[PP-F1] A Brand New Friend(Yureka)(complete)

Grim saw that she was not willing to tell him as of right now, so he listens and anwers her question, "Well its actaully funny, I to come from America, but as of this moment im in Japan studing abroad, but im a little more complex than that, you see, I come from an aristocrat family, my family is the Anderson family, my father runs the largest networking maintanense company in the world called Infinty Wares Productions, you see, im the youngest son of the family." "If you remeber correctly, I was on the news for being the only person able to go to the national championship finals in chess, swimming, cross-country, weight lifting, football, soccer, and tennis, and come in first place in all of these events." "My name is Tokaru Grimnaro Anderson." As Grim tells Yureka this he hopes she accepts him for who he is, and not his title and status.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yureka raised her eyebrow and grinned wider, "rich boy ehh? so whats it like on the other side of the economy?" she asks with a light laugh her humor starting to take over her emotions now and her worry almost faded into the background. "I know it sure as hell sucks on the down side but there are some good things i guess" she puts her hands down on the branch she is straddling and leans forward swinging her legs up and stretching her back not seeming to care about the fact that she was over eight feet high off the ground.

"Not all it's cracked up to be actually, I never really relied on my families wealth in order to get successful in my life, all I really needed was my families support, and I was ok, but what really helped me in life was my youngest sister." "She was always there with me, calling Onii-chan "Toka" and smilling, making me feel better. As Grims eyes watered up, just thinking about his baby sister made his heart swell, "I miss her soo much... I... remember one time me, my eldest and youngest sisters would resight a song, that my youngest loved, it was called "Alouette" Grim began to sing it "Alouette, gentille Alouette, Alouette, je te plumerai, Je te plumerai la tête (Je te plumerai la tête), Et la tête (Et la tête)..." But he stopped there for he couldn't continue, he had tears rolling down his face, as he turned his head away from Yureka to hide his sadness.

Yureka's eyes widened a bit at the turn in conversation, but she listens patiently waiting for Grim to finish. when he describes his family, and the other things that he had, she has to bite back the retort about actually having a family. She can see that he is already starting to cry and its not like anything would change if she made a crying guy feel any worse. she hesitantly raised a hand not sure what to do when somebody was crying. she settled with setting her hand, albeit a bit awkwardly, on his shoulder in an attempt to comfort him. "I wish I could say that I knew what it was like.. " she said "but the truth is there is only one person back home for me to miss and... I'm not sure if I should really be missing him, its messed up."

Grim stopped eyes still with a bit of tears in them, turned to see Yureka trying to comfort him, then as he wipes his eyes clean, he says, "How so, why is it that you shouldn't miss them, unless you have a abusive boyfreind, then I say to the hell with him, if your here alone, and he didn't come in with you, then that means he doesn't care about you." "Your better off without him, anyone who treats another human without the respect, and love that they deserve, doesn't deserve to have that happiness at all." As Grim shifts his stance from his lotus stance to one more relaxed. he had one leg proped up in a bent at the knee, with his foot horizaontal on the branch, and the other straight along the trees branch, with his right arm on his right knee, while the other was hanging on his straight leg. Staring at the clouds rolling by.

Yureka got nervous again talking about herself and almost tried to throw her mask back up but decided that Grim was being honest with her she shouldn't go making a fool of herself when he was being serious. she thought of her boyfriend and his view on games, also the fact that she hadn't actually bought the game, "well .. it was kind of a spur of the moment thing, he didn't really have a choice, and he wasn't .. physically abusive?..." she trailed off and sighed, "the thing is I .. don't have a family, I never really did, and he is the only one who hasn't left yet, sure he is a sadistic A-hole some times but at least he was there most of the time.." she still hasn't started crying its almost as if she can't cry her eyes are sad and their brilliant sapphire color is dulled and a slightly stormy gray and she stares at the ground embarrassed about showing so much weakness. "i'm not sure though its not like we were good for each other," she gives a half-hearted laugh, "in a way I guess its good that I got myself stuck in here, its given me the chance to realize that my life sucked and I needed to change things, and I'm really rambling now anytime you feel the need do interupt and stop me, the emotions are making me embarrassed, gosh this is an amazing tree, we should totally name it or something, yeah that's a great idea.." her cheeks start to heat up and she plants her face down on the branch laying down on it and hiding in her arms, "i'm just gonna stop now.."

Grim didn't know how to reply to that response, he sat there and tried to say something, He never was in a situation that involved another person like Yureka was in, "Yureka, im... im sorry, I didn't now, and I shoudn't have said that." Grim stopped his sentnese there, then looked to Yureka, who was hiding her face now, "You see Yureka, your life doesn't suck, if it did then you wouldn't have came to this game, and now... you have me as a friend." Grims face blushed abit, he had never said anything like this to a woman before, "I'm sorry if I upset you, or made you feel uncomfotable." "If you ever need a friend to talk to, Im here to help." As Grim face turned aven more red on his ivory white skin, he was trying to play the nice guy, trying to help get Yureka back on her feet. "So a name for this tree eh... how bout the "Tree of Friendships?" "Because of it... I have a really great friend now." As Grim layed his hand on Yureka's shoulder, "Now shall we continue our conversation, I'll avoid any topics that are sensitive to you." Sound good?" As Grim had a warm smile on his face.

Yureka looked up and grinned "'tree of friendship' huh? it sounds cheesy, I like it" she sat up "I guess we could continue the conversation, or.." she looked up the tree and grinned "its been a while since I saw a tree this big I kinda want to see how high I can get in it" she looked back down at Grim and smiled probably the first genuine smile yet one that actually reached her eyes. "so you coming? or are you scared?" she teased good naturally while reaching for the branch above hers.

"Scared?" Me nah, coming behind you." As Grim was behind Yureka, he saw her ponytail, and had a little grin, he began to swat at it with his hand, playfully scratching at it with his fingers, and slightly laughing to himself, "Gonna getcha, better start moving, haha" As Grim was nearly at Yurekas feet, just playfully fooling around scratching at her feet, and ponytail, before getting to the top of the tree. "Wow, you can see the whole valley." As Grim stood on the branch stretching out of the tree, in a cat like crouch stance. He then stood up, standing 6'2'', Grim could see all the way to the lake, stopping there for a minute, then breathed out slowly, and continued to scan the valley. As the wind blew by his loose braided ponytail, it danced in the wind, as the sun came out of the clouds, his scar on his back stood out on his back, as the light glistened off his ivory white skin.

"ahh, hey you aren't making this easy you know" she laughed and looked down at him as she climbed, she reached the top just before he did and watched as he stood on a branch, knowing that she would probably never be coordinated enough to do something like that. she actually breathed in slow deep steady breaths, clutching the small branches to keep herself from falling. she could feel the adrenaline rushing through her system making her slightly jittery but she could see forever and it was amazing "you know its almost all worth it just to see sights like this.. " she said as she watched the wind blow through the grass and the sky start to turn pink in the west. she then decided to look down to see just how high they were, not forgetting about her fear of high places, she stared at the ground far below them. 'it must be a good fifty or sixty feet down, easily break about six bones if I fell' sometimes she thought she was crazy for doing things that scared her but she liked the rush she felt when she did it, sure it terrified the hell out of her but she found it exhilarating.

Grim looked back and saw Yureka, clinging to a branch, "Guess your not use to height and all." "Here take my hand, I'll keep you steady." As Grim turns around and holds out his hand, hoping Yureka would take it. As Grim smiles with his pearl white teeth, under his mustache and goatee combo, he looks at Yureka with his yellow-green eyes changing to a emerald green. "Don't worry, I got you, I won't let you fall, trust me." As Grim takes Yurekas hand from the branch and coys her to come closer.

Yureka gulps and drags her eyes away from the ground, she takes a deep breath and then takes Grim's hand wobbling a bit as she stands up, "woah," she holds on to his arm practically for dear life as if she is terrified, however, the look on her face is contradictory. her face is broken out in a wide grin and her eyes are full of excitement and humor. "good lord this is terrifying," she says as her grin gets bigger, "its wonderful!" she can feel the adrenaline rushing all around inside her screaming at her to get down, stop being stupid, find a safe place to hide, but she ignores it all feeling the light breeze brush past.

"Stop fooling around your gonna get hurt doing that Yure." As Grim balances the branch out, he then walks with cat like reflexes and grabs Yurekas hand and pulls her close into his arms, as he does, he feels her head sit on his chest. His heart beat begins to quicken, as he didn't anticipate that he would bring her in so close to his. As Grims face begins to blush he then trys to calm down, it was no use, his heart was going to fast for his to calm down. "Didn't think this would happen." He thought to himself, "What's gonna happen now, if I let go, she might fall, but if I don't then I can't stop my heart from pounding." Not sure what to do he stands there with Yureka still in his arms, as the wind blows the leaves around them.

Yureka's eyes widen a bit as she is caught up in Grims arms and her face breaks out in a blush as she looks forward straight into his bare chest. she opens her mouth to tell him that she is ok but nothing comes out, she swallows and tries again, "um I think I .. uh," she has trouble forming a coherent sentence and her sarcastic sass kicks in instead "well.. this is awkward" she could have smacked herself for that 'what the hell self? oh yeah that's gonna leave a good impression' she tries to face palm but without being able to move her arms she ends up just face planting into his chest "ignore me please I think my brain seems to have short circuited."

Grim had the same expression on his face as well, "Uh... yeah... same here." Grims ivory white skin was red as a rose, he never had that happen to him, for he never had a girl friend, and the only gilrs every to bury their faces into his chest where his sisters. "Uh... sorry, I guess i was kinda a little hastey..." Grim couldn't finish his sentense for he was to nervous to say anything, and looked down at the gorund below him, and saw a dire wolf, all alone. Grims eyes narrowed, as he signaled to Yureka to look down, and put his finger over his mouth, then turned to his target, and then jumped from branch to branch so quietly, not even the dire wolf heard him. He then sky dived down, onto the wolf. As Grim missed his target, the Dire Wolf runs away, from the tree, Grim then retunrs his attention to the main reason he's here. Grim then looks back up at Yureka at the top of the tree. Smiling and laughing, Grim then climbs back up to the top of the tree and sits back down where he was before."Well that was fun." Grim chuckles to himself then turns back to Yureka.

Grims HP: 17/17

Dire Wolf: 5/5-runs away

-on combat dice-

1-5: Grim misses Dire wolf allowing for move(Crafting dice decides dire wolf move)

6-8: Grim hits Dire wolf causing 2 points of damage (Crafting dice decides extra attack point due to sneak attack)

9-10: Grim hits Dire wolf causing 3 points of damage (Crafting dice decides extra attack point due to sneak attack)

9-10: Grim hits Dire wolf causing 4 points of damage (Crafting dice decides extra attack point due to sneak attack)

-on crafting dice-

1-3: Grim causes 0 points of extra damage due to sneak attack

4-6: Dire wolf runs away after the attempted sneak attack.

7-9: Dire wolf turns to Grim and does 2 points of extra damage.

10-12: Dire wolf turnd to Grim and attempts an attack but runs away

Grim falls and with his <> skill active, his fists start glowing, as he falls he yells, "Now with my heavenly fists I send you to the depths of hell, die monster, YAHHH!!!" Landing a hit straight onto the Dire wolfs head, killing it. As it dematerializes, the red pixels that were once the wolf, swarm and envelope Grim, like roses blowing in the wind, they quickly disapate away into nothingness. and Grim then looks back up at Yureka at the top of the tree. Smiling and laughing, Grim then climbs back up to the top of the tree and sits back down where he was before. "Well that was fun." Grim chuckles to himself then turns back to Yureka.

Yureka collapses when Grim suddenly disappears and she grabs onto her previous branch moving so that she is sitting and looking down at Grim. 'what the hell?' she thought 'is this guy like immortal or something?' she laughs as he climbs back up and sits next to her, "yeah thats totally what i would call fun," she rolls her eyes and sighs, her heartbeat was slowly returning to normal and the tree was swaying in the wind quite peacefully and she felt like she could get used to this.

Grim looked at Yureka, and then his eyes changed back to their dark hazel brown, with a splash of green thoughout his eyes. Then Grim opened his item menu and materialized a bread, and a bottle of water, from his inventory. He then bega to eat his food, as well as materializing a book. The book was covered with black leather, had gold lettering edged into the skin that read Signa Amor(Signs of Love), and had a striking crimson ribbon marking a page in the book. As Grim switched from his bread in his left hand, to his drink, while holding his book in the other hand. He began to say a text in another language, Nihil petentibus Amor, si habuerit, invenies amorem. '("Love comes to those who seek nothing, if one has nothing, then love will find them.") Grim then closes his book, and looks at Yureka, and his face turns crimson again, As he remembers what happen a few minutes ago.

-1 bread from inventory

-1 water from inventory

Yureka smiles and closed her eyes enjoying the wind as it blew past, she sat on the branch with a bit more confidence not clutching it so tightly but more relaxed. she swung he feet back and forth and felt the wind tugging at the longer strands of hair that were tucked under her scarf. she grinned and decided that since she was up in the tree she wouldn't be fighting and therefore didn't absolutely need to have her hair tied back so firmly. she un-equipped her scarf and pulled the tie off of her braid letting her hair fall loose shaking it out and enjoying the wind as it blew through it. she opened her eyes and saw that grim was eating and reading something, "whatcha reading?" she asked as she pulled an apple shaped fruit from her own inventory and bit into it. strangely it tasted nothing like apples but more like a weird mix of strawberries and grapes.

-1 fruit

Grim eyes grew big at Yure pulling her hair out of her braid, his chest felt heavy, and began to breathe deeper and heavier, "What is this feeling, it's driving me insane!!" As Grim then realises that Yure is interested in his book. "Oh, this... this is nothing, you couldn't read it, it's in latin anyway, haha... yeah you can't read it, I won't let you." As Grim playfully gaukes at Yure, as he waves the book in his hand. He hopes she can't read latin at least, im mean, he knew it because he learned how to from his eldest sister. And not many people can read it now a days.