[Floor 6/PP] Greetings. Are you here to hurt me?

As they walked, the feeling of unease build up within Jinx's chest. At first, the girl tried to ignore it as she could feel the sleepy ferret on her shoulder, that and tried to defeat the worries in her chest about the attack she had survived. But the more she calmed down, the more worry that started to build up wihin her chest. There was something wrong, something that had happened today that cut her deep...but what was it? It wasn't the fight, or at least, just the fight on its own. There had been something dark...evil came to mind. Was it a person? The idea mulled, but with her mind dulled from the fighting, she couldn't grasp the ideas. Stray words littered her mind, like a messy room or a dirty kitchen, but Alisea couldn't gather anything more than scraps...

Arriving at the safe zone, Alisea let out a short whistle before picking up bandit in the palm of her hand and offering the familiar back to Mishiro and Roman "Off ya go little guy....Oh, and thank you" Jinx gave them both a short bow, but it was more aimed at Mishiro "If it wasn't for you Mishiro, i'd of....well...i don't want to think about how today would have gone..." The girl was speaking German, so if they didn't have auto-translate on...well..it would be hard to understand her this time.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the sight of the wooden arch towering above Krycim's entry point and the settlement's familiar vine-riddled structures, she allowed herself a quiet sigh of relief and the tension in her shoulders eased. It was a much welcome comfort - and it lasted until her thoughts took hold. Mishiro stepped forward, further into the safe zone. Her gaze was blank, listless.

She stared off into the distance, processing.

Roman sometimes spoke of player killers, but until now, they had been nothing but a cautionary tale. They couldn't touch her, so long as she took the necessary precautions. But time and again, they brought down the strong and the innocent. Some whose names she knew, most she didn't. And today - she looked over her shoulder at Jinx, carefully handing off the sleeping ferret to Roman - she had witnessed an attempt firsthand. In a world where everyone would have benefited from working towards a common goal, they were a reality. 

--She remembered the dagger raised above her head and all of the fear she should have felt in that moment came back to grip at her throat.

"Then, I guess we part ways here. Are you sure you'll be alright?" Roman turned his head to the side, allowing the familiar to nestle comfortably into his hood, but he still looked at the shielder with concern. "If you have a guild or some friends, I think it would be best to stay close to them for the next few days. Or -" He looked over to Mishiro for approval. She took a moment to figure out what he was alluding to. Breathe. And she gave her agreement with a small nod. "- You can come over. Floor 3, Cafe Myosotis. It's a safe zone, and I know a few people you can talk to if you feel unsafe."

So this was goodbye?

Jinx's switch to German went unnoticed. Mishiro returned her small bow. "I was just doing what anyone else would have done." She straightened and considered the girl standing in front of her for a moment. Her name, their short exchange of words, and what they just went through. "Do you want to exchange contacts?" 

Mishiro sent the girl a friend request and they said their farewells.

Once Jinx had left, silence settled between the two. 

--She remembered the dagger raised above her head, and she didn't feel like gathering those materials anymore.

"Let's go home? I'll pull some materials from the treasury, have them make an exception," Roman offered. He rubbed her head in the fond manner she was familiar with, and she couldn't help but return his reassuring smile. "Okay? You need to rest."

He reached for her hand, and they started down the short path to Floor 6's teleport gate. 

❄ SUMMARY 

Mishiro and Jinx

• 2 SP
  • 400 Col

Embers

• 1 SP

A name has been crossed out of the Monument.

<<Haniel>> NPC
Player-Killed by Claude NPC.

Spoiler

ooc: Jinx did not provide the name of the scout Claude (Roman) killed, so I made one up.