[ SP - F05 ] Take Two? <<Feeding the Enemy>>

It’s been about ten minutes since Kirbs had started walking from her spot, and she felt like doodoo. Oh. My. God. If I keep this up much longer, I’m going to bloody faint! She gave an exasperated sigh and blinked away the stinging in her eyes. Is that a cave? Please don’t tell me I’m bloody hallucinating! She gave a gasp of relief as she did in fact find a cave, not too far away in fact. She could be there in a few minutes if she could speedwalk in the sand. I’ll take it! Sweet relief, I’m coming! I’m coming for your bloody arse! You have been far from me for far too long! She stifled a giggled but continued on. By the time she had actually reached the cave, her forehead was already beaded with sweat and she swore she could see a full blown lake in the distance. Yup, yup. I’m definitely hallucinating!

She fell back onto the rock wall with a sigh of relief. Still insanely hot, but I don’t have the sun shining rays of death on my arse anymore at least. She giggled softly and sank down onto the floor. I guess I’ll just... sit here until it gets dark? There’ll be more monsters out so I guess that will kind of help me? I don’t frekin’ know! She sighed to herself as she tapped her fingers on the cold and bare cave ground, not making much sound but at least it comforted her by just a fraction. Maybe I can take one small nap before it gets dark. I don’t want to pass out in the middle of the dessert at night! I would be such an idiot! She sighed and squinted at the rock covered walls. She shrugged her shoulders. One nap can’t hurt. Yeah, I’ll just wake up in a few hours... She trailed off, her eyes closing from exhaustion.

Evelyn sat on her bed, her legs crossed and a focused face was glued on her head. One more level, one more level..! Just as her fingers grazed over the buttons of a controller, the sound of glass breaking and windows shattering filled the room. Surprised by the sudden sound and sharp pain on her cheek, the girl let out a shriek of surprise and threw her controller away. What. The. Hell. She gasped for air as she peered over her bed. A large brick was sitting on her floor among shards of glass. She pressed her hand against her chest and breathed in. Her heart was racing, and it didn’t show any sign of stopping. Just as she was about to let her feet touch the ground, a certain pair of twins bursted through the door, concern and shock evident on their faces as they took in the scene.

”What the hell?”

Evelyn looked at them, her eyes widening with surprise. She averted her gaze back on the brick, and then to the shattered window. “I-I was just... s-sitting here a-and...” She didn’t realize she was crying until she felt hot tears reach her chin. Logan and Landon shared a look of shock as they looked from her to the crime scene. After a few seconds of unbearable silence, her brothers quickly went to comfort her. Logan was the first to reach her as she stood frozen in her spot. Her brought her in for a hug, to which she responded to gratefully. She quietly sobbed into his shoulder as her rubbed circles on her back. “I-I’m sorry,” she hiccuped, her voice shaking with fear.

”Sh... you have nothing to be sorry for. You did nothing wrong, Ev,” He mumbled, patting her back. She didn’t miss the look he had shared with Logan as he comforted her. 

After a few minutes of soothing and sobbing, the siblings finally had enough energy to speak up about the whole ordeal. “Thanks guys,” Evelyn sniffed, rubbing her pink eyes. “I really need that,” she huffed tiredly, falling back onto the mount of stuffed animals on her bed.

Logan was the first of the two to speak. “No problem Ev.” He glanced at the shattered window and then to the glass on the floor. “Thank god no one was home. Ma and Pa would be so bloody pissed.” He raked a hand through his red hair frustratedly. “We should probably clean this up before they get home anyways. I’ll tell them that some neighborhood kids were playing football or something.” 

Landon spoke up, his eyes trailing over the brick. “A bloody brick...” He grumbled under his breath. “Yeah. Let’s clean up and then we’ll talk about this,” he mumbled quietly as he left the room, probably to find a broom and dustpan.

“What’s his problem?” She tilted her head in confusion. She looked over to Logan, expecting answers. 

He bit his lower lip and pulled back his bangs. “He’s probably just trying to figure stuff out. You know how he is when he’s thinking.” He looked at his sisters face and frowned. “Let’s clears up your face, I’ll be back with a wet rag.” He said abruptly, walking out of the room without any further discussion on what he was talking about.

Whats wrong with my face? She touched her cheek and froze when she felt a warm liquid trickle down her finger. She held out her hand and blinked at the red on her finger, the idea barely registering in her mind. I’m bleeding? She had just realized it, but she quickly brushed it off as adrenaline and shock. Who would do this to me? And why would they do it?

Evelyn stared and her red hands and sighed. Well. This sucks. By the time she had stopped staring at her hands, both of her brothers had already returned with a broom and dustpan and along with a wet rag. Time to get to work then, I guess. 

The three worked in silence for a while. And even after they finished, there weren’t that many words to exchange to begin with. Evelyn now had a firm bandage on her cheek. They all just sat in her room, silent. The floor has been cleared of glass and and the brick was now sitting on her desk. “Okay,” Evelyn spoke up, her voice shaking a little bit. She look between both of her brothers with a serious expression. “I think we need to address the problem here.”

Logan and Landon shared s look. I hate it when they do that. “Ev, I think we know exactly who did it.”

Edited by Kirbs

Kirbs let out a lacy breath as she woke up. God dang, my frekin’ head hurts now. She pounded her palm against the side of her head and groaned. Is it dark yet? She peered our the entrance of the cave and sighed. I still have a few hours before it would get dark. God dang it! She clenched her fists and slid down to the floor again. Damn it. That was such a weird dream. I feel like a bloody psychic right now! Am I become a bloody gypsie? She let out a soft chuckle and stretched her arms in front of her. It feels weird being here, by myself. Even though it’s only floor five, the monsters here are a lot more dangerous than the ones in floor one. I should be able to handle this though. My evasion enhancements is pretty good, so should avoid being hit for a bit.

Kirbs twitched her foot and sighed. What am I doing here? I could get hurt, or even worse, killed! Do I really want to get killed doing a basic quest like this? I don’t even want to be killed. Why couldn’t I have been a normal person who wasn’t addicted to video games? She covered her face with her hands and frowned. If I don’t find one today, I’m doing this quest another day. I can’t stand- sit here and doing nothing while I wait for it to become bloody dark out! She threw her hands up in the air and groaned, pushing her head back against the rocky surface of the cave. I want food. Like, right now. I already blew through all of my inventory. I guess I’ll just have to buy something when I get back to town. That is if I even return back to town today. She shook her head. What are you thinking Evelyn? Pull yourself together! Logan and Landon would be laughing their arses off if they saw you now!

She shook her head and sniffed. Think happy thoughts! Like the time.. I opened our shop! Yeah! She smiled to herself, remembering the ups and downs that went alongside with her shop. The constant burning, the piles of ashes I made on that counter.. she chuckled to herself. "Will this new familiar even be worth it?" she wondered, her eyes dropping to the ground. Maybe.. maybe not.. but I'm going to keep those memories forever.. even when I do get out of this game.. she smiled warmly, the colors of the night slowly sinking into her red colored eyes again. This sucks.

The sky sure is beautiful.. I haven't seen any of the night time scenery in Aincrad yet.. she tilted her head and leaned on her arms. First thing I want to do when I get out of here is paint this.. she wave down her hands in the air. 

ID: 110186

LD: 6+6=11, Fail

Edited by Kirbs