[PP-F22] <<Witch of the West>> A Long Way From Home

Quest

To get back in the game, he needed to go on quests. Simply put, he needed more skills points if he wanted to maximize his damage. It was simple, the more hits he could get on a target, the less likely they can hit back because they would be too busy being dead. So damage was everything to him as of currently. On top of this, he heard that this quest in particular was capable of allowing crafters to obtain a higher chance of being successful with their crafts, and this was something he might probably need in the future. The monsters had high stats that could potentially wipe him off of the face of the earth if he took too many on at once. Hence why he called upon the one person he knew would actually assist him with these sorts of issues. And so he would open up his private messaging tab and proceed to tap on the keys.

Spoiler

To: @Hestia

"Hey Hestia, mind giving me a hand? There's a good crafting item on the 22nd floor after completing some Witch of the West quest. Thanks!"

• 3 months later...

Getting a message i open up my menu with some curiosity at what it could possibly be from since the only ones i know of who would message me nowadays would be for a order from some new players needing help with their familiar, Ruby, or Zandra is what it feels like at points. Though to my surprise it is from Sey once more as i grin rather happily at that and nod my head as i send a quick message back towards the white haired man with a rather happy smile across my face.

Spoiler

@Sey

I'll be coming on over towards Floor twenty two right away.

With the message sent i remain in some vanity styled clothing as i pick out a black sleeveless t-shirt, and long grey pants as i nod to myself rather happily at he choice before taking out a teleport crystal. Teleport, Floor twenty two! I call out as a blue life engulfs myself and my familiar as we get teleported towards the floor in question where Sey is wanting to do this quest. Knowing the one he is speaking about rather well from having experience with it myself, but not as much as others since it isn't a very popular one that people ask help on which is surprising really when one would think about it.

Kyu made this journey easy this time, taking a bold leap onto his shoulder as he would wait for Hestia to arrive. Navigating someone on a friend's list shouldn't be that hard, right? It would take a while on the map before he located that familiar icon that signaled a new target for him. They must make haste, for there is no time to be dragging their feet. If he wanted to get the better loot from the winter festival that happened, he needed this item. Perhaps it could help him with his shop, but he was simply one rank from becoming maxed out in that field. It would be a waste of time to do that again. His steps were quick as he searched and follow the icon before he would finally find Hestia and her familiar with her, greeting the both of them with a smile. Kyu looked indifferent like she typically did. "Hey Hestia, thank you for coming with me today. I greatly appreciate it, this isn't something I'm willing to try and brave alone while I'm so rusty."

The intense cold of floor four is quickly swapped for the pleasant summer weather that is the twenty second floor the virtual paradise for those wanting to escape from the reality of the world and just enjoy a nice vacation. Blinking as i hear my username i turn towards Sey and gives him a rather happy wave as i walk on over towards him with a grin across my face and my familiar at my side. It was no problem at all Sey i am always on call to help out with as much as i can if i am able to do so. Though while you may have gotten a bit rusty during your leave of absence i being how i usually am once more didn't take that many breaks and have only gotten stronger for it. I say in a joking tone of voice towards the white haired man with a slight smile across my face as i than glance towards the direction of where the tower on the hill should be if i remember it correctly. 'Though being strong doesn't mean anything if you don't have anybody to trust or who trusts you.' i think for only but a moment as it is just a fleeting thought as i quickly try to dismiss it from my mind as i than glance back towards Sey to give him the same smile as earlier. So than do you know which direction to go in for this quest?

"Ooo, let me reword for that. 'Sey, while you were sleeping on your ass, I was studying the blade~'". Sey joked right back with a smile. Hestia had a nice personality that knew when to be serious and knew when to mess around. It seems like they've gotten to a point where they could lightly screw around with each other without any damaged feelings. And the more tempting the APD seemed, though that would be very interesting for him to take up if he did. Regardless, now was not the time to be dwelling on such a thing, they both had work to do! "According to the quest, we are off to the Forest of Memories. We'll face an ambush from there if any of the previous quests have told me anything. But it would be interesting to see what kind of mechanics the game will try to put in this one. Care to enlighten me with the details so we both know what roles to play in this fight?" For he still didn't exactly know what she was designed to do in a fight.

I chuckle softly at the rewording of my words towards him as i roll my eyes while having a amused grin across my face as i cross my arms at my chest. Wow didn't know i sounded so condescending good to know for the future. I say jokingly back towards him as i than hear the talk about the quest in question as i just nod my head and than equip my usual battle gear. The heavy armor, shield, and sword appearing in my hands and on my body as i look towards him.  Well i can play many roles honestly, but primarily tank and support is what i should remain doing unless i get my hands on some accuracy buff so i have a halfway decent chance of hitting something. Leave me with tanking the hits while you do the damage and we should be good in all honesty. The basic mobs are just that really basic. The boss itself is only worrying because of an AoE attack and that isn't all that dangerous if you have some mitigation to protect yourself. It's only really worrying if you're like tier two and one handed hoping to solo this quest while having no mitigation or evasion. I might be wrong about how weak it is though. It's kinda hard to judge how hard quests are really due to being as high level as i am. Since as long as i have myself and at least one decent DPS most quests are quickly dealt with. I say with a small shrug of my shoulders as i give my opinion towards the man.

They were able to bond over this sort of thing quite nicely, it brought a smile onto his lips that that was the case. And then they went back down to business, talking about what they needed to do and what kind of roles that they were able to take. "Nice. Take the role of the tank then, I can handle myself in the damage department as long as the mitigation is not too high." Sey explained calmly before his eyes shifted to Kyu. She flicked her tail, seems like she was ready to do the damage. Back onto Hestia, he would continue. "Don't worry, I have the mitigation and I have the battle healing that will cover me. I shouldn't be afraid of taking any AoE hits, they won't bother me so long as I keep myself careful. The quest is below our levels as well, but I didn't want to risk having an insane boss wipe me off the face of the game. Then there will be many problems that are left without a resolution. As much as I like to say death would be sweet, no thank you."

Death should never be something that is welcoming in my opinion. Fight for every inch and every moment that you can get out of life and you'll be rewarded for it despite how tempting the release of death might be during some moments. You don't know how much time you might have in this world and if it would end abruptly everyone who knew you and everything you could do in this life would end in a flash and you'd only have regret. I say towards the white haired man with a tone of seriousness as i look him in eyes with them narrowed at him before i glance back towards the direction of where to begin the quest.  yeah lets get towards the forest of memories though. We got a quest to do and i'm certain that while talking around he for who knows how long could be nice, but you did bring me to here for business seemingly rather than for pleasantries. I say in a half-joking half somewhat serious tone of voice towards him with a small smile on my face. I start to make my way towards the forest of memories ready to fight the flying monkeys.

"As long as I have something to fight for, I'll keep on living. Isn't that what keeps most people alive? I have yet to hear of a people who lives without a purpose who wouldn't embrace death. As morbid as that sounds. But fortunately for most of us, good or bad, we all have some reason to live. And I'll proudly say that I have some reasons for waking up in the morning and deciding to breathe." And what was Sey's reason? Well there was the obvious one, but there was also just the willingness to get out of this game. If there was anything he would like, it would be to never have to wake up with the fear of someone opening his menu and forcing him into a duel before ending his life. "Aye aye, captain~. It shouldn't take us too long if we hurry. Let's having a dashing start then. I'll see you over there!" And just like that, he would seemingly blur from the scene, for it was the first time in a while he could actually rush. Hestia was bound to do the same thing with her skill, so he had little doubts in her.

I would watch Sey rush forward as i smile a bit sadly as he does so. Fight. Even if you don't have anything to fight for just never give up. Death isn't welcoming even if you don't have a will to continue fighting. I say softly towards myself as i than quickly move forward to try and catch up towards the white haired man as i push myself as far as i can through the use of charge, and my natural running capacity while wearing heavy armor. Doing my best to just try and keep the form of Sey within view while doing so as i can't help but think of the event boss that definitely created some problems within my eyes. A boss that was designed for murder and had done so successfully but the players having only been given mercy from their deaths and from the looks of it might've changed a few for the worse. 'I should ask Morgenstern about that. About how the fallout of Artamiel affected him.' i think to myself for a moment as the form of the fallen tank comes to mind and how broken he seemingly is.

Hear nothing, say nothing. It was as simple as that. Sey wasn't one to think so simply outside of the typical realistic point of view. There was little hope, there was little despair, he just wanted to live a life where he used facts in order to gain the world. That was the Yukino family for you, the types to take people who believe and use reality to trump them. There were exceptions to these rules, naturally. But at least he had good intentions, for Sey was not interested in having dead bodies fly around left and right in front of him. As easy as it is to see them as numbers, seeing them in front of him dying and screaming would have a hellish effect on him. And he would eventually find himself in the forest after charging for the few minutes that they did, travel being much better on these forms of floors that matched their par. Now to wait on Hestia before the both of them could proceed with this quest, she couldn't be far behind.

Catching up towards Sey i would grin toward him as i am quite certain my charge could be heard quite a bit away due to the nature of wearing heavy armor while running against solid ground. So Sey you read to fight some flying monkeys? I ask him with a grin on my face as i quickly discard the thoughts i had while getting towards here since they would only provide as a distraction during a fight against their opponents be it they may be as weak as they could be. To allow myself to get surprise attacked by them would be utterly embarrassing from the fact of having rank five search, and if i could be seen that would be even more funny if i tried to hide and got spotted from having rank four hiding. So than should i just use the howl skill and hope for the best do you think, or do you think we should just go deeper into the forest and wait for the monkeys to come from the trees or whatever they will do? I ask the white haired man as i have my hands rather ready to activate the skill howl encase we would want to go with that primarily.

"I think I am ready indeed~. Their stats aren't that threatening to be real with you. Though I don't have the best AoE game, so it might take me about two or three hits before I can finish them all off. Other than that small concern, I don't mind rolling the dice and having you howl at them." Sey would ready his fists by holding them up in the air, the wind around them beginning to circulate around his body and a smile lapsed across his face. This was going to be interesting, they were going to attract as many of the silly monkeys that they could and wipe them out quick, that was his plan anyways. "If you are comfortable with handling that sort of heat, anyways.  I don't want to push you into that sort of corner since dealing with all those enemies would be quite annoying I would assume." Sey stated as he braced his feet to spring the instant the monkeys were called into play. Though he was not sure how many her howl would bring onto the field, hopefully as many as she intended.

Lets roll those dice shall we than? I say towards Sey with a grin across my face as i slam the pommel of my blade against my shield as i activate the howl skill. The sound of the impact echoes loudly throughout the forest as i just smile and than wait patiently for the appearance of the new foe and i am not left disappointed. The forms of the four monkey shoot towards me as i just raise my shield and slam it into the monkey as they pass by me close enough to allow their attacks to hit the shield, and than for the metal spikes along the shield to hit the two monkeys that it had. The other two have done a quick backpedaling retreat to avoid the damage.  Well two out of four isn't bad for getting my thorns off against these monkeys. Though that does mean you're up Sey lets see just how rusty you actually are. I say jokingly towards him.

Action: Howl

#113867 BD:8  35 dmg to hestia  54 Thorns to monkey
#113868 MD:3+1=4
#113869 MD:5+1=6 35 to hest  54 thorns to monkey
#113870 MD:4+1=5  CD:7 +6 to eng

[3/3/3/3] Hestia: HP: 1720/1790  Energy: 168/170 DMG:17   MIT:151  Thorns: 54  Eva: -1  BH: 80 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG)    Stonewall: 25% DoT reduction
[0/0/0/0]Sey: ?/?

Flying Monkey: 96/150  70DMG(35 minimum) 20 MIT
Flying Monkey: 150/150  70DMG(35 minimum) 20 MIT
Flying Monkey: 150/150  70DMG(35 minimum) 20 MIT

This one was going to hurt, Sey was no long using a spear like in the old days. His AoE skill may be a bit down, but he was going to inflict some nasty damage. Hestia did well to mitigate the heavy levels of damage that she did so easily, even getting some of their health bar down a considerable amount without retaliating. In turn, Sey would then press his feet against the ground with her words in mind. "I agree~. Time for one rusty boy to take them down!" Sey declared with a smile, charging swiftly towards them before swinging a heavy right heel towards one of them. It shattered instantly upon contact. The next would take the same spinning right heel, flying back a decent amount. The third shattered, the fourth fly as well, leaving two of them in critical condition. His spinning then stopped and he crouched down so that his balance could be retained. "I think we are almost done~"

Action: Tornado Kick on Flying Monkeys
Skill: Charge +5 DMG

ID# 113871 results:

Battle: 8 [24 x 6 = 144 - 20 MIT = 124 DMG per Monkey]

[3/3/3/3] Hestia: HP: 1720/1790  Energy: 168/170 DMG:17   MIT:151  Thorns: 54  Eva: -1  BH: 80 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG)    Stonewall: 25% DoT reduction
[1/1/1/1]Sey: 1,205/1,205 | EN: 102/116 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 99 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | BH: 60

Flying Monkey: 26/150  70DMG(35 minimum) 20 MIT

Edited by Sey

Looking towards the remaining two monkeys that are in the red i just make a short little click sound as i look towards the two remaining monkeys who charge towards me. Getting my blade ready by getting into the basic motion for the farrant full moon while having my shield up the first monkey bursts into red shards when he collides with it. The second however dodges upwards to avoid a similar fate and having luckily done so as i spun around rather quickly in the hopes of cutting the monkey in half with the triple spin and slice against him. However, by the end there was no luck as their only remains a singular monkey left staring between the two of us with a look of worry across its simian face. This is why I love thorns. I don't need to hit my targets to deal damage to them. I say with a chuckle.

Action: Farrant Full Moon

#113872 BD:3  MD:2+1=3
#113873 BD:6(not counted since monkeys attack first) MD:6  35 damage to hestia 54 thorns to the monkey

[3/3/3/3] Hestia: HP: 1720/1790  Energy: 167/170 DMG:17   MIT:151  Thorns: 54  Eva: -1  BH: 80 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG)    Stonewall: 25% DoT reduction
[1/1/1/1]Sey: 1,205/1,205 | EN: 102/116 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 99 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | BH: 60

"Dealing damage when you don't even have to swing a sword, how do you get such magnificent ideas~." Sey teased lightly, though he did like that Hestia had a prepared tank build. It was easy for her to do damage even when she was unable to land her strikes. Sey could block an attack easily, but he would not be able to punish when getting hit. Hestia was no slouch in the damage department, even as a tank, and that was commendable. But now he needed to strike! And so he would quickly charge another quick kick with the skip of his step before slamming the tip towards the body of the enemy. One flying monkey was left with a worried facial expression no more, it was now shattered and left to join the rest with it's fictional friends that ambushed them. Sey landed with light feet pressing against the ground. "Nice job out there, Hestia. You take those hits like a champ."

Action: Delayed Sword

ID# 113874 results:

Battle: 8 [19 x 4 = 76 - 20 = 56]

[3/3/3/3] Hestia: HP: 1720/1790  Energy: 167/170 DMG:17   MIT:151  Thorns: 54  Eva: -1  BH: 80 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG)    Stonewall: 25% DoT reduction
[1/1/2/1]Sey: 1,205/1,205 | EN: 99/116 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 99 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | BH: 60

Flying Monkey: 0/150  70DMG(35 minimum) 20 MIT

Edited by Sey

Through the wonders and desires to be a figure people can stand behind and know they are protected of course Sey. As i told you i once thought of being a angel one of protection for a theme. I say to him with a grin across my face as i turn towards the monkey as it bursts into nothing but pixels. though i can't say it was all my ideas i did manage to meet some fairly high leveled people when i was still knew who gave me pointers and helped me develop my build to the point where i can hit like a truck when it hit, and still be tanky when it is needed. I say towards him with a grin across my face as i glance around knowing that their should be one more out their somewhere as i glance along the tops of the trees waiting for the last one to show his..its? face. Those hits were nothing Sey. I have faced a floor twenty one advanced dungeon boss, and faced swarms of groups of four of mobs set to my level. Now those were taking risks and gambling with my life. I say towards him as i think of the swarm of loot mobs i had fought for loot, and than the dungeon boss that had been rather lucky with her hits.

"That must have been a fun day for your health bar, but I'm glad you came out of that in one piece instead of a pile of data pieces." Sey explained as he looked as the wraps around his fists. They were normal, just his accessory, just like his armor. Unique things were difficult to obtain, but that's what made them unique. Maybe he would perform better if he had things like that, but only time could tell. For now, he did have to look around. "I deal damage, but I like to think I have a bit of hope for survival under the guise of a DPS role. My mitigation and my battle healing does me wonders, but I am always looking for a chance to increase the ranks of my skills to perform my best. Haven't had any insane experiences like yours though to be honest with you." Sey explained as he tilted his head to the side, scanning the scene to see if he could find any more monsters of interest along with Hestia. He didn't remember what the rest were like.

I would just chuckle at the comment and nod my head at that rather short and to the point description of what it was like. It was a rather sad day for my health bar to the point where i even gambled a few hits to see if i could just end the fight a lot earlier. Though in the end i think it will pay off for the better in all honesty. It's just a matter of letting myself see where things go. Also, don't try to compare experiences to mine i am entirely too overleveled for this game to the point where i don't think there will be much danger for me unless i let myself get into danger by fighting loot mobs, or doing advanced dungeons. I say towards him in a entirely honest tone of voice as i look towards the source of a sound as i see a monkey as i than slam the pommel of my blade against my own shield as the simian yells in anger at the loud sound. Coming down towards me i once more just slam my shield into his face as the spikes on the surface of the shield puncture the monkey but not kill it.

#113875 MD:5+1=6 45 damage to hest 54 thorns to monkey

[5] Hestia: HP: 1745/1790  Energy: 164/170 DMG:17   MIT:151  Thorns: 54  Eva: -1  BH: 80 Heavy Momentum: 2 (+6DMG) Rec: CD:6+ (+6 ENG)    Stonewall: 25% DoT reduction
[0]Sey: ?/?

Eliete Flying Monkey: 166/220 90DMG(45 minimum) 35 MIT