[PP-F22] <<Kings of Lakes>> True Royals

"The king of the lake you said?" Sey would ask with his hands behind the back of his head with a smile on his lips. Hestia was leading the charge towards their next enemy and he already had a level up thanks to the wonderful quest they just handled previously. A set of eyes to look down onto the other player in front of him, her level was soaring through the roof in front of him, and now he was going to find a way to do the same. As for the equipment, what better way to get it than to keep fighting into the game until he got lucky? Patience had to play some sort of role in his life. "I assume he wasn't that kingly after you defeated him last time? What sort of setting am I supposed to expect with this sort of boss fight? The lakes implies a body of water I am assuming."

@Hestia

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I nod my head towards the question with a smile on my face as i make my way through the forest with my eyes quickly activating the search skill to try and find the small little reptile that is meant to serve as bait for the king himself. Yep the king of the lake a big ol' fat four legged ugly thing that reminds me of a rejected mutant goldfish. I say jokingly towards Sey with a smile across my face as i just keep my eyes open for the target in question being rather passive in my search for the small critter since i would rather much take my time to enjoy this quest this time around compared to last. By the way we're looking for a small little salamander and once it spots us and we spot it. The creature will just start running as fast as his very small but fast legs will carry him. I warn sey as i remember how fast the thing was and how it required a snake, a very natural predator, to actually catch the thing and bring it over towards what was myself and shield. Because it has legs though doesn't mean we'll need to learn how to fight on water it'll come to us once we fish him up. I say with a grin across my face as i gesture in the direction of where i vaguely think the lake is from our position.

Okay, so they were going to have a fair fight on land. A fish with legs that can charge at a fast rate required him to use his evasive style of equipment. Easy stuff, considering he didn't really get that much of a choice in the matter, but he would like to pretend that he did. So he would nod his head as he then took her words into his ears. "Decent, but that also requires me to be on my toes. I'll try to handle it, but I don't think it will be so easy if it's a giant fish that can take a lot of damage as well as swiftly charge." Sey warned with the tilt of his head. If there was any advice on how to fight it, he was missing it. For he was going to do what he typically did, aim a quick punch and hope for the best. It was a sound strategy, and it never really did let him down before. But perhaps this was something different.

Edited by Sey

I blink a bit as i try to understand where he got the idea that the king was fast as i think back to what i said and than chuckles a bit and shakes my head no a few times as i look towards Sey once more. No, no, no. The salamander we're using as bait is swift. The king himself is fast enough to the point where he might hit me a few times better than the witch did, but in the end the creature is more so just tossing its weight around and just hoping for the best i think. I say towards Sey as we arrive at the location for finding the salamander at the base of a mountain within the floor as my eyes quickly begin to search for signs of the small creature whose most likely trying to blend in. I can only imagine that is the case from the fact it is red and could be trying to blend in with the browns and dusty ground to hide from the sight of predators like them. However, it's ability to hide is rather quickly fooled as i go to try and grab it only for the creature to suddenly start shooting off at incredible speeds. There it is! Lets get that bait! i say towards Sey as i point at the small but swift Salamander.

#113927 LD:16+8=24

"Oooooo, even better then! Can't wait to take it on~." Well well well, a fighter that preferred to be fight wildly rather than taking any time for thought. Unfortunate for it to have to step to them. And upon their search, Hestia would end up locating their target. Ohhhhh, so they were going to use this for bait before taking it over towards the lake in order to fish for the king. Now this was something of great interest without a shadow of a doubt, Sey couldn't wait to catch it. And it was as if her words were magic, he immediately would take the lead towards the slippery salamander. Though it was fast, it was unable to outrun Sey. Not even close, for he felt a sudden burst of energy as his feet took to the ground like a lightning bolt. At the end of the ventures, he would place his boot against the salamander and press hard to make sure that it was trapped. "I got it, Hestia! Come over, we can use this one!"

ID# 113928 results:

Craft: 10

Edited by Sey

I let out a low whistle at how cleanly that was done as i walk over towards Sey with a grin on my face and a nod of my head as i than start to make my way towards the lake of reflection where the king awaited us to fight him. Than lets get going Sey, and by the way nice reaction time. Makes me think you must've been a rather good hunter back in the real world. That or you're just naturally fast or a natural hunter. I say jokingly towards the white haired man as i walk beside him while still wearing armor, and shield, but having the golden cloak over the armor. So Sey what do you expect the frontlines to look like out of curiosity? i ask him with a partial side glance wondering if he has his own opinions about what to expect even after a small leave of absence, or if he had heard anything from possible word getting out. 'Ennakai did tell me that she would allow that information to spread the only question now is how far, and who has heard it yet.' I wonder to myself as i gaze into the blue eyes of Sey.

"Aw yeah, totally. I was totally a hunter back in the real world. You could never believe it because of my frame, but I wrestled bears on the weekend. Despite that, you would totally best me in a street fight." He replied back with a small jest, followed hy a chuckle as he bent over to pick up the salamander that was going to be sacrificed. It was not going to be moving anytime soon, and that was the last fatal mistake it could ever make. A smile was placed on his face as he then would look over to the side to Hestia, right as she asked her question. He shrugged in return. "Hm... I really don't think much of them thanks to the drama in the frontlines. I imagine a bunch of confused high-level players fighting for the last hit drop. If I am wrong, I would love to be enlightened." And was it unfair for him to think that? Considering what they all do and how it affects his life, he had serious doubts about that one.

A soft sigh escapes my lips as i remember things i've done, and what i have seen other people do in terms of the last hit items they had on their persons as i look towards Sey and just nod my head towards him. yeah sadly that is what i would describe the current group of people as. There are obviously good apples among the group never think that we don't have a few shining good examples of people that only care for getting out of the game. Though there will always be the few who let their greed cloud their judgement and just focus on the last hit for whatever reason they could think to do so. I say towards Sey as i don't say much else beyond that regarding such a subject knowing that if i did i would most likely end up saying a few things and possible even name drop some people that don't deserve to have such a descriptor attached to them. Though i still think even than all it takes is a few shining examples to set the rest straight. We'll only truly be a force to be reckoned with once the silly notion of last hit drop focus is just gone.

"I think every last bit of DPS is welcome as long as they don't screw the rest of us over. If they don't, then they can have the last hit reward. But if they begin to hinder us because of their greed, then I'll have quite a problem." Sey explained as he would listen, a few shining examples helping her out. How lovely, he might become one of those once he became one of the group. It would be easy for him to say that he was a little bit out of the loop compared to the rest of the players, but that was something bound to change. As the current level of the game was not too shaky, there was surely a place for him, right? Regardless, this was the time to be training, focusing on that sort of garbage was not the aim. "Though I will be honest with you, the last hit reward could certainly help. I don't really have the build for grinding out unidentified items and I lack uniques as well. So that puts me in quite the position I'm afraid."

i look toward Sey as he says that as i than just shrug my shoulders ever so slightly at that. Well if you wanted a good grinding weapon you could do what Calrex did and use both axe and martial arts in the way you fight so that you can be useful in AoE and singular striking when the time is right. I offer towards the white haired man as advice remembering what the Azure knight usually did during fights, and thus offered that as a solution. 'I mean it works rather well be it group or singular Calrex has been able to get the job done easily.' I think to myself as i walk alongside Sey at a rather relaxed pace as i than smile and takes out an item and activates one of its charges as i just nod my head after that. I feel my vision seemingly zoom for a few moments if i focus to hard as i close my eyes at the rather intense feeling of vertigo as i try to get use to this.  Okay now i can try to find dungeons easier again. I say softly to myself as i focus on the idea of getting a dungeon since it would be helpful to get a few players up to speed if need be if they are behind in levels. Oh! For grinding items i can go with you Sey! Using an AoE attack and just out lasting my mobs have been a method of doing so if not almost lethal at points but it has worked amazingly.

Spyglass charge used. 1 left

"That is actually a great idea! Though that does leave me in an unfortunate position because... Well... I have to use a skill slot and find the points in order to get the second usage of the weapon. But thanks for the advise, I'll see if I can even get that many in the first place. I want to get my armor skill maxed out and modify it a slight bit in order to keep myself safe." Sey explained as he would flick his finger to summon the HUD screen to show his equipment and stats alongside the skills he took the most interest in. With this sort of responsibility, the snow haired player would then look over to her to see that she took a sudden interest in something else. A mutter before a suggestion she offered him. "Well I definitely need to invest into my armor now! Though wouldn't you like a split since there could possibly be uniques involved in this scenario?" Sey couldn't help but ask, even if it meant sacrificing his profits a bit.

I think to say something to try and test if i can get something more out of this as i mentally go through what would come up based on my experience within the whole business of grinding thread mobs as a smile forms across my lips as i realize exactly what i could do for this. trinkets. I would want any unique trinkets we can get lucky to get. Along with this i would want the mats since i... i kinda owe Neo who WAS Aincrad's only cook at the time some mats since i needed to buy a trinket off of Macradon since the trinket in question increases my healing power of First Aid even if only slightly. I say as i take out from my inventory a small snow globe with little inscriptions along the metallic bottom as i show it towards Sey with a smile on my face. If i were to wear this instead of my golden cloak and you were hurt i could heal you for like a fourth of your health instead of a fifth. It is a pretty marvelous small thing. I say with a grin across my face before i turn my head away as i put the snow globe back away as well. You can keep all the col if you want alongside any weapons or armor you get from the grinding session.

"Wait, there are no armor or weapon enhancements that can assist you with your healing? If you only want the trinkets, feel free! I'll take the unique scraps of whatever else we obtain and hope to make a build around it." Sey explained, full well approving the plan if this was what she meant. There was a higher statistic of him obtaining things, yes. But she was specifically getting what she wanted while he was flailing for whatever he could. It had to be better than the typical mitigation evasion accuracy build that he was rocking as of currently. And if they could wipe out mobs in masses, then that was just a bonus for them. "All right then, but are you sure you have no interest for col at least? It would be rather unfair for me to take all three of those things while you take one. But if you are content, then I think we have ourselves a plan to go on a unique hunt. Though the merchant we ask will be an interesting question to ask ourselves."

I pause at the question figuring that Sey is just trying to be polite as i just shrug my shoulders ever so slightly at the question. I honestly don't know what kind of things increase healing power, or defensive ones when it comes to unique. The only one that i know are that their is some kind of armor unique that is able to make it so that whatever you are wearing increases some burn damage like thorns and is able to protect you better. Armor like that so i can eventually beat shield in tanking is what i want to get, but i honestly would prefer to help you out more than anything else since you're still getting your baring straight after being out of the loop. I say towards Sey with a smile on my face as we are making our way through the forest of memories as i do my best to just ignore the faint shades and outlines of people that the game is trying to pull from my memory and force me to observe. Not needing to possibly have an outbreak, or worse a breakdown due to seeing some figments of my imagination running about that were caused by this games want to try and scare some players.

Well it seems like Hestia had nothing more to add to the deal than that, meaning that he was keeping the col, weapons, and armor. It will be interesting to see what they obtain from this, but he had hopes that Hestia obtained that enhanced healing ability that she had. "In that case, I'll take it. You'll be the first one to know if I do manage to obtain something that is unique. I'll try to make my build around whatever uniques I manage to get unless they just completely fall apart from one another. But then that's when deals and stuff can come through. Thanks though, this would definitely help me improve." Sey placed his hands in his pockets as they ventured before he then had another thought. "Well, now that I think about it, I could just pay the price and refund any col if I want to get a new skill to replace an old one, that is correct, right?" He asked, looking back to the whole Axe and Martial Arts business.

I chuckle a bit at hearing that as i can only imagine the worst collection of unique clumped onto one individual and making the silliest looking conflict of things possible as i look towards Sey with a noticeable smile across my face as i watch as the forest slowly starts to dwindle and thin out as we get closer towards the edge of it. Well hopefully what we get from this expedition towards loot will be good, but if you're wondering about a merchant than their is definitely not a reason to worry about that. I know one that lives on floor seventeenth a real sweet girl. Her name is Kairi and she use to be apart of the guild i was in before i just decided to leave because it just felt way to distant you know? like we were like a family i would never doubt that during the times we were together, but those moments were far and few in between really. I say towards the white haired man as i wonder if he felt the same way about the Ascendants before they were forced apart from one another as i than glance towards the side at an idea. Also, lets say i made you an offer to form a guild. What would your response be? Hypothetically speaking of course. I say towards Sey being about as believable when saying hypothetical as a child is when trying to lie. Once more focusing on the surrounding area for any signs of a entrance of exit towards a underground facility i find myself  coming up empty as i just nod and accept that is life and move on towards the quest destination. Oh yeah also you can do that whole refund skill stuff just a bit costly. well costly for my blood. i say with a chuckle as i am reminded how i have made myself rather poor.

#113934 LD:8+3=11+5=16 (nothing)

Her smile was something to remember since it was genuine whenever it was shown, and it felt too damn contagious. Stop that. Regardless, Sey would then listen to her explain all about the merchant she had in mind, one that went by the name "Kairi". No one that he has heard before in particular, but she was sweet and was a merchant. Two things that Sey would love to deal with, so that was what he was going to do. "I can relate to you on that front. You remember my guild, surely. They were welcoming, but it became easy to drift away when there are too many people with their own goals. Unfortunately, not my type of people to be blunt with you." Hey, it was a hard truth that he accepted well by now. If the others couldn't take it, that was tough. Sey refused to be fake with himself. But then the sudden "hypothetical" with a not-so-convincing tone would allow him a smile that wished to play along. "Form a guild, hm? Hypothetically speaking, I would love to work with someone whose profit margins multiply with her existence. Mix that with a caring and charismatic personality and I think I might be sold on such an idea. As for what we would do with it, that's where I have zero ideas."

I nod my head towards Sey at the ending bit that always snagged me when i wanted to do a project that i know has a good heart towards it. 'What do i do with it once i have it?' I think to myself as i look towards the lake of reflection as it is so rightfully named as the sun that hits the lake acts like as it had hit a mirror almost. The lake still sparkles and shines like any ocean water during a cloudless day, but the sun seemingly just bounces off the water and out towards the world from the lake. I look towards Sey and just nod my head as i gesture for him to follow as i make my way towards a small little hut where an NPC resides as i just give him a small smile and a wave. Evening sir. We're going to be taking on the king of the lake would you mind giving us that fishing pole you gave me last time? I ask the fisherman NPC who hands me a rather sturdy fishing rod as i just nod my head politely towards him. Thank you sir and make sure to keep your distance for safety. I say out of habit and respectfulness. Unable to help myself as i than look towards Sey and hands him the fishing pole. You caught the salamander you can have a go at catching this thing first. I say with a grin on my face.

She didn't reply to his reply, but it seems like their little scenario rested on that one bit of information they have yet to figure out. Sey knew how to run a company, but he had a feeling that a guild would not be the same thing as that. Could he make the people in it profitable? Perhaps. But he wasn't sure of anything, and he wanted to at least be able to help people in the guild with his strength, and his level was a huge limiter to that fantasy. So he needed to take a different approach to this. Regardless, Hestia managed to talk their way to fishing before handing him the pole! "Wish me the best of luck then!" Sey would reply back to her before taking the pole for himself. He threw the line into the water before passively waiting on the side. Though the waters tested the pole, nothing was really biting quite yet. Seems like it was not their time. "Well, this is just the start." Sey explained as he let go of the line for now. When the fish bites, they could both jump onto the pole yet again. "A fishing guild. Heh... Could you imagine?"

ID# 113958 results:

Loot: 12 + 2 = 14 [Oof]

Edited by Sey

I chuckle a bit at the idea of a fishing guild as i than pause as something comes to mind. That could've been a thing at one point. I remember vaguely that their use to be a profession called fisherman so a fishing guild could've been a thing at one point for all we know. I say towards Sey with a grin across my face as i rest along the edge of the water of the lake of reflection and wait for the pole to snag on something so that it could be reeled in and for the duo of players to than try and profit from their kill. I glance towards the water as each little bit of it glimmers and shines. Your question. I honestly wouldn't know what to do with a guild as its leader. I know that i want to be one, but knowing what to do with it when you have it is something that is a bit more difficult. It's like you know where all the pieces are and you know that you could get the final product. Though once you have the full puzzle together what are you to do with it? I say towards Sey to try and explain my thoughts to him since he has always been rather helpful in that regard. Though it seems fate had other plans as the pole bends as i just sigh and get up onto my feet and grips the pole and reels back with all my might, and after a good bit of a tug of war i pull the giant fat fish onto the land with a bit of heavy breathing. That thing...needs...a low..fish diet. I say jokingly even if tiredly.

#113959 LD:18+8=26 king of lakes fished up