[PP-04] <<Avalanche>>

Kirbs stared at her map with a blank look. She had just taken up the Avalanche quest. Damn, she was way too over-leveled for it, too. Ugh, she really needed to pay these lower-leveled quests more in mind. They still gave some pretty good EXP. As for the current time, though... she really couldn't care less about the quest. Bell was still missing. The redhead let out a small sigh as she thought about their last encounter... it wasn't a happy one. Then he goes completely MIA on her! Was he pulling a Hynes or something? Did he just unfriend her and go on with his life? Or worse- no! She slapped her cheeks and grimaced. She couldn't be thinking about things like that right now!

She was here to do a quest, and boy, was she going to complete it! Kirbs fished her spear out of her inventory and whistled sweetly. It was going to be fun impaling something again. It has been getting a bit bland lately, anyway.

@Bahr

Spoiler

LVL: 16 | HP: 320 | EN: 32 | 8 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 PAR | 1 Bleed | 2 REC

Skills:

> T1 Light Armor Skill: 5 MIT

> T2 Fighter Familiar Skill: 2 DMG

> Survival Skill: Increases out of combat health regeneration to [15xTier] per post. Grants immunity to most damage dealing with environmental attacks/effects

> R3 2H Assault Spear Skill: 6 DMG

Equipped:

> T1- Aftershock: 1 Bleed, 2 PAR

> T1- Coat of Eulogies: 2 Recovery, 9 MIT

> T1- Turning Medallion: 2 ACC, 1 EVA

Inventory:

> 5 Starter Healing Potions: Heals 50 HP

Spoiler
  • LEVEL: 12
  • HP: 240 / ENERGY: 24
  • EVA: 1 / MIT: 14 / ACC: 3 / DMG: 6
  •  
  • SKILLS
  • COMBAT
    » DISGUISE [EXTRA SKILL]

FREE ACTION
          COOLDOWN: 3 TURNS
               +1 EVA UNTIL START OF YOUR NEXT TURN

WEAPON SKILLS
    » TWO-HANDED WEAPONS R2
          +4 DMG WHEN TWO-HANDED WEAPON IS EQUIPPED

ARMOR SKILLS
    » LIGHT ARMOR R1

+5 MIT WHEN LIGHT ARMOR IS EQUIPPED

SWORD ARTS
    » [X2 AOE] BLAST

2 ENERGY +2 PER EXTRA TARGET HIT CONSUMED ON USE
    »
     [X2] STRAIGHT

2 ENERGY CONSUMED ON USE
    »
     [X3] SCOOPED

3 ENERGY CONSUMED ON USE
    »
     [X4 STUN] LIGHTNING

7 ENERGY CONSUMED ON USE
    »
     [X4] CYCLONE

4 ENERGY CONSUMED ON USE

INVENTORY
TRINKETS
» 
[EQUIPPED] AEOLUS WIND CHARM (RARE)
      KEEN
           +1 BD AFTER SUCCESSFUL ATTACK UNTIL NEXT SUCCESSFUL ATTACK
      +1 ACC

ARMOR
» [EQUIPPED] CRIMSON CLOAK (RARE)
      +9 MIT
      +1 EVA

WEAPONS
» [EQUIPPED] "MINOR OCULUS" - TWO-HANDED STRAIGHT SWORD (RARE)
     ➥ +1 DMG
     ➥
 BLEED

FAMILIAR
» [EQUIPPED] SWINE BAJESUS R2
     ➥ +2 ACC

BATTLE READY ITEMS
» T1 POTION OF UNCOMMON QUALITY (5)
     ➥ HEALS 40 HP

"What are you doing all the way out here, weirdo?" Bahr's deep voice bellowed through the area, cutting the silence like a hot knife through caramelized molasses as he approached the young lady with a grin on his face. "You going after the ice jerkwad too?"

It was unlikely she would be around a place like this for any other reason. After all, who willingly comes to a frozen wasteland for no reason? Certainly not Bahr. He sneezed and shivered, mentally cursing himself for not having brought warmer equipment. "Well, I'm headed there myself. Maybe we should team up for this one?" As he smiled again, a thick snot droplet descended gracefully from his nasal cavity, and Bahr forcefully inhaled through his nose to schlorp it back up. "Seriously, I'm gonna die out here. Let's get a move on." Without waiting for her reply, Bahr opened his map panel again and started toward the supposed location of the Floor Boss, doing his best to stop shaking but to no avail.

Edited by Bahr

Kirbs reeled around to meet another familiar face. "I've been seeing you a lot lately," she commented, chuckling. She sighed and looked beyond the snow, a small frown forming on her face. She hasn't been to this floor since she met Sey and Leru, and holy-- that was a long time ago. Thank God Sey helped her get that damn Survival skill. She was be complaining just as much as Bahr if she didn't have it, if not more. Sure it was cold, but it definitely wasn't as cold as it used to be. 

"Sure, I'm down with that," she grinned, equipping her spear. She turned to him and set down some ground rules before that got anywhere nearer that thing. "Let me take the hate for this thing, You probably have some defense in your armor but this thing could still do some big damage to cha. So you attack first and then I'll do a follow up, okay? Okay!" She finished, already starting to walk off into the frozen tundra.

As Bahr looked at her armor, then back to his own, he didn't see any discernible difference between the two. As he squinted at her armor once more, he realized it probably looked like he was checking her out, so he averted his eyes as light red hues flushed into his cheeks.

Seemingly out of nowhere, a whirlwind of snow and ice surrounded the duo. Bahr was forced to brace his arm against his face to block any of the debris from entering his eyes. Slowly but surely, this cyclone of midwestern-esque weather culminated in the shape of a titan composed purely of ice. Very Andre the Giant in stature, it loomed over the pair in a domineering fashion, its crimson eyes looking back and forth between the two as though trying to choose which to tear apart and eat first.

"Woah. Check him out," Bahr said as he looked back to his small companion, "See, this is what happens when you actually eat your vegetables." Without further adieu, Bahr stepped forward to address their lumbering opponent, releasing the clasp on his lower back that sheathed his sword and brandishing the weapon confidently. 'What do you think, Kirbs? Three, maybe four hits before we take it down?" He charged up his Sword Skill and leaped into the air, twirling while holding out his sword and carving into the beast before him like a Beyblade against hard plastic.

Spoiler

Encounter: <Avalanche>
HP: 100
DMG: 40

Spoiler

Bahr
HP: 240/240 | EN: 24-4=20
DMG: 6 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 14

Bahr used [x4] Cyclone, -4 EN

Avalanche: HP: 100-24=76/100 | DMG: 40 | ID: 119339 | BD: 6+3=9 , Hit for 6x4=24 DMG | +1 Hate

Edited by Bahr

The redhead rolled her eyes when he looked away with a pink face. What was his problem? Was it so cold that his pinks were turning red? Oh boy, she hated when that happened. Her face practically got to the same color as her bloody hair!

As the wind whirled around them, Kirbs couldn't help but have a smile form on her face. Kirbs giggled as she watched the giant frost golem emerge. It's stats were pretty weak considering how big it was, to be honest, so this wasn't going to be hard at all!

"Yeah, he's pretty tall," Kirbs commented back as she looked up at the creature. The girl gave him a sideways glance and pouted. "Are you implying that I'm short, mister?" Darn, it wasn't her fault that she was average height! Kirbs rested the butt of her spear against the ground as she held the shaft with her dominant hand. "Yeah, just about. Let's see how much damage you do, Bahr!" The girl teased, watching him leap into the air, landing a solid hit on the ice giant. It knocked down it's health by a solid chunk-- almost down three fourths, even! 

As she charged up her sword art, she felt a reassuring squeeze from her familiar who was already wrapped around her arm. Awe, he does care!

"Alright! Now it's my turn!" She sang, dashing off. Using her gained strength in her arm and with the bottom of her spear, she launched herself into the air, just about the same height as the Avalanche itself. The hyperactive girl let out a shrill laugh as she slashed at the creature, landing slash and kick after slash and kick. The Avalanche swung its hand at her, which she dodged easily, although only missing by a tiny hair-- and thank God that this thing had giant shoulders because she would've fell to the ground if she hadn't landed on it. 

Ah, but it was time to conclude this show, sadly! Kirbs let out one last fit of giggles before launching herself off of the shoulders of the ice elemental. While in midair, she thrust her spear into the large chest area of the creature and using the last of her remaining time on the sword art, she kicked herself off of the chest of the creature, landing soundlessly next to Bahr with a grin. 

Spoiler

ID: 119340

BD: 4+2= 6, Success

MD: 2-1=1, Miss

<<Dancing Spear>> 8x6= 48 DMG

Kirbs: 1 | HP: 320 | EN: 27/32

Bahr: 0 | HP: 240/240 | EN: 20

Avalanche: HP: 28/100 | DMG: 40 

Bahr watched as Kirbs utterly toyed with the creature, unleashing a powerful Sword Art with perfect execution and effortlessly dodging the lumbering giant's attacks with ease. He tried to hide it, but he was pretty embarrassed with how his attack had turned out, now. She had dealt literally double the damage! He felt the corners of his lips tug downward into a frown, but quickly shook his head and rid himself of the thoughts. It wasn't a problem that she was stronger, and he had to accept it instead of feeling inferior about it. 

"Nice hit, Kirbs. Stylish, too!" he exclaimed as he held his hand up in the air, high-fiving her enthusiastically. "Guess it's my turn again, eh?"

He looked up at the beast as it let loose an ear-splitting cry, closing one eye and squinting with the other as a blast of cold wind flew from its hideous maw. With their opponent monologuing at them in its own retched way, Bahr took advantage of the opportunity and rocketed forth, appearing in front of the creature in a flash. He smacked its jaw with the giant slab of metal in his hands, then twice, then thrice, then whatever comes after thrice! The creature recoiled back and shrieked in agony as the final attack connected, a lightning bolt erupting from the murky clouds above and striking the creature in unison. And then it sorta just... sat there. Bahr poked it a few times, then kicked it in the shin with his shoe.

"Huh. I think I broke it. You wanna finish it off, Kirbs?"

Spoiler

Bahr
HP: 240/240 | EN: 20+1-7=14

Bahr used [x4 Stun] Lightning, -7 EN

Avalanche: HP: 28-24=4/100 | DMG: 40 | ID: 119343 | BD: 2+3+1=6, Hit for 6x4=24 DMG, Keen expires | STUN INFLICTED | Hate: 1+1=2

Edited by Bahr

The girl clapped her hands together happily as she watched him lower the creature's health all the way to almost nothingness. "Pretty stylish yourself," she replied, laughing. "Yeah, I can do it." She bounded over to the almost defeated elemental and sighed. Honestly, she felt kind of bad. It looked so defeated and it kind of broke her heart seeing it like that. 

She patted it's lower leg with a small smile as she took out her spear. "Sorry, old bud. You'll be back for the next people who do this quest soon," she said reassuringly before retreating her hand away from it. Gripping her spear in both hands, she did a simple basic attack. Sparks flew from her spear as it scraped against the hard ice of the creature, finally sending it off to its end. The golem let out an earsplitting screech before it dispersed into dozens of red shards. 

She turned back to Bahr with a grin. "Awe, I felt kind of bad for that guy, but we got the quest, done, yay!" Just as she finished, the quest rewards popped up in front of her. "Only a potion for all that trouble, yeesh, come up with some better rewards," she muttered as she scanned through the rewards briefly before closing the tab. "Well, it's still pretty early in the day. What do you want to do?"

Spoiler

ID: 119344

BD: 8, Success

4-8= 0 HP

Kirbs: 1 | HP: 320 | EN: 27/32

Bahr: 0 | HP: 240/240 | EN: 14

Avalanche: HP: 0/100 | DMG: 40  DED

Bahr's eyes glimmered in unison with the cloud of blue pixels the ice golem had combusted into. A cursory glance at both of their health bars revealed that neither of them had even taken so much as a single point of damage! It was honestly astonishing, how quickly they had managed to dispatch it. Though, Bahr supposed he owed that to Kirbs in the end. He dismissed the loot panel that appeared before him and turned to address her.

"I, uhh, hadn't really thought that far ahead. I thought I'd end up fighting that guy for a little while longer. Not that I'm complaining, of course," he said as he looked around, not spotting anything interesting in the tundra they were still standing in for some reason. "Whatever we do, can we do it somewhere with more tolerable weather? I'm dying up here." Another shiver ran down his spine and his teeth chattered momentarily before he regained control, mentally cursing at himself for allowing his weakness to the cold to shine through. He was from the midwest, after all! In real life, the bite of the stale winter air penetrated even the thickest of wools! It was disgusting how weak he had become when it came to cold weather, but perhaps that was the fault of the game's engine.

Spoiler

ID: 119393
LD: 11

Material gathering failed.

Edited by Bahr

Kirbs gave a small laugh and nodded her head. "Sure, we can head back to Snowfrost if you want? I know a few nice shops and cafes there to get you warmed up!" She chimed, already starting the path back to the town. The cold didn't bother her much at all. Sure, it stung when it hit her face sometimes, but that was really it. To her, it seemed like a little chill! 

"So," she started as she leaped over a small pile of snow, "how is life in Aincrad for you? You seem like you're doing well, so good things, I hope?" She asked, smiling to herself. At least, she hoped that he was doing well. He seems to be up and running and seems to be doing just fine on his own so far! He seems pretty independent too, so that's always a good trait! "Are you thinking about joining any guilds? Or are you going to be a solo player like yours truly?"

"Well, my time in Aincrad has been... interesting to say the least. I feel like I'm way behind everybody," he admitted, a slightly pink tint flooding his cheeks. "Kinda sucks being the wimp everywhere I go." They continued along in silence for a few more minutes before he piped up again. "Oh yeah, I did join a guild though... kinda. I sorta just saw it on a board and sorta just discretely joined. I haven't actually interacted with anybody in it, I'm just using it for the buffs."

"What about you? You've got your artisan shop, right? Maybe you should join it, too!" 
he exclaimed just before his boot got caught in the snow and sent him tumbling forward down the mountain, face over foot. As he continued to roll down the hill, snow accumulated on his clothes and began to pack into somewhat of a snowball. As the snowball began larger and larger and took on more mass, he continued to accelerate down the hill,  face planting against virtually every object on the way down.

"FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE H-" His face smacked against a rock. "HELP ME!"

She nodded, “yeah, haha good! Meet new people and stuff.” Damn, now her life just got a whole hell lot more sadder. It seems like she was the only one not in a guild these days. She was completely fine with that, though. She was an independent young woman, after all! 

The girl sweat dropped and held her hands up defense. “No, no. I don’t do well with groups of people,” she said sheepishly— just before he started tumbling down the snowy hill like a snowball.

”Oh, my God,” She covered her mouth as she snickered for a few seconds. What? She was taking the advantage of something she’ll probably never see again! Plus, perfect blackmail material! After a few more seconds and silently watching him roll down the hill, she sighed and laughed to herself before she dashed down the hill after him. But what could she really do to help?  

You can only tolerate tumbling down the mountain in the form of a gigantic snowball for so long before you begin to resign yourself to your fate. Bahr wasn't even trying to move or scream anymore, he simply laid there blankly as his face smashed against every object within arm's length. It appeared that Kirbs had abandoned him. All hope was lost. He would just continue to tumble down the mountain until he burst into a cloud of triangular blue pixels, just as the ice golem they had fought before had. He watched as his HP slowly whittled away with each object he collided against.

Suddenly, he was airborne. Not really that he could see it at this point, he just knew it was the case. He could feel the vertigo. He must have launched off of a ramp or something. After a few moments, there was a deafening crash. Bahr realized that the momentum and spinning had stopped and he could now wiggles his limbs. He slowly emerged from the giant snowball, shaking the snow off of him and shivering. It seemed the thing had smacked against a tree and broken apart, finally allowing him to get loose. A quick glance at his health bar revealed that the escapade had almost left in in the yellow.

Kirbs skid to a halt and nearly fell on her face, too. She let in a sharp breath as she looked at Bahr's healthbar from the corner of her eye. "Wow, you took quite the tumble there," she giggled, patting him on the back jokingly. "I don't think I've ever seen someone sustain so much damage like that..." she chimed, grinning. "I don't think I've ever seen anyone become a living snowball either-- but that's besides the point. Are okay? You certainly looked... bland while you were tumbling down here," she stifled another giggle as she searched his face for some kind of answer.

Well, that certainly was interesting. She wasn't sure if they were lost, either. Good thing that Kayaba was completely stupid! She opened her menu and her fingers dashed across the menu before her map opened up. "We should get going before we get ambushed by some mob or something."

"Yeah... About that..." Bahr's face seemed to adopt a mask of annoyance as he pointed behind her. Lumbering toward the pair was a gigantic, towering... pine cone!? Seriously, it was just a big pine cone with eyes! Who programs stuff like that!? "I'll take the lead," Bahr shouted as he ran past Kirbs, seemingly having already forgotten that his health was currently low. His sword began to glow with Sword Art power as a hum progressing in pitch to a whistle range through the air. Using the same technique from before, Bahr leapt into the air and spun ferociously, carving into the creature four times using the momentum he had built from the spin. With the fourth hit, a shockwave rippled through the area, unsettling the snow that had accumulated on the surrounding pine trees and sending it all plummeting to the ground. The oversized pine cone flew back from the attack, smacking into a nearby tree and causing it to splinter and fall over along with the monster that had hit it. 

"Oh-ho-ho man! That felt good. Alright Kirbs, your go."

Spoiler

Encounter: Suspicious Pine Cone

HP: 160

DMG: 48

Spoiler

Bahr
HP: 155/240 | EN: 17+1-4=14

Suspicious Pine Cone: HP: 160-32=128/160 | DMG: 48 | ID: 119446 | BD: 10+3=13, Crit for 8×4=32 DMG, Keen activates | MD: 1, Miss | BLEED INFLICTED | +1 Hate

Edited by Bahr

Kirbs let out a shrill shriek as a giant pine cone appeared from behind her. "Get back, you prickly monster!" She screeched, drawing her spear. 

She let out a battle cry as she charged towards the living pine cone. Never in her seventeen years of life would she have thought that she would have come face to face with a living, breathing, giant, pine cone. She delivered the same kicks and slashes that she had previously applied to the Avalanche but this time... she felt a lot more stupid doing it. I mean, come on! It was a bloody, giant, angry pine cone. After depleting its health by a large sum, she dashed back and hid behind Bahr. "G-get that thing away from me!" She whispered loudly, covering her eyes. "It's so creepy looking! Why would Kayaba make such a thing?!" She cried dramatically, sobbing internally as she shielded herself with her party-mate.

ID: 119447

BD: 6+2=8

8x6= 48

Suspicious Pine Cone: HP: 80/160 | DMG: 48 | 

Bahr's expression very quickly adopted a humored expression as the small woman hid behind him, leaning forward and gripping his weapon tightly. "C'mon, man. Don't tell me this pine cone is freaking you out. It's harmless!" He dashed forward, his sword illuminating with power and emitting its signature hum. He dove in against the pine cone, who was still reeling from the attacks it had just suffered, and cut into the beast four times in rapid succession. The marks that the attacks left behind combined into the shape of a lightning bolt, and as the fourth attack connected a bolt of lightning descended from the heavens and struck the creature, its raw electric power surging through it before dissipating rapidly. Just as with Avalanche, this rendered the target unable to move.

"See? Nothing to worry about," he mused as he turned around, regarding his partner in crime. "Still can't believe we've fought a giant ice golem today and this is what gives you the heebie jeebies. Would you care to do the honors?" he inquired coyly as the gestured toward the paralyzed pine cone, whose health bar had dipped to a startlingly low amount.

Spoiler

Bahr
HP: 155/240 | EN: 14+1-7=8

Bahr used [x4 Stun] Lightning, -7 EN

Suspicious Pine Cone: HP: 80-32-12=36/160 | DMG: 48 | ID: 119482 | BD: 10+4=14, Crit for 8×4=32 DMG, Keen expires | MD: 7-1=6, Stun-locked | BLEED REFRESHED | STUN INFLICTED | 1+1=2 Hate

Edited by Bahr

Kirbs let out a small hiss at the other player. “Giant ice giants? I can get. Giant tiger on fire? I can get. But I can imagine a bloody frekin’ giant pine cone? Okay?!” She looked up at im and frowned. 

“I’m not going to be able to kill it,” she declared, getting ready to attack it anyway. She had this gut feeling. And it wasn’t a good one. She ran towards the pine cone with a valiant war cry before turning around completely. She ran back to Bahr with a sheepish grin. “Yeah. I’m definitely not doing that.” She looked at its HP bar and shrugged. “I’m pretty sure you are going to be able to kill it if you actually hit, though. So... good luck!” She gave him a thumbs up as she scrambled behind him again. She was a girl with few fears, but a giant pine cone just made it on to her very, very small list.

ID: 119485

BD: 2, Fail

Bahr cast a disappointed frown toward his partner, sighing as he gripped his weapon once more. Eyeing its health bar, he was fairly certain he couldn't kill it in one blow, but the Bleed damage could possibly be juuuust enough to get rid of it once and for all. He charged up his sword again and spun on his heel, shredding into the creature four times. The attack didn't seem to pack the same punch that it had the last time he had used it, but it did the trick.

As the creature stirred after being released from the grip of its stun, it stood up tall and attempted to clumsily bellyflop onto Bahr. He held up his sword and braced for impact, catching the gigantic pine cone against the flat side of the blade and holding back the attack. Just as his strength was about to give out, the Bleed damage took effect and the creature burst into a million tiny pixels. Bahr excitedly checked his loot panel, quickly becoming disappointed by the drop.

"Wow. That sucks. At least I got some mats and col from it, I guess."

He dismissed the window and turned to face Kirbs again. "Well, that was fun. Guess we should try to find our way back to town, huh?"

Spoiler

Bahr
HP: 155/240 | EN: 8+1-4=5

Suspicious Pine Cone: HP: 36-24-12=0/160 | DMG: 48 | ID: 119499 | BD: 6+3=9, Hit for 6×4=24 DMG, Keen activates | MD: 4-1=3, miss | BLEED 1/2 TURNS REMAINING | Suspicious Pine Cone defeated

Looting
ID: 119500
LD: 9 | CD: 1

Bahr acquired (4) T1 Materials, 480 col, and (1) Unidentified T1 Uncommon Consumable

Edited by Bahr

She shrugged her shoulders and offered him a sheepish grin. "Yeah, I'm a little bit pooped for today," she sulked. A giant ice elemental and a giant pine cone? Yeah, that was enough to get the redhead pooped out. "Plus, I'm really hungry!" She added, rubbing her stomach as she sulked even more. She was absolutely famished-- yes, she was using big kid words now!

"Sorry for not doing much to that pine cone back there. I'll totally make it up to you one day," she insisted, looking up at him with another sheepish smile. 

"So!" She piped, switching to another completely different subject. "Have you been around Kityuisa lately? I plan on doing some quests with her soon! She's pretty fun to hang around, y'know! Plus, I kind of met both of you two around the same time, and we should have a little squad meet up one day!" She cooed, clapping her hands together.

"Yeah, me too, honestly," Bahr remarked as his stomach gurgled, "We should stop and grab a bite to eat on the way into town. Hopefully they have barbecue. I would kill for some barbecue right about now."

His face crunched up a bit when she asked about Kit, the image of the awkward kiss they shared in the garden flashing through his mind. "Uh... yeah... I've seen her. Bump into her a lot, actually." He instinctively pulled up his friend list, which pulled up only three names - Kityuisa, Dagger, and Zayne. He tapped on her name, a map with her location data populated. Once he had confirmed that she was indeed alive, he let loose a sigh of relief. He squinted when he saw the area she was in, though. "Looks like she's getting herself into trouble again, as usual," he said with an irritated tinge. He continued to squint at the map for a few more moments before dismissing it, his friend list once again displaying in the window. "I'm sure she's handling it. Little pipsqueak is practically indestructible," he remarked nonchalantly before turning back to Kirbs.

"I hadn't really noticed before, but I haven't added you yet. We should take of that now while we're hanging out." With a couple more taps, a friend request window would populate in front of Kirbs. "And a gift to go along with it." After a couple more taps, a trade request window would populate next to the friend request one. The item that Bahr was sending was Sure Shot, the very trinket he had commissioned for her to make before. "I ended up getting my hands on something that gives me the accuracy I need, so I dont really need this anymore. I figured you could either use it or resell it in your shop again, your choice."

If she looked at Bahr now, she would see he had another one of those cheesy grins on his face. He enjoyed spending time with her, which was a rarity these days in SAO. Everyone tended to take themselves too seriously. She liked to have fun instead, which was refreshing.

Sure Shot Trinket (T1, +3 ACC) sent to Kirbs.

Spoiler

ID: 119530
LD: 2

Search for treasure chest failed.

Edited by Bahr