LUCK OF THE IRISH (RARE)
      RECOVERY
           REGAIN 1 ADDITIONAL EN ON NATURAL CD ROLLS OF 6+
      +1 LD

ARMOR
» [EQUIPPED] PANTALOOTS (RARE)
      +2 LD BONUS

WEAPONS
» [EQUIPPED] "MINOR OCULUS" - TWO-HANDED STRAIGHT SWORD (RARE)
     ➥ +1 DMG
     ➥
 BLEED

FAMILIAR
» [EQUIPPED] SWINE BAJESUS R2
     ➥ +2 ACC

BATTLE READY ITEMS
» T1 POTION OF UNCOMMON QUALITY (5)
     ➥ HEALS 40 HP

He had found it. He had finally found it. Every material gatherer's dream - a garden absolutely lush with objects that were useful for crafting. He could hardly believe his eyes. How long had he spent on the first floor, completely unaware that a resource like this existed? Had he known ahead of time, he would have spent a lot more time here. With the materials available, he would be able to craft for days without requiring a refill! He hastily opened up his menu and navigated to the message panel, shooting a message to Kityuisa.

To: @Kityuisa

You've got to get over here. You'll never believe what I found. Here are my coordinates.

- Bahr

After he sent the message, he took a little bit of time to peruse what was available so he could get a head start on the material gathering. He plucked a flower, thinking it may have have some hidden crafting property he was unaware of. To his dismay, it burst into a cloud of triangular blue pixels shortly after.

Spoiler

ID: 119164
LD: 4+3=7

Material gathering failed.

Edited by Bahr
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

Level: 9

Health: 180 | Energy: 18
EVA: 1 | MIT: 23 | ACC: 3
DMG: 5

Skills:

Combat skills: 
N/A

Weapon skills: 
 Rank Two, Dagger +2 DMG

Armor skills: 
♥ Rank One, Light Armor +5 MIT

Extra skills: 
N/A

Utility Skills: 
N/A

Modifiers: 
N/A

Inventory

[Equipped] [Rare] Sharp Dagger: +2 DMG 
 [Equipped] [Perfect] Black Swan: +1 EVA, +2 MIT
 [Equipped] [Perfect] Blossoming Wind: +3 ACC

Battle Ready:

Starter Healing Potion (Heals 50) x3
 T1 HP Potion, Uncommon (Heals 40) x5
♥ T1 Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp HP) x1
♥ [Empty]
 [Empty]

Kityuisa was minding her own business when a message came in on her screen. Kityuisa tapped it and read its contents. Checking Bahr's location she grinned. She had already found the garden but it looked like her dear friend had found it too. She quickly geared up, putting on her special gloves and put her trinket in her inventory. She quickly made her way to the magical garden, knowing it would be a lot more fun to gather materials with a friend than anything else. As soon as Kityuisa got into the garden, she spotted Bahr. "Hey Bahr! I'm heeeere! I see you found the magical garden! It's amazing, isn't it?!" As if to confirm her statement even more, she peered behind Bahr, walking past him she poked around a little bit until she turned back around to face Bahr with two materials in her hands, "Isn't it amazing?" She placed them in her inventory and went back to Bahr, giving him a friendly hug.

ID# 119172
LD: 14+3 

+2 T1 Materials

Edited by Kityuisa

Bahr's expression contorted into one of the most awkward masks of discomfort you ever would have seen, awkwardly patting Kit's back as she embraced him. He usually wasn't the kind for physical contact, and he had no idea their friendship had progressed into hugging territory. Wait, she didn't think this was a date, did she!?

"... Uh, yeah. It's great," he stammered shakily as he slithered away from the hug. "Let's go check it out."

Walking through the garden, it was becoming evident to Bahr how something like this could be misconstrued as a date. The atmosphere was absolutely magical, with sweet aromas wafting about and beautiful colors no matter what direction you looked. He only hoped she hadn't taken it the wrong way. It wasn't that he couldn't see them developing some sort of relationship like that, it was just... Well, he was looking for someone. It seemed disrespectful to get involved with someone else, considering how they had left it.

Spoiler

ID: 119173
LD: 3+3=6

Material search failed.

Edited by Bahr

Kityuisa nodded her head, releasing Bahr from her hold. She had almost forgotten about the garden, her first visit having been lovely enough. Kityuisa was looking at the garden surrounding her. I should invite Hiko sometime... It would be nice to show him something since he went and showed me floor 21 and his home.. Kityuisa looked over at Bahr, it was nice of him to invite her.. Suddenly, Kityuisa felt dread filling her, did he think it was a date?! Kityuisa felt sweat burning on the inside, Why did I accept... Oh sweet merciful Cardinal. Kityuisa figured she ought to ask.. She kicked her foot slightly, here she was in a romantic and magical garden with Bahr, whom had invited her... But.. I don't think of him that way... She had to humor Bahr though... If he wanted  it to be a date, then she would remain however awkward she felt, "Are you finding anything over there?" Kityuisa tried her best to conceal all of her emotions, she waited for him to answer her question... 

ID # 119174
LD: 2 + 3 = 5
FAILED BIG TIME BRO

Edited by Kityuisa

"Yeah, I got something!" Bahr yelled back to Kit. His eyes glimmered as he thought of the possibilities these two flowers might open up for him. Some might think of flowers as an odd choice of material for making clothing or armor, but Bahr knew better. If there was anything he had learned so far, it was that the strangest of materials gave crafted items the best perks. He held the tangerine and red flowers out for Kit to examine, his eyes flickering around the garden looking for more.

"It seems that only some of these flowers are actually for crafting - other ones will despawn shortly after you pluck them," he informed her, remembering the first flower he had picked. "If we can find more flowers identical to these, we can walk outta here with a barrel's worth of mats." It was weird, but Bahr was actually salivating at the thought. Seriously, that was really weird. Even he knew it was weird. Perhaps some form of Pavlovian response to the aroma of the flowers?

Spoiler

ID: 119176
LD: 12+3=15

(2) T1 Materials acquired.

Edited by Bahr

Kityuisa examined the flower that Bahr held up to her. Her mind memorized the way that it looked and she nodded her head. She began to look around, seeing more and more of the other flowers before her eyes fell on a flower that looked exactly identical to the one that Bahr had. She went over and plucked it, and showed it to Bahr, "I got one!" She offered a wide smile, and placed it in her inventory, "This place really is something else, huh.." Kityuisa hadn't found anything in the time prior to grabbing onto the flower but after Bahr had showed her the flower he had plucked up, Kityuisa had been proud to say that she had definitely found one. Kityuisa found these flowers very valuable for her potions, "I opened up a shop, y'know... I'm an alchemist.. I'm still a low rank, but you should come a visit... It's only floor twenty two..." Kityuisa opened her map and sent the exact location to Bahr.

ID# 119178
LD: 8 + 3 = 11

+1 Material

Edited by Kityuisa

As Bahr's map panel populated in front of him, he quickly took note of the location. "I know where this is. Yeah, I'll be sure to check it out. Obviously, you already know where my shop is." Bahr grinned nervously as he closed the map, knowing that his shop wasn't exactly in the best neighborhood. It wasn't exactly glamorous, but it was something. His goal when he purchased the location was to simply have a functional place to do business and keep costs low. He had succeeded, but... Well, nobody really wanted to go there. Kit had actually been his only customer so far!

Off to his side, Bahr noticed another pair of flowers that looked suspiciously close to the ones he had plucked before. He picked them both up, and to his pleasure found that neither despawned. He stuck one into his inventory and shakily held out the other for Kit. "Uh... For you..."

Spoiler

ID: 119180
LD: 16+3=19

Edited by Bahr

"I like your shop!" Kityuisa replied hastily, "I'm sure you get a lot of business." Kityuisa watched as Bahr offered her one of the many flowers he had just picked up. Kityuisa smiled, "Thank you, Bahr..." She accepted the gift graciously and put it in her hair. She knew that she felt really awkward about the fact that Bahr had given her a flower, making it seem even more like a date, but she had to make him feel alright... She could break the news later on.. If she had the courage... But she didn't want to lead him on... Kityuisa nervously began looking for some materials of her own and upon finding one she grinned at Bahr, "I'm super lucky!" She placed this one in her inventory, the other flower still in her hair. Her movements seemed lucid and graceful as her fingers touched the flower petals in the flowerbeds.

ID # 119183
LD: 9 + 3 = 12
+1 T1 Material

Edited by Kityuisa

Bahr knew it was a mistake to lead her on, but he felt like he had to humor her at least a little bit since he had invited her out on an adventure to such a romantic venue. She accepted his offer graciously, putting it in her hair and smiling at Bahr. As rays of sunlight peeked through the clouds and illuminated her beaming face, Bahr could see in a beauty in her that he had never noticed before pulling him in. A certain, Kit-exclusive, childlike sort of... Nope. No, it was still too weird. There was no way Bahr could do this. She was giving him all the signs that she was into this. What if she wanted to kiss later!?

Breaking the tension, Swine Bajesus emerged from his inner coat pocket, peeking his head out from behind the coat's folds and waving itself down. Apparently things had gotten pretty hot for the little guy inside the jacket. No surprise, given how worked up Bahr was getting over all of this.

Spoiler

ID: 119185
LD: 7+3=10

Material search failed.

Edited by Bahr

Kityuisa felt her own awkwardness inside her as Bahr began to eye her, her uncomfort growing greater by the second.. What is going on.... Her feet shuffled lightly and was immensely grateful when Bahr's companion immersed from his coat pocket. "W-what? Is that your familiar?" Kityuisa bent down, taking out a small wrapper of food and offering it to the boar, "Aren't you the cutest boar around~" She offered the food to his familiar, before looking back up, "I thought you had a bad rep with boars?" Kityuisa looked back down, "What's your name cutie?" She watched as the boar seemed to snuffle the ground a bit, revealing something shiny. She looked closer and picked it up, "Thank you! You're such a big help!" She stored the items in her inventory and offered a few pets to the little guy, "He's very tiny for a boar pup... Where did you even find him?" Kityuisa couldn't help but feel grateful that Bahr had brought his boar friend with him, it would definitely help relieve the uncomfort she was feeling.

ID # 119187
LD: 14 + 3 = 17

+2 Materials Found

Edited by Kityuisa

Oh, Swine Bajesus had entered the scene. Awesome, this would break the tension no problem.

"That's Swine Bajesus, rumored to be the spawn of the infamous Swine Jesus that almost killed me awhile back," Bahr said wistfully and he put both hands on the back of his head. "Oh yeah, that happened. One more hit and I woulda been a goner. Seriously the craziest fight of my life." 

Eventually, Swine Bajesus grew tired and retreated into Bahr's pocket. "According to its information, it has some sort of ailment that prevents it from growing, so it will stay tiny like this forever. Which is good. Y'know, keeps him portable." Bahr chuckled a bit at his own stupid joke, Swine Bajesus sticking its head out once again to look upon its owner with scorn. "Right, right, sorry Swine Bajesus. I don't mean to make fun of your condition like that," he said as he stifled laughs, poking its head to push it back into his coat.

Spoiler

ID: 119190
LD: 4+3=7

Material search failed.dammit

Edited by Bahr

Kityuisa listened as Bahr explained his familiar, "I've been wanting to go out and find a familiar for myself, I love Swine Bajesus, he is the cutest i've seen yet!" Kityuisa pet the boar one more time before it retreated back into Bahr's pocket. Their tension had been lifted and Kityuisa was the most thankful. Kityuisa stood to her feet, putting the remaining food back into her pocket, laughing as the boar poked his head out, "He's a real character!" Kityuisa clapped her hands gleefully, before looking at Bahr, "So, what's new with you. What adventures have you gone on?" Kityuisa had a lot to catch him up on, herself but she wanted to be as polite to Bahr as she could, after all he had invited her here, on this.... date? Kityuisa internally shuddered, a reminder that eventually she had to tell Bahr that she only viewed him as a sibling. Her fingers plucking two more flowers and placing them in her inventory, Kityuisa waited for Bahr to reply.

ID # 119191
LD: 12 + 3 = 15
+2 Materials

Edited by Kityuisa

"Well, you know, wandering around aimlessly as usual," he said casually, bending over and picking up another flower. "With the exception of the familiar acquisition quest, I've mostly just been sticking to the beginner quests to rack up experience as quickly as possible." He paused for a minute after putting the flower into his inventory before gasping as though he had just remembered something important. "Wait, no! There was this really weird fight I had! It was against this guy who looked exactly like me!" He turned toward Kit with a serious expression on his face. "It was like some sort of weird quest! This dude approached me while I was chilling in the city center and asked me if he could test out his skills on me, promising to teach me a unique skill if I beat him," his voice got progressively more excited as he continued, "He led me outside of the safe zone and then just attacked me! Once his cloak was off, he looked exactly like I did, clothing and all! And he had this crazy grin on his face the whole time, taunting me. His mitigation was so high that I was forced to use Sword Skills to take him down, so I had to keep shuffling between attacking turns and non-attacking turns to get the Energy to attack him, and then he dodged a lot of those attacks, too!" With a sigh, Bahr calmed himself down a bit before finishing. "I ended up beating him in the end because I had Bleed on my weapon, but he dealt enough damage to kill me two times over. I thought I was a dead man."

Spoiler

ID: 119196
LD: 11+3=14

(1) T1 Material acquired.

Edited by Bahr

Kityuisa's eyes widened as Bahr spoke of his adventure, "It sounds like a Gemini!" Kityuisa gripped the strands of her hair and began to twirl them around her fingers, "That really is something! It reminds me of my own adventure where I sat on this smooth stone in front of a waterfall and meditated! I got trapped in my own mind and was forced to fight four demons! They represented my inner demons and what i fear, hate and regret..." Kityuisa thought for a moment, "Though that's my only... Really exciting quest.." Kityuisa kicked the floor, she wanted to tell Bahr about her sight seeing trip with Hikoru, she had had a lot of fun... But if this really was a date, she didn't want to make Bahr sad by mentioning another person like that. Kityuisa decided to lead it off as cool, "I also explored floor twenty one for a bit the other day... That was pretty fun... though there wasn't a quest attached to it at all.." Kityuisa tugged her strand of hair a bit tighter and looked at the floor. Kityuisa grinned, "Meet any new friends lately?"

ID # 119201
LD: 1 +3 = FAIL RIP

Edited by Kityuisa

Bahr listened thoughtfully to what Kit said regarding her demons quest. "That sounds horrible, honestly. I don't know if I could stomach a quest like that, considering..." He stopped himself before he could complete the thought, the edges of his lips curling downward into a frown. He had been dubbed the Bloodedge for being the first to kill another character in the game, the title being the only way to identify him as an orange player. If she didn't know already, it was probably best she didn't. He didn't need to lose the only friend he had made so far. Faking a smile, he plucked a couple more flowers and continued. "Ahh... No, actually. I mean, I guess I did do a quest with that Dagger guy. Oh, and I ran into Kirbs the other day and slayed a monster with her, too. But other than that... no. I usually ride solo, tends to go quicker that way."

He noticed a slight blush grace her lips. Ew, was that for him? She was even doing the twirly hair thing. Or maybe... "How about you? You're more sociable than me, so I'm guessing you've made tons of friends."

Spoiler

ID: 119203
LD: 14+3=17

Edited by Bahr

Kityuisa nodded her head, "It was horrible!" Kityuisa grimaced, "I learned a lot about myself to say the least..." Kityuisa noticed the frown that Bahr tried to conceal with a fake smile, Kityuisa looked at him fiercely, "Stop trying to fake a smile, considering what? You can tell me. You should know me by now, I am free of judgement and nothing will take away the fact that we are friends." Kityuisa hoped that Bahr would tell her considering the adventures the two of them had had together. "I feel you on that whole solo thing..." When Bahr urged her to talk about the people she met, Kityuisa felt intense fear, Why am I blushing?! Ugh did he notice? Kityuisa fought her heat to go away but to no avail, she just seemed to get hotter by the minute, trying to distract Bahr so she didn't have to mention any of the people she had met, she looked up, "Is it hot here or what?" A small nervous chuckle escaped her lips. She picked up a nearby flower and pocketed it into her inventory.

ID # 119206
LD: 8 + 3 = 11

+1 T1 Material

Edited by Kityuisa

Oh sweet baby Jesus. What the hell was happening here? Literally anything seemed less awkward than this. Anything. Anything at all. He had to tell her his origin story lest this get any worse. The narrator rolled his eyes at Bahr, knowing he had been waiting for an opportunity to gush to someone about this. "Had to tell her." Absolutely laughable.

"Okay so, uh, my best friend died the day the game launched." Instantly, the atmosphere changed completely. Clouds moved in and covered the sun, the breeze stopped entirely, and the silence became deafening. "It was me. I killed him." With a sigh, he sat on a nearby ledge and clasped his hands together, resting his elbows on his shoulders. He was doing his best to keep an at least straight-ish face. Telling her was bad enough, he didn't need to go crying about it in front of her too. He plucked another pair of flowers, raising them to his nose. The pleasant aroma that wafted from them seemed to be enough to sate his whirlwind of emotions - for now, anyways.

(Gonna split this up into two posts for dramatic effect and so we can get more posts going lmao)

Spoiler

ID: 119213
LD: 13+3=16

Edited by Bahr

Kityuisa felt the dramatics of what Bahr said as clouds rolled in to cover the sun. Kityuisa felt a chill roll down her spine as she listened to him continue, he had killed his friend... Kityuisa once again glanced at his crystal, he was green! He had been green since day one! He never had to take the redemption quest? Was it before the official announcement? Kityuisa had a lot of questions to ask Bahr but decided they could wait, Bahr seemed to want to continue to tell her. She watched as he sat on a ledge, clasping his hands together. She sat beside him and rested a hand on his back, offering silent comfort as she urged him to continue his story to her. She watched as he picked up some more flowers and so she did the same, "You can tell me, I don't judge you at all." Her voice was soft and calming, hoping to emotionally support the one best friend she had made since her first day out of the town of beginnings.

ID # 119217
LD: 19

+2 T1 Materials

Edited by Kityuisa

"It was right before the announcement. We were out in the fields killing boars. Quite a bit easier with a friend, lemme tell ya. We were resting and it was getting close to the time we were supposed to meet up with another friend of ours, when suddenly he swung his sword at me." He couldn't help but smile a bit as he remembered it. "He said he wanted to have a duel with me. Whoever won would get the bragging rights, the other would get a shortcut back to the Town of Beginnings. When I warned him about the orange cursor he had adopted becoming permanent if he went through with killing me, he shrugged and said he didn't mind because it would be like going through the game on hard mode. So we agreed that, no matter who won, we would both become orange players so we could go through the game like outlaws. It sounds sickening say it now, but back then, it was just a fun idea we came up with on a whim to make things more interesting." His expression became quite a bit more serious as he continued. "I ended up winning the fight at the last second, and I remember taunting him right before his avatar dematerialized. Minutes later, I was teleported back to the Town of Beginnings, and that's when the announcement happened. I immediately looked him up in my friend list, and his location data was gone. It never populated again after that." He opened up his friend list panel and showed it to Kityuisa. There were only two names on it - hers and Zayne's. When he tapped on Zayne's name, a map popped up along with the words "No location data available." As he closed the map, he picked up another couple flowers he had spotted and stuffed them away in his inventory.

"If I were to take a quest like that, I know I'd bump into him. There's no question. I wouldn't be able to take it."

Spoiler

ID: 119218
LD: 19+3=22

Edited by Bahr

Kityuisa listened to Bahr tell his tale of how he had killed his friend before the game announcement, "Bahr.. It isn't your fault, you guys didn't know back then... None of us knew..." Kityuisa had seen plenty of players burst into pixels from the boars in the field before the announcement and they never made it back to life. Kityuisa watched as he showed her his map and Kityuisa looked into his eyes, placing both hands on his shoulder so he would be forced to look at her, "Sometimes we need to face our fears and our demons to become better people. That quest scared the living hell out of me, but it made me realize so many things, i'm better because of it." Kityuisa knew that she was still working on figuring it all out, but Bahr didn't need to know that she still had so many questions about herself. "If you don't think you can take it yet, then don't take it yet... Just I encourage you to one day face your demons, face it so you can grow from it and move on from it. You can't let it sit inside you forever..." Kityuisa let go of Bahr's shoulders, scooping another flower up and placing it in her inventory. "Just remember, it's not your fault." Kityuisa felt her eyes start to tear up as she spoke with passion. 

ID # 119228
LD: 10 + 3 = 13

+1 T1 Material

Edited by Kityuisa