[SP-F1] Earning a Living

Darkwood HP: 5/7

Boar HP: 3/7

Felix is still on the floor, unmoving other than the muscle in his right cheek, which is on the verge of a smile. The boar goes for the charge and Felix remains unmoving.

1-5 fail

6-8 hit

9-10 critical

[2]

The boar is moving too quickly for Darkwood to react in time and Felix only just manages to scrape getting hurt by rolling to the side. Felix rises as the boar stops itself to turn.

Darkwood HP: 5/7

Felix takes quick action as the boar turns, darting forwards and using the staff like a spear, goes to stab the boar in it's flank. The boar tries to turn in time but cannot pull face on before the blow is about to hit.

1-5 fail

6-8 hit

9-10 critical

[1]

Felix had overextended himself and slips, falling face-first into the mud at the boar's feet. The boar headbutts him while he lays there.

Darkwood HP - 2

Darkwood HP: 3/7

The boar is about to go for the kill when Darkwood flips himself over, leaving the staff behind and grasps the boar by the neck, holding it in place. "Touche, beast but you are no match for me!" exclaims Felix. The boar shrieks in complaint at the predicament it got itself into. It tries to pull away but Darkwood's grip is like iron.

1-5 fail

6-8 hit

9-10 critical

[5]

Darkwood brings his knee up and strikes the beast in the stomach. The boar howls and tries with all its might to pull away, and Felix just holds on. "Oh no you don't!" he cackles in delight.

Boar HP - 1

The boar struggles and kicks and pulls but now Darkwood wraps his legs around the boar, preventing any possibility he may be removed - he learnt from his last battle. Felix tightens his grip, takes off one of his hands and moves to punch the boar in the forehead.

1-5 fail

6-8 hit

8-10 critical

[3]

The blow bounces off and Darkwood once again curses his lack of strength. If it was up to him he'd be with a nice bow and would be picking them off from behind. He signs internally in dismay at how stupid that sounded. He returns his attention to the boar and decides that he should put the creature out of its misery.

The poor creature has suffered enough, thought Darkwood. Time to wrap this up. The boar's strength was failing and Felix empathized at how humiliating this must be for the beast. He goes for a full-force punch with his right hand. This is sure to do some damage even though his physical strength was pretty poor.

1-5 fail

6-8 hit

9-10 critical

[3]

This was pitiful. His strength was failing because he was exhausting himself in holding onto the boar. A moment's lapse in strength saw the boar free from its captivity and the boar goes to gore the weakling in the chest.

Darkwood thought that if he was to die then this boar had deserved to kill him. It had fought long and hard for its life, in spite of all odds. "What the hell am I thinking?" said Felix "You're no match for me..".

1-5 fail

6-8 hit

9-10 critical

[6]

Darkwood drew back his leg and viciously drove it into the boar's snout. A crack was heard and the boar screamed. 'Owch that much have hurt.' thought Felix.

Boar HP - 1

Darkwood HP: 3/7

Boar HP: 2/7

The boar reared back, blood dripping from a wound in its snout. It's eyes filled with a mix of pain and terror. Darkwood broke into a huge grin and and picked up the staff from nearby. "Let's finish this." he suggested. He stepped forwards and swung the staff in an arc, whipping it down to hit the foe.

1-5 fail

6-8 hit

9-10 critical

[4]

The boar leaped back in fear, for it had tasted the pain of that deathly rod before and was determined not to feel it again. "Oh no you don't" exclaimed Darkwood.

Felix took a large pace forwards to that the boar could not run and the staff was easily in range. The boar realized it had to fight and could evade no longer. It charged at Darkwood and Darkwood charged at it.

1-5 miss

6-8 hit

9-10 critical

[2]

The boar stepped into the swing and butted Felix in the chest, blowing him backwards with the force of the anger and pain it had suffered. Felix lay on the ground, nearly defeated yet still determined to best this creature.

Darkwood HP - 2

Darkwood HP: 1/7

Boar HP: 2/7

In a last-ditch effort Felix threw his staff at the boar like a javelin, who was blinking under the force of the recoil from the hit. The staff soared through the air towards the stunned beast.

1-5 fail

6-8 hit

9-10 critical

[8]

The staff strikes the head of the boar and confuses it even more, as it had no idea where the blow came from. The staff bounces back and Darkwood catches it in his outstretched hand. The boar shivers but moves only slightly as Felix pushes himself to his feet with the staff.

Boar HP - 1

Darkwood HP: 1/7

Boar HP: 1/7

Felix tries to walk towards the boar, which is almost recovered, but his legs give way and he falls. The boar begins moving towards him, the malice and intent to kill returning to its eyes. "You've fallen into my trap, foul creature. Soon your innards will be mine." spits Darkwood. With his remaining strength he surges upwards, his staff coming up.

Time seems to slow as the boar opens its mouth to finish him, while the staff and man spring upwards. Mouth open in a vicious roar, Darkwood strikes the boar in the stomach.

1-5 miss

6-8 hit

9-10 critical

[7]

The staff strikes home, swiping the boar away from the man. "You are a formidable opponent, beast. I will remember this battle for some time to come. However, now I grow tired of this playfulness." spoke Felix.

"Now it ends and you are finished, fiend. That is all there is to say. You ahve fought well but you are only an AI and I am a human. This can only ever go one way ". The staff moved up in a smooth uppercut, aiming for the chin of the enemy.

1-5 fail

6-8 hit

9-10 critical

[7]

The staff hits and carries the helpless boar into the air, where it shatters into pixels like a firework. Darkwood slumps to his kness in a sudden wave of fatigue as the adrenaline fades.

LOOT

1-5 nothing

6-10 Boar's Tusk

11-15 Iron gauntlets

16-20 Steel rapier

No loot is dropped and even if there was, Felix wouldn't have moved to get it, for he was already limping back to the Town, clutching the few ingredients he had won from his battles. 'I really do need some sort of companion" he decided. 'I'm going to the tavern once I've recovered to try and find one'. 'Ooh I'm level 3!' he added after a moment.

OVERALL COL

95+100+(3*5)+(2*400) = 1010 Col

• 1 year later...