[OP F7] Feeding the enemy

Chain looked down at the thumb size triangular rock in his hand. It was a deep black with veins of yellow running through it. He wanted to crush it with a mallet.

Chain rubbed the stone between his fingers, consciously holding back the urge to throw the infuriating thing, She made it sound so simple. Step one: Get food. Step two: Feed food to an animal. Step three: Animal lives. Step four: Profit! Obviously there was one problem though.

What kind of animal eats a rock???

Deep in thought, Chain was completely oblivious to the building charge inside the rock, which was at this point starting to glow.

1-5 Rock discharges into chain - +5 points of hilarity

6-8 Chain tries to return the glowing rock because it's obviously malfunctioning

9-10 Rock sends pulse through chain, showing him where the animal is

Chain 7/7

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She had been wishing for another quest adventure when she runs across a dude holding a rock. Throwing it to the ground. "You need help or something?" She says as she looks over at him and hands him a piece of steak. "Maybe he is hungry" she thinks as she gives the steak to him. She smiles a warm smile at him... Kanya looking up at him on the ground...

Okay, last time I checked rocks don't glow, I'm taking this back to the gypsy and pretending this never happened.

He would have too, right then and there Chain would have gone back to the crazy NPC gypsy lady, threw the stone at here, and yelled incoherently about not being about to feed the unfeedable. Life probably would have been a lot less stressful if he got too, but unforeseeable circumstances stopped that from happening. Unless you forsaw a girl and her wolf ambushing him, in that case it was completely foreseeable and you should get a job as a fortuneteller.

"You need help or something?" She says as she looks over at him and hands him a piece of steak. "Maybe he is hungry"

Is she... is she mocking me? Chain tried to hold a neutral facial expression. He failed completely. Do I want a steak? Of course I would rather had a steak! How easy would it be to get a familiar if the freaking gypsy lady had just given me a steak instead of this...

That's when Chain finally noticed her familiar.

How? And a wolf? A FREAKING WOLF? How cool is that?

Chain's first instinct was to try and grab the girl by the shoulders and shake until she told him how she got a wolf.

dirgun jumped down on the ground saying "you better let go of ruri now or ill kill you where you stand and fang will eat your face after i kill you ruri are you alright." dirgun pulls out his sword putting it up to the guys throat saying in an almost a demonic voice "let go of ruri or ill kill you and feed you to my wolf fang and trust me fang will want to hurt you bad." then the shadow wolf appears from out of no where growling telepathicly "let go or i will rip you in half puny human i havn't killed in a while and your looking pretty tasty."

dirgun looks at ruri putting up the sword saying "alright ruri i'll stop just because you say so but man you lay a hand on ruri ever again and i'll kill you got that." dirgun goes over to ruri giving a her a hug saying "are you alright this is not ok with me by the way i will kill this guy if he ever does anything close to that again. fang you should stay with me for now just in case your needed."

Weird? I'm not weird... am I? Chain's hands fell from the girls shoulders and she then proceeded to yell at him. I just wanted to know what to do with this rock, is that too much to ask for?

Of course he had gone too far, there are only like four reasons to ever scream and shake at a fourteen year old, and none of those happened to involve rocks OR wolves... but that didn't make him weird.

Now stalking people from trees, threatening with the phrase “Eat your face†and speaking in a demonic voice, Chain was at least 74% sure that was about as weird as it gets.

“Hey, yeah, that's a good idea I'm going to go talk to the gypsy lady.†Chain slowly backed away with his hands in the air, suddenly aware this dude had a blade inches from his neck, “So you two stay here, and go back to doing whatever it is that you do,†Just a few more steps... “which i'm going to assume it's terrifying random people.†and im gone!

“Please leave me alone!†Chain shouted over his shoulder as he ran away. Of course now that he was running it occurred to him that they had been in a no PVP zone, and his life wasn't actually in danger. Still, his instinct said people like that were dangerous and best avoided.

dirgun looks at the kid he just scared the piss out of yelling "dude im not a PKer but you just looked like you we're strangiling my girlfriend and i got pissed by the way your soposed to feed the rock to the creature your after im sorry for threatining you but thats what happens when you try to strangle people dude." dirgun was laughing with fang this kid who ran away.

"Kanya!" She growled at Kanya as she appeared and she rode her. "Go, chase him." She says as Kanya starts to run after the slower being. "Now, either run away, with no help or defences, and die or let us party with you, so we can protect you." She says as Kanya catched up with him. He slows again as Kanya circles around him and slows down. "Now what do you say?" She puts her hand out in either agreement or disagreement. As she looks back at the dust particles she sees Dirgun that had rode fang... She smiled a warm smile at them.

Again the NPC repeated the same line “Feed the food to your desired familiar!â€

“I know that!†Chain flashed the still glowing rock around over dramatically, “What I’m asking is what sort of monster eats a frigging rock?â€

“Feed the food to your...â€

useless Deep down he knew it would be, he always had this problem in games. There was always some sort of small, simple part he'd miss and end up wasting hours before finally giving up and doing a Google search. Only here there was no Google. I might be able to talk to ask that girl. She has a familiar so she's obviously done the quest, but I can already tell that dealing with the two of them would leave me too preoccupied. Not to mention how fast the conclusion of eating someone's face was drawn, that's enough to make anyone standoffish.

And that's when the demon duo showed up with the threat of death. Seriously, who says let me protect you or I'm going to kill you? Do people logically think like that?

Does God hate me... God must hate me.

"A party you say? Well who doesn't love parties! We should have one right now, it'll be fun!" and hopefully not fatal...

She sighs as he had ignored her request. "Her gypsy, remember me?" She talked to the gypsy. "Can you please give him something more useful then a rock... WAIT I remember what you will be able to feed it--.." She says as she looks over to chained. "Floor 4 had stone golems in the desert." She says remembering the sight of the sands and dusts that had been there. "We can use a teleport crystal." She said as she looked toward chained again. "So, what do you think of the familiar?" She asked toward him.

Feeding a rock to a stone golem? Wouldn't that be... cannibalism? Chain unconsciously backed away a few more paces, how sick are these people?

Wait, no, that actually makes perfect sense. Chain looked at the stone a bit closer this time, finally noticing the runes engraved in the stone.

“Yeah, golems, those guys made out of stone and stuff... That could work.†He looked at the girl suspiciously, “These stone thingys you want to take me to, they don't happen to be in a PVP area, are they?â€

He didn't answer about the wolf, talking about wolves earlier hadn't gone so well, no need to open up that can of worms again.

dirgun starts laughing saying "wow dude how much of a noob can you be dude this whole thing outside the towns are pvp areas and monster can only spawn there so yeah man their in the pvp area thats how you know im not dangourous to you cause i could have killed you back when we first met you really need help what the hell you doing on floor seven anyway this is a very dangourous floor where the frontliners hang so why are you even here dude." dirgun sit there laughing at the unlearned player petting fang and laughing again.

Chain knew the guy petting the wolf, the one who'd nearly attempted to kill him earlier, was saying something that could probably help him out given that he hadn't really spent much time exploring this world. Words that were said doubtlessly would have helped Chain to understand his current situation and would have provided wisdom in place of ignorance. Sadly he didn't hear any of it, he'd already become focused on the word “Dude.†Instead of listening for any type of information that could prove useful, the smart thing to do, Chain counted every time the crazy guy called him dude.

It was five times.

“So, uh... dude?†He'd hoped using a phrase this character seemed open to would help amended relations, “how do we get there? And how do you get a monster to eat a rock?â€

"I don't know, we will talk about that later..." Ruri said to chained. "Dirgun, please I don't really like to hear the word 'killing' a million times this adventure..." She said toward her boyfriend. She then looked down towards kanya. "So what do you say about teleportation crystals?" She asked warmly toward chained. "Actually we haven't had a proper introduction.." She said at last... "I'm Ruri, and he is Dirgun, my boyfriend." She says as she points to Dirgun who had murmured something...

Teleportation. That was a relatively safe sounding word. That was something Chain could do. “Yeah, I think that would work out just fine.â€

finally things were starting to calm down, swords were sheathed and the wolves didn't look hungry. At least he didn't think they did. Maybe it was a good thing he wasn't trying to get one of those.

"Actually we haven't had a proper introduction.." She said at last... "I'm Ruri, and he is Dirgun, my boyfriend."

Okay, so they're boyfriend and girlfriend, now the death threats made a bit more sense. Well, at least most of them.

Chain was preparing to put on his, 'I swear I’m a really good guy so please help me out face.

“It's nice to meet you Ruri and Dirgun!†It hadn't been at first, but now it was nice to meet them, in a 'please don't kill me and help me finish this quest' sort of way.

“My names Just-†He was still new to introducing himself by his game name, “Chained, the names Chained! Ask me what I’m chained to and that will only the the third time today!â€

It wouldn't but that sounded funny. He hoped. The ice was probably broken a bit earlier but a little bit of levity never killed anyone.

dirgun gets up putting out his hand to shake saying "as she said im dirgun and sorry for threatining you earlier but as you see now she's my girlfriend and i get pretty protective of her if you know how that is and generally im crazy and people i know are crazy see this cloak my friend the walking reaper made this for me its a perfect item only found in shops and boss loot drop its amazing and helps so much in fights and im having a sword made as well its a rare item its right under a perfect item teaching moment by good items as soon as posibly ." dirgun keep ranting on how to get better in the game showing that he had forgiving the player for what he had done earlier.