[OP F7] Feeding the enemy

Okay, we're shaking hands now, that's a good sign, right?†Chain shook in as much of a firm and enthusiastic 'please don’t try and kill me later' way as he could muster. Not that those particular feelings made a specific handshake, but maybe if he thought that really hard as he did it things might end well.

“So, you both have familiars?†That was a very good sign, there was nothing even resembling pride that would prevent Chain from getting help when he could use it, “This should go smoothly then. I'm ready whenever you two are, and if I hadn't said it before, thanks for the help!â€

Suddenly everything was looking up, what could possibly go wrong?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dirgun laughs saying "yeah we got familiars this is fang he's a twisted personality and thats kanya shes mischiveous wolf their brother and sister crazy and calm thats how you can compare the two of them and im the crazy owner of the crazy dog dude were about to have some fun now and if you think im bad wait till you meet grim he is insane for me." dirgun starts to get up ready to go get this stone golem.

Looking back, Chain wasn't quite sure how he'd gotten to this point. Within a very short period of meeting two complete strangers, both capable of erasing him from this game with ease, he'd not only accepted an item from them without question but then traveled alone with them to a remote location.

Oddly enough he was okay with it. Sure this whole situation resembled a van driving around a school that said, “Free Candy!†on the side but something felt like maybe it wasn't a trap. Maybe, and just this one time, there really was free candy.

Besides, these two didn't seem like bad people. They were just a few years younger than he was, and that wasn't their fault. That actually made this a bit more tragic; these two were stuck in a game of death and they hadn't even been to prom yet.

I wonder if they even fully understand what it means to be stuck here, is this just a game to them?

It didn't matter though, to get much further Chain needed help. Not just from other characters, but also enough power to help himself. A familiar was very necessary in that respect.

“Okay, I'm not trying to come off as a huge noob, but I am one, so it would be really cool if I could just follow you two from this point.†Chain shamelessly sported his ' I'm sort of desperate so please help me ' smile.

No worry... Ruri said as she took the 'leader' roll and she looks at her map. She finds a small castle near here. There should be some guard golems near the castle entrance. she says as she walks in a forward direction. She finds the castle in front of her finally. Dirgun and Chain trailing behind her. She smiled at the medieval castle. Her eyes glittered at a smaller golem with great strength and a larger one with more of a 'laziness' trait. So just feed the one you want as a familiar and they shall follow you, or you can show your power to them and gain their guidance. As you level up your golem has minus four health from your own. she smiles toward Chain, her new friend... along as her boyfriend Dirgun.

dirgun looked at the new guy saying "looks like my girlfriend thinks your alright so lets be friend you should go feed your golem but be careful those things are strong if you piss them off they will attack and that would suck. dirgun looked at the guy thinking he was okay dirgun added him to his friends list.

dirgun saw ruri hide he goes over and says "ruri come on stay behind me and you will be fine i will never let anything happen to you because i care to much to let anything happen just let this guy feed his golem then we can go and do something fun what do you say to that." dirgun ets between the golem and ruri waiting for rhe player to feed it.

OOC: Sorry, ended up getting sucked into a BBQ team for memorial day, we made enough BBQ to feed 1700 people :shock: . I'm still smell like smoke in places i can't comfortably mention online.

IC:

Supposedly here was this period of 'time' between setting off and arriving. Chain didn't remember any of it. Maybe it's because he was a little nervous about feeding a golem, or possibly (and most likely) he'd been in a form of shock, either way it left him little time to mentally prepare for what he was about to do. Eventually, about the time they arrived, he remembered something very important. He needed to make a plan.

He also remembered that the plan needed to be done about five minutes ago.

Crap. He thought internally, or at least really hoped he had, It's okay though, all i need to do is stop a little short, tell these guys thanks for their help, and then figure out what I'm going to do. As long as we don't make any contact with these things I'll have plenty of time to...

"Hello, how may we help you in this magnificent Golem Village?" The massive beast interrupted. The beast might as well been half wall, with the other half made of rock that was big enough to make a makeshift wall.

Double crap.

Chain's mind went in a thousand different directions, and only about two of them were productive. How do you feed a golem? Is it through the mouth? His list of other 'points of entry' for food weren't very optimistic. Aren't golems mindless automation that act only upon what they're commanded to do? Has there ever been a golem named rocky, and if so did it hate whoever named him?

"So, what do you want?" The golem said in a strong voice. "Does he speak?" A light blue fire burned in the golem's eyes that contrasted with the deep black of its stone body. Veins of this blue traveled throughout it's entire body as if holding the individual rocks together. As its jaw moved to speak Chain noticed that the rocks didn't grind together but instead seemed to glide using the fire as a lubricant.

Yes i can speak! Chain thought loudly, his voice ironically not finding an outlet.

Being unable to respond verbally the player decided to hold out the yellow veined stone which still held a small amount of charge, the similarity of which to the smaller golem in the back remained lost on him.

She larger golem came closer to the figure. He saw the rock and picked it up, eating it thought it's mouth.. "Hmm, delectable I shall travel with you!" It said as Chained found a large pop up came in front of him, it had read 'what would you like to name your familiar?' Ruri smiled at chained "Congrats man!" She congratulated him.

The rock was plucked from his hands with an improbably delicacy, especially considering the golem's size and consistency. It was actually a bit disconcerting having a beast that large and hard in appearance being gentle.

"Hmm, delectable I shall travel with you!" Large stone jaws moved up and down, crushing the veined rock (or food, i guess it was food) and sending sharp bouts of electricity throughout the light blue fire of the golem's body.

That... worked?

Throughout life Chain adamantly subscribed to the, "If it appears too good to be true, it is," theory, but today had to be some sort of exception of the rest of reality. He'd found two strangers, both of which didn't kill him. Instead they actually helped him. Secondly, the journey to his quest was smooth and simple (nearly) from start to finish. And lastly, and by far most importantly, it looked as if he now had a giant bodyguard.

After years of an unwarranted and unhealthy distaste towards rock, an inanimate object Chain knew could in no way be responsible for their actions, rocks had come to make amends and give him a giant bodyguard. Life was looking up, and it rocked.

"So big guy, or should i say" Chain entered a name into the selection menu, "Boulder, do you have the stones it takes to stick with me?"

"Why i think i just may have a few of those!" It was a good answer. Heck, it was a great answer, the only problem was it was coming from the wrong place. The player looked up from the confirmation screen to where the golem used to be.

Nothing.

Nothing that is, until he looked a bit lower and saw all two feet of what remained of his new companion. "Where in the world did the rest of you go?" Chain asked, a little bit too high pitched.

"Hmmm? You didn't know? You players never seem to do your research... didn't you know that a golem's size scales with the level of their companion?"

Suddenly pebble seemed much more appropriate name than boulder.

"Thanks, but no thanks," Chain's reply seemed to have traveled over a great distance. His head was hung low, and movements seemed to be excessively labored.

Why does this always happen to me? A dark cloud of depression took residence over Chained. I try... i try so hard and what am i rewarded with? The character looked over his shoulder at the tiny golem that gleefully followed.

His skulking became visibly more intense.

"Thanks so much for the help you two." Chain choked the words out as he shuffled between both characters that had helped him complete this quest. His head had lowered so much by this point that all he saw were feet.

"You really should be more polite to those that helped you Chained" the smug little jerk chided, then turned to address the couple, "Thank you very much for your assistance, we're eternally in your debt. If you two ever find yourself in need, please feel free to ask for assistance!"

I hate him more. I didn't think it would be possible but i already hate him more.