SKILLS

NON-COMBAT
»

PASSIVE
»  

HOUSING SKILLS
» RESTED: -1 Energy cost for the first two expenditures in a thread
» WORKING: +2 EXP per crafting attempt
» TASTY: Turn 2 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Lesser Feast.
» RELAXED: Increases HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts
» ANGLER: +1 material gained when fishing
» BASIC TRAINING: +1 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month.

COMBAT SKILLS
» 

EXTRA SKILLS
»

WEAPON SKILLS
» CURVED SWORD MASTERY RANK 1
      +1 DMG WHEN CURVED SWORD IS EQUIPPED
»
 KATANA MASTERY RANK 1

+1 DMG WHEN KATANA IS EQUIPPED

ARMOR SKILLS
» 

SWORD ARTS
» [x1 AoE] Tsumuji Guruma (1 Energy +2 per target hit) - A simple sword art that spins the user on their heel to slash in every direction.
» [x2 Stun] Ukifune (5 Energy) - Knocks the opponent high into the air.
» [x2] Han'ei (2 energy) - Two fast swings with the length of the katana blade

EQUIPMENT

WEAPONS
» [EQUIPPED] "NAJARALA" - KATANA (T1- PERFECT)
      PARALYTIC VENOM (OFFENSE)

KEEN

DMG

ARMOR
» [EQUIPPED] << LIBRARIUM OVERCOAT >> (T1 PERFECT)

+1 EVA

+1 EVA

+1 EVA

» [EQUIPPED] << AZURE TIGHTS >> (T1 PERFECT)

+9 MIT

+9 MIT

+1 SAVVY

FAMILIAR
» n/a

INVENTORY

TOOLS
>> CUSTOM AMBITION TOOL (+1 CD)
VANITY ITEMS

BATTLE READY ITEMS
>>  3 HEALING POTIONS
>>  1 YUI'S GRACE

Oscar doubled back to speak with Lyle Tealeaf. He'd done a few quests since he unlocked this one, so he hoped that he would still be able to complete it. Lo and behold, the quest was still available from the NPC in his forge. Oscar accepted the quest and Lyle Tealeaf began to regale him about how he was out of materials and needed someone to go out and find some for him. Oscar sighed, ready to go fight more boars and turned to head out. When he did, he ran smack dab into another player, presumably here to accept the same beginner quest.

"What's the big idea? Watch where you're going," Oscar said in reflex. Living in a big city in the real world had made him adopt some less-than-ideal conversational habits. He collected himself and gave the stranger an apologetic look. "Sorry, force of habit. Are you okay? I didn't hurt you or anything, did I?"

Edited by Oscar

Kirbs wasn't really sure why she was back in Lyle's shop. She hadn't been here in ages but she decided to stop by the old man to see what he was doing. She had already had a quick conversation with Zackiriah earlier this morning so she was like, 'hell, why don't I just go see the whole gang'. 

What she didn't expect, however, was a man running into her with a not so polite greeting. The redhead briefly glared at him, and almost was about to give him a retort back but she let it go when he apologized. Jesus, you have all the time in the world here, slow down a bit!

"I'm fine," she mumbled, "are you okay?" She asked, looking up at the stranger. He must be here to take the second tutorial quest. Interesting.

Scarfy let out a low hiss at the voice of an unfamiliar person. Perhaps that kid trying to steal him gave him some trauma or something, but he was never really this keen on revealing himself to complete strangers. That, or he was just as sleepy as she was. "Don't mind him," she said quickly, not wanting to freak out the stranger. "He's just... moody."

"I'm fine," Oscar began, his eyes fixed upon the hissing Scarfy. "I... I really don't know how to respond to that one, boss." Aincrad was a trippy place. Oscar genuinely thought Kayaba was high when he made this game. Never would he have imagined that he would be hissed at by a ferret-lizard, but here he was, doing just that. At least it was cute. Otherwise, Oscar might have been offended.

"I really am sorry for my outburst. I live in a big city in the real world so when someone bumps into me, that's the default response." His accent would probably give away where he lived, but he didn't mind. Wasn't like he had to worry about anyone trying to steal his identity if they were stuck in the game as well. Regardless, maybe this meeting was quite fortuitous. This lady appeared quite experienced and, perhaps, she would be able to give him some pointers if she saw him fighting. "I hate to bother you, but Lyle here wants me to go kill some boars. Would you mind watching me fight and give me a few pointers if I need 'em?"

She shrugged. She's seen almost every reaction to Scarfy and it was just routine to her right now. "Yeah, he's a special one," she replied. Scarfy let out a low chortle before placing his head back down on her collarbone, though his eyes were still trained on the man in front of them. Maybe he doesn't want to be kidnapped again?

"I see," she mumbled, furrowing her brows. He definitely had an American accent... but where had she heard that type of accent again? She couldn't really remember.

"I lived in a big city, too." 

Though, she didn't really remember Londoners being like that every time they bumped into someone. Maybe it was some kind of American thing?

She shrugged, it's not really like she was going to do anything today, anyway. If he hadn't asked her, she would probably be trying to nap back at her shop. "Sure, I don't mind. Just lead the way, mate."

Spoiler

COMBAT ENCOUNTER

Boar Pup 1
HP: 5
DMG: 3

Boar Pup 2

Boar Pup 3

Oscar was quite happy to be wandering about with someone who could give him some feedback on his gameplay. He led the way as they walked out of the Town of Beginnings and into the field. Soon enough, they came across the Quest Targets. A group of Boar Pups quickly surrounded Oscar as he drew Najarala. The golden blade of the katana took on a pink glow as he activated <<Tsumuji Gurama>> to dispatch them all at once. He spun on his heels, Najarala's deadly edge carving through the boars one after the other. They exploded into a shower of fractals as Oscar sliced through them. Two of the boars even dropped some loot. Upon collecting it, Oscar was quite happy to see that he had obtained two of the quest items. He turned to the woman with a smile.

"I know they were weak enemies but how was my form? And it just hit me, I didn't ask your name. I'm Oscar!"

Spoiler

Oscar: HP: 120 | EN: 12 - 7 + 1 = 6 | DMG: 5 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 18

Oscar uses <<Tsumuji Gurama>> on Boar Pup 1. BD: 6. Deal 5 DMG. Boar Pup 1 is defeated. ID: 120854
Oscar uses <<Tsumuji Gurama>> on Boar Pup 2. BD: 10. Deal 7 DMG. Boar Pup 2 is defeated. ID: 120855
Oscar uses <<Tsumuji Gurama>> on Boar Pup 3. BD:8. Deal 5 DMG. Boar Pup 3 is defeated. ID: 120856

Oscar attempts to loot Boar Pup 1. LD: 16. Boar Pup Tusk found! ID: 120857
Oscar attempts to loot Boar Pup 2. LD: 8. Nothing found! ID: 120858
Oscar attempts to loot Boar Pup 3. LD: 20 Boar Pup Tusk found! ID: 120859

Edited by Oscar

Kirbs fell back on a small patch of grass as she watched the nameless stranger engage in battle with the boar pups. He certainly looked skilled with that katana of his. Her also looked way better than her when she first did this quest. Hell, she was still using her dagger at the time. The redhead silently sulked in her memories as she thought about the past. What was Bell doing when she was doing this quest? Was he waiting for her? Was in he exploring? Or was he just cooped up in an inn like she was for a few years? 

Bell.

Bell.

Her mind always revolved around him, now. She hated it. She already felt guilty as is. Why did his frekin' ghost have to haunt her thoughts, too?

"Get out of my head," she whispered, looking down at the grass with such ferocity, she was scared she was going to make two giant, flaming holes in the ground. "Just get out."

ID: 120867

LD: 2, Fail

Spoiler

COMBAT ENCOUNTER

Boar Pup 1

Boar Pup 2

Boar Pup 3

Spoiler

Oscar: HP: 120 | EN: 6 + 1 - 6 + 1 = 2 | DMG: 5 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 18

Oscar uses <<Tsumuji Gurama>> on Boar Pup 1. BD: 7. Deal 5 DMG. Boar Pup 1 is defeated. ID: 120868
Oscar uses <<Tsumuji Gurama>> on Boar Pup 2. BD: 3. Miss. ID: 120869
Oscar uses <<Tsumuji Gurama>> on Boar Pup 3. BD:10. Deal 7 DMG. Boar Pup 3 is defeated. ID: 120870

Oscar attempts to loot Boar Pup 1. LD: 7. Nothing Found! ID: 120871
Boar Pup 2 attempts to Gore Oscar! (MD: 5 - 3EVA = 2). Miss ID: 120869
Oscar attempts to loot Boar Pup 3. LD: 7 Nothing found! ID: 120872

It appeared that the woman was having a moment. Oscar decided to back off and give her some space. He'd dealt with enough people in his career as a social worker to know what when people started randomly spouting out of context phrases to give them plenty of space until their little meltdown was over. It was a good thing too. Because three more boars showed up. Oscar quickly used another <<Tsumuji Gurama>> and dispatched all but one of them. The survivor tried to gore Oscar with his tusks, but missed thanks to Oscar's insane evasion bonuses. Evading an attack activated Savvy, which would make it easier for Oscar to hit his target next turn.

He brought his sword down in front of him and it bloomed with a surge of pink energy. Oscar charged up Han'ei to dispatch this boar quickly and easily. That is, unless the woman snapped out of it and decided to help him out. Either way, he was good.

Edited by Oscar

Kirbs hugged her knees to herself and sighed. Life was hard. Super duper hard. Did the universe really hate her that much? 

The redhead massaged her temples and inwardly groaned as she tried to shoo the thought away. God damn it. Can't she just have a single day where everything in her life didn't seem to go to [sugar honey iced tea]? Apparently, the universe just wants to screw her over a dozen times. Fun, right? Yeah, no.

She pried her eyes open and really, really tried her best to focus on Oscar. Oh right. He said his name. Duh. 

"Uhm, I'm Kirbs by the way!" She called out, fumbling with her fingers. Damn, she must seem like an idiot. A real big arse idiot. She face-palmed herself and sighed. Where did the bubbly Kirbs go? She swore, she must've mistaken it somewhere. Maybe she left it in the closet?

ID: 120878

LD: 18, +1 Mat

Total Materials: 1

Spoiler

Oscar: HP: 120 | EN: 2 - 1 + 1 = 2 | DMG: 5 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 18 | ID: 120900

Oscar uses <<Basic Attack>> on Boar Pup 2. BD: 8 + 1 + 1 = 10. Deal 5 DMG. Keen activates. Savvy deactivates. Boar Pup 2 dies.

Oscar attempts to loot Boar Pup 2. LD: 7. Nothing found.

Oscar successfully managed to slay the final Boar Pup. Unfortunately, it didn't drop any materials. He saw that his new friend, who had finally introduced herself as Kirbs, was sitting with her knees to her chest in the grass. Clearly, something was bothering her. And it was a good thing that Oscar was a licensed Therapist. He sheathed Najarala and sat down next to the girl. She could probably use someone to vent to, at the very least. This game did very serious psychological damage to people. No one had really had any therapy available in this trying time. Oscar was beginning to feel the effects himself.

"So, wanna talk about what's bothering you? I may not look like it but back in the real world I was a social worker with a degree is psychology. Might be able to help you out of this funk you find yourself in."

Edited by Oscar

"H-huh?" 

The daze she was in was suddenly uplifted when she realized that Oscar was sitting next to her-- to which Scarfy did not appreciate very much. 

She hugged her knees tighter and shook her head. "I don't need help," she muttered like a child. No one could help her. They all thought they could, but they can't. They can't help her. No one can. What would help her was having that damned Pinball's head on a damn stake. Everything would be so, so much better if she could just watch his body burn in hell. To make him pay. That murderer deserved no damn remorse from her. He took something from her and now she was going to take something from him.

"Don't mind me," she said, having herself up. "Let's just go back to Lyle's and finish this quest." She placed her hands in her pockets and gestured for him to follow. She needed to get out-- or a better way to put it, in. She wanted to be back in her shop, with her thoughts.

"You very clearly do kid," Oscar began, planting his feet on the ground. His words cut through the air, sharper than any blade. He saw straight through her. Because he was her. She was so caught up in despair and anger that she was just wallowing in it. It was slowly, but surely, suffocating her. "People who indignantly say that they don't need any help are generally the ones who need it the most. You can stay caught up in your anger and your grief. And you'll die. If you don't approach this game with a level head, you. Will. Die. And when - not if - that happens, are you gonna go silently into that good night with no regrets? No. You're going to look back at this very moment, when someone threw you a life vest and you were too stubborn to take it. And you're gonna wish you'd taken the time to try and help yourself. So make your choice. Life or death. You decide at right now which you want."

Oscar had quite a particular knack for getting through to stubborn patients. Confronting them on their nonsense was a sure-fire way to get them to lash out. And when they did, he would get a thread to pull on. And then another. Until eventually they've had a full-on psychotherapy session, but they were too angry to realize it.

"No, I don't," she said stubbornly, almost wincing at the ferocity in his words. 

He's wrong. 

They're all wrong.

She shrugged, hugging her arms together. "Guess I'll die, then," she mumbled, shooting him a small glare. Who did he think he was? He didn't know anything. He didn't know what she had gone through to be at this point in the game. The things she had to witness. The things she had to endure. No, no. He didn't know it at all. No one would understand her, and no one ever will. She hasn't regretted any choices she's made after she found out. This was all happening for a reason. She was like this for a reason. And what was he even going to do, kill her? She could take him down in one swoop if she wanted to. It should be her who was asking if it was a life or death situation, not him.

"Then there's a cliff. If you're so certain you want to die, walk off of it." Oscar didn't usually take this tactic with patients but this was an exigent circumstance. Now was time to go in for the kill. He knew good and well she didn't want to die. But she didn't want to live either. He would do his utmost to fix that last one. "But if there's anything you have to live for, live for it. If you've lost anyone, you owe it to them to live. Not just go through the motions, but actually live your life. Realize that we're not going to be stuck in here forever and there's something waiting for you on the other side. This is a bad part of the story, but it's not the whole story. You're more than the hardships you've endured. All the people who have been sacrificed to try and save everyone else from this game are worth more than the honor you're giving them. You and they deserve more than what you're putting yourself through. And make no mistake about it, you have to be the one to defeat your demons. The first step is asking for help when you so very clearly need it."

She stayed silent for a second as she listened to him give her a lecture. She silently gnawed on the inside of her cheek as she averted her eyes to the ground.

"... the people who have been sacrificed to try and save everyone else from this game..."

Frontliners. She almost laughed bitterly as she thought about them. Oh, how she wanted to be them. She wasn't even fighting to get out of this game anymore. She was fighting for revenge. Revenge. Revenge. That's all that mattered now. She didn't care if she was stuck in this game for all eternity, anymore. Hell, she wanted to stay in here. She couldn't kill Pinball in the real world, right? She was going to have to do it in here.

"... you have to be the one to defeat your demons..."

She felt like the demon. What was she going to do? Defeat herself? 

"For the last time," she exclaimed, shooting him another glare. "I. Don't. Need. Help." What did he take her for? Some kind of mental institution patient? She wasn't crazy. No, she was worse. 

Oscar let out a resigned sigh and shrugged his shoulders. "You just said you'd rather die than accept help. That's the very definition of someone in need." All this indignation was merely a defense mechanism. A rather sturdy one, at that. All of his poking and prodding had barely scratched it. He knew when the throw in the towel, at least temporarily. He cycled through his menu and sent the woman a friend request. "When you realize what I, as someone who used to get paid good money to know these things, know. Come find me. When you're ready to start living, I'll help you get back to shore. But just keep this in mind, Kirbs. Sometimes, we can be our own worst enemy."

And then he began to walk away. He still had a boar tusk to find and he wasn't getting anywhere with Kirbs. Best to call it quits for now and hope she realizes she needs help before something horrible happens. A healthy amount of distance was necessary in his line of work.

She stared at the window for a second before looking back up at him with a glare. "I'm not lost," she spat. This guy was getting on her nerves. She hated all those damn people who thought they could help. She wasn't lost. She was grounded. It was everyone else who was lost, not her. She quickly declined his friend request and narrowed her eyes at him. "I know that." He was literally talking to the girl who literally battled herself. That witch. 

The redhead rolled her eyes as she followed after him. What? He was going back to town-- it wasn't like she was going to stay out there when she could be doing some grinding on the upper floors, but she made sure to stay a far distance away from. She was afraid she was going crack if she had to listen to any more of his [sugar honey iced tea].

Spoiler

COMBAT ENCOUNTER

Boar Pup 1

Boar Pup 2

Boar Pup 3

Oscar sighed and turned back around to face Kirbs. He looked her dead in the eyes with an apologetic expression. "Look, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to overstep my bounds or anything. I just... I see someone who I think is in need of help and I get a little overzealous. I hope you can forgive my words from before." Truth be told, Oscar still thought she needed help, but he also didn't want to make any enemies. Especially enemies that may or may not be unstable. Best to try to bury the hatchet now than let the wounds fester. Before she could respond, Oscar noticed a set of Boars in AoE range and dashed over to them. He whipped out his sword and spun in around him, only managing to dispatch one. The other two tried to counterattack, but Oscar nimbly dodged their blows. He managed to find time to loot while the Boar Pups whiffed their attacks and was happy to find his last Boar Pup Tusk. His hit activated his Keen enhancement while his dodging activated Savvy. Now much more accurate, Oscar would probably be able to end the combat next turn.

Spoiler

Oscar HP 120 | EN 12 | ACC 0 | EVA 3 | MIT 18

Oscar uses <<Tsumuji Gurama>> on Boar Pup 1 ID: 121122 BD: 3 Miss!
Oscar uses <<Tsumuji Gurama>> on Boar Pup 2 ID: 121123 BD: 3 Miss!
Oscar uses <<Tsumuji Gurama>> on Boar Pup 3 ID: 121124 BD: 8 Deal 5 DMG. Boar Pup 3 dies. Keen activates.

Boar Pup 1 attacks Oscar. BD: 6 - 3 = 3. Miss! Savvy Activates.
Boar Pup 2 attacks Oscar. BD: 7 - 3 = 4. Miss!

Oscar loots Boar Pup 3. ID: 121125. LD: 19. Boar Pup Tusk found.

Edited by Oscar

She stopped abruptly and narrowed her eyes at him. He wasn't going to get off the hook that easily.

"Okay," she said plainly. Oh, how she wanted to say a lot more, but she didn't want to hear another earful of remarks from his so she just brushed it aside. 

Kirbs turned her heel and sighed as she watched him dash away to kill a couple more boars. She didn't bother sitting down this time, it was more work to stand up, anyway. 

Her fingers itched to be doing something with her spear. She needed to let off some steam. It's been a while since she's hunted alone and not with people. Why is every time she goes somewhere, she meets people like Oscar or people she knows? Can't she just be alone for one day? Why is her room the only safe place she knows, now? She was never safe from people anymore. 

Spoiler

COMBAT ENCOUNTER

Boar Pup 1

Boar Pup 2

A second <<Tsumuji Gurama>> dispatched the Boar Pups easily. He didn't bother to loot the boars because he already had all of the materials he needed to turn in to Lyle Tealeaf. With the combat ended, Oscar sheathed his blade and sighed. Another quest complete. He was excited where this next quest would lead him. It wasn't as if a game this big only had two Tutorial Quests. He turned to Kirbs with a smile, still apologetic from his display earlier. "I've got what I need now. I'm gonna head back to town. You feel up for gathering some materials later? I'm kinda in need of them." He really wanted to befriend this woman. Perhaps if he did, then he might be able to help her. But even if he couldn't help, Oscar didn't have many friends in Aincrad. Bahr was his only one. Perhaps a mindless grind of resources and enemies would be just what the doctor ordered to help her at least cope with this funk she was in.

Spoiler

Oscar uses <<Tsumuji Gurama>> on Boar 1. BD: 6 +2 . Deal 5 DMG. Boar 1 Dies.
Oscar uses <<Tusmuji Gurama>> on Boar 2. BD: 5 + 2. Deal 5 DMG. Boar 2 Dies.

Edited by Oscar

She tilted her head at him and narrowed her eyes cautiously-- Scarfy, funnily, mimicking her movements as well. 

"Alright," she murmured, giving him one more weird look before turning her heel and facing the other way. "See you later, mate," she gave him a back wave and returned to her route back to the town, not sparing a second glance to Oscar. 

He almost reminded her of Alec and Bahr, and she hated it. All of them were trying too hard to 'help' her. Every single one of them didn't bloody understand! There was nothing wrong with her, and it made her furious that people were assuming that something was. Everywhere she looked, it's always the same face. She could see it. Pity, sympathy, even empathy. Oh, some people might've gone through the things she has, but no, no. They weren't her. She was going to do something about. She was going to change things.