[SP-F1] To Become an Artisan <<Earning a Living>>(Artisan)

Aldinago continued his explanation. "They wanted me to clear out a section of a floor of their materials, and to keep clearing the same area out until I'd accumulated a hundred materials! Then they wanted me to get someone to chase after me in a hostile manner, and I would have to get away until I am far away enough for a certain amount of time, or be out of sight long enough! They said they had more potential tests, but they wouldn't tell me until I finished their tasks!" Dazia listened to what he had to say. "Alright, now for the new questions you sparked in me. Why did they speak of me? How did I pique their interest? Could they have possibly thought you already had some actually effective light armor, which should be common knowledge to you?" Dazia simply wanted the information, and she did not trust this player enough to spare him, for she believed he would just be a thorn in her side if she let him live. She may have started the fight, but he was foolish enough to piss her off.

[Nothing happens, the combatants rest to regain energy]

[G]Dazia: HP 242/260EN 3/26, | 6 DMG |  23 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 LD

Enemies:

[O]Aldinago: HP 28/180EN 5/18, | 6 DMG |  6 LD

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"They began to speak of you, and how you had passed a secret test, something about killing some fool they'd threatened into committing hostile actions!" Some Fool? It was someone she'd killed before, so was it Lupix, or Wardege? Either way, this guild did not seem like one she would associate herself with, given the information she'd just heard. "Stop right there, did they mention the name of who it was that I killed?" Aldinago had never heard the name of who it was his former guildmates-to-be had threatened. "The hell do I know!" "Alright then, be that way. Answer the other questions, then I may have more for you." Aldinago continued. "They were considering recruiting you, actually, they just didn't know when the right time was... Listen, if you were to have killed me, that would just make things worse for us both. I'd be dead, and you would have more enemies than you could handle!"

[G]Dazia: HP 242/260EN 4/26, | 6 DMG |  23 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 LD

Enemies:

[O]Aldinago: HP 28/180EN 6/18, | 6 DMG |  6 LD

"They say that their leader has been looking into you, and the things you've done. Who knows what would happen if something were to go wrong, especially while he's got eyes on you! As for the armor, I hardly had enough col, and I was already expected to carry out the tasks given to me!" Dazia heard the last answers he gave. "He's right about one potential thing, I could have more enemies... However, my kill would be legal, and I could easily say that he got overconfident, and attacked me first, thinking I was a weakling. I simply retaliated, and the situation of kill or be killed kicked into play...yes, that ought to avoid unnecessary strife...until I'm properly prepared for it, that is..." She thought. "Well then, maybe you should have prepared yourself before being briefed on the tasks. You could have even asked them for a chance to prepare yourself."

[G]Dazia: HP 242/260EN 5/26, | 6 DMG |  23 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 LD

Enemies:

[O]Aldinago: HP 28/180EN 7/18, | 6 DMG |  6 LD

Dazia looked to her energy level. She had just enough to finish off Aldinago, and the fool would never see her coming. "Alright...no more questions. You won't have to say anything anymore...permanently." Aldinago's eyes widened. "W-wait, you don't need to threaten me! I'll be silent!" Dazia rolled her eyes. "Do you take me for a fool? You'll go back to your old ways and alert your allies of me if I was to let you go!" She attacked him with the Sword Art known as Neutron before he had a chance to respond. "Wait, wait! NOOOOOOOO!!!!!" Aldinago took the full force of the attack. He crumpled to the ground, and glared at Dazia. "Any last words?" Dazia asked. Aldinago saw his HP drop to zero. He glared at Dazia one last time, as he said, "I'll see you in hell, you merciless bi*ch..." His avatar fell limp and shattered. He was dead.

120 Dark Points have been added to Dazia's Journal(See Journal for details)

Dazia's alignment has been affected!

The shadows gather near Dazia's heart as she begins to accept them...

(Dazia)ID# 121138 BD: 5+1=6(Hit)

(Aldinago)ID#

Neutron: 6x5=30 damage dealt to Aldinago, Aldinago is now dead

[G]Dazia: HP 242/260EN 0/26, | 6 DMG |  23 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 LD

Enemies:

[O]Aldinago: HP 0/180EN 7/18, | 6 DMG |  6 LD

Edited by Dazia

Dazia noticed that the loot menu didn't appear for Dazia when Aldinago died. She received nothing from killing him. Not a single coin, nor a single gemstone, received from his demise. "Damn, maybe I should have demanded that he relinquished his loot to me before I killed him." She took a look around the cavern room. It seemed to be the deepest area of the cavern, a final room. Perhaps there was something other than materials here? Upon taking a detailed look around, it was apparently not so. Then again, even if there was, it had probably already been looted by the thief she killed. Nothing else would be here, save for several lit torches. She picked up a torch with her right hand after she sheathed her weapon, and she would leave the room, hoping there was still an overlooked material somewhere in the cavern... With the orange scout gone, she could continue her work mostly unhindered.

ID# 121139 LD: 5+2=7(No chest found)

Edited by Dazia

Dazia searched the rooms that she had chased Aldinago through, but it was clear that he had already cleaned the rooms out. She sighed in frustration, and moved on towards the other rooms. Still nothing so far. She received a message from Yinangi.

To: Dazia

Subject: Everything Alright?

Dazia, I just noticed that Valna sent a message to someone regarding a message someone else sent to her. She claimed it was about you. Is everything ok where you are?

-Yinangi

It had only been like, six minutes, and already things were happening. Moreover, it involved her, but what was it even about? Maybe she should try to message Valna.

To: Valna

Subject: What's going on?

Yinangi just sent me a message asking me if everything was ok where I was, because you somehow noticed that something was off. Tell me, what's going on?

-Dazia

Upon sending the message, she would return to her search.

ID# 121140 LD: 6+2=8(Nothing found)

Edited by Dazia

She saw the glimmer of an amethyst, and she pulled out her pick and used it to obtain the material. Now she had all five. She received a message from Valna about a minute after. 

To: Dazia

Subject: What is going on?

Dazia, whatever you had just done, it angered two players. I know them both to be killers of a higher level than yours. I'll confide, I'm more than just an informant. I'm kind of an espionage sometimes. I have sent an acquaintance of mine to the first floor in order to track them down. You need to run. Now.

-Valna

If what Valna claimed was true, then she really did need to run. She had the minimum five materials, so the moment she saw daylight, she dropped the torch and ran out of the cavern. Aldinago had practically cleared out the place, so there wasn't any more use sticking around like a sitting duck.

ID# 121141 LD: 16+2=18(Found 1 T1 Material)

5/5 Materials found. Minimum obtained, objective complete.

Edited by Dazia

Dazia would flee into the forest, hoping to not be found right in the open. There were sometimes materials practically anywhere, so she figured she'd poke around the flora, hoping to see if there were any artisan materials she could uncover. She had no such luck. She continued on through the forest for quite some time, and she would soon spot two players up ahead. She'd been going in the wrong direction this whole time. She began to back away slowly, in case the two in question were the ones Valna said to watch out for. One would point in her direction, and Dazia knew this would be the time to start running. She bolted to her left, running through the trees and bushes, hoping to make a fast getaway. She would climb up one of the trees, hoping that the players wouldn't have this kind of agility. If these were the ones Valna spoke of, she would only hope that there was an available escape route at all times.

ID# 121142 LD: 2+2=4(Nothing found)

Edited by Dazia

The two players arrived faster than Dazia anticipated. "There she is!" She looked down to see the two players staring at her. One of them pulled out a two-handed axe from his inventory, and with a mighty swing, cleaved through the tree with little effort. The other player would shove at the tree, causing it to tip over. "Timber!" Dazia saw a material lodged inside the other tree, and she would attempt to leap to that tree, but she didn't make it there. The tree she was on crashed to the ground, and Dazia sustained minor fall damage. The two orange players laughed at their simple solution to the problem Dazia had posed for them. Clearly, it would take more than something simple as that to get them off her tail. "Not so tough now, are you? Why are you so afraid, when you spared no minute to butcher Aldinago?"

ID# 121143 LD: 7+2=9(Nothing found)

Edited by Dazia

"Oh, I knew you'd come." Was all Dazia said as she backed away. The two players looked at each other, confused. "How could you possibly know that we were coming?" Asked the first one. The second one, with the same exact expression, was a bit suspicious. "You're not trying to fool us or anything, are ya? You think we're dumber than you?" While the two were speaking, another orange player, one that Dazia recognized from that event on the fourth floor, came up to them from behind, a Katana in his hand. Dazia smirked. "And what if there are those you shouldn't be trusting, who you speak to on almost anything..." The first one noticed Dazia was looking at something behind them. "...What?" The orange player charged his sword art and attacked him. The second one put two and two together. "Damn it, that bi*ch Valna fooled us!" The first one looked back to his HP, which was already yellow, and started to panic. He ran off, his courage gone. The orange player that was clearly sent by Valna looked to the second one. "Go ahead and run if you don't want to get stabbed." The player who's partner had ran off looked to Dazia. "This ain't over, you little bi*ch! You'll pay for this one day!" Upon saying that, he fled.

Dazia took off her cowl, and the orange player looked slightly surprised to see Dazia. "...Not you again..." Of course that would be his response. "What? Do you have a problem with me?" The orange player returned to a stoic expression. "I do when I'm being chased around Aincrad by you. I just...I prefer a little extra space with others like you...even Valna, I just...well, I owed her. Now, if you'll excuse me..." He pulled out a crystal from his inventory after he turned around. He muttered something to the crystal, and he would teleport away. Of course, Dazia would find a set of gear and a note in front of where he stood. She would pick up the note and read it.

Whoever the hell you are:

If you intend to fight against that Guild if you think you're ready, then I'm sure you'll have more use for this thing than I do. I took it off someone from the guild who surrendered. It's a cloak for the guild's Murder division, despite that this one's just some vanity gear to go over everything else. In case you wanted to know, my username is Valan'Dûn, please don't go looking for me.

Dazia picked up the gear, and decided to stow it away in her inventory for now. If it really was what Valan'Dûn claimed it was, she would have use for it later on. It wasn't going to fit her, so she'd probably have to find a fairly skilled tailor to make her one, if she ever hoped of infiltrating the guild, assuming there are enough members for it to be considered large. She took another look around, not a single material in sight.

ID# 121144 LD: 9+2=11(Nothing found)

Valan'Dûn:

Spoiler

1543122219_Screenshot2019-08-08at7_30_19PM.png.62da0ca0d1cbb5017ec761d8921951ac.png

Edited by Dazia

There was nothing else for Dazia to do, but head back, while keeping her eyes out for any materials or threats. All throughout the journey back to the town of beginnings, there was not a single artisan material in sight...She would have to do what she could with what little she had, it seemed. she made her way along the path back to town, and when she was drawing near the gate, she would see Yinangi rushing out of the gate, moving at top speed. She saw Dazia and ran over to her. "Dazia!! I was so worried about you! What happened? What did you do??" Dazia would be blunt about it, but not one hundred percent honest. "While I was in the cavern, I encountered...resistance. There was this orange player, a scout in terms of build. He was taking and hoarding all the materials in the area. Thanks to him, I only managed to get five...of course, I was placed into a position where I had to kill him, so there was that little issue."

ID# 121148 LD: 8+2=10(nothing found)

Edited by Dazia

Yinangi put her fists on her hips as she looked to the side and let out a huff. "Why are there so many people like that? They hoard, steal, kill, and they don't even remotely care! Is everyone being driven nuts by this game?" Dazia shrugged. "I guess we'll never know for sure." A familiar cloaked figure came near. It was Valna. "I've been wondering what happened...so it was all because of some thief in the Corvid Brotherhood?" "Yes." "I see. So they retaliated just like that...all for this? They must be really reactive lately." Dazia turned to look at Valna. This informant/espionage, who can sneak pretty well, is of the scout build, and is also taller than Dazia by about five inches. Her physical build, now that Dazia was taking a detailed look, rather than a glance, seemed familiar... "I remember when you spoke of me earlier, as if you knew about me. I've got the feeling that it's more than I originally believed. And your voice...I'm sure of it, I know who you are. You may take off your cowl, Hiraani." Valna took off her cowl, showing a face that would prove Dazia to be correct. "It's been a long time since I last saw you, Violet. Being apart from your siblings like this must be a new experience for you, am I right?"

Valna:

Spoiler

Valna.jpeg.ea8ab77d6dc96a568998078da3873139.jpeg

Yinangi looked between the two, and then let out an excited gasp. "Wait, you two are sisters? OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! I got to meet my friend's sister!!! I can clearly see the family resemblance!!! ...Well, save for Dazia's height, that is. But OH MY GOSH this is exciting!!!" Dazia knew this was going to get unusual pretty fast. "...Yes, we're sisters. This is Hiraani, my older sister. Also, Our height difference has a simple explanation. Our father was tall, but our mother was...short. Kind of explains why I'm kind of shorter than everyone else!" Dazia explained, a bit frustrated as she spoke the last sentence. Valna chuckled. "Well, hey, at least that may potentially make you a better sneak, if you need to get your hands on the skill." Dazia looked over to Valna. "The sneak skill, like what you have?" Valna chuckled. "Sneak? Heh, I don't sneak, I search. Sneaking wouldn't do well with my choice of weapon, you see." Dazia was confused, but Yinangi was smiling.

Dazia was confused. "What?" Yinangi's smile widened. "Just wait 'till you see her weapon, it's so cool!" Valna would access her inventory. "See, I'm not like the other scouts...I can be quite the damage dealer when I want to." She proved her point when she pulled out a two-handed sword. "Got it identified by a merchant, you could say I was lucky." The weapon was clearly some kind of broadsword. The weapon's blade had amethyst accents on it, and the pommel was a black iron skull with a ruby in it. The static electricity in the blade crackled, signaling the paralysis enhancement. The blade radiated a foreboding sensation...fallen energy. "This bad boy's helped me out on so many fights, even that damn high level monster in floor 18..." Dazia knew there probably wasn't going to be any more sheltering Yinangi's ears with that word anymore...then again, during encounters with other players, she may have had other experiences with hearing words...heaven knows what she's heard by now. Dazia stared at the weapon, her jaw dropped in shock and disbelief. "How the hell did you get so damn lucky?"

"Like I said before, took this to a merchant and got it identified. Got lucky. That mimic really was worth killing after all." Of course. A mimic, and she actually got something great from it. Yinangi saw Dazia's expression. "I know, it's an awesome weapon, right? Just wait 'till you see that thing in action!" Dazia didn't know what to think. If such weapons really existed, obtainable by killing monsters and opening chests, maybe having items that help with loot wouldn't be such a bad investment. Maybe the searching skill, too, if she could get the rest of her build in line. "While that sounds kind of tempting, to be honest...I do think I should get back to the task at hand for me. I don't think Malachi will be very patient with me..." Valna nodded. "Ah, right, you were returning to the teacher of your profession, weren't you? Go on ahead, We'll see you when you finish the quest."

Upon her sister's words, Dazia ran towards the town gate. Yinangi waved goodbye, calling out, "Good luck!" Dazia managed to enter the shop where Malachi Ringly was waiting. "Took your sweet old time, did you? I assume you have the materials, then?" Dazia had but one answer. "Yes. You would not believe what I went through just to get these five materials..." Malachi took a look at the five materials Dazia had found. "Yes yes, they will do very nicely, now come along! As I told you before, I can only show you once, and I'm about to be even further behind schedule!" Malachi would show Dazia the basics of an artisan's crafting work. "Alright then, now why don't you give it a try yourself?" Well, it was now or never. Dazia pulled out the topaz she had found, and went to work. She started with something simple, but clearly, she would learn the fact that crafting trinkets was a delicate art the hard way. She was accidentally a bit too rough, and the gemstone shattered. To make matters worse, a shard got in Dazia's eye before it vanished. "Agh!" Malachi shook his head slowly. "No, no, you will need to be a bit more gentle. Not all gemstones are as hard as the highly prized diamond, you know."

ID# 121159 CD: 1(Critical fail)

Materials remaining: 4/5

Edited by Dazia

After Dazia made sure her eye wasn't damaged/impaired, she let out a sigh of relief. No need for an eye patch, not to mention, she didn't want one to begin with. Not exactly her style. She took out another one of the materials that she had gathered, and got to work. She began working on a trinket, but her latest attempt was just as good as the last. Actually, it was better, but still a failed piece of trash. Dazia growled inwardly, over this second failure in a row. Why was it so hard to construct something that had benefits? There were several players Dazia had encountered that made it seem easy! "This damn game is getting on my nerves again. I don't have time for this!" Malachi had some words for her here, too. "Well...that's a bit better, but not good enough. Why don't you try observing my work for a minute? I'm about to be behind schedule, so perhaps watching me create a few trinkets may help you to see what you need to do. I've shown it for you once, but maybe a little observation can do you the world of good."

ID# 121162 CD: 4(Failed, lost material)

Materials remaining: 3/5

Edited by Dazia

When Malachi returned to his work, Dazia would follow his suggestion, observing the teacher once more. Dazia took some mental notes on the differences between her attempts, and what he was doing. Soon after, she returned to where she was to be working. She did what she could to follow what she had seen...but in the end, she still failed to make something useful. "Please don't tell me there are rates and chances here, too..." How was she going to continue on if she couldn't get through something this simple? Would she fail the quest if she ran out of materials? Most likely. She didn't want to fail, but if this game intended for her to fail...well, she couldn't sue, but she could take out her anger on monsters. It would make for useful training, so it wouldn't be a total waste of her time if that was the case.

ID# 121166 CD: 4(Failed, lost material)

Materials remaining: 2/5

Edited by Dazia

Dazia tossed away the failed item, which shattered on impact. Not surprising at all. With an annoyed expression on her face, Dazia would return to her work. She made use of her next material, doing all that she could. Of course, despite this attempt being her current best, it was still a failure. The item came out flawed, unable to do anything that could assist one on their journey. Dazia sighed in annoyance, her progress stalled once again. Malachi came into the room, and saw the failed item Dazia was holding. "Hmm, that there looks salvageable. Perhaps you could try again." Dazia turned her head towards Malachi, surprised by the words he'd said. "You mean this flawed object is still of some use?" Malachi chuckled. "Of course not. However, it is in good enough condition to be salvaged. Here, I'll show you how." Dazia followed Malachi's next teaching, and was able to revert the item back into a material.

ID# 121167 CD: 6, LD: 20(Failed, material salvaged)

Materials Remaining: 2/5

Edited by Dazia