[SP-F4] Shatter the Ice Beast! <<Avalanche>>

Krysta had been hearing of powerful bosses that would prove to be a challenge to tier one players. It seemed that the Wasp Queen was not the only one. It was high time that Krysta battled these monstrosities, and gained some experience. She would need this strength to battle stronger foes as she made her exploits in Aincrad. She heard of an informant for hire over in the fourth floor, and was hoping to see if he knew anything about the bosses. "It is time to fight these monstrosities, and rise in my level. I have been in need of some real training, and these bosses will do just fine. I wonder, aside from the informant, is there anyone else I might encounter along the way?" She needed to find this informant first, to pinpoint the bosses' locations. Last she heard, the player was seen in the Hearth and Harrow.

Stats and equipment:

Spoiler

Level:  22
HP:  440
EN:  44
DMG:  8(OHR Rank 4[+4], Saber of the Thunderhearts[+1], Yolviinsil[+2])

MIT: 27(Guardian Vest[+18], Regal Retribution[+9])

Thorns: 18(Regal Retribution)

Equipment:

Saber of the Thunderhearts(Damage, Paralysis, Bleed)[Equipped]

Guardian Vest(2 MIT)[Equipped]

Regal Retribution(1 Mitigation, 2 Thorns)[Equipped]

Andvari's Blessing(3 LD)

Skills:

One handed Rapier Rank 4

First Aid Rank 2

Familiar Mastery: Fighter rank 2

Edited by Krysta

Krysta wandered through the town of Snowfrost, searching for the Hearth and Harrow. When she stumbled upon it, she entered the building. She would ask player and NPC alike, "Pardon me, but have you seen a player named Alanin?" One player would point her in a direction that lead her to some seating where one player was...and the sight of this player shocked her. "N-no, it cannot be! How...? Why...? I... I can't..." She was completely dumbfounded upon seeing who this was. She knew him. "L-leon?? Is..is that you??" The player would turn around, and indeed, it was her friend from the real world, Leon. "Yes, Jewel, it is I. I honestly never expected to see you here...but since you are, may I ask how you have been?" Krysta was still in her state of utter surprise, and Yolviinsil would peek over to the player from Krysta's shoulder, looking at him shyly.

Alanin:

Spoiler

Alanin.jpg.4c1112555055df0ae4155ed5c3c90c6e.jpg

"I....I-I...I have been doing fine, I suppose...I am looking for Alanin, an informant who I have heard knows the locations of respawning quest bosses." Alanin would chuckle and say, "The informant you seek stands before you. I am actually retired in terms of being an informant, but I'm still willing to do favors for a friend...so, you wish to know about the respawning quest bosses of Aincrad's first tier, you say? Well, there are about five of them in all. The Wasp Queen, Avalanche, The Sand Shark, Byakko, and Amphis Serpens. The wasp queen appears on the second floor, Avalanche on this one, The Sand Shark is found on the fifth floor, Byakko sometimes appears in the sixth floor, and the Amphis Serpens can be sighted in the seventh floor." Krysta listened carefully to the retired informant's words. "I have already fought the Wasp Queen, but I have yet to vanquish the other bosses. In terms of floor order, Avalanche would be next, right?"

Alanin would smile. "Yes, these particular bosses do increase in difficulty based on floor order. Seeing that we are on the floor that Avalanche can be found in, why don't we make the trip now, while we can?" Krysta would nod her head. "I agree. We shall make haste to the boss's location. Care to lead the way, knowing that you may recall the location that the creature spawns in?" Alanin would agree to this, and the two would set out for the spoken location. "This boss sometimes spawns with some ice elementals, you know. May I ask what your level currently is?" Krysta would oblige to answer his question. "Certainly. I am level twenty-two as of the current moment." Alanin would look impressed. "Twenty-two, eh? That's two levels higher than me. Your skill must be remarkable. If any ice elementals spawn, I can hold them off while you battle Avalanche."

"I agree with your battle plan, Leon. The creature shall be vanquished! Oh, may I ask, how powerful would you say Avalanche is?" Alanin would chuckle. "With a level such as yours? The creature doesn't stand a chance! You could take it on all your lonesome, and you would hardly have anything to worry about! Ah, forgive me on my assumptions, what kind of gear do you use?" Krysta would pull out her rapier and shield, and Yolviinsil would climb up onto Krysta's shoulder. "I use a Rapier, my current rank in the skill is four. I also carry a shield with thorns. This creature is likely to receive damage, whether from my attacks, or its own." Alanin smiled. "I always knew you were the justified fighter Jewel, you just needed some empowerment. Granted, this is a death game and all, but truly, this is also who you are inside!"

Krysta would smile at Alanin's words. "This? Me? Ahaha, you're very thoughtful to have come up with such words. Besides, I recall all the times you thought of me as a Princess!" Alanin would look into Krysta's eyes. "Jewel, you are exactly that kind of person to me. You're kind and sweet, gentle and graceful, and your heart seeks to protect and aid those around you. The duty of one who is of noble birth is to their people, in my opinion, and to me, you come across as a fairytale maiden born in the modern age. You have the personality, and the heart. How could I possibly see you any other way?" Alanin's words were quite positive...but it was either genuine or suspicious. Krysta blushed slightly as she heard those words. "Ah, you do blush so easily! You've hardly changed at all since I last saw you!" Krysta had a bad feeling about this.

Before Krysta had a chance to speak, Ice Elementals spotted the players, and would rush over to attack. Alanin drew his weapon. "I'll handle these, you go find Avalanche! It cannot be too far!" Krysta would run past the monsters, leaving her friend to fight them off. It normally wasn't like her to just run off like that, but if his words were true... Before Krysta could turn back, the ground began to shake. A large Ice Elemental would rise up from the snow, and an HP bar with the name <<Avalanche>> would be seen above the creature's head. This was the boss. Krysta took a battle position. "I have come here to vanquish you, fiend of ice!" Avalanche would recognize her stance as one of combat, and it would accept her challenge. Krysta would rush for the boss, but it blocked her attack with one of its arms, and would slam down on her with its other arm. It roared out in anguish, lifting the arm it used to attack due to the thorns from the Shield that Krysta raised up.

ID# 122937 BD: 2(Miss), MD: 8(hit)

Thorns Damage: Avalanche takes 18 Damage

Krysta: HP 427/440, EN 42/44, | 8 DMG | 27 MIT | 18 Thorns | PAR | T1 Bleed

Enemies:

Avalanche: HP 82/100, 40 DMG

Edited by Krysta

Krysta would then attack once more, using the sword Art known as Penetrate. Her attack caused the boss's HP to drop into the red. Avalanche roared in pain and anguish, and then would try to attack Krysta again, but it missed due to it's attempt to avoid the shield this time again, which Krysta raised in preparation for. The Avalanche would roar in aggravation, as if it had never gone through such difficulty in a battle against anyone. Then again, whoever said that this boss ever respawned with its memory intact? "Try as you might, monster, but your time has come!" She would ready herself for her next attack. She doubted that this creature would last much longer. Even if she missed and the boss struck her again, her shield ought to finish the battle. She looked back to where Alanin was for a few seconds, and saw that he was completely fine in his battle.

ID# 122938 BD: 8(Hit), MD: 3(Miss)

Penetrate: 8x8=64

Krysta: HP 427/440, EN 36/44, | 8 DMG | 27 MIT | 18 Thorns | PAR | T1 Bleed

Enemies:

Avalanche: HP 18/100, 40 DMG

Edited by Krysta

Krysta would attempt to attack again, but she wouldn't manage to break the creature's icy body. However, the creature would still stumble from the impact. It began to haphazardly swing its arms around, and it would become dizzy with fatigue and fall on its back. Krysta smiled, for, in all honesty, this was a bit humorous to watch. She looked over to Alanin to see how his fight was going. He had already vanquished three out of four Ice Elementals, and there was one left. He battled it with ease. True, the common Ice Elementals were often weaker than boss monsters such as Avalanche. She looked back over to the boss. "I intend to finish this battle, and you will be destroyed along with whatever you had planned for the people of this land!" It was only a matter of time, now. She would finish this battle, and then she would move on to the next floor, and battle the next boss. The day was young, and far from over.

ID# 122942 BD: 5(Miss), MD: 1(Critical Miss)

Krysta: HP 427/440, EN 34/44, | 8 DMG | 27 MIT | 18 Thorns | PAR | T1 Bleed

Enemies:

Avalanche: HP 18/100, 40 DMG

Edited by Krysta

Krysta would rush for the boss and attack with Accel Stub, finishing off the creature. It roared in pain and anguish once more as the glow left its eyes, and it would shatter into icicles and then into pixels. The monster was defeated. The battle was over. Krysta would look over to see how Alanin was doing. He managed to finish off the last Ice Elemental that stood in his path, and he would look over to Krysta, smiling over the fact that the battle was over. "Ha, as I expected, it stood no chance against you! The next one, the Sand Shark, will be a tougher opponent. Of course, I doubt it will still be any match for you!" Krysta would be humble about this. "Ahaha, That's nice of you, Leon, but you don't need to keep saying that. I didn't come here to show off, you know. I came here to train."

ID# 122945 BD: 9(Critical, +1 Base DMG), MD: 6(Hit)

Accel Stub: 9x3=27

Krysta: HP 427/440, EN 31/44, | 8 DMG | 27 MIT | 18 Thorns | PAR | T1 Bleed

Enemies:

Avalanche: HP 0/100, 40 DMG

Edited by Krysta

Krysta would ask, "Do you mind if we spoke along the way to the fifth floor?" Alanin would chuckle and say, "I don't see any reason why not! I haven't seen you in quite a while, Jewel. Care to tell me your tale?" Krysta would oblige. "Certainly. I did what I could to begin with simple things that I would need. As I went along, I gathered some materials, and eventually was also given items for the kind deeds I did within the safe zone. I soon learned that Leif was in this game as well! We began to meet up with one another in a certain tavern to speak with one another every once in a while...but then one day, Leif stopped coming. I checked my friend list to see if he was alright, but he wasn't in it...I ran to the monument, and he was...dead, his name was crossed off of the monument! His killer...Dazia, murdered him in a full-loss duel!"

Krysta began crying over the memory of losing Wardege. Alanin began trying to comfort her. "There now, Jewel, we can find and vanquish this Dazia together...two good friends, against the one who murdered your cousin..." Krysta wiped her tears, hoping to stop crying. "Yes...two...friends." Alanin hid his...disappointment well. "Yes...friends..." Krysta would continue her tale. "So...I set out with a new friend or two, and I intended to find Dazia...but so many times, I did not find her. There have been several events in which Dazia was there, but it was never the right time to vanquish her...The events themselves would always prevent it from being possible... Nevertheless, I traveled throughout the game, clearing quests and slaying monsters...that all eventually brought me here. I seek to reach the second tier with all due haste, since it approaches swiftly." Alanin seemed intrigued. "So...you slay these monsters, knowing they respawn, in order to train from the first-time experience gains?" 

"Indeed I do. Once I have slain a few more of them, I should be at the second tier by then. I still hope to handle the rest of them, too. Perhaps we can focus on more pleasant memories as we continue on to town?" Krysta asked. "Why, of course!"  Krysta would begin. "I remember when I noticed you loved hearing all those heroic tales in my mother's books, they definitely intrigued you so much!" Alanin would recall the memory as well. "Yes...those stories always had me coming back. I truly wanted to read more of them..." Krysta giggled. "I remember when Kimberly jokingly called you a bookworm over that." Alanin strained slightly to keep a smile on his face. "Yes...Kimberly. She was one of us, though. She behaves and acts in similar manners to the two of us." Krysta looked over and saw Alanin's expression. Why was he so focused on speaking of himself and Krysta?

Something was wrong. Something was very wrong. "Leon, are you all right?" Alanin nodded his head. "Yes, Jewel, I am fine." Krysta remembered more on Kimberly. "I remembered how when Kimberly grew into the same interests as us, we gave each other nicknames for about two years." Alanin nodded his head, both agreeing, and admitting it. "Kimberly came up with 'Sir Leon' for me, I came up with 'Princess Jewel' for you, and you came up with 'Duchess Kimberly' for her. We were quite the trio back then, weren't we?" Krysta remembered the occasional consequence of forming a unique group... "Yes...we were occasionally bullied because of it, weren't we? But we still stand strong, and despite their words, we would press on. We shall do so still, even if the odds are against us." Alanin smiled. "I love how positive you are for the future. It is truly a good thing."

Krysta would unequip her shield, and equip her necklace, Andvari's Blessing, in place of it. She would continue her conversation with Alanin. "That's very kind of you to say, Leon. I have been improving myself in more than just my stats, as of late. I have been to my own mind through the Waterfall of the Sage. One can take a quest when over there...in their own mind, so to speak...or, more accurately, the Cardinal's interpretation of their own mind. Mine was interpreted in an...interesting manner..." Krysta explained. "One's own mind...? I hate to be intrusive, but did you only see those you had met in the game? Or did you see Kimberly and I?" Krysta had only one answer for this question. "Well, the answer, in fact, was neither. I wasn't there for very long, for one. I fought against my inner demons. A being of self-worthlessness, a being of insecurity, a being of terror, and a being that was my inner darkness. Each battle played out quite differently."

-Swapped Regal Retribution(2 Thorns, 1 MIT) for Andvari's Blessing(3 LD)

Krysta would see a material with alchemical properties, and pick it up. "If only I had use for this...but I intend to be a tailor." Alanin offered to help as he pulled out some leather. "Perhaps we can exchange materials, then. I have found quite a few materials during my time on these floors, and my profession is not tailor. I can give you tailor materials in exchange for any non-tailor materials you find, as long as I have some in my inventory." Krysta would accept the offer to help. "That's very kind of you, thanks." The exchange would be made, and the two players would continue on the path leading back to town. Alanin would give his response to what Krysta told him earlier. "I am certain you were able to vanquish each inner demon, banishing them all from your mind." Uh, that wasn't the route that Krysta took.

ID# 122992 LD: 12+3=15(success, found 1 T1 Material)

Edited by Krysta

Krysta would keep her eyes out for any further materials as she listened to Alanin's words, but she didn't seem to spot any. "Are you sure that simply destroying them all would be the best idea? I wasn't too sure of the thought myself... I mean, even if we were to kill them in-game, would that even remotely affect them in reality?" These words would trouble Alanin. "What do you mean? Surely you could better yourself by destroying the creatures that taint your mind! They are called inner demons for a reason, correct?" Should she tell him? "Erm, pardon me, but could we move on from the topic of my mind, please?" Alanin realized he was pushing the matter too far. "Oh! My sincere apologies, Jewel, I never meant to pry in too deep..." Granted, he was willing to leave the topic be, but why was he behaving this way?

ID# 122994 LD: 10+3=13(nothing found)

Edited by Krysta

Krysta would find a plant producing tundra cotton, and she would harvest the material. Was the game changing Alanin for the better, or for the worse? He was acting so strange... His manner of speech was the same, but his demeanor...was completely different. Why? Why was he behaving this way? It was so...different. For now, she would push the matter of suspicion aside, for Alanin was her friend. "Leon...you don't have to say it in such a detailed manner...Is something wrong?" Alanin seemed to be just as semi-frantic as he was with his apology. "Ah, no, nothing is wrong, nothing at all! Oh, no, perish the thought! I don't see a single thing wrong here!" There was something wrong. In the way he presented it, he completely gave away the fact that something was clearly going on. Whatever would it be? He certainly wouldn't be willing to admit it anytime soon...

ID# 122998 LD: 18+3=21(success, found 1 T1 material)

Edited by Krysta

Krysta would decide to steer clear of worrying that there was something wrong going on with Alanin, and return to a normal conversation. She would find a gemstone, and exchange it for some silk that Alanin had. She would then ask, "Leon, do you know whether or not Kimberly is in this game?" Alanin would shake his head. "No, I do not know. All I can hope, though, is that she did not end up in this game, trapped with us. If she is, however, I hope she is faring well in this accursed virtual prison." Krysta nodded. "I agree. By the way, may I ask, what do you think of her? I know that she is my friend, and that she sees both of us as her friends, too." Alanin would think for a moment, then he would give his opinion. "I first took her for someone willing to humiliate me for not being like other men, but when I learned that she was like us, I accepted her into my life wholeheartedly. I do indeed see her as a friend today."

ID# 122999 LD: 19+3=22(Success, found 1 T1 material)

Edited by Krysta

As the players neared the town, Krysta would spot something. It was a shape that was quite familiar...quite familiar indeed. She would walk over to the shape, and brush the snow off of it. Upon doing so, she would uncover the reason why the shape was so familiar. It was a chest. Krysta smiled at her discovery. "It appears that I have found a chest!" She exclaimed. Alanin would find another familiar shape more on the well-hidden side, and brush off to uncover a chest. "It appears as if I have found one, too. All we can do now is hope that these chests are not devious mimics trying to fool us." True, there was indeed the chance of there being a mimic, but for now, Krysta would focus on the positives. If either one was a mimic, they would be fought and vanquished. All Krysta could do now was pray that these weren't mimics...

ID# 123012 LD: 15+3=18(success, found a chest!)

Edited by Krysta