[PP-04] Nostalgia <<Essence of Steel>>

Cordelia stretched her arms out in front of her as she sniffed. Damn, was it cold! She definitely was not used to this.

Huh, she did hear of a quest that pretty much negated environmental temperature and effects, maybe she should do that one day.

Scratch that, maybe really soon.

Who knows what kind of other frozen floors are waiting for her? Hell, for all she knew, the next few floors that were undiscovered could be frozen wastelands! She shuddered at the thought, or was she shuddering because of the cold? Some things weren't meant to be solved in this world, apparently. 

She tucked a strand of hair behind her ears as her other hand hugged her arm. Maybe she should've brought some warmer clothes, too. Sure, her jacket may look all warm and inviting but hell, it was as thin as paper! She forgot who she even ordered this coat from, but dang, they did a horrible job with it.

The last time that Kityuisa had been on the freezing domain of floor four was when she was with Ruby taking out the Night's King in the frozen block of ice that was called a fortress. 

Kityuisa was different this time. The cold that was seeping through her bones wasn't so cold anymore. Her body heat, radiated like that of a pissed off dragon. The reason for being on floor four this time was also vastly different than before. 

Before, Kityuisa had wanted to just see floor four. She had wanted to explore the new places of Aincrad. But that wish of hers no longer festered inside her heart. She was pissed. Pissed at Kirbs. Pissed at Bahr. Pissed at Kayaba.

Kityuisa wasn't having anymore of this game. Not at all.

The reason for being on floor four? Kityuisa wanted to get the dumb rare drop from the frost beast. It would increase the rank of one item. She would do anything to get that item. But would you kill someone for it? Kityuisa knew that thought was running through her head... She didn't have an answer.

Cordelia mumbled under her breath just before turning her head to looked around. There weren't that many people around, and most of them were really just NPCs doing their designated routines. A player caught her eye pretty fast, though. She looked almost out of place in such a dull floor like this one.

Maybe there was no harm in trying?

Cordelia shuffled over to the blonde from behind and peeked her face next to hers. Tilting her head, she asked, "Are you doing well? You look like you want to strangle the life out of someone," she mused, grinning childishly before lifting her head and walking to the girl's front. "Are you perhaps doing a certain quest on this floor? Maybe with a certain item drop?" She asked, tilting her head to give her another cheerful grin. Perhaps they could do it together! Oh-- but the boss only dropped one item... yes, that would definitely be some kind of problem.

The source of a voice that could be described as minty caused Kityuisa to swivel around. Her body now placed directly in front of the blonde character.

Kityuisa eyes the girl up and down, taking note of her appearance. Lower level than me, that much is certain. The wear on the girl's body, much less than the wear that was on Kityuisa's. Older too... I would say she's about... five foot seven. Strange and long face. As though she has never worked a day in her life. Kityuisa felt her hand rest gently on her dagger.

"The boss your speaking about, is the Frost Beast. He drops a single item that changes the rarity of an item. You are obviously wanting that item, or else you never would have asked me. What is it that you can give me if I aid you? Especially along with the fact that my whole reason for being here is to obtain the said item?"

Blood. Blood. Blood. Kityuisa couldn't drown out her thoughts.

Cordelia's eye twitched as she gave the stranger a forced smile. "Smart one, aren't 'cha?"

This girl obviously knew her stuff, that's for sure. 

"You seem strong enough to afford gear," she seethed through her teeth as she continued to give her a smile. "So why don't you just let me get the item?" She acquired, tilting her head again to give the girl a closed eye smile. 

Yeah- she wasn't sure if she even wanted to stick around this girl. She seemed strong, that's for sure, but her attitude seemed like total [doo doo]. Plus, with that look on her face, Cordelia wasn't even sure if she was even mentally sane. Just something about it seemed... off to her. 

-Or maybe it was her paranoia coming back to bite her in her in the ass again! That was always a viable answer, too! That was something that had recently come up, hooray!

Kityuisa simply raised her eyebrows, "Then what the [censored] do I get out of this?" She turned away from the girl, she's a total stranger. What the heck?

I don't want to do this for nothing. I'm not like that girl anymore. I'm not like I used to be.. Kityuisa drew her hand to her chin before turning back. "You're expecting me to carry your ass through this field boss. Without a single means to pay me back for my time?" Kityuisa narrowed her eyes, "How about no."

Kityuisa turned away from the girl again, beginning to walk out of the town they were in. She would just hunt the damn field boss on her own. This girl is annoying as frick.

Tanine Willowflame pounced after Kityuisa, hustling to her side. She let out a soft meow, as if to say. Be nice. She's obviously not that smart. Kityuisa smiled at her cat, reaching down to pick her up. Then she swiveled on her heel, facing the girl again. "I'll help you get the item on one condition. If you don't accept, then i'll be taking the item for myself." And if you follow me, i'll take your life.

"Yes, I do, actually," she said bluntly, furrowing her thin brows in confusion. "Is there something wrong with that?"

Cordelia sighed to herself as she felt her face twitch again. What was wrong with her? Jesus, she's never met someone so snappy at this girl. 

"Oh?" She murmured, narrowing her eyes cautiously at the girl. Things were getting oddly suspicious. "What is this condition?" She asked, blinking at the girl with a dumbfound expression. This was interesting! No one has ever really said no to her like this before! This was a different kind of new, but she was totally down for it. 

But that really begs the question;

What did this girl want?

Cordelia was sure that she had loads of money on her, so why get an item like this when she could just buy herself a perfect item? Also, why was she so gosh darn snappy and rude? 

Her eyes snapped. Narrowing into little slivers, there was definitely something wrong with that. "You won't get anywhere in this world if you keep acting so privileged. The world won't grovel at your feet like you want it to. I've learnt that the hard way." That was that, Kityuisa felt her eyes soften just a little bit. 

Kityuisa clasped her hands behind her back. Her gaze dropping to Willow before lifting her eyes back up.

"You'll be in debt to me, and when I need something, you'll be at my beck and call." Something as simple as that... Even an idiot would accept my offer.

Kityuisa turned back away, and began to walk. She was heading towards where the field boss would be, not even waiting for the girl to accept or deny. If she accepted then she would follow her and be able to take the item. If she declined, then Kityuisa would get the item for herself. When did I get so mean?

"Ah, I see," she murmured, huffing stubbornly before pushing a strand of hair behind her ear. 

I'll be the judge of that.

"Sounds fishy," she sniffed, her eyes narrowing at the girl. 

"I'll tell you my answer when we get there," she chimed, grinning to herself happily as she bounded after Kityuisa, passing her only after a few seconds. 

"Ah, it's such a bea-ut-i-ful day!" She exclaimed, throwing her hands up into the air like the child she is. The air was bitter cold, the sky was full of looming clouds, but the best part was... drum roll please! 

... Snow! 

"It's so pretty!" She cooed, holding out her palm to capture a few flakes. Her eyes examined the tiny flakes for a few seconds before watching them dissolve right on her palm.

"Fascinating," she murmured, eyeing her palm with so much interest that it probably seemed like she was some kind of mad man to people around her. 

Spoiler

♥ Level: 29

Health: 580 | Energy: 58
EVA: 1 | MIT: 44 | ACC: 3
DMG: 10

Skills:

Combat skills: 
♥ N/A

Weapon skills: 
♥ Rank Five, Dagger +5 DMG

♥ Armor skills: 
♥ Rank Two, Light Armor +8 MIT

Extra skills: 
♥ Rank One, Familiar Mastery: Fighter +2 DMG

Utility Skills: 
♥ Rank One, Hiding +1 Stealth

Modifiers: 
♥ N/A

Inventory
♥ [Equipped] [Perfect] Dagger of Sands: +2 DMG +12 BLEED
♥ [Equipped] [Perfect] Hera’s Ensemble: +36 MIT +1 EVA
♥ [Equipped] [Perfect] Blossoming Wind: +3 ACC

Battle Ready:
♥ Starter Healing Potion (Heals 50) x3
♥ T1 HP Potion, Uncommon (Heals 40) x5
♥ Teleport Crystal x2
♥ [Empty]
♥ [Empty]

The more time Kityuisa spent with the fellow blonde haired girl, the more stuck up she seemed. Kityuisa could tell that the girl felt the exact opposite when she told her "Ah, I see". She's right not to trust me though... Heck, I wouldn't even trust me. Kityuisa blew out a breath of air, her shoulders lifting in a shrug. "Okay, I'll take you there then." Kityuisa led the way, the boss coming into view.

"It's an alright day." The cold is well... Cold, but i'm too numb to feel anything... Kityuisa watched the girl as she captured a snowflake in her palm. She acts like she's never seen snow..? Kityuisa shrugged the thoughts off. "There he is." She pointed in the direction of the beast. She motioned with her head for Cordelia to attack, "Let's see what you can do, yeah?"

Tanine Willowflame flicked her tail, still questioning her pet's methods.

Party

♥   [0] Kityuisa | 580/580 HP | 58/58 EN | 10 DMG | 44 MIT | 3 ACC | 1 EVA | 12 BLD | RESTED (-1 EN for two actions) | Relaxed | Multipurpose +1 LD (Stealth, Stealth Detection, Prosperity to one post) | Filling
     ♥   [0] Cordelia | HP: 280/280 | EN: 28/28 | 5 DMG | 2 PAR | 1 BLD | 2 EVA

Enemies

♥  Frost Beast | 250/250 HP | 160 DMG

"Why do I have to attack first?" She argued. She really felt like this lady was just trying to kill her at this point.

She wasn't even sure if she would be able to even attack it! She didn't put any enhancements into her weapon, and she was still waiting for that artisan to give her back her item that she had ordered. "I can't assure you that I'll be able to hit it," she murmured under her breath as she went in for a sword art. Her silver rapier glowed a bright yellow as she prepared her most fatal sword art, which, to be fair, wasn't even that strong.

And- she missed. Only by a hair. Her rapier had only cut through thin air as she practically dashed pass the Snow Beast. 

She sighed as she bounded back to Kityuisa. "I told you. I need a few more things before I'll be set for actually doing something in battle."

ID: 123107

BD: 4, Miss

[0] Kityuisa | 580/580 HP | 58/58 EN | 10 DMG | 44 MIT | 3 ACC | 1 EVA | 12 BLD | RESTED (-1 EN for two actions) | Relaxed | Multipurpose +1 LD (Stealth, Stealth Detection, Prosperity to one post) | Filling
[0] Cordelia | HP: 280/280 | EN: 27/28 | 5 DMG | 2 PAR | 1 BLD | 2 EVA

Frost Beast | 250/250 HP | 160 DMG

"If you could just trust me, that would be great." Kityuisa snapped back, "It's how the monsters work in this game. If you had landed your attack after I landed mine, he would have attacked you. I'm trying not to get you to die. It's called hate. Tanks love it." Kityuisa narrowed her eyes as she launched her body at the beast. My damage isn't quite there yet... Kityuisa retreated back to Cordelia.

"See, now it will attack me." And it did just that. She felt the sting of its cold arm, whacking her. Her body got tossed across the clearing. Kityuisa let out a soft breath, her warm air mixing with the cold air. I can literally see my breath in front of me.. Kityuisa shook off the attack, jogging to get back to Cordelia's side. "See? You probably can't take more than two hits before you die, so i'm trying to save your ass." Willow looked between Cordelia and Kityuisa.

Spoiler

Eternal Cyclone x13
BD: 4 + 3 = 7 (Hit!) ~ 130 DMG
MD: 10 (Hit!) ~ 162 DMG (-44) = 118 DMG

Party

♥   [1] Kityuisa | 462/580 HP | 52/58 EN | 10 DMG | 44 MIT | 3 ACC | 1 EVA | 12 BLD | RESTED (-1 EN for two actions) | Relaxed | Multipurpose +1 LD (Stealth, Stealth Detection, Prosperity to one post) | Filling
     ♥   [0] Cordelia | HP: 280/280 | EN: 26/28 | 5 DMG | 2 PAR | 1 BLD | 2 EVA

Enemies

♥  Frost Beast | 120/250 HP | 160 DMG -130 HP

"I know that," she hissed, crossing her arms with a rare scowl. "I'm not completely oblivious to this game. I'm no tank but I specifically designed my build so that I wouldn't get hit in the first place, so it doesn't even matter when I get attack or not!" She exclaimed, throwing her hands up into the air for emphasis. 

Sure, he build might not really be there at the moment, but it was good enough to evade a couple of attacks!

Well, she also designed her build so that she hit but apparently that wasn't working too well, either. 

The blonde stabbed her rapier into the frosty ground in frustration. She had missed, again. The girl was going to rub it all into her face, too, she was sure of it.

"I need better gear," she muttered to herself hotly, her cheeks tinting pink with both cold and embarrassment.

ID: 123146

BD: 2, Miss

[1] Kityuisa | 462/580 HP | 58/58 EN | 10 DMG | 44 MIT | 3 ACC | 1 EVA | 12 BLD | RESTED (-1 EN for two actions) | Relaxed | Multipurpose +1 LD (Stealth, Stealth Detection, Prosperity to one post) | Filling
[0] Cordelia | HP: 280/280 | EN: 26/28 | 5 DMG | 2 PAR | 1 BLD | 2 EVA

Frost Beast | 120/250 HP | 160 DMG

Kityuisa chuckled. Her hand lifting way up to ruffle the hair on Cordelia's head. "No worries. Honestly, let me teach ya something. I know you know how to play this game. But from my experience. You can't dodge critical attacks, and this guy did just that. You were right in trying to get my help, and I admire you for that." Kityuisa paused for a mere moment, "You may not be there yet, but you'll get there... I'm still not fully where I wanna be. But I won't give up till I too get there." Kityuisa stuck her tongue out, her nice personality making an odd appearance, "I believe in you. You've got this." Kityuisa gave her a thumbs up. Willow let out a meow as encouragement.

Then just like that, Kityuisa's small smile disappeared off her face as she looked at the beast, "Now then, how about we take care of this guy and discuss the terms?"

Spoiler

Eternal Cyclone x13
BD: 1
MD: 7 - 1 = 6

Party

♥   [1] Kityuisa | 326/580 HP | 48/58 EN | 10 DMG | 44 MIT | 3 ACC | 1 EVA | 12 BLD | RESTED (-1 EN for two actions) | Relaxed | Multipurpose +1 LD (Stealth, Stealth Detection, Prosperity to one post) | Filling
     ♥   [0] Cordelia | HP: 280/280 | EN: 24/28 | 5 DMG | 2 PAR | 1 BLD | 2 EVA

Enemies

♥  Frost Beast | 120/250 HP | 160 DMG

Cordelia smiled softly, finally glad that this girl had an actual range of emotions other than just anger and annoyance.  

"Alright, I'm going to hit it this time!" She said with determination. 

With her blonde hair whipping wildly behind her, Cordelia charged right into the Snow Beast. White hot sparks emitted from her weapon as she repeatedly stabbed the mob over and over again. By the time she was finished with her attack, four small but relatively deep gaping holes were left in the Snow Beast's chest. 

The player landed softly on to the snow, learning her head up as she watched the the bolts of electricity from After Current surround the mob, and in no time, the Snow Beast was immobilized.

"Yes!" She exclaimed, giving herself a mental fist bump as she realized her paralysis effect had actually worked. 

"Alright, he won't be like that for long, so see what you can do!"

ID: 123149

BD: 8, [PARALYZE]

[1] Kityuisa | 462/580 HP | 58/58 EN | 10 DMG | 44 MIT | 3 ACC | 1 EVA | 12 BLD | RESTED (-1 EN for two actions) | Relaxed | Multipurpose +1 LD (Stealth, Stealth Detection, Prosperity to one post) | Filling
[1] Cordelia | HP: 280/280 | EN: 19/28 | 5 DMG | 2 PAR | 1 BLD | 2 EVA

Frost Beast | 80/250 HP | 160 DMG [PARALYZED]

Kityuisa watched as Cordelia finally landed an attack on the beast. She gave her a nod of approval before running in to finish it off. Her dagger sliding through the cold, and hard rock. The beast, bursting into pixels.. Filling Kityuisa with pleasure. Another thing dead... Kityuisa watched as a window popped up, huh.. So last hit gets the item? Kityuisa looked at Cordelia, looked back at the notification, looked back at Cordelia. "So, what's it gonna be then?" She pressed the okay button, the item now gingerly lying in her inventory waiting to be transferred to Cordelia's. 

Tanine Willowflame flicked her tail, her beady eyes watching Kityuisa's every movement. She had not sheathed her dagger, she had kept it in her hand, at her side. But her body language proved that she was not feeling hostile towards Cordelia.... yet.

That was what Willow was concerned of, if Kityuisa really wanted the item she could take it and leave. No worries to Cordelia no worries to anyone really. 

Spoiler

Eternal Cyclone x13
BD: 4 + 3 = 7 (Hit!) ~ 130 DMG

Party

♥   [1] Kityuisa | 326/580 HP | 40/58 EN | 10 DMG | 44 MIT | 3 ACC | 1 EVA | 12 BLD | RESTED (-1 EN for two actions) | Relaxed | Multipurpose +1 LD (Stealth, Stealth Detection, Prosperity to one post) | Filling
     ♥   [1] Cordelia | HP: 280/280 | EN: 19/28 | 5 DMG | 2 PAR | 1 BLD | 2 EVA

Enemies

♥  Frost Beast | Dead -130 HP

+1 Essence of Steel

Cordelia scratched her chin, quickly noticing how Kityuisa had not yet sheathed her dagger. Well, so be it. If she was going to be like, then Cordelia was, too!

She crossed her arms together, rapier still firmly grasped in her right hand. 

"Like I said," she continued, "it doesn't really seem that you would be the type to even need an item like this... but yes, I'll agree to your terms," she agreed stubbornly. "If you ever need me to repay... my favor owed to you, then so be it," Cordelia sighed, already unsure if this was the right choice or not. She didn't seem like the type to actually kill, but Cordelia knew she definitely had potential to be hostile. Who knows, maybe if she pushed the right buttons, her name could be on the Monument of Life. Even if they didn't seem like it, everyone had the potential to kill if the right procedures were taken.

Kityuisa grinned, tilting her head to the side, "Don't take it personally." She sheathed her dagger, then placed a hand on Cordelia's shoulder. Her eyes making direct contact with Cordelia's. "[No no word] has happened, and i'm not the same person that would do things just to help others anymore." She felt the experience weighing on her shoulders like a mother[trucker]. Kityuisa let out a hefty sigh, "Try your best to stay pure." She clicked her tongue, opening her inventory UI. She highlighted the item, and transferred it over to Cordelia. "If I do need you, i'll shoot you a message." 

Kityuisa was ready to leave this spot, in case the field boss re spawned... But... Kityuisa wanted to make sure Cordelia wouldn't be doing anything stupid on her own. "What are you going to be doing now?" She shuffled her feet, "Nothing reckless, I hope." Dammit Yui, why do you even care about other people?

She shrugged Kityuisa's hand off of her shoulders and sighed. "Alright. It's not like I'm ever really doing anything, anyway," she mumbled, ignoring the 'pure' part. "Thanks," she uttered, opening her own inventory to make sure the transaction was actually done.

She was anything but that.

"Probably go back home, I guess?" She shrugged, "or get a cup of coffee. I don't know."

Really anywhere where you aren't.

"I'm not a total doofus," the blonde mumbled, scratching the side of her cheek with a deadpan. Does she think that Cordelia was a total idiot?

"I guess I'll see you later, Kityuisa," she nodded her head to the girl one last time before shoving her hands into her pockets rather harshly and leaving the area. 

"... and try not to piss someone off far enough for them to kill you," she called, giving her a backhand wave as she walked towards the nearest town.

Kityuisa rolled her eyes. This Cordelia was strange to say the least. "Do you even have a home though?" Kityuisa doubted the girl had a home of her own, she probably meant back to whatever inn it was that she stayed at.. Or her shop.. I used to live in my own shop until I bought my estate on the beach... Kityuisa drew a finger to her chin.

Her crimson orbs watching Cordelia's each and every move as she turned around, I could easily stab her right here... haha, never turn your back on someone that isn't your friend... Even then, don't turn your back on your friends either.. Kityuisa looked up at the sky. Not much time had passed, but it had felt like forever... Cordelia isn't that entertaining is she... Kityuisa watched the snowflakes as they fell. She held out her hand, just as Cordelia had done. 

I ought to enjoy the little things..... right? Kityuisa felt the touch of the snowflake... Cold... Everything was cold...