[SP-F5] The Second Creature, and Growing Suspicions <<Blood in the Sand>>

Krysta would teleport into the fifth floor of Aincrad. The cold was replaced with the heat, that was one of the first things to be noticed. She looked around her to see a desert settlement. "So then, this is the fifth floor..." This was actually the first time Krysta had been to the fifth floor. "That's right, it is. Be cautious, though. Outside the safe zone, the occasional sandstorm can prove to be a problem. I've heard there was a quest that grants a skill that would make one immune to it, but I have yet to find such a quest myself..." Alanin would explain. Surely, the creature she would be hunting would be found today. The day was still young, and Krysta had slain the previous boss, Avalanche, just a few hours ago. It was almost the afternoon, and Krysta had taken a look in her inventory to make sure she had a teleport crystal. Indeed, she did. If something was to happen, she would be ready for it.

Stats and Equipment:

Spoiler

Level:  22
HP:  440
EN:  44
DMG:  8(OHR Rank 4[+4], Saber of the Thunderhearts[+1], Yolviinsil[+2])

MIT: 27(Guardian Vest[+18], Regal Retribution[+9])

Thorns: 18(Regal Retribution)

Equipment:

Saber of the Thunderhearts(Damage, Paralysis, Bleed)[Equipped]

Guardian Vest(2 MIT)[Equipped]

Regal Retribution(1 Mitigation, 2 Thorns)[Equipped]

Andvari's Blessing(3 LD)

Items:

Teleport Crystal

Skills:

One handed Rapier Rank 4

First Aid Rank 2

Familiar Mastery: Fighter rank 2

The trip was long and almost tedious, but the two players would come across a familiar face, and the mood of the journey would change. At the settlement's gate, Krysta would see Laida. "Laida, Hello!" Krysta would say as she waved to the player. Laida would notice, and see the two players. "Heeey! Krysta!" Laida would run over to Krysta. "It's been a while since we saw each other, how have you been?" Krysta would be honest. "Well, I could be better. I defeated Avalanche, but I came across a mimic that was too much for me to handle. I seek to defeat the Sand Shark as of the moment. I have some training to accomplish, that I might achieve the second tier." Alanin would nod his head in agreement. "What she speaks is true. I have been leading her to the bosses, since I am a former informant. I am Alanin, pleasure to make your acquaintance."

Laida would listen to Krysta's words. "So you're after the Sand Shark, then? I can keep the peskier monsters from getting in the way, and I can even get their attention! I am a Tank, so that's part of the whole package deal." She would turn to look at Alanin. "Nice to meet you, Alanin, I'm Laida! So you're a former informant? That means you must know things, right? What can you tell me of the remaining bosses?"  Alanin would gladly make his explanation again. "Certainly. So, there are about five of them in all. The Wasp Queen, Avalanche, The Sand Shark, Byakko, and Amphis Serpens. The wasp queen appears on the second floor, Avalanche on this one, The Sand Shark is found on the fifth floor, Byakko sometimes appears in the sixth floor, and the Amphis Serpens can be sighted in the seventh floor." Krysta had heard this before, and so had Laida, for she had already faced these bosses before. "So then, Leon, can you lead the way to the Sand Shark's location?"

Alanin would agree. "Certainly, Jewel, let us make the journey at once." Laida would notice that the two players addressed each other by different names. "Um, did you know each other back in the real world or something?" Krysta would look to Laida with a smile. "We do indeed know each other from the real world. We are good friends, and I doubt that anything will change about it." Laida would nod, and notice something that Krysta didn't. Alanin seemed to have a mild look of disappointment on his face when Krysta mentioned that nothing would change the friendship status between the two. "Hmm...ok. Anyway, if you need any help, with combat or tanking, I'm ready for it! Just say the word!" Laida would put aside the issue for the time being, but that wouldn't stop her from keeping a close eye on Alanin when she wasn't in Krysta's field of vision.

The players would travel throughout the sands, which were troublesome for Krysta to deal with, due to this being her first time having to walk through it. She would be ready for the coming fight, she was sure of it. Yolviinsil flew through the air, eventually landing on the sands, then taking flight and breathing fire onto it, turning the sands to glass. The small ruby red feathered dragon would then examine the glass curiously, wondering how her flames had changed the patch of sand into something completely different. Krysta and Laida giggled over the little dragon's antics. Alanin would simply smile. While there might not have been much to speak of during the journey, this kind of made things slightly better. Yolviinsil would interact with the glass a bit more before returning to Krysta's shoulder. The small ruby red feathered dragon believed that this floor was quite a strange one indeed.

Alanin would stop suddenly. "A disturbance... This must be the place, the sands are shifting..." Krysta did not know what this meant. Before she could ask, multiple oversized scorpions emerged from the sands. Alanin and Laida would draw their weapons, ready to face the creatures. Krysta would pull out her rapier and her shield, but another creature would choose to appear at this time... A monstrous creature emerged from the sand, leaping out, and lunging at Krysta. Krysta would raise her shield, and attempt to attack the creature, but her attack was interrupted by the monster's attack. Her shield's thorns enhancement would damage the creature, and it's name and HP would appear in view. This was the Sand Shark, the creature Krysta was hunting. "So you come before me with trickery and surprise...You shall not last long against me, hunter of the sands! Your hunt shall end today!" She would call out to the creature.

ID# 123473 BD: 5(miss), MD: 7(hit)

Thorns Damage: Sand Shark takes 18 Damage

Krysta: HP 417/440, EN 42/44, | 8 DMG | 27 MIT | 18 Thorns | PAR | T1 Bleed

Enemies:

Sand Shark: HP 107/125, 50 DMG

Edited by Krysta

The Sand Shark dove back into the sands. As Krysta kept her eye out for the creature, she would look around, seeing how Alanin and Laida were doing against the scorpions. Laida let out a Howl to grab the scorpions' attention, and Alanin would strike them all using an Area of Effect Sword Art. Krysta would see the Sand Shark's fin, and she would ready herself. She sidestepped when the Sand Shark lunged out, and Krysta would attack the field boss from the side, using the sword art known as Penetrate. "Your trickery has its limits, foul creature! I have found a hole in your strategy, it can serve you no longer!" The Sand Shark let out a growling snarl of some sort, then it dove back into the sand. Yolviinsil wondered if her assistance could possibly turn the monster's hide into glass, or, at least, the sand still on it.

ID# 123474 BD: 8(hit), MD: 4(Miss)

Penetrate: 8x8=64 Damage to Sand Shark

Krysta: HP 417/440, EN 34/44, | 8 DMG | 27 MIT | 18 Thorns | PAR | T1 Bleed

Enemies:

Sand Shark: HP 43/125, 50 DMG

Edited by Krysta

Alanin and Laida would both make use of their Area of Effect sword arts, bringing all four of the scorpions' HP levels to red. The Sand Shark's fin was in sight again, and Krysta readied herself to attack the monster. However, she chose the wrong time to attack. She would trip over the sands(how does such a thing even happen?), and fall onto them. Fortunately, the Sand Shark's leaping lunge would soar over Krysta. Unfortunately, she would have some of the sand in her mouth. A truly uncomfortable thing indeed. "Agh, EEEYYAAGH! PLAGH!" She would struggle slightly to get the sands out. Hopefully, this wouldn't give the Sand Shark another chance for a surprise attack. Alanin would notice this, and rush over to assist Krysta. "Jewel, are you alright?" Krysta would try to reassure Alanin. "I...Plegh, I'm fine...Agh, finish the scorpions, that sandy brute is mine to handle! Agggh, it shall pay for this..."

ID# 123475 BD: 1(Critical Miss!!), MD: 3(miss) 

Krysta: HP 417/440, EN 32/44, | 8 DMG | 27 MIT | 18 Thorns | PAR | T1 Bleed

Enemies:

Edited by Krysta

To say that things brightened up from here, or that something in the combat actually changed, would be nothing but a complete lie. Alanin would return to the fight, but both he and Laida would fail to hit their targets. The oversized scorpions hissed, being unable to penetrate through Laida's heavy armor. Krysta would get the sand out of her mouth, but when she spotted the approaching sand shark fin, she would prepare to attack...but wind up repeating history. The same exact thing conspired. Krysta fell into the sand, and the sand shark leaped over Krysta. With the sand in her mouth again, Krysta was now far more aggravated at the sand shark. She needed to fight, but she was having a hard time. "If only I could just do without this accursed sand..." She thought as she tried getting the sand out of her mouth once again. She would hope to forget this battle soon after it was done...

ID# 123688 BD: 1(Critical Miss!!), MD: 5(miss)

Krysta: HP 417/440, EN 30/44, | 8 DMG | 27 MIT | 18 Thorns | PAR | T1 Bleed

Enemies:

Edited by Krysta

After getting the sand out of her mouth for a second time, things finally turned around. Laida finished off the first two scorpions, and Alanin finished off the other two. The sand shark's fin came into view. Krysta readied herself, and she would disrupt the monster's attack with her own, finishing the monster off. The sand shark would shatter, and the battle would end. "There, it is done." Krysta declared. She looked around, there didn't seem to be any other monsters hiding in the sand. "It appears that there are no more of them. Shall we return to the safe zone? I need to reach the next floor, and vanquish Byakko." Laida looked around. "Yeah, I'm sure we would know if there were any other monsters around. Only humanoid NPCs, and players, can hide without any tell-tale signs revealing their locations....except for that one boss...but that's all the way over in the tier two floors, we're down here in the first tier...aside from me in terms of level, of course!" She chirped.

ID# 123691 BD: 7(hit), MD: 2(miss)

Crucifixion: 8x6=48

Krysta: HP 417/440, EN 24/44, | 8 DMG | 27 MIT | 18 Thorns | PAR | T1 Bleed

Enemies:

Sand Shark: HP 0/125, 50 DMG

Edited by Krysta

Alanin's eyes widened. "Wait, you aren't in the first tier?" He asked. Laida would nod her head when she turned to look at him. "That's right, I'm tier two. My level is in...the thirties, I think. Lemme check..." She noted. She would pull up her menu, and after a minute or two, she would close it up and declare, "Level thirty five." with a smile on her face. Krysta would smile as well. "Indeed, she is on the road to being both a helpful tank and a fair fighter."  She noted. Laida looked over to Krysta. "Aw, thanks. As for your original question, sure. I've faced Byakko before, so I'll tell you right off the bat, be careful with that thing. It has some mild mitigation, and its flames can phase through your defenses. A few items on hand, and that might not be a problem. A teleport Crystal wouldn't hurt, either..."

The three would begin the journey back. Krysta would take a quick look around the area, but there didn't seem to be anything else in the area. She would speak her thoughts on Laida's words. "So, Byakko has burn attacks? It can potentially inflict a status ailment upon me?" She asked. Laida noticed what Krysta said, and would tell her what she really meant. "No, it's not a status ailment... When it manages to make a critical hit, it deals its burn damage instantly, a portion of its normal damage level being added upon that. If you still have Snowfrost from the battle against Avalanche, note that the salve won't work against Byakko's attacks. Snowfrost can only effect the burn status ailment, not burn damage in general..." She explained. Alanin would nod his head. "Indeed, this will most likely be the one that may potentially pose a threat to you, Jewel. You will need to be wary for the incoming battles..." He noted.

ID# 123706 LD: 14(nothing found)

Edited by Krysta

Krysta would nod her head. "I see...I will take your words of caution to heart, for the next battle, as you say, will be far tougher than what I have seen so far..." She stated. Laida would have a question for the two players. "So...how long did you two know each other before this game?" Krysta would speak first. "I first met Leon about six years before this game began." She answered. Alanin would respond after Krysta had finished saying her answer. "Indeed, it was six years...although, I will admit, it almost feels as though I have known her all my life..." Both Krysta and Laida noticed there was something hidden in his choice of words, but would decide to not speak of it. Krysta found a patch of color amongst the desert sands, and when she took a look, it would be a pile of dead snakes, their scaly leather apparently a usable material. She would collect the material, and continue on the road back to the safe zone.

ID# 123707 LD: 20(found 1 T1 Material)

Edited by Krysta

Krysta was going to continue the conversation, but then some of the small jagged rocks were moving...wait, those weren't stones... Krysta would ready her weapon and her shield. She moved over to where there was a large rock jutting out of the ground behind her, and she would jump to the side to avoid the sudden lunge of a large snake, which would ram itself into the rock. Krysta would take the opportunity to attack with Penetrate. Two other large snakes would appear from the ground, targeting the other two players. "Sand Serpents!" Laida called out. Alanin would deflect the attack of the sand serpent he was fighting. "Be on guard, Jewel, these creatures tend to be among the more powerful monsters found on this floor!" He called out to Krysta. Krysta would look towards the Sand Serpent she was fighting. Clearly, it was not expecting her to figure out what it was doing.

ID# 123708 BD: 7(Hit), MD: 1(Critical Miss)

Penetrate: 8x8=64

Krysta: HP 440/440, EN 36/44, | 8 DMG | 27 MIT | 18 Thorns | PAR | T1 Bleed

Enemies:

Sand Serpent: HP 156/220, 66 DMG

Edited by Krysta

The Sand Serpent would hiss at Krysta, clearly frustrated that its surprise attack didn't work. Krysta would stand firm in her usual battle stance. "Slithering monstrosity, you shall be vanquished! I have fought creatures with such a similar trick as you have tried!" Krysta called out to the monster. She would attempt to attack, and she would also raise her shield. It was a good thing that she raised her shield, for the monster would interrupt Krysta's attack, and end up biting onto the shield as its fangs scratched her, dealing damage. The fangs must have been sharper than Krysta thought. She would glance over to the other two players to see how they were faring. They were clashing with the Sand Serpents, striking them with their weapons, and deflecting their attacks. She would look back to her own battle, and free her shield from the Sand Serpent's jaw. The monster would shake its head, and hiss with aggravation, having felt the thorns enhancement on Krysta's shield.

ID# 123709 BD: 3(miss), MD: 6(hit)

Thorns Damage: Sand Serpent takes 18 damage

Krysta: HP 401/440, EN 34/44, | 8 DMG | 27 MIT | 18 Thorns | PAR | T1 Bleed

Enemies:

Sand Serpent: HP 138/220, 66 DMG

Edited by Krysta

Krysta would ready her sword art, and attack the serpentine monster with Penetrate. The Sand Serpent would hiss with pain and aggravation upon the piercing impact of the attack, and it would slither much faster as to ram Krysta. It would ram her onto the flat end of one of the jagged stones poking out of the ground. The attack would not activate the thorns enhancement, meaning the attack must have been critical. Krysta looked over the monster to see the other fights. Alanin was slammed into the sand, but he quickly retaliated against the Sand Serpent he was facing. Laida would block the attack of the Sand Serpent she was facing, and then she would strike back with her one-handed spear. Krysta looked back to the Sand Serpent she was up against. "Your lucky hit alone will not help you. You will need to do far more if you are to best me in battle." She declared.

ID# 123714 BD: 8(Hit), MD: 9(Critical! +1 DMG)

Krysta: HP 361/440, EN 26/44, | 8 DMG | 27 MIT | 18 Thorns | PAR | T1 Bleed

Enemies:

Sand Serpent: HP 74/220, 66 DMG

Edited by Krysta

Krysta would attempt to attack the monster again, but the Sand Serpent would manage to slither away fast enough in time to avoid Krysta's attack. The Sand Serpent then would slither towards Krysta in order to strike her. Krysta raised her shield, and the serpentine monster's fangs would collide with it. The Sand Serpent dared not go any further in its attack, for it knew full well of the consequences of attacking Krysta while her shield was raised like that. Krysta would look over to the other two fights that were going on while the Sand Serpent she was facing was in lock with her shield. Alanin was swiftly continuing to damage the Sand Serpent he was facing, and the serpentine monstrosity was having a hard time at this point. Laida managed to drop the HP of the sand serpent she was facing into the red, and the monster appeared to be reconsidering its options. 

ID# 123716 BD: 3(Miss), MD: 2(Miss)

Krysta: HP 361/440, EN 24/44, | 8 DMG | 27 MIT | 18 Thorns | PAR | T1 Bleed

Enemies:

Sand Serpent: HP 74/220, 66 DMG

Edited by Krysta

Laida stopped suddenly, and looked the creature in the eyes, and it seemed to become far more wary. Laida would stand her spear up, and hold her shield in position. Her next words would be a shock to hear. "If you want to flee, go ahead and slither away. I won't stop you." The Sand Serpent she was facing would appear confused at first, but then realize she was giving it a chance to flee. It was then that the Sand Serpent realized that the girl was only defending herself, as were the other two, no doubt. It bowed its head to Laida as a gesture of thanks, its cursor would change from red to yellow, and it would slither away at top speed. Krysta was entirely surprised by this. The Sand Serpent that Krysta was facing saw this unfold, and it hissed as if berating the Sand Serpent that fled. Krysta took this chance to attack the monster that was clearly more on the evil side than its comrade that fled. The monster would then retaliate with a critical hit.

ID# 123717 BD: 7(hit), MD: 9(Critical! +1 DMG)

Krysta: HP 321/440, EN 16/44, | 8 DMG | 27 MIT | 18 Thorns | PAR | T1 Bleed

Enemies:

Sand Serpent: HP 10/220, 66 DMG

Edited by Krysta

Krysta would ask about Laida letting the monster get away later. Besides, it could have simply been defending itself. The Sand Serpent that Krysta was facing, however, based on the monster's reaction to one of its own fleeing, it may have been berating it, possibly calling it a coward. Krysta could tell that this one wasn't a good creature, for not only did it hiss at its own ally's choice, but it started the fight in the first place. "You berate your own ally for sparing my friend, which in turn spared its own life as well. Foul creature, your actions will not be tolerated any longer! I shall defeat you!" She called out to the Sand Serpent. The serpentine monster would glare at Krysta, and decide to go back to fighting this girl who was looking all valiant and justified. Punishing his ally would come later, this adventurer was a larger threat than he originally anticipated. He would have to keep the timing right in order to defeat her. He would aim correctly, for Krysta failed to block his attack. He let out a few short hisses, as if they were laughter. Not so tough now, was she?

ID# 123718 BD: 5(Miss), MD: 9(Critical! +1 DMG)

Krysta: HP 281/440EN 14/44, | 8 DMG | 27 MIT | 18 Thorns | PAR | T1 Bleed

Enemies:

Sand Serpent: HP 10/220, 66 DMG

Edited by Krysta

Krysta would be ready to finish this creature off, for its HP was in the red, and it did not seem to realize or care. Krysta glanced over to the side to see Alanin finish off the other Sand Serpent, and she would look back to the Sand Serpent that she was facing. "See here, the consequence of your actions! Your loyal ally is dead, and your reasonable ally has left. Your evil intent is the reason you shall die alone, by my hand!" She called out to the monster. The Sand Serpent hissed. Is that all she had left? A few words? Was she trying to intimidate him? He cared not that his loyal ally was dead, she had the true pride of his species. A true Sand Serpent always fought until the end! Whether it be simple hunting, or the unending war with these pitiful creatures that dared to think themselves superior! Krysta would clash with the Sand Serpent once more, deflecting its fangs, then finishing it off with a well-timed Rip Ravine Sword Art. The Sand Serpent hissed in dismay. How could this being have bested him in battle? Granted, she was a formidable opponent indeed, as would be expected of any female creature, in his opinion, like that of his own species. He had failed in his part, but maybe, one day, his kind would get their revenge on humanity... The monster would shatter, and the loot menu would appear in front of Krysta, showing her what she had received from the defeated Sand Serpent. "It is done, another evil monster has been vanquished..."

ID# 123719 BD: 10(Critical, +2 base DMG), MD: 3(Miss)

Rip Ravine: 10x2=20

ID# 123720 CD: 5, LD: 12(looted 1100 col, 2 T1 Mats, 1 <<Unidentified T1 Rare Rapier>>, and 1 <<Unidentified T1 Consumable>>) 

Krysta: HP 281/440EN 12/44, | 8 DMG | 27 MIT | 18 Thorns | PAR | T1 Bleed

Enemies:

Sand Serpent: HP 0/220, 66 DMG

Edited by Krysta