Spoiler

LEVEL - 1
HP - 20
EN - 2
DMG - 5
ACC - 1
MIT - 
EVA - 

<<Equipped>> "Cross of Regret" - Two-Handed Straight Sword (T1 - Rare)
Accuracy - Gain +1 to the BD when attacking. Cannot be used to cause a critical hit.
Damage - Gain +1 base damage per slot.

<<Equipped>> Partial Plate Armor (Light Armor)

Skills:

<<Weapon skills>>

• Two-Handed Weapons
    +3 base damage 

Yukiro rubbed the base of his neck. So this is how you find a quest? It seems straightforward enough. Kinda rough, not knowing how such a world operates. He shouldn't be wasting time complaining though. This is his first quest. He should be listening to the rambling NPC in front of him. 

"... should be plenty in the caves past the southern forest--heck, you may even find some layin' around half-buried in the dirt! Just bring 'em here and we'll make you into a proper blacksmith," the large, bearded man finished with an animated laugh. 

Right. I guess that means my job is to go out and find something to make into a sword. That means some kind of metal, right? Would he really find ores lying around? Is that how games work? Odd.

"I will return shortly, with the required metals," Yukiro said much more boldly than he felt. He had a feeling he was getting into a little more than he could handle. 

Edited by Yukiro
Coloring speech

Yukiro wandered down the streets towards the open fields where he would gather materials. He stole glances at other players; some laughing with friends, others walking alone like him. It pained his heart a bit to see the cheerful parties, but he knew better than to dwell on it. Instead, he simply walked faster.

The number of people began to thin as he approached the open plains. Yukiro reached the edge of the town and stared out at the grassy fields. No, no time to waste. Finish quickly and move on. He jogged out of town to figure out how to find materials. Glancing around as he ran, Yukiro noticed a small cave. Right, the place the blacksmith. He slowed down as he approached. It was clear that he should be more careful as he approaches such landmarks. In the interest of time, he decided he'd rather avoid combat. Glancing around to make sure nothing, and nobody, was around he edged his way into the cave. 

Edited by Yukiro
Spoiler

ID# 124726 -  Loot: 6

Yukiro glanced scrutinizingly around the entrance to the cave, looking for something that stood out. Ah! Something was shining through the dirt just a few feet away. Stepping towards and crouching next to the unusual light, he shifted the dirt to discover some kind of glimmering mineral! He began to dig around it in hopes of pulling it out. Eventually, he managed to wrap his hand around the item and pull it free of the earth. It was more crystalline than metallic, but Yukiro couldn't help but smile. It was literally just laying in the dirt.

Suddenly the item began to glow in his hand. Yukiro watched the item in absent surprise. Then it shattered. 
"Ack!" Yukiro grasped at the fading pieces of the mineral. He sat there, dumbfounded, for nearly a minute before sighing and rising to his feet. 
"I suppose this isn't going to be as simple as I anticipated..." he muttered to himself as he began to stalk deeper into the cave. At least he knew what to look for now...

Edited by Yukiro

Spoiler

ID# 124727 - Loot: 14

Yukiro crept deeper and deeper into the cave. He found several ores, each of which shattered as he held it. He was beginning to get annoyed with the ordeal, which he knew was a bad sign. If he couldn't defeat a rock, he wasn't going to make it very far. 

As he thought this Yukiro came across another distinctive spot of light. He rubbed his hands together, breathing slowly and deeply. "Surely, this time, I will get the rock."

He dug around the fragment more slowly, more carefully than before, hoping that maybe the technique would help his chances of obtaining the item. He resisted the biting urge to pull the crystal out until the item was fully uncovered. Finally, after nearly three minutes of careful digging, a small, round hole encompassed a shining piece of material. Yukiro breathed a tired sigh of relief. 

Then the item shattered. Yukiro stared down at the place where it had once shone. "..." 

"I hate this game." It was all he could say to keep himself composed. 

Edited by Yukiro

Spoiler

Monster; Cave Wolf - HP 10 Dmg 3
ID# 124792
BD: 3  MD: 2
Yukiro: 20/20 HP I 0/2 EN (-2) 
Cave Wolf: 10/10 HP

Nearly half an hour later Yuriko was no closer to obtaining any sort of material. It was getting on his nerves. This was supposed to be a quick, easy quest right? Then why has he been hunched over in a cave for nearly an hour!? This is ludicrous! Slowly, Yukiro got to his feet. 
"Fine then. I don't care," he muttered to himself before turning and storming towards the exit. When he got halfway back he began to hear a growling sound behind him. Stepping away from the noise as he spun around, he saw a dog. No, a wolf. 
Yukiro couldn't help but grin. He'd been waiting to cut something. And this was a perfect chance to try out one of those 'sword skills'.
Drawing his sword, Yukiro didn't bother with a stance. He took a stance and waited until his sword started to glow. He grinned as the wolf crouched. 
As Yukiro moved to swing his sword, however, it suddenly lurched forward, pulling Yukiro at an awkward angle. Tripping with the unexpected movement of his weapon, Yukiro landed face-first in the dirt. The wolf launched itself over his head as he swiftly pulled himself back up. 

Gritting his teeth in frustration Yukiro tightened his grip on the sword. 
"I... really don't like sword arts."

Edited by Yukiro

Spoiler

Monster; Cave Wolf - HP 10 Dmg 3
ID# 124793
BD: 1  MD: 4
Yukiro: 20/20 HP I 0/2 EN (+1 -1) 
Cave Wolf: 10/10 HP

Yukiro slowly turned to glare at the wolf. He took a deep breath and raised his sword. He closed his eyes, trying hard to calm his temper. 
"This isn't a person, it should be easy..." he whispered to himself. Yukiro slowly raised his sword, then quickly opened his eyes.

He opened his eyes just in time. The wolf was already mid lung for a second attack, not sparing much time to think. Yukiro instinctively twisted away from the attack and attempted to swing at the wolf, but it was difficult to swing in the opposite direction of his rotation, so he aborted the strike in favor of regaining proper form.
Stepping away from the wolf as he turned to face it, Yukiro raised his sword over his head for a classic high guard stance. Despite the methodical movement, he was seething at his folly. Closing his eye's in the midst of battle? He might as well ask to be bitten. 

Edited by Yukiro

Spoiler

ID# 124794
BD: 9  MD: 9
Yukiro: 16/20 HP (-4) I 0/2 EN (+1 -1) 
Cave Wolf: 4/10 HP (-6)

Yukiro sighed at his own foolishness. "If I must act in such an idiotic manner, I might as well take advantage of it." He adjusted his stance, putting one leg further out and waited for the wolf to lunge.
The wolf waisted no time this time around. Turning sharply it snapped it's jaws one and lept towards Yukiro again. Yukiro calmly raised his knee to his chest and leaned forward. The wolf plowed into the leg and bit with an unexpected amount of ferocity. Yukiro pushed off the ground with one leg, shoving his other leg forward with all his might to send the wolf flying away from him in an upward arc.
Taking advantage of the wolf's air time Yukiro swung his sword in a full ark, cleaving down through the wolf's torso. The wild dog hit the ground with a heavy thud, a large red line through its center. Slowly, it rose up and growled at him again. 

Edited by Yukiro

Spoiler

ID# 124795 
BD: 2  MD: 4
Yukiro: 16/20 HP I 0/2 EN (+1 -1) 
Cave Wolf: 4/10 HP 

Yuriko began to dodge instead of attack, learning to read the creature's movements. Very soon, he was able to recognize the basis of its attack patterns. He hadn't noticed it because wasn't used to having an opponent with such an obvious repetition of attacks, but the mob's movements were based on a repeating pattern. He stepped away as the wolf snapped at his legs, twisted away as it jumped at his arms, and jumped to the side when it lunged. He was getting to the point where he could nearly do it subconsciously.
The wolf lunged. Yukiro stepped aside, and the wolf sailed harmlessly past him. That was the third lunge. So now it would pause again before attacking. As it landed, Yukiro stepped forward and made to stab it, holding his hefty sword in one hand. To his surprise, the wolf hopped away. Odd, he thought, it hasn't done that before. Perhaps it is able to dodge when it pauses? 
Or perhaps he was simply too lazy in his attack.

Edited by Yukiro
Spoiler

Monster; Cave Wolf - HP 10 Dmg 3
ID# 124810
BD:10  MD: 6 LD: 1  CD: 12
Yukiro: 13/20 HP (-3) I EN 0 (+1 -1)
Cave Wolf: 0/10 HP (-7)
Loot: 65 col + 2 T1 bonus materials 

The wolf snapped at Yukiro's feet. He took a half-step back, just enough for the wolf to miss him. The wolf bit at his shins again. He continued to narrowly side step the animal's attempted attacks, testing to see how his own actions influenced the mobs. He took a bigger leap away and wawtched as the wolf crouched in preparation for a lunge. Yukiro waited for the wolf's jump before briskly moving aside. The wolf, once again, ailed past him. It landed closer than usual, and instead of preparing another lunge it turned to rush at him again. Yukiro made a mental note that the proximity of the mob affected the mob's response. 
This time, rather than moving away, Yukiro kicked the wolf, ramming his boot through it's mouth. Unsurprisingly, the wolf bit down on Yukiro, who watched his health drop a little further. Without wasting a beat, he one-handedly swept his sword down and through the wolf's throat. The canine released his limb, writhed a moment, and shattered into small fragments.
"Shameful, to struggle so much against such a minor foe," Yukiro berated himself, "But I suppose I have a sort of talent for making things break..." 
A small window appeared, displaying rewards for killing the beast. Some money and two wolf bones. 
Well, a victory is a victory.

Edited by Yukiro
Spoiler

Yukiro: HP 20/20 (+10)
(2)/5 Materials

ID# 124811
LD: 11

Yukiro looked over the money and items he had just gained. Are wolf bones able to be forged? How would that work? It didn't matter, he supposed. It is a game, there must be some way it will work. Right?
Yukiro sighed and sat down, leaning back against the wall. He would have to get used to the odd combat systems of this world. And learn how to use sword arts to his advantage. If his memory served correctly, the sword arts would attempt to assist his movement. Considering this, it may lead to wasted movement though. He hoped whoever designed the sword arts had the attention to detail to make the efficient. 
A soft glow started next to where Yukiro was sitting. He stared at it for a moment before sighing heavily. "Better metal than bone for a sword," he decided before setting to work uncovering the hidden treasure. 

It shattered when he picked it up. 

Edited by Yukiro
Spoiler

ID# 124812 
LD: 3

Yukiro continued to wander towards the cave's exit. He did not find any more wolves, which half relieved him and half dismayed him. No matter. He would find plenty of boars when he exited the cave. 
He also found only one glowing spot, one gathering point. He had decided that maybe, just maybe, he could get some ore. He had dug around it, careful not to touch it, until it was nearly free of the earth. He felt so relieved when his fingers clasped it's smooth, hard surface.
He could not get some ore. It shattered immediately following his retrieval of the crystal. This had sent him into a short period of lamenting his lack of ability to pick up minerals.
After relieving himself of his brooding Yukiro stood up and continued towards the cave entrance. Had he really gone this deep? Had he taken a wrong turn? 
He went around a corner and much brighter light stung his eyes. The cave's glowing lights suddenly seemed dim when compared to the light of the sun. 
Once his eyes had recovered, he marched to what was now the exit to the cave.

Edited by Yukiro
Spoiler

Yukiro: HP 20/20 I EN 2/2 

ID# 124813
LD: 9

Yukiro crouched down at the entrance to the cave, looking carefully around the entrance of the cave. Yukiro found it difficult to see any glowing spots. The light from the sun drowned out any possibility of the relatively faint glow of the crystal through the ground. He let out a tired sigh and stood up, turning away from the hopeless endeavor. Then he saw it.
A pile of rocks. Not very big, but not terribly small either. and among them, the glint of a crystal-like ore stood out like fireworks in the midnight sky. 
How had he missed this on his way here? Was he really that oblivious? 
If so, it was a little sad.
Deciding not to dwell on it, Yukiro jogged over to the rock pile and inspected it closer. The ore was literally sticking out of the ground, only somewhat covered by the rocks surrounding it. 
Yeah, it was definitely sad that he had missed it.
Yukiro was able to simply pick the ore up. No digging. He stood up with the ore in his hands. 
It shattered. Yukiro watched the familiar fragments disperse.

Edited by Yukiro
Spoiler

Monster; Boar- HP 10 Dmg 3
ID# 124814
BD: 7 MD: 3 LD: 1 CD: 12
Yukiro: HP 20/20 I EN 0/2 (-2)
Boar: HP: 0/10 (-10) I Dmg 3
Loot: 100 col + (2) T1 Materials

Yukiro wandered, almost aimlessly, towards the entrance to the Town of Beginnings. He watched boars graze and grass shudder in the wind. The ores continued to glint mercilessly at him. He didn't bother trying to gather them. It was a lost cause. He knew the result. 
A party of players ran by. I hope they go to the cave, Yukiro thought, I hope they fail to get a single piece of ore. All he had managed to get were some wolf bones, so he was somewhat bitter. 
Wait. Mobs drop materials. Boars were everywhere. He could just go get some items from them. Yukiro scolded himself for yet another late realization before looking around at the available boars. The closest one was simply eating grass. A perfect target to blow off steam.
Yukiro drew his sword. I know how the sword art tries to move now, he thought, I can use it. 
He entered a stance more appropriate for the sword art, an open low stance. He lifted his sword up and to the side and paused until he heard the sound of the sword art activating. He lunged forward with the sword's movement and swiped down, targeting the boar's head. The sword entered easily through the boar's face and out its backside, leaving a long red stroke across its body. The boar didn't even react; it simply shattered into pieces. 
Yukiro held his sword up and looked at it, smiling. Perhaps sword arts aren't so bad, he decided. Maybe. 

Edited by Yukiro
Spoiler

Yukiro: HP 20/20 I EN 1/2 (+1)

ID# 124815
LD: 19
Found: (1) T1 Material

Yukiro whipped his sword back and forth in one hand, accustoming himself to it's weight and feel. He was feeling pretty good. He'd just gotten one boar tusk and some boar hide. If the bones could be forged then, he supposed, so could a tusk. and leather would make a good handle wrap, so that was almost definitely a usable material. The only question that remained was, could he forge a sword without metal?
He stopped to debate. Did he want to try and get more bones and teeth, and risk finding out he couldn't make a sword without metal? Or should he continue to try and get an ore so he could eliminate the possibility of not meeting the requirements? 
Either way, it would be much longer if he spent to much time thinking about it. Deciding that he'd rather not have to walk back through town pointlessly, he looked around for the nearest pile of rocks. 
Upon seeing a nearby glint in the ground Yukiro walked over, still swinging his sword in front of him, and stared down at his nemesis. Still not wanting to waste time, he sheathed his sword and reached down towards the ore. He paused just before touching it to take a deep breath, then grabbed it and hoisted it up with speed. 
To his utter amazement, it didn't shatter. It didn't break or disappear. Internally celebrating, Yukiro tapped the crystal and it entered his inventory.

Edited by Yukiro
Spoiler

Boar; HP 10 Dmg 3
ID# 124816
BD: 9 CD: 11 LD: 20 MD: 6
Yukiro: HP 17/20 (-3) I EN 0/2 (-2)
Boar: HP 0/10 (-11)
Loot: 153 col + (2) T1 Materials + <<Unidentified T1 Perfect Weapon>>

Yukiro continued on his way to the Town of Beginnings, pleasantly surprised at the sudden turn of events. As he drew near the city gates, his mind began to wander.
It would be a waste to simply leave without having fought to my heart's content, he figured. Perhaps he should face another boar, just for the fun of it.
Drawing his sword, he approached a boar. To his surprise, it looked up and snorted at him. The previous one hadn't reacted at all. Or maybe it simply had no time to do so. The boar shook it's head a bit and charged. Yukiro waited until the last second to move aside from the beast's charge. When he did, to his shock, the boar wheeled around in an impressively sharp turn and managed to gore his leg with its tusk. 
Tsk. 
Yukiro didn't bother waiting for the boar to stop. He started his attack and waited until his sword art initiated, using it to lunge toward the boar and cleave through it in one stroke. The boar squealed and burst into pieces. 
When the little menu of rewards popped up this time, however, Yukiro let out a cry of surprise. The boar had dropped a weapon!? Why did the boar have a weapon? And why was the boar's weapon even more powerful than his? Yukiro shook his head. Not important. All that mattered was that he had it now. 

And some more boar hide.

Edited by Yukiro

Spoiler

ID# 124818
LD: 8
Yukiri: HP 20/20 (+10) I EN 1/2 (+1)

Yukiro felt good about how he was doing. He'd fought a small bit, he'd found what seemed to be a rare item of sorts, and he finally managed to gather some ore! The increasing amount of col that was accumulating wasn't bad either. All he had to do now was head back to town and forge a sword. He had to wonder, how would that work? Forging was not an easy process... but that could be saved until later.
Yukiro looked around. He was nearly as the city gates, but he happened to be passing by a gathering point. Smiling, Yukiro crouched down and picked through the rocks to get at the mineral that was hidden beneath.
As he unearthed the crystal he got an uneasy feeling. This one was going to shatter, wasn't it? He suddenly became very aware that his good luck would not hold up for long. Still, he'd come this far.
Moments after he'd grabbed the ore his fears were confirmed. The crystal shattered in his hand.

Edited by Yukiro
Spoiler

Yukiro: HP 20/20 I EN 2/2 (+1)

With a slight feeling of dread, Yukiro entered the Town of Beginnings again. Parties of people became more and more common the further he went into the town the more people he could see wandering around, speaking with other players or haggling with shop NPCs. Yukiro did his best to ignore the clamor around him. Despite his best efforts, it still made him uncomfortable to be in crowds.
Yukiro cut into an alleyway to breathe for a moment. It wasn't that he was scared. But it certainly made him nervous to be among large groups of people. Still, he knew what to do. Just stay quiet, don't draw attention to yourself. If you can do that you can bypass crowns. 
Steeling himself for the journey through town, he exited the alley and started to walk briskly down the cobbled path. He reminded himself that the quest was almost over. All he had to do now was use his materials to forge a sword. Knowing his luck, of course, it was going to fail somehow. 
Well, all it would mean is that he would have to fight more. Too bad his hobby is exactly that.

Spoiler

ID# 124821
CD: 5
Lost 5/7 materials
2  materials rermaining

Yukiro walked up to the blacksmith's shop. Pausing at the door, he couldn't shake off that feeling of foreboding. That said, he didn't have much more he could do other than walk in and attempt to do what he must do. Taking a deep breath he opened the door. 
"Welcome! Oh, it's you. You're back, eh?" Cerdic asked loudly. Not bothering to wait for a response he continued with his dialogue, "Well if you've got some materials let's get to it!" 
Yukiro didn't need to talk much around this guy. Even if he was an NPC, he was certainly easy to work with. Yukiro followed his directions, putting all three tusks, one wolf bone, and one boar hide into the forge to heat up. Yukiro decided against using the ore in the process-- for no reason other than his gut told him so. 
After about a minute Cerdic began to continue with Yukiro's instructions. "Now then, now that everythin's melded together, you've got an ingot. All you gotta do is forge it out and into a weapon!" 
Yukiro used the tongs Cerdic has given him to pull what was now a red-hot metal bar from the forge's heat. 
Huh. I guess you can forge leather and bone in this.
Yukiro placed the ingot on the anvil. "Now then," Cerdic said, "Use this here hammer to bash the metal into a proper shape!" he bellowed as he handed Yukiro his hammer. Yukiro accepted the massive tool and found it to be only slightly lighter than it looked. With much effort, he managed to lift the massive thing and bash it down onto the ingot a few times. After those few strikes, the ingot's shape began to alter. It no longer seemed to be a metal bar; rather, it appeared to be the makings of a true sword. It began to glow...
And shattered. 
Yukiro watched the pieces fade, partially in disbelief yet partially unsurprised. In an instant, his mind caught up with the situation. He knew what needed to be done.
"... is a shame, when a promising project ends in failure," Cerdic was beginning. Yukiro had scarcely any time to wait. 

"I shall return shortly!" he called back to Cerdic, who stopped his dialogue and waved.

Edited by Yukiro
Spoiler

Boar; HP 10 Dmg 3
ID# 124822
BD: 7 CD: 9 LD: 10 MD: 4
Yukiro: HP 20/20 I EN 0/2 (-2)
Boar: HP 0/10 (-10) 
Loot: 100 col + (2) T1 materials + Unidentified T1 Rare Trinket 

Yukiro sprinted down the street as fast as he could. He didn't want to admit it, but losing those hard-earned materials had affected him. He made a break for the town's exit. He needed materials. And he needed them now. 
He made it out of the town in a relatively short time. Without wasting a thought, he drew his sword and charged the first boar he saw. He raised his weapon and allowed the sword art to activate. Making a short leap toward the boar he cleaved his sword down on its head with all his might. The boar shattered without even a reaction.
Yukiro stopped and leaned on his sword, breathing heavily from his long dash. He checked the window that popped up. Two more tusks. Good, he just needed one more thing and he could forge a weapon. There was also some kind of item, but he was feeling to rushed to bother checking it.

Edited by Yukiro
Spoiler

ID# 124829
LD: 9

Yukiro wandered around. Why were there no gathering points here? Was he to close to town? Had they already be discovered and looted by other players? Not that he could do much more than keep looking. He was low on spirits and out of options. 
Finally, he simply decided to sit down and rest for a bit. Unbuckling his sword's sheath from his belt, he sat down and laid his great-sword next to him.
Looking around, he noticed a group of players teaming up to fight a boar. One with a shield, one with a sword and another with some kind of hammer. The shield user would block and attack so that the sword and hammer users could get an easy attack on the boar. The eliminated the boar easily, then moved to the next one. 
"So that's what it means to have a team," Yukiro thought out loud, "Seems to be very effective. Makes me wish..." 
H let his toughs trail off instead of continuing them. No need to tread dangerous roads unnecessarily. 

Edited by Yukiro