[F01 - PP] New Friends, New Weapons <<Katana Acquistion>>

Koga was watching some boars as they grazed lazily on the grass that grew in the plains near the Town of Beginnings. It felt stupid, to be planning out how to kill a few boars when there were others planning out how to kill bosses and clear dungeons in the floors above him, but hey, even they started where he was right? And if he had any hope of catching up to them, he was gonna have to suck it up and grind it out. There wasn't really much of choice in the matter. It was either this, or die trying to kill something slightly stronger because he was being an idiot. No, Koga was crazy and a little stupid, but not that crazy and stupid. The man sighed as he rolled his shoulders and spoke to himself, "Welp, those boars ain't gonna kill themselves. Better get to it." It was only two boars after all. How hard could that be?

@Yukiro

Ah, the sport of murdering entire colonies of boars. Yukiro could think of few things more relaxing and fewer things more fun than practicing his swordsmanship. It was always in his nature to spend his time sparring and the like, and it helped that the boars could be killed without remorse. 
Yukiro had just been laying on a grassy hill as a break from his usual combat. But too much of a break was bad for morale. 
"Back to it, I suppose," he said, hoisting himself up. Glancing around, he spotted a small heard of boars. A perfect target. 
Yukiro drew his sword and casually began to stroll down the hill towards the tusked pigs. 
"Who knows? Maybe they'll drop some bacon." 
Taking a few practice swings Yukiro scanned the area for anything that might interfere with his combat. Nothing stood out to him, so he assumed it would be fine to practice using sword arts. He was still pretty bad at using sword arts. 
Let the games begin. 

@Koga

Edited by Yukiro

Koga's Stats And Equipment

Spoiler

Level 1

HP20

Energy: 2 - 2 = 0

Skills

>> Curved Sword - Rank 1 [DMG +1]

Equipment

>> Rare Curved Sword [DMG +1, ACC +1]

>> Black Longcoat [Light Armor - Vanity]

Battle Ready Inventory

>> [50 HP] Healing Potions (3)

Boars

Spoiler

Boar 1

HP12 - 6 = 6

DMG: 3

Hate: Koga: 0 // Yukiro: 0

Boar 2

HP12

Hate: Koga: 0 + 1 = 1 // Yukiro: 0

Boar 3

HP12

Boar 4

HP12

ID: 126857

BD against Boar 1: 5 +1 = 6 >>Success<<

Sword Art: Rage Blow [x2]

DMG: 3 x 2 = 6 - 0 = 6

Koga knew he had the element of surprise. Okay, well these were AI, but the point was he could initiate an attack before the boars did. The man drew his weapon as he approached the two boars, before yelling loudly as he charged forward, breaking into a full sprint. Just as the man closed the gap between himself and closest boar, the two boars lifted their heads and looked in his direction...as did two more he hadn't seen hiding behind the tall grass. 'Damn, too late to back down now though.' he thought to himself as his blade began to glow red. Rage Blow. The luminous blade bit into the first boar's torso as the man let out another cry. A bright red gash trailed behind the blade as it cleaved its way through the virtual flesh. The boar flew backwards with a cry as the other three boars turned to look at their attacker. "Dinner, here I come..." Koga muttered to himself as he switched to a defensive stance, bringing his sword up in front of him.

@Yukiro

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

ID# 126858 | BD: 10 (9+1) MD: 1 (4-3)
ID# 126859 | BD: 9 (8+1) MD: 5 (8-3)
ID# 126860 | BD: 4 (3+1) MD: 1 (2-3)
ID# 126861 | BD: 3 (2+1) MD: 1 (1-3)
Yukiro: HP 140/140 | EN 6/14 (-8) | Dmg: 7x2= 14 dmg
Boar 1: HP 0/12 (-14) (Hate: Koga: 1 // Yukiro: 2)
Boar 2: HP 0/12 (-14) (Hate: Koga: 0 // Yukiro: 1)

Boar 3: HP 12/12 (Hate: Koga: 0 // Yukiro: 0)
Boar 4: HP 12/12 (Hate: Koga: 0 // Yukiro: 0)

Yukiro contently strolled towards the boars. He swiped his sword back and forth a few times, loosening his sword arm. He was getting close enough that he should start to enter an attacking position.
Out of the corner of his eye Yukirio saw a dark figure dart into his field of vision. As he looked closed he made it out to be a player. His long, curved sword was glowing a bright shade of crimson. As the player reached the boars Yukiro noticed two more boars popping their heads up from the grass. He couldn't be sure, but it looked to him like the darkly dressed player wasn't quite tough enough to take on three boars. 
Guess I'll have to do something. Sorry to interrupt. 
Yukiro dashed toward the fight. The other player slashed one of the boars. Yukiro would have to draw their attention. His blade began to glow a solar orange as he darted into the fray of battle. Yukiro dashed through the group of boars, slashing at the areal boar as well as one other boar. Skidding to a stop as the boars shattered. Yukiro turned to face the other boars.

Edited by Yukiro

Koga

Spoiler

Level 1

HP20

Energy: 0 (0 +1 -1)

Skills

Equipment

Battle Ready Inventory

Boars

Spoiler

Boar 1 >>DEAD<<

HP0 // DMG: 3 // HATE: Koga: 1 // Yukiro: 2

Boar 2: >>DEAD<<

HP0 // DMG: 3 // Hate: Koga: 0 // Yukiro: 1

Boar 3

HP9 (12 - 3) // DMG: 3 // Hate: Koga: 1 // Yukiro: 0

Boar 4

HP12 // DMG: 3 // Hate: Koga: 0 // Yukiro: 0

Spoiler

ID: 126910

BD: 9 (8 +1) >>Success<<

Before Koga even knew it, something else dashed passed him. To the man's surprise, the first boar he'd hit burst into bright red fragments, as did one more. Koga turned to look at whatever had been responsible for stealing his kill...not that he minded since he hadn't really been planning on fighting four boars to begin with but that little instinctive annoyance in the back of his head was still there. But Koga remembered, if he died in-game, there was no respawn. He wasn't about to complain about getting some help. It was another player, clearly a few levels above him. "Nice job," Koga said as he turned back to look at the remaining two boars, "I'll take the one on the left, you take the right?"

Koga stepped toward his target once more. The before dug its hooves into the dirt and snorted before charging at Koga. There was ample time for the black-clad sword wielder to step out of the way, and as he did so he delivered a quick slash to the boar's side causing it squeal as it fell, rolled, and got back on its feet.

@Yukiro

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

ID# 126917 | MD: 2
ID# 126916 | BD: 9 (8+1) MD: 4 (7-3)
Yukiro: HP 140/140 | EN 6/14 
Boar 3: HP 9/12 (Hate: Koga: 1 // Yukiro: 0) (Misses Koga)
Boar 4: HP 0/12 (-14) (Hate: Koga: 0 // Yukiro: 0)

Yukiro skidded to a stop. The black-clad player looked at him with a mixture of surprise, annoyance, and gratitude. 
"Nice job,he said, turning back towards their foes, "I'll take the one on the left, you take the right?"
Without waiting for a response the player stepped forward and sliced at the left boar's side. The creature squealed and spun around to face the one who'd wounded it.
Guess there's no choice.
Yukiro made a dash that lasted only three steps, getting behind the right boar. Sweeping his sword down he cut into the back of the feral pig's neck, killing it instantly. 
Just in case the other player failed to bring down the final boar, Yukiro adopted a position similar to a runner's stance. He'd rather be able to slay the boar before something went wrong than after.
"..."
Show me you don't need my help. Don't prove me otherwise. 
Yukiro waited to observe the player's motions carefully, hoping he'd be able to simply leave and get something to eat.

@Koga

Edited by Yukiro

Koga

Spoiler

Level 1

HP20

Skills

Equipment

Battle Ready Inventory

Boars

Spoiler

Boar 1 >>DEAD<<

Boar 2: >>DEAD<<

Boar 3 

HP: 9 // DMG: 3 // Hate: Koga: 1 // Yukiro: 0

Boar 4 >>DEAD<<

HP0 // DMG: 3 // Hate: Koga: 0 // Yukiro: 0

Spoiler

ID: 127101

BD: 3 (2 +1) >>Miss<<

Koga could hear the other player land his blow, and the boar bursting into bright red digital fragments a moment later. Well, it looked like Koga had some catching up to do here. The man kept his eyes carefully trained on the boar as it kicked up more dirt. It huffed once more and charged, a cloud of dirt behind it as it attempted to gore Koga with its tusks. But Koga was quicker than that. The man stepped out of the way again, and attempted another slash at the boar's side. The blade whistled cleanly through the air as the boar went by. 'Damn, I missed...' Koga thought to himself as he skidded to a stop and faced the boar again who slowly turned its way back around to face him.

The other player hadn't stepped in yet. That could only mean he was watching and waiting to step in if need be...'Looks like I've got an audience...best not disappoint.'

@Yukiro

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

ID# 127110 | BD: 9 (8+1) MD: 4 (7-3)
Yukiro: HP 140/140 | EN 6/14 (+1-1)
Boar 3: HP 2/12 (Hate: Koga: 1 // Yukiro: 1) 

Yukiro watched the other player face down the boar. The boar made a slight grunt and charged the swordsman. It attempted to gore the player. but he turned out to be quicker than that. The man stepped out of the way and tried to slash the boar's flank. Yukiro heard the blade whistle, striking nothing but air. It's user skidded to a stop and turned to face the boar. The sharp-toothed mob turned to face him. 
I'm lending a hand. This has to end.
Yukiro preformed another five-step sprint, a move he'd originally designed to enhance a katana's draw techniques, shooting in front of the boar. The feral pig tried to ram him, but Yukiro stepped back and too the side to evade. He thrust the tip of his greatsword into the pig's side, letting the mob's HP drain almost to zero before stepping back.
Yukiro glanced at the other player, keeping his face emotionless. 
"... Do it."

Edited by Yukiro

Koga

Spoiler

Level 1

HP20

Skills

Equipment

>> Black Longcoat [Light Armor - Vanity]

Battle Ready Inventory

Boar

Spoiler

Boar 1 >>DEAD<<

Boar 2: >>DEAD<<

Boar 3

HP: 9 // DMG: 3 // Hate: Koga: 1 // Yukiro: 1

Boar 4 >>DEAD<<

HP0 // DMG: 3 // Hate: Koga: 0 // Yukiro: 0

Spoiler

ID: 127132

BD: 3 (2 +1)

The other swordsman's running footsteps could be heard as he ran towards Koga and the boar. The boar turned to try and defend itself but the swords man stepped out of the way and impaled the creature. The green bar next to the boar's name began to drain, yellow, then red before he stepped back.

"...Do it."

Koga nodded and brought his sword down to his side. One step forward. Go. The man started sprinting towards the boar, about to deliver the killing blow. 'Crap.' Just as Koga was about to deliver thr final blow, the boar, not willing to die yet, let out another desperate squeal as it charged him. It was too late to back off now, all Koga could do was dive to the side. The sound of clattering gear could be heard as the man landed badly on shoulder and rolled onto his side, a cloud of dust erupting around him.

@Yukiro

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

ID# 127198 | BD: 7 (6+1) MD: 1 (4-3)
Yukiro: HP 140/140 | EN 6/14 (+1-1)
Boar 3: HP 0/12 (-7) (Hate: Koga: 1 // Yukiro: 2)

The player nodded and positioned his sword at his side. He started to sprint towards the boar, about to deliver the killing blow. The boar, however, had different plans. Letting out a battle cry the feral pig rushed the charging player. The player dove to the side, making his gear clatter as the man landed badly on his shoulder and rolled over onto his side. 
Yukiro let out a heavy sigh. He sauntered forward, whipping his sword side to side in front of him. He caught up to the boar and sliced cleanly through the back of it's neck. The boar shattered almost instantly. After sheathing his sword, Yukiro approached the grounded player.

"Are you alright? That was a nasty fall," he said as he offered him a hand up. He felt a little bad for him; after all, Yukiro had just stolen his targets as well as a few extra foes. 
Though I may have also saved you from an undesirable fate.

@Koga

Edited by Yukiro

Koga could taste dirt in his mouth as he got onto his hands and knees. He spit onto the ground in an attempt to rid himself of the foul substance and wiped his mouth with the back of his sleeve. 'Damn it...' if he couldn't even kill a few boars without being saved, how could he ever expect to get up to the frontlines? Koga reached out for his sword, which had fallen a little bit aways from him and picked it up, getting onto his knees to sheath it.

"Are you alright? That was a nasty fall." said the other player. Koga couldn't look at the man's face even as he offered him a hand up. Koga took it and hoisted himself onto his feet, dusting himself off as he did so. "You didn't have to do that..." the man replied, looking at the ground, "I could have handled them...but...I guess that could've ended badly so...thanks. I appreciate the help." Koga finally pulled his sullen gaze off the dirt and looked towards the other player, before offering a hand of his own, "The name's Koga. Yours?"

@Yukiro

The player didn't look at Yukiro's face, though he took it and pulled himself to his feet, brushing himself off.
"
You didn't have to do that..." he said, staring into the dirt, "I could have handled them...but...I guess that could've ended badly so...thanks. I appreciate the help."
"I'd rather avoid the potential of losing someone with promise," Yukiro responded simply. That and I can't convince myself to stand by and watch.
Finally, the player managed to pull his sullen gaze from the ground and look at Yukiro, before offering a hand of his own, "
The name's Koga. Yours?"
"Yukiro. Sorry for interrupting your fight," he replied, taking Koga's hand, "It wasn't my intention to rob you of your targets. You have my apologies."
Figuring that Koga wouldn't want him to stick around much longer, Yukiro decided to make himself scarce. 
"If you need anything, feel free to contact me. Anyways, I suppose I'll be off. Be careful out here."
Yukiro stepped back and turned to leave.

Yukiro

So that was this guy's name. Yukiro, as Koga now knew him as, apologized for takibg his kills, but Koga shook his head, "Naw man, don't worry about. You deserve the exp and loot." Koga replied. Admittedly, Koga was hoping for some new gear and some col, but, there were other faeming locations all along the first floor. It'd be fine.

"If you need anything, feel free to contact me. Anyways, I suppose I'll be off. Be careful out here."

Before Koga even knew it, the other player had turned around and was setting off, "H-hey!" Koga called after him, scrambling to catch up with him, "Look man, you're clearly a higher level than me and all that. I'm looking for some new gear and I need to get exp and all that and I haven't unlocked the blacksmithing profession yet, and...look, I'm terrible at asking for help and crap, so just say you'll let me tag along or something." Yeah Koga...good job...the man truly was terrible at asking for help, but this late in the game, he needed it. He didn't have a choice. Yukiro was Koga's gambit at this point.

@Yukiro

Before Yukiro could even go three steps he heard Koga call out to him.
"
H-hey!" he said, catching up to him, "Look man, you're clearly a higher level than me and all that. I'm looking for some new gear and I need to get exp and all that and I haven't unlocked the blacksmithing profession yet, and...look, I'm terrible at asking for help and crap, so just say you'll let me tag along or something.
I feel like this situation is familiar. Is it just me or... have I been helping out a lot of beginners lately? 
Yukiro sighed and turned around. He looked Koga up and down, scanning his equipment, posture, and expression. 
"... You have good taste. Your jacket is reminiscent of mine," Yukiro complimented him. "Tell you what. From  one man to another," he said, overlooking the fact that he was barely an adult, "I'll teach you a thing or two about using your sword." 
What was he doing? He barely let people join him for a walk, let alone giving out personal lessons.
Yukiro turned to face Koga fully. "First things first. Show me what you know about using that thing on your waist." 

The corner of Koga's mouth curved upwards into a kind of half-smile. He was far more ecstatic than he was letting on though. "First things first. Show me what you know about using that thing on your waist," Yukiro said. Koga nodded, before taking a step back so as to not accidently cut the other player. "In the real world," Koga began to say as he drew his weapon with the raspy sound of leather on steel, "I'm a kendo practitioner. Fifteen years in the making." Koga took on a fighting stance, with his right foot forward, and sword in-front of him, the kind that allowed him to easily parry blows. He began to swing and slash it back and forth with a practiced ease as he continued, "Remember how, when you first boot up the game, it gave you a choice of weapons? The curved sword was the closest thing I was used to, but..." the blade glowed a bright crimson for a moment before it was brought down, singing through the air, and the glow dissipated, "Its not quite the same as a katana." The sword was returned to its sheath with a short flourish, the soft clack of metal on metal cutting inbetween the black-clas man's words, "For one, it lacks the heft of a katana. And its not much good as a two-hander. But, I can't really go with a greatsword or something, because the technique is completely different." Koga looked up to Yukiro "No offense."

@Yukiro

Koga took a stance that Yukiro recognized from kendo.
"
In the real world I'm a kendo practitioner. Fifteen years in the making." He began to swing his sword back and forth with an air of confidence as he continued, "Remember how, when you first boot up the game, it gave you a choice of weapons? The curved sword was the closest thing I was used to, but..." The blade glowed a bright crimson as he activated a sword art. He quickly swiped it downward and the glow dissipated. "Its not quite the same as a katana." Koga sheathed the sword, the soft ring of the sword under toning his words, "For one, it lacks the heft of a katana. And its not much good as a two-hander. But, I can't really go with a greatsword or something, because the technique is completely different." Koga looked up to Yukiro "No offense."
Yukiro put his hand up to his chin as he considered the technique. 
"None taken. I take it you don't know too much about iaido," he said, beckoning for Koga to lend him the curved weapon, "It's not very strong on defense, but the attacking speed in formidable. Your footwork is exemplary for kendo, but for open style combat you should be a little looser."
Yukiro was never any good at teaching. Hopefully a demonstration would suffice. 

"None taken, I take it you don't know too much about iaido," Yukiro said, to which Koga shook his head. "It's not very strong on defense, but the attacking speed in formidable. Your footwork is exemplary for kendo, but for open style combat you should be a little looser."

"I only know it by name, and anime if I'm going to be honest." Koga had of course heard of iaido, but it wasn't exactly his school of teaching. But he certainly understood the advantages as Yukiro spelled them out for him, and he definitely wasn't opposed to learning, "I hope you don't mind me asking, but is that something you used to practice? Before all this I mean." Koga gestured around him as he spoke. He knew it wasn't exactly...in good taste to ask others about their lives in the real world. But, at the same time...how could you forget? If you did wouldn't you lose sight of the real goal of Aincrad? To free yourself and everyone else?

@Yukiro

"I practiced... several things. Iaido and kendo were a couple," he said, taking a stance with his own sword. He took a few swings to loosen up, then detached his sheath from his belt and sheathed his sword. "Point the sheath to the left-- right for you-- of where you want to strike. Preferably, you'd use a dashing technique to get close. Then, pull your sword out, not in a swinging motion, but straight out. When only a rough quarter of your sword is sheathed, start to swing your sword. Let the blade brace against the sheath and draw until..."
Yukiro demonstrated with his own sword in slow motion. His sword sped up as it was released from the sheath. The example was poorly done, partly because of the straight blade, but partly because he never really used katana techniques. 
"It's fairly easy to get a feel for, but hard to figure out how to make it speed up."

@Koga

Edited by Yukiro

Koga watched the other man with interest as he drew and slashed with his sword. Although awkward with the straight blade of the weapon he was using, it go the point across. "I see now. Let me give it a try."

Koga began to mimic the other man's movements from before. He took the stance, sheath in one hand, sword in the other. There wasn't the room to dash, so he simply practiced the movement of the draw. Sword drawn straight forward, about a quarter of the length of the blade. Brace against the sheath. The blade sped forward and sung through the air as it did so, perhaps a little less awkward due to the blade's shape. Somewhat satisfied, Koga returbed his sword to its scabbard, "Like that?" the man asked, standing to his full height again and looking over to his tutor. It still wasn't perfect by no means. But progress, it seemed to be by the very least.

@Yukiro

Yukiro shrugged. Koga's movements had mimicked him fairly well. It was still a rough process, but the movements had enough fundamentals to improve to an accurate enough motion. 
"Seems like it's pretty decent so far. My preferred style was this; get close, draw and slash, move away and enter a defensive stance. No point in sheathing your sword once you're fighting."
Yeah, that was pretty good. Koga had some pretty solid abilities. All he needed now was...
"You still need an actual katana, don't you?" he asked. Yukiro knew from experience how crucial having a comfortable weapon could be. Having used a ridiculously over sized sword... He needed no help understanding the difference in abilities when using the right weapon. 
Yukiro glanced at the saber hanging at the man's side. And he recalled something.
"You know, I think I might be able to help with that," he said, turning toward the forest.

@Koga

Edited by Yukiro