[F01-PP] Gathering Materials (Nature's Treasure)

"You know, you shouldn't ask people that question..." Koga said quieter than usual. He shoved his hands into his pockets as they continued to walk. "I hadn't really thought about it. What about you?" Koga asked, turning the question back onto Nora.

Nora blinks at the sudden change of mood, and suddenly doesn't know how to react to this new side of him. She hasn't really thought the question out before she asks the question, honestly was just making conversation when she gets curious. But judging by the way he acts, it sounds like he might really wants to go back, whatever the reason is.

"Well...I just graduated from high school, and I was packing for the university's campus when I first entered the game....but that was two years ago. You know, I haven't really thought about it until now. I guess I have always thought that I was gonna go back to packing, and maybe to clean the room now since it must have gotten dusty while I was sleeping." She was quiet as well at that implication. "I guess...my parents would have helped cleaned my room. But that university offer must have expired by now...it has been two years. I would be hard to pick up life as we left them...."

She suddenly wants to turn her attention towards something else, and look for more materials. She found two. "So! Koga! If we find a whole bunch of materials today, you can make a whole bunch of stuff. What will you make? Any enhancement that you want?" Suddenly force a change of conversation.

ID# 128023 results: Loot: 19 <<2 materials>>

@Koga

Edited by Nora

Koga

Spoiler

Level 1

HP: 20/20

Energy: 2/2 (1 +1)

Skills

>> [Rank 1] Curved Sword [DMG +1]

Equipment

>> Rare Curved Sword [DMG +1, ACC +1]

>> Vanity Black Longcoat [Light Armor]

Battle Ready Inventory

>> [50 HP] Healing Crystal (3)

Nora told her story, what she was doing just before they all landed in SAO, what she was thinking of doing once they finally got out of the game. If they ever did at least. It was the simple things, something Koga really appreciated. The man felt people all too often overlooked the simple thigns in their life, and it wasn't until they'd lost them that they ever thought about and missed them, just like so many other things.

"It would be hard to pick up life as we left them...."

"Life has changed for all of us now. We're not the same people we were before we dived into SAO. Our old lives are gone. The real question is what kinda lives we'll make now that they're over," Koga commented grimly. It was true though. The lives of every single person in SAO had fundamentally changed on that fateful day. What happened now? No one could really say.

"So! Koga! If we find a whole bunch of materials today, you can make a whole bunch of stuff. What will you make? Any enhancement that you want?" Nora asked just as Koga spotted another material and picked it up, adding it to his inventory. "Hmm, ya know I actually hadn't even considered it," Koga admitted, glad for the change in subject. "Maybe a new weapon. Some Accuracy and Damage mods would be nice. What about you?" Koga asked.

@Nora

Obtained This Thread

Spoiler

>> 70 Col

>> Tier One Materials (12)

>> Tier One Perfect <<Unidentified>> Consumable (1)

>> Tier One Rare <<Unidentified>> Trinket (1)

>> Tier One Rare <<Unidentified>> Weapon (1)

>> Tier One Uncommon <<Unidentified>> Consumable (1)

Spoiler

ID: 128060

LD: 14 >>Success<<

Edited by Koga

"Hmm, ya know I actually hadn't even considered it," Koga admitted, glad for the change in subject. "Maybe a new weapon. Some Accuracy and Damage mods would be nice. What about you?" Koga asked.

Nora's facial expression has become complicated at that question. "Well....I'm a bit greedy so I want the fancy stuff. Say, Koga, have you heard of the essence of steel? It is a rare item that can rank up an other item. I put in an order with this blacksmith that I know, for a Katana. Enhancement with Damage, Bleed and Paralysis. I want to use the essence of steel on it to turn it into a demonic sword...and I just need to think of another enhancement for it. I haven't decided yet, what do you think would be a good enhancement for this sword? I should have a perfect 3 accuracy trinket soon. All of my mitigation and evasion is going to come from my armor that is in queue to be amde." Nora asks Koga's opinion while she searches for more materials. She didn't know at that time how fast one can drain the material supply and how soon she will be out of materials completely...

"Oh...that's right...you are a Katana user too aren't you? Have you regretted picking this weapon instead of the two hand great sword?" She asked.

ID# 128079 results: Loot: 4

<<1 material>>

@Koga

Edited by Nora

Koga

Spoiler

Level 1

Energy: 2/2 (1 +1)

DMG: 3 // EVA: 0 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 1

Skills

>> [Rank 1] Curved Sword

Equipment

>> Rare Curved Sword

Battle Ready Inventory

Nora asked if Koga had heard of the Essence of Steel quest, to which he nodded. "Yeah, I've heard of it. I was actually gonna go chase that quest down myself once I was a high enough level. It's a pretty strong item when you get right down to it. Personally, if I were you, I would actually go with another Bleed. You'll proc the effect more often, which is really important. Forgoing that, just another Damage mod. It sounds like you're already good on Accuracy, and all the other modifications pretty much increase your Accuracy in one way or another," Koga answered her, still searching for a few more materials. Oh look at that! Two more materials!

"Oh...that's right...you are a Katana user too aren't you? Have you regretted picking this weapon instead of the two hand great sword?"

"Naw, not really," Koga replied, "In the real world, I practice kendo. Have been for more than a decade. Other swords just feel...off. Don't get me wrong, greatswords are great and all, just not really my style. Every weapon has its advantage and disadvantages. Greatswords are heavier, and not as quick in my opinion. I like the speed of the katana, and I'm already comfortable with it, so that's what I decided to go with. I still need to put a couple levels into the skill before I use it though, so for now, I'm sticking to this saber. Close enough in my opinion."

@Nora

Obtained This Thread

Spoiler

>> 70 Col

>> Tier One Materials (14)

Spoiler

ID: 128105

LD: 17 >>Success<<

Edited by Koga

Nora nods at Koga's comments, agreeing with those comments. She has noticed early from when they were fighting the boars that Koga seems to be really familiar with how this game is run, or at least, more familiar with the game's combat system then herself. And she always wants second opinions anyways and boy was she glade that she asked. The second bleed would be really cool and useful too, it didn't really occurred to her to add in a second dot until he mentioned it. 

At the comment comparing katana and greatsword however, Nora tilted her head to the side in puzzlement. "Katana has better speed....? They all seem to have caused about the same amount of energy from what I have seen. But the greatsword has more AOE skill and Katana barely has any. Aoe would be useful in a multiple mob situation. That was when I started to second guess myself. I have always found katana to be the better looking weapon and just choose that when I first created my character....As you can see, I barely putted in any thoughts towards my equipment or skills. But when actually fighting in combat and seeing others using AOE, that was when I started to doubted myself....Sorry about rubbing my own confused thoughts to you. Even so, do you still prefer the katana?" She asks again. "...Maybe I just haven't seen how katana is actually supposed to be used in combat yet. Maybe when I encountered a high level katana user, I can see how they use it."

Nora looks for more material and found 1.

ID# 128283 results:Loot: 6 <<1 material>>

@Koga

Edited by Nora

Koga

Spoiler

Level 1

Energy: 2/2

DMG: 3 // EVA: 0 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 1

Skills

>> [Rank 1] Curved Sword

Equipment

>> Rare Curved Sword

Battle Ready Inventory

Koga couldn't help but chuckle a little at Nora's confusion, "I didn't mean in-game, although that's also true. I meant in the real world. You can swing a katana faster in the real world than you could a claymore. For a number of reasons really. Weight, blade geometry. But that's besides the point. If you watch closely in a fight, katana users move faster. And there's a reason for that. Same reason their energy drain is slightly lower than a straight sword user's, or why the straight sword users have more AoE. They're filling out different roles." Koga knew he was rambling at this point, but honestly, the more Nora knew about the game and how it worked, the better. "A lot of two handed straight sword users are tanks. They have more AoE. If they can hit more targets, and draw more aggro, the better they're doing their job. Katana users tend to be DPSers, or at least Tank/DPS hybrids. The job of a DPS is to focus down one target. Everybody attacks the same target, and they die quickly. Rinse and repeat." Koga shrugged at the end of his little lecture, "At the end of the day, its a matter of taste though. Both do a good job of either DPSing or Tanking. Doesn't really matter as long as you build your stats around the weapon and role you're trying to fill."

As Koga finished speaking, he looked towards the ground and found a couple more materials. The man smiled and bent down, adding them to his inventory. As he straightened to his full height, Koga turned around to Nora, "It's getting late, whaddya say we head back?" Upon the girl's agreement, the two players headed back to the Town of Beginnings, inventories full of Col, materials and loot.

@Nora

Obtained This Thread

Spoiler

>> 70 Col

>> Tier One Materials (16)

Spoiler

ID: 128334

LD: 15 >>Success<<

+2 Tier One Materials

-----

Thread Summary

Spoiler

Koga

+1 SP

>> 270 Col

>> Tier One Materials (16)

Nora

+1 SP

>> 452 Col

>> 9 Materials

>> Tier One Rare <<Unidentified>> Trinket (2)

Edited by Koga