Energy 10
DMG 4
Mit 18
Acc 0
Eva 0
Luck 0

Weapon 
Two-Handed rare Axe
      - 2 bleed Effect: Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 (1 slot) or natural successful attack rolls of 8-10 (2 slots) deal (12 * Tier) unmitigated bleed damage each enemy turn for 2 turns. Bleed damage does not stack, but can be refreshed.

Armor 
None at the moment

Sword Arts

Rank 1

• [x2] Whirlwind (2 Energy) - A single sweeping attack so powerful that it sends forth a shock wave to hit again.
  • [x2 AoE] Smash (2 Energy +2 per target hit) - An uppercut aimed at opponents head to send them reeling.

Battle Ready Slots

*5 Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP)
     *1 Tier One Damage Potion. (+1 Damage)
    *1 Tier One Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP)
    *»(3) Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)

Equipment
    2 handed axe with Bleed 2
    Dark Defender Armor.+2 mit (18 mit total) - borrowed from Yukiro will return later.

Extra
    Vanity Civilian Town Clothes

Lonzo had gotten through the teleport gates just fine. However, he still hadn't seen any combat at all. To be honest he was a little surprised he didn't run into a boar on his way to floor three. Still, he didn't want to come here alone and looked up at his friends list and only saw the one name. He figured the blacksmith was busy and was curious what an NPC blacksmith could do. Even if it was dangerous. Why on earth was he sticking his neck out this far, and for no one for that matter? He rubbed the back of his neck and felt safe in his dark armor but knew he couldn't die it in. He had to return it at some point. He walked around and saw a lot of fog in the area. It threw him off a little bit. 
He wondered into the Delilah Settlement and was impressed with it. It was so cozy looking even with the light fog it had today. He started to relax not feeling the ominous cold that he had been feeling from the season changing, or was that all in his mind. 
His metal boots trudged on the dirt roads. He soon found himself on a short bridge and he looked out onto the winding river. It was gorgeous here. He stood there at peace with the world and took his helm off and held it under his arm. He then looked around for another person, someone he could go with on a quest he knew was here but didn't want to do alone. Maybe another player would be looking for the same quest as himself and he waited on the bridge for someone to cross over to get deeper into town.  

Through the mist, she eyed a figure, standing on a bridge.

What... what're they doing there...?

NIGHT had recently arrived to Floor 3, after scouting the second floor with no luck for ideal quests. The town was less crowded than she had originally thought them to be, but here, in Delilah, it was hard to see the population through this fog. Was that a player, then?

Stepping closer, she watched the space above their head, and a name appeared.

<<Lonzo>>

She tilted her head. Not like she's seen him before. Approaching them closer, she attempted to stay quiet, but the squeaking wood as she stepped onto the bridge gave her away. Well, might've. So long as he had his back turned, NIGHT was determined to examine them. With a few swipes, she brought up his information and studied his equipment carefully.

Level 5... maybe this was a Level 5-suited floor. Wait, why did Floor 2 appear to be so much more dangerous then..?

Spoiler

NIGHT 
Lv: 3 | HP: 60 | EN: 6
DMG: 4 | MIT: 9 | ACC: 2 | EVA: -
SP: 7 | Col: 2,480

[Skills]

1. Two-Handed Straight Sword | Passive | RANK 1/5
  2. - - -

[Equipment]

• [T1E3] Jack's Executioner
    "WEAPON: A black greatsword with a rusty texture. The rain guard appears to be larger and has more spikes along its side than necessary. Along its bevels at the center are streaks of orange, befitting of Halloween."
    -- [ Burn I | Natural critical attack rolls of 9/10 deal 12 unmitigated burn damage each enemy turn for 2 turns. This effect does not stack, but can be refreshed. A hit must occur to activate the status condition. ]
    -- [ Blight I | Natural critical attack rolls of 9/10 deal 12 unmitigated blight damage each enemy turn for 2 turns. This effect does not stack, but can be refreshed. A hit must occur to activate the status condition. ]
    -- [ Cursed | This item cannot be traded to another player or leave the player's inventory. If two players are married with a Cursed item in their shared inventory, either player may access the item. This item automatically adjusts its Tier to the player it's equipped to. ]
  • [T1E2] Standard-Issue Heavy Armor
    -- [ Mitigation I | + 9 MIT ]
    -- [ Thorns I | Successful non-critical attacks against you deal (9 per slot * Tier) unmitigated damage to the attacking enemy. Only activates on damage dealing, melee attacks. ]
  • [T1E2] Breath of the Fields
    "TRINKET: A small cylindrical glass bottle, with a bed of moss and a leaf-folded crane in it. Made to be worn like a pendant."
    -- [ Prosperity I | +1 to the base multiplier when receiving col from killing an enemy. ]
    -- [ Recovery I | Regain 1 additional energy on natural CD rolls of 6+. ]
  • [T1E2] Cross-hair Lapel Pin
    "TRINKET: A crimson pin with a golden trim, one out of a few, made for the collar. It's shaped into a cross-hair."
    -- [ Accuracy II | Gain +2 to the BD when attacking. Cannot be used to cause a critical hit. ]

- - - - - -

• Starter Healing Potions (3) --- Heals 50 HP.

[Misc]

• Aincrad Trading Post Guild Membership
    -- [ ATP Guild Bonus | +5% more col from killed mobs, +10% col from treasure chests. ]
Edited by NIGHT

Hearing the beeps he turned to see a maiden close behind him. Well, that was oddly surprising. Did she just check all his stats and everything? That's almost like peeking through his clothes. He found that pretty funny. 

"Normally you ask someone out to dinner first before you gather their personal information. Like what you see there darlin'?" he asked with a chuckle. "The name's Lonzo by the way. I'm here looking for a certain quest. Could you point me in the direction of Griswald? He's an armorsmith in town. Unless you just got here too." he looked her over. She certainly was a petit lady that was for sure.
"I'd ask you to join me but you look like you've hardly had a bite to eat little lady. Anyway what's your name?" he then wondered if there was a language barrier. He sometimes had that problem with people in this game. "Also you wouldn't have a smoke on you would ya? That's just a joke." he chuckled.

"Normally you ask someone out to dinner first before you gather their personal information. Like what you see there darlin'?" Lonzo gave a hearty chuckle.

Meanwhile, NIGHT was hit with a realization about the stranger she'd encountered.

... Eh? What? Did... did I accidentally stumble across a creep?

... Figures...

"The name's Lonzo by the way."

"I can see that," she shot back, watching him suspiciously. "I'm here looking for a certain quest. Could you point me in the direction of Griswald? He's an armor smith in town." The name seemed familiar, but she did also just get here... Perhaps she passed by him in town?

"I'd ask you to join me but you look like you've hardly had a bite to eat little lady. "

"... Join you?" A quest? She'd been waiting to see one for a few days. NIGHT could hardly believe it. Recomposing herself, she offered a hand outstretched to be shaken. "Night," she responded curtly. "If you're looking to go on a quest, I'd be happy to join you."

"As for that smoke," she scrunched up her face, thinking about it. "No, but I'll be sure to keep an eye out for one for 'ya."

@Lonzo

"Oh well, goodnight then...Wait." he looked up and realized it was her name. "Ah NIGHT. Does it stand for something? Nightingale In Gorgeous Heavenly Trancendance." it was stuck in his mind now. She was a Nightingale Maiden. He wasn't going to change his mind about it and shook her hand. Somehow this whole moment turned around. He nodded when she mentioned the quest. 
"All right I'll invite you to the party then." he opened up his menu and sent her a party invite and friend request. "You should join up with me, if we run around the town we'll be able to find the quest faster. I can go one way and you can go the other way. Whoever finds him first I guess wins. Kind of like a race, then we mail the other person if we find them and meet up again. "Sound good to you? Or would you rather have my company Nightingale?"

"Ah NIGHT. Does it stand for something? Nightingale In Gorgeous Heavenly Trancendance," Lonzo stated, as NIGHT felt her soul leaving her body. Did she really have to hear that? "It's not that complicated," she drawled, her skin crawling from the memory. By all rights, she was sure, this was definitely a creep she was dealing with. I hope whatever we're going to do, it's worth the effort...

"All right, I'll invite you to the party then," the man mentioned, sending her a party invite -- and friend request?! Both at once?

"You should join up with me! If we run around the town, we'll be able to find the quest faster. I can go one way and you can go the other way, whoever finds him first I guess wins," the man planned, seemingly effortless. NIGHT watched on, agape, still attempting to catch up with the social implications that've just been thrust onto her. "Kind of like a race. Then we mail the other person if we find them and meet up again."

"Sound good to you?"

"Y-yeah, sounds g--"

"-- Or would you have my company, Nightingale?"

Wordless, she accepted the invitation and friend request, before leaving Lonzo stranded on the bridge, off to find the blacksmith in question.

@Lonzo # sorry i took so long! ;;

"Nightingale?" He asked cocking his head to the side wondering if it was something he said. "Maybe her father called her nightingale. Ah, I ruined my chances, oh well." he chuckled. With that, he turned and started going in the other direction. He looked around for a blacksmith then paused to look at his HUD. She had accepted his request! He felt stunned and elated all at once. "Perhaps I remind her of some sort of shining knight. How nice." he thought pretty highly of himself. The thought of a young maiden looking up to him sent his heart ablaze and he danced in a place like a worm. 

"Wait, wasn't I looking for something." He sighed and bowed his head completely lost. "At this rate, I"m the idiot that needs her help. Well, that certainly isn't the worst thing in the world." he told himself. Still, she was worried about floors being harder. I wonder why she left the Town of Beginnings if that's what she's afraid of." he held his chin wondering if he should ask her or if he should keep it to himself.

Delilah was a lovely little town, and NIGHT barely had any time to take exploring it. Cautious, she'd guessed she'd wander around town by cutting through the center and exploring one side of town before the other. That's a good way to start the search, she figured.

Bounding over the bridges and dirt roads, and examining the various structures in town, most of them seemed to be built out of rock, stone and wood. They had thatched roofs on the perimeter, with more orange shingles coalescing as she neared the center. NIGHT kept a watch out for any with a wooden sign outside of it -- they did seem to like indicating their wares that way.

The center would've been her first guess as to where the blacksmith's shop was, but to her chagrin, it wasn't present. At least, not the one she was hoping to find, having stepped out of a standard smith's shop. His name was Griswold, right? Um...

On the west wing, she'd find another store open with the blacksmith's sign, spotting the quest marker through a window. Bingo. A few swipes, and she pinged Lonzo her location in town. Perhaps she should take this time to mentally steel herself.

He wondered around and saw a lot of various shops but they were all specialty shops or player shops. He felt a bit bummed out and took a light jog around the area he was supposed to search. He didn't find anything. He sighed and then heard a chirp. At first, he assumed it was a bird but then paused and looked around at the wildlife around him. He didn't see too many songbirds whistling away and quickly opened up his mail.

"Oh form the nightingale, how nice." he smiled a bit." he looked at the location and jogged the rest of the way there. He eventually caught up with his new party member and waved to her. He slowed to a stop and looked over at the sign.

"Well done songbird." he was pretty happy one of them found the quest. He walked away and went to open the door for her. "After you of course," he said holding the door open for her.

How he hated blacksmith shops. The smell of steel, sweat, and coal made his eyes almost water once he held the door open. Why couldn't they be more like Yukiro's shop? Then again he supposed there could be only one legendary blacksmith around.

"I wonder what the whole quest entails I haven't done this one. How about you Night?" he asked holding the door open and looking in with bewilderment.

With loud footsteps, Lonzo appeared from the side of a building, waving over to NIGHT. He slowed, then halted when he got closer, looking up to check the store sign. "Well done, songbird," he complimented, heading over to open the door. The man held the door open for her, gesturing inwards. "After you, of course."

Songbird, huh? NIGHT admitted it still got on her nerves, but... it was better than nightingale.

"Thank you," she replied, with a bow, ducking under the door way as she entered. Looking around the closed store, it was kept dim; while sunlight was able to make it through the windows, only hot coals were at a station, next to the wall of the room to keep it lit. Is this how a blacksmith's workplace is like? Lonzo mused, still by the door, "I wonder what the whole quest entails, I haven't done this one. How about you, NIGHT?"

"I haven't done this either," she disclosed, heading towards the quest marker. Griswold was idly hammering at some heated metal at an anvil, not noticing they'd barged into his shop. "Excuse me," NIGHT questioned, approaching the man. "Are you perhaps looking for some help?"

"Help?" The blacksmith barked back, stopping his work. "No no no, I don't need any help around here."

Well, that... should've worked, if Lonzo was right about a quest. NIGHT looked back at him with confusion, before the smith continued.

"I'm perfectly fine by myself, and my wife Hanna!" He gestured over to a doorway, and as if on cue, Hanna walked right out with a nice long dress. "Ooh! Customers! Sorry," she mentioned, stepping away, "I'll just be right back."

"Anywho," Griswold continued, shaking for emphasis with his hammer. "I'm here to help you --" he pointed to NIGHT "-- with your quest! Yes, yes," he added, heartily, "I'll make you your very own set of armor! At no cost at all!"

That's a bit generous.

"But uh, you'll need to bring me some materials for me to get crafting," he mentioned, starting to tap lightly at the metal, which was starting to cool down. "So, tell me what you want crafted, and I'll let you know what to bring back!"

This was a dilemma. With a hand crossed over to her elbow, and another covering her mouth as she though, NIGHT glanced over at Lonzo for his opinion.

@Lonzo

Lonzo thought it was strange that he didn't need anything as well. What was the point of the quest marker? Did they need to say something specific or was there some sort of prerequisite? He leaned against the wall that had a window next to it and crossed his leg over listening. He realized it was yet again another fetch quest, how reassuring. He was running into a lot of these lately. He preferred getting armor from a shop so he was fine with NIGHT taking the reins on the prize if it was just armor, that didn't bother him at all. 

"Go for it songbird, I've got armor already as it stands. Why don't you take him up on this once in a lifetime offer? I'll take along for support at the very least." He knew better than to add because it was dangerous. Some people would get angry and try to go it alone, and on this floor that might be a bad idea.

He pushed off the wall and went around to see the lack of materials in the place and saw the back room in disorder. He walked over and pushed open the ajar door to the back room. It was a sewing room. Likely the one Hana used. She seemed startled seeing Lonzo.

"What's going on?" Lonzo asked with his eyebrows knit. "What happened here?"
"Oh, it's nothing to worry about, sorry for the mess Hana stated."

He looked over at the blacksmith and walked back into the foyer which was also the forge. He tapped the glass and looked around for anything strange. There was no broken glass and no sign of a break-in but the sewing room seemed to be a scene of a robbery. He went to the door and knelt down by it checking it over. He could see missing pins and the door was tampered with.

"Pretty bold of a thief to enter through the front door. Pitty you're not a locksmith or they likely wouldn't have gotten in." he slowly stood up. "I take it you're not usually out of materials. Can you give us any information on the thief or thieves that might have done this? That way he can just take back what they stole. How's that?" Lonzo asked. "Would that be all right with you songbird?"

"What? A thief?" NIGHT questioned, looking at her quest log. This... wasn't in the system, was it? As her mind grappled with the concept, she investigated the rooms Lonzo had entered as well. With items scattered across the floor in disarray, and a heavy sigh from NIGHT, she paced the blacksmith's room with nerves on edge.

"I mean..." she stopped, rubbing her temples. "Sure. Although I'm really confused as to who -- or what -- could've broken in here like this." Glancing over at Griswold taking a break from his work, she asked, "And this... mess... doesn't happen often, right?"

"This doesn't happen at all, " he mentioned, thinking carefully, though NIGHT was trying her best to discern if he was lying. She couldn't. "Although, lets see... what materials are in short supply... Ah." The smith snapped his fingers. "Harpy feathers, dragon bones, some deer hide, and a few treant's burls. Though," he waved, "you could probably forget about the last one -- hah, I haven't seen a use for them in a few months, anyway."

Shrugging and shaking her head, NIGHT turned to Hana, who was coming into the room with a wooden tray of refreshments. "Do you know anyone who could've done this?"

"Not particularly," she replied, setting the tray down. "But if you believe someone must've broken in, especially from the front door, you really are free to take a look at it."

Griswold held a hand out, tilting his head. "Are y'sure neither of you are thinking about getting your own piece of armor? From the legendary Griswold himself?"

NIGHT hesitated, but declined. "I say, not until we replenish your material supply, one way or another." She looked to Lonzo, arms folded. "I guess I'd be up for a goose chase. You got any leads yourself? I uh..." she rubbed the back of her head. "I'm new to the floor, so I don't think I'd have a clue where to begin."

"Worst case scenario, we could just go on a supply run to restock their supplies."

@Lonzo

Being in law prior to being stuck in the game there was a dark aura around him. He looked at NIGHT with an intense stare that was driven by an almost forgotten passion to try and condemn those who had hurt, harmed, abused, or mistreated a person and or system. There were many things he hated about the law but many of which he could understand and use to protect people.

"I don't mind if you take the easy way in getting him supplies but I'm going to hunt down the person who did this. If they go after NPCs it's only a matter of time they go after players. At that rate the person in question is either a mob or no better than a monster themselves." he stated truthfully. "Hey Grissy, tell me what else is around here. You say dragons, but they're too big, harpies but there are no feathers, in fact, all those items you've claimed are missing, so what's left? What has hands and spawns around here to not only pick and jam a lock but to be able to carry something as if it has an inventory?" Lonzo asked.

The two NPCs seemed shocked at the notion but did realize something at the same time.

"There's a person that the game warden has taken notice of."
"Game warden, like for animal hunting or something?" Lonzo asked.
"Yes, for the leather."
"Well, what did they notice?"" Lonzo asked.
"Just that there's a fast hooded figure killing a lot of the animals nearby, so the spawns for them have been lowered, in fact most animals and smaller mobs haven't been seen on this floor in awhile thanks to the figure."
"The odd item out would be the treant burls. They don't have meat on them. Right? So it's likely this person might be trying to replicate the armor he makes. For what purpose I'm not sure." Lonzo explained. "Do you want to chat with the game's warden NIGHT?" he asked finally using her name and sounding a bit more professional.

A harsh glare from Lonzo was all NIGHT needed to stagger. Did she suggest something wrong? Steadfast in his ideals, Lonzo stated, honesty ringing -- and stinging in his voice. "I don't mind if you take the easy way in getting him supplies."

Oh, so that's what's up.

"But I'm going to hunt down the person who did this. If they go after NPCs it's only a matter of time they go after players," the man figured. "At that rate the person in question is either a mob or no better than a monster themselves."

A mob? I mean, that would explain a lot. NIGHT listened to Lonzo perform a -- rather quick -- analysis of the break in, stunning not only Griswold and Hanna, but also herself. All this from him..?

"... So, it's likely this person might be trying to replicate the armor he makes," he concluded, "For what purpose, I'm not sure." He turned to his team mate, expectant. "Do you want to chat with the game's warden, NIGHT?"

Finally using my name, huh?

"Sure," she responded, heading out the door. "We'll be back, Griswold, Hanna." The big question for her though, would be where the game warden is -- it's not like NIGHT was familiar with the concept. It sounded like a conservation officer, or something to that extent. Maybe someone at the center of town could direct them accurately? The girl concluded that it sounded like her best bet.

After holding the door open for Lonzo, NIGHT lead them to where she recalled a hunting shop was located, out open in the town plaza. A stall facing the center of the square had a handful of fresh meat and animal parts hung for display, whilst the man behind the counter whistled away, inattentive to his surroundings.

"Beats me where this game warden's living," NIGHT reasoned, eying the stall. "But if anyone has had interaction with the person in question, it's bound to be someone who's dealing in the same business... right?"

"Although," NIGHT thought, with a hand across her chin. "I'm not too sure I follow easily with the case. At any point, if you feel like I'm lacking behind, let me know."

@Lonzo

He remembered she recoiled. 
'Look what you did you, idiot. Keep this up and people will expect too much out of you, or realize you're not a stupid idiot. You'll get used all over again. It'll all be help mes, and gimmies, just like humans are' he pinched the bridge of his nose at his own thoughts. There were times he hated himself. 'Let it go. Nothing here is like the real world. Forget about that world it doesn't matter here after all.' He sighed.

"Sorry about that, I think I have a bad habit headache you know. Kinda miss my smokes. Anyway." he followed NIGHT and saw she got the door for him. "Thank you songbird. Sometimes it nice having someone open a door for me." he winked at her and looked the way she had went, that he did not explore. "All right I'll follow you around darlin', you seem to know where this guy is. Hm? Can't follow along, there's no point in admitting my logic is sound." he said raising his arms up in a light-hearted almost humorous shrug. "I could way off base you know, maybe it was some sort of rat or something," he said and placed his arms behind his head. "Anyway sorry for the serious tone I had back there, it's just jarring to see a break-in. I'd be pretty miffed if someone did that to my house." he chuckled. 

He figured he'd explain himself on the way to the warden's office. Following NIGHT and staying by her side.

"You know, they're missing materials. The house was a mess. The lock was broken. Clearly a break-in. Now we also know a lot of animals and mobs are missing. During events, we've seen mobs enter areas that most people deemed safe. So that means if it's a mob they have a way to sneak in and out of the city. So they're likely practically considered an NPC. I mean mobs are also NPCs. Not controlled by a player. So that would mean somewhere in it's coding it's likely registered as a mod that's allowed to be in a city or town. Do you follow? It's just a theory. However, there's also the fact they had to break into the shop. It's possible any guards protecting the city might even apprehend this mob. Now, there's an idea. We could also ask the guards what's up as well and if they've seen anything interesting of late. Thanks, NIGHT, if it wasn't for your honesty I wouldn't have come to that line of thinking until later. I'll let you chat up the warden. I kind of want to see how you'd deal with this situation and give you the reins. On our way out I'll question a guard. By that point, I"m sure we'll have some decent leads to leave the town and hunt around for the mob, NPC, or player." he explained. 

[NIGHT's recollection of events]

Spoiler

"All right, I'll follow you around darlin', you seem to know where this guy is."

"As much as I'd like to admit that," NIGHT replied, folding her arms in thought. "I actually don't... But I'll start asking around so we can find out."

"I could way off base you know," her party member refuted, his hands raised in a joking manner. "Maybe it was some sort of rat or something,"

NIGHT shrugged in response, heading towards the hunting stall. A brief chat, a slight cut of intimidation, and the duo was sent on their way again, this time in the east of town.

"Anyways," Lonzo continued, wrapping his arms behind his head. "Sorry for the serious tone I had back there," he apologized, looking almost carefree. "It's just jarring to see a break-in. I'd be pretty miffed if someone did that to my house." The man laughed, while NIGHT entertained the thought.

"I could see that," she responded, thumb under her chin. "In real life, we were pretty busy day to day. Having to stop our routines just to deal with a break-in..." She paused, rubbing her temples from the thought. "-- I'd rather not think about the trouble."

The rest of the way, NIGHT found herself listening to Lonzo's extended explanation of how he got to his conclusion back at the smithy's. The girl had to clarify a few things -- the assumption that it was a system creature of some kind, for one -- but before long, the two were at the warden's front door.

"I'll let you chat up the warden," Lonzo offered. "I kind of want to see how you'd deal with this situation and give you the reins." He quickly followed up to finish his train of thought. "On our way out I'll question a guard. By that point, I"m sure we'll have some decent leads to leave the town and hunt around for the mob, NPC, or player."

[New information]

"Sure," NIGHT nodded, approaching the wooden door by stepping on the front stone stairs. A few knocks, and the warden answered the door. "Hey, uh--" NIGHT stated, while the warden glanced at her and Lonzo. "We were hoping you had some information for us about the wild life in these parts?"

"Adventurers, huh?" The woman remarked, arms folded. "Yea, I could tell you 'bout the lot of them. But you're not really after small hunts, are you?"

Uh... no? "Maybe?" NIGHT struggled, trying to explain. "Look, we understand something's been disrupting the ecosystem in these parts, maybe you can tell us more about it?" The warden gave her a stern look, to which she added, "Only the barest of information, generally. It's a new threat, so we haven't really gathered a lotta intel."

"Anything would help," the girl offered, and the warden put her hands on her hips. "Alright, ye might want to take notes for this one."

"In the past week, we got word that there's been some traces of camping back out in these woods," she stated, "and usually that's alright with us. But it's been a good couple a days now, an' no one in this town usually stays outside for that long." The warden blinked tiredly. "Whatever's livin' out there's also been killin' most of our game, too, an' it's dangerous. 'Course, nothing's really there, when we investigated. 's like they packed up and left right before we got there! But two days ago, a couple a' buddies spotted an unidentified tent an' approached it -- somethin' dark almost tore off a hunter's limb, now poor ol' Jackie's got a dislocated knee!" The warden frowned, in deep recall. "As much as I warn our local hunters, whether or not they take my advice is up to them to decide. Other than that, no one around town's been missin'. It ain't one o' us, that's for sure."

"Then, any creatures out there who could've done it?" NIGHT responded, recalling Lonzo's explanation. "I mean, we gotta few wildins' out in our backyard, if that's whatchu mean," the authority figure replied. This was news to NIGHT -- she'd been a newcomer to the floor, she hadn't even gotten the chance to explore the area outside town yet.

The warden stepped down from her step, pointing a little a ways through a building. "Over on the west, we got some elves. We usually see a few out there when we're scoutin', but they're fairly passive as long as we don't tread territory." She turned, gesturing to the nearer gate in view. "You're in the east, which is treant land. Same as the elves, as long as we don't go where we shouldn't be, we're in the clear."

NIGHT pondered over the information. Treats were large and slow... Unless the game was tossing her another curveball. Assuming otherwise, her immediate thought would be to investigate the elves. "So what're the two species like?"

The warden folded her arms, squinting. "If you're thinkin' it's one of the two, we sure got our doubts." The lady continued explaining. "See, both of them 're often in a pack, so if they ever pulled anythin', word about an invasion should get around quickly town. 'Course, other than that factoid, I ain't got much on either of 'em." Pointing once again, she directed the two over to the guard house, on the south side of town. "If anyone's seen 'em up close, and've got a lot more information, it'd definitely be the defenders of our village."

Almost knowingly, she gave a quick glance to Lonzo. "But I bet'cha friend over there already knew that, huh?"

@Lonzo # bro let me know if its too much because maybe it is but hey idk

Edited by NIGHT

Living in a tent huh? Well, that takes out the idea of it being an animal like mob. Still, I've never seen elves in this game. Are they considered a mob type as well or are they like the NPCs? Then again, in reality, there is no difference and is based solely on artificial intelligence which isn't good because AI can learn, and tends to know the algorithms of the system it's in place of. Knowing that it would stand to reason that an aggressive NPC would do what they deem necessary to get stronger. Like how mobs are programmed to try to kill player characters. Given that the floors here have higher level players an aggressive NPC would likely steal from other NPCs to become better outfitted to fight players. He was deep in thought but was pulled out of it when the woman addressed him. 

"Sorry, I can't help but stare at your gorgeous figure. Were you speaking to me? If you ever need someone to hunt down food for this village I'd be happy to help you out darling. I'll try to do better to hang on your every word instead of your every curve mi'lady." He tried to deflect the idea he might have caught on to what they were chatting about. After all he never knew if the game warden could be a potential problem as well for the town. It would appear she wouldn't have anything to gain by working with an elf but one never knew. She could be caught up in some steamy love affair. Can NPC's love? Could they learn to love?

It didn't matter there had to be lore in the game that made them follow a 'thought' process. So if she's meant to get strong what would be the reason to? Player death wasn't reported too much by an elf, or did that mean it wasn't an elf? The figure is covered according to the warden. That would mean there's something distinct about them that would give them away once someone saw them. Elves have long ears and usually are portrayed as tall and slender. Almost ethereal and immortal. A type of beauty that Hollywood stars try to obtain.

"I'm almost certain it's an elf or a player at this point in time really. You said they had a tent. Pretty hard to put one of those up without thumbs am I right?" Lonzo laughed trying to find a simple way of what was going through his mind. "Did you want to chat with the guards or should we try to stealth to the tent and just try to ambush the person?" he was game for either option so long as he had back up.

"Sorry, I can't help but stare at your gorgeous figure. Were you speaking to me?"

"Yeah, you looked lost in thought!" The warden piped in, arms on her hips and shifting her weight to a leg. "Wonder if you already figured out all of it."

"If you ever need someone to hunt down food for this village I'd be happy to help you out darling," Lonzo offered. "I'll try to do better to hang on your every word instead of your every curve mi'lady."

"Well that's real nice o' ya. Reckon everyday huntin' could probably go back up once the threat's taken care of, and you'd be welcome to join us then." NIGHT bristled in agony as the adults spoke, mostly towards Lonzo's flirting, but more so how easily the warden was taking it in stride. How do people do that? Could the system... teach her?

"I'm almost certain it's an elf or a player at this point in time, really," The man deduced, simply. "You said they had a tent. Pretty hard to put one of those up without thumbs am I right?"

He has a point...

"Did you want to chat with the guards or should we try to stealth to the tent and just try to ambush the person?"

"I'm up to go hunt this actor already, seeing how much we know about it already," NIGHT replied, glancing over at the south gate. "But it'd be good to get an idea of where it lived first, so we wouldn't be searching blindly through the forest. Let's head to the guards for directions."

"Well, shoot, whatever you two wanna do," the woman barked in, enthusiastic. "Jus' let me know if you have anymore questions, and try not to get yourselves killed. I'll be here till sundown, that's for sure."

"Will do," NIGHT responded, stepping down from the stairs. "We'll try and bring good news back."

As the door closed behind her, NIGHT beckoned Lonzo to follow, heading towards the south gate. "The warden mentioned that the elves were in packs," she commented, in thought once again. "But if it were a system enemy, it'd have to be an isolated elf... is what I'm thinking after your conclusions, really. Any thoughts on tracking it down through the woods?"

@Lonzo

"Yes, but if there was a character programed to make it so resources were scarce to slow players down then maybe one would deviate if that was its core program. Still, she does seem adamant about it not being an elf. It could be a human too, and yet-" he trailed off as he walked with NIGHT. "What would the NPC gain. If this is their world what's going on it it that would cause this NPC to be that desperate to mess up the hunting grounds here? Man, I feel as if I don't know anything at this moment." he sighed.

He felt like he had the puzzle figured out but he doesn't understand the motive or who the culprit is. Some things were easy but others were not. He walked back to the entrance of the town. "I'm a cook and I've been studying some of the mod locations for when I'll be able to cook up the meats that drop from mobs." he explained. "So I know in this area there are frenzy boars, slime toads, razor deer, and scurry lizards. I can take us to any of the spawn points for them and we can see if we can find some tracks or anything that looks like another person has been through there." he wasn't sure how they'd do that thanks to the game itself. "That'd be a lot of work though, and I'm not sure how long we have before this being moves to another floor. We could also set up an ambush too in one of the locations too if they're the reason mobs have been scarce."

"An ambush, huh...?" NIGHT echoed, stepping through the gate to the outskirts of town. "That could work. Although, we'd have to know which enemy pack to target, and that's the one part I'm not too confident in. You're welcome to head back and ask the warden, though I was planning to have a chat with the guards about the two major factions in the area."

Stopping and approaching a man in armor on patrol, he responded with a sneer, "What do you want?"

"We're investigating the cause of an inhibited ecosystem," NIGHT stated. "We're looking for some traces of camping, does anything come to mind?"

"Oh, that." The man rubbed his eyes. "Yeah, but our trail's cold for now." He pointed out towards the east. "We've got a couple traces down by the river bank. And a little this way --" he moved his finger towards the west. "-- a handful more. It's vast in there, and hard to see, so we don't often get reports about things like these."

Huh, that's convenient.

NIGHT turned to Lonzo, tilting her head to the side. "Any of those locations match your monster packs? I'm up for playing the waiting game if they do."

@Lonzo