[F-03, PP] <<Worn Out Welcome>> NIGHT and Lonzo

That actually did narrow it down to one of the food sources he was aware of. He nodded with a smirk. 

"Well that's fancy, it so happens that would be the scurry lizard. Alchemists use it's poison gland to increase damage on weapons, or so I've read. Aside from that, it's meat is said to taste a little bit like our chicken. I've always wanted to get loot from one to cook it up and see for myself. Though when I was on my way here I didn't see a single one. We should be careful if that person or mob in question stalking them they might actually hit harder than the normal things in this area. They might even have a way to get their health back too. I wonder if it really does taste like chicken." he mumbled that last part. "Anyway, that's all the intel I have on that," he explained. "Good thing I'm a cook huh?" he tried to make that sound like it'd be general knowledge for a cook and not something he had to research.

@NIGHT

"I mean, that sounds about right." The guard mentioned, shrugging. "Well, if you two need me, I'll be somewhere around here, I guess. I'm sure the others can cover for me if need be." With a wave, the man strolled off.

"The scurry lizard, huh..." NIGHT repeated, ensuring she got it right.

-- Wait.

"Wait, you were planning to cook it up?! You just said it's poisonous!" She looked at Lonzo incredulously. Maybe he was more experienced of a chef than she'd imagined. But still, she'd imagine poison in this game to be a bit more potent. "I seriously hope you weren't planning to eat it. Although, the knowledge did come in handy, thank you, Lonzo."

"Would the materials taken from the blacksmith's still fall under alchemy, though?" NIGHT continued, still musing. "I could maybe see an assassin? Or someone working alone needing the poison. It sure fits the profile we've built for them."

The girl looked up at Lonzo, her mind made up. "I think an ambush down at the river bank is a pretty solid idea. We should at least head down and take a look, if we're not setting up station there."

@Lonzo

"A good cook can extract the poisons, and even make a cure with food. Just like an alchemist, though I think they do it best. The alchemist. You never know who I might try to impress after all." he winked. "It seems it could be any number of things of what they're using it for. Perhaps just supplies as well. Either way, we should be leery if it is an assassin. Yes, so please me on your guard darling. As for eating something poisonous, no, I'd sooner feed it to my enemies." funny enough he wasn't sure if that'd even work in a game like this, a person could just look up an item's properties, but could a mob do the same thing? He'd have to test that someday. "Anyway, you don't have to worry about that, and if you're worried you can look up all the properties of the food anyway. Which is actually a habit I've picked it up to learn what NPCs have been using for materials actually." he winked letting her in on his secret to learning how to cook quickly.

He nodded at her plan.

"Right sounds good to me." He walked with her through the forest and placed his back to a tree and looked over his shoulder. 

There was a campsite nearby. The fire was going and the silhouette of a woman could be seen in the tent. They seemed to be sharpening their blade. Outside the tent was a dusting of ore materials and bones of various mobs from the area. By the fire was an alchemy station, and on the table were jars filled with off green liquid that held a singular fat tail about half a foot long with teeth and claws at the bottom of the jars. As Lonzo looked at the materials all around the campsite his eyes fell upon a slightly torn shirt that was stolen from Hanna's shop. He moved his head back. 

"Nightingale, shall I move to her first? I'm in heavy armor and might alert her, but if that's the safest option I'd sooner take that. Unless you'd like to strike her first." he wondered if NIGHT saw everything he saw. The evidence that this was the person they were looking for was staggering. He had no doubt in his mind this was the person who had wronged the two shop keepers.

Though the two of them were donned in heavy armor, they tried to keep as quiet as possible making their way through the woods. NIGHT took the time to stew the idea of eating poisons, even if it actually were food. On the other hand, Lonzo's theory of checking an item's properties were probably the best way to begin crafting -- a starting step, if not used to make imitation objects. She'd have to remember that for later.

A soft shuffle could be heard, eventually, a sound that neither of them were making. Lonzo put his back to a tree and checked behind it, wary. NIGHT followed suit, squatting instead, making sure she was as small as possible.

Someone had made camp. A woman, judging from the silhouette. Piles of materials could be seen, and jars used for alchemy were littered on the table. Lonzo turned to her, whispering, "Nightingale, shall I move to her first? I'm in heavy armor and might alert her, but if that's the safest option I'd sooner take that. Unless you'd like to strike her first."

NIGHT nodded. She felt confident when it came to combat, but whether or not her skill held up was still up to her. Rising, careful not to make a sound, she drew her blade, raising it up to her cheek. When her sword started to glow, she moved, rushed and cutting past the woman, taking the enemy by surprise. NIGHT's landing left her in some bushes, and she ducked, careful to avoid being seen by their target.

@Lonzo

ID: 128674 | BD: 6 (4, +2)
<<Straight>> vs Dark Elf.
4 * 2 = 8 DMG

Dark Elf | HP: 4/12 (-8) | DMG: 9

NIGHT | HP: 60/60 | EN: 4/6 (-2) | DMG: 4 | MIT: 9 | ACC: 2 

Edited by NIGHT

So she uses a shield huh? I didn't expect that. He thought to himself. 

He watched her hit the dark elf pretty hard. That's who was up to all of this. A dark elf. He hadn't seen an elf once until now. Does that mean there are other mobs that are human-like? That'd make them pretty unnerving to hit, but they are human. He clutched his axe and remembered how ransacked the place was. If there was something he couldn't tolerate it was the dark elf in front of him. He rushed forwards but arced off from the side and then sprinted towards the enemy. 

"It's not yours and you're hurting our chances at this you doxy."

With a whirl from his axe he heard a scream as the elf mob was shattered. He rested his axe over his shoulder and looked around at everything. He was a little surprised, perhaps they honestly did surprise the elf.

"Well done you two!" a guard congratulated them."
"So you've all known about this spot and didn't even do anything, or rather you let other people handle your issues. You know this makes it harder for people who want to eat you idiot." he glared at the guard. Then sighed pinching his nose. "Thank you NIGHT, without your initial attack there would have been a chance someone could have gotten harmed. " he relaxed and looked at her. He held his hand out to her to shake hands with her. "I know you know I'm Lonzo but...it's a pleasure working with someone so competent. I usually settle for just gorgeous but you certainly take the cake." 
"Well don't you worry I'll take this stuff back for you." the guard started to pick things up to return them to the proper owners. 

128688 9

Dark Elf | HP: 0/12 | DMG 5   2(4) +1mini crit) 9dmg total whirlwid SA used

NIGHT | HP: 60/60 | EN: 4/6 (-2) | DMG: 4 | MIT: 9 | ACC: 2 
Lonzo IHP:100 I EN 6/10 I DMG 4 Mit 18 

Edited by Lonzo

A single swing from Lonzo, and the elf dissipated into ashes. NIGHT sighed, getting back up and wading out of the bushes, careful not to trip. From behind them, a guard began clapping, stepping out of the shadows of the trees.

"Well done, you two!"

... How did he get here? Who is this guy? Her adrenaline was still running high after the strike, in being careful not to get caught. She didn't catch Lonzo's scolding of the guard, but it felt... necessary. Looking around the camp site, the creature that did this really put a damper on people's lives around the village.

Lonzo offered a hand towards her, breaking her inattentiveness. "I know you know I'm Lonzo, but... It's a pleasure working with someone so competent."

"Pleasure's all mine," she replied with a smile, shaking his hand. "You did quite a bit of investigative work yourself."

"I usually settle for just gorgeous but you certainly take the cake."

"..."

NIGHT's smile faded immediately as she released his hand, trotting back to the village with a deadpanned look.

He laughed. "You need to loosen up Nightingal." he started putting things into a barrel and put them into his inventory. "OAF." he could tell he was full up on everything at that moment.
"What are you doing?" The guard asked, "Are you ste-"
"Your job, per usual. Step aside I need to return this stuff with NIGHT and call it a day," he said walking feeling oddly heavy. Was this was incumbered felt like. "I didn't know there was a weight limit in this game I think I overdid it with quest items." he huffed and kept walking. "NIIIIIIGHT wait up!" he tried to catch up to her and went back to the smith's shop. He more or less tossed the items out of his inventory as quickly as possible. "There's your stuff. By the way it was a dark elf so let the surrounding area know there might be a brigand problem in this area."
"You mean a dark elf problem."
"No, a BRIGAND problem. One bad apple doesn't a dead tree make. There's always good apples you know. I'm a cook, I just know these things." he wasn't about to let them get away with grouping people together like that it wasn't his style. "Hey I hope we can work together again NIGHT. I'll try to be less of a fop around you if it helps." he was pretty pleased with how well the quest had gone.
"Not bad, I'm willing to make one of you some armor. Light or heavy. I'll make it if it's heavy or my wife will if it's light for returning all of this to us."

By the time Lonzo had reached the smithy, NIGHT was already inside, holding the door open, brooding in the corner. She turned her head when she saw him lumbering through the door. "Oh, welcome back."

Did.. did he always walk this slowly?

The man dropped off a bulk of items -- way more than NIGHT had imagined was back at camp. Overcarrying then? I didn't know there was a weight limit.

"There's your stuff," he mentioned, patting the pile of items. "By the way, it was a dark elf, so let the surrounding area know there might be a brigand problem in this area."

"You mean a dark elf problem," Griswold corrected.

"No, a BRIGAND problem." From the corner of NIGHT's eye, she spotted two new quests being added to her quest log. For a moment, catching the name of one of the quests, NIGHT believed Griswold, but as soon as it vanished she had forgotten the sentiment.

"Hey," Lonzo called out to her, and she looked back to meet his gaze. "I hope we can work together again NIGHT. I'll try to be less of a fop around you if it helps."

She nodded in response. "It's cool." She reinforced her voice with solemnness as she added, "Just don't try to hit on me again." Letting it go, she continued, "Let me know if I can help you in the future though."

And so, the two adventurers completed the quest, much to NIGHT's surprise. With the quest reward being a piece of armor, NIGHT begrudgingly took it, concerned that her partner-in-crime hadn't anything this fancy to show for their efforts. Even as Lonzo waved it off as 'nothing to worry about', she took it down as 'a favour owed', and the two went on their separate ways.

- - -

Thread Summary

[Total]
Lonzo
+ 2 SP
+ 200 col

NIGHT
+ 2 SP
+ 200 col
+ [T1E1] Dragon Bone Cuirass (Heavy Armor)

Spoiler

[Quest Rewards]
+ 1 SP
+ [T1E1] Dragon Bone Cuirass (Heavy Armor) ---> (NIGHT)

[Thread Progress]
+ 1 SP
+ 200col/participant