[F01-PP] <<The First Few Lessons Are Free>> My First Victim...?

When Violet spawned into this world, she was unsure of what to do, where to go. But now that she had gotten used to it over the years, she had a plan. First thing was to complete the beginner quests so that she could level up and become stronger. That way, she would be able to rise up in the ranks in this world quickly and turn this world and its players into her play thing. She checked the first quest that appeared on her display. "The First Few Lessons Are Free," she read aloud. She laughed. "Nothing is free in this world." She walked over to a sharp with the quest marker over it. "Huh, quaint little place. Wonder how much he has to steal." She smiled mischievously and headed inside. 

"Hey, old man. I'm here for that quest or whatever it is you wanted," she said rather rudely. 

Zachariah, the old alchemist, greeted her warmly (as was in his programming). "Why hello there, young woman! I am in need of a few materials. Would you be so kind as to go out and fetch them?" He held out a list of materials that he needed. 

Violet sighed and snatched the list out of the old NPCs hands. "Alright. But you better pay me." She walked out of the door without another world. Once she was outside, she paused and tried to decide where to go next. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A sudden sense of foreboding washed over Yukiro, sending a chill down his spine. That said, it was a particularly cold, misty day, so there was a good chance it was just his imagination. 
Walking away from his favorite secluded cafe (it was a bit of a pub inside) he noticed a player standing near Zachariah's shop. Someone newer than him, it was safe to say. 
Once again, an unexpected chill washed over Yukiro's body. 
He needed to approach this player. He didn't know why, but he needed to keep an eye on her. 
Approaching the new player, Yukiro asked about her situation. 
"Hey. Do you need any help? You seem a little lost."
The girl was under half his height and seemed somewhat thin, but for some unexplainable reason she made Yukiro feel uneasy. Just who was this girl?
"If you don't mind my lending assistance, that is," he added, hoping that this would give him a chance to bail out on his offer. 

Edited by Yukiro

Violet turned as she heard a voice, her hands up in a defensive reaction. Oh. It's just another player. She checked his level and frowned. Too high to kill for nowshe noted. Then he mentioned that she looked lost. Her frown deepened. "I'm not lost... I'm just taking my time deciding on where to go. I need to get materials for this stupid quest." She slapped the list in her one hand with the other for added emphasis. 

He offered his assistance. She was wary. What if he tricked her...? She took a moment to think about it. Well, if he tried to attack her she could run if needed. She hated running, but she wasn't about to fight to the death in a losing battle. "Fine, I'll let you accompany me," she finally said with a cautious tone. "Now, show me where to find these materials." She held the list up for him to see. Ugh, why does he have to be so dang tall... She grimaced. 

@Yukiro

"Fine, I'll let you accompany me," said the player, a cautious tone underlying her words, "Now, show me where to find these materials." She held the list up for him to see. She also began to glare at him for some reason grimaced. 
Yukiro glanced over the list. It wasn't all that extensive, though it had two more items then when he took the same quest. Flowers, a certain mineral, and... nectar? As in from trees? Huh.
"Well. Thank you for allowing me to join you," he offered, "These are all fairly common. Follow me, it's this way."
Without another word, he began to lead the newer player out to the fields.
"By the way, my name's Yukiro. What's yours?"
As he spoke a plan was forming in his head. He'd keep a close eye on this one throughout the quest and make note of any unusual behavior. She clearly wasn't like the rest of the players he'd met, and he wanted to know exactly what was so different. 

@Violet Smith

Violet begrudgingly followed the man. "Thank you," she managed to mumble out. She hated saying the words to someone she just met and who she felt didn't deserve it, but it was the one thing drilled into her head from life in the orphanage. Her knuckles had a phantom stinging pain whenever she thought about the memories. The nuns would lash out with those darn wooden rulers if you didn't say please or thank you or didn't pray, etc. Violet shook her head free of the thoughts. 

She took mental note of his name, then stated hers. "Violet Delta Smith. You'd do well to remember it." 

She kept a keen eye on the man as they walked, making sure he made no sudden movements. She never trusted anybody right off the bat. Trust was a weakness that could get you killed. While they were walking, she attempted to search for any materials, but found nothing of use. 

@Yukiro

Spoiler

searching for T1 material
Roll ID#: 128080
LD: 1 fail

0/5 materials found

Edited by Violet Smith
Spoiler

ID# 128082 | LD: 3

As the pair went out into the field Yukiro could feel Violet's eyes burning into his back. It was safe to say that she was wary of him, that was for certain. 
As they left the town he lead her to a small patch of flowers near the city wall, the same one he gathered from so long ago. And many more times with other beginners. 
"First things first, you'll need to pick three flowers. Not that complicated, except they have to be certain flowers. If you choose the wrong one," he instructed, picking a random flower which shattered in his hand, "You don't get the flower."
He knelt down, giving Violet space to sit next to him. He was torn between trying to be friendly and on guard. She just had an aura about her that told him she was dangerous. 
"So... Tell me about yourself. What do you like to do?" he asked, figuring simple conversation would be his safest option for the time being. 

@Violet Smith

Edited by Yukiro

Violet tilted her head at the explanation. What an odd way for this all to work, she thought to herself as she attempted to pick one of the flowers. Instead of shattering in her hand like Yukiro's had, it stayed whole. "Ha, got one," she said as she put the flower into her inventory. 

She saw Yukiro kneel down. She squinted at him, weary of his motives, but decided to slowly sit down next to him. "Just don't try anything," she said once she had sat down on the grass beside him. If she let her guard down, she knew he could easily take her out with a move or two. 

Then he asked her what she liked to do. "Well, when I wasn't robbing people blind or helping run a gang, I liked to play video games and spar." She didn't want to reveal too much too quickly to this stranger. She turned her head and looked at him. "What about you?" 

@Yukiro

Spoiler

searching for T1 materials
Roll ID#: 128089
LD: 17 (success)

1/5 Materials found

Edited by Violet Smith
Spoiler

ID# 128090 | LD: 11
1/5 T1 materials found

"Just don't try anything." 
Yukiro wasn't sure what she was referring to. What would he try to do?
Ah, no matter. There were more important things to focus on now. 
"Well, when I wasn't robbing people blind or helping run a gang, I liked to play video games and spar." She turned her head and looked at him. "What about you?" 
Oi. Wait a second. Robbing people blind? Running a gang? Wait a second.
So she's a criminal. Hm. I should definitely keep a closer eye on her.
"Sounds like an interesting life. Mine was spent fighting and... fighting. Yeah, that was pretty much it."
Reaching into the colorful patch of flowers he pulled out a small yellow blossom. He glanced over at Violet. She seemed very on guard. He couldn't blame her though.
"..."
What do I say now? I shouldn't pry further into her personal life... 
"Is there anything you want to do while we're out here?"

Clearly Yukiro knew what he was doing. 

@Violet Smith

Edited by Yukiro

Violet's ears perked when he said fighting. "Oh, did you get to kill anyone?" she asked gleefully. Though from the way this man looked, she highly doubted that he had seen the life drain from anyone's eyes due to his own hand. He kind of looked like he would be scared of a cockroach if it came running towards him.  

"Is there anything you want to do while we're out here?"

Violet leaned back and stared up at the sky. "Hm, well I do want to kill a few things. I don't want my skills to get rusty." She laughed as she pulled out her dagger and began to throw it around, catching it as it fell. At one point she caught it and lunged at Yukiro, stopping mere inches away from his face. "What about you?" she asked, still poised in that position. She had a wide grin on her face, enjoying this. 

@Yukiro

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 128093
LD: 11 success

2/5 materials found

Edited by Violet Smith
Spoiler

ID# 128097 | LD: 4

"Oh, did you get to kill anyone?" she asked, a little to happily. 
"... No, I generally avoid killing. Call it a habit," he told her. It seems that Violet was more dangerous than he had envisioned. 
Violet leaned back and looked up at the sky. "Hm, well I do want to kill a few things. I don't want my skills to get rusty." 
She pulled out her dagger and began to toss it into the air, catching it as it fell.
Suddenly she lunged at Yukiro, stopping the tip of her knife. mere inches away from his face.
He looked Violet in the eye, slightly annoyed. 
"What about you?" she asked without changing position. She had a wide grin on her face. 
Yukiro stood his ground, not breaking eye contact. "If you want to fight something there are plenty of boars. Why don't we take a break and go kill one?"
The only reason he was able to keep calm was because of his constant battle training. Violet was certainly unsettling. 

@Symphony

Edited by Yukiro

Violet frowned. He hadn't reacted like she had hoped. She sighed and jumped up nimbly, stretching after sitting for a bit. "You're no fun," she groaned as she bent back, nearly in half. She spotted a flower and attempted to pick it, but it disintegrated in her hand. "Ugh, so annoying," she said as she straightened back up. 

"If you want to fight something there are plenty of boars. Why don't we take a break and go kill one?"

A grin crossed her lips as an idea formed in her mind. "Alright, let's go find some," she said as she walked towards the forest area that surrounded the Town of Beginnings. She motioned and waved for Yukiro to follow her. "You might as well follow along. If I use most of my energy killing boars, then I'll have less to use on killing you~" she teased, laughing at her own comment. She was half joking and half serious at this point. 

@Yukiro

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 128098
LD: 3

2/5 materials needed

Edited by Violet Smith
Spoiler

ID# 128101 | LD: 11
2/5

"Alright, let's go find some," Violet said, a grin on her face as she walked towards the forested area. She waved for Yukiro to follow her. "You might as well follow along. If I use most of my energy killing boars, then I'll have less to use on killing you~" she said, laughing.
She has a... Likable personality.
Yukiro stood up and began to follow Violet. He figured she was kidding, but given how she spoke... He'd best be on guard. 
"... I'm glad you're enjoying this. Let me know if I can make it better for you."
He had to admit, he was curious how she would react to him. Perhaps if he was friendlier... Maybe eventually.
Catching up to Violet and walking beside her, he scanned the ground for any stray materials. Upon seeing one he bent down and snatched up a small, glittering rock. 
"Keep an eye out for these as we go. It might be helpful," he instructed, watching her reaction.

@Violet Smith

Edited by Yukiro

"... I'm glad you're enjoying this. Let me know if I can make it better for you."

"I mean, you could let me hunt you for fun," she replied, giggling again. "Though..." She looked up at him, having to recline her neck so far. "I don't think I can reach your neck from here." She frowned. He might have been one of the tallest people that she had met. 

She watched him pick up the item and took mental note of it. She spent a moment or two bent down, trying to find any similar rocks, but found nothing. "Ugh, this searching is so boring, but don't worry, we're nearly where I plan to hunt." 

After a few more minutes of walking through the grassy forest, they had come upon a small field surrounded by trees. She crouched and held out her arm, blocking Yukiro from continuing. "Stay," she commanded him as she took out her dagger. In front of them were two boars grazing. She was grinning madly, ready to dash out and take one of them out. 

@Yukiro

Spoiler

Boar 1: 25/25 HP | 5 DMG | +3 ACC | -3 EVA
Boar 2: 25/25 HP | 5 DMG | +3 ACC | -3 EVA

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 128103
LD: 3

Edited by Violet Smith
Spoiler

ID# 128122 | BD: 7 (4+3)
Yukiro: HP 200/200 | EN 20/20
Boar 1: 18/25 HP (-7) | 5 DMG | +3 ACC | -3 EVA
Boar 2: 25/25 HP | 5 DMG | +3 ACC | -3 EVA

"I mean, you could let me hunt you for fun," Violet suggested, giggling. "Though... I don't think I can reach your neck from here." She frowned at Yukiro. Yukiro had to hide a smile. It was a little rude, but the height difference was a little funny. To him, at least. 

They walked through the forest together until they came upon a small clearing. A couple of boars were eating grass in the clearing. Violet crouched and blocked Yukiro with her arm. 
"Stay," she commanded, taking out her dagger. 
Normally, Yukiro would have obeyed such a request. But today he just... didn't.
He drew his sword. If Violet didn't want him to walk out there, he had other ways to attack. 
In one fluid motion Yukiro whipped his sword arm forward, throwing the weapon in a direct line to one of the boars. His sword impaled one of the grazing creatures.
"Oops," he exclaimed, "Sorry, my hand slipped."

@Violet Smith

Edited by Yukiro

Violet frowned and glared at Yukiro when he disobeyed her command, but then she started to laugh. "So I guess you aren't a sheep after all. Good. Sheep are boring to play with." She smiled genuinely up at him. "Now it's my turn." 

She raced forward, her dagger held out in front of her. As she approached the second boar, it began to run away. She attempted to lash out and get one of its back legs but it was too slow. That smile quickly turned into a frown. "Darn it," she cursed as she stared down the boar. "You got lucky you over-sized piece of bacon." She turned back to Yukiro, her face serious. "Show me what else you can do." 

She was upset and slightly embarrassed that her first move hadn't hit the target, but he would never let him see those emotions. She would take out all her rage in her next attack instead. 

@Yukiro

Spoiler

Round Accel vs. Boar 2
Roll ID#: 128125
BD: 1 + 3 = 4 (fail)

[H: 0 | 0] Violet: 20/20 HP | 0/2 EN | 2 DMG | 5 MIT | BLEED
[H: 1 | 0] Yukiro: 200/200 HP | 19/20 EN | 7 DMG | 3 EVA | 18 MIT 

vs. 

Boar 1: 18/25 HP | 5 DMG | +3 ACC | -3 EVA
Boar 2: 25/25 HP | 5 DMG | +3 ACC | -3 EVA

Spoiler

Sword Arts:

Rank 1

• [x2 Stun] Side Bite (5 Energy) - Stab your opponent in both sides, pincing nerves, stunning opponent.
  • [x2] Round Accel (2 Energy) - Dash around target at high speeds, delivering two slash/stabs into target.

Note: forgot to roll for boar attacks, so Yukiro rolled for them in next post. 

Edited by Violet Smith
Spoiler

ID# 128129 | BD: 3 MD: 1
ID# 128130 | BD: 3 MD: 7 (4+3)
Yukiro: HP 199/200 (-1) (5dmg - 18 mit = 1dmg) | EN 15/20 (-6+1)
Violet: HP 20/20 

Boar 1: 18/25 HP  | 5 DMG | +3 ACC | -3 EVA (1 Hate Yukiro)
Boar 2: 25/25 HP | 5 DMG | +3 ACC | -3 EVA (no hate)
regen starts next turn

Violet darted out towards one of the boars. The feral pig she had targeted began to run away, causing Violet to miss in her attempt to gut it. 
"Darn it. You got lucky you over-sized piece of bacon." She turned back to Yukiro, her face more serious than before. "Show me what else you can do." 
Yukiro sighed and strolled out into the clearing, cleanly removing his sword from the first boar's side. 
He glanced between the boars and activated a sword art. Not his favorite thing to do, but it would deal damage quicker. 
What he failed to realize until after he'd activated the sword art is that the boars were too far apart to hit at once. His swings targeted nothing but empty air. 
He stood there for a moment, staring at his sword.
"... That was the system. Not me."
As he spoke, the boar that Violet had failed to cut rammed into his leg.
Yukiro didn't pay it any mind.

@Violet Smith

Edited by Yukiro

Violet laughed as the man missed. "Ah, so it's the game affecting us then?" She grinned. "Well, let's see if the game tries to hold me back again." She paced around the boars, stalking them. Then in one swift movement, she dashed towards the second boar and struck it down before it could move again. She slashed across its back, creating a gash in the creature. However, she didn't expect for the animal to attack back. "Agh!" She let out a yell -- more out of surprise than from pain -- as the boar rammed into her chest with its tusks. She fell backwards and managed to roll out of the way of another attack. She nimbly jumped back up and jogged back over to Yukiro. "Your turn again," she said while staring at her dagger. She seemed distracted by the object in her hand. It did so little damage that it was beginning to annoy her. 

@Yukiro

Spoiler

basic attack vs. boar 2
Roll ID#: 128131
BD: 3 + 3 = 6 (2 DMG)
MD: 10 (+2 crit Violet)

Boar 1 attack
Roll ID#: 128132
MD: 1 (miss)

[H: 0 | 0] Violet: 20- (7 - 50 = 18/20 HP | 0/2 EN | 2 DMG | 5 MIT | BLEED
[H: 1 | 0] Yukiro: 199/200 HP | 15/20 EN | 7 DMG | 3 EVA | 18 MIT 

vs. 

Boar 1: 18/25 HP | 5 DMG | +3 ACC | -3 EVA
Boar 2: 25 - 2 = 23/25 HP | 5 DMG | +3 ACC | -3 EVA

Edited by Violet Smith
Spoiler

ID# 128138 | BD: 7 (4+3)
ID# 128139 | BD: 10
Yukiro: HP 200/200 (+5) | EN 10/20 (+1-6)
Violet: HP 18/20 

Boar 1: 4/25 (7*2=14 dmg) HP  | 5 DMG | +3 ACC | -3 EVA (2 Hate Yukiro)
Boar 2: 0/25 (14+2=9 dmg +24 (burn/blight) = 40 dmg) HP | 5 DMG | +3 ACC | -3 EVA (2 hate Violet)
regen turn 1 | Burn/Blight/Freeze on Boar 2

One of the boars bashed it's head into Violet's chest, knocking her over. To Yukiro's surprise, she rolled back and hopped over to his side. 
"Your turn again," she said distractedly. Yukiro figured it was safe to assume she was frustrated with her knife, as she was staring at her knife with an unhappy expression. 
Yukiro sighed and strolled away from his companion. "It's just a knife, and you're just starting out. I was irritated by the lack of realism myself. I'd try to simply remove their legs and I'd just do a little damage. Still..."

He paused to slash at the first boar. The hairy pig squealed and moved away as it's health bar dropped. 
"... It's nice to know that you might not die it you get your throat cut. It's really different from what I know."
As he spoke he cleaved through the other boar too. Behind his sword a burst of flame and black boils appeared on the boar's body. Ice also began to cover it before it shattered.
"There you go. Now you won't targeted for another attack."

@Violet Smith

Edited by Yukiro

"It's just a knife, and you're just starting out. I was irritated by the lack of realism myself. I'd try to simply remove their legs and I'd just do a little damage. Still..."

"It's still annoying," she sighed while tossing the weapon about. A mischievous grin came to her face as he mentioned not dying if your throat was cut. "But where's the fun in that," she commented. Then she watched as he attacked the second boar, curious at the effects his weapon had. "I want a weapon like that. Where'd you get it?" 

"There you go. Now you won't targeted for another attack."

"You didn't have to do that," she grumbled. She didn't like being protected or feeling like she was in debt to another person. 

After she had finished pouting, she charged the first boar again and stabbed deep into its side. As she drew the blade out, she looked up and saw the enemy's health bar decrease by only 2 points. This is super frustrating. The boar then began to charge for Yukiro. "Watch out," she said casually, glancing over his way. 

@Yukiro

Spoiler

basic attack vs. boar 1
Roll ID#: 128143
BD: 7 (success)
MD: 9 (+1 crit) attacks Yukiro

[H: 1 | 1] Violet: 18/20 HP | 0/2 EN | 2 DMG | 5 MIT | BLEED
[H: 2 | 0] Yukiro: 199/200 HP | 10/20 EN | 7 DMG | 3 EVA | 18 MIT 

vs. 

Boar 1: 18 - 2 = 16/25 HP | 5 DMG | +3 ACC | -3 EVA <- will attack Yukiro next post
Boar 2: 0/25 HP | 5 DMG | +3 ACC | -3 EVA

Edited by Violet Smith
Spoiler

ID# 128145 | BD: 10
Yukiro: HP 200/200 (-1+5) | EN 10/20 (+1-1)
Violet: HP 18/20 

Boar 1: 0/25 (7+2+24 = 33 dmg) HP  | 5 DMG | +3 ACC | -3 EVA
regen turn 2, refreshes next turn | Burn/Blight/Freeze on Boar 1

"I want a weapon like that. Where'd you get it?" 
"I found it impaled in a rock," Yukiro told her, "I won it at an event. You can't get it anymore," he glanced back at Violet, "Though you're welcome to try and take it."
"Watch out," Violet called casually, glancing over his way. 
"What?" Yukiro asked as the boar seemed to bump into his leg. He looked down at it. "Oh. Thanks."
Making a sharp kick as the boar he sent it into the air before slicing it midair. The same effects as before covered it's body; a burst of fire, a black plague, and a bit of frost. And then is shattered.
Yukiro sighed and rested his sword's blade on his shoulder. "Now then. We've gotten a bit of a warm up. I'll leave what to do next up to you." 
Yukiro returned to Violet's side at a casual walking pace. He concluded that she would be someone to watch out for, but not yet to be feared. 
Though that assessment could change in an instant.

@Violet Smith

Edited by Yukiro