[F01-PP] <<The First Few Lessons Are Free>> My First Victim...?

"Though you're welcome to try and take it."

Violet sighed at what he said. "Don't be an idiot. I know I don't have enough power to take it from you." Her voice had a depressed tone to it as she twirled the blade she had in her hand. "This is quite infuriating. In the real world, I could have taken you down with one blow." She stopped walking and looked at the stats above his head. "Now it would take me 50." She began walking once more. "Give or take a few." Sighing once more, she continued on, "Such a dull world. No realism to it at all." 

As she was walking, her boot happened to kick something with a little bit of weight to it. She looked down and picked whatever it was up. "Oh, it appears to be that rock you mentioned," she said as she put the item into her inventory. "Two left to go." 

"I'll leave what to do next up to you."

To that, Violet responded with, "Well, next we'll continue to gather materials so that I can get the stupid rewards for this quest and level up. Next, you'll accompany me with the rest of the beginner quests as I find you acceptable and fun to play with." By "play with", her tone implied that she meant as if playing with a toy. 

@Yukiro

Spoiler

searching for T1 materials
Roll ID#: 128150
LD: 18 (found something!)

3/5 materials found

Edited by Violet Smith
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

ID# 128152 | LD: 18
3/5 T1 Materials found

"Well, next we'll continue to gather materials so that I can get the stupid rewards for this quest and level up. Next, you'll accompany me with the rest of the beginner quests as I find you acceptable and fun to play with." When she said 'toy', Yukiro had a fierce internal debate as to whether to get angry or accept the comment. 
Half a moment passed before his spirit decided to play along. For the time being, at least.
"... Well, happy to help then. And don't worry, you'll get strong soon enough," he assured her, "Though I'd rather you didn't kill me."
As he spoke he knelt down and plucked a shiny rock from the ground. It's surface was smooth and cool, glimmering in the light.
He looked up at Violet. "Though trying to scare me was kind of fun. You can keep doing that." Regardless of how she was saying it, she was still asking for help. And who was he to turn down her request?

@Violet Smith

Edited by Yukiro

Though I'd rather you didn't kill me."

Violet couldn't help but laugh. "Ah, no. The death won't be quick. I like to play with my prey a little bit first," she said while glancing back at him, a sly grin across her lips. She was glad that he enjoyed the mock attempt of killing him. "Ah, it appears as thought the toy enjoys my bit of fun! How quaint," she said while bending down to gather materials. She knew she could turn her back to him now as he wouldn't be able to kill her. He wasn't that type of person -- which only made it more fun to play with him before she got stronger. 

"Ah, look what I found!" she exclaimed as she picked up a white flower. "So pretty." She turned it in the air, looking at the sun shining through its petals before putting it away into her inventory. "That makes me one more ahead of you. Better catch up."

@Yukiro

Spoiler

searchng for T1 Materials
Roll ID#: 128158
LD: 12

4/5 materials found

Edited by Violet Smith
Spoiler

ID# 128174 | LD: 20
4/5 T1 Materials found

"Ah, look what I found! So pretty." Violet exclaimed, holding up a small flower. "That makes me one more ahead of you. Better catch up."
Yukiro quietly watched her. Her attitude had changed. It was only slight, but it had. For one, she'd just turned her back to him. That showed him she as beginning to trust him, at least a little more than before. 
"Yeah, I'll do that," he replied with a slight smile as he began to scour the ground for anything of interest. 
Then he had a thought. 
We needed nectar. Nectar comes from trees, so I wonder...
He drew his sword and walked past Violet to a tree. Raising his weapon he struck the tree hard, leaving a large gash where he'd hit it. A sappy substance began to leak from the wound. Tapping the tree sap the substance collected into his inventory.
"Found one of the things we needed," he announced.
He returned once again to Violet's side. 

@Violet Smith

Edited by Yukiro

Violet watched Yukiro closely as he slashed the tree. To her surprise, nectar began to flow from the cut in the tree. Oh, so there is unique interaction like this with solid fixtures, she thought. 

It was her turn now. She walked up to another tree and slashed its bark away with her dagger, cutting deep into the meat of the tree. It was nothing like cutting living flesh, but it did offer her some satisfaction. She took out a jar from her inventory and collected the sap. "Ah, it seems I'm all finished with gathering my materials. Collect your final one and we'll head back to that old man. I'm ready to be done with this quest." She stretched and yawned once more. 

She was a little aggravated that gathering was quicker than fighting in this game. Usually it was well balanced in other RPGs that she had played, but the results could have also been thrown off by her pure luck with her looting. She rubbed her temples, getting a headache from trying to absorb all of this information. 

@Yukiro

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 128177
LD: 20

5/5 materials found <- mission complete
Next: Craft a potion

Edited by Violet Smith
Spoiler

ID# 128190 | LD: 6

"Ah, it seems I'm all finished with gathering my materials. Collect your final one and we'll head back to that old man. I'm ready to be done with this quest," she ordered, stretching and yawning once more.
Yukiro bent down and scanned the ground once more. While he didn't like the thought of taking orders from this seemingly violent girl, he decided to pay it no mind. The first priority was helping her reach a point where she could survive without him. 
Though that may mean he'd have to stick around her more to make sure she didn't kill anyone. 

Looking around he found no obvious things to gather. He straightened up and turned to make his way out of the forest.
"I'll find something on the way out. We might as well be closer to town when I do," he told her, glancing back at the smaller girl, "Besides, it's a chance for you to play your games on the way, right?"

@Violet Smith

Edited by Yukiro

"Besides, it's a chance for you to play your games on the way, right?"

Violet cheered up at this comment. "Ah! You're right!" She grinned and led the way back to town, still playing with her dagger out of boredom. Along the way, she stopped and looked up in a tree at a family of birds. Hm, I guess there are regular animals and a type of ecosystem in this game. Quite intriguingAfter watching the birds for a few moments, she continued on, humming quietly to herself. Then, without any hint of what was about to happen, she threw her dagger into the trunk of a tree right next to Yukiro's head. She turned around grinning. "How was that for a little bit of fun?" she asked, running over to her dagger. She had to jump to pull the blade out due to the fact that it was lodged at the same height of Yukiro's head (a much taller height than her). She looked up at him, gauging his reaction. 

@Yukiro

Spoiler

ID# 128193 | LD: 7

Violet went in front of Yukiro, leading the way once again. She was humming, apparently in a good mood. Without warning she threw her dagger at Yukiro, the blade stabbing into a tree only inches from Yukiro's head. Yukiro instinctively tilted his head away from the attack as it came, clearly surprised. But not yet shaken. Violet grinned at him. "How was that for a little bit of fun?" she asked as she ran over to retrieve her dagger.
Yukiro paused for a moment before speaking. 
"Caught me off guard, I'll admit. But clearly you don't know how to fluster me," he said, giving her a slight smile. He went ahead and started walking back towards town, still scanning for anything he could gather along the way.
Gah! Nothing. I'm cursed when it comes to gathering.
Rather than dwell on his misfortune Yukiro turned back to Violet as he walked. "Keep trying! You'll get me one day."
While it was dangerous, he had to admit; these games of hers were pretty entertaining. 

@Violet Smith

Edited by Yukiro

"Caught me off guard, I'll admit. But clearly you don't know how to fluster me,"

"Gah, you're no fun if I can't scare you," she whined, walking a few steps ahead of him still. She needed to think of some way to fluster him. She sighed and tapped her lip with her right index finger. Hm, a way to fluster a man... She had an idea, but it wasn't appropriate. As she glanced back to check on him and make sure he was behaving, she noticed something up on a tree branch above his head. "Stay," she commanded as she walked over and practically climbed up him. Once she was sat on his shoulders with her legs loosely wrapped around his neck, she reached up and tried to grab an apple from the tree. Her fingers barely graced it, so she reached up with her dagger, giving her the extra few inches to cut it down. Along with it came a piece of bark that could be used as a material for crafting. 

She bit into the apple happily. "Mmm, nice and fweshh," she said while munching on it. She paused her eating to say, "Alright, you may continue walking," still perched on his shoulders. 

@Yukiro

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 128197
LD: 17 (success)

Obtained 1 T1 material

Edited by Violet Smith
Spoiler

ID# 128198 | LD: 4

"Stay," Violet suddenly commanded. Yukiro stopped, a little confused as she marched over to him. 
Violet grabbed him and started to scale his body. "Oi-- Wha--?" he sputtered, clearly confused. She made her way up to his shoulder, where she sat down and started reaching for something.
"H-Hey! Why are you--!" 
He was interrupted by a loud crunching noise. "Mmm, nice and fweshh. Alright, you may continue walking." She did not move from her new perch. For a full minute Yukiro just stood there, stunned. 
Why is this new girl sitting on my shoulders?
Despite his slight agitation and less-slight alarm, he hid his emotions and continued forward. 
"... Are you enjoying this?"
Maybe later he could knock her off with a branch. But not now. She might as well enjoy herself for a little while. Before they went their own ways of course.
If we go separate ways.
Wait. Where did that come from? No, don't think that. That's a bad thought. No way she would stick with him. 
"You're welcome to get down wherever you'd like," he mumbled. 

@Violet Smith

Edited by Yukiro

"... Are you enjoying this?"

"Mmhmm," she said while continuing to munch on the apple, still perched above him. She began to kick her feet forward lightly, enjoying herself greatly. "You make a good perch," her voice muffled by her eating. 

"You're welcome to get down wherever you'd like,"

"I'll get down once you finish gathering." She began humming to herself happily after she had finished the apple, throwing the core into the bushes next to the trail they were on. She leaned on her elbows on top of his head, using him as a kind of table for herself. "Hurry up and find your last material. I'm getting bored," she whined. "I want to go to that old man and get the crafting done so that I can eat and maybe take a nap and then complete more quests." 

A yawn left her mouth. "Though, speaking of naps..." She thought for a moment and just rested her head on her arms that were folded atop his head. Luckily she was very flexible, or she would not have been able to pull this off. After a few moments, she was fast asleep. 

@Yukiro

Spoiler

ID# 128199 | LD: 2

"I'll get down once you finish gathering." Violet said, humming happily, to Yukiro's slight horror. She put on her elbows on top of his head, using him as a kind of table for herself. "Hurry up and find your last material. I'm getting bored. I want to go to that old man and get the crafting done so that I can eat and maybe take a nap and then complete more quests." 
"You know, I could probably search better if I didn't have you hitching a free ride," he pointed out pointlessly.
"Though, speaking of naps..." Violet yawned. The next thing Yukiro knew he felt her head lay down on her arms. On his head. 
Yukiro wanted to turn to look at her, but her resting on his head prevented that. "Hey. You're not seriously..?"
No, she was. She definitely just fell asleep.
How!? How is this possible? I know I've slept in some weird places, but this shouldn't even be possible!
Despite his internal struggle he was polite enough to let her sleep. To his detriment. He ended up passing by a number of flowers to avoid bending over, instead trying to find some kind of mushroom growing higher up on a tree.
He did not find some kind of mushroom growing higher up on a tree.

@Violet Smith

Edited by Yukiro

Violet continued to nap, at first peacefully, but then her normal nightmares started to kick in. "No...no!" she mumbled in her sleep, tossing and turning as much as she could while still staying on his shoulders. In her mind, she was back at the orphanage. She was 5 years old and trapped in the corner. The other kids were starting to bully her. They were kicking her while she was down. She tried the best that she could to guard her head, but they just kept aiming for her body, fracturing a few of her ribs. 

Suddenly, from behind them came an older kid, around 10 years old. "Scram!" they said as they knelt down next to young Violet, her face bloodied and bruised. "You'll need to learn to stand up for yourself..." they said before disappearing into a thick black mist that enveloped her dream. 

From the mist came a scene. The kid that had helped her was now an adult, around 22 or 23. They were being shot and stabbed, blood oozing out of their mouth as their lips silently formed the words "Run". 

Violet woke up in a panic, falling off of Yukiro's shoulders and hitting the ground. "Oof!" She moaned and rolled over onto her stomach, her face on the trail. "Ugh." She lay there for a few moments before getting up slowly. "Found anything yet?" she asked. 

@Yukiro

Spoiler

ID# 128221 | LD: 13

Yukiro scanned around for anything to pick up. Anything would do at this point. He would make rocks into a potion if he had to. 
Violet began to shift around on his shoulders. Was she waking up? No, she was just moving around in her sleep. Not that she'd have gotten down if she had woken up.
"No...no!" 
Well. That was new. Her shifting became more intense. She was moving enough that Yukiro wasn't sure for a little while if she was awake and messing with him.
Probably not. Her voice sounded panicked at best. 
All of the sudden she shot upright, causing her to fall back, shoulders hitting the ground. 
"Oof!" 
She moaned. Yukiro whipped around to find her laying on her stomach, her face planted to the trail. She laid there for a few moments before getting up slowly. "Found anything yet?" 
"Are you okay? That was a nasty fall. And an even worse dream."
He noticed a small flower beside Violet. He picked it and continued.
"... Do you want to tell me what you saw? In your dream?" He did his best keep his voice gentle, but unwavering. He wasn't sure how she might react.

@Violet Smith

Edited by Yukiro

"Are you okay? That was a nasty fall. And an even worse dream."

"Yep, I'm perfectly fine," she said while trying to stretch out her back. "Ow. I wish they had ice packs in this game or something." She rubbed her back and made a grimace. "Stupid dream. And no, I will not tell you about it." Her voice was empty and monotone at the end. For once, she wasn't making eye contact. To change the subject, she said, "Well, looks like you found the flower. Now we can head back to that old man."

She led the way silently until they reached the shop of Zachariah. "Hey! Old man!" she called. The old alchemist turned around and said, "Oh, hello new player! I see you've found all the materials. Now let me show you how to make a potion."

"Yeah, yeah," Violet muttered as she walked stiffly over to the table, her back still hurting. 

After a quick tutorial of how to make a healing potion, Zachariah let Violet try. In just one attempt, she had successfully made the potion. 

"My! You have great talent for this thing," Zachariah exclaimed. "A perfect on your first try. You would make a great alchemist." 

Violet couldn't help but smile at her luck. "Thanks, old man. I guess today wasn't completely useless." She sounded happier as well. 

Stepping back from the counter, Violet motioned that it was Yukiro's turn. "You're up." 

@Yukiro

Spoiler

crafting Healing Potion
Roll ID#: 128222
CD: 10

Perfect Healing Potion Created! Good job.

Quest Rewards: 
- 5 Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP)
- 1 Tier One Damage Potion. (+1 Damage)
-1 Tier One Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP)
3 Total SP

Edited by Violet Smith
Spoiler

ID# 128225 | CD: 3
Fail

"And no, I will not tell you about it." Violet stated clearly. 
You didn't make eye contact. What happened?
That's what Yukiro wanted to ask. But he refrained. He would ask again when he thought she was more able to handle that question.
"Well, looks like you found the flower. Now we can head back to that old man."

Yukiro followed Violet back to Zachariah's workshop. After several rough comments from Violet and a tutorial from the NPC she managed to create a potion on her first try. 
Yukiro quietly clapped for her as the NPC praised her work.
"Thanks, old man. I guess today wasn't completely useless." Violet was smiling, and she sounded happy. Yukiro suppressed a smile himself. 
Stepping up to the workstation, Yukiro summoned his materials. He'd done this many times at this point; he seemed to be accompanying more and more beginners as time went on.
And all the repetition was getting boring. 
It was about time to shake things up a bit. 
Yukiro completely ignored Zachariah's advice and threw everything together in a random way, just to see what would happen. As a finish, the plugged the vial's opening with his finger and shook the bottle. 
Pointing the vial away from Violet and Zachariah he unplugged the hole. A small blast of smoke came out of the vial before it shattered completely. A black mark was left on the shop's wall. 
Yukiro smirked for only a second. The NPC told him what he did wrong (which was everything) and gave him some extra materials.

@Violet Smith

Edited by Yukiro

Violet watched as Yukiro mixed random ingredients and shook the bottle. He was doing very obviously what you were not supposed to do. I have a bad feeling about this. She quickly hid behind a display in the middle of the old man's shop. She heard a pop and ducked. When she arose, she saw a black mark on the wall. "What the [censored] did you do?!" she yelled in half disbelief half annoyance. "Come onnnnn. I wanna eat," she groaned, leaning against the display. 

She brought out her dagger once more and began to toss it around while waiting for Yukiro to finish up. "Oh. And don't do that again." Her stomach began to growl. "See? You're making her hungry. And I may just decide to eat you if you don't hurry up." Her voice was filling with hunger-fueled annoyance at this point. She looked around the shop, but there was nothing to eat in here. 

@Yukiro

Spoiler

ID# 128234 | CD: 9
Successfully made potion

Ah, the pain of hunger. Yukiro knew it all to well. And, if he was being honest, he was pretty hungry himself. But he shouldn't show it. Hunger was gluttony, and he had been disciplined since he was a child to resist such temptations. 
But he was about ready for a good burrito. Yeah, he should finish up.
"See? You're making her hungry. And I may just decide to eat you if you don't hurry up." Violet said, clearly annoyed. Yukiro nearly laughed at the thought of her trying. 
"Sorry. But you have to admit that it was cool."
This time, as he turned back to the work station, his attitude changed. His hands flew in a well-practiced manner, albeit a little rushed error. He finished almost as soon as he began, a potion already created. Zachariah didn't bother praising him, they had seen each other enough to stop caring about the small talk. Instead he turned to Violet, taking out a package. 
"If you would be so kind, I need this package delivered to a local blacksmith. His name is Lyle Tealeaf. Can you do this for me?"
Yukiro walked over to Violet. "Take the thing. You'll need it. And on the way I can show you a good place to eat. If you're not sure about eating me."

@Violet Smith

Edited by Yukiro

Violet let out a large sigh and walked over to the old man. "Give it," she said, holding out her hand. Zachariah placed it in her hand and said goodbye. "Yeah, yeah. I'll see you when I see you," she said as she headed out the door. 

If you're not sure about eating me."

She took a moment to look him up and down, her hand held under her chin in concentration. "Yeah, you're probably right. You're a bit too tall for my liking. Would probably taste like giraffe or something." She laughed and headed outside. "Come on and show me that place. It better be good though or l may change my mind." She flashed a grin at him. 

She then turned her attention to the item in her hands. Hm, I wonder if I can open thisshe thought, turning it around in her hands. Meh, I'll probably fail the quest or something if I try to open it. She decided to wait on opening it. 

@Yukiro

Violet eyed him, appearing to be thinking hard. "Yeah, you're probably right. You're a bit too tall for my liking. Would probably taste like giraffe or something." 
"Wha-- Hey! What!? I bet I taste great!"

What was he saying? Stop it Yukiro.
She just laughed and walked out the door. "Come on and show me that place. It better be good though or l may change my mind," she said, flashing him a grin. 
Wha--! She's messing with, me, calm down! Don't go for the bait!
He chased after her, trying to think of a comeback, or at least something to say. 
He came up with nothing. 
But he did notice that she was eyeing the package. "I wouldn't. You'll probably fail the quest." Not that he actually knew. 
As they walked he struggled to keep the lead, guiding her to his favorite cafe. It was always empty. 

"Wait, how much of that was a joke?"

Edited by Yukiro