[F01 >> F04 - PP] A Canine Companion, Take 2 <<Feeding Your Enemy>>

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 180/180 // EN: 18/18 // DMG: 5 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 0 // BURN: 12 // BLIGHT: 12 // FALLEN: 2 // REGEN: 5 // LD: 3
ID: 130286
LD: 12 (9 +3) >>No Materials Found<<

"It was nice when I wasn't being moved every year, but, I kind of miss that traveling thing. I don't know, I might head somewhere else when this game is beaten. Just need a good idea on where to go really."
'You could always come visit me,' Koga thought, but didn't say. It seemed a little too...weird? On the nose? Something. Either way, it didn't really seem like an appropriate response right then. Maybe further down the line.

Koga felt Noct's arms wrap around him in a hug, and her lips against his cheek as she planted a kiss on his cheek. "Hey, don't fret. We will get you a furry friend. That one just wasn't the right one for you. I bet we can find you a better one." The man inhaled deeply before letting go of the breath and nodded forlornly, "Yeah...thanks, Noct," was all he said before turning his head to give the woman a brief kiss on the lips and then standing up, "Alright, round two thousand something I guess."

@Noctua

Edited by Koga
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

Noctua: HP: 180 // EN: 18 // DMG: 3 // EVA: 1 // MIT: 18 // ACC: 1 // BURN: 12 // BLIGHT: 12 // REGEN: 1 // RECOVERY: 1

He didn't say anything after that, and she might have felt just a tiny but disappointed. But then, there was still time for her to figure out all that stuff anyways right? It wasn't like the Frontlines Assault Team was very high in the floor numbers right now. Oh, that was just a depressing thought on it's own. But it also gave her a bit of an idea. It might even work, hopefully. Even with her hugging him though, she could feel him inhale and she tried not to frown. He needed the comfort and support, not her feeling bad. Nope, that wasn't going to work at all. She was about to say something when he briefly kissed her. Okay, that made her frown a little bit, this was getting to him and bad it seemed. So yeah, perhaps her idea was going to be the best course of action.

"Alright, round two thousand something I guess." She shook her head just then. "How about, first, we go up a few floors? That might hold better luck for us?" And then, if anything, he would be able to beat up some random creature along the way.

@Koga

Edited by Noctua
Spoiler

Koga: HP: 180/180 // EN: 18/18 // DMG: 5 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 0 // BURN: 12 // BLIGHT: 12 // FALLEN: 2 // REGEN: 5 // LD: 3
ID: 130288
LD: 17 (14 +3) >>Material Found<<

Obtained This Thread
+1 T1 Material

"How about, first, we go up a few floors? That might hold better luck for us?" Noctua suggested. Koga perked up a little. He hadn't thought of that actually. "That sounds like a good idea...and at least if we can't find anything we can just kill things for loot. That's always a good time," the man said. With a new plan, the pair headed back towards the Town of Beginnings and towards the teleporter to the other floors. Along the way, Koga even found a material. Things seemed to be looking up, ever so slightly.

Once the pair got back to town, Koga looked over to Noct. "Need to go home and grab any gear really quick, or are you good to go?" he asked. The man was a little concerned about not having his usual Accuracy enhancements or his recovery, but on the other hand, he was still superbly happy with the fact he still had the Golden Rabbit Foot to give him a hand in other ways.

@Noctua

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

Noctua: HP: 180 // EN: 18 // DMG: 3 // EVA: 1 // MIT: 18 // ACC: 1 // BURN: 12 // BLIGHT: 12 // REGEN: 1 // RECOVERY: 1

"That sounds like a good idea...and at least if we can't find anything we can just kill things for loot. That's always a good time." Good, he liked the idea. That was a blessing in a way. She wasn't worried that he wasn't going to like it, she was just more worried that he was still going to want to stay down and feel defeated. That wasn't how she wanted him to feel after all. "I had a feeling you would like this idea." She laughed lightly as they started to head back. At least he didn't seem to look as defeated anymore, and hey, he even found himself a material to take along the way. So that was a good thing too.

It didn't take them long to reach the town, she hadn't realized that they were even that close, she really needed to start paying attention to that sort of thing. "Need to go home and grab any gear really quick, or are you good to go?" She shook her head with a tiny smile. "Nope, I have Grace Repose equipped and I, um, tend to bring Faithful Night just in case. Because, you know, curse and stuff." She kind of trailed off with her words then as she smiled a shy smile then. She just hoped that his accuracy and things were going to still be good for him with him using the Golden Rabbit Foot.

@Koga

Spoiler

"Nope," Noctua answered, "I have Grace Repose equipped and I, um, tend to bring Faithful Night just in case. Because, you know, curse and stuff..." she trailed off, smiling shyly. Right...that weapon has Cursed and was cursed...Noct really won the lotto with that one. With any luck though, she could turn it around. It really was a good weapon when she could land hits with it.
"Alright then, let's head out." Koga said as he stepped up to the platform. "Teleport, Snowfrost!" A column of blue light surrounded the man and before he knew it, he was in the snow covered lands of Floor Four. This was gonna be fun.

<<Teleported to Floor Four>>

Koga stood off to the side of the teleporter as he waited for Noct. She'd be through any moment of course. The man was just itching to get out there. For a number of reasons. For one, it had been way too long since he'd actually fought against anything that was remotely a challenge. Second...he just wanted his damn Familiar! Was that too much to ask?

@Noctua

Spoiler

He hadn't said anything on the whole weapon thing. She was sure that he remembered all of the horrible luck that she has had with it after all. She nodded though as she mentioned that they should head out. Time to leave the familiar floor that she has come to know. Snowfrost? She couldn't remember which floor that was, but she was trusting him to not attempt to accidentally get them killed. Not that he would do that anyways, she knew that he was smarter than that. Once he was gone though, she stepped up to the platform and she sighed lightly, "Teleport, Snowfrost!" And then she was gone in a blue light as well.

<<Teleported to Floor Four>>

The first thing that hit her was the sudden chill. Yeah, she had a feeling this is what she was going to walk into when she heard the town name. Makes sense though, wolves would definitely be on this floor. She walked over to Koga then and she just looked around for a moment. The snow was at least pretty. She looked back to Koga and nodded lightly. "Okay hun, I'm following you." She smiled as she gently took on of his hands for a moment and kissed it lightly. "Are you ready to find your furry friend?"

@Koga

Spoiler

The teleporter flashed blue again, and then there Noct was. A sudden frigid chill blew through, causing them both to shiver ever so slightly. At least Koga was wearing a coat. "Okay hun, I'm following you," the woman said with a smile before taking his hand and kissing it gently. Koga couldn't help but smile a bit. "Are you ready to find your furry friend?"
Koga nodded, taking her hand in his, "Yeah, let's get going, hun."

The two started walking out from town, and it wasn't long before they were out of the safezone and ankle deep in snow. The their shoes crunched beneath their shoes as they trekked into the tundra. "This...is nothing like home..." Koga said through the slowly increasing frigid chill. No, not like home at all. Home hand its own slew of problems. But those he was used to at least. Snow? Cold? Nope, that was not something that Koga was used to at all.

@Noctua

Spoiler

She noticed the smile when she had kissed his hand. Good, that sight made her smile again, and this time with a bit of relief behind it. She wrapped her fingers around his hand when he took her own. One funny thing about her traveling all the time, the cold wasn't too horrible. There was a reason she had clothes on that worked for both hot and cold, the woman was prepared for anything and everything most of the time. But the chill from the wind wasn't something that she enjoyed.

Snow up to her ankles, yay. "This...is nothing like home..." She looked at Koga and chuckled lightly. "I take it you don't get snow?" She slowly made it so that she was a little closer to him, body warmth, it was amazing during the times of snow like this. Besides, it got her closer to him, so two birds one stone? She thought so and she enjoyed it a bit, okay maybe more than a bit. But who was really judging hm?

@Koga

Spoiler

ID: 130319
LD: 15 (12 +3) >>Potential Familiar Found<<

Noctua chuckled at the man when he'd spoken. "I take it you don't get snow?" she said, clearly enjoying his suffering. The woman moved closer to him, and he wrapped his arms around her, pulling her in tighter.
"Nope...not really," he said, rubbing her shoulders, moreso to warm his own frigid hands than her. She didn't seem too bothered by the cold at least.

Koga almost missed it. A shape hiding in thr curtain of snow. Was that? Yes, yes it was. A Wolf. The creature was just out there, staring at the pair. Koga reluctantly let go of his woman, but even still he was excited by the prospect of taming the creature. He couldn't quite make out any of the Wolf's features. It looked like little more than a silhouette against the snow. The man took a couple of tentative steps forward. The Wolf didn't move...that was a good sign, right? Well, it was still there so Koga was inclined to say 'yes.'

@Noctua

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

She had gone from walking next to him, to him pulling her closer to wrap his arms around her. She couldn't help but lean into him for a moment. He might be cold but she still loved to be close to him. He soon started to rub her shoulders and started to wonder what she had done to get this new found treatment. "Mm, you know a girl could get used to this in the cold." Wait hold on for three seconds. Where in the world had that come from? That wasnt entirely Noct, was it?

She soon forgot about that though as she noticed a figure. It was roughly the size of a Wolf! She smiled, and frowned, when Koga let her go to walk over to the wolf. Here she was standing in the snow as she watched her freezing boyfriend go to tame a wolf. Yeah, she was happy. The wolf didnt rin from Koga, so, so far so good. Silently she stood in her spot, arms crossed and now suddenly kind of cold, wishing him luck. Why was she cold, well he moved of course. But he would be back, hopefully with a furry friend, so that they could leave this floor and go warm up.

@Koga

Edited by Noctua
Spoiler

ID: 130326
CD: 10 >>Success<<

Obtained This Thread
+1 T1 Material
+1 Familiar

"Mm, you know a girl could get used to this in the cold."
Koga looked down at his girlfriend for a moment, an eyebrow raised. That was unlike her. But he wasn't going to complain.

The Wolf didn't move as the Koga approached him. As the man approached, he could make out the creature more clearly. What struck him first were the piercing blue eyes. They seemed to peer straight through Koga. Koga had to pause for moment, to make sure he wasn't imagining things. But no, this Wolf was indeed looking him in the eyes. Now with a ravenous hunger, but rather a calm understanding.

Koga started walking forward again, more tentatively this time. A snow white coat blended in almost perfectly with the landscape. The man was standing no more than a few feet away now, and the Wolf still hadn't moved. Figuring now was a good time, the man summoned the Familiar Food from his inventory, and held it in his palm, offering it to the Wolf. For a moment nothing, and Koga feared that this one was going to walk away too. And walk it did, but not away. The Wolf padded up slowly to the man and sniffed the meet. Finding it satisfactory, the Wolf ate the Familiar Food, and Koga could feel its warm breath on his hand. "Hey boy," Koga said quietly, reaching out slowly now to pet the Wolf. The creature nuzzled itself into his palm before Koga had even touched it.

A few minutes since Koga had initially walked away from Noctua, she'd see a pair of silhouettes walking back towards her. One of a man, another, that of a Wolf.

@Noctua

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

This stupid snow fall was making it hard for her to see anything. It worried her honestly. She really hoped that nothing bad was going to happen to him. The time seemed to go by extremely slow, making her already anxious skef just that much more anxious. How long did it take to tame something? How would she know if he was hurt? Oh right, the party health bars. Right, calm down Noct. Koga is a big boy he is able to care for himself, even if he doesnt get snow that often. Oh god, he doesnt get snow that often. What if he gets lost? More and more bad scenarios went through her head the longer he seemed to be gone. But soon enough he was coming back, at least, she thought it was him. He wasnt alone either. She hot prepared to attack something, but stopped herself. It was Koga, and he had a familiar now. She smiled, "Well will you look at that." She wanted to go and hug him, but there was one tiny problem, would the wolf let her?

@Koga

Edited by Noctua
Spoiler

ID: 130329
LD: 12 (9 +3) >>No Material Found<<

Obtained This Thread
+1 T1 Material
+1 Familiar

As Koga and his new found friend came into view, he could hear Noctua smile, "Well will you look at that."
"Look indeed," Koga said, smiling himself, walking right up to Noctua, and pulling her tightly against him, giving her a deep kiss on the lips. He was happy. Could you guess?

When the pair finally broke their kiss, Koga had a wide grin on his face. "C'mon, let's head back to town and get out of this cold," the man said, taking Noctua's hand in his and starting to walk back towards Snowfrost. "So...what should I name him?" he asked as they trudged through the snow once more, the white Wolf padding alongside Koga, apparently not caring that Noctua was as close to Koga as she was. "Renley doesn't exactly seem like a good name for a Wolf as pretty as him." Honestly, Koga was leaning towards something like 'Snow' or 'Blizzard' at this point, but if that wasn't too on the nose, he had no clue what was.

@Noctua

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

He was smiling, so that was a good sign, means she shouldn't have to worry about the wolf hurting her, hopefully. Hey, she wasn't scared of wolves, more just worried about the ones that don't trust her. Of course though, her thoughts were stopped really fast. He had pulled her against him and kissed her, it took mere moments for the shock of herself being pulled to him to wear off before she kissed him back. Yes, he was very happy to have finally found the wolf.

Two things; one, that kiss was amazing and two, she didn't want it to end. But even when it did, she was smiling and noticed that he was grinning in return. "C'mon, let's head back to town and get out of this cold." Oh hey, that's right, it was still snowing. She had gotten lost in the kiss and might have forgotten all about the falling snow, just the little reminder made her actually shiver from the unexpected return of the cold. She gripped his hand though and she smiled still. "Warmth sounds like a good idea. Get home, warm up, and start plotting out a bed for your new friend."

She was certain that she could find a way to get a bed made for the wolf, of course, she wasn't going to be able to make it. Nothing she worked with was going to be comfortable for the wolf after all. "So...what should I name him?" She looked from Koga then to the wolf. She thought for a moment. Koga had a thing for Japanese names, so she started to sift through the Japanese things that she had in her mind. That was when it hit her as she looked at the wolf and the weather around them.

"Well, how about Okami? It means wolf in Japanese but it's also the name of the Japanese Deity of Snow. I don't know about you, but it feels fitting to me." As she walked, she noticed the the wolf wasn't minding her being so close to Koga, so that helped her relax a little bit. At least, she didn't have to worry about having a wolf keeping her from Koga.

@Koga

Spoiler

ID: 130377
CD: 5 (2 +3) >>No Materials Found<<

Obtained This Thread
+1 T1 Material
+1 Familiar

For a moment, Noctua seemed a little lost in their kiss, but the cold seemed to strike and she shivered in his arms. She said, "Warmth sounds like a good idea. Get home, warm up, and start plotting out a bed for your new friend."
"And warm food. God, a good bowl of soup sounds so good right now." Koga was in a perpetual state of hungry. The man could eat like a tank somehow never seemed to gain weight. Maybe that was just a side effect of this world, but it still held true in the real world too.

After Koga had asked for ideas to name the Wolf, Noctua came up with an idea, "Well, how about Okami? It means wolf in Japanese but it's also the name of the Japanese Deity of Snow. I don't know about you, but it feels fitting to me." A smile tugged at the corners of Koga lips, "Okami. Wolf and God of Snow. I like it. You truly are brilliant, Noct," the man said, giving the woman's hand a small squeeze of tanks.

It wasn't much longer before they made it back to Snowfrost, and the man gestured for Noct to enter the teleporter first. "After you my dear."

@Noctua

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

"And warm food. God, a good bowl of soup sounds so good right now." She looked at him and laughed a little. "When are you not hungry hun?" It was a gentle tease, mainly because she knew that he wasn't going to get mad at it. At least, she hoped. Either way, she still smiled as they walked back to the town. Snow, the one thing she didn't hate but didn't love. It was more just annoying.

"Okami. Wolf and God of Snow. I like it. You truly are brilliant, Noct." She saw the smile and she chuckled. "I don't know about brilliant, but I am glad to be able to help." She squeezed his hand gently in return and noticed only then how cold her hands were actually starting to get. Yeah, she had a love-hate relationship with snow, and right now, it was on the hate part of the scale.

They were soon back in Snowfrost and in front of the teleporter. "After you my dear." She reluctantly let go of his hand and stepped up, "Teleport, Starting City!"

<<Teleported to Floor One>>

A column of blue took her away and soon she was being welcomed by the warmth as she stepped off the teleporter and off to the side. Giving Koga and his new furry friend plenty of room for when they were to arrive. As for her, well, she was blowing warm air into her hands and rubbing them together, trying to defrost them as best as she could.

@Koga

Spoiler

Obtained This Thread
+1 T1 Material
+1 Familiar

"When are you not hungry hun?" Noctua teased, causing Koga to chuckle.
"For about twenty minutes immediately after I've eaten. After that, I'm hungry again," the man said with a joke, earning a huff from Okami. Good to know Koga's new friend had a sense of humor...or maybe he just thought he was an idiot. Who knew.

Noctua stepped onto the teleporter and disappeared in a column of light which meant that Koga and Okami were up next. "Alright, you ready to go bud?" the man asked the Wolf, who simply stared back up at him. "I'll take that as a yes." The two stepped onto the teleporter, and within moments, the blue column of light enveloped them and they found themselves in the Town of Beginnings again.

<<Teleported to Floor One>>

The warm air hit the man immediately and he let out a sigh of relief. No more snow! The man spotted Noct standing off to the side and he approached, "Finally out of the snow. Thank god. So, we just have to return the rest of the food to the Gypsy I guess. Wonder where she went..."

@Noctua

Spoiler

"For about twenty minutes immediately after I've eaten. After that, I'm hungry again." She had nothing to say to that except for a shake of her head at this point. She knew it to be true, and she didn't mind it at all at least. As she waited though, her fingers started to slowly warm up, which was a nice feeling again. In fact, there was feeling again. Yay! She saw another blue light and soon enough there was Koga and, she was guessing, Okami. At least the wolf seemed to be happy with following him. He walked over to her and she instantly rubbed her hands once more to make sure that they were warm before smiling.

"Finally out of the snow. Thank god. So, we just have to return the rest of the food to the Gypsy I guess. Wonder where she went..." She looked around the town and thought for a moment. "We might just need to walk until we run into her again? She shouldn't have really gotten too far." That was a hopeful thought there Noctua, how many more of those do you have left in your system?

@Koga

Spoiler

Obtained This Thread
+1 T1 Material
+1 Familiar

Noctua's head swiveled about for a moment as she looked for the Gypsy, who was nowhere to be seen. "We might just need to walk until we run into her again? She shouldn't have really gotten too far." No sooner had the woman spoke did Koga hear a voice behind him loudly speak, almost a shout, "I see you found yourself a Familiar!"
"Ahhh!" Koga jumped into the air as he spun around to face the mysterious voice. It was the Gypsy. "Christ woman! You can't sneak up on people like that!" Okami simply huffed at Koga, this time he was definitely laughing at him...and he definitely thought that Koga was an idiot...At least that saved them the trouble of hunting the Gypsy down. "Congratulations!" the gypsy said, "now give me back the rest of that food you greedy idiot..." Koga blinked in surprise at the sudden change of attitude before handing over the remaining food to the woman. The lady walked away, whistling to herself as Koga turned back around to Noctua, "Sweet baby Jesus, what is with that woman?"

@Noctua

Spoiler

"I see you found yourself a Familiar!" Noctua was already jumpy, but this gypsy coming out of no where made her jump a foot in the air before her hand went to her chest. It would have gone to her rapier, but there was no chance of an attack in the safe zone at least. Though, she wondered if that counted for NPCs at the moment. She noticed that Koga got freaked from it as well, and well, Okami seemed to do a little dog laugh at Koga and she shook her head. This wolf was going to be fund to be around, she could tell. No, that wasn't sarcasm, she meant it.

But the sudden change in the gypsy made her blink for a moment before she took off with the remaining familiar feed. "Sweet baby Jesus, what is with that woman?" Noctua would have poked fun at Koga's words, but she couldn't at the moment. Instead, she just stared at the gypsy as she walked away. "I don't know, but she gives me the creeps..." That might just be because the NPCs just scared the life out of her just now. She turned to look at Koga though and she sighed lightly, happy to be in the warmth. "So, how does Ramen sound?"

@Koga