[F01 >> F04 - PP] A Canine Companion, Take 2 <<Feeding Your Enemy>>

Spoiler

Koga

Level 9

HP: 180/180

Energy: 18/18

DMG: 5 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 0 // BURN: 12 // BLIGHT: 12 // FALLEN: 2 // REGEN: 5

Skills

>> [Rank 1] Curved Sword

>> [Rank 2] Katana

Equipment

>> Tier One Perfect Katana <<Jack's Kuiaratame>> [Burn // Blight // Cursed // Fallen]

>> Tier One Perfect Light Armor <<Shaded Coat>> [Evasion // Evasion // Regeneration]

Battle Ready Inventory

>> [50 HP] Healing Potions (2)

>> [40 HP] Healing Potion (5)

>> Spider Ciders [90 HP Restoration] (2)

>> Popcorn [+ 20 MIT] (1)

>> Spyglass 3/3 (1)

Alright, take two for finding Koga a familiar...and scene!

Koga went to seek out the Gypsy for a second time. As far as he could tell, he just had to be in a safezone and then...wait. Eventually she'd show up. And appear she did, in all he exotic extravagance. She did the whole spiel again. Travelling down a road, attacked by a hawk, but the hawk just wanted the food. It was times like this Koga really wished that there was a skip button for him to hit. After having suffered through the talk a second time (it had really lost its luster after the first go), Koga accepted the quest and took the Familiar Food that the Gypsy offered. And off he went. 

Some time later, Koga was waiting for Noctua at their usual meeting place, at the entrance tot he Town of Beginnings. She'd mentioned something to him about not bringing his trinket for...some reason or another. She hadn't actually told him. But, he'd done as the woman asked left the Tearful Strands at home for now...well more specifically his storage...it wasn't like they were gonna go anywhere while in there.

Since their last attempt, Koga had tried to figure out what might help him find and tame a familiar. He'd actually had some success in that department too. In his inventory, Koga had a Spyglass. From what he understood, it increased his chances of finding a tamable creature...now whether or not he could actually tame it was an entirely different story altogether. All that Koga could really do in that respect was pray that Lady Luck was on his side for once. Which was unlikely, but hey, you never knew.

@Noctua

Edited by Koga
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

Level: 9
HP: 180
Energy: 18
DMG: 3 // EVA: 1 // MIT: 18 // ACC: 1 // BURN: 12 // BLIGHT: 12 // REGEN: 1 // RECOVERY: 1

Skills:
» First Aid - Rank 1
» Rapier - Rank 2

Equipment:
» Jack's Graceful Repose [Demonic Rapier [Burn // Blight // Cursed  // Burn]]
» Owl's Wings [Perfect Trinket [Accuracy // Recovery // Evasion]]
» Virtuous Ascendance [Perfect Light Armor [Mitigation // Mitigation // Regen]]

Battle Ready Inventory:
» Faithful Night [Perfect Rapier [Accuracy // Accuracy // Damage]]
» Starter Healing Potions (3)

» Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP) (5)
» Tier One Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP) (1)
» Golden Rabbit's Foot [Perfect Trinket [Loot Die // Loot Die // Loot Die]]

Well, it was time to try this again. She left the shop and headed to her and Koga's normal meeting place. It was time to attempt, again, to get Koga his familiar. She agreed to not get her's until they got his own after all. She smiled when she saw him standing there and she grabbed the little box that she had in her inventory. No name on the box this time, she was certain that he was going to figure out why she had told him to not equip his other trinket. Well, he was about to see why. As she reached him, the first thing that she did was kiss him on the cheek. Honestly, she hadn't even thought on it, she just wanted to do that. No blush no nothing, just went as if it was a normal thing. "Hey there. So, before we go, I managed to make this for you." She held the box out to him.

Once he would open it, a gold rabbits foot would be sitting in the box. Yes, she made a rabbits foot trinket that had three loot die enhancements. Why not. It was going to help him, right? "Yes there is a reason it's a rabbits foot. It has three loot die enhancements in it. I figure that might help you a little bit with this," she smiled lightly as she waited to see what he thought on the new gift.

@Koga

Gifting:

Spoiler

Name: Golden Rabbit's Foot
Your Profession: Artisan
Your Rank: 4
Item Type: Trinket
Tier: 1
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: Loot Die // Loot Die // Loot Die
Description: This is a golden rabbit's foot. It is supposed to be extremely lucky when trying to find things when out and about.

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 180/180 // EN: 18/18 // DMG: 5 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 0 // BURN: 12 // BLIGHT: 12 // FALLEN: 2 // REGEN: 5 // LD: 3
[Equipped <<Golden Rabbit's Foot>> <<+3 LD>>] [Used <<Spyglass>>, 2/3 Charges left, -5 Posts to search for a potential Familiar]

Obtained This Thread
+1 Golden Rabbit's Foot [Loot Die // Loot Die // Loot Die]

Koga smiled when he saw Noctua in the not too far away distance. That being said he was pleasantly surprised when the woman gave him a rather out of character kiss on the cheek. Pleasantly surprised. "Who are you, and what have you done with Noct?" the man said in a joking tone.

"Hey there. So, before we go, I managed to make this for you," Noctua said in a joking tone before procuring a box and presenting it to the man. Koga took the box with a curious look on his face, "Another gift? You spoil me." The man opened up the box and smiled as he saw what was in realizing what it was before Noctua had even explained it to him.

"Yes there is a reason it's a rabbits foot. It has three loot die enhancements in it. I figure that might help you a little bit with this," she said beaming with pride, even with her small smile. "You, my dear, really are the best. Thank you," Koga said, pulling his better half into his embrace and giving her a quick kiss on the cheek. Koga wasted no time in equipping the item before pulling out another of his own, "In addition to this lovely gift, I found something else that should help make this whole ordeal less arduous. Behold the Spyglass!" Koga brought forth the item and showed the telescope to Noctua, "I'm told it helps find potentially tamable mobs more often. Fingers crossed it works." Without hesitation, Koga used the item, and then they were off.

"Seems like your artisanal exploits have been going rather well," Koga said as they walked, sneaking his hand into her.

@Noctua

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

Noctua: HP: 180 // EN: 18 // DMG: 3 // EVA: 1 // MIT: 18 // ACC: 1 // BURN: 12 // BLIGHT: 12 // REGEN: 1 // RECOVERY: 1

"Who are you, and what have you done with Noct?" She knew that he was joking and it made her smile. "What? Am I not allowed to kiss you on the cheek? I mean, I won't if that's the case." Being around him so much might have her picking up a bit more of a joking side, that was probably better than the alternative at least. She could just slip away into not talking, that was how she was at first after all. Thankfully, she wasn't like that around him anymore.

"Another gift? You spoil me." There was a cheeky smile on her face as she watched him open the gift. Of course, it was the being pulled into a hug that she enjoyed out of it. She wrapped her arms around him to return the hug, just as he kissed her cheek. Okay, there was the blush that everyone has been so patiently waiting for. Reluctantly, she let go of the man as she watched him equip the new trinket and even pull out a spyglass. She looked at the telescope and nodded. "Here is hoping that things go our way today." She smiled as she walked beside him.

"Well, I got to be sure that we don't die some how. I mean, it's no tailor or blacksmith work, but it still seems to help to a point." If he had been trying to sneak his hand into her own, he failed, for the moment she felt it, she wrapped her fingers around his hand. This was something that she could get used to.

@Koga

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 180/180 // EN: 18/18 // DMG: 5 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 0 // BURN: 12 // BLIGHT: 12 // FALLEN: 2 // REGEN: 5 // LD: 3

"What? Am I not allowed to kiss you on the cheek? I mean, I won't if that's the case."
"Hey now, let's not be hasty," Koga replied, throwing his hands up in the air as if to say he gave up, despite the grin he had on his face. The swordsman couldn't help but notice the cute blush on the woman's cheek. There it was.

"Here is hoping that things go our way today."
"Fingers crossed," Koga said in agreement as they walked.

"Well, I got to be sure that we don't die some how. I mean, it's no tailor or blacksmith work, but it still seems to help to a point."
"I mean extra buffs are extra buffs." Koga said, "Trinkets are just another great way of getting some extras." And any buffs they had would help them stay alive...if used properly that was. Thankfully, they both seemed to be good at figuring out how to build up their stats, so Koga wasn't terrible worried about that.

@Noctua

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

Noctua: HP: 180 // EN: 18 // DMG: 3 // EVA: 1 // MIT: 18 // ACC: 1 // BURN: 12 // BLIGHT: 12 // REGEN: 1 // RECOVERY: 1

"Hey now, let's not be hasty." That was paired with him throwing his hands up in defeat and she laughed. She seemed to let out a small sigh of content, which was different than most of the other sighs that she has ever let out before. But no, this one was pure content. Alone with a handsome guy who she just happened to like and be currently dating, yeah, who wouldn't be content in that situation? His agreement to the mutual hoping that things were on their side this time today was met with a small nod. He was going to get his wolf darn it, even if it meant that she was going to have to go and drag one back.

"I mean extra buffs are extra buffs. Trinkets are just another great way of getting some extras." That was true enough. Though there was the wonder sometimes on if she was able to give the right buffs. Wait, of course she was, ever since her artisan quest, she has had better luck actually hitting things and not running out of energy. So yeah, she did have good buffs then. "Well, in that case, I am glad I can help more then." She smiled as her thumb started to rub his hand as she held it. "So, our goal still that wolf hun?" For those of you keeping count, yes, her knowing how to act in a relationship was starting to get better.

@Koga

Spoiler

Koga couldn't help but grin when Noct started laughing. She had a voice like a song and a laugh like a wind chime. He could listen to her voice all day.

"Well, in that case, I am glad I can help more then."
"Hun, the things you've made me have done more than help. Pretty sure they're the things that keep me on top when we're in combat. It's all thanks to you!" Koga planted another kiss on the woman's cheek. Honestly though, the Accuracy and Recovery buffs really gave Koga a huge edge in combat.

"So, our goal still that wolf, hun?"
"Yup, hopefully it doesn't take another thirty tries. Knock on wood." Koga rapped a couple times on the wooden saya that housed his weapon. "Curse my completionist attitude...I could do just as well without a familiar, I think," Koga rambled, "But, on the other hand...the potential buffs and chance at having a furry friend are also just way too good to pass up."

@Noctua

Spoiler

"Hun, the things you've made me have done more than help. Pretty sure they're the things that keep me on top when we're in combat. It's all thanks to you!" If he was trying to use flattery, it was working. Between the words and his new kiss on her cheek, she felt like her cheeks might have been on fire in that moment. "Good, because we both know that my luck while fighting is horrible." That much was true. She seemed to have the better luck while crafting, which was probably why her part of the shop had a lot of things on display for sale. But Koga, well, he was the better fighter, she was just trying to help him as best as she could while fighting and crafting, though the crafting obviously was working better.

She shook her head land laughed lightly. "Well, a furry friend will make it warmer when sleeping at night." Her idea of a familiar wasn't going to be like that, but she didn't mind. She had a tendency to just have extra blankets. She looked around for a moment before she thought of something. "So, any ideas on what you are going to name your wolf when you tame him, or her?"

@Koga

Spoiler

"Good, because we both know that my luck while fighting is horrible."
"That's why you got me," Koga teased. Koga was the better fighter between the two of them, but that was through no fault of Noct's. Chalk it up of more than a decade and a half of martial arts training. For her part, though, she was far better at crafting than he was, and she got far more customers than he did. Might as well say she was the moneymaker of the couple.

"So, any ideas on what you are going to name your wolf when you tame him, or her?" Koga thought for a little bit. Honestly he hadn't actually thought about it. At least, not till now. "Hmm, maybe Renley," the man finally said after a moment or two, "It's a good name for a boy or a girl, I think." That was about all Koga had...it was either that or Rogue...and who'd name their pet Rogue?

@Noctua

Spoiler

"That's why you got me." He liked to tease her didn't he. She laughed though, "Thank god for that. I don't know how I would have gotten this far." Truth on that one, though she might be able to just make a nice living while being a crafter and never having to step foot out of the tow...nope because she would still need materials. Eh, she had him to help her so that was all that mattered to her right now. Maybe one day she might be bold enough to go out on her own to do things, one day.

"Hmm, maybe Renley. It's a good name for a boy or a girl, I think." She smiled and nodded lightly. "That sounds like an excellent name." She was now just hoping that things were about to go his way and that he would tame the wolf that he wanted. She would hate for him to get discouraged because of them having to walk around so much, that would be a bad things really. She didn't want to see him discouraged, nope not at all. "So, after we get you your familiar, what do you want to do?" Idle conversation, she was slowly starting to get better at it, with Koga at least.

@Koga

Spoiler

ID: 130135
LD: 22 (19 +3) >>Success<<

Noctua laughed at Koga's gentle teasing. "Thank god for that. I don't know how I would have gotten this far," she said, to which Koga shook his head, "Naw, you would've figured it out eventually. You're a smart lady. Either that, or some other guy would've come along to help you, but I couldn't have let that happen." The man was full of jokes and jests. It was a wonder that Noctua didn't ever get annoyed of him.

"That sounds like an excellent name," Noctua said in response to his potential choice of name...although now, it didn't sound as good to Koga. Hmm, he'd have to think on it more. "So, after we get you your familiar, what do you want to do?" the woman asked. Koga shrugged, "That is a wonderful question. There are plenty of floors to visit. I guess we can do whatever we want, really."

No sooner had Koga finished speaking, did the sound of brush shifting catch his ear. The man looked towards the direction of the sound, his hand hovering over the hilt of his sword. A Wolf padded through the brush and walked right into the middle of the path in front of them. It hardly seemed to notice the pair. That was until it stopped and turned to look at them both.

@Noctua

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

"Naw, you would've figured it out eventually. You're a smart lady. Either that, or some other guy would've come along to help you, but I couldn't have let that happen." She looked at him and she shook her head lightly, "I don't know about that. I don't think any other guy would even come my way." Okay, Noct, you gotta give yourself a little credit. Nope, she doesn't. He didn't seem to feel so sure about the name anymore, so she looked at him. "You know, if you want help with names, I can help."

It was a offer that she was going to extend and keep out there if he wanted to take it. The talk of other floors though worried her slightly, but at the same time, she knew that she was going to have to leave the first floor soon anyways. "Well, let's talk more on it after we get you your wolf." She smiled lightly, but that was soon cut short when the shifting brush was heard. Her hand went to her rapier, but she didn't move it. Instead, she looked at the wolf and smiled softly. "Well, go on." She then whispered to Koga.

@Koga

Spoiler

ID: 130190
CD: 2 >>Fail<<

"I don't know about that. I don't think any other guy would even come my way," Noctua replied to the the man. Koga squinted at the woman, with a face that said 'what the hell are you talking about'. And that was exactly what Koga said, "What the hell are you talking about Noct? You're a beautiful and smart. And a gamer. You're essentially the dream girl of every single person in this game."

When Noct noticed Koga's uncertainty about the name he was thinking of for his familiar, she offered up some help, "You know, if you want help with names, I can help."
"You would? Well, I'd love to hear some ideas if you got any."

When the pair spotted the Wolf, Noctua leaned forward and whispered, "Well, go on." The man knelt down, making himself eye level with the Wolf. "Hey boy...girl...whatever you are?" Doing great Koga...doing great...

@Noctua

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

Noctua: HP: 180 // EN: 18 // DMG: 3 // EVA: 1 // MIT: 18 // ACC: 1 // BURN: 12 // BLIGHT: 12 // REGEN: 1 // RECOVERY: 1

"What the hell are you talking about Noct? You're a beautiful and smart. And a gamer. You're essentially the dream girl of every single person in this game." She just stared at him, honestly unsure of how to answer. Was that really the case? She wanted to believe him, but at the same time she couldn't believe him. She didnt know what was going on in her mind anymore. "I dont know about any of that, especially the gamer part, but I'll believe you." That was the least she could do, believe him and she was going to, no matter what her mind tried to tell her.

Now, the talk about naming the wolf when he found it was going to be an interesting one. Because it all depended on what language and what he wanted it to mean. "Well, before I give you ideas. You give me a theme and what language; English, French, or Japanese." The only perks about the family always traveling, learning new languages.

She smiled though as he knelt down to be level with the wolf. It hasnt run away yet, so that's a good sign at least. She did, however, take a step or two back to give Koga and the wolf some room.

@Koga

Spoiler

ID: 130246
CD: 3

"I dont know about any of that, especially the gamer part, but I'll believe you," Noctua said, clearly having her doubts. Koga just shook his head with a small grin and continued down the path they walked. One day she'd see herself like he, and probably everyone else did.

"Well, before I give you ideas. You give me a theme and what language; English, French, or Japanese." The man looked over to Noct and raised an eyebrow, the corner of mouth pulling his lips into a straight line. "Noct...when have I ever used French in anything I've done? Also how do you know just French and Japanese dog names?" There were several questions that needed answering here.

The Wolf just stared at Koga as he spoke. The man had a feeling that if the Wolf could talk it'd be saying how much of an idiot the guy was. Yeah...Koga was doing great.

@Noctua

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

Noctua: HP: 180 // EN: 18 // DMG: 3 // EVA: 1 // MIT: 18 // ACC: 1 // BURN: 12 // BLIGHT: 12 // REGEN: 1 // RECOVERY: 1

"Noct...when have I ever used French in anything I've done? Also how do you know just French and Japanese dog names?" She looked at him and shrugged lightly. She knew that he didn't use anything French, but she was just throwing out languages that she could actually speak. "Hey now, you'd never know." She smiled softly, "French, English, and Japanese are my main languages one could say. Family is born French, so that was learned that way, but English was learned through school because of America. But Japanese because of where I currently live."

Of course, she might have said a little bit too much, but hey, it wasn't like she was going to talk about that to anyone else. Besides, she trusted him, so that had to matter for something, right? But she silently watched the staring match between Koga and the Wolf and she just smiled lightly. She wondered when he was going to try offering the treats to the Wolf, because that might help, right?

@Koga

Spoiler

ID: 130275
CD: 5 >>Fail<<

"Hey now, you'd never know," Noctua said with a smile, "French, English, and Japanese are my main languages one could say. Family is born French, so that was learned that way, but English was learned through school because of America. But Japanese because of where I currently live."
"Oh, so you live in Japan now?" Koga asked, figuring if she was going to share the information, he may as well ask. At this point he felt they both knew each other well enough that it didn't matter too much if they asked now.

The Wolf didn't seem to care too much for Koga at the moment, so the man figured now was a good time to pull out the Familiar Food. A bright blue glow appeared for a moment as the item appeared in his hands. "Here buddy, I got something tasty for you. Wanna try a bite? Of the food...not me..."

@Noctua

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

"Oh, so you live in Japan now?" She nodded at the question, it was harmless and she started the conversation about it anyways. "Yeah, for about four, well I guess six years now." She didn't know if she should fire the question back at him, so she just stayed silent on that. She watched the two of them though. It seemed like the Wolf was being just about as stubborn as Koga could be, it was kind of adorable in a way. She just hoped that the Wolf would decide to join him. So silently, she was watching them and rooting. She couldn't help but shake her head though when she heard Koga offer the Wolf food. She doubted that the Wolf was going to take a bite out of Koga, or at least, she was hoping that it wouldn't. It would be a sad, sad day if she had to kill a wolf for biting her boyfriend.

@Koga

Spoiler

ID: 130281
CD: 3 >>Fail<<

"Yeah, for about four, well I guess six years now," Noctua informed Koga. Well, that was quite aways away from where Koga lived.
"Oh nice, do you like it out there? I've always wanted to visit, haven't had the chance." Koga was a little bit of a Japanophile...especially when it came to the food. God, did he love the food.

Koga dangled the meat in front of the Wolf's face and waited with bated breath, hoping the beast would bite. But the Wolf had no interest in the meat that Koga dangled in front of its face. It didn't even bother to sniff the meat as it turned around and padded away from the man, off to do whatever it was that Wolves did.

Koga's head fell forward as he let out a dejected sigh. Another bust...the man was getting close to giving up on getting a Familiar for good this time. Who needed a fluffy friend anyways?

@Noctua

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

"Oh nice, do you like it out there? I've always wanted to visit, haven't had the chance." She thought for a moment before shrugging. "It was nice when I wasn't being moved every year, but, I kind of miss that traveling thing. I don't know, I might head somewhere else when this game is beaten. Just need a good idea on where to go really." Well, that was the truth. She seemed to have actually liked the life of traveling. Maybe it was now because she didn't have to worry about a new school each year. Or, maybe it was more just to be able to go someplace that felt more like a home that when she currently had? Yeah, that second one sounded like a true winner right there.

She happiness of seeing the Wolf with Koga soon diminished when it just walked away from the man. She heard his sigh and didn't even need to think on the thing that she did next. Walking up to Koga, she gently wrapped her arms around him and kissed his cheek. "Hey, don't fret. We will get you a furry friend." She looked down the way that the Wolf left before looking back at Koga. "That one just wasn't the right one for you. I bet we can find you a better one."

@Koga