DMG: 3 // ACC: 1

Skills:
» Curved Sword [Rank 1]

Equipment:
» Okami [Rare Curved Sword [Damage // Accuracy]]

» Black shirt and pants [Vanity]

Battle Ready Inventory:
» 
(3) Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)

Town of Beginnings, she has been stuck here since she lost her friends in the mass of the game masters announcement all that time ago. But then how long ago was that now? She shrugged at that thought really. Passing by other players and the NPCs, she smiled lightly. She made friends with some, even if they didn't remember her name, or her their's. But a friend was a friend when it came down to it. It was either befriend random people, or be eternally alone and bored. She didn't like the thought of the second one. Of course, she did have her two goals, find her brother and find her actual friends. Neither of which have been happening so far. She stopped in front of one of the shops that she was walking past. The Ring and Sword? She shook her head, but still walked in. She needed a trinket anyways, and perhaps a new weapon if the blacksmith with the artisan had a good one in stock.

Opening the door and walking in, she looked around for a moment. There was only one person in right now, so she looked at him to see if he worked the blacksmith or the artisan shop. But she stopped the moment that she saw him. "Masato..." Wait a moment, another moment. Why does he look so familia- "MASATO!!!!!!!" There it was, as she screamed his name, she was charging for him and launching herself into his arms, hugging him tightly.

@Koga

Edited by Tala
Spoiler

Koga

Level 9

HP: 180

Energy: 18

DMG: 5 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

Skills

>> [Rank 1] Curved Sword

>> [Rank 2] Katana

Equipment

>> Tier One Demonic Katana <<Jack's Kuiaratame>> [Burn // Blight // Cursed // Fallen]

>> Tier One Perfect Light Armor <<Shaded Coat>> [Evasion // Evasion // Regeneration]

>> Tier One Perfect Trinket <<Tearful Strands>> [Accuracy // Accuracy // Recovery]

Battle Ready Inventory

>> Spider Ciders [90 HP Restoration] (2)

>> Popcorn [+ 20 MIT] (1)

>> Off-Brand Energy Drink [Tier*3 Energy Restoration] (1)

>> [50 HP] Healing Potions (2)

>> [40 HP] Healing Potion (5)

It was just another day in the shop for Koga. He was pretty much out of materials to craft with, so here he was watching the shop for a bit. He couldn't make sales if there was never anyone to man the counter, right? Except for the fact that the store was completely empty right now. The man was just trying to plan out what his next hunt would be. Or if he should take a quest. Or maybe Nature's Treasure? He did need those materials after all...

The door swung open and Koga looked up to greet the customer, "Wel-"
"Masato..." said a voice that the man hadn't heard in over two years, using a name he hadn't used in just as long.
"Akiara?"
"MASATO!!!!!!!" Before Koga even knew it, the owner of the voice had sprinted full speed and leapt straight over the counter to tackle Koga to the ground in a hug, the clatter of furniture and stock falling to the floor echoing around them.

"That hurt..." Koga groaned before lifting his head to look at the person who was practically laying on top of him, "Akiara? What in the hell are you doing here? I didn't know you were in SAO!" the man said as he gazed upon a face he'd almost forgotten. The face of his younger sister.

@Tala

Spoiler

Tala: HP: 20 // EN: 2 // DMG: 3 // ACC: 1

"That hurt..." Oops, maybe she should have waited a moment before tackling him. "Oh! I'm sorry Masato! I didn't mean to hurt you." She looked around for a moment, "Or mess up your shop. I just missed you so much and I can't believe that I found you!" No, she didn't move, she just hugged him once more before she then finally moved and sat next to him on the floor. She found him, she actually couldn't believe that in this giant game, she was able to find her brother. Now she just had to work on finding her friends.

"Akiara? What in the hell are you doing here? I didn't know you were in SAO!" Ah, there was the question that was about to start the whole speech. "Well, you know that I was working at that game store when SAO was announced. Me and a few friends bought the game when it launched and well, here we are. Only, I don't know where they are.. I lost them when the game master made his dumb announcement and actually locked us in this darned death game."

She looked to the other side of the shop before back to her brother. "But how are you Masato?! I figured that you would be in the game with how much you love them and all. I was just hoping, you know, I would find you alive. And I did! Now, you can't go and leave my site because I don't want to be alone again, got it!" She leaned over and hugged her brother once more, he was probably going to get a lot more of those before the ed of this reunion was to be finished.

@Koga

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 180 // Energy: 18 // DMG: 5 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

"Oh! I'm sorry Masato! I didn't mean to hurt you. Or mess up your shop. I just missed you so much and I can't believe that I found you!"

"It's okay, Aki...just...get off of me...before you suffocate me..." Instead Akiara pulled her older brother into another tight hug before actually getting off of him and sitting beside him.

Koga got up and flipped the open sign to 'closed' as Akiara started answering his question about how she'd ended up in SAO. She lost her friends? Koga was about to ask how that had even happened and whether or not she had them k  her friend list, because she could always check the map, but before he could, his sister began asking about what he'd been up to, while also clarifying that he wasn't allowed to leave her sight.

"First of all, I'm gonna have to leave your sight, Aki," Koga began, "we're not kids, its not like you can live in the same inn room as me. And well...I've kinda been sitting around on the first floor since it started. I, uh...I lost a couple of my friends right at the start..." Koga sat down besides Akiara again, looking down at the ground as he said the last part, "I was in a real bad place for a real long time, Aki."

@Tala

Spoiler

"First of all, I'm gonna have to leave your sight, we're not kids, its not like you can live in the same inn room as me." She grumbled something under her breath when he said this, but made no motion to actually say anything. But what came next, had her just staring at her brother for a moment. "And well...I've kinda been sitting around on the first floor since it started. I, uh...I lost a couple of my friends right at the start... I was in a real bad place for a real long time, Aki." She looked at Koga and gently leaned against him. She was at a loss for words for the moment, before the eventually found her once more.

"I'm sorry Mas. I wish I could have been here for you..." She rested her head on his shoulder then, hoping that he wasn't about to brush her off. She felt horrible, she hadn't found him in time, what kind of sister was she? "How can I help you Mas? How did you get past all of that?" Now she was turning back to herself, all the questions for her brother, all trying to find a way for her to help. Two years, well, that was a long time to be distanced from family, especially with them being so close yet so far. "I want to help you, I just don't know how..."

What was a sister to do when she couldn't be there? Akiara, stop thinking on that, just be happy that you have him now. She sighed lightly and thought on something. "And before you ask, yes they are still on my friends list, but I can't find them on the map." She was talking about her friends now, it was an odd thing, but she had them on her list, but couldn't find them on the map, ever.

@Koga

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 180 // Energy: 18 // DMG: 5 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

Masato heard his sister mumble something under her breath, and he shot her a look, "C'mon, speak up Aki."

Her mildly upset demeanor changed though once Masato began to tell her what had happened to him since the start of the game. He was thankful that at least Akiara had been spared that kind of pain. Even if she didn't know where her friends were, there was a chance that they were at least alive. The man wrapped an arm around his sister's shoulders as she leaned against him. "I'm sorry Mas. I wish I could have been here for you...How can I help you Mas? How did you get past all of that? I want to help you, I just don't know how..."
"At first, it was a lot of just sitting around feeling sorry for myself..." Masato began to explain, "But you know how I am. I get frustrated, and eventually I get a move on. I got frustrated with myself for being so...pathetic, and then I got frustrated with the game and Kayaba. So I decided the best way to flip a big ass middle finger to the guy was to clear the game and get everyone out." Masato gave Akiara a small, comforting squeeze. Comforting for who though? Himself? Her? Probably both. "I dunno that there's anything you can really do to help me Aki. But, just having you here again, I know it'll be good for me." A sudden, terrifying thought flashed through Masato's mind, and he quickly turned towards her, "But that means you can't go out and do something stupid, and get yourself freaking killed, you go it?!"

"Anyways...sorry about your friends, did ya-"
"And before you ask, yes they are still on my friends list, but I can't find them on the map." Yup...that was his sister alright. Good to know somethings never change..."Well, if they're not grayed out on your friends list, it means they're still alive at least. I'm sure you'll run into them eventually. I'm surprised they haven't messaged you or somethin'."

@Tala

Spoiler

She completely ignored Masato trying to get her to speak up about what she mumbled. She didn't feel like being chastised once again. Instead, she just listened to him. It wasn't until he squeezed her did she realize that he wasn't just something in her imagination, she had actually found one person who she knew. "I dunno that there's anything you can really do to help me Aki. But, just having you here again, I know it'll be good for me." She opened her mouth to talk, only for that to be quickly interrupted, which was odd on it's own. Usually that was her job.

"But that means you can't go out and do something stupid, and get yourself freaking killed, you go it?!" She just stared at him, slight disbelief in the look. "Oh, so I can't go and do stupid things, but you can leave my sight. What kind of game are you playing? I don't think that's very fair Mas..." She pretended to pout for a moment, at least until he mentioned her friends and no messages. "That's the thing, I can't even message them. I don't know, maybe a glitch in the system? If there even is one left in the darned game anymore. They were bigger babies than me, so I figured I could find them here, but that search has come up with nothing."

She trailed off for a moment, thinking. Hold on, he said that she couldn't follow him around basically, did that mean... What was he hiding? "Masato, why do I get the feeling you're hiding something from me? Like how in the heck you manage to have an artisan in the same shop as you and yet I see no Artisan and I know for darn sure that you wouldn't even be caught dead making trinkets." Her eyes were starting to narrow as she was putting things together. "Masato, what's her name." Not a question of if there was a girl, but an acknowledgement that she knows that there is a girl.

@Koga

Spoiler

"Oh, so I can't go and do stupid things, but you can leave my sight. What kind of game are you playing? I don't think that's very fair Mas..."
"Well clearly I'm playing Sword Art Online," Masato said sarcastically as Akiara pouted, "I'm being serious Aki. You can't go off and do something stupid. I'm not gonna-" Masato didn't wanna say the words that were about to come out of this mouth, as if saying them would make the possibility that much more real, "I'm not gonna let you die. 'Cause if you die, where does that leave me?"

"That's the thing," Akiara said, responding to his comment on her friends, "I can't even message them. I don't know, maybe a glitch in the system? If there even is one left in the darned game anymore. They were bigger babies than me, so I figured I could find them here, but that search has come up with nothing."
"That's beyond weird..." Masato said, brows furrowing momentarily in thought, "I dunno though, when was the last time a game was released without bugs? I guess the best we can do is hope they're okay and they show up at some point or another."

"Masato, why do I get the feeling you're hiding something from me?" Wait, what? He wasn't hiding anything, was he? " Like how in the heck you manage to have an artisan in the same shop as you and yet I see no Artisan and I know for darn sure that you wouldn't even be caught dead making trinkets." Oh, right. Masato had forgotten about all that with all the excitement of the past couple of minutes. Akiara narrowed her eyes at her brother, "Masato, what's her name."...Damn...

"Okay, first of all, I'm not hiding anything from you, B, I have made plenty of trinkets and stuff in the real world, and you know that, third, why do you assume it's a she?"

@Tala

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

"Well clearly I'm playing Sword Art Online." She instantly rolled her eyes at her brother's sarcasm, it didn't even warrant any other response than that. "I'm not gonna let you die. 'Cause if you die, where does that leave me?" She looked at him, a worried look on her face then. Just how bad had things been before now? "Don't worry Mas, I won't do anything stupid. I can't leave you all alone now can I? Who else would be able to torture you like I do? This is a gift and it can't just be passed on to some other person you know." She smiled, as if trying to portray the seriousness behind the joke, but at the same time, her smile wasn't as warm as it should have been because of the worry, and well, now guilt.

"I dunno though, when was the last time a game was released without bugs? I guess the best we can do is hope they're okay and they show up at some point or another." She nodded then, her smile disappearing. "Yeah, I just..don't know. I wish I wouldn't have convinced them to come with." Yeah there was serious guilt, time to put that away. Back into the bottle you go. Because it was the perfect time to not hold any guilt as she started to drill her brother about the girl that he was so obviously trying to hide from her.

"Okay, first of all, I'm not hiding anything from you, B, I have made plenty of trinkets and stuff in the real world, and you know that, third, why do you assume it's a she?" She wished so bad that she had a piece of paper and a pen. She wanted to draw the face that she was giving her brother. All her look said was 'yeah right'. She knew her brother better than he was trying to think at this point right now. "One, I am calling lies on that brother dearest. Two, sure you've made things, but weapons and armor have always been your specialty. Third, Masato, you have that darned glint in your eye, like you did the last time you saw some 'pretty' girl. Fess up. What. Is. Her. Name." She put emphasis on the final four words.

@Koga

Spoiler

"Don't worry Mas, I won't do anything stupid. I can't leave you all alone now can I? Who else would be able to torture you like I do? This is a gift and it can't just be passed on to some other person you know."

Masato's serious face broke into an amused grin. "I dunno about it being a gift," the man teased, mussing up his younger sibling's hair.

"Yeah, I just..don't know. I wish I wouldn't have convinced them to come with."

"Don't beat youself up over that, Aki," Masato said giving his sister another quick hug, "just be glad that there's a good chance that they're still alive and look forward to seeing them on the other side."

This last bit though...Aki really was persistent. Masato rolled his eyes as his sister spoke, "Her name is Noctua. At least, that's what she goes by here. Also, what do you mean 'a glint in my eye'? I'm not some creep!"

@Tala

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

She mussed with her hair and she swatted at his hands. She pretended to glare at him, but it would fail horribly because she was smiling. Dead give away that she wasn't mad at all. In fact, it kind of felt like old times to her really, she didn't want them to end currently. "Don't beat youself up over that, Aki, just be glad that there's a good chance that they're still alive and look forward to seeing them on the other side." She leaned into his hug and nodded lightly.

"Okay Mas. I'll try, but I'm sure you know that it's hard to do." She sighed lightly though and she just looked ahead, for a few moments at least. "Her name is Noctua. At least, that's what she goes by here. Also, what do you mean 'a glint in my eye'? I'm not some creep!" The name already made her teeth itch with a hatred. Noctua, she was going to have to remember that. Wait... "What in the heck is a wolf like my brother doing falling for an owl? That is just...no." Now, when she meant wolf, she didn't mean anything bad, just that their sibling thing was wolves.

Look at their names, Koga and Tala. Both meaning wolf in some language. But Noctua, that was owl. "And that glint my dear brother, mainly just means that I have to fight for your attention, and this is something you know I don't like to do..." She pouted once more as she looked at her brother. "But, I can tell that you actually like her...so I will try to behave."

@Koga

Spoiler

Aki tried to look upset with him mess up her hair, but it was a total failure, her smile giving her away. "It's good to have you back Aki," Masato said with a smile of his own.

Masato could see the muscles in Akiara's jaw tense as she clenched her teeth, something they both seemed to do often, "What in the heck is a wolf like my brother doing falling for an owl? That is just...no." The man rolled his eyes again, "Your brother just happened to find someone who could put up with his crap. It takes quite a wise and patient person to do that. It takes an owl."
"...That glint my dear brother, mainly just means that I have to fight for your attention, and this is something you know I don't like to do..." Masato wished he had the room to complain (oh, don't worry, he was still going to complain) but he understood where Akiara was coming from...sort of. Masato sort of had this habit of seriously grilling anyone who even laid eyes on his sister. The way he saw it though, he was just doing the job of the older brother. "But, I can tell that you actually like her...so I will try to behave."
"Damn straight you're gonna behave," Masato said with a sly grin. He knew this game well by now.

@Tala

Spoiler

"It's good to have you back Aki." She hugged him lightly, "Did I mention that I missed you Mas?" She looked at him, her smile seeming to be permanent, for the moment at least.

"Your brother just happened to find someone who could put up with his crap. It takes quite a wise and patient person to do that. It takes an owl." A scowl, that was back. She just stared at Masato, trying to actually figure this out. How in the heck was an owl of all damned things the kind of person her brother would fall for? Wait... they weren't going to be in the game forever, so what was he going to do then? Fear actually flashed across her face with that thought for a moment. "Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know the drill. I behave and don't try to drive her away from the shadows. Bah, you're no fun sometimes Mas. How can I be sure she won't run off on you when we get out of this game hmm?"

She stopped for a moment and looked at him with a truly serious look on her face. "Masato, what are you going to do when we get out of this game?" The question could be taken how ever he wanted to take it, but she was just talking in general. With all of the things that he has gone through in here, she didn't know what his mindset was going to be like when they got out. At least she didn't watch her friends die if they were still alive.

@Koga

Spoiler

"Did I mention that I missed you Mas?" Akiara said, smiling up at him. "I missed you too Aki."

Akiara scowled at him as he did his best to explain himself and Noctua, but let's be honest. It wasn't gonna be good enough for his sister. "Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know the drill," she complained, "I behave and don't try to drive her away from the shadows. Bah, you're no fun sometimes Mas. How can I be sure she won't run off on you when we get out of this game hmm?" Her last comment struck Masato though. In more ways than one. How could he tell his sister that in reality, he didn't actually want to leave the game? In the real world, their parents saw him as little more than a disappointment. She was the star child of the family, and as much as she might try, Masato found it hard to believe she'd fully understand where he was coming from. And she was right, what would happen to Noctua and himself once they were out? Would they be able to find each other? Would it even matter? Would she still care about him like she did here? Masato didn't know.

"Masato, what are you going to do when we get out of this game?"

Akiara's face was serious as she looked up at her brother. Not the typical scowl when she was mad, or the smile she gave him otherwise. Dead serious. The muslces in Masato's jaw tenses, and his brows furrowed as he thought about the topic he really wish he didn't have to. But the truth was he didn't know. The only friends he had in the real world were gone. The man couldn't escape that fact, not when it happened right in front of his eyes. The woman he had come to love could be anywhere across the world. The friends he made since the start of this game, just as distant and unknown in the real world. All he had in the real world was his sister. And there was nothing wrong with that, but...there was so much he would lose too. At least here he had them all. "I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, Aki. Right now, I just gotta focus on getting both of us out."

@Tala

Spoiler

He was doing a lot of thinking. Too much thinking. Akiara instantly knew that Masato hadn't talked this over with this Noctua chick. Great, that meant that she was going to have to do damage control when this death game was done and over with. Aki didn't like the sounds of that really. Damage control for her brother from a broken heart like this. No, that was going to be horrible. Aki was going to have to do some work in game, and she was already plotting it. Sorry Masato, but I can't let you get hurt as bad as you will.

"I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, Aki. Right now, I just gotta focus on getting both of us out."

She gave him a blank stare. Just staring at him, reading him. What was that? Was that doubt of getting out? Or was that doubt of wanting to leave? Was Masato really going to stay in a game that could kill him, for a girl? Was he really already that head over heels for this woman. Oh no, no no no no, this wasn't going to do at all. Nope. Not what so ever. Aki was going to have to learn all that she could about this person and fast. She needed to stop this love train.

"Masato...you don't want to leave do you?" She finally figured out how to voice that though. The one question that was bugging her more now. More than him having a girlfriend. Of course, if she was to figure out for sure that it was because of this chick that he wanted to stay, things were going to change, and very quickly. Starting with finding herself someone to latch on to to get his attention. Make the girlfriend jealous that way first. Yes, this plan was formulating, and it was going to be deviously fun.

@Koga

Spoiler

"Masato...you don't want to leave do you?"

Masato knew that that question was coming. Few people could read him as well his sister. But few people knew Akiara as her brother. And Masato knew that she wasn't going to understand, even if he explained. But he had to try.

"C'mon Aki. Can you blame me?" the man began, looking his sister dead in the eyes, "Our parents can't see me as anything but a disappointment. My friends a dead. And the one's I have left are probably half-way across the world! And...it's selfish, but I've got you here too. Die in the game, die in real life, what difference does it make? Dead is dead. What matters is how you live. At least here I can live in a way where I matter, and surrounded by people who I care about, and care about me." Even as Masato finshed speaking, he could tell Akiara wasn't listening. The gears of her brain were already turning, probably figuring out some way to drag his sorry ass back into the real world, whether he wanted to or not.

@Tala

Spoiler

"C'mon Aki. Can you blame me?" He just stared at her as he explained himself. She knew where he was coming from, but at the same time, she didn't want to see him permanently stuck in the game. Her plotting and planning as stopped when he had stopped talking. She tilted her head to the side for a moment as she studied her brother. It took her a few moments for everything to fully sink in before she sighed lightly. "Mas, I know they are hard on you, but they do love you too..." She stopped there and shook her head.

"No, no more sad talk. I have my brother right here and I want to be happy about it, not sad and depressed and feeling like stabbing something. No that doesn't sound like fun to me." She leaned against her brother then, resting her head on his shoulder. "So, what is there to do around here that is fun? Any good places to eat that you might know of? I'm kind of craving ramen right now." She was trying her best to change the mood of their reunion. She meant it, she didn't want this to be filled with sadness. She had Masato by her side once more, and well, that was all that she wanted at the moment. A nice, happy reunion.

@Koga

Spoiler

"Mas, I know they are hard on you, but they do love you too..." Koga couldn't help but shake his head. She hadn't heard the things they've said. But as long as they loved her, it was fine. He could handle the rest. If they put her in the crosshairs? Well, Koga doubted he'd talk to them at all.

The younger of the siblings shook her head and leaned on her brother, "No, no more sad talk. I have my brother right here and I want to be happy about it, not sad and depressed and feeling like stabbing something. No that doesn't sound like fun to me. So, what is there to do around here that is fun? Any good places to eat that you might know of? I'm kind of craving ramen right now." Koga let a grin creep through his serious, solemn face. If there was one way to get through to the Kasai siblings, it was food. "Yeah, I know a good place. But we can't keep using our real names here, Aki. I go by Koga here. What'd you pick as your user anyways?"

@Tala

Spoiler

He hadn't said anything about what she said about their parents, but she did get a head shake out of him. She sighed then, unsure of how to make him believe what she had said. But thankfully, that part of the conversation was done and over with and he was grinning. There he was. She nearly clapped out of excitement and happiness when she saw that grin creep through. "There's my brother!" She did manage to exclaim that though, in the pure happiness of seeing that grin. That meant that all of the sad talk was done and over with. She would deal with the owl on another day.

"Yeah, I know a good place. But we can't keep using our real names here, Aki. I go by Koga here. What'd you pick as your user anyways?" Koga. Usernames. Right, she was going to have to do her hardest to remember that. She looked at him and grinned herself then. "Tala." She had hope that he would know why she chose that name, but she was prepared to explain it anyways. But she was still hungry and well, they weren't going to be fed by sitting on the floor of his shop. "So, about this good place for food. I am kind of hungry and I haven't had a meal with my big brother in a long time."

The look she gave was practically one that a last dog would give to a human for food. It was the puppy dog eyes, only on Tala, she added the effect of a fake tear in the corner of her right eye. This used to always work on him, hopefully it would still work now.

@Koga

Spoiler

"Tala," Akiara told him, earning a grin from the man. "Tala, huh? That means stalking wolf in some random Natie American language right? I like it," the man said.

"So, about this good place for food. I am kind of hungry and I haven't had a meal with my big brother in a long time," Akiara said with her puppy dog eyes. The man couldn't help but chuckle a little. Yup, that sounded about right. "Alright then, lets get going. I'll lock up on our way out."

The two left the shop, and after Koga locked up they left for the long awaited ramen. It wasn't quite as good as anything in the real world, but he was with his sister again, and that made it that much better. They were together again, for the first time in more than two years, and Koga was looking forward to adventuring with his sister.

@Tala