[F02-PP] Explorers of Darkness -- <<Let There Be Light>>

Another day, another few digs at the rock. Basuke sighed as he pushed open the wooden door, making his way out the general goods store of Urbus. A paper bag was scrunched in his hands, carrying his breakfast for the day, which wasn't much. As long as he parsed out his col appropriately, he could keep this up for as long as he needed to.

"Excuse me! Please, young man!"

The distinct sound of Korean. Was there someone else who spoke it on this floor? Finally, after so long--

-- a middle-aged woman, dressed in the town's clothing style came rushing up to him, distressed. "Please! A moment of your time! My kid's gone missing in a cave and I need help! It's dangerous in there, I just want them back safely!"

Basuke was a little lost for words, not certain about how to respond. Dangerous? He hadn't fought in such a long time, surely he wouldn't be up for the job? Looking around, he gestured over to a few other players who just happened to be loitering nearby.

Spoiler

B A S U K E

Lv. 1 | HP: 20 | EN: 2 | DMG: 1 | ACC: -- | EVA: -- | MIT: --

- - - - -

Skills:

1. 1H Straight Sword | RANK: 1/5 | +1 DMG
  2. - - -

Equipment:

1. [T1E0] Standard-issue Armor
  2. [T1E0] Standard-issue Blade
  3. - - -

Battle-Ready Inventory:

1. x3 | Starter Healing Potions | Heals 50 HP
  2. - - -
  3. - - -
  4. - - -
  5. - - -

@Randal @NIGHT

Edited by Basuke
Spoiler
Randal: SP 7/22 // HP 200/200 // Energy 20/20 // 1 DMG 

Items:
 3 DMG (T1E3 Perfect Hand Wraps) // 1 REGEN (T1 Uncommon Pants) // 3 EVA (T1E3 Perfect Light Armour)

Skills:
 1 LD (Searching Rank 1) // 1 Stealth Detection (Searching Rank 1) // 5 MIT (Light armour Mastery Rank 1) // 3 DMG (Martial Arts Mastery Rank 1)

Battle Items:
  1. - 5 Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP)
  2. - 1 T1 Immolation Potion (10DMG to successful non-Crit attacker)
  3. -1 Tier One Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP
  4. - 1 T1 Snack (+1 Eva)
  5. - 1 Tier One Snack (+3LD) 

Additional Buffs
  1. Aincrad Trading Post Guild - +2 Exp per craft made // +5 to salvage LD
  2. Aincrad Trading Post Guild - +5% Mob Kill Col // +10% Treasure Chest Col
Spoiler

<<Let There Be Light>>

This quest takes place on Floor 2
This quest is repeatable for Col only

tumblr_m4xz7qzTO41r1v8ydo1_500.gif

You have been approached by a worried NPC Mother. She is erratic and asks you to help find her missing child. She tells you that her child was playing in one of the caverns on the second floor with their friend, but they were attacked by monsters, their friend got away but they are still missing. As you approach the cave you realize that it's pitch black inside and that it has affected your mission with vision disabilities.

Requirements:

-Rp must be at least 1 full page long (21 or more posts)
-Due to the cave's darkness and there being no light, any players that chose to enter the cave receive a -1 debuff on all dice rolls unless they have <<Night Vision>>.
-
You must fight two <<Giant Bats>> 
-You must find the lost child

Giant Bat Information:

<Giant Bat> is a Field mob and has the following statistics:
Giant Bat: 50 HP
Damage per Attack: 20

Rewards:

1. 1 Skill Point.
  2. A Col Value of your Loot Dice multiplied by 25 [ Party leader rolls LD. All players receive that amount ]

Solo Mid-level player or a group of low-level players is advised
Recommended level: 5

•  

Randal was minding his own business on floor 2, simply exploring the town when all of a sudden from a nearby housing area he heard cries for help.

1 hour ago, Basuke said:

Please! A moment of your time! My kid's gone missing in a cave

With a nary a thought to consider the unfortunate happenstance before him, Randal knew what that calling meant, that a quest would be afoot. Dashing quickly to the source of the cries he noticed a dreary lady whose apparent aged for outweighed her actual age(Still Unknown).

At the same time he noticed a particular player holding a scrunched up paper bag look very suspicious but also very clearly there to offer his help too. Randal listened as the middle aged lady friend on about her child who had gone missing. A cave somewhere on this floor, Randal’s Detective hat was already being worn and his mind quickly flashed over all the possibilities, bandits? Ransom? Randal wasn’t sure just yet but he definitely was going to offer his aid.

Edited by Randal

NIGHT was beginning to go through the floors to see if she'd had any unfinished businesses, well, quests. Still on the teleportation platform, she was about to head off when she heard the cries of an NPC -- one with a familiar marker above their head.

"Please! A moment of your time! My kid's gone missing in a cave and I need help! It's dangerous in there, I just want them back safely!"

She trotted over, curious as to who the player they had approached was. Were they keen on a party? Oh, Randal was here too. She greeted him with an open palm and a "Yo!" before checking in with the other player.

<Basuke>

Basuke? As in, the one player who's been lounging around Urbus for two years and no one knows why? NIGHT put a hand to her chin as she looked him over discreetly. I mean, she thought, I could take him in a fight.

Spoiler

NIGHT 
Lv: 22 | HP: 440 | EN: 44 | SP: 61
DMG: 10 | MIT: 35 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 3

[Skills]

1. Two-Handed Straight Sword | Passive | RANK 4/5
  2. Heavy Armor | Passive | RANK 1/5
  3. - - -
  4. - - - 

• Survival | Passive 

[Examine]

• [T1E3] Doombringer
    "WEAPON: A black broadsword; large, heavy and sturdy. The edge is lined with silver, and its guards are decorated with gold. It looks like it's been sharpened to a tee, so handle it with care."
    -- [ Damage III | +3 DMG. ]
  • [T1E3] Confiteor
    "HEAVY ARMOR: A large, bulky white cuirass. A soft silver scarf is wrapped around the collar. Above the plate's center is a black outline of a diamond, cut into four squares, a small sigil to mark a contrast to the rest of the armor's indifference."
    -- [ Mitigation III | +27 MIT ]
  • [T1E3] Threads of Dexterity
    "LIGHT ARMOR: Black primarily, with accents of white, modeled like a set of running shoes. Feels like them too. Cleats are found at the sole, giving the user extra traction on smooth surfaces."
    -- [ Evasion III | +3 EVA ]

- - - - - -

• Starter Healing Potions (3) --- Heals 50 HP.
  • [T1] Uncommon Health Potions (3) --- Heals 40 HP.
  • [T1] Over-health Potion (1) --- Provides 50 temporary HP.

[Misc]

• Familiar Mastery <Accurate> from Nyanko
    -- [ Accuracy II | +2 BD when attacking. Cannot be used to cause a critical hit. ]
  • Aincrad Trading Post Guild Membership
    -- [ ATP Guild Bonus | +5% more col from killed mobs, +10% col from treasure chests. ]
Edited by NIGHT

Even as he prompted, it seemed as though they had approached the worried mother on instinct. Did they understand his language too? He felt the spark of excitement reignite, wondering if he could finally get off this floor for once. "You two understand her too?" Basuke asked in his mother tongue. Fearing hesitation from the situation, he added in English, "Speak Korean?" before pointing to the duo, feeling sheepish at his lack of control over the language.

"If want to help," he continued, watching their faces to gauge their responses, "Accept request. Party invite." While he hadn't accessed the menus in such a long time, he felt confident enough to navigate to the party window, sending the two players invites. <NIGHT> and <Randal>, huh? It was a little difficult gauging where people came from with usernames like that, but he wasn't going to judge. He might've come off as a Japanese himself.

Oh wow a Korean, This was the first time Randal ever had a language barrier problem here in the game, he was pretty sure with the large amount Of people who spoke English, that the game would actually auto translate all languages to the listeners common tongue. 

Without actually replying to the young man, Randal wordlessly accepted the invite and noticed that below his name was Night’s, turning around he noticed his very first friend, the last time he had checked her location she was fighting in some fiery place. 

With some simple greetings out of the way, Randal proceeded to ask the middle aged women and Basuke at the same time if either of them knew where this cave was, Randal hasn’t yet cooler to terms with the fact that the girl NPC would not die just because he dallied a little.

Was that Korean? She looked at Basuke dumbfoundedly. Don't tell me the reason he's been stuck here all this time was because of a language barrier. The boy then added, looking almost pitiful. "Speak Korean?"

Oh my god it is.

"--No," she said quickly, not to get his hopes down, but to establish that fact as soon as possible. "But you speak a bit of English, right? I'm sure we'll be able to get along fine."

The boy sent them a party invite, and she accepted, noting that Randal did too. The man continued to question the woman about their quest location, and while he did, NIGHT looked over to the infamous kid. "So uh," she began, arms folded. "I've heard you've been stuck on Floor 2 a lot, is there any particular reason why...?"

Then she noticed his whiskers, similar to Koga's when they beat up a rock the one time. The woman desperately wanted to say something, ideally supportive, but instead she was lost for words.

They didn't understand him. So why did they-- oh. The system was probably built in with multiple languages, just not player-to-player translations. Dammit...

The woman continued, responding to Randal's inquiries. "The cave doesn't have a name as far as I recall," she gestured over to the horizon, out of town. "It's nearby, I assure you!" The quest marker moved over to the distance, identifying the location they should head to next. "Please do hurry, I'm worried sick about my baby!"

The boy began walking, wearing a stoic look. "We'll be back shortly," he replied to the woman with conviction. As much as he hated being stuck in one place, he was relieved that the townsfolk felt familiar enough with his presence by now to approach him. Or maybe today he just got unlucky to be saddled with such a responsibility.

"So uh," NIGHT had said, "I've heard you've been stuck on Floor 2 a lot, is there any particular reason why...?" He nearly choked, breaking down his fierce exterior. Something about her face looked like she already knew some of the answer, but he didn't want to be pitied. He just wanted to forget.

"Breaking rock," he dryly added, pointing to his cheeks, white outlines painted on them. "Quest. Not sure how teleport home."

Randal truly didn’t expect that he and Basuke would have so much in common, although Basuke might have been punching a rock for the last 2 years, Randal himself hadn’t been up to anything to spectacular, his moping for more than two years was kept very far on the down low but the implications of his absence were the same as Basuke‘s.

”Don’t worry “ Randal tried to say to Basuke. “Finish quest”, “bring you home” and hoped to god that he did well enough to convey his earnest desire to help the poor lad.

As they continued to attempt to converse, Randal and his gang slowly approached a large Stonefaced cliff side with many cavernous entrances. Although the decision as to which one to enter was made simple by the fact that there was only one entrance low enough for children to wander into while playing.

NIGHT nodded in return, and continued as Randal offered his help. "Same here," she said. "I can't imagine getting stuck in town for so long. Have you tried asking others for help too?" She placed a hand to her temple. "Surely there can't be that many mean-spirited players out there, right..?"

As they closed in on their destination, it became apparent as to how treacherous the quest might be. A whole cliff face, with multiple entrances. The woman approached one of them, wondering how likely it was to find a child in it.

"None here," she stated, peering into another. "This is tough. How're we supposed to know which one leads in any where?"

After entering and leaving a few more enclaves, she noticed Randal's sights fall onto one of the smaller entrances. "In there...? What, are we supposed to crawl in or something?" Sighing, she got down and shimmied herself through, surprised to see the ceiling raised high enough for people to stand, and deep enough to warrant getting lost in here.

As his new team mates offered their support, Basuke cheered up a little, feeling a calmness he hadn't felt in years. "Thank," he said, a sincere smile forming on his face. "Friends. Can speak normal, I will try understand. Thank you a lot much for help."

The party shuffled over to a mountainside, stony cavern faces lining the outcrop they stood on. Which one to go into? NIGHT approached a few, looking into them, before walking away. Eventually she sighed and leaned forward, making her way into the darkness. Basuke looked over at Randal, suspicious. "Careful of height. Hope no bad happens."

The boy bent down and headed through, surprised at how dark the cavern was. Almost like night! He muffled a giggle at the thought, before adding, stepping further into the cave. "It's hard to see inside... Take care when walking!" Stopping, he remembered how fragile he was as compared to his team members, and gestured for one of them to take the lead instead. "Sorry, not so strong, but will try my best."

Spoiler
Randal: SP 7/22 // HP 200/200 // Energy 20/20 // 1 DMG 

Items:
 3 DMG (T1E3 Perfect Hand Wraps) // 1 REGEN (T1 Uncommon Pants) // 3 EVA (T1E3 Perfect Light Armour)

Skills:
 1 LD (Searching Rank 1) // 1 Stealth Detection (Searching Rank 1) // 5 MIT (Light armour Mastery Rank 1) // 3 DMG (Martial Arts Mastery Rank 1)

Battle Items:
  1. - 5 Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP)
  2. - 1 T1 Immolation Potion (10DMG to successful non-Crit attacker)
  3. -1 Tier One Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP
  4. - 1 T1 Snack (+1 Eva)
  5. - 1 Tier One Snack (+3LD) 

Additional Buffs
  1. Aincrad Trading Post Guild - +2 Exp per craft made // +5 to salvage LD
  2. Aincrad Trading Post Guild - +5% Mob Kill Col // +10% Treasure Chest Col

As Randal entered the cave behind Night and Basuke, he palmed the walks to get a grasp over the height of the cave as well as the width, he worries over whether the cave wild split into many directions and said “We should stay right and work our way around.” Not expecting there to be any difficult monsters in the area as kids came here To play, Randal suspect foul play and was on guard for any ambushes.

As his voice echoed through the cavern’s many walls and surfaces, he heard two more sounds echo back. 

”HELP, I WANT MY MUMMY!” Blasted through cave. Immediately appeared by the sound, Randal decided to speed up and looked towards Night and Basuke before speeding into the cavern.

The second sound he heard was far less obvious but it was the unmistakable sound of bat wings.

As Randal and gang exited the closed wall cavern’s into an Opening with just as little light as before, Randal‘a intuition soared as he ducked out of the way. Failing to get a hit in while he dodged, he knew that an enemy was now targeting them.

Spoiler

Randal: SP 7/22 // HP 200/200 // Energy 20/20 // 1 DMG 

Items:

Skills:
Spoiler
Randal: 200 HP // 7 DMG // 20 Energy // 5 MIT // 3 EVA // 1 Regen

Giant Bat: 50 HP // 20 DMG

ID# 131302
BD 6-1(Miss)
MD 7-3(Miss)

Edited by Randal

As Basuke crawled in, he continued forward, offering a word of warning, before stopping. "Right, we can take lead."

"We should stay right and work our way around," Randal advised, and NIGHT nodded, placing her hand on the wall beside her. "Got it," she added, taking a few steps forward.

Then they heard the cry of the child. Randal sprinted forward, giving his party members a glance. The woman nodded, charging forth with her blade drawn.

Was that sound a flapping? What was that...?

As she felt the beating of wings behind her, she shifted her sword, a glowing shimmer in the darkness as she whirled her weapon around, decimating the creature behind her completely. It let out a loud shrill before disintegrating into ashes. NIGHT shivered at the idea that the bat had gotten this close to her. "It's cool!" She called out to the darkness, trying to dissuade herself of her fears. "I got it. Hang on tight, kid, we're on our way!"

ID: 131303 | BD: 6 (5, +2, -1)
<<Back Rush>> vs Giant Bat.
10 * 5 = 50 DMG
Giant Bat has been defeated!

Giant Bat | HP: 0/50 | DMG: 20

NIGHT | HP: 440/440 | EN: 39/44 (-5) | ACC: 2 | DMG: 10 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 35

Edited by NIGHT

"We should stay right and work our way around," Randal advised, and Basuke squinted in the darkness. "Wait, why? Never heard this before," he quipped, following along, hesitantly placing his palm over to the wall. Their noises echoed through the cave, and an alarmed kid yelled back. ”HELP, I WANT MY MUMMY!”

The two adventurers sprung into action, and Basuke struggled to keep up. By the time they'd gone forth, there was a bright light, a screech and a scatter of blue particles in the air. "Damn monsters," he cursed, drawing his -- well, subpar blade -- to his side. "Careful. I will watch behind," he stated, trying to help the team in their endeavour.

Instead, he thought he heard another creature approaching them, with the same telltale shriek from earlier. "Another coming," he stated, uncertain if he should approach. Being the weakest member of the team sucked, he mused, as he turned to glance behind them. Nothing there.

Edited by Basuke

Having watched the swing of Night’s blade literally split the bay from bottom up into to separate pieces before it disappearing into a multitude of pieces left Randal with awe, still struggling with his relative powerlessness. Even though he knew that night’s overwhelming power from her higher level and overall superior skills came from lots of hard work still felt jealous.

He also was notably envious of her familiar and so he asked “hey where’s your little cat buddy?”

While walking he and the group continued to persevere through the darkness while calling out to the kid who was providing them with ample material to echo locate her position. 

Until the sounds of her stopped with we unnatural shriek. Deathly worried that something untoward might haven’t happened to the little girl with which Randal has established through her distinct voice.

Now the group in a full on sprint, they found the girl ahead by a small glow stone that she was holding. Laying on the floor unmoving and the sound of wings filled the air.

"Cat buddy?" NIGHT asked, keeping Basuke in her peripheral vision as she opened up her bag, revealing a small kitten inside. "You mean Nyanko? He's a heavy sleeper." At the mention of his name, his sleepy eyes glowed a bright yellow, somewhat stirring, before he rolled over, continuing to rest. She closed the flap on her bag. "I mean, I'm sure you can get a familiar too, when you want one."

The trio continued walking, their footsteps echoing in the dark. Then flapping noises filled the air once again, and a familiar shrill.

Okay, that means there're definitely bats in this cave. Randal and NIGHT rushed forth. As the former noticed a glow, he stopped to tend to the limp body beside it. Bruised, unconscious, but a little bit of watching, one could definitely tell she was still breathing. Good.

NIGHT pulled her blade as she sprinted past them, trying to swipe at the dark further on ahead. She felt her blade scrape rock, and cursed, setting her blade in front of her once more as the batting of wings got more intense.

ID: 131304 | BD: 5 (4, +2, -1)
NIGHT missed!

Giant Bat | HP: 50/50 | DMG: 20

NIGHT | HP: 440/440 | EN: 38/44 (+1, -2) | ACC: 2 | DMG: 10 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 35

Edited by NIGHT

This time, Basuke made it in time to observe the fight. He sheathed his blade, uncharacteristically. Knowing when he was beat was the name of the game for him, so instead he dropped to the ground to carry the small child.

"This looks bad," he murmured to himself, frowning. The boy wasn't into first aid, but even he could notice the bruises left on the child's shoulder and leg. Normally, he wouldn't care about children this much, but he was lacking behind in the party... best not leave his new friends with vitriol.

"Let me do it," he offered, hushed, trying not to draw attention to himself. "Randal. You're strong. Can fight." The boy brought the girl in his arms, careful to keep her steady. Thankfully, all the time he'd taken punching the rock allowed him the strength necessary to carry the child with relative ease. "I will wait here. Watch behind."

Randal watched as Basuke carried the little girl away from the bulk of the fighting. Which was good considering the god of war impression that night was giving off, truth be told the image of the other bar being split in two still lingered with Randal. 

Knowing the night has activated a sword art to achieve such combat prowess. Randal tried his best to emulate her, he had learned a special martial art skill by the name of embracer which targeted the opponent’s accupoints with a a special finger jab which would stun and paralyse the Bat for one turn. The only reason he could do this was the immense training that his fingers had underwent during his mission to become a martial artist. However, in the dark and barely about to see anything probably wasn’t the best time to try a precision strike like that and Randal suitably missed the bat, fortunately so did the bat.

Spoiler

ID# 131306

BD 4-1 (Miss) MD: 4-3 (Miss)

Randal: 200 HP // 7 DMG // 16/20 Energy // 5 MIT // 3 EVA // 1 Regen

Giant Bat: 50 HP // 20 DMG

Edited by Randal

The glow from Randal's attacks caught her eye, and she grinned. But before she wanted to say anything, she would rather put this creature out of its misery first. As the bat fluttered to attack NIGHT, she had a window of opportunity to strike at it again, this time slicing their enemy straight down from the head. It reeled, whining from the blow, before it shattered into pieces, leaving the party in relative safety.

"Looks like you got your sword art sorted out after all," she mentioned, shooting Randal a smile. "Don't worry, you'll get used to it after a time." Her thoughts returned to the small child they'd found earlier, and she sheathed her blade, jogging over to Basuke. The kid laid motionless in his hands. "How's she doing? Looking okay?" Upon noticing the girl's wounds, she winced. "Oof... Hope it's nothing too serious..."

NIGHT picked up the fading glow stone from the floor, setting it on the child's chest. "I'm guessing this is her's. C'mon, let's get moving."

ID: 131307 | BD: 6 (5, +2, -1)
<<Back Rush>> vs Giant Bat.
10 * 5 = 50 DMG
Giant Bat has been defeated!

Giant Bat | HP: 0/50 | DMG: 20

NIGHT | HP: 440/440 | EN: 34/44 (+1, -5) | ACC: 2 | DMG: 10 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 35

Edited by NIGHT

"Cool," Basuke managed to utter, watching the two duke it out with the bat. Sure, it did fall over in one strike, but that didn't change the fact that they were in the heat of battle, and he wasn't. But he still had a purpose. After all, who would take care of the kid otherwise?

Standing by for a moment, he nodded when NIGHT instructed him to press on back. "Good choice, thank you for keeping safe." The trip back was fraughtless due to the light of the stone illuminating the tunnel, and any enemies that might've stood between them and the exit would've already been encountered at this point. Past the entry, it was only a short walk back to the town, with Basuke leading the charge down a shortcut through some vegetation.

It had been only a moment for them to step into the square of town, but they were immediately beset by the worried mother once again. She cradled the child, taking her off of Basuke's hands. "Oh, thank you so much!"

Randal felt a little tired after that adventure, the comforting Of the middle aged woman was many fold, she didn’t stop crying when the trio brought her child back to her, in fact it was worsened due to the seemingly lifeless body that Basuke carried back. The mother believed that they had not managed to save her previous daughter And started wailing hysterically, it took the party many explanations before she would even calm down.

Fearing the desperation of a panicky mother, Randal and Co sight laver until they saw to it that the outlet girl was busted by a local Alchemist and doctor to get her the Forest bill of health before leaving. Fearing that the kids would find their way back to the cavern’s Randal would Later go back to seal off the caverns sometime in the future.

Until then Randal exchanged contact information with Basuke believing the poor lad to be someone whom Randal could rely on. Before they took their s separate ways, they were treated with some Col from the middle aged women and night she Randal specifically instructed Basuke on how to use the teleported and how to find out what floors there were as well as the towns on those floors so that he could always find his way back.

Spoiler

ID# 131310

LD (11+1)*25= 300 Col

@Randal

SP

150 Col + 300 Col

@NIGHT

SP

150 Col + 300 Col

@Basuke

SP

100 Col + 300 Col