[Floor 01] *Horunka Village* Blind Eye Pub [PP: Lonzo and NIGHT] <<buen provecho!>>

Locaton: Floor 1: Horunka Village: Blind Eye Pub
Weather: Windy with a snow dusting on the ground
Time: 11am

Lonzo, had gotten done cooking and started to package things up. He was pretty excited about the caviar he made for NIGHT. "I hope she uses it for a quest, I think I went overboard with it"
He started to wash down the bar table and tried something marked bourbon. It was sweet and had a bite to it but it did nothing for him in terms of getting drunk. Just like always. He shrugged it off and tried to just enjoy the taste of it. "I need to make donuts one of these days." He said and grabbed a hunk of bread and started to make a grill cheese without buffs. It was nice the pub seemed to provide for itself unless of course you wanted some sort of bonus to it. To be fair things with bonuses did taste much better. He went through his HUD and started to write a mail.

<<NIGHT>>
Hey, a little bird told me they wanted to try my cooking. I'm located in Horunka Village. I promise my food isn't poisoned.
Bring an empty stomach I'm going to cook up a big meal for you, but it won't have any buffs attached so don't expect the best flavor. I'll do my best though. The door says closed but you can come in I've put a code in for the door for you it'll be 2294B7. I'm sorry if I woke you or bothered you. 
                              Love
                                         Lonzo

He was humming away getting things ready from behind the bar. Here he could entertain with cooking instead of going to the back room where all the specialty cooking takes place.  After which he busied himself dusting away at whatever he could. True the place didn't actually have dust but he just wanted to seem busy in some way.

NIGHT slept in that day. By 11 in the morning, she was tossed onto her side, trying to return to her rest as the sunlight slipped into her bed through the windows. With a buzz, a mail notification, she cursed, bundling up in her blankets again.

I don't wanna answer...

But someone more awake than her did, poking and prodding at her face with a paw. Nyanko was up early, bothering her owner to get up too, with chittering and murps as NIGHT squeezed back into her sheets. "Noooo..."

"Mrrow!"

A moment of silence and unease. Then, "Mrghrh-- fine..."

As she started to rise, curling out of her blankets, Nyanko hopped to the floor, ready to walk her owner to his food bowl. She stumbled, following behind him, pulling open the message she'd received earlier.

An invitation from Lonzo? This early? NIGHT glanced at the time, looking away with a sigh. Oh. Early comment rescinded.

- - -

After breakfast for Nyanko (All she had to do was shake the bowl; it's not empty, kitty!) and preparing to head out of town, the two made their way over to Horunka. It was surprising that two of the chefs she knew chose this place as their home base, but she wasn't complaining -- it was a good work out for the treats they would provide. She followed the system's tracker, tailing Lonzo over to his shop, and by the door she entered in the given code.

The wooden door swung open, allowing her to enter, and she made it a point to close the door behind her. NIGHT didn't even know doors could be locked like that. She had to wonder if she even needed it in the future.

"Yo!" The woman called out to her friend, at the bar counter. She took a seat on a stool, examining the place with a scan. "So, what's the occasion? Is it about the other day? What was it, caviar?"

@Lonzo

"The caviar comes later. What else strikes your fancy?" he asked as he started to set up his HUD with recopies he had compiled. They didn't give buffs but they tasted pretty good. "Pick a pasta, it's the most fun to show off." he explained. "One with long noodles, you'll love it I promise. You're a bit of practice today for me. Also I wanted to show off what I've been working on, and you're just brutally honest for me to pick you. It's a good thing trust me. Koga is too stoic of I might have asked him. Oh did you see?"

he pointed over at the corner. "I can have karaoke night here. Maybe get some performers famous, and help them out. Man I hope it'll be fun." he said full of excitement then pinched the bridge of his nose. "Sorry....Let me try this again. Good morning NIGHT, how are you today?" he felt so bad about prattling on about his business to the woman. "If you could have any dessert though, anything at all, what might it be? Also what kind of pasta dish?" he asked excited as a puppy dog.

He snapped his fingers and looked up at everything and grabbed a glass and filled it with water from a tap that ran through the table of the bar. 
"Do you take a lemon slice with your water? On the rocks? What else would you like to drink? Coffee, lemonade, wine, bourbon, milk, whatever you'd like I'm sure I could whip it up. Except soda, I haven't figured out the fizzy bit, but if I ever befriend an alchemist I'm sure they'll give me the secret." he hoped.

Edited by Lonzo

The questions about food came in hot and quick; perhaps just this once, NIGHT was thankful for all the time she thought she'd wasted watching those aesthetic cooking videos. "I don't usually eat too much for breakfast," she revealed, "And it's very sweet of you to make me some. Ah..." The woman looked away in thought, leaning onto the counter. "I guess if I had to pick -- a pasta, right? What about seafood spaghetti? Mussels... and calamari sound about right for me." She bowed her head -- a quick gesture. "Thank you very much!"

Her gaze travelled to the stage at the corner. Performers, huh? It sounds like it would be perfect for a young lady she knew. She nodded, before the man corrected himself, and NIGHT found herself smirking. "It's alright, there's no need for formalities like that, but good morning anyway, Lonzo."

"As for dessert, ah-- isn't that a bit too much to eat at once?" She rubbed the back of her neck, alarmed. "Though if you're taking suggestions, oh!" A snap of her fingers. "You can't go wrong with crepe cakes. It... takes a bit of work though, but I don't mind watching you cook." NIGHT smiled, leaning back on her stool. "It sounds like you really enjoy cooking, huh? Were you a chef back then?"

Her eyes widened when Lonzo fired his next round of questions. "E-even down to the drink? You're making me work for this meal, huh?" She placed a hand on her chin, thinking. "Ah... Oh, you know what? White grape juice." The woman let out a sigh, thinking about the canned drink. "I rarely came across it in the real world, I sorta miss it in here. It's not too extravagant, is it?" Then, she chuckled. "There's no need for you to work so hard, y'know?"

@Lonzo

"White...." he thought about all the berries he had come to try from the normal supply of his pub. He looked at the red ones that were dull in taste and tried a few and looked at the mixer and his cocktail shakers. He pursed his lips trying to figure out how to make it clear. He put a few things ina a blender and he paced around and quickly grabbed his shaker and started to make a simple syrup to sweeten it and added it to the shaker before boiling a pot of water and salting it. He placed the mussels in one pot. He liked how quickly the game worked but if he wanted to leave a long laster memory he'd have to make it more flashy.

He opened up his HUD and just had a buffless knife in his hand and tossed it letting it spin in the air and catching the handle. He started humming a quick beat. He put the knife down and started another pot of water and placed a lot of salt in for the pasta he refused to use oil in pasta. It was just so wrong and too starchy for it. He wanted it to be light and not slimy.

For the calarmari put out a pan with some herbs and oil and looked at it. Should he do it raw? He tried to remember how he had it before. That's right white wine sauce, the calamari was cooked. He grabbed the white wine bottle and looked over to NIGHT and gave a confident wink as if to say. Watch this. He took the bottle and with the right amount of force he let it go letting the force spin it down his arm over his chest and to his other hand. He tossed it up in the air letting it spin before catching it and did a few more bar tricks as he got his bearings he added the simple syrup to the mixture as he juggled. Putting three other berries to help turn the liquid clear. It took a lot of experimentation to figure out how to mix things in the game. Sometimes it didn't make much sense, but that just made cooking fun. He poured the drink in a tall glass for her.

"So if you're quick you can do a few fun things with the system. And without armor weighing me down...."

He put in materials into the boiling salted pot.

"It's easier to make art."

He could hear it already transforming in the pot. It was pretty instant in the game so he had to act quickly. He quickly tossed the contents of the pot off to the side in a sweeping circular motion like a wave. He put the pot back on the stove and put the calamari into the frying pan. There was a popping sound from where the mussels were, warning him it'd be soon..
Where he tossed the water up left the area with a blue shimmering light that spiraled into a circle but little by little those blue lights started to elongate into tendrils and he grabbed a slotted toothed spoon to wave it through them keeping them from turning into pasta but keeping them as blue long lights. It mimicked an ocean wave and he quickly used the same spoon to toss up the mussels and as they where in the air they gave a sudden pop opening up almost like flowers. He then tossed up what was in the frying pan. The squid came up sizzled but now larger than before as it entered the wave. Lonzo grabbed the knife and quickly diced it before it could get too far into the ocean like a wave. He threw his knife to lodge it into a wall away from NIGHT. He quickly grabbed the slotted spoon and spun around the wave that had food ready to it. It seemed to go around him in ribbons. He flicked the spoon up and it went flying up to the vaulted ceiling. He looked to NIGHT and winked again enjoying himself as he put on a show. He gave a slight bow, and the blue light formed the pasta over his head. He grabbed a plate from under the bar and took a step back. The noodles came down in a nice spin with the mussels and the calamari on top in a circule alternating between each other. A white souce made with wine paired with it. He set the dish in front of NIGHT and put a red flake pepper shaker next to the dish.

"Would you like grated cheese as well?" He asked with a smile hoping she enjoyed the show.

Whatever Lonzo was doing... it definitely looked complicated. From grabbing a cocktail shaker to adding in things to a blender, to boiling food? It fascinated her with how he was capable of managing these many things in such little time.

Until he brought out the knife.

Right. For a moment, she almost forgot that cooks have to work with that thing.

NIGHT looked onwards, trying to look as natural as possible as he started doing tricks with the dagger -- oh no its in the air oh my god. When the knife was finally set down by the counter, Lonzo began humming, and she felt so much better about being right by his kitchen. An audible exhale. At least out of the whole contact she knew how good he was with throwing and catching objects.

In fact, he showed it off even more. Now her fears turned into curiosity. Was he a magician for a living? No, wait, he said something about moving with the system. Curious. Crafting had never been so animated for her. A part of her felt a pang of jealousy for the chef, but it soothed over as quickly as it came. It was enjoyable to watch him serve tricks, she wasn't going to soil her enjoyment with her thoughts.

When he was done with her drink, he started on the next order, and it was more of a light show than she'd imagined. It was hard to follow, but NIGHT watched the man weave the calamari into the noodles, picking and choosing which sections to slice up. She tensed, watching the blade in his hands cut through air and ingredients, and then froze in place when he launched it elsewhere, sinking it into one of his walls.

Is... Is this building going to be okay? A-am I going to be okay?

With a toss, the food went upwards. Lonzo bowed, seemingly done, as he plated the food when it fell in sequence from mid air. By far, hands down, NIGHT had to admit that this had been the fanciest and most complex preparation of a dish she'd ever seen. She clapped for him, feeling a little conflicted to be the only audience around to see such a magnificent show.

With a slide, the plate of food finally arrived on the counter in front of her, along with her drink.

"N-no cheese is fine!" She stammered out, clearly sweating, either intimidated or impressed. Instead, she dug in immediately, using a set of cutlery nearby.

For food without enhancements, the taste was lovely; moreso than she would've imagined. She added a hint of the red pepper flakes, before taking another bite out of the dish. "I should stop by here more often," she mentioned through a full, chewing mouth. "This is really good. Why aren't you open again? Is today just a private show or something?"

"It's really hard to believe--" she paused to swallow her biteful of food. "-- if you told me you weren't a chef back out there. Do you cook all your own meals or something?" Then a thought came to her mind, and she asked with a chuckle. "Don't tell me you've been practicing showing off with your food the whole time I hadn't seen you!"

@Lonzo

He went over to where the knife was and grabbed the handle. He tried pulling but it wouldn't budge. "Tch....Well....I guess you can stay there then." He went to make himself something simple to eat. Just a regular burger. Finger food he could eat and not get too comfortable with. He smiled as she clapped and tilted his head to watch her eat. His shoulders relaxed and he ate with her. It was nice. Eating with people.

"In the real world? I make my own meals sometimes. Though I've gone out on several occasions. I wasn't a hermit or anything like that." he explained as he ate trying not to tell her too much information. His real-life could alter how people felt about him and that's why he chose to be more like Lonzo. "Oh, I'm closed for a private show. You're my guinea pig." He gently elbowed her when she wasn't chewing or drinking. "If you like it as much as you say this establishment will be more for entertaining. Fancy food and drink served with flair, singers, I want it to be big. No. Huge. One day I'll have this place full every day. That'd, stunt my leveling but." he sighed. "I can't afford to fight and lose. There's something I regret and I have to fix it or....I don't want to think about it." he sighed.

"Have I been, nooo! Okay...Maybe. I mean I have to practice right?" he ate his burger. "You know I'm surprised no one's made a strip club with people dancing in that blue light censorship thing, I mean it's a free light show that sticks to your form." he laughed at the idea. "You know someone has HAD to have thought of it before." he tried to joke about it. "Either way, I like entertaining and having a controlled spotlight. It gets people out of their troubles if only for a little while. That's worth it. Infinitely worth it."

It was amusing (and alarming) to watch Lonzo try to dislodge the knife in his wall. NIGHT continued eating, as the man went to make something simple -- no shows this time, just simple cooking. That was something she was more likely to get behind on. When he was done, she'd been chewing on squid, turning her head to see him take a seat beside her, burger on his plate.

With her question, he gave her an answer that seemed to slide past some details -- actually, any details at all. That felt odd. She swallowed, before gently getting ribbed by her friend. Those were some big dreams he had, proclaiming in wanting to be a castle-reknown restaurant. NIGHT closed her eyes, imagining the rush of people -- sat down, talking, enjoying their meals to a familiar singer. She wondered for a moment if non-players would've stopped by for a visit, even to perform; her guess was a resounding agreement there.

"That'd, stunt my leveling but... I can't afford to fight and lose. There's something I regret and I have to fix it or... I don't want to think about it."

That came as a surprise. She opened her eyes, tilting her head as she looked at Lonzo. "You don't have to. There's also no shame in wanting to hang up your axe for a bit." The woman returned to her meal, getting the last bit of meat out of her mussels. "I think it's noble of you to want such a goal for yourself, y'know? And whatever you have on your mind... It can always come later."

A clatter of metal, as she set down her utensils. Half the meal had been touched, NIGHT feeling full and bashful about her appetite. "Sorry; I guess I'm not used to eating a lot just yet. The meal was nice though." She shot him a grin. "Thank you very much!"

She sipped on her drink as she listened to the man ramble. "The show was good," she quipped, "If you were looking for feedback on it." Her eyes narrowed. "As for the club... I get the terrible feeling that someone's actually already done it. But that's none of my business to pry. I get the feeling it's gotta be in town, though, on the first floor." Another sip. "But don't take my word for it."

NIGHT ended her thoughts with a nod, popping the last berry in her mouth. She hadn't been sure about the drink when she'd seen the wine being poured, but it was rather close to what she had wanted. "It's for a good cause; entertaining people. The best thing you can do is enjoy the process and the smiles on their faces. Which, it looks like you seem to do yourself." She grinned back at the man, adjusting herself on the stool she was on. "Take pride in that, Lonzo. It's a one of a kind passion. So, what's next on your checklist for today? Uh, if it's more meals, you might have to give me some time to recover from the fullness."

@Lonzo

There was so much he wanted off his chest. So much it was gnawing at him. Destroying him. Yet he didn't dare burden someone else with it. He was so use to his mask of being bubbly and flirty to hide so much of it, and to enjoy things he couldn't enjoy in the real world. In the real world he couldn't flirt with anyone and he didn't know how to explain that now that he created this character that he played. He just ate quietly.

"You can keep eating and not worry, it's not like there are real calories in eating here, but if you're full you can stop, but honestly I don't mind if you enduldge. I take it as a compliment either way." He reassured her.

"Hang up my axe? I just have to pick my battles. I want out of here but I can't go on the front lines. It's a weird conundrum that I face. I know I'm strong and will get stronger. If I die here though because I'm stupid. Someone else dies outside of here in a much worse way. I can't go into why or how. It just eats at me. It doesn't help I've been stressed out these past few weeks. I just need a day or something. Like this., You have no idea how helpful it is to just sit and talk about something I shouldn't talk about. I'd hate to have people hate me or use me. It's easy in the real world. I can handle it there. I have-" he stopped short and just ate not wanting to say that either. He didn't want NIGHT to view him differently but he wanted to tell someone. Someone who would listen. Actually listen.

"You're very welcome but I have more for you. Though it's more a gift than it is a pile of food. Would you like it now?" he asked with a smile.

"You really think someone has done it already. Ha, I'm not too surprised. There's a lot of young blood here after all."

"Really? I thought I couldn't flirt. What am I suppose to say with all those compliments?" if he were in his twenties he might be blushing or maybe he'd be working too hard to have noticed. "As for what I'm up to. Just chatting for now. Don't let me keep you though. But you must take your gift if you leave me already."

She understood where the man was coming from, when he put his fears into perspective. In the game, everything could be strategized, calculated. Out in the real world, just like how they got themselves into this mess, it was unpredictable enough to feign ignorance or be unable to prepare for threats of death. NIGHT watched him continue, tilting her head just as Lonzo was about to cut himself short. The mask was beginning to slip again.

"It's alright, you know. To say what's on your mind?" Her fingers tapped the counter in a playful manner, but the tone in her voice was calm and caring. She turned herself on her seat to face the counter again, setting her elbows on its surface. "I could tell you had it rough out there. I mean, you needed a facade to be able to talk to people; that's how bad it got. You don't have to tell me all the intricacies, and I wouldn't want to pry, but..." NIGHT shot her friend a knowing smile. "If you want to talk about how you feel about it, you can take your time. I'm all ears."

"I can take the gift when I leave, I think," the woman added, smiling. "And young blood's just what happens when you put games and fantasies into the hands of the public. I'm more surprised that there's adults who've managed to find time to get this game and play it at launch." She paused, putting a hand to her chin. "Wait-- that's me. B-but to make time for it, specifically, I mean." A nervous chuckle. "Usually, I'd think people were too busy to be taking time off to play games, y'know?"

Then NIGHT folded her arms, leaning forward to meet the counter's edge. Her lashes fluttered as she looked at him with suspicion. "Compliments aren't flirting, are they? They come from the heart, and are genuinely rooted in evidence." She tilted her head again. "There should be a difference, even if I'm not getting it right this time."

"And I'll be glad to stay. Talking like this... I need it as much as you do, I think." She allowed her cheek to rest on a palm, returning a smirk to the man. "I'm actually not supposed to be doing anything right now, so I'm up for whatever's here to kill time."

@Lonzo

There were subtle words that she used that caught his ears and made them burn. Evidence. I need this mas much as you. Other key things. What was she not suppose to be doing? What was going on? There was a war in his own mind about letting people get to close to him and the need for it. He didn't call her here for himself and his stupid emotions rooted into him and ruined it. He wanted to help NIGHT feel better from the evening before and somehow became vain and stupid. His shoulders went up as he realized his own folly in that moment and the two very district sides of himself began to battle it out with neither side actually winning. 

Lonzo: She seemed sad about Yukiro and Tala, I want to get her mind off of things and I'm now busy talking about myself. My emotions do not matter when she's the only person who has helped me in the game. She hasn't taken advantage of me, she hasn't asked for anything and lets me talk to her, it's my duty to help her and make her feel at peace and not have to worry about anything like that.
Lorance: I'm in pain.
Lonzo: It doesn't matter what you are. It's not your prerogative to push your problems onto someone else.
Lorance: If I hurt this much what give me the right to help someone else when I can't fix my own problems?
Lonzo: You'll complicate everything you just need a friend let this be that friend! It won't hurt then!
Lorance: You're right so let me tell her.
Lonzo: No...

For the first time it was reversed. Normally his true self would hide. Let Lonzo the mask be the one who was in the spot light. It was always intentional. Flirting. A cry for help. If he had  nothing to offer or offer everything he had, who would be left? Who would stick around? So far he felt betrayed and used by people he said out loud were his friends. He could see they dealt with everything in their own ways. It didn't matter. Yet. The one hiding was Lorance. Watching. Looking to see who would see Lonzo reaching out and reach out back to him. Everyone was always in their own head space. He couldn't trust people like that. He couldn't work with people like that. Right now. He wanted to open up to NIGHT. But his mask said no. It's reversed. That had never happened. 
It wasn't clear to his heart why his mask did this. The mask used to weed out who he actually trusted. The mask he used to test the intelligence of others. This mask truely protected him, which meant he didn't want her to know him because he was afraid of actually losing the first real friend he had ever met in this game that was real.

"I....C-can we talk about you for a second or two? Usually I'm more prepared when people want to talk about me. Er- it's complicated. I think I just.....I need a friend to have my back, and I know I mean verbally I just....I'm not ready just yet. It's jarring. You were at that party last night. How tense it got....You understand right? Everyone's in their own head. You're the first person I've come across that....I think has a chance of surviving. It's not about drama with you is it? If something bugs you you seem to just.....I don't know. I think I lack so much information on what happened last night that I shouldn't even bother to think about it." he sighed.

He took in a deep breath. He did his best to make due with the situation he was given. It was all he could do. 

"I've been around them. They see the mask and no one.....No one got it....Not that it was the goal...Ah, rambling...." he sighed and rubbed the back of his neck and looked over at her.

He felt his true self become his forefront.

"What does that mean. You're not suppose to be doing anything? Who says? Why not?" it was that word choice that pulled him. "Um, what upset you last night anyway?" he wasn't sorry about all the questions he had, but it'd help him talk.

Edited by Lonzo

Lonzo was silent. For quite a good amount of time. It was rather surprising, as he dipped his sights; NIGHT imagined the man was stuck in his own thoughts. All the while, she waited patiently, eyes shifting to study her environment.

I wonder what he's thinking about. For such a layered person... it's gotta be harsh to figure out who you are inside.

Then he spoke. About not being ready to speak on his thoughts just yet. NIGHT smiled back in understanding. So that was why, huh? I get that. "Don't worry about it. Things like these... Feelings, emotions, traumas... they can't be rushed." Instead, she took hold of her drink again, sipping on it. The woman was glad she hadn't finished it all in one go, earlier.

What was more interesting from his ramble of thoughts was about the announcement from last night. Noctua and Koga, getting engaged. Yukiro and Tala, starting to date. The man had used the phrase 'in their own head' specifically, and NIGHT wondered if for a moment, she would've been classified under that category had Lonzo known her heart had been following someone else at that moment. Her sip was more tentative this time, as she set down the glass on the counter.

"The first person... that has a chance of surviving... not about drama..."

That... that's kind of a... a tall perspective for me, Lonzo...

And... I don't know if I'm okay with that.

M93DW1t.pngThen he said something about his mask. And if NIGHT hadn't been lost in her own thoughts then, she would've said something faster than Lonzo could dismiss them. It deserved a proper response, after all. She tried to shuffle that to the back of her mind, her vision back to the man's concerned face, as he'd asked the questions she had been dreading herself.

She grinned, not really sure how to express herself. About what she'd been up to recently. The... whole premise of it felt bogus to start with, especially with Lonzo's gap of adventuring tied up with the group abandoning him for who-knows-how-long. Her eyelids fluttered, sights casted to the base of their seats touching the floor.

It was time for her to talk.

"Why... why not? Haha..." The woman couldn't help but chuckle with disappointment. "...You might want to sit down for this one."

- - - - -

When Lonzo was ready,EY2oVZp.png NIGHT closed her eyes, thinking when would be a good checkpoint for the man to understand the crux of her problems. "I hope you're fine playing confessional, dude."

"Remember back when you'd invited me to visit the wasp queen? Just the day before... I was doing the same, actually. With... with a girl." The words got stuck in her throat for a moment, but she tilted her head, as if in defeat. It wasn't going to be easy to hide this fact about herself from her friends, and if it had to be anyone... at least it was Lonzo.

"If you have to put me anywhere... you can lump me in with those love-lorn losers too, Lonzo. No need... to be afraid of it. 's not like I'm planning on getting lucky, anyway..."

"But back to my dilemma." She took a sip from her drink, avoiding eye contact with her friend. "I'd told you about... about the person who was hunting me, right? And that I had people on the issue... the day after our mission, we caught wind of them."

"Floor 6. The city of Krycim. White cloak, red dagger, their hood always up..." NIGHT found herself fumbling with her thumbs. "Under the hood was me, Lonzo. My face. My voice. My armor, my weapon. They got under my skin and dug their nails in... just the way I knew I would."

"Incredibly dramatic, too. Gods, if they were me... I wouldn't be in this position now, I think. ... Did you know they had a song setup and everything? F*cker picked a tune I knew, took advantage of my hesitation and jumped at me... Flamboyant a**hole..."

"If I didn't survive, I wouldn't be here right now, I think..." Another sip, tears she couldn't help clouding her vision. "And they would. And they'd take advantage of the fact that we're opening up to each other by now, and... and..."

"And then I pinned them down. I looked at myself right in the face..." Deep, stuttering inhale. "I... I really wondered if I had the courage to kill myself. To see myself fading from this world. A-a death of my own, orchestrated by me..." Sniffle. Warm hands interlocked with each other. "I-I couldn't do it, Lonzo. I couldn't-- I... I let them go."

NIGHT stewed in her own silence, as she took the time to clean up her act. The woman was practically shaking like a leaf by now. Loud ugly sniffles, tears running down her cheeks, the unraveling of multiple stitchings and threads that made up her seams and pulled her together. Unsteady. Unstable. Unreliable.

"A-and and now," she huffed, almost choking on her words again. "T-they might be out there, doing things in my name, things that I-I can't forgive myself for doing..."

It was the truth. It was the whole truth, and nothing else aside from it.

And NIGHT wished she hadn't loosened her grip on herself like that.

He sat down next to her and drank his drink occasionally. He listened to her. Ah, she was interested in a woman. Perhaps she told Yukiro this and that was why he gave it up. It'd be a good reason to stop pursuing her so quickly. Still the relationship of everyone seemed a bit fast for his tastes. Even if he loved the prospect of dates he wouldn't want to be serious. He'd be in it for the fun and would try to make that known so he wouldn't use someone.

"Hey, you'll get the girl NIGHT don't worry." he assured her.

He tilted his head when she said it was her under the hood. How could that be? He started formulating questions in his mind his prosecutor side coming to the front of his mind. Then in a flash it was gone when she explained the person would verbally assult her and would use her friendship with people against her. Was that why she seemed to give false smiles? Smirking all the time? Did it hurt to be happy. Because of fear? He felt his chest tighten at the realization, and the connection he felt so strongly. This was his same issue in the real world. He could never trust people because he wondered what they were after and that he had to be a certain way. So when kindness was given to him he forgot how to smile too. NIGHT must be so anxious and on her toes how could she enjoy even simple pleasantries? His stomach twisted. She wanted friendship as badly as he did. As she stammered that the doppleganger took advantage of how they opened up to each other and her voice hitched he instinctively reached for her. His hand over hers. He gently put the cup down and kept his hand over hers as if to say he was there and protecting her.

A chill ran down his spine when she doubted her own survival in her tale, and he let her take another sip to calm down. His hands feeling ideal as she tried to breath. He watched her put her hands together and watched her. NIGHT let the clone go. He nodded as he listened.
After she was done Lonzo stood up slowly and placed a gentle hand on her elbows.

"Come here." he said in almost a whisper. His tone gentle.

He gently pulled her up and tilted her head up to look at him and started to push the tears away gently with his thumbs. 

"NIGHT, I'm right here. Look at me." He told her. "It's going to be okay. It doesn't have your name right? Besides, even if it knows you, it's not you. It might be close. It might be your fears and it might be some desires but I'll tell you what it isn't. It's not your character, it's not the woman I know. You know who is? You. You let it go because it wouldn't let you go. You're not heartless. You wouldn't kill someone. You wouldn't tare into someone like that. You might tell them to back off but you wouldn't abuse them. You're kind." he put his hands down and took a step towards her and hugged her. "You're okay. I"m right here. I swear to god NIGHT I'm right here." he knew he wasn't strong but strength did not play a roll in this kind of thing and for that he was grateful. "I'm right here and I won't let go.

"NIGHT, I'm so use to to feeling like an island but, remember. When we caught that thief. You and I worked together. It was a feeling I lost as soon as I came here. I thought I'd never have someone tactical and brave at my side. Ready to take down the enemy with me at a moment's notice. We planned and had each other's backs. I'll always have your back. You can count on me. You need me just message me I'll come running." he rubbed her back. "I'm here. I'm here right now. I've got you. I promise." he held her tightly.

He gently rubbed her back as he held her. He didn't dare talk about himself. It wasn't about him anymore.

Lonzo: See....It's not about you.
Lorance:.......
Lonzo: Did you give up?
Lorance: I don't want to complicate things....
Lonzo: ........Seems we finally agree.
Lorance: I can tell her later.
Lonzo: We'll see.....

A gentle thumb, brushing aside the warm tears that had fallen. Lonzo did his best to cheer her up, which was welcome. But there was an undying urge for NIGHT to avoid his gaze, knowing how much he'd cared, not wanting to see pity or misjudgement in his eyes. A loud sniffle and blubber, as she struggled to breath under the pressure. Her shadow wasn't her, he'd told her. That she wasn't heartless, that she would turn the other cheek, that she wasn't a murderer. That she was kind.

Kind, kind... Kind to someone who'd taken advantage of her identity, and was willing to spit in the face of her friends. All of it, just for the sake of... for the sake of...

All the while, she'd gritted her teeth, seeping on air as she let her thoughts trail off, beginning to pick up a chant for herself internally. Her shadow wasn't her. Her shadow wasn't her. Her shadow wasn't her.

Lonzo embraced the woman, and she held onto his back, gripping tightly with her arms. NIGHT didn't want to let go, to be seen straight in the face of someone who'd looked up to her so much. Where would her ego lie in that; what would've become of her dignity? She did her best, trying to still herself from shaking, but it only exacerbated the issue even further. A hiss and a curse -- she was so good at doing those now -- and she buried her face in his arm, doing what she could to avoid ruining his outfit with her fluids.

Her friend recounted, in a soft, tender voice. The hunt for the elf thief back on Floor 3. It wasn't the first thing on her mind, and her head felt numb, but she nodded anyway, attempting to recall at his request. They trusted each other then, with their life.

He was asking her to trust hers with his.

A hiccup, as she leaned further into the hug but trying to loosen her hold. The act of crying taxing enough to eviscerate any argument or signs of dialogue she could've made at that point. All NIGHT could do was nod back, slurring for another breath, feeling the gentle motions on her back.

She would be okay, after this. As her crying died down after a good handful of minutes, she finally managed to pull away from the hug, the woman's eyes burning red, cheeks sore from being pinched and pulled by her emotions. Her form crumpled over her stool, as she reached out to the counter with an elbow for support, trying to hide her messed up face with a hand and a lowered head. There was nothing she felt like saying at the moment; nothing but a few simple words, made out in a strained, quiet voice,

"Thank you..."

@Lonzo

He watched her and placed a reassuring hand on her back and moved to sit next to her while facing the door. He didn't know what she was all thinking but knew how he'd felt if he had been the one to break first.

"NIGHT, help me get stronger so I can walk at your side. When we see your doppelganger, you won't have to defeat her. I'll do it. She's not you. So long as she isn't a player it shouldn't be difficult to convince myself to take it out. I hope it's just a program or some sort of event if you stay in an area to long." he wasn't sure. "If it happens to me I'll call you right away. Should we have some sort of code we tell each other to test to see if we run into that person?" he asked her seriously. "It'd be kinda fun to have our own little code right?" he asked more jokingly to lighten the mood. "Kinda that thing friends or twins sometimes do you know? I'm going to have to watch you in action to see if I can find ways of us to pair up in combat yes? It'd be pretty fun I think." He turned around to face the bar and put his arm over her shoulder. Chuckling a bit. "Hey NIGHT." he leaned into her a bit giving her a gentle bump. "Will you train me? I bet you'd clobber me though. Do people say clobbering? Geez I'm showing my age huh?" he asked trying to lighten the mood again.

He used his free arm to reach over the bar to grab a glass then got up. He let go of NIGHT Just for a little while to get her some water. He put it in front of her. 

"Here, we need to stay hydrated if we want a good completion." it was nicer than saying because crying dehydrates you. Also he was vain like that anyway so it made sense. He got himself a glass and clinked it with hers. He sipped his and lightly rubbed her back again feeling she was calming down.

"What to see your gift? I hope it helps you next time when you're in a pinch. Come on I know you're excited." He lightly bumped arms with her keeping up his good mood. "And, you're welcome, it's what friends are for right? Who knows, one day I'll be in this stat too. I was coming close to it myself. But, right now I feel so much better that, I'm not the only one who sees this place like you do. I see so many people fighting and gloating that I wonder if they only see it through rosey glasses. I've always wondered if my pains and struggles are just my own. But you see things the way I do. It's, nice to know I'm not alone in my head, that I'm not crazy or anything. I should be thanking you really....So...Um....Thank you, you've helped me with my own worries and burdens. I just wanted you to know that." he said warmly.

It amazed NIGHT how Lonzo could still stay so positive given his current situation -- the part where she'd been crying for the better half of the last half hour, at least. Through blurry, puffy eyes she watched him offer his help, seemingly excited about it. How...? The woman shook her head, uncertain of how to respond. "I-I..." A sniffle and a gasp. "I don't want to hurt them... Not... not really..." She stayed quiet, wrestling with the tiredness of the muscles on her face, until her friend had asked her to train him. A shudder, as she sniffled once again, nose running. "I-I can do t-that..." NIGHT wiped her eyes across her sleeve, doing her best to recover. "P-people... still say clobbering, yeah... Y-you're doing fine, don't worry..."

As NIGHT watched the man move back behind the counter to fetch them some water, she grappled with her hands, trying to stop them from trembling so. The refreshment was more than welcome as it slid by her. A clink from Lonzo's glass, before she picked it up and gulped from it greedily. It did wonders to cool her warm face, and she held the glass close for its cooler surface.

When the man slung back around, she nodded and hummed at his suggestion. A gift, right. She'd completely forgotten about it by now. Her agreement was mostly to humor him, but a hint of good news was welcome given her current state.

Lonzo jostled her a little on the arms. NIGHT wasn't sure if the ecstatic behaviour from him was part of getting her to cheer up, or another facet to his facade, but wasn't in a position to complain. He'd said that he had almost broken down just like how she did, how he, too was coping with his own struggles and internal turmoil. She nodded in understanding, too wiped out to interrupt. Then he'd thank her. Why? She hadn't done anything to help, had she? The woman tilted her head in confusion, her movements slower this time. "I-I don't know how I helped, but... I'm glad I could make you feel better this time. A-are you sure? I... basically just cried over your coat... S-sorry... about that."

She fumbled with the glass in her hands, batting at it gently with her thumbs. "P-people've been seeing life here... in rosy glasses... S-sometimes I think they need to...? I-it's hard to explain, like... like they're finding something in their everyday lives t-to keep them rooted, I-I guess..."

"W-we all have our struggles, a-and I'm sure some of us are hard at work b-burying them." A sniffle. NIGHT'd been referring to herself, but she wasn't in the mood to admit that. "B-but taking time to relax with others... t-that's what some of us do too... I-It's alright, I guess; I mean, you're here t-to comfort me today... Thank you a-again, by the way..." Staggered exhale. "I-I'll be fine in a b-bit, I p-promise."

@Lonzo

He was surprised she was trying to make him feel better about his age and smiled a bit. That so so dang endearing. He loved it. It was moments like that that he felt he could actually lower his guard. Of course he could. She was his friend. He just had to accept that. He wanted to work with her. Just like his team back home. He felt his chest get heavy remembering them. They needed him. He needed them. He let out a long exhale. Nothing he could do about that, he reminded himself. He looked over at her and watched her. He knew what she was doing. Calming down with the coolness of it.
"Care for some ice cream? I kind of want some to be honest."

"Ah the gift yes." He opened up his menu and let the present fall onto the counter in a to go box that had a ribbon around it that had the name of the establishment written on it. Then another fell on top of it and another. "There we go." he slid the boxes over to her. "These are for you."

Spoiler

Name: Sushi Lovers Bouquet
Your Profession: Cook
Your Rank: 3
ID: [132309]
Roll: [12]
Item Type: Meal
Tier: 1 
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: 2 Protein 1 Mitigation (+2 dmg, -5mitigation)
Description: Some people give flowers but other use another love language. A meal to heighten the mood but maybe it's not for the better.
Post Link: Link

Name: Cutiekies
Your Rank: 4
ID: [132311]
Roll: [7]
Item Type: Snack
Quality: Uncommon
Enhancements:  1 Vitality Regain (2 per slot * 1) energy
Description: Cutiekies are cute cookies made to make you never want to give up because the person who made it would never let you down
Post Link: Link

Name: Romantic Udon
Your Rank: 3
ID: 131906
Roll: 7
Item Type: meal
Quality: uncommon
Enhancements: Over-Health, Adds +(15 per slot * 1) to your maximum HP. The effect lasts for one thread.
Description: A cute udon soup meal meant to warm you up and give you a kick of health just when you needed it!
Post Link: link

"I haven't been able to make your crepes yet....I'm working on it." it was interesting she was the second person to ask for crepes now. The first being. Ah, that made sense now....

"Yes I'm sure. It takes a lot to get me to be natural. I seem to show people one side of me at a time but, you seem to be able to view me from different angles quicker than I'm use to. At first I didn't like it, but I needed it. Craved it. You'd make a good investigator you know. Though I wouldn't want you taking such a dangerous job." He shrugged a bit. "I feel torn apart sometimes. Between my mask and myself. You'll see my mask first but I think the intentions are my own. I don't want to think about it too long or I'll have a panic attack I think." he was still in disagreement with himself after all.

"Yes, to be happy about...That...Makes sense." His mask was his rosey glasses but he wouldn't say it. "I'll do my best to enjoy it more. Would you care to go to the hot springs with me sometime? I believe you said multiple people could go in." He teased her a bit.

He nodded at her next words and got up and went back behind the bar to fix up some ice cream. This time he wasn't too fancy about it. He made a strewberry smoothie for himself. "Hey what's your poison for ice cream? hm?" he asked wanting to give her something sweet to increase endorphins. There was only so much hugging could get him and he wanted to spoil her a bit still.

"I'm going on a quest to get my familiar. The reason I brought up the hot springs soak is because I'm going to use a shampoo I bought from an alchemist to be more soothing to the creature that I'm trying to befriend. I bet that sounds silly though. Trying to smell good so a mob doesn't try to attack me. Hey be my friend I smell nice." he laughed thinking about it. "Though it's also for me. I haven't had a good enough soak in awhile and I'm at my wits end. I'm not going to wait to get a house I'm going to that bath public or not. I hope it's like the ones in Turkey to be honest. Have you taken a dip?" he tried to make conversation light again.

"I-ice cream?" NIGHT's spirits seemed to perk up at the sound of it, her eyes widening. She paused, wondering if her friend would pick up on her child-like enthusiasm, and cautiously nodded her head back at him with a nod. "Ice cream... always helps. D-do you have vanilla?"

She hadn't expected the present Lonzo'd been talking about to be three whole boxes of items -- they stacked on top of each other menacingly, appearing to wobble as they fell. With a yelp, the woman instinctively reached out as he'd slid the tower over, ensuring they weren't going to topple with two hands around the structure. With a sigh, she looked them over, blinking the weariness away hard. "They seem nice," NIGHT commented, content. She hadn't expected her friend to be this generous with gifts. "T-Thank you very much for them all, I really appreciate it."

And to hear that he'd have more treats to serve her was heart warming. "You really don't have to do that, y'know?" A smile, pulling her stiff cheeks upwards. "J-Just the thought of them is well enough."

NIGHT deposited them into her inventory, closing her eyes. "I'll be s-sure to make good use of them." Another eye rub. She was slowly regaining her hold on her mood over time. "Investigator? I-I mean, that's what I was, b-before I grew into a fighter. I-In the game, I mean." She cupped a fist, rubbing her thumb in circles around her skin gently. "I doubt it was as dangerous as in real life, though. And hey, it's alright... you don't have to think about right now. T-Take your time."

The woman furrowed her brow at his suggestions, looking up from her hands. An uncomfortable murmur as she slunk back, feeling the counter's edge meet her back. "Public bath," she corrected. "It's gender locked there. I-I'm not too keen on showing up at a co-ed hot springs though." More fumbling with her fingers, as her gaze went back down to them.

With Lonzo's intentions further revealed, it made more sense why he'd asked, but his words still bothered NIGHT slightly. Nothing they could do about that. "I haven't... seen a hot springs yet, n-no, inside nor out." Her vision went dark as she thought once more. "I'd like to visit one... if possible. B-but right now I'm much more curious about the familiar you'd be looking to get." She tilted her head, looking back at the man. "Have you given any thought to the creature you're planning to look for?"

@Lonzo

He smiled and got to work on getting her a ice cream cone.

"You know in Turkey they have one of the best ice creams that doesn't melt easily but it's not bothersome on the teeth, well aside if you have issues with your teeth already. To me ice cream always has a freezer burn like taste to it. Which I've found unpleasant so I stick with gelato from Italy, but on one of my visits to Turkey I got to try Dondurma. It was amazing, the preference was amazing, and the ice cream was amazing. It's almost like mochi consistency but not. It's hard to describe. I love Turkey. The bath houses are amazing too." he handed her the cone. "One vanilla ice cream." he smiled.

He looked over the contents and nodded. "Anything to help. Not only will it help you when you need it to, but you'll be thinking of me when you eat it. Double win for me at least. I'd help out any time. Send me a mail of buffs you'd like for me too cook up and I'll try to keep a steady supply in my shop, maybe other customers would like it too. The more people I get in asking for food the better I'll get as a cook of course, and for me that's everything if I want a house."

He stared at her then realized she meant she was an investigator in this game as well not in the real world. Lonzo just nodded happy that he had still some time to open up to her. He wasn't sure when he'd do it though but he knew he'd have to eventually, just, not yet.

He tilted his head. Was she honestly self conscious? She was gorgeous though. He didn't get it. "I...Was teasing you....Ah, we aren't close enough for me to joke. Sorry about that." he thought about it. "I'm still use to donning my mask even if I let it slip off around you. I'll try to do better with that. I'm sure if we hang out more that won't happen. At least I'd like to hope so." he felt a bit bad about it now seeing her fumble so much. He didn't want the woman to hate him.

"I don't know what it is. There's small horned birds that seem to eat these eggs. It's said they eat their own young so I want to steal one and see where it gets me. I don't want whatever it is to go extinct and I doubt it's that very same bird. Just a hunch though. It might take me time to track down too. Wish me luck." he hoped he'd have it. 

"Ah, before I forgot. If you ever want to have a sleep over let me know. I'll park myself in my armor in front of the door like a big anchor. I'm use to it trust me." he chuckled. "I'll always be around if you need me...Just don't laugh to hard when you see me braiding my hair." he said nervously.

Ice cream from Turkey. NIGHT barely recalled a memory, in which she had her eyes set on a stall offering the product. Unfortunately, that day didn't make way for her to enjoy the treat, but she nodded nonetheless, listening to how the ice cream differentiated itself from their other more commercially-available cousins. A mochi-like consistency was the closest solid description for her to imagine. "Don... Dondurma," she repeated, wondering if she'd gotten the name right, before Lonzo extended a hand, offering her a cone. "Oh, that was fast. Thank you very much." She took a look, spinning it around to check for any melting points, before taking a bite from the top.

Satisfying.

"I never thought cooking in this game was so complex, to be honest." The woman took another gulp of her dessert, before continuing. "--Not only do you put in a lot of work on your show, there's quite the varied selection of dishes to make. And sure, I don't mind offering any further feedback. I just need to know how cooking works first..."

House, house. They'd briefly mentioned wanting to discuss it during their previous meeting, but hadn't had a chance to do so. "What kind of place are you looking to get?" NIGHT twirled the cone in her hands, biting off its melted sides with a scary amount of confidence for someone unused to the cold. "I... was thinking about an apartment for myself. I was already used to those back home, and they're rather convenient. Small spaces, enough room for the essentials. But... there's more you can do with a yard... right?"

Her eyes were too focused on examining the sides of the ice cream for a bit, not hearing a reply about her work done with regards to the past two years. Perhaps she shouldn't have expected otherwise -- the odd job here and there felt like a normal occurrence at this point, and there wasn't much to say about errands like those.

Instead, NIGHT shook her head when she noticed the disappointment in Lonzo's voice, his joke not landing right. "I-It's cool. Sorry... stuff like that's still a sore point for me..." Her thoughts were scattered when it came to that subject, uncertain of how to proceed, but she understood where the man was coming from. It must've been like second nature by now to him.

About his familiar, Lonzo brought up a sighting of birds eating eggs. It was... strange? She hadn't exactly been this observant about her surroundings, and felt impressed with his perception. Biting down on the side of a cone, she nodded back, wondering what the outcome might lead him to. "I should stop by for a visit," she commented between munches. "When you finally get your hands on it. I wonder what it is... Good luck, Lonzo."

"And a sleepover...?" NIGHT tilted her head, wondering with a chuckle. "It's alright. My workshop's not too far from here; I'll be able to make the trip back safely, I'm sure. And I won't judge your hair braids, promise. I'm sure they look great on you."

She popped the last of her ice cream cone into her mouth, enjoying the delicacy with slow chewing. A smile forming upon her lips. "Dessert was absolutely lovely, Lonzo; thank you very much. It... really helped cheer me up."

@Lonzo