[PP - F2] Dragon Tales

fantasy_mountains_painting_by_viijigsaw_d45l467-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MzE3IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvN2VkNjI5ZGMtYTJjZi00MGJmLWE0OTktYThjZTNiMjIyYjQyXC9kNDVsNDY3LTM4NjY3ZmRkLWU1ZDctNDIwNi1hY2ZiLTljYmU2MzMzOGZhYS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9OTAwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.kKOk4LL2e5ePWHQOYR3KtqRiTHDzvE_BHp9wSSRx62g
I wish, I wish....

The second floor was a bustle of activity, as it always seemed to be in the middle of the day. While it still didn't match the crowds of the first floor (considering the number of players still unwilling to travel at all), it was plenty lively. In fact, it was busy enough that the dull roar was enough to distract from the stifling silence hanging between Alkor and Lessa. The latter stepped from the teleport gate and strode purposefully into the crowd. A quick glance over her shoulder revealed her companion flanked her, but she did not slow. If she slowed, she might stop. If she stopped, she might be forced to reckon with all he'd just told her.

Years and years spent believing something, only to have it shattered within the span of a single minute.

Such things had a way of bringing Lessa to her knees, but she wouldn't fall victim to her extreme emotions again. Considering how uncomfortable they made Alkor, she might push him away again, and - No. It hadn't been her fault after all. But would she ever stop blaming herself, and defaulting to this line of thinking? Could she, after years of keeping her feelings closely guarded, for fear of sending someone else running?

A flashing icon indicated a new message, and Lessa read it without changing her stride. After it was finished, she nodded, and dismissed the box with a flick of her wrist. "Convenient," she murmured. "It's my info broker. He has a lead on the next dragon." She tilted her head in thought, and added, "I wonder if he already got word we killed the first one."

Yui's Grace Applied

Spoiler

Level: 41 | HP: 820 | Energy: 82 | Base DMG: 12 | Base MIT: 72 | Acc: 4 | Thorns: 2 | Heavy Momentum: 1 | Bleed: 1
2HSS [5] | Heavy Armor [3] | Protector Familiar [3] | Survival | Howl | Precision
Scarecrow’s Twin [+2 DMG/+1 BLD] | Rose Gauntlets [+2 Thorns/+1 HM] | Rosebud Charm [+3 ACC]

Housing
Rested: -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat.
Relaxed: Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Clean: The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down).
Col Stash: +5% bonus col from monster kills and treasure chests.
Multipurpose: Gain +1 to LD, Stealth Rating, Stealth Detection, or Prosperity to one post in a thread. Can be applied after a roll.

He spent a brief amount of time after his run in with Lessa's new friend Bahr on this floor. The conversation and altercation between the two men could remain secret for all he cared. Whether Bahr had disclosed it or not was unclear, and Lessa hadn't treated him any differently for it if he had.

However, the conversation between them had left things icy. Truths lost for multiple years within Aincrad had thawed and come to the surface like a great glacier sundered by the climate. Water levels had risen and Alkor began to drown. It seemed Lessa felt the effects as well.

"They're good with information, but I doubt they're that well informed. Unless they have someone watching you." He didn't think that was realistic. No info broker was that invested in a single client. "It's possible that they started digging so they could profit further. That's much more likely."

He rested his forearm on the hilt of his blade and shifted his weight onto his right foot. "Second floor's not much less tame than the first," he said. "Shouldn't be a bad time here, either."

@Lessa

Alkor 

level 25

510/510 HP 50/50 E

6 Base Damage | 36 MIT | 3 EVA

Ornate Scimitar (vanity) | Nightmare Bomber (2 MIT | 1 EVA) t2 | Vagabond's Mark (3 EVA) t1

Rank 4 Curved Sword | Rank 3 Light Armor | MOD: Athletics

Lessa gave a half-hearted, distracted shrug. "Maybe they're watching me," she answered. "I have no idea what those guys do for fun." But after a moment of walking in silence, she sighed, nodded. "Yeah, you're probably right. They wouldn't have any reason to keep tabs on us. It must just be a coincidence. Weird timing."

Questions continued to churn, swimming just beneath an exterior she fought to keep still. She wanted to question him, to demand an explanation, to ensure that he wasn't just feeding her lines to appease her. Was he only telling her what she wanted to hear in an attempt to renew their dead friendship? It wasn't a stretch to consider the relationship as dead and buried as Alkor himself had once been. A small part of her insisted it should stay that way; she'd be better off without him. Could it be possible that he'd made up that story about Daeron simply to explain his bad behavior?

Or was he being honest with her? Even a sliver of truth meant she'd spent years blaming herself for something she hadn't done. All those nights, lying awake, hating herself for reasons she couldn't fully comprehend. Had those hours of unrest been over nothing?

Honestly, both were equally hard to believe.

"It's been a while since I hit up the second floor," she stated conversationally. "I never really did too much here. And I've spent most of my time on the higher floors the past couple of years. Have you gotten up there yet?"

"I went to see what it was like," he answered honestly. "And to check to see how far behind I had fallen. I didn't want to believe it was as much as it actually was. Some part of me wanted to think that I was important, and I'd had an actual impact on clearing floors."

Now I know better. It's not about one person, no matter how good they are. If we don't all work together, if not every one of us survives, we lost something important along the way.

But I can't just say that to Lessa. The last thing she remembers is me not being here. Me not being there when she needed me. Me failing to protect her, the way I always said I would.

All because I let some psychopath provoke me.

"If not for some weird guy who punched me in the face, I probably wouldn't have survived. Oh well," Alkor gave a half-hearted shrug. He didn't really want to get into that. "Lesson learned. I'm not heading that way again any time soon, I don't think."

Alkor turned his gaze toward the fields outside of Urbus. He had spent some time here recently. The Wasp Queen field boss, in particular. It wasn't far out, so he technically had invested no real time on the floor since back then.

"I haven't spent much time here since before the Hydra boss," he told her honestly. "So, I guess we're both out of practice?"

@Lessa

“Weird guy who punched you in the face?” Well that was a sentence she didn’t hear every day. She cut Alkor a sideways glance, doing her best to mask the curiosity with casual interest. “That’s pretty bizarre. What happened?”

While Lessa was well aware that Alkor couldn’t feel pain within Aincrad, faint tensions of concern still managed to slip into her voice. “What the hell kind of mad man just punches people like that, anyway?” The urge to ask him if he was alright still dogged her, but she managed to avoid the overbearing question. She wouldn’t be so motherly this time around, she’d already promised herself that. In fact, there was a whole slew of things she would do differently this time.

“Yeah,” she agreed, moving the topic of conversation along when enough time had passed. “I’m pretty out of practice. I haven’t been as... sedentary as you, obviously. But I haven’t been nearly as active as I should have been. I should be a much higher level that low 40s right now. There are people who are twice that.” The notion coaxed a wince out of her. “I need to do better.”

What was his name again? Yeesh. How did I forget that? He was pretty weird looking, and I swear it sounded like something important...

I guess I just wanted to forget. It wasn't my favorite run in with another person while I've been in here. 

"Yeah, I kind of thought he seemed unstable. First he helped me, then he got mad at me when I introduced myself. I didn't really get it. But it's no big deal." Alkor shrugged. "I'm alive, whether or not he would have preferred it otherwise."

He heard he say her level was somewhere in the forties and he frowned. He was nearly twenty levels behind her now. It used to be very different. "Doesn't sound like you need someone to jump in the way of swords anymore, ha ha ha..."

...ha...

Not like I've been any good for that lately, anyway.

"So, what does your broker have to say about this dragon?" he asked, changing the subject in a very obvious manner.

@Lessa

“Yikes,” came her answer as she shook her head slowly. “Sounds like a whack job. Why in the world would he get mad when he heard your name?” She chewed on the thought for a moment, then suggested, “Maybe he mistook you for someone else? He heard your name, and assumed you were someone he had a problem with?” She shrugged. “I’ve got no idea. That’s weird. Hope crazy guy stays away from me, because I don’t want to get punched.”

She hadn’t noticed that they’d fallen into step, matching each other stride for stride as they left the city behind. Despite the vast levels and years between them, they were slowly falling back into a routine. Whether that routine would culminate in his leaving again, Lessa couldn’t be sure. But that thought, that fear, was always present. At his comment, all she could offer was a humorless half-laugh; she couldn’t tell if he was being serious, or mocking her somehow.

So she moved on. “He doesn’t have a whole lot,” she confessed, “just a general location. I figured we could cut through the High Fields of Crossing to get there faster.”

"Makes sense to me," he mumbled uncertainly. She was different now, and in a way that he could actually get a sense for. It wasn't what she was saying so much as the mood that surrounded her. They weren't the same two people they had been when they first met. Distrust and despair had wedged their way between the two Players, and there was a high chance that things would never be the way they had been before again.

Alkor didn't glance back at Lessa, this time. There was no reason to voice concerns about the obvious. Things were estranged, and they were going to be that way, because it made sense for them to be that way.

Instead, he glanced toward the High Fields of Crossing in the distance and shoved his hands in the pockets of the jacket that crazy man had thrown at him. "Then, we'll pick up the pace and get through with this so we can get to the next dragon in record time."

The way he spoke, one might have believed he already knew where the dragon they were looking for was. In reality, he just wanted to not be there, in that emotionally awkward situation. He knew he didn't have the words to offer her, or comfort to give. She probably had somewhere to find those things now, and she certainly didn't want them from him.

Some friend I am.

@Lessa

His words coaxed forth a small smile. "Get to the next dragon in record time?" she echoed. "How many of these do you think we can get through today?" Other players milled about, some solo, some moving in small parties. Judging by the wide variety of gear types, both high and low level players were represented. Despite the years that had passed, many still moved with purpose. The slips of conversations she caught were lively, and more than a few laughs filled the warm air. So carefree, she thought to herself, and something tightened around her heart.

"Remember this place?" she asked suddenly. "I'm pretty sure you and I met up here once. I can't remember why, exactly. I think I just wanted to spend time with you." When she looked at him, her smile was distant, a little sad, but present nonetheless. "Just sitting around, talking. Doesn't seem like people have time for that sort of thing anymore."

The breeze blew her ragged bangs into her eyes as she turned to survey their surroundings. Similarly, it raked through the long grass, giving the impression of waves rolling across the field. When she spoke, her tone held none of the brilliance that surrounded them. "And here we are again. Funny how so many things change, but some just stay the same."

He remembered, slightly. They met up for things he couldn't recall now on multiple occasions. Lessa wanted to build a guild of friends, and make new friends, and survive in a world that didn't seem to want them to survive. He scarcely remembered, because he wasn't the most active member, and he wasn't close with any of the other members.

Alkor just remembered being around Lessa. He had always shown his obsession with becoming strong and worn it like a badge of honor. Lessa just wanted to help people. It didn't have to be on the Frontlines, and she didn't have to be the strongest Player. They were different that way.

She was even honest now, that she just wanted to spend time with him back then when he was just in a hurry to be somewhere else. She knew it too, and she was still patient, still persistent.

"I don't think I ever had time," he replied. "I don't think I ever gave myself time. I was on a mission in my head, and every second I spent doing anything else was a waste. Even if I was wrong, even if it wasn't. I couldn't see anything but the other side, and a world beyond this one."

@Lessa

Silence, years, and what seemed a million miles hung between them as they walked. They'd been friends the last time they'd crossed this stretch of land together, but now... well, Lessa had no idea. He was still impossibly important to her, and likely always would be. But was that the extent of it? And what did that actually entail? Stop, she scolded herself, jaw clenching and unclenching. She refused to waste time wondering what she meant to him. Too many hours had been lost to that exact purpose, and it had all been in vain. If he wanted her to know, he'd tell her.

Or he wouldn't.

Neither would be her fault.

"I don't think you were wrong," she finally answered. "You've got something to fight for out there. So do I. That's not a bad place to find motivation." Before she could stop them, her thoughts turned to Bahr. He was worth fighting for. But how could she explain such a thing to Alkor, when Bahr himself didn't know how much he meant to her? "But I also think that's half the battle, no pun intended. You can have a purpose, but you still need support - a foundation of some sort. Without it, you'll run yourself ragged."

The woman shrugged, twirled a hand in the air. "Granted, that's just my two cents."

"No, you're right," he said softly as he looked toward the horizon. The sun washed over twenty or more Players, all united in the fact that they were trapped in this world together. They wouldn't get out alone: when the world was cleared, it would release them all as a singular, sweeping victory. If they died alone, then that was all they could achieve, and it would be done just the same. Alone.

Alkor had learned in a single, terrifying instant that there was a limit to what he could do all by himself.

"It's stupid to think one person can save the whole world by himself." He half shrugged as he made the admission. Alkor turned his eyes back toward the path ahead, but didn't bother to make eye contact with Lessa again. She was probably already smirking at him in her goofy, "what the heck is this, who are you and what have you done with Alkor" sort of way. "We're all a team, even if we're not always working together, and whether or not we all know it. Some of us serve utility purposes, others are combatants. That's just how it worked out."

He didn't want to say much more than that. The rest, what was left in his mind, all sounded so emotionally driven. Alkor wasn't sure how she would respond to it. But he decided to say it all anyway. "Even then, even when I told myself I didn't have time, I still made time for you. I said I'd protect you, and I think I was hurt when someone told me you didn't want that. I thought you hated me, and that the only friend I'd ever made on my own didn't want me. So, I tried... I tried to take it all on myself, like I always do..." He stopped and shook his head. "Forget it, forget I said anything. I sound insane."

@Lessa

"Yeah," she agreed, voice as soft as the sunlight spilling over them. An even softer smile graced her lips, and though the expression was subtle, it managed to reach her eyes. "Yeah, you do sound insane." Perhaps it was cruel, but she indulged herself in a few beats of quiet before continuing. "But only because what you're saying doesn't sound like the Alkor I knew at all."

She drew in a deep breath, held it, then exhaled."It's not a bad thing though, that you've changed. Or you haven't, and I'm just seeing a side of you I hadn't before." Long grasses whispered around her as her boots sliced through them, but she did not drop her gaze. Alkor was content to look away, but she wouldn't. Finally, he was willing to talk straight, so she would pay him the same curtesy. "It's nice to hear you talk like this. I'm less worried that you'll do something stupid when you recognize the importance of teamwork."

But that wasn't all. That wasn't even the start of it, that long list of things she wanted to say to him. The well ran too deep, filled to overflowing with the emotions she'd never properly worked through. It would take time, and a steady hand, to unload it all. "I'd rather not forget it, though," she finally told him. Her cheeks warmed with the words, but she forged on. "I didn't know I had hurt you. I didn't know I could." Something between a smirk and a grimace appeared as she added, "Don't hate me, but I'm almost impressed that I was able to have that effect on you. You always held me at arms length, and I wasn't sure if I made you feel anything.

She fell silent then, trying to organize her words in a way that might make this go down easier, for both of them. She'd already come on too strong, but she wouldn't allow herself to be sorry for it. Just as he'd changed, so had she, and resorting back to the emotionally meek version of herself would be doing them both a disservice. "I appreciated your offer to protect me," she said, and meant it. "But it wasn't what I wanted."

Time for the plunge.

"Alkor, Daeron was wrong. He was wrong to talk to you at all, and his information wasn't accurate either. When I say I didn't want your protection, it's because I wasn't looking for a savior. I didn't need someone to walk ahead of me, take the blows for me, or keep me from falling. What I needed was for someone to let me fall, but be there to pick me up. Someone to stand beside me. Not a protector, but a partner. You shouldn't have taken it all on yourself, because I never wanted that for you."

She paused to loose a small sigh, and rake her hands through her long hair. "Maybe I'm just understanding this all now," she concluded, "and maybe none of it matters anymore. I don't know. But I wanted you. I never stopped wanting you. You were the last good thing about this place, and when I lost you, I lost a part of me. Now you're back, and yeah, I don't think you're going to exactly fit the hole that you left. But... I'd still like to try."

He listened to her words with an expression caught between his normal stoicism and astonishment. It was like he couldn't decide whether or not to give himself over fully to one or the other, and his mind kept replaying the same frame over and again. Reality and his own perceptions came into conflict, and suddenly Thom was questioning everything he thought he had known, moreso than before.

All of these things came so quickly, he couldn't formulate a response to any single thing. It wasn't anything he completely understood. There was so much information to process, and he wasn't sure what exactly Lessa meant when she said she wanted him. She'd mentioned love once, and he'd questioned that, but he doubted that she meant quite what he thought. Now, she spoke of a desire that had been, gone, and might never be the same.

Alkor only ever remembered the woman as his friend. His very best friend in all of Aincrad, and the person he wanted to make sure never had to suffer the way she had again. What he did understand, was that right now, Lessa was telling him that everything was wrong, but she was most definitely hopeful that they could make it right.

That, he could agree with.

"There was probably a lot neither of us said," he admitted at last. "A lot of things that neither of us knew, and things we wanted, but never voiced. Lots of miscommunication."

His voice grew softer. "That's not abnormal. It happens a lot. My family has always had a communication problem. I think I'm the first one who can honestly say it was genetic and not mean it ironically, though." He folded his arms, turned to face her, and nodded. "But that's not happening again. I'm going to make sure that I'm open and honest from now on, and I'm not going to take what anyone says at face value without going to the source first ever again."

Lessa was twirling her hair- was that something she had always done? He had seen her do it before. Well- best not to point it out to her.

"I don't know what you want, exactly," he said honestly, "but, if it's to be friends, then we're definitely on the same page." Alkor reached out his hand to shake. "My name's Thom," he told her. "I'm a shut-in from the Southern US, and I'm horrible with people."

Well, he wasn't running for the hills. That, she decided, was progress.

In fact, he was responding much better than Lessa could have anticipated. Had she been wrong in her initial impressions of him? Maybe he truly was willing to change, and put the effort in.

Within the span of a couple minutes, Alkor revealed more to Lessa than he had in the months before his death. It was, in a word, overwhelming. But she knew it was infinitely harder on him than it was her, so she simply let him speak. And though words threatened to rush from her like the swell from a burst levee, she began with only a smile. "It's nice to meet you, Thom," she answered, and when her hand met his, a sudden jolt shot through her. Their first contact in years proved he was truly alive. The next step was to determine what that meant for them.

"I'm Alyssa," she told him, releasing his hand to tuck blonde hair behind her ear. "Social studies teacher from the Midwest, and I can be a bit clingy. I'm working on it though, so no need to kill yourself a third time on my account."

Something about hearing his name, after all this time, left Lessa feeling lighter. If she had her way, they'd have left it at that, and gone on fighting dragons with this new understanding between them. But he'd been truthful with her, and she needed to tell it all.

"In the spirit of being honest with each other," she began, "I'd be lying if I said I hadn't hoped for more. Back then, I mean." She reached back to rub at her neck. "And when you found... that with someone else, I had a tough time. It made it harder for me to grieve your death, which is actually something I just realized recently."

What she didn't recognize, however, was the light that came into her blue eyes when she said, "But I don't want that from you anymore. I don't need it. I guess I never really needed it, but... I found it somewhere else. And this one's right." She motioned to him. "You and I, we probably wouldn't have been right. I just never wanted to admit that." Her gaze finally broke from his, moving to the sky with its lazy clouds and warm sun. The latter matched the blush on her cheeks as she concluded, "We really are better off as friends, aren't we?"

Alkor watched the sky lazily for a moment as he considered her words. She had been under all the wrong assumptions, yet back then, all anyone ever had to go off of were those assumptions. He had never opened up. He had never given them a cause for peace of mind. To shatter that here and now, to offer up peace of mind for then- would it give it now?

Somehow, he knew better. "Not that it helps now," he said calmly, "but I just had to have this conversation with Mari, too. I shouldn't have led her to believe that I had feelings for her. I shouldn't have allowed her to entertain that idea at all. I was pushed under stress into a situation where we were alone, and we spent time together, and I was still confused and hurting. I said things, did things I didn't have my heart in. No one deserves that."

He glanced her way. "I don't think I've ever felt romantic feelings in my life," he told her honestly. "I think I understand the basic idea of love, with how my grandmother accepted me like her own child and raised me, but I know that's not the same thing. I wouldn't want to marry my grandma."

Alkor scratched his head. "I think what I'm trying to say, is that in terms of love and romance, it's definitely better you found someone who can offer you that. I wouldn't be able to, and I wouldn't want to lie to you about it, either." He looked toward Lessa. "I think I'm only good to anyone as friends, honestly. But that's fine with me. I've never wanted anything other than that."

@Lessa

"Heh, yeah," came her soft half-laugh, "marrying your grandma would be pretty weird. But hey, I don't know what y'all do down there in the south."

She blew out a breath, bad joke doing nothing to make the pill he'd handed her easier to swallow. "Looks like I spent a lot of time believing false truths." She shifted to mirror his stance, crossing her arms against her chest. Her child development classes had taught her that this pose was a defense mechanism, meant to close oneself off from whatever made them uncomfortable. For this reason, she was always aware of her urge to stand this way. She did it anyway. "You, her, why you left. A lot of things I didn't need to blame myself for. But hey, at least I know now."

Her jaw worked as she stared at the sky, sorting through what he'd told her. All thoughts of dragons left her as she remembered her new promise to him. Open. Honest. "I'd say I feel bad for Mari, hearing all that from you." She gave an absent shrug. "But yeah, no. I don't." Bitterness roiled in her gut, but none of it leaked into her tone. Instead, her face remained placid. "You know, I didn't even have a problem with her back then. But when you died, she was the one who was comforted. She was a wreck, and reasonably so, because she was your girlfriend. I had no idea what I was to you, so I wasn't sure what I was allowed to feel."

With that weight now off her shoulders, she gave them a quick roll. "Water under the bridge," she stated. "I won't even try to change your mind about romantic feelings. I think I would have tried to, back then. But not now. You're not broken just because you don't feel in the same way I do."

He considered it for a moment. "I don't... know how bad I feel about it, beyond the fact that I lied, and she got strung along. There was a lot of peer pressure and coercion that went into facilitating that situation to begin with. If things had proceeded as they had from the moment I met her, nothing would have ever happened."

Alkor stroked his chin. "In fact, I'm fairly certain that things have circled back around and I'm as ambivalent about the whole thing as I was. But, that doesn't change that you felt the way you did. And I can't do anything about that."

He gave a slight shrug. "I honestly think you're better off not trying," he said, "because this works out better for us in the long run. It sounds like you're happy with this other guy, and to be perfectly honest, this world, every worry I have about getting back to the other one- I'm in no frame of mind for discovering myself or an interest in anyone else. I don't need fixing. I just need freedom. And I think that's true for all of us."

The swordsman took his blade from his belt and thrust it forward. "I just want to move forward. I'm done looking back, you know?"

@Lessa

Her eyebrows winged up as Alkor spoke, but she quickly schooled her expression into something more neutral. So he wasn't going to stand up for her, or try to justify the atrocities she'd committed? A slow-burning relief spread through her, and when she looked to her companion again, it was with new appreciation. Maybe he really had changed. Maybe all of this talk of forgetting the past, and moving forward, wasn't simply lip service. That would be really, really cool.

"I used to think you needed fixing," she confessed, riding this train of open honesty until the absolute final stop. "But that was wrong. I should have respected you for who you were. I'm going to get better at that, going forward."

The pair had reached the opposite edge of the clearing, and as their reward, Lessa found the golden dragon. Zylara was a bit bigger, but like the first dragon, it was adorable. "Oh no," the blonde muttered, "I'm not falling for that again."

Scarecrow's Twin twirled, glowing as Lessa activated Galaxy Destroyer. She watched the creature's health plummet into the red with only a sliver of guilt.

Spoiler

[H: 0Lessa: HP: 820/820 | EN: 70/82 | DMG: 12 | MIT: 72 | ACC: 4 | THNS: 36 | HM: 1 | BLD: 24

Lessa used [x13] Galaxy Destroyer-12 EN (decreased due to housing mod)

Zylara - the Quartz Hatchling HP: 175-121=36/100 | DMG: 65 | MIT: 35 | ACC: 1| ID: 133048  | BD: 3+4=7, Hit for 12x13=156-35= 121 DMG
MD: 4+1=5 Miss

He wasted no time as she finished speaking and began to charge his Sword Art. The system responded the instant Lessa struck the first blow, and Alkor screamed past her at top speed, unleashing an onslaught of four vicious strokes, each passing through the body of the enemy and leaving red streaks in its wake.

The Dragon bust into pieces that flitted upward all around him, and he turned to face the woman with a placid expression. "I appreciate that," he said his lips splitting to reveal his teeth. "Because I'm finally starting to feel pretty good about who I am."

Even if the ride up to this point has been pretty bumpy.

He hefted the blade over his shoulder and shifted his weight to one foot. "Looks like that makes two down and how many to go...?" he inquired. As he spoke, he looked around for the jewel that they had come for, seeking to add it to their slowly growing collection.

@Lessa

Alkor 510/510 HP 50/50 E | 6 DMG | 36 MIT | 3 EVA

Alkor activates <<Butterfly Illusion>>

ID# 133050 result: 9

Lessa: HP: 820/820 | EN: 70/82 | DMG: 12 | MIT: 72 | ACC: 4 | THNS: 36 | HM: 1 | BLD: 24

Zylara - the Quartz Hatchling HP: (6×8= 48+1=49) 0/100 | DEAD

Edited by Alkor