[F04 - PP] Third Time's The Charm, Hopefully «Feeding your Enemy»

Spoiler

Level: 16
HP: 320/320
EN: 32/32
DMG: 10 || MIT: 9 || REGEN: 1 || LIGHT MOMENTUM: 1 || LD: 6 (3+3)

Skills:
» Curved Sword - Rank 1
» Katana - Rank 4

Equipped:
» Kiba [Perfect Katana [Damage // Damage // Damage]]
» 
Mythic Jacket [Uncommon Light Armor [Mitigation // Regen // Light Momentum]]
»
 Golden Rabbit's Foot [Perfect T1 Trinket [Loot Die // Loot Die // Loot Die]]

Battle Ready Inventory:
» (1) Spyglass [1 Charge left]
» (1) Crazy Lucky Hot Dog
 [3 LD]
» (3) Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)
» (5) Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP)
» (1) Tier One Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP)

Okay, this time was the charm right? Of course, she was going after this familiar way later than she had planned after that second try, but that was because she was a dumb ass and tried to break her brother up with his girl and then get everyone killed. Did she fail to mention that even she fell for someone? All fun right? Not really. She felt like crap and wanted to talk to her brother, make things better between them, or at least, she was hoping to be able to.

To: Koga,
Hey big bro, I don't know if you want to attempt this again, but I think I managed to get myself some good luck to try and find my wolf. If you wanna come join me, I'll wait at the teleporter in Snowfrost.

She sent that message to him before she grabbed two things from her inventory. The first being the spyglass that her brother gave her before, it had a single charge left, and she used it. She watched as the item turned to fragments the moment she did that and she sighed. The next thing was the hot dog in her hand. She unwrapped it and started to eat the snack as she waited for her brother to either show up, or send her a message to tell her to go on her own. Either one she would accept and she wouldn't fight at this point.

@Koga

Spoiler

Items Used:
» (1) Spyglass [0 Charges left]
» (1) Crazy Lucky Hot Dog [3 LD]

Spoiler

Koga
Level: 27
Health: 540
Energy: 54
DMG: 13 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2
BRN: 24 // BLT: 24 // FALN: 4 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

Skills
>> [Rank 1] Curved Sword
>> [Rank 5] Katana
     // Ferocity
>> [Rank 0] Martial Arts
>> [Rank 2] Familiar Mastery: Fighter
>> [Rank 0] Survival

Equipment
>> Tier Two Demonic Katana <<Jack's Kuiaratame>> [Burn // Blight // Cursed // Fallen]
>> 
Tier One Perfect Light Armor <<Shaded Coat>> [Evasion // Evasion // Regeneration]
>> Tier One Perfect Trinket <<Tearful Strands>> [Accuracy // Accuracy // Recovery]

Battle-Ready Inventory
>> [50 
HP] Healing Potions (2)
>> [40 HP] Healing Potion (5)
>> [DMG +1] Damage Potion (1)
>> [+50 Temp. HP] Over-Health Potion (1)
>> Tier One Rare Consumable <<Cake>> [Protein // Protein] (1)

Koga was standing at the counter of his store, waiting around for any customers, leaning against the wooden counter top when his messenger went off with a message from his sister. 'Going for the Familiar again, huh?' the man thought to himself as he pushed himself away from the counter and went into the back to grab his gear. Well, ya know what they say. Third time's the charm and all that.

A quick message to let Tala know he was on his way, and Koga was out the door. Remembering to lock it before, he flipped the sign to closed, and then went for the teleporter. Back to that godforsaken frozen floor again it seemed. The blue column of light engulfed him, dissipated and there he was. When the man found his sister, he saw she was eating a hot dog. Could it be? "Hey sis," the man greeted her as he approached, hands shoved in his coat pockets. "That wouldn't happen to be a Crazy Lucky Dog from Oscar's would it?" he asked.

@Tala

Spoiler

Tala: HP: 320/320 || EN: 32/32 || DMG: 10 || MIT: 9 || REGEN: 1 || LIGHT MOMENTUM: 1 || LD: 6

She looked at the message that Koga sent her in return and she sighed happily, knowing that she wasn't going to be doing this alone again. So, instead, she just focused on making sure that she had the luck that she was going to need to find this damned wolf. So, when he brother came up behind her and said something about the hot dog that she just finished, she nodded as the wrapper was gone.

"It was yeah. Pretty good for a hot dog really." She leaned over and hugged her brother, her hands already being icicles from having to be out to eat the hot dog after all. "So, how lucky do we think I can get today? I really don't wanna be out here all day again. Last time I nearly froze to death." Besides, the two of them were probably still iffy about being anywhere in the wilds of some of these floors after that gorilla stunt of hers. But, she wasn't going to mention that now was she.

@Koga

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 540/540 // EN: 54/54 // DMG: 13 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 24 // BLT: 24 // FALN: 4 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

"Yeah, they are pretty good," Koga agreed, "and I don't even like hot dogs." The man returned his sister's hug and released her as she started to ask him a question. "Statistically? Your luck has gone up from a twenty-five percent chance to a fifty-five percent chance. That's roughly...sixty-six? percent increase. So I'm gonna go with moderate to very lucky," the black clad man said. Was his sister gonna be annoyed with him for that one? Quite possibly. "Now the real test is gonna be taming. That's the real kicker. Let's hope animals like you more than people do." Koga's face morphed into a mischievous smirk as he playfully insulted his sister. Oh, now that one she was gonna be annoyed with him for.

The pair soon started walking out into the white once again. Koga just couldn't seem to escape this icebox of a floor. The man pulled a black scarf out of his inventory and wrapped it around his neck, making himself feel slightly better. "How ya feeling sis?" the man asked, knowing she fared about as well as he did in the cold.

@Tala

Spoiler

Tala: HP: 320/320 || EN: 32/32 || DMG: 10 || MIT: 9 || REGEN: 1 || LIGHT MOMENTUM: 1 || LD: 6

She was in the same boat as him, how these two weren't twins, amazed everyone really. "Hey, I don't like 'em either remember." She laughed though before the hug was released. She immediately put her hands into her pockets and kept her arms closed, she really hated this dam floor.

But here was Koga, throwing actual statistics at her and she sighed as she shook her head, "All the statistics, ad yet you can't even guarantee me a successful hunt," she teased her brother but that teasing nature was soon gone, and the smile turned into a frown. "You know, you suck with people too Masato..." Yeah, there ya go Koga, make her mad while you are all still stuck in town.

Once they left the town she looked around to see what she might be able to start looking for. "Do you mean the cold or in general?" She looked over at her brother and she sighed. "In both senses, cold. But also...still unsure? I mean, Yukiro and I made up, obviously, but when am I going to mess something up once more?" There was the self doubt in herself.

@Koga

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 540/540 // EN: 54/54 // DMG: 13 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 24 // BLT: 24 // FALN: 4 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1
ID: 132966
LD: 13 >>No Materials Found<<

"I'm not the one who makes the rules!" Koga said, throwing his hands up in defense of himself. "If it were me, do you really think I'd make this quest this much of a pain? And that there'd be fetch quests? You know how I feel about those." At this point, everyone knew of Koga's deep, burning hatred for fetch quests. Whoever thought of those things should be imprisoned in a deep dark pit for all of eternity for his crimes.

"You know, you suck with people too Masato..."
"...I mean...you're not wrong..." Koga didn't even bother arguing there. He was terrible with people. And yet they seemed to like him. Or at least tolerate him. Koga would never understand the strange ways of the universe. Even less so how his awkward ass wasn't just kicked right off the Floor the moment he opened his mouth.

Koga listened as Tala told him how she was doing. In sum, about as good as you'd expect. "Tala, I think after the whole 'monkey-nearly-killed-everyone-I-love' fiasco, you've learned your lesson. I don't think you'll be messing anything up like that again. And if you do, well, then you're royally screwed 'cause that would take some real effort on your part." Those weren't exactly comforting words...but Koga was nothing if not honest.

@Tala

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

"If it were you, these quests wouldn't be a thing," she laughed lightly. Wasn't that the truth, though he seemed to hate the quests that didn't involve any fighting worse than herself. In fact, there were moments that she kind of liked the peace, but she was not going to say that to her brother. Nope, she was smarter than that.

At least he didn't try to fight with her when she pointed out that he was horrible with people too. That seemed to be another family trait. Funny right? She sighed though, "Sorry Masa, that was mean..." Okay, maybe the last few weeks has changed the young woman, but she just couldn't see it exactly. No, she just saw her faults at this point. Boy, did she still have a far way to go.

For the sake of wanting to feel better, she didn't say anything at first, but that wasn't working out for her at all. No, instead, she just blurted out that first thing that came to her mind then. "How do you know this? How do you know I'm not just going to turn around and be who I was before? I mean, how many times have I done stupid crap in the past...." She shook her head as she started to look around again, "Actually..don't answer that..."

@Koga

Spoiler

ID: 132990
LD: 15 >>Material Found<<

Obtained This Thread
+1 T1 Material

"You are right about that, sis," Koga said, laughing alongside his sibling. Even though Koga didn't seem like it, especially to his sister, he did enjoy some quiet and solitude once in a while. But that wasn't why he played RPGs. If he wanted peace and quiet, he'd have played Journey or ABZU or something like that. Or ya know...read a book...listened to some music. Something.

Koga gave his sister a strange look when she apologized. A moment of silence passed between them before Koga asked, "Sorry? Aki, you've never been sorry for teasing me, are you okay?" The serious look on Masato's face showed that he really was concerned for his sister and wasn't just trying to give her crap.

For a moment Koga was going to give a sarcastic answer as to how many times she'd done something stupid, but immediately thought better of it. He wasn't that much of an ass. The man took a deep breath for a moment as he did his best to find some words of comfort, or really anything he could tell his sister. But he couldn't, at least nothing she'd really like. Well, that only left one thing. The truth. "I don't know that, Aki," Masato said quietly. "But, I know that for all the stupid things you've done, it's always been because your heart was in the right place. I believe in you though. And I'll always be there to help you figure things out...And to slap you upside the head when you do do something stupid. It's what siblings are for. And I'll always love you, even when you are being an idiot."

@Tala

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

She laughed as Koga confirmed that he would just remove all of the fetch quests. Who really needed them after all? But there was still that fact that even fighting would get boring after a while, right? She didn't know anymore, don't ask her. She didn't even know how to explain anything that was going on in her own mind currently.

For example, she apologized to her brother. Why? She didn't know, at all, and it caused her to shrug when her brother even called her out on it. "Teasing doesn't need to be that mean," she looked from Koga to the snow filled forest that they were walking through then. Come on luck, give her something soon please. Or ya know, someone smack this child for being an idiot, there is that.

It took Koga a few moments to think before he answered her, and well, she didn't blame him at all there. She was a mess any ways. "Perhaps I'll always be needing that slap upside the head Masa. Like right now, for what I'm about to ask, but are we certain that I have a heart? Like I know literally, of course, but you know..." There goes that trail off and she shook her head, "I'm glad I have a brother who loves me when I'm an idiot." She tried to manage a small chuckle then, hoping, the conversation was going to change soon. Too bad Tala, you started it, time to finish the conversation.

@Koga

Spoiler

ID: 133005
LD: 1 >>No Materials Found<<

Obtained This Thread
+1 T1 Material

"Aki, mean is kinda our thing. Besides, I know neither of us really mean most of the things we say. You don't have to apologize for that." What was this new Akiara? Masato's sister usually was this bold, never-back-down, never-apologize kind of girl. This wasn't quite her. Did everything that happen hurt her that deeply?

Koga almost did smack his sister for the stupid question she'd just asked. About the only thing that had stopped him was the possibility of going orange. "Yes, you have a heart, Aki," Koga said, almost chastising his sister, "you literally would not have done a single one of the things that you did if you didn't have one. Just sometimes all except like one of your brain cells die off for some reason. Honestly, we should take you to a doctor." Clearly, Koga was just teasing his sister, trying to make her laugh. He gave her the best answer he could, the rest was up to her. In the meantime though, he could at least try to make her smile.

@Tala

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

ID: 133055
LD: 8 (2+6) >>No Familiar Found<<

She listened to him and she nodded, "Yeah, I guess..." She shook her head then and sucked in a deep breath. She really needed to find her old self, modify that person a little bit, but here she is, not doing that. Just giving up basically it seemed like. World, please give her this wolf, that should help the woman, hopefully.

She looked at Koga and she sighed, "Or a therapist. A therapist would probably be better at this point." But, she still had a small smile on her face as she trudged through the snow. She needed to change the subject to something happier, "So! When is the wedding, tell your little sister, please." She looked at him and practically begged with that please. See, she has a heart, she just has to finish fixing whatever is wrong in her head.

Speaking of wrong, why does luck not like her and decide that she needs to take months to find a familiar? This wasn't normal was it?

@Koga

Edited by Tala
Spoiler

ID: 133095
LD: 11 >>No Materials Found<<

Obtained This Thread
+1 T1 Material

"I think we could both use a therapist at this point, Tala," Koga said with a laugh, glad to see there was still some joy in his sister. How boring would his life be if she wasn't there to make sarcastic quips alongside him? "I bet the poor guy will reconsider his job once he meets us. Or maybe he'll just ship us off to an asylum. Can you imagine, you and me causing havoc in a place like that?"

Another laughed came from Koga. "I didn't know you were that excited to for the wedding," he said. "Uh, a few weeks from now I think. We didn't really put down a solid date, but its not too far off. It sounds like things between you and Yuki are doing better, despite your misgiving by the way. You really like him, huh?" Whether or not Yuki was good enough for Koga's little sister on the other hand was an entirely different question.

@Tala

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

"I wonder if an asylum would be more comfy than home?" She mused the question for a moment before shaking her head, "You and I would be put into two different asylum's though brother. I'm sure that they would figure it out very quickly that they can't have us in the same area. We would cause too much trouble." Now, there was a smile on her face, and a hint of the old Tala coming out. This was a good thing really, now it just needs to stay that way.

"Well why wouldn't I?!" She feigned a face of hurt as she looked at him, "As your younger sister, I need to be there to find a way to make it super entertaining. Perhaps let a pack of boars into the cathedral or something." She looked away as she plotted that, a smile on her face still. "We are good, at least, I hope we are." The paused for a moment as she thought though.

"I do Masa. I don't know what it is, but something has drawn me to him," she looked at him, "Did you know what drew you to Noctua when you were first with her?" Perhaps if he could figure it out, Tala could as well?

@Koga

Spoiler

ID: 133106
LD: 17 >>Material Found<<

Obtained This Thread
+2 T1 Material

"Well, you know what they say. 'Three hots and a cot,'" Koga replied to his sister. "Besides, we'd be fine. I think we're smart enough to make it seem like we weren't responsible for anything, ya know? And please, Tala, we both know there is no such thing as too much trouble." At least, not to them. As long as no one got hurt that was. Koga had lost track of the number of times the pair had gotten in trouble for their wild shenanigans, only to be back to doing the same exact thing the following day.

Koga raised an eyebrow at his sister as she pretended to be hurt by his comments. "If I recall correctly, about a month ago you hated Noct's guts. Forgive me for not being entirely certain where you stand on the wedding. Don't worry about in the wedding though, I know exactly where you'll be for that."

His sister's question caught Koga a little bit off-guard. It was the kind of question he'd asked himself and was never really sure if he found the right answer. "To be honest sis, no not really. Sometimes I still don't. I think it's just how...kind...and patient she is with me. I mean, let's be honest, there ain't a whole lotta people in the world who'd put up with me."

@Tala

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

"True, but at least it is all in the name of fun, for us. Though, there were moments I felt back for the people who had to clean up after our shenanigans." Oh the trouble, but the fun. The amount of times that she herself has made someone have to clean an entire classroom because she might have accidentally made a bad chemical reaction happen in chemistry class. Yeah, they were so accidents every time.

She sighed, "I know but still. I'm trying here Koga. Trying to make up for ever- Wait, what do you mean by in the wedding..." Please don't make her dress up, please don't make her dress up. She was not panicking her in her head, no you are. You're the one panicking in her head. "I have to dress up don't I?" She wasn't going to say no to whatever the plan was, but she was not going to be happy about having to wear some kind of fancy dress.

She could tell that her question to him though was something that he hadn't been expecting, and not just by the sound of his voice or the words that he used. It showed on his face, that uncertain look. She knew it well. "Well, guess that just means I might have to ask him then. Because I'm confused. I mean, I know that he is dealing with me and even forgave me for all of the crap that I put all of us through, but that can't be the only thing, right?" She kind of wanted an answer to that one Koga, come up with you best one.

@Koga

Spoiler

ID: 133178
LD: 5 >>No Material Found<<

Obtained This Thread
+2 T1 Material

Koga scoffed as Tala expressed some amount of guilt for the people who were affected by their shenanigans. "You mean when it wasn't us? Most of the time we did a pretty good job of keeping it mess free anyways, right?" Right? Okay, maybe Koga had taken a few too many blows to the head at this point and his memory was foggy...at least he thought they kept things clean. That had to count for something right?

As Tala's face slowly went from apologetic to panicked, Koga couldn't help but break out and start laughing. If there was one place where he and Tala differed, it was in whether or not they liked dressing up. Whether it be going out of his way to look good in casual clothes, or to be dressed to the nines, Koga hardly missed the opportunity to do so...when he wasn't lazy at least. Tala on the other hand, was less excited about such prospects. "Yes, yes you do sis. And you won't be getting out of it either. I'll be damned if you're looking like anything but your best at my wedding, ya hear?"

A chuckle came from Masato as his sister talked about asking Yuki her question. "Aki, I guarantee you he won't be able to tell you why you like him so much. That's something you gotta figure out for yourself. And it might not be obvious at first either, but you're the only one who's gonna know the answer."

@Tala

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

She looked at him and started to wonder if he hadn't been told about her chemistry fun. "Masa, did no one ever tell you what I did to the chemistry classroom?" It was a genuine question at this point since he didn't seem to think that she had caused any true trouble. If he didn't know, weren't those going to be some interesting stories to tell him.

There was a reason she wasn't an alchemist after all. But the thought of having to dress up for the wedding bugged her. Especially the part where he didn't tell her the role that she is playing. What kind of brother keeps that information from her?! She grumbled though, "Fine. Do you know what bloody color I'm supposed to be wearing then..." She wasn't going to sound happy about it, but she will be on that day, promise. She just needs to get used to the idea of having to wear a dress.

But his chuckle brought her from her panicked state of mind about the wedding and she sighed, "You know Masa, there are moments I wonder why you aren't useful." It was a joke! Look at the smile on her face. She is trying here. But she nodded, "Right so I have to figure it out myself. Sounds like fun. So much fun. Yay me." Hey, there's her sarcasm. Never a dull day for the Kasai siblings.

@Koga

Spoiler

ID: 133457
LD: 8 >>No Material Found<<

Obtained This Thread
+2 T1 Material

Masato looked at his sister with mixed confusion and a small amount of fear. "No..." the man answered her. "Do I want to know?" The answer was probably going to be a simultaneous yes and no, but inevitably, Masato would want to hear about it, his curiosity getting the better of him. And of course, his sister would inevitably indulge him.

"Sorry sis, I dunno the color either. You'll no soon though, promise. We got some time anyways, no need to stress it." Of course, Akiara was going to be stressing it, if Masato knew anything about his sister. But, to his knowledge, Christelle hadn't picked a color yet. Or maybe she had a Masato had just forgotten it. Both options were equally realistic.

"Oh, poor baby. You actually have to figure out how to do crap on your own. Life must be so hard for you," Masato mocked back, teasing his sister. Banter like this might go on forever, but at least it made this cursed hunt of theirs go by quicker.

@Tala

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

She chuckled, her old chuckle that usually meant trouble. It had been trouble, for the janitor at least. Well, she did get scolded and suspended on the last explosion when they figured out that she had done it on purpose, but hey. "What? You don't wanna know why I got suspended that one time?" But then, that was even if he had noticed it, her parents still forced her to do things which made her be out of the house anyways.

"Damn, you know, for being the groom, you know nothing on your own wedding." She sighed though and figured that she would just have to ask Noctua herself later. "I guess I'll ask her later, and figure out what my roll is some someone doesn't want to tell me." She gave him a pointed look before she sighed and shook her head. "I'm going to die aren't I?" No Akiara, you're not.

She bent down, scooped snow into her hands before she walked over to Masato and put the snow on the back of his neck. "Now, you have to get snow out of your clothes. How is that for life being hard." She stuck her tongue out at him, not at all caring about the cold in the moment. She laughed moments later though, at least this hunt wasn't stressful and tense like the last time she dragged her brother out here.

@Koga

Spoiler

ID: 133985
LD: 13 >>No Materials Found<<

Obtained This Thread
+2 T1 Material

There was that damned chuckle again. The one that meant it was both something absolutely terrible, but also an amazing story. As most terrible things usually were. "Ya know, I actually almost forgot you got suspended once. Never did find out what that was about. What'd you do?" Honestly, knowing his sister it could've been a number of things. Getting into a fight. Pranking the wrong person. Starting a water balloon fight in the middle of passing period...oh wait, that one was Koga.

"Hey, it's not that I don't want to tell you!" Koga said in his own defense, "I just dunno! And besides, when do I know anything?" The answer to that one was never, in case you hadn't figured that out by now. "And besides," Koga said, nudging his sister's shoulder, "if anyone dies its gonna be me. 'Cause either you are gonna end up killing me before the end of the night."

Koga shouted in surprise as he felt the bitter cold rush down his back and seat itself inside his shirt and jacket. The man did his best to remove the offending snow as quickly possible, but by the time he managed to get it out, the damage had already been done. He was cold. "Aki!" Masato shouted, vengeance in his voice. "So not cool..." the scooped up his own handful of snow and began to chase his sister until he finally had a hold of her, and shoved the snow down the back of her shirt in return. "Vengeance truly is a dish best served cold," Koga said with a smug look on his face.

@Tala

Edited by Koga