[F01-PP] Miss Communications

To: Ceres

hey you know what i've been thinking

NIGHT hummed as she held up the necklace in her hand, letting it dangle from her fingers.

remember when we had that cake together
and you were like lets interview mari
well i made something for her

She held the necklace out to Nyanko, balancing the enamel end on his nose. He let it rest on his snout for a moment, sniffing before curiously batting at it. A giggle from NIGHT, as she withdrew the pendant from her kitten, gently reaching out to stroke his back.

and im pretty sure itll be of use to her

because everyone misses without accuracy in this game

Setting down the pendant aside for a moment, she pulled out her menu, swapping her equipment for a moment, before picking up her familiar and set him down into her waist bag. A quick pull of parchment from the side of her desk, and she brought out her store's colorful wrapping, folding her craft up into a nice packet.

anyway
if you're still keen on that interview ill meet you at horunka
the locale's just ease of access to some things is all
im still in the midst of preparations
first floor for safety

cya there

She slipped the gift into her pocket before adjusting her scarf. In a heartbeat, she had the message sent, and stepped out her workshop, heading over to visit a few friends, while waiting for a reply.

@Ceres

# give me time imma hassle a chef for food u_u)9

Spoiler

NIGHT 
Lv: 31 | HP: 620 | EN: 62 | SP: 100
ACC: 3 | DMG: 15 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 0 | PARALYZE: 2 | KEEN: 1 |

[Skills]

1. Two-Handed Straight Sword | Passive | RANK 5/5
  2. Heavy Armor | Passive | RANK 1/5
  3. - - -
  4. - - -
  5. - - - 

-[Mods]

1. Ferocity
  2. - - -
  3. - - -
  4. - - -
  5. - - -

-[Extra]

• Survival | Passive 
  • Concentration | Active -- CD: 3

[Examine]

• [T2E3] Tobi-Kadachi
    -- [ Paralyze II | Natural successful attack rolls of 8-10 remove the enemy’s action on their next turn. Paralyzed opponents lose any evasion properties. ]
    -- [ Keen | After a successful attack, gain +1 BD until your next successful attack, at which point this bonus is removed. Another successful attack will reactivate this enhancement. ]

• [T1E3] Eye of Horus Enamel Pin
    -- [ Accuracy III | +3 ACC ]

• [T1E3] Threads of Dexterity
    -- [ Evasion III | +3 EVA ]

- - - - - -

• [T1E3] Beacon Necklace
  • [T1E3] Liquid Luck Pendant
    -- [ Loot Die III | +3 LD ]
  • [T1E2] A Feast of Strawberry Cheesecake (1)
    -- [ Accuracy II | +2 ACC ]
  • [T1E2] A Feast of Steak and Onion Pie (1)
    -- [ Evasion II | +2 EVA ]
  • [T1E3] Homemade Pizza Rolls (3)

[Misc]

• -- [ Aincrad Trading Post Guild Bonus: Col Deposit | +5% more col from killed mobs, +10% col from treasure chests. ]
    -- [ Familiar Mastery: Fighter | +6 DMG ]
Edited by NIGHT

Ceres was in the Town of Beginings - scouting out a location for her store. She had to make it soon, right? She couldn't just sit around forever saying she'd open it...when she hadn't done anything of the sort. Ceres wanted to prove she was something. Still...didn't exactly have a name for the shop but she'd figure that out in due time. Maybe something to do with Hermes? He was the Greek god of trading and deliveries...that'd be cute - but would it be too obscure. "Hmmm...." Cerse tapped her chin. She was so close yet so far to figuring this out.

'Ping'

The redheaded woman blinked, seeing she had a message from NIGHT Ceres couldn't help but smile, and that smile only grew when she read the contents. Not only did she recall the lovely evening spent with her friend, but here she was, setting up an interview with Mari. "Ah! How Exciting!"

To: NIGHT
Ahh! What? You're insane, ok! Yes. I'll be there super soon. I'm actually super close by, was scouting locations for my store!
See you soon ^_^

xox
Ceres

The redheaded woman closed off her HUD and began to walk the path North from Town of Beginnings to Horunka. Ceres had only ever been there once - generally the place was a go-between for people who were in the middle of quests. A small village of no more than 10 houses, merchants, and the like. All surrounded by a thicket of trees. Maybe setting up a shop there would have been nice...but a promise is a promise. And whilst Ceres didn't always keep them, she felt she should at least keep this one. Besides...it'd be nice to be neighbors with NIGHT and Oscar.

The walk there was pleasant - and uneventful. As always the first floor had a constantly sunny atmosphere, with a gentle breeze picking up errant bangs of red.

Coming into the small town Ceres glanced around. "Hmmm...." NIGHT didn't actually say where she was going to be - it'd be worth a look around whilst Ceres waited for a response.

@NIGHT

When did Ceres start using emojis?

She closed the mail, snorting to herself when she'd read the hugs and kisses on it as a face (Did she know they were hugs and kisses, by the way? NIGHT really had to ask her one day). The woman had been on her walk over to the entrance of town -- a short stroll from Randal's. Her chef friend had taken his time with her order -- and she couldn't blame him for it. She'd also contemplated stopping by Lonzo's for a bit, just to spread even the meals for her order, but it didn't look like he was in at the time. Fair enough. He was probably busy having a nice day elsewhere.

The two feasts in her possession should've been more than enough for the client they were going to size up. In executing their plan, NIGHT figured it was only polite to be generous with their offers. She wondered for a moment if she should've given Mari a heads up, just in case she was lactose intolerant or something, but shrugged it off, since the meals were made. Nothing to help it now.

It surprised her more to spy Ceres as she was walking into town, and NIGHT waved over to her, wearing a confident grin.

"You would not believe how much food I just got," she began, a small chuckle passing her lips. "I bet it'd feed her for a good week. That should keep her satisfied with the prodding questions, right?" An exhale, as NIGHT began to relax her shoulders. "So, where should we do this? I'd imagined somewhere in the woods would've been good; mostly on the account that she probably doesn't want to be seen by the public. And which one of us should ask...?"

"Well. It's your call."

@Ceres

# im still waiting on the food eval ngl but i also wanted to post first b4 i forgot. inventory edit in the future in good faith i swear u_u)9 '''

"Ah! NIGHT!" Ceres jumped at the sound of the other girls voice. "You scared me!" Ceres grinned, "I hope you're well! Thanks for messaging me." Ceres tugged on her hair as as she gave an awkward laugh. "I didn't think we'd get the opportunity so...ah.. so soon."

"The woods sounds lovely." Ceres mused. She gave NIGHT a light jab in her arm. "The woods is where we went on our first quest together! I think it'd e nice to have that sort of close discussion in an area where it's a little more intimate and private. I think Mari would appreciate that. "

Ceres nodded. "Mmm! I think so! I mean... I'd do most anything for some god food, and I can get it anytime someone who can't?" Ceres gave NIGHT a wide grin. "I think it's a good tactic."
NIGHT asked which one of them should contact Mari, Ceres chewed her lip in thought for a few moments. "Well, you already have her information right? Did she place an order? So it'd make sense for you to message her - and I think..." Ceres tapped her lips. "MMm I think it'd be best to let her know our plans?"

"I figured it'd be best to do it soon." NIGHT sighed, thinking. "No clue what she's up to. Players who go into hiding that much could very well up and disappear the next minute if we're not careful."

She cupped her mouth, originally in thought, before hearing what her friend had to say about their choice of location.

Right. Their first quest.

As she ran through her memories, NIGHT sunk back into her scarf, feeling incredibly bashful about the whole thing. A part of her wished she could forget it. How would she ever live with the shame?

Well... that's in the past now, right...?

"I-If... if you say so." She averted her gaze from her friend. "I trust your judgement."

"She made an order for a trinket, yeah." The woman hummed, pulling out her mail window. "Not the food, though. That part's just formalities. I'll give her a quick notice while we make it over to the woods." She nodded down the path she'd taken before, giving Ceres a smile. "Shall we?"

To: Mari

i have your order ready
and food
would you answer some questions for us
woods outside horunka, floor 1

"Oh..."

Mari forgot...that she had ordered the item from NIGHT - after everything that happened at the Christmas event...only to have been detained afterward, Mari had struggled to find reason to bother with much of anything anymore. She wanted to get better, she wanted to grow stronger and to learn to rely on others but at each and every turn she was stomped on. Just like when her friends betrayed her a few years ago...now was no different. Even he had lied to her - and Mari was just too stupid and foolish to see it.

Half lidded eyes replied to NIGHT with a heavy hand and heart.

Thank you, NIGHT.
There is a small glade with several large rocks by a river to the left of the path outside Horunka. I'll be there.
Us?
I do not mind the questions - but if this is an ambush I am leaving and you will void your payment.

Mari wasn't sure what the young girl was planning, but she struggled to find herself caring. If she wanted to question her, fine. Mari would be upfront and honest. Unlike everyone else in this godforsaken hell hole she'd always be at least that. Even if people hated her for it.

The trip wasn't very far - since she had only really just managed to safely leave Macradon's store - Mari came upon the glade. Unlike the forests on the second floor, this one wasn't covered with sticks and twigs. Rather the ground was a soft, lush, green grass. No trees covered the ground in this tiny respite - so the sun's bright, warm rays shone on the large smooth boulders like a beacon. Mari hefted herself up onto one of them with a sigh.

All she could do was wait, and go through the motions.

Ceres nodded, her hand reaching up to absently twirl one of her long earrings. "Yeh..." She said faintly. "That's kinda sad when you think about it though, isn't it? I wonder what just drives people to do that? To go into hiding and to ostracize themselves from the world like that." Ceres shook her head, then lightly slapped her cheeks. "No. No. Ceres. This woman is a murderer. No sympathizing with the bad people."

Ceres turned her lilac gaze to NIGHT and offered the woman a warm smile as she watched her hide away in her scarf. "Don't worry." Ceres said, misinterpreting the action. "We're together." Ceres reached out and gave NIGHT's arm a reassuring squeeze. "I have a good feeling nothing bad will happen to us. You're my bodyguard - so I will be yours too!"

Ceres tilted her head to the side - a wave of crimson spilling over her shoulders. "I'm glad you trust my judgement. I can say the same to you~" The two began walking down the path toward their destination. "Now this is all happening... I'm not sure what I should even ask. What prompted her to take so many lives? Why does she feel she has the right to wander around freely? How do Pkers survive without basic amenities that the towns provide?"

Ceres shrugged, "I want to ask a lot of these, but I also don't want to set her off."

@NIGHT

A chuckle from NIGHT, taking her eyes off Mari's reply for a moment. "You'd be surprised, I think. Most murderers..." A groan. "I hate to say this, but they're really people like you and I. Especially serial killers, I think. They don't... I can't say they don't mean to do it, can I? Err..."

She huffed, adjusting her scarf once again. Where was she going with this, again? "It's not bad to want to sympathize with them, I think. And maybe I'm just too used to looking at the good in everything; maybe it's just not registering for me yet how severe her crimes are." NIGHT looked away, frowning. "I don't know. She just hasn't tried to kill me yet, is all."

"At any rate, whatever judgement she'll end up facing, it'll still do us some good to ask questions about her motives, y'know?" The woman looked back to her friend, managing a grin. "I bet they're facing the same issues we are out there in the real world. Trying to interview a murderer as to why they did it's never really been an easy field to study."

Her eyes went back to the message, trying to figure out how her reply would go, before Ceres gripped her arm -- a sign of comfort.

"Don't worry. We're together."

A light chuckle from the woman in black, as she forced herself to hide a smile. "You can't say it like that..."

"--I do appreciate the offer, though. I'll do my best to keep you safe."

Back to the message she returned, quickly typing out her words. In truth, she hadn't expected the PK-er to be this cold in her words, but in reality, NIGHT was probably the one feeling the closeness with the stranger at hand. Especially when put side by side with someone who just didn't feel like living half the time. She drafted up a quick reply and sent it out to its recipient.

To: Mari

no ambush. you have my word
to clarify im bringing a friend along. just one
she'll be asking the questions not me
food's payment for your time

if anyone's here to attack you i'll be fighting by your side

A sigh, as she tried to relax, before tuning into her friend's words about the meet up. Ceres had really good questions, although, to her it felt like some of them needed tweaking. "I think your last one's a good idea. Though we're already part and parcel of the solution." A hum, as NIGHT lead them in a turn, towards the glade as Mari instructed. "Just try to keep your questions neutral. Like, you'd call it 'prompting to take lives', right? I think she sees it in another way, like 'it happened for a good reason' or that it wasn't her fault. Killers like her..."

A grimace. "They think it's justified. So, try and work with that -- I guess."

"Oh, uh, did you bring any writing utensils down?" NIGHT fished out her trusty notebook and pen from her inventory, handing it over to her friend. "Just in case you didn't. I--uh... just don't flip through the pages. A-and I think I see her."

Sure enough, they found the clearing. No trees around -- fair enough. For Mari, that meant no places for any attackers to hide, either, and NIGHT took comfort in that. At least their integrity wouldn't be called into question here. It seemed fortunate enough that they'd end up with a few rocks to sit on, too.

The first thing NIGHT did was pull out her client's orders. It only made sense to do so, since it was the baseline of the deal. She hollered over to Mari with a call, showing the item off in her hands, ensuring she'd seen the end of her bargain held up. "It's just us," the adventurer tried to reassure her. "As promised."

@Mari

Edited by NIGHT

Mari lifted her head when NIGHT approached with another woman in tow, a very exuberant redhead. Her entire aura practically screamed 'hello I'm happy but also terribly naive'  The orange haired PKer quirked her brow. Just what kind of questions did these two girls plan on asking?

Mari reached out and took the pendant in her hand and stared at it as it slightly spun to and fro. A pink triangle in the middle. Ironic. A symbol of her past, Mari guessed that was what NIGHT was intending. The woman wouldn't, nor couldn't fault NIGHT for such a craft, in a way - it was....endearing. "Thanks..." Mari said. Her voice quiet. "How much...do I owe you for the pendant again?"  NIGHT may have noticed that Mari was very different from the last few times they had met. Maris eyes were lined with dark circles - and red from shedding many tears. Earlier, Mari had always tried to be hospitable - offering semblances of smiles here and there, but now...Mari was reserved. Withdrawn.

Her blue eyes shifted to Ceres. "I'm Mari. You must be 'the friend'  I'm not really one for answering questions - but I guess..." Mari shifted her eyes away to rest on the treeline. "I don't really care what is asked. I'll answer them. Whether you want to find truth in them or not it is up to you, but I've never been one to deceit or lie..." It hurt when she said that. It was true, despite literally everything thrown at her, Mari never once felt the compulsion to lie or deceive others. She never found reason to do so. So why? Why did it keep happening to her?

Unlike literally every single person in her past.

Mari scoffed as she leaned forward - "So, friend of NIGHT. Why do you want to question a murderer?"

Ceres pursed her lips. "Mmm... I guess... but I find it really hard to justify any sort of murder...yanno...I mean you're taking away a human life, no matter how you cut it - it just feels wrong."
Ceres felt better when NIGHT had mentioned that no matter what it was a difficult field to study, and that NIGHT confirmed that she'd do her best to keep Ceres safe.

The two came to the field, lead by NIGHT, Ceres stilled for a moment when she saw Mari. But NIGHT quickly broke the tension, Ceres drew out a relieved breath as she turned to NIGHT. "Thank you, I appreciate you - and this." Ceres said as they stepped toward Mari.

"You don't really look like a crazy murderer..." Ceres said as she peered up close to Mari. "Mmm... oh  you have freckles. How cute!"
Mari glanced from Ceres back to NIGHT then back to Ceres, she cleared her throat and leaned back. Ceres, ever oblivious, wasn't aware of how uncomfortable she must have been making Mari.

"Ok then..." Ceres took a seat opposite Mari, wriggling her butt into the ground to get herself comfortable as she sat cross-legged in the grass. "There's 8 people on that monument because of you. Why?" Ceres took a deep breath, she could do this....this was a little daunting but she could do this. "Each one. Tell us why." She gripped the pen and pad tightly in her hands. This was a little scary but she was still confident Mari wouldn't hurt them.

Right?

@NIGHT

NIGHT nodded to her friend, wriggling the scarf upwards from her shoulders. The first thing Ceres did was get up in Mari's face -- and she felt a need to pull the redhead away from her, but her friend stepped away soon enough. An exhale. "Sorry. She's pretty direct. Just let her know about your boundaries and you should be okay."

"Also, it's 500col per commission. But before I forget..." A swipe of her fingers pulled up her inventory, and a few more taps summoned items in white. Five gift boxes -- two large, stacked on top of each other, and three smaller ones in her hands. She set them upon the two bigger ones, creating a stack, before gesturing the pile over to Mari. "Those are for you, free of charge. I hope you'll like them -- a friend of mine would like the feedback on them, if you're willing to tell us. Thanks for taking the time to indulge us."

NIGHT tilted her head, noticing the marks on Mari's face. Had she been crying? NIGHT hummed, watching the woman's eyes intently. "I'd ask you to share with us what's bothering you, but... well. Only if you want to." She turned away, heading over to a boulder, taking a seat on it as she watched her friend fire a question at her interviewee.

> Passing to Mari the following items:

• [T1E3] Beacon Necklace
  • [T1E2] A Feast of Strawberry Cheesecake (1)
    -- [ Accuracy II | +2 ACC ]
  • [T1E2] A Feast of Steak and Onion Pie (1)
    -- [ Evasion II | +2 EVA ]
  • [T1E3] Homemade Pizza Rolls (3)

@Mari

C-can you not... be so close." Mari said as she tried to push Ceres away. "Jesus f**k are you insane? No one I know calls freckles cute and they most certainly don't get up in someone's face and proclaim it so boldly." Mari scolded. "Seriously, don't forget what I am. Don't be so up close and personal with strangers, let alone ones who are known murderers." 

The girl..what was her name again? Did she even bother to introduce herself? Mari shook her head. The girl went straight for the hard hitting questions huh? "One at a time, for f**k sakes..." Mari sighed as she drew her hand to her temple, rubbing it. "Right. Ok. I'll give you the shorthand version of it.... Evelyn...was a young girl who was not meant to die - a man was abusing her and I saw red- I tried to attack him but he threw her in the line of fire..." It was so hard to dismiss her daughters death like that, but Mari didn't have the heart to go into detail.

"Argumail tried to attack numerous people who were beneath him in stats and levels, if I hadn't stepped in - several others would have died. Tom was a bounty, and a mercy kill. Sugar and Spice were from a group of highschoolers who tried to attack me, it was self defense on my part, but I didn't want either of them to die. Toshi tried to kill someone, and I reacted in turn. Echo tried to initiate battles to the death with others, and then tried to kill them....so again, I stepped in and Aubrey...." Mari took a deep sigh. "Aubrey was my greatest mistake. She was an innocent bystander."

Mari was thankful Night interjected, with her trade offer. It gave the woman time to decompress from the line of questioning. Mari opened up the trade window and her lifeless eyes widened - "What...is all this?" She asked, seeing all the items in the trade window. When Night mentioned she was bringing food Mari fully expected it to be regular food, nothing with enhancements. "You didn't really need to do this, but...thanks." Mari said as she accepted the trade, depositing 1,000 col to Night in response. Mari had little need for money. What was she gonna do? Waltz into town and go on a shopping spree?

The ginger haired woman knew Night meant well with her question, it was asked out of concern - but the wound was still fresh. It didn't help that when Mari tried to pick herself back up right after she was arrested and given a verbal lashing by Bahr. "I said I'd be truthful." She wouldn't go back on her word.

Mari turned her gaze downward, and took a long, deep breath. She held it for several seconds before exhaling. "What's bothering me is nothing more than my own foolish fantasy. There was someone I loved, but recently I found out any affections they had toward me was a lie..." Mari pursed her lips. Her heart hurt, with each word that was uttered it felt like she was being pressed further and further into the ground, constricting her. "No, perhaps that's too strong of a word. An act. They were simply doing what they thought I wanted to hear and feel. When in reality the man doesn't feel anything toward me. So it was my own fault."  And ...it was her fault, wasn't it? The woman fell hopelessly in love with a man who wasn't sure of how to process emotions, let alone loving someone. The only person who was truly in his heart was his grandma. Mari lifted her eyes back up toward the two. "It's why it's best not to get close to others here."

@NIGHT

NIGHT tallied the numbers, beginning to understand more of the picture. Was this really the image of Aincrad back in the day? There were several counts of players just looking to up and hunt others, whether it be out of greed from incentives or a twisted moral code. Each note made just caused NIGHT to frown even more, trying to recall if she'd heard any of these in her time back in the city.

Nothing. A blank spot. Who the hell are half of these people?

A grumble, before she went back to listening. She hadn't really expected Mari to speak up about her own issues, on the account of it most likely being a personal issue. But it's not like she could blame the player either -- being outcasted just meant not having anyone else to talk or turn to. NIGHT nodded when she was done, humming back in mild interest. "I'm sorry to hear that," she offered. "It must've been unfair to be on the receiving end of it. Though, at least you've found out about it now."

"Take pride in that, if you can. I'm sure you'll be able to move on in time."

She glanced over at Ceres, wondering if the woman had been able to take down everything that was said, before her gaze went back to Mari. "Y'know, you're welcome to talk about anything on your mind, if you want. Off the record?" A look over to the journalist, checking to see if she would agree. "I don't imagine you get the chance to talk about your own feelings or history a lot. Just in case you want to get some things off your chest."

@Ceres

Ceres crossed her arms over her chest as she listened to Mari list off the people she killed, a little too casually. She was short with her answers, and Ceres wasn't sure she was completely satisfied with that, but didn't want to push things so soon. "So...all but two of them...you felt like they deserved it?" She tilted her head to the side, her usual cheery demeanor replaced with a serious tone. "Do you think that justifies your actions?"

Mari shook her head in response. "No...I don't...honestly - I don't know about anyone else in this game - but I plan on telling the authorities what I have one when we finally leave. I doubt they could do much - if anything. But it is only right." Said Mari.

Ceres blinked in shock. "W-wait...What?" Was Mari lying? Why would she willingly turn herself in like that. "Y-You know they can't prove anything here. You'd be able to walk off, completely free."

Again, Mari shook her head. "No, Ceres. Because those lives will still weight heavy on me for the rest of my life."

Ceres fidgeted. She wasn't sure how to handle this information. She was expecting the woman to talk candidly about her kills, but she kept it very short and to the point. She wasn't sure if Mari was trying to hide something or just didn't want to talk about it. She sounded like she had remorse, but how could Ceres trust those words? Lilac eyes shifted to NIGHT - begging her for help. And that help came - as NIGHT asked Mari what was wrong, and the conversation shifted away from death.

"Wait...A lie? Who lied to you? Was it that dark broody guy at the festival?"

Curiosity got the better of her, and Ceres became distracted. She put down the notepad and pushed it just out of her reach. "I agree with NIGHT. It's important to talk about your feelings, bottling them up only makes you snap. And you're obviously upset. Did you want us to find him? I bet we'd both punch him, right NIGHT?" Ceres asked her friend as she turned to look at her.

Mari winced as both NIGHT and Ceres prompted her to open up, as if they actually cared. No - they just wanted a story. A good tale to tell. They weren't her friends nor her confidants. Mari didn't have anything of the sort.

"Broody....guy...."  Mari narrowed her blue eyes at Ceres. Was this girl at the festival? Mari couldn't recall. She had spent most of her time with...Ah....Alkor... Mari wasn't going to freely give his name, nor besmerch it - sure he had ripped out her heart and metaphorically stomped on it but she felt like she deserved it. "Yes." Mari said. "That was him, but don't...." Mari sighed as she leaned forward, now rubbing both her temples with her fingers. "Please don't go out and punch the man. He said he was only doing what he felt was right, what I wanted to hear. He wanted to make me feel-"

"Honestly that sounds like a bunch of gaslighting hoo-hah." Came Ceres' reply as she huffed. "Look. You're a murderer, yeh I Get that but you're tellin' me this guy told you he loved you? And did who knows what only to be like..." Ceres cleared her throat, mimicking something that could only be described as a very very bad old man impersonation. "Oh, Sorry miss! I didn't love you at all, my mistake! Ohoho - I didn't know any better!" Ceres leaned forward and picked up the pad and pen. "I call bull plop on that and-"

"ENOUGH!" Came Mari's harsh snap of a reply - and Ceres immediately shut her mouth. "I don't want you talking sh*t about him. You don't know him. Keep your f**king nose out of it. You want to ask me questions about myself? Fine. But respect other f**king people and their privacy." Mari knew she had snapped - she could see it in the way Ceres shuffled back, but the way the other girl spoke ill of Alkor...it wasn't fair to him.

"There's...nothing to get off my chest." Mari reiterated. "If you have questions. Ask them, but I'm not here for a damn therapy session."

@NIGHT

Dark... broody guy... at the festival?

--- She's talking about Batman.

NIGHT really did her best to try and keep her laugh down. From a distance, it just seemed like she was shaking and shuddering on the spot with a wry look on her face. The look from Ceres -- a prompt to respond -- didn't help much either, and she coughed, hiding her breaths from sight with a hand covering her mouth. "--U-um, Y-yeah! S-sure, right!"

NIGHT didn't really punch him, though. She just chewed him up for playing Gotham.

The woman bit her own tongue in an attempt to stop herself from even giggling, when Mari began talking again. Ah. So that was the heart of the matter. No wonder he was so forward all the time. How he could even appear to be anywhere near romantic was a mystery to her, but still, even stranger things have happened before. NIGHT readjusted herself on her rock, losing her fits as Ceres began mocking the player in question. A raised brow. Was that how she was like, unprompted?

It'd caused Mari to snap at no moment's notice. She blinked in understanding, watching Ceres retreat a little, clearly terrified by the repercussions. A frown. Their interviewee was right about it not being a therapy session. In truth, her question was out of good faith, nothing more.

NIGHT got up from her boulder, strolling over to Ceres' side and taking a seat there instead. The last thing her friend needed was to be intimidated from a player killer after taking shots at them. While the responsibility was hers to begin with, NIGHT couldn't help but feel guilty, having orchestrated the whole meeting in the first place. "Mhmm," she hummed, as she picked up her paper and pen, leaning into Ceres. "Got it. Sorry about that." The woman shot the redhead a look for a moment, scrawling something down on her pages before glancing down at it, a gesture for her friend to read the message. "We'll keep the comments to ourselves now."

sorry
take it easy on what u say 2 her
r u ok?

Forcing back a choke in her words, NIGHT picked up the conversation, keeping her eyes down at her book. "Okay, what's next here..." She feigned a flipping of pages, before returning to her origin point. "Ah, right."

"I'm sure we know a bit about this, but as a PK-er... You're not capable of entering safe zones to obtain things like food and equipment. Can you... tell us-- how you go about meeting these requirements? Any... stories or experiences you share with us, be it circumventing it by proxy or gathering materials outside, would help us... understand you better."

@Ceres

Ceres mumbled, she really didn't like how Mari had snapped at her. She was only trying to help. Didn't the other woman see that this was unhealthy? That caring about someone like that wasn't good for her? Just what on earth went on in this womans life to be so...hmmm what was the word? Co-dependant? yeh. That.

Ceres read NIGHTs note and nodded once to note that yes, she got the message. That perhaps maybe, just maybe she shouldn't have yelled at the other woman and insulted the guy she had some bad obsession with. Ceres crossed her arms with a small huff, blowing strands of red out of her face. "I'm just saying..." She mumbled. "That I think it's important that you understand that even if he didn't mean to hurt you. It's still a crappy thing to do to someone. Shoving all the blame on yourself is just stupid and unhealthy." Ceres said with a small shrug.

She turned to NIGHT  and offered her a reassuring smile followed by a light tap on the other girls knee to say 'hey, I'm ok now!'

Ceres turned to Mari when NIGHT asked those questions. "OH...yeh, you could probably order from stores if you had the owners contact information right?" Ceres asked.  "Like, you did htat with NIGHT. Do people help you that easily or do you have issues?"

Mari sighed as he buried her head in her hands. "Look, I'm sorry it's just - the situation is a little bit more complex than that." Mari took a deep sigh and explained what happened the night of the NLY festival she left out personal details about Alkor. Mari explained that yes, she felt like he lied to her. Because, no matter how you cut it - no matter how you explain it or sugar coat it, he did in fact lie. But he had his reasons, and they were good ones she understood. Mari told the two before her that whilst she was very upset, part of the blame was on her and she had no ill will toward Alkor. "If anything..." Mari finished off, "I just want to make sure he's happy, smiling, and making friends." Came her final words on the matter.

Mari took a deep breath. "Well, suppose that did feel a lil' better to get off my chest..." She shifted her gaze away from the two girls in front of her. "I didn't mean to snap, just - don't talk sh*t about people without knowing all the details. Meet them yourself and create your own opinions. I mean..." Her ice blue eyes shifted back to NIGHT and Ceres. "That's exactly what you two are doing now, right?" Mari shifted off the rock, standing as she approached the two. "You're coming here - talking to me...."

Mari reached out to lightly grasp Ceres' chin between her thumb and forefinger - "despite all the rumours - you're still willing to talk to me." Mari whispered, leaning in close to Ceres. "So the least you can do - is do that for him, hmm?" Mari let go of Ceres as she turned her back on the two girls.

"I can technically enter safe zones, the town guard would kill me though. I'd also personally avoid it - the last thing people need to see is an orange cursor in their town. It'd shatter their illusion of safety. Even though no one can be PK'd in a town, it'd still...ruin it for others. and I...don't want to do that to them.  Food...I kinda scavange, if I'm lucky I'll find someone willing to go into town to get me basic necessities. Other times, I just have to deal with the pain of hunger. We can't starve here. But we can still feel the pang of hunger and the exhaustion that comes with it. "Equipment, same thing - I either have to deal with what I already have or find someone to craft it for me. Much like you did." Mari returned to her position on the rock so she was able to garner some distance between the three of them.  "I use my Alchemic Store on Floor 10 as a place to sleep. I used to just gather materials and work from my shop but...I haven't done that in a long time."

@NIGHT

It was refreshing to know that things wouldn't escalate for the pair right off the bat.

NIGHT let out a subtle sigh as Mari decided to explain things with Alkor, and then again when Ceres managed to form a grin for her. She couldn't lie, the sudden altercation earlier was really testing her nerves, and even as the tension started to leave, the woman could see the paper in her hands shaking a little...

She adjusted her sitting position slightly, taking down notes on behalf of her friend. Wishing good will upon someone who'd done one wrong was definitely noble, if not familiar. NIGHT shrugged the similarities in her history away, biting the side of her cheek as she scribbled the details down. When their interviewee was done explaining the situation to them, NIGHT nodded, understanding her rationale behind her position. She'd made the same mistake before with Alkor, as well, taking Ceres' word as the source. Not like she wouldn't trust her friend's judgement in the future, but, it'd definitely have helped if she had withheld her opinions until she'd actually met the people in question in the flesh.

A look over to the PK-er from her pages, who was slowly approaching them. A held breath, somewhat expecting another moment of conflict. When Mari reached out to grip her friend's chin, her blood went cold for a beat, before she let Ceres go, after a soft exchange between the two.

Right. The meeting would remain peaceful, then, if not... tense, back again.

NIGHT jotted down the answer to her next question, a somewhat more messy scrawl due to her shaking nerves. When the woman was done, she flipped over to the next page, writing another message before handing the book over to her friend.

u ok? that was scary >,>
any other qns?

"I... I didn't know you had a shop. Is it still up and running? I know of a few players who'd be interested in alchemical potions but..." A careless shrug. "If it's owner's reputation precedes it, it's debatable if they'd come looking for your wares."

"F-for the record... I would, though. But Floor 10's a bit out of the way for my taste. Guess that must also be good for you on the down low too, then?"

@Ceres

Mari knew she was probably extending her welcome. The two girls had come to her to ask honest questions, and Mari gave them nothing but bitter viterol. Words spewing from her mouth like a black viscerous bile. It wasn't fair to the two of them. Perhaps she had been alone for too long. No...it wasn't entirely that - Mari was still coming to terms with her own feelings. A lot of things happened in a short amount of time and even the strongest of people would be struggling to cope with the information overload.

"You know..." Mari began, her tone shifting to one of a quiet reflection. "I just want to thank you both for listening. Even though you were the ones who asked me to answer the questions. You put up with my bullsh*t."

Ceres smiled in response, awkwardly forcing a laugh. "Y-yeh no that's fine. I mean...Night is the one who set it all up for us! I don't know what I'd do without her!" Ceres stood and dusted herself off. "But I Think uhm - we're done here for now. I do appreciate it and if you want any items then please message me and I'll organize for you to get them from my store."

Mari quirked a brow at the other woman's statement. She didn't have to force herself to be happy all the time. If she was nervous or upset she should just say so. Peppy people were so tiresome. "Mmm..." She didn't say any more. She was afraid that if she did, it'd be a statement she'd regret. Mari stood in turn and extended her hand to Ceres. "I assume that's everything for now?"

Ceres ignored the extended hand and stepped in closer to wrap her arms around Mari. "W-what the f**k do you think you're doing!?" Mari pried the other woman away. The sudden rush of warmth was not unwelcomed, but the sudden rush of a complete stranger wrapping her arms around her very much was unwelcome.

"Learn some f**king personal space!" Mari spat as she turned her back on the two girls. They could have ended this nicely. But no, this damn f**king crazy Ceres chick had to go and ruin it. "I'm leaving." She spat as she stormed off.

-Mari leaves thread -