[SHOP-F1] The Iron Knight Forge

Well, this was nice. It cost the same as one of the rooms he had been staying in, but was little more than a glorified stall with a locking door. He missed his room already, even if he had managed to procure a cot.

The Iron Knight Forge

A well worn counter divides the shop in half, with the single crafting station and various inventory chests behind a worn counter. A sheet of paper along with ink and quill sit in the center of the smooth counter, with a message written in neat handwriting bearing names and requests, a formal waiting list as written by the Blacksmith.

Waiting List

---------------------------

« Open

« Open

« Open

Shop Inventory

16 Crafting Materials

Displayed Arms and Armor

Item:

Quality:

Description:

Cost:

Earning Your Keep (Quests): Not everybody has a stash of Col waiting to be spent. Vandal is willing to exchange materials for his work if need be, extending his services even to new players who have not begun amassing a fortune of Col just yet.

Like Rat's in the Larder. - Near the entrance of the Labyrinth of the First Floor is a rocky area with hidden spawns of humanoid-type monsters known as «Kobold Scout». These monsters are known to drop «Iron Scraps» which can be combined into «Iron Ingots». Retrieve 9 «Iron Scraps» by engaging and slaying «Kobold Scout» and Vandal can smelt 3 «Iron Ingots» with which to craft your chosen gear. New players are encouraged to ask Vandal to accompany them for help if needed since these «Kobold Scouts» each have 9 health and drop 1-3 Iron Scraps upon death. (Depending upon Loot Dice).

Here There Be Dragons - «Young Red Dragons» infest the caverns of Floor 2, where they are regularly hunted for their dense bone which is a highly prized crafting material. «Dragon Bone» is primarily used in two handed weapons and heavy armor, if you manage to retrieve 9 «Dragon Bone» Vandal can use it to create something truly unique. «Young Red Dragons» have 12 health, and can be extremely dangerous foes. New players are encouraged to ask Vandal to accompany them for help if needed.

Rank 4: 114/160 Xp

5 Crafts a day

»Rare Item: 5 exp

»Good Item: 2 exp

»Epic Fail: 1 exp

»Perfect Item: 8 exp

»Uncommon Item: 3 exp

»Bad Item: 1 exp

»Fail: 1 exp

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it was time for the first attempt at crafting. He took the heavy hammer in hand, savoring the heft of the heavy item, and stepped closer to his anvil where the fresh Iron Ingot lay waiting, already red hot. Swinging the hammer down, he began shaping the piece of metal, before in a flash of light it assumed a a new shape, a large two handed sword of black iron.

Craft die: 11

Rare Item!

-1 mat

Item: Black Iron Greatsword

Quality: Rare

Description: This large Greatsword is forged of heavy Black Iron, with a overlong blade and thick edge designed to inflict massive blunt trauma and be as damaging as possible. +2 Damage on successful hit.

That certainly went better than expected. He was thinking his first attempt was going to end up with some kind of mangled piece of steel that would scar him for life and force him to give up on his dreams of becoming a blacksmith. Instead, he ended up with a weapon that he could actually use in combat, one that would have made quick work of those damned Kobolds. Satisfied, he readied another ingot, deciding to go with something a little more contemporary. He had seen how dangerous a dagger was first hand, and figured he would try is hand at making one. Bringing the hammer down onto the prepared ingot, he watched the new item shape and appear in a flash of light.

Rare Item!

-1 mat

Item: Wind Needle

Description: Fashioned of finely hammered steel, Wind Needle is an elegant Stilleto, and features a thin double edged blade with a narrow crosspiece and ornate carved handle. This fearsome stabbing weapon is enhanced for maximum damage and does +2 damage per successful attack.

Can I help you? Asks the big burly smith, as he walks out from the relatively small private area. With his large muscled frame and steely eyes Vandal certainly looks like a smith, even if he has barely started out. He has not had a customer yet, and normally he wouldn't be so polite, but the last thing he needed was to scare off a potential customer by being rude. "Name's Vandal, this is my shop. Hope you don't mind if I work while we talk" he adds, as he lifts his Smithy Hammer and approaches the anvil. He had some wicked luck this far, might as well see if it held. Pounding out the bar of iron before him, he thought of what he wanted, and went to work.

Craft Attempt 1/2

Rare Item!

-1 mat

Black Iron Cuirass

Description: Forged of fire blackened iron, this no nonsense armor has practically zero frilly decoration and is obviously intended for battle. Little more than a rough breastplate with angled spaulders it suits the Smith who forged it well.

Ability: When worn an 8, 9, or 10 on the combat dice in battle will negate 2 damage done on the next turn. In the event an enemy scores a critical attack on the next turn, the damage will still be reduced by 2, but can only be reduced to a minimum of 1.

Lifting the new piece of armor he inspected it with a critical eye, before turning his attention back to the customer who had remained silent thus far. "I may not be quite as famous as some of the others, and I'm not big on needless decoration, but i'm a good smith, so far, and I'll work with you to make sure you are satisfied with my wares." He said, setting the armor down on a table next to the huge greatsword he planned to use himself.

Looking over the presented picture, Vandal stroked his chin with a contemplative look on his face. "Hmmm, you'll want to use a good, heavy, material. I've got plenty of Iron around here, but Dragon Bone would be the best material we could obtain down here. I know of Young Fire Dragons on the second floor, and Ice Dragons on the 4th Floor that could be used to obtain some bone." He said, speculating the best possible way to get the item created suitably. "The bleeding effect is pretty easy, I had a customer who sent me a PM about something similar, so I have a good idea of exactly how we could get that to work." He adds, tossing the hammer back and forth easily between his hands. "Just comes down to what kind of material you want to use."

Vandal nods as the boy speaks, it was good that he was so interested in making sure the weapon was high quality. The last thing anybody needed was a dull sword when their life depended on it. "In that case, Dragon Bone it is. I don't have any in stock, but like I said, its not to hard to find places to get it. The caverns on Floor 2 are practically infested with a brood of «Young Red Dragons», they aren't too tough, only about 12 hp each. A quick run through the caverns should net you a good little stash of «Dragon Bone». If you can get some, I can forge you a sword that would split steel." He says, his dark eyes serious.

Vandal nods, shaking the man's hand with a firm grip. "Sounds great, can't wait to get to work on it. I'll try not to disappoint." He says, watching his customer leave in search of «Dragon Bone». Now that was exciting, Vandal hadn't worked with «Dragon Bone» yet, he was looking forward to getting a chance to smith some of the 'toughest' material found in the game thus far.

Miaki entered <> and looked around the establishment. It was a nice shop and well kept. Better than some of the places he had checked already. He thought he spotted the owner of the shop and approached him.

"Excuse me but I heard a rumor that a very nicely crafted item was forged around here. Something called a <>. I've been wanting a cuirass for a long time but none of the smiths I know have time or anything to forge something like that. Are you the one who has it and if so how much Col will it take to take it off your hands?" He asked the owner, opening his menu as he mentioned Col.

Vandal was busy putting away materials when the new customer entered, and as the man expressed interest in his latest craft, he looked over the equipment that was worn. "I'd been planning to use it myself." He said, in reference to the <>, but he wasn't too attached to it. What he did care about was making sure he matched the proper armor to a customer. Equipment would mean the difference between life and death in this game, and he was damned sure he wasn't going to put someone in danger just to make some Col. "You're a Katana user, you sure you want to use heavy armor? Most speedy fencer types like using the lighter metal armor, maybe something scaled? I have no reason not to sell it. I just want to make sure you end up in the right type of equipment you can trust. I've got one goal as a crafter, and thats to make sure that nobody using my gear is going to die."

Miaki considered his options he was impressed with a smith that knew his stuff. On the one hand he knew that this armor was had really good stats but on the other it might weigh him down. "Your observations are true about me being a katana user. Guess this beauty hear draws that attention on occasion. It is true that most katana wielders focus more on speed than strength but I usually find a nice balance in the middle."

He put his left hand into the pocket of his trench coat and his the other hand opened an inventory screen. "I do have some <>. We could talk business on using them to try and make something stronger. Tell you what. I'll give you enough to make some attempts at a better armor piece, if you succeed, I'll take the new item you make, if not I'm still interested in buying that armor for a decent amount of Col." He materialized two <> in his hand. "This should do the trick for your remaining attempts for today."

Vandal chuckled and nodded in the direction of the katana, "It's certainly a beautiful blade, a little too light for a big lug like me, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate the craftsmanship." He said, glancing in the direction of the huge two handed sword he called his own. "Alright then, we can go for something better suited for a speed type user, but still offering good protection." He said, studying the Atlantis Iron. He had never smithed with this before, it had certain properties he was interested in. Exceptionally strong, lightweight... Yes, this would make for great light metal armor. Thinner than the Black Iron piece, with capped rounded spaulders to give full freedom of movement...

Taking a moment to stoke the fire and pump the bellows, Vandal meticulously ensured that the metal was heated to the perfect temperature, not wanting to crack the temper by overheating it. Lifting the heavy hammer, he began pounding the bar flat, sparks flying with each forceful blow. This was his first time working with Atlantis Iron, and while the resulting craft was not a failure, it wasn't quite the result he was looking for. He was certain he could find someone that would use it though, so all was not a total waste. He had a better idea of how to properly use this particular material now.

Craft die: 9

Good Item!

-1 mat

Well, that could have gone a little better. But at least he had a feeling for the material now. Glancing at the second bar, he took a moment to consult the battered book that he had recorded a few design sketches to get a better feel for the armor design. Getting the design perfect was important, and he glanced back towards Miaki to get a good estimation of the width of his shoulders. He wasn't going to use that last bit of Atlantis Iron, not yet, he wanted to use a scrap of his own iron to try something. And as he hammered the metal into shape, he groaned at the results. Well, that was a wash. But now he was ready. "One more go at it, and we'll see what comes." He said, dropping the useless scraps into a nearby waste basket.

Craft die: 1

Epic Fail!

-1 mat

Taking that oh so precious last ingot of Atlantis Iron, Vandal took a moment to try and find his center, or some other such zen nonsense, before working the bellows. This random property of success and failure could be complicated, no doubt it was the bane of many a crafter. But never he less, he wasn't going to get any better if he didn't keep at it. So taking his hammer in hand, he began to muscle the iron into the proper shape, until the craft flashed and solidified before him.

Craft die: 9

Good Item!

-1 mat

With a sigh, he replaced the Hammer back on the hanging rack of tools and worked his way back to the counter. That could have gone better. But, sometimes the metal was stubborn. He supposed that was why he enjoyed metal working so much. "Well, a deal is a deal. 800 col then for the <" He asked, lifting the heavy breastplate and placing it on the counter. It was up to the Katana user whether or not he wanted to wait another day and see what the blacksmith could cook up. If his math was correct, he had just leveled up his Blacksmithing.