[SHOP-F1] The Iron Knight Forge

I happened to be roaming the first floor to see if anything changed, wearing my typical attire of dark blue pants, blue shirt, and a royal blue jacket with my guild logo on the back. Moments later I noticed a nice blacksmith shop. I wondered how good it was so I walked inside. As soon as I got in, I felt an overwhelming presence in the atmosphere.

Wow... I feel like there is some strong crafts here. I said as I continued to walk around the shop and look at the nice weapons and armor.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vandal chuckled as he rounded the corner, wiping his soot stained hands on a scrap of cloth. "I'd hope so. I don't like bothering with needless frills or decoration. I focus on dependability, even if that means that some of my gear isn't as pretty as the other blacksmiths' crap. But, my stuff will keep you alive no matter how tough your enemy is." He said, lugging his newest works of the day over towards the display wall. Holy Aegis and Holy Sword were some of the best gear he had to offer at the moment, and he was relatively certain that some tank would come in and be interested. Giving Shark some time and space to look around, he went about hanging them carefully on the display wall.

Vandal, the shop owner, came out with some really attention grabbing pieces of equipment. I proceeded to follow him when he hung up the new work. These two new ones look very interesting. Please tell me about them. I said as i took delight in his newest works. I was interested in obtaining them since it matches my guild.

Vandal grunted and reached up to wipe a smudge off the polished blade of <>. "I made these two as a matching set, going for the whole Holy Paladin thing." He said with a grin. "But they basically are a Tanking weapon and offhand, meant for regaining health in long battles." He shrugs. "I figure that with a boss battle about to go down, somebody might find them useful."

"Just let me know if something catches your interest. I had a special order come in that I have been trying to fill. For that big boss battle." Vandal was busy behind the counter, leaving Shark to wander the store as he began heating an ingot of dark steel. Taking his hammer and depositing the red hot metal in place and taking up his hammer and starting to beat the metal into shape.

Craft Attempt 1/4

Craft die: 12

Perfect Item!

-1 mat

Item: Bloody Rose

Quality: Perfect

Description: With a blood red blade and an ornate open black hilt, lacking the traditional closed basket hilt of most European Rapiers, Bloody Rose is stripped down for maximum speed and maneuverability in combat.

Ability: This needle tipped rapier is meant for maximum penetration, leaving bleeding wounds. (+2 Damage, causes 1 point of bleeding for 3 turns on 8, 9, 10)

Well, that was a huge weight off his back, he had been hoping to fill that order for a while now. But that quality of item was so hard to come by, that it had sat in reserve for a while hoping to be filled. Now that he could message his client, he was free to go back to getting a few more display pieces up. With his hammer he went to work on a new ingot, thinking he would try something with a curved blade this time.

Craft Attempt 2/4

Craft die: 9

Uncommon!

-1 mat

Item: Fine Scimitar

Quality: Uncommon

Description: This finely crafted Scimitar is made of high quality steel and finely polished

Ability: + 1 Damage

With that last sword he had leveled up, he was officially on the level of the other top Smith's in Aincrad. Maybe that meant his luck would hold. Taking a new ingot of steel, he began working on a new shield to pair with his previous Scimitar. It was always best to have a full set of equipment on sale for a prospective adventurer, especially Uncommon stuff like this. He could sell it cheap enough for a relative new player to fully gear themselves out and get started in SAO. Vandal didn't care if he wasn't the most famous Smith in Aincrad, he just wanted to help other players survive.

Craft Attempt 3/5

Craft die: 10

Uncommon!

-1 mat

Item: Fine Guantlets

Quality: Uncommon

Description: This finely crafted pair of guantlets is made of high quality steel and finely polished

Ability: +1 Accuracy

Now that he was 'on the level' he felt he should look at improving his abilities further. He knew that some Smiths were able to enhance their own crafting materials, to better improve their crafting abilities. He had asked around, and found out that in his case, it would need a very high quality craft aimed at producing a superior Smithing Hammer. So he had wheeled and dealed a bit, and eventually snagged a high quality Dragon Bone ingot that he planned to use to create his masterpiece. Carefully heating the material, and painstakingly ensuring it was perfect, he began hammering.

Craft Attempt 4/5

Craft die: 12

Perfect Item!

-1 mat

Item: Mjolner

Quality: Perfect

Description: This finely crafted smithing hammer is weighted to perfection, and will take Vandal's smithing abilities to the next level

Ability: + 1 Crafting Dice

Saix entered the shop with his customary disarming grin, looking around the humble abode with a sense of appreciation. Noticing Shark he stepped over to the other Guild Leader, who was examining a sword and shield on the wall. Studying the paired set, Saix gave a low whistle of appreciation. "Now that is certainly an impressive set." He said clapping his friend on the back. "Looking to upgrade your arsenal a bit? The big guy comes highly recommended by a few members of my guild. I left an order with him through the mail system a while ago, and got word it might be ready. I figured I might want something with a little more bite for this Boss Battle, looks like we might have had the same idea eh Shark?" He said, looking to see if Vandal was near the front counter.

"Hmmph, I wondered when you should show up. Here is your little toy, all wrapped up for you. Next time why don't you ask for a real man's weapon, a decent One-Handed Straight Sword with some heft and weight to the blade would do you good Vanguard." Grumbled Vandal, as he placed the oilcloth wrapped rapier on the counter top. Make no mistake, he wasn't really teasing Saix, he just didn't usually craft such delicate items, never mind such attention to decorative details. The miniature black roses and thorns that decorated the hilt were a far cry from the normally plain things he crafted.

Saix carefully unwrapped the cloth and beheld the sword with a critical eye, he glanced Vandal's way before lifting the sword in his hands and inspecting the blade for any imperfections. "Hmmm" He said, giving a few practice thrusts into the air. "Perfect balance, good speed, good damage, with the benefit of the condition I asked for. This is one of the best swords I have ever seen. Well worth the price." He said, quite seriously as he placed the sword back down on the cloth wrapping. "Will my previous payment be sufficient, or will you need more?"

Vandal's snort sounded like a gunshot, certainly breaking the reverent mood. "I'm not the type of man to welsh out on a deal. You paid the price I asked, and that's all that matters, so take it." He said, straightening. "I've heard about your guild, and I can imagine why you want a weapon that deals that kind of damage. That's only useful against something with a lot of HP, either a boss, or one of the high level mavericks. You do what you have to do Vanguard, and I hope that sword serves you well. You seem to know Paladin Guy over there, maybe you could talk him into buying some gear as well, maybe I should whip up some armor to go along with that sword and shield he seems interested in." Vandal's chuckle sounds pretty similar to a growl as he pulls another red hot chunk of steel onto the anvil, deciding it was time to test out this new hammer of his.

Craft Attempt 5/5

Craft die: 10 + 1

Rare Item!

-1 mat

Item: Holy Cuirass

Quality: Rare

Description: Forged of fine, polished, steel this shining cuirass features a blazing blue cross and looks fitting for a Templar to wear.

Ability: Heals the wearer for 1 hp if they roll an 8, 9, 10 on the Battle Dice

Saix laughs at the big man's response, as he sheathes his new sword on his waist. "Come on big guy, I'm just the leader of a little guild on the lower levels. I think you have me confused with someone else, I haven't fought on the front lines, and I sure am not about to take on one of the renegades. But... I'll keep your recommendation for using this sword when those times come." He says, with a nod. "You better be careful big guy, at this rate people might mistake you for an honest business man, or a big softy. It's not like some of the other smith's wouldn't try to make a little extra col off a job well done..." He said, watching Vandal craft some armor. "Oh, wow. Hey Shark, I think the big guy is trying to impress you. I can't think of anyone else who would want all this 'holy templar' gear."

I walked back over to the front desk with Saix and Vandal. I saw some new armor come out. You are right Saix, I think he is trying to impress me. I then look back at Vandal and the armor, sword, and Shield. Alright... I'll take them. They seem to fit me really well. I then prepare the transaction and then briefly mentioned about him joining the KoC. Maybe it will spark something.

"Tell you what, I'll sell all 3 as a set for 3,000 col. I doubt you will find better prices for items of this quality anywhere else. Since you know Saix, I'm guessing that means you will be fighting in the big Boss Raid. If it keeps you alive, then I don't mind selling cheap." Grumbled Vandal, looking down at his big calloused hands. He had thought about going to battle before, he knew he had the weapon and armor to be able to survive, but he had always hesitated. Knights of Christ huh? You guys are the oldest Guild in SAO, even older then The Ebon Vanguard." Guilds didn't really last long in SAO, they usually crumbled due to poor leadership or internal struggle. The fact that the KoC had lasted so long meant they had a strong foundation, and that foundation must have been their leader. Vandal mulled over the offer for a bit, before accepting the man's invitation.

Later in his forge, Vandal went back to work, hammering away at a new piece of steel with a clear idea of the weapon he wanted to make. Every hammer strike brought sparks from the red hot metal, and he could feel the simulated sweat running down his chest and back in rivulets. This new hammer was really worth it's weight in Col, he'd be making masterpieces left and right with this thing.

Craft Attempt 1/5

Craft die: 10 + 1 = 11

Rare Item!

-1 mat

Item name: Viper's Fang

Item: Shamshir

Item description: A magnificent Shamshir made of emerald metal, meticulously folded to a strong razor sharp blade. The hilt and fittings are made of hammered bronze, with snake scale engravings.

Abilities: + 2 Damage

Taking another piece of iron and smelting some steel, Vandal went back to work, hammering away as he tried to create something for the client who had contacted him by personal message. When he finished, he inspected the item critically, before deciding that it would do.

Craft Attempt 2/5

Rare Item!

-1 mat

Item: Serrated Blade

Description: This gleaming longsword features serrated edges to inflict deeper wounds.

Ability: Causes 1 point of bleeding for 3 turns when the wielder rolls an 8, 9, 10

Taking another piece of iron, Vandal carefully smelted a steel bar, and once the bar was red hot went to work on his anvil, pounding the metal into shape with his enchanted Crafting Hammer.

Craft Attempt 3/5

Rare Item!

-1 mat

Item: Spiked Targe

Description: This small shield is made of fine steel and features a long blade like spike in place of a boss.

Ability: If the opponent's battle dice is 6,7 or 8 (regardless of modifiers), the shield's spike inflicts 1 damage on the attacker.

I thought about the offer and checked my col. I had more than enough to buy the armor. I looked at the set and then back at Vandal. I will take you up on that offer. I said as I handed over the 3,000 col.

Yes, I am participating in the boss raid. I can't wait to work with Saix and his guild in this battle. I said as I started trying on the armor.

"Happy to do business with you. I'd say come back if it doesn't work, but you'd probably be dead, so just be sure that it works." He says, with a deep chuckle as he went through the quick steps of a standard trade agreement. A few quick pokes at the floating GUI and the transaction was complete, and the Holy Swordsman Set had gone to a brand new owner who looked like he needed all the gear he could get as he headed to the Boss Battle.