[SHOP-F1] The Iron Knight Forge

Miaki watched the smithy hard at work over the items and was a little disappointed with the results. After the man finished his work and put up his tools he came back to the counter.

"Well, a deal is a deal. 800 col then for the <"

"That's right. That was a good attempt though. I'll certainly return when I have other resources to offer you. I do alot of exploring and get alot of neat things over time. I actually have two ingots that I've haven't seen since. Saving those for a rainy day I suppose." Miaki handed over the proper amount. "800 Col right there for you. A fair deal. Nice try once again it's tough being a blacksmith I imagine. Keep at it and you'll see me in the near future I promise." Holding out his hand in a handshake he said, "I'm Miaki Murakami by the way."

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I'm Vandal, and I look forward to seeing you again, Mikai." He replied, shaking the offered hand. He may not have been able to do something for him with the Atlantis Iron, but he would remember him in the event he ended up crafting something more suitable for Miaki, so he could message him in game to let him know. Other than that, it had been a good day, he'd reached level 2 as a smith. Not bad. That meant he could do one more craft for the day. He didn't have armor for himself anymore, so he might as well throw something together that would work. He had plenty of Iron after all. A few minutes later he was pounding away on the anvil, and a new item was created.

Craft die: 12

Perfect Item!

-1 mat

Item: Lone Wolf's Cuirass

Quality: Perfect

Description: This heavy black iron armor is tough, strong, and not too pretty. But it was meant for battle, not display, so Vandal considers that a fair tradeoff. When the wearer scores a 8,9,or 10 on their combat roll, they will absorb all damage done by their opponent on the next turn. In the event their opponent scores a critical strike the wearer will take 1 damage.

"Hey Vandal, I'm back. I hope this is worth the effort me and Ragnar went through!" he laughs as he walks into the smithy. He was lugging a big bag of something heavy over his back. Ethereal made his way laboriously to the counter and puts down the burlap sack with a resounding THUNK. He wipes his brow and strokes the white raven on his shoulder while he waits for the smith.

Vandal raises an eyebrow as Ethereal walks back in, lugging his huge sack like a Dragon Slaying Santa Claus. "You manged to get some? Excellent." He said, wiping his soot stained hands off on a rag before moving over to open the burlap sack and examine the heavy bone. And boy was it heavy, no wonder this stuff had such a reputation. It was easily twice as heavy and dense as the Iron he was used to working with. "Alright, let's see how this turns out." He says, taking a piece of bone over towards the bellows and starting to work. Once the glowing red hot ingot is ready, he starts hammering it into shape.

Crafting Attempt: 1/3

Craft die: 5

Bad Item!

-1 mat

Sighing, the burly blacksmith took another piece of bone and approached the bellows, a grim expression on his face. Sometimes the numbers just weren't with you, but he wasn't going to let that get him down. Heating the ingot until it was glowing red hot, he used tongs to place it on the anvil, and with heavy hammer in hand, he began beating the glowing metal into the proper shape.

Craft Attempt 2/3

Craft die: 1

Epic Fail!

-1 mat

Sometimes it proved a little harder to not get discouraged by the crafting system. Though, Vandal considered himself pretty fortunate thus far. He had managed quite a few good items already, so a few setbacks shouldn't be allowed to bother him that much. Or so he told himself. In truth, he couldn't help but desire exellence. But he had one more crafting attempt for the day, and could keep at it as long as he needed to get an item of high enough quality. Alright friend, I've got one attempt left for the day, but if it goes like it has been, I can do another 3 tomorrow, until we get something that works. Alright?"

Satisfied that he had given his customer a little warning, and hoping that the numbers would prove in his favor again, Vandal took the final piece of dragon bone for the day, and went about preparing it. The randomness of item quality was a double edged sword, one that he understood on some level, but that didn't mean it didn't irk him when he felt he should have been able to provide something of better quality. Taking his hammer, he began shaping the red hot bone with a stormy expression. The finished item was not quite as good as he wanted, but at least it was something that his customer could use. Now they had some options, in any case.

Craft die: 10

Uncommon Item!

-1 mat

Item: Customer's Choice

Quality: Uncommon

Description: This intimidating black sword was forged from «Dragon Bone» and is exceptionally heavy and dense. The jagged serrations that make up it's massive blade causes bleeding when the wielder rolls a critical (9 or 10). This bleeding effect does 1 damage per turn, for 2 turns.

It was a new day, one he hoped to make up for yesterday's disastrous crafting. He had a few projects he needed to finish, mainly for Guild members. He was the second Blacksmight in the Ebon Vanguard, and he was quite behind 9Lives in his Smithing Level, but he liked to think he made good gear. So bright and early he started his crafting, taking a piece of iron and firing up his forge for the day, working the bellows to get the bone red hot and grabbing the heavy hammer to pound it into shape.

Uncommon Item!

-1 mat

Item: Steel Dagger

Description: This finely crafted steel dagger possess a wicked curving edge made for cutting deep and causing as much damage as possible. +1 Damage on successful hit.

Not bad, he could use that for Finnick's order. Picking up the shiny steel dagger, he laid it out on the counter before his customer. "One dagger, uncommon quality." he said, offering the other player the chance to hold and inspect the craftsmanship. Hopefully he had another satisfied customer."

Now that he had tested to make sure everything was in order, it was time to get to work. Taking another piece of the dense bone, he fired up the forge and went to work, wordlessly using his hammer to shape the metal just right...

Craft Attempt 2/3

Craft die: 2

Bad Item!

-1 mat

One more chance to day, this was getting really old really fast. It was sad that he was so accustomed to preparing this material by now, and he imagined that if this crafting attempt did not go better than his last 5, he would likely be spending more time continuing crafting with the dragon bone tomorrow, trying to get something created of high enough quality.

Craft Attempt 3/3

Craft die: 5

Bad Item!

-1 mat

Ether produces a golden potion from his coat. He moves it from one hand to the other. "I have a proposition. This is a perfect class potion. It refills the crafting meter. If I give this to you, you can get another few shots right now. My only condition is that if you make something under Rare quality I want it for free. This way everyone wins. What do you say? "

[OOC Chance missed disregard this post]

Another day, some more crafting. He was eager to get back to work, and first off he needed to take care of a project he had been putting off while he crafted with the Dragon Bone. So he prepared his first craft using a steel ingot, which after some heating, was hammered into the proper shape...

Craft Attempt 1/3

Uncommon Item!

-1 mat

Item: Steel Serpent Armor

Description: This scale armor is forged of tiny polished steel scales that glitter like the hide of a serpent, this motif is enhanced with etched serpent designs that run along the armor. (When worn an 8, 9, or 10 on the combat dice in battle will negate 1 damage done on the next turn. In the event an enemy scores a critical attack on the next turn, the damage will still be reduced by 1, but can only be reduced to a minimum of 1)

That was satisfactory, though Vandal couldn't help but feel a little disappointing he had yet to equal the success of his first day smithing. Never mind that, he had work to do. Pushing his doubts aside, and taking a another piece of the dense dragon bone, he went to work.

Craft Attempt 2/3

Craft die: 3

Fail!

-1 mat

Muttering a few choice words to himself that would not be considered polite in any form of company, Vandal took another piece of bone and did his best to calm his raging temper. He didn't like this, not at all. He was used to excellence, and when he couldn't do something correctly he just busted his ass until he could. The randomness of the crafting was starting to get to him. So he channeled that anger into his work, relieving a little frustration as he beat the unyielding material into shape.

Craft Attempt 3/3

Craft die:

Item!

-1 mat

Vandal closed his eyes and counted to ten, slowly, if only to give him something to do besides hurl his hammer across the room in rage. This had to be the worse string of luck any crafter had experienced in the game. Nothing to show for his efforts for the past few days save a few uncommon weapons and armor, and a string of failures. This couldn't be doing much in the way of helping him solidify his reputation, he was sure of that.

One more time today, he reminded himself as he stared angrily at the anvil. He had one more chance to prove to himself, and his customer, that he could do this. So, taking another bone in hand he went through the preparations, heating and preparing the bone for forging. His hammer blows rang like thunder, as he worked out his frustration by trying to pound a hole in the anvil.

Craft Attempt 3/3

Craft die: 8

Good Item!

-1 mat

That last craft had done it, leveled him up... That meant he could go again, one more craft each day because of his new Level 3 status. That meant a hope to turn this disaster around. Maybe he was being hard on himself, but he just couldn't live with not being able to create something better on a custom order like this. He knew of course that it was a random thing, totally outside his control, but that didn't make it hurt his pride any less. Not wanting to waste another piece of dragon bone on what he was certain was simply a day of awful luck, he he hammered away one last time for the day on a chunk of steel, hoping to be able to finally make something decent that he had been contacted about through the PM system.

Craft Attempt 4/4

Craft die:

Item!

-1 mat

Item: Steel Serpent Spear

Description: This Spear has been painstakingly crafted with serpent shaped inlays and encrusted with garnets. (+ 1 damage on successful attacks)