[PP-F3] <<Search for the Hoya>> Meaningless Trinkets

image.thumb.png.b5966e1e770cb3f87bb21b6f01f51ac9.pngThere was a brief respite between hunting dragon hatchlings with Macradon; something the ginger haired woman was somewhat relieved with. There were only so many baby dragon hatchlings she could tear through before it just began to hurt her heart too much.  Seriously? Who the hell thought up those quests anyway? Oh hey let's make some realistic baby dragons who cry out in anguished pain when hit, yay what a great quest!"  Mari shook her head. Macradon was right. They were nothing more than lines of data and code.

Still, it didn't exactly feel right.

Macradon may be taking a break, off doing whatever - perhaps collecting supplies for the upcoming boss battle... or seeing his fiance, Mari wasn't sure. All she knew was that she didn't have time to sit and rest. She needed to work hard, and fast to play catch up. It was why she was here; standing before the Forests of Wavering Mists. Wearing her usual attire; black fitted shirt, jean shorts, and dark boots. Dagger at her side and harness over her chest. She did not look the part of a frontliner. She  didn't look the part of a hardened fighter, or even a murderer (if you ignored the floating orange Crystal above her head) but she was all these things.

She never thought about Marriage within Aincrad, or meaningless trinkets like vanity presents like that - its why she never bothered with the Hoya quest before. THe though that always struck her was 'why bother' but today was different. She had something she wanted to do - and that was help her friend at the frontlines. Macradon hadn't shown it, but he seemed put off by the way some of the people acted there. Mari was terrified of returning but she wanted to make a difference.

In some way, atone for the past.

So she grit her fists and sighed. This quest would be easy right? The Minatour would take a single hit then bang, boom. dead. So why was she hesitating.

@Gaius

MARI LV 51  | HP 1050 | ENERGY 102
DAM:  11 | EVA 3  | MIT 25 | ACC 4 | 

EQUIPPED
Kusanagi  +2 DAM + 2 BLEED  | Beacon Necklace: +3 ACC  | Infernal Shadow T3 +2 EVA +1 Flame Aura

Rank 5 Dagger
Rank 5 Charge
Rank 5 Light Armour
Bull Rush
Survival
Precision
Athletics
Sprint/Acrobatics

Traveling the floor in haste, having shaved a fair bit of coin from just simple burning of the local wildlife to make another meal from the quick reaping of some lesser beasts.

Gaius began to feel some fatigue, he had been out grinding for a good half of the morning and his energy was tapped.

"Guess I need to take a breather.."

His legs shifting out from underneath him and a crashing rear to the top of a ringed stump of myriad lines signifying age.

Pulling a small bit of rounded parchment from his pocket, and peeling back the paper giving air to a small roll of bread.

Taking some large bites of the meager portions like a rabid animal, Gaius doesn't seem to chew his food and more inhale them.

Just outside the treeline, some girl just stood there appearing to stare in his direction while he was eating.

A loud shout with misinterpretation. "What!?, you got a staring problem? You know I can correct that for you!" Gaius shouted through a slight muffle with food still trapped in his mouth.

@Mari

Spoiler

Gaius, the Sweeping Typhoon

HP: 40/40

EN: 4/4

Damage: 4

Accuracy: 2

Edited by Gaius

Mari blinked. 'Staring problem?'

She tilted her head to the side, she hadnt noticed - but it  looked like someone was standing within the forest. It was hard to tell. It was called the Forest of Wavering Mists for a reason after all. "Sorry, what was that?" Mari asked as she took a few steps into the forest. Ah. That was better. She could see him now.

"Ah." Her eyes travelled from the top of his head, a messy bun of brown hair to his red vest, down to his pants - with a neat fold ironed into them. Her eyes travelled slowly back up to his face. He looked tired, and worn. He was eating bread - most people didn't eat that unless they were short on funds. "You know, it's called the Forest of Wavering Mists for a reason." Mari said as she took a step toward him, reaching out to pick a morsel of bread from his vest, then flicking it up into his face.  "I didn't see you there as I stood on the outskirts of the forest."

He seemed like the kind of person who acted without thought, who would think with his fists rather than his brain. Mari sighed,  doing that? It'd not end well for him. "Don't start fights with people you don't know, it may backfire." She took two steps past him then glanced over her shoulder. "Oh, and don't talk with your mouth full."  She didn't have time to teach a brat on etiquette. She had a quest to do.

@Gaius

"Well, I just wanted to enjoy a meal in peace, And for not staring at me you sure seemed to know exactly how to walk over here."

Gaius said with flawed information forgetting he had just yelled out giving away his position.

"Sounds like someone has a staring problem and a problem with telling the truth."

Gaius huffed and stood, his chest puffing out as he drew his spear and looked down on Mari.

"Why don't you take your own advice? For one so humbled as to tell others to not pick a damn fight you sure have a way..."

Tossing the roll to the ground in a huff.

"Of picking them."

Sliding his menu open and sending a duel request to her, first to hit on par with the usual.

"You seem to have your mind made up despite your wise words of wisdom, so sweetheart prove it."

Gaius pulls his spear out and pops his neck with a quick rotation left and right.

[Duel Request Received from (Gaius)]

[First Hit Duel]

[Do you Accept?]

[Yes/No]

@Mari

This guy... yeh, he was definitely an idiot. "You..." Mari turned on her heel so she could face him. "You do know that I only knew where you were because you shouted at me, right?" Mari shook her head. "I may have an issue with staring at times. I often find myself lost in my own thoughts." She took a few steps, and began to circle him as she tugged on her hair. "But, my strange and foolish friend - I do not lie." She said, still circling him. "I tell it how it is. Often to my own detriment, and do you know what I see?" Mari asked as she stopped in front of him again.

"A peacock who is ruffling his feathers. Really now..."  Mari knelt down in front of him. Her eyes glanced to the first hit duel request. Gaius

"Gaius, right? I have to warn you, I don't have any spare potions to give you." Mari said with a wary tone. "If you're level one - and I hit you once - just once. It'll shred your HP down to over half."  Her tone sounded cold, but worried. "I don't want to see someone die in front of me again." Came her next words.  Normally, she'd walk away from someone like this, let the man think whatever deluded thoughts he had, but she had a feeling that if she didn't nip this in the bud now, he'd keep going. He'd flash his fangs at the wrong person, and it'd be game over. "Do you have any potions? Do you have a safe way of getting back to town if I hit you?"

@Gaius

"Don't worry about me sweetheart, I appreciate the concern but If your O' so powerful I've got a couple of these HP 50's so don't worry on my account. Sounds like a cop-out, so honey no more games or excuses."

Gaius twirls his glaive, creating a disk of spinning blades before its halts with a solid *chink* as he draws his left leg up placing his left foot on his right knee cap pointing the polearms point toward the ground with the handle overhead.

"So, you want me to listen or take anything you say seriously? Victors write history."

"I live by my own actions, my own thoughts, and feelings and frankly I don't give a damn what you or anyone else thinks of that."

Gaius falls silent, his mind stills as his eyes focus Mari down with a slightly smug grin claims his mouth. For the fires of conflict is where he felt truly himself.

@Mari

'walk away, just walk away'

"Seriously dude? I may not look it, but looks can be deceiving. You'll get seriously hurt if-" He interrupted her loudly, and Mari doubted he'd ever listen to reason

So, you want me to listen or take anything you say seriously? Victors write history."

"Fine." Mari said with a sigh. He had potions right? And as she just said, looks could be deceiving. He could be stronger than he looked. Why else would he boast so much? Mari clicked accept. Because he was the one to initiate the duel, it allowed her the chance to attack first. Mari grabbed her dagger. The red blade glinting, even within the misty surroundings. 'Just a small hit, a teeny tiny hit, don't even try. Just swing it aimlessly at him.'

So that is exactly what Mari did. She, with very little effort, swung the dagger up, it tore through his abdomen in an upper cut to his shoulder - taking down just over a quarter of his health. She exhaled in relief. At least he wasn't level 1. Then, a small ping caused her eyes to snap open. There was a status above his head. Bleed.

Crap. 

Did that last out of a duel? She wasn't sure, she had no freakin' idea and that scared her. She felt her heart sink in her chest as her hands started to shake. This was a mistake....This was a mistake...

Mari quickly put her weapon away, seeing the lingering gash across the side of his torso. "Oh sh*t, Oh sh*t. Are you ok?" She asked.   'f*ck this was a stupid idea, I shouldn't have done this, what was I thinking? I should have just punched him. I should have walked away. I'll never forgive myself if this dumbass maniac dies.

"Please." Mari sounded almost desperate as she grabbed hold of his shoulders. "Please, Please - use a potion. I-if you don't you'l die." Shaky eyes glanced down to the wound again. "sh*t. I'm so sorry. I'm so f**king sorry. I didn't expect the bleed status to activate. It rarely ever does!"

Mari shook his shoulders, her voice a little erratic, "This is what I was f**king talking about! Do you understand? Don't go around being a dumb ass peacock! D-Do you want to die?"

@Gaius

ID: 135247  BD:10 -CRITICAL

Gaius  27/40
Mari Deals -13 Damage to Gaius
Bleed 24 damage  2/2 turns

*rolling*

Edited by Mari

Gaius took the hit and watched his HP plummet.

No S***, bout time someone stood up to me...

"Keep your pants on..."

Gaius reached into his pocket and withdrew a small vial of lime green liquid.

A second later a bit of copper tastes in his mouth as he watched his HP drop even further.

Gaius 3/40 HP Bleed 24 damage  1/2 turns

"Well a deal is a deal, I told you'd I'd heal if you hit me." Gaius chuckled and took one of his starting hp potions provided by the cardinal system when he started.

[Gaius drinks Starting Health Potion regaining +50 HP]

"Now you can tell me what to do, I'm so tired of people trying to control me without F*** backing those words with the guts to do it yourself."

"So If I'm a peacock what does that make you, and no I don't want to die but I refuse to let fear or chickens*** control me and that's how I want to live."

Gaius 40/40 HP Bleed 24 damage  1/2 turns

@Mari

Edited by Gaius

Mari exhaled a sigh of relief as she pulled her hands away. "Jesus Christ..." She said as she pressed a palm tight to her chest. She could feel her heart pounding a mile a minute. "My hearts going insane right now." This man really could have died, and it would have been her fault, and no amount of talking or well wishes would have redeemed herself from it. She may as well have thrown herself off the edge of Aincrad at that point.

With the flood of relief that washed over her, came a bite of rage as she lifted her other hand up to slap him across his face. "What the F**K where you thinking you dumbass. Do you have a death wish or something?" If Gaius were to look at her hand, he'd see that it  still trembled. Fear, adreneline, worry. So many things coursed through Mari's veins at that point and it was a damn near miracle the woman kept up with it.

Mari closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She didn't care what he had to say to her on the matter. She held it for a minute before exhaling. Right. She came here for a quest. Mari slowly pushed herself up off the ground, dusting the bits of twig and leaf that had attached themselves to her bare, freckled legs. "Right." She didn't want to admit it, but she had to make it up to him.  "I'm about to go on a quest to defeat a minotaur. It offers some decent skill points, and you'll get some Col out of it too. You can join me and I'll wipe it out in a single blow."

She paused. "Or, I guess you can sit there and talk about chickens and pants. I'm not going to tell you what to do, just..." She sighed as she rose a hand to run through her hair. "Just...be more careful about who you pick fights with, yeh?"

The hell was she so worried for...

Gaius tasted blood in his mouth again, running his tongue against his teeth and spitting it out with the red congealing in the dirt with a string from his face.

Gaius: 26/40

"Ah, that's one hell of a hit sweetheart." Gaius didn't know what the hell to call her so he'd stick to what he knew. her fist was shaking and see seemed distraught from the whole ordeal.

"It was my choice If you killed me, honey, it would have been my actions that put me in the grave, so calm the f*** down and get over it, stop trying to take responsibility for my actions yeah?"

Gaius said hoping she'd get pissed again and calm the hell down, someone else's worry was not something he liked owning.

"As I said before, I chose how to live my life. I will not let fear control me or chickens***'s, It's not a death wish its choosing to live my way for however long that lasts at least I am living."

Gaius reclaimed his glaive he had dropped in the commotion and twirled it to a sheathe.

"Deal, why not... I could use another meal and you obviously can handle your own." Gaius remarked checking the roll now littered with ants on the forest floor.

Such good food wasted...

@Mari

Edited by Gaius

"Ah, that's one hell of a hit sweetheart."

Mari nodded. "Yeh." She said half heartedly, she was still trying to calm herself down. "It's why I didn't exactly want to do it in the first place - but you kinda strike me as the guy who just doesn't take no for an answer, or more so...the type who'd just go ahead and do it to the next person, and the next. Until one day you do it to the wrong person. And, I figured...if I could have a hand in stopping such idiotic behavior I would."

Mari ignored the pet name for now, but if he kept up with it she'd have to put a stop to that too. He continued, saying how it was his choice if he killed her, placing a languid emphasis on the word honey. Damn it, really? Did he have to? She was doing her best to play nice, feeling guilty for having almost killed him. "I've learned that I need to take responsibility for every single name I put on that monument." Mari said quietly. "Regardless of if they were mistakes or not. IF they were accidents, or from other people being...well..." She glanced over at him. "Like you." Her eyes shifted forward again, just in time for her to notice a fallen log. She paused as she stepped on, then over it. Being too short to just directly jump it.

Mari turned to look over at Gaius. "It would have been me, I could have walked away. I could have left you to your own devices. Hell, even if you hit me - you would have been injured." Mari looped a thumb under the leather harness she wore and tugged on it. Burning embers were lifted to the surface. "Flame Aura. Woulda wiped out 15hp, more than a basic attack from me. I could have left you on that - but no. It was my decision to accept. That omnus is on me."  She turned back away from him. What would Macradon have said if she told him about this? Or Alkor? She'd imagine Alkor would have been disappointed, and told her to just walk. To not engage.

That it was her own fault for even bothering to continue with such behavior. Her chest felt heavy. Just how close was she to loosing the so very few people she actually could have called a friend?

"Besides...no matter the reasons. In this world. No one has your back when you're a PKer. They wouldn't care what the circumstances are. They'd see you as nothing more than a murderer....and...rightly so."

They continued through the forest, slowly - due to the thickening mists. "Oh, and my name is Mari. Not honey or sweetheart." She added.

@Gaius

"Damn right, and I will do it again to any motherf*** who dares try and control me. It's not idiotic, its shutting naysayers up, those damn imbeciles who try to control s*** without putting their feet to the ground."

"I need to take responsibility."

Gaius mimics with a subtle taunt "No you don't, look here atlas the whole damn world isn't your responsibility, one day you'll grow up and understand that only your actions are the ones you're responsible for. Stop living for the past, get the hell over it and live will yah. Call it a death wish but maybe your so used to chickens*** who are afraid to tell you this to your damn face, give the hell up on this b-s that your responsible for people's actions. Choices are the one thing we own, and I make mine completely free of all that baggage."

"And It was my decision to follow through, so what of it?"

"A PK'er huh, just some bs for people to be petty.. they don't like it F*** um' they do them you do, you. I don't give a damn what color your horoscope is." Gaius says huffing himself and turning his nose.

I need a bath...

"So Mari, drop all this garbage that's obviously on your mind and just live a little, yeah?"

Gaius removes a small roll and tosses it at her.

"And you know, you look like your starving, learn to eat huh."

Gaius starts to wander toward where he assumes this Hoya crap is.

Gaius: 36/40

@Mari

Edited by Gaius

So it was all for naught, their little tit for tat, her worry and fear that he'd die. Because he would do it all again!? Mari groaned as she pressed her fingers to her temples, rubbing them. "Dude. I wasn't even trying to control you. You're the one who shouted at me, and picked a fight with me. I wasn't doing anything to you." She turned to glance at him. "You thought I was staring? Boy please." She said with a scoff as she turned away.

As if she'd be interested in a meathead like him. 

He mocked her, imitating her voice and words in a high pitched and mocking tone. Mari turned to him again, her face meeting his chest with an 'ommf' Mari took a step back, shaking her head and snorting. "The f**k is your problem!" She said as she pushed him back a step, he was close, way too close. She had caught a big whiff of wild game, and the dewy scent of heady mist.  "Ugh.."

He didn't relent, his hard voice articulating punctured words. Calling her Atlas. Ouch. How the world wasn't her responsibility. "Grow up?" Mari said exasperated. "Grow up? Geez. You'd be barely older than I am, if that." She spat. He was really frustrating her. In part because his words were true, and in another part because of the way he said them. He mustn't have a lot of friends with that attitude.

'And yet, with me trying my hardest to atone and make amends, I've barely made any myself...maybe he's right in a way. I shouldn't be letting everything weigh so heavily on my shoulders - but its hard. When every day I'm reminded of everything.

Mari didn't voice her thoughts, she didn't want to give him ammunition, or inflate his ego by admitting he was even partially right.

"That's...big talk for someone who's so low leveled." Mari said. That was a safe reply. No emotions, not heartache, no woe is me.

"They do them, I do me, huh..." Mari repeated thoughtfully. It'd be nice... to live soley for herself. Ever since she shut herself away, ever since she came back - she'd be doing nothing but helping others, trying to work with others. She felt like she was loosing parts of herself, but never once did she question it. She figured it was all a part of rehabilitating herself. "Little hard to live a little when I can't get in anywhere." She added as a wry joke.

She stared at his back angrily as she tore the roll up into tiny little pieces that disintergrated before they hit the floor. Learn to eat? Bastard. She may not eat much, but damnit she wasn't like a twig or anything. Did she really look that bad? Tears stung the corner of her eyes as her freckled cheeks burned red. "D-do you even know where you're goin'?" She shouted at his back. "You're gonna get lost at that rate!"

@Gaius

"Exactly so if that was the case, then why the hell are you trying to take the blame?"

"I don't have a problem, you do, you pretend to be a damn adult, and yeah we may be the same age but at least I know when to let s*** go and just live."

"Seriously, that's the best you've got sweetheart?" Gaius laughed hard at this, it was a poor attempt to phase him which mattered little to him.

"Better to be low leveled, then be so damn thick that I can't do anything without making everyone's problems mine."

Little hard to live a little when I can't get in anywhere

Gaius didn't understand the concept, the hell does that have to do with anything.

"Then just say something to someone, you want a damn beer I'll bring you one.

"You want a damn pony, a mattress just ask. I'm sure I'll piss people off but I personally don't give a f***"

Life doesn't have to be impossible, it doesn't have to be a damn ordeal. Everyone seems to forget that when push comes to shove you get what you want out of it and allow yourself to have. Me? I'm going to take the whole damn pot, by force if I have to."

"Yeah, but where will I end up if I do? If I end up somewhere I want to be, am I truly lost?"

Gaius finds a small spring of clear water entirely by accident, breaking off from Mari for a moment.

"Now if you'll give me a second..."

Gaius shoves his head into the small pool of water washing some of that stink off.

Gaius: 40/40

@Gaius

Edited by Gaius

Mari was trying hard to not let his words get to her, he didn't know. Nor understand. The ramifications of taking one life took enough of a toll. Others? Her own daughter? It just stacked up over and over till she felt like she was constantly crumbling, struggling to pick up the pieces of her psyche. And here was this man, dismissing those actions as though they were nothing.

'He doesn't understand, don't give him fuel just let him rant till he shuts up.'

"Mari." She corrected. "Just Mari." The woman really didn't need him to constantly refer to her as 'sweetheart' especially in such a condescending tone. The ass. "I get it." Mari muttered. "You don't like the way I look or act. Fine. I don't give a f**k. If you want to piss off then do so. But I really don't want to hear you constantly talk [censored] about things you know little of. or do I need to drive my dagger into you again?"

The threat wasn't real of course, she wouldn't risk actually killing him - and his supply of potions may not be all that vast. Especially since he was so low leveled. She ignored his offer of beer - there was little point to alcohol in Aincrad. No matter how much you drank you'd never get intoxicated. A mattress was tempting, but knowing him he'd bring her a mouldy straw covered one and expect acolytes of praise.

"Careful you may just end up taking a hole pot o' sh*t." Mari chided as she followed him to the pool of water.

"C'mon." Mari said as she approached him from behind and grabbed the cuff of his shirt, pulling his head out of the water. "The Hoya is just up ahead. It's actually a giant Minotaur, with any luck maybe he'll gore you a lil." Mari muttered. "At least that'd get you to shut the hell up for a minute or two. Seriously. Do you love the sound of your own voice or what?" She hissed as she let go of the back of his shirt.

"Let's go."

@Gaius

"Mari then, don't assume that I don't like the way you look or act and put words in my mouth. I just don't care about any of that crap your using as an excuse."

Gaius looked at her with honesty as she drug his face from the water and threatened to stab him.

"Promise? if you want to, have at it."

Gaius lifts his shirt up and pats his abs "At least do it though, don't just pretend to then cry about it later." Gaius chuckled and goaded her for a moment.

"Damn right I do, I have to hear it whenever I fight or speak so I might as well enjoy it."

"Yeah, he can give me what for, then I'll give him one. Let's see what he's got."

"Lead the way, just Mari."

A large shrub maze condensed in large 7ft high walls, Gaius took his spear and shoved it into the soil propping himself on it like a fence post.

"Big a** horns yeah?" Gaius remarked pointing off over the high walled bushes.

"I can see his a*** right there."

@Mari

Mari covered her face as Gauis lifted up his shirt. "Jeezus cover that f**king cheese grater you ass!" She said as she quickly turned away from him. "I was obviously just taunting you sheesh."  Did this man really want to die? In the past she would have probably stabbed him again and left him in the forest - but that was then...and this was now. And now she was trying so very hard to rehabilitate and redeem herself.

It's not really an excuse though, is it?

Mari wasn't going to voice that thought. She headed into the Labrynth using the tip of the Minotaurs horns as a guide; first one left, turn, then another. "If you don't want me putting words in your mouth, then stop assuming sh*t about me. We'll call it even then." Mari muttered. Another right turn - and there it was.

Half the maze had been through the Forest of Wavering Mists - this last part was easy. All she had to do was swing her dagger at the beast and it'd be done and dusted. She could pack up, go home and call it a day.

Except I don't really have a home now, do I?

Mari pulled out her Dagger and stood between the Hoya Minotaur and Gaius, as much as she didn't like his behaivour, she wasn't going to let him get struck down and die. Actually just for good measure...

Mari turned and glared at Gairus. "That giant f**king thing will wipe you out in two hits so-Uhghh..." Mari faltered as she was slung toward the ground. The Minotaur had used her distraction to attack. Lowering its horns to tear into her side. Sh*T, this is all I needed.

The damage barely registered with her. She swatted at the Minotaur. Pulling its horn out of her side. "Listen here you f**King horny bastard. We were having a conversation She hefted it away. With a disgrunted huff. She wanted to blame Gaius for distracting her, but really...it was her own fault for letting him get to her.

Mari pointed her blade at him. "As for you - sit down and shut up. Let me handle this bullheaded ass then I'll handle your bull headed ass." Mari said as she turned her back on Gaius.

No more distractions.

@Gaius

MARI LV 51  | HP 1023/1050 | ENERGY 100/102
<<Rapid Bite>>  12 x 11 = 132 Damage/Missed

HOYA MINOTAUR  | HP 45 | DAMAGE 30

ID:135248  BD:1+4=5   miss    MOB - 10 CRIT

Edited by Mari

"Back the hell up dude, let Mari finish chewing me out. It was finally getting good." Gaius chuckles as the balsy chick rips a horn from her side.

"This is going to be fun big boy, wait for it!"

Gaius's glaive takes a lime green glow as he tosses it airborne and leaps with surprising feet upward to meet it, a soft descent as Gaius screams out vocal from the ground.

"Grand-Driver!"

A bright light flares on the tip of his spear, Gaius begins hurtling downward in a falling strike like a meteorite the polearm tears deep into the Minotaurs chest cavity.

"Alright, I've got him, finish this and let's get paid. and don't go assuming I'm useless now, save that for later!"

Gaius keeps the spear planted within it, struggling with each sway of the beast trying to keep it pinned for her to slit its throat.

#135249 BD: 10 Major Critical! {4+2}*2=12 Damage

Gaius: HP 40/40 EN: 4/4, Damage 4, Accuracy 2

MARI LV 51  | HP 1023/1050 | ENERGY 100/102
<<Rapid Bite>>  12 x 11 = 132 Damage/Missed

HOYA MINOTAUR  | HP 33/45 | DAMAGE 30

Edited by Gaius

"Getting good?" Mari retorted as she watched him pull out his spear. Oh boy... he was going to attack it wasn't he? Goddamn it could he just stop and think about things for one damn second?

"Dude, I'm beginning to think you have some really weird ass kinks." She said with a shake of her head. To the broad mans credit; he managed to be quick enough to land a hefty blow on the Minotaur. He held the beasts neck taught, allowing her ample room for attack.

<<Rapid Bite>> Her weapon flashed with a blue light as she lowered herself and darted toward the beast. Was the move overkill? Yes. Did she care? No. Mari used her daggers first blow to pull herself up the beasts torso then the next successive strikes came at its neck, at different angles. The beast came tumbling down with Mari still attached to it. It exploded beneath her. Just as she thought.

It was easy pray.

Mari sighed as she wiped the dagger on her dark denim shorts. That was taken care of at least. She put the dagger into its sheath then clipped it to the hem of her jeans. There was something glimmering in the aftermath. Mari bent her knees to kneel down and pick it up from the ground. <<Hoya of Minos>> It was a necklace. A shimmering pendant that looked like teardrop carved from Opal. Mari read the description out loud, "To be given as a wedding, date, or birthday gift...Ugh..." She lowered her hand. "Like I know anyone well enough for that." She turned her eyes to Gaius. If she wasn't so pissed at him she'd offer him the item, but too bad. The dumb ass of a man crap talked his way out of a valuable item. She'd be able to sell it for some sort of Col. Not enough to matter to her, but enough to probably matter to him.

"Well, that's it. Want me to lead you back out the forest? It is a bit of a maze." She stood and shifted her wait to one side, placing a hand on her hips. "Or you want to do it on your own, like a big boy?"  Mari closed the gap between them. "You know there's another Minotaur floating around - you think you're capable of handling that alone?"

@Gaius

ID: #135151   BD 5+4=9
MARI LV 51  | 
HP 1023/1050 | ENERGY 90/102

<<Rapid Bite>>  12 x 11 = 132

HOYA MINOTAUR  | HP 0/45 | DAMAGE 30

Edited by Mari

The beast went limp and popped dropping his glaive lax in his hands, spinning his glaive and sheathing it into its housing

"Why do you want to hold my hand or carry me back? No thanks I think got it covered."

A subtle chuckle toward Mari with a bit of chastising as she alludes to another Minotaur hiding in the maze.

"Eh, I've had enough and I think I need a real bath instead of a dip in a pot o' s***, I was just manhandling a giant sweaty horse so you didn't get stabbed again."

Like I know anyone well enough for that

A quick pull of Mari into his chest then releasing her after a brief embrace

"I think you do, no more excuses or lying to yourself, so give it to them. Then get the hell over it just Mari. And try not stabbing anyone else K?"

Gaius walks off into the mist as it obscures him and a wave of his right hand as he vanishes into it.