[PP-F1] Music Notes start to Fly <Earning A Living, Performer>

Dropping back into the clearing from the oak she was perched in near where Kasumi and Raidou sat, hard at work collecting what they were after. The principles of what Raidou still intended where still an enigma to Setsuna but blindly she followed his direction. An eye to Quinn yields a reflection, the girl was uncomfortable near new people it seemed watching her peel up the item Raidou had left on the ground for her. "I don't understand what your doing, you aim to collect all these things but then give them away a second later." Setsuna asked Raidou while kneeling down with almost a bit of spite on her tongue. Scanning what it was that he was messing with: the patch of plants being raked around underneath his experienced fingers but not stopping as they brushed the tops, remembering the last time she'd done this leading to him exploding and the guild she now resided in being formed in the wake.

ID# 136478 results: Loot: 4+2, Failure!

Edited by Setsuna
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Setsuna moved down to join him, Kasumi returning to the node she was working on. Raidou nodded, glad they'd followed what was asked of them. Quinn seems to retrieve his offering, which Raidou catches on his peripheral but doesn't pay the action response but a bit of relief washing over him beneath the guise he wore. Sifting through the patch underneath him of blues, greens and reds seemed riddled with immaturity as he has difficulty locating one that is usable. Setsuna speaks to him while he checks each for that familiar glitter along the tips of the plants in question, which dignifies a response from the red wanderer.

"We have time, so let me explain. When we remove these materials from the system it increases the number available, despite if kept by us or given to another it still exists as a value. Inflate those value enough and surplus raises, enough surplus will drain cost which moves full circle back to our efforts. It's simple supply and demand. By aiding those we meet and continue to flood the market with not only resources but crafters to utilize them, we reduce our own costs in the same market and make an influx of useable items readily in every player's grasp." Raidou explains showing her an herb from his satchel before returning it from wince it was drawn, hoping the explanation would make things more clear.

ID# 136479 results: Loot: 8+5, Failure!

Edited by Raidou

Quinn was completely confused by the fact what was going on and she still was in her panic state looking at the people before her. How and why did she come at this moment, It went much better last time, but last time Mari was with Quinn and nothing too dangerous happened except THE swan. But he was not around at this time luckily. Looking scared and confused at the group Quinn took the ring and looked at it for a bit it seemed like a good item but why give it to Quinn what did she do. Quinn spoke in a soft and quiet "Why?" She said this time is really not into this moment and being scared and confused at the same time.

It was not long before Quinn looked at the other people they seemed friendly but Quinn didn't want to jump in and say something and just kept quiet sitting on the ground at least almost about to cry to all the people suddenly coming up to her. I want to go home, Back to the room I rented and hide there forever, I don't want to be here I don't want to be here I DONT WANT TO! Quinn went inside her head as she held her hands close to her chest now as she got on her knees a bit now as she was sitting on them. Her body was clearly still shaking and she was scared for the people around her, it did not help that they just kept doing what they did and Quinn was completely lost in her thought as she was sitting frozen.

@Raidou

Her attention focused forward at the wall of rock, her orange hair soaked in sunlight and draped over her shoulders. Kasumi continued scanning the stone, her ears perking up to Raidou's explanation with a softened grin on her mouth. Another analysis that proved how his mind worked, a mind she'd respected from years past. Quinn still seemed troubled and although it shook Kasumi wanting to aid the girl, it seemed a group of people would just increase the problem and left the response to Raidou. Scanning the stone with a passing eye, rubbing her hands along the surface as she does so she cannot seem to locate any more gemstones on this node and would have to seek out another.

Placing the small silver pick back onto her hip, Kasumi readjusted the ribbon that kept her hair out of her face. Pulling a quick tug against her clothes to allow them a breath Kasumi scanned the area for another.

ID# 136693 results: Loot: 10+3=13, Failure!

Edited by Kasumi

Raidou explained to her his intentions and with them, Setsuna began to understand what he wished to achieve. Simply all he strove for was a flooded market of the well-equipped base of players, to drop the highest quality swords and shields into every arm that would bare them. This wasn't a game to him she was certain, he was focused on building an army against the digital one against them. A soft nod in acknowledgment in understanding, lifting herself from the patch she was knelt on and leaving the rest to the guild master to finish up. Her eyes of ice took to the girl with brown ones, a subtle wind dragging her blonde hair graced by the look of confusion painted upon her face. Turning to face Raidou the boy in red, eager and expectant to see what he would do as she cared not in this plot of his, but wanted to see what his actions would be.

ID# 136694 results: Loot: 4+2=6, Failure!

Edited by Setsuna

Withdrawing himself from where he was kneeled, A flutter of the red cloak at his back as he stood. Raidou noticed Quinn's confusion and despite his efforts to heed Ceres's words and give her space as he was taught, Raidou closed the gap between the pair as he could stand the girl in this state no longer. A small glimmer out of the corner of his eye, Raidou makes a slight detour and sure enough, what he finds is a small box spawned in by the cardinal just out of sight that he'd just happened to see out of the corner of his eye. Sure he could claim it, but the value in such a container in this instance could be oh so much more than its contents.

Keeping a mental note of the container where it was placed, Raidou returned to the clearing and took to Quinn's side. Taking a seat a foot or so from her, the tapestry on his shoulders billowing out in the dirt around him taking on a belled shape. "Please use that extract, you only need to smell it. Close your eyes and center yourself around the scent, I'll wait as long as you need. Once you are comfortable enough to speak, ask your questions I can see them hanging on your tongue." His amber eyes met her brown ones as the shade dropped the reflection of sunlight along the lenses to allow them to show through.

ID# 136707 results: Loot: 14+5=19, Successful Chest Located!

Edited by Raidou

Quinn jumped a bit as the guy moved close to her and she seemed a bit more scared. But hearing his word felt very familiar, back then and many times back then she was having a panic attack and always someone later or sooner said those words to her, Close your eyes and focus on one thing. Carefully taking the extract Quinn opened it and smelled it, Lavinder. Closing her eyes she was clearly still breathing fast and no amount of trying to focus was helping her. Quinn took a minute as she was thinking and thinking, Song Song Song Song Song!!!! Get it stuck in your head!!! Quinn thought as her inside voice was a bit in a panic as well. A few moments passed and Quinn started to breath slower and she clearly seemed to calm down a bit after a long deal of that.

Opening her eyes she dried them right away and looked at the guy, making a small bow as she was sitting, "Q-Quinn. The n-name is Q-Quinn." She said low and soft to him still holding her hands close to her chest and sitting on her knees. She clearly was not ready for it but inside her head, there was this song stuck now as she was focusing on that more now. "S-Sorry to be a T-Trouble," Quinn said softly as a small accent came out as well, clearly to hear. Her France accent was there for sure but she did not make it clear by speaking soft and quiet.

Kasumi did her best to focus on the task she had been doing before Quinn happened upon the group, but she seemed unable to focus on what she was doing prior. Her heart wished to extend to the girl and help ease her pain and discomforts, looking in her direction she saw Raidou sitting there his robe pooled around him as it appeared she was speaking but was unheard given the distance between her and the pair. A slight smile on the corner of her mouth in a silent relief, Kasumi turned back to the jagged rocks letting Raidou do what it was to be done. Stepping around and between the sphered rock carefully purveying the surfaces with her amber eyes looking for a familiar sparkle of light reflecting across embedded gemstones amongst the crags, Kasumi spends a fair amount of time kneeling and scanning each of them to no prevail.

ID# 136721 results: Loot: 3+3=6, Failure!

Edited by Kasumi

A quiet gaze as Raidou approached the girl who sat in the dirt, Setsuna seemingly just as distracted as Kasumi was. Raidou joined her where she sat, thoughts danced through her head in a quiet reflection of her own past. "The same he had done for me." Setsuna whispered to no one, seeing a likeness between then and now. Trying to draw her gaze from the pair and continue working, halting this waste of time as the clock ticked forward but she couldn't find the willpower to remove her eyes from their fixated position over the two as Quinn seemed to speak at him. A soft blink from her as she struggled with the thoughts of inactivity but entrapped in the events as they unfolded trying her best to break the cycle that was robbing her of the ability to move away and continue. Folding her arms in a slight fluster, she attempted to convince herself that this was what she wanted to do.

ID# 136722 results: Loot: 4+2=6, Failure!

Edited by Setsuna

Quinn seemed to kneel down even further, an interesting position to say the least but unnecessary. Raidou fighting through his own issues, hiding them through a clenched jaw spoke toward Quinn with the same slow, steady and softened voice "Quinn...I am Raidou." he spoke to her his name. A manner of speech he was all too familiar, one that he wished to forget he had but the taste of copper in his mouth hardly let him forget its existence.

The girl was attempting an apology she need not make, Raidou adjusting the frames that aimed to slip from his nose "There was no trouble, Quinn. If there was any it stemmed from my team's overzealous responses, not from your own actions." Raidou spoke with a firmness from his cords, determined to clear the air between the girl and his group and to ease her mind a tad. "I assume your out here for a reason and given your proximity to the village like many before you. Would I be mistaken to conclude you are on a quest? If so, I'd like to give you another gift." Raidou deduced given the sheer amount of the times he'd accompanied players and parties on such an endeavor.

Pointing off where the chest lie, Raidou hoped the girl would seek it out as a peace offering between them. To prove his intentions without words as it seems like him, Quinn had issues with people.

Edited by Raidou

It was still quite a bit to gather, first a jump scare from a dude she didn't even know from a monster that was nowhere near attack her. Then more people showing up as a group. After that two of them got sent away and soon after that Quinn got an item from the guy that seemed to be the leader, Raidou seemed to be his name. Then at that same moment trying to calm down the guy seemed to be offering something to Quinn. "Y-You sure," Quinn asked him as she looked over the chest he pointed out. He seemed to mean it and Quinn stoot up.

Standing up it was clear how small Quinn now was. being not taller than 4'7 and having the appearance of a small girl. Walking over to the chest Quinn opened it carefully but once opened something shinned right into her face. Not just something as soon as she opened it the Quest got updated and she was asked to return to the store from the lady. Quinn turned around to Look at Raidou, "You... m-mean it, All ... all of this," Quinn said opening her screen in front of him showing him the items she just got from it. It is like she just hit a gold spot with opening the chest. You could clearly see past her still somewhat wet eyes a glitter of joy almost a spark of pure joy. If so then this gonna be perfect, I can finally start working on to my adventure with this shield, but I would have to get it ready and go, Quinn thought to look at the list she showed Raidou.

ID# 136724 results:
LD 20 
150 Col, (8) materials, perfect shield, (2) rare consumable

5/5 Materials | Quest Updated,

Edited by Quinn

Continuing her routine inspection of the stones, it seeming as though Raidou had made it through the discomfort and reached her. The grin still attached to her face Kasumi scans through the crags of rock and through her consistent circles finds a small nugget of light. Retracting her small silver pick and tapping on the stones surface in a few soft pops as if shaving ice as pebbles rain down from the impacts. Cutting a decent size circle around her quarry Kasumi takes her hands to it, a glowing red gemstone reflecting sunlight back. Shifting her shoulders and heaving back, it takes some effort before it finally breaks free from its container. A rough jewel ready to be cut down and would make a fine piece of jewelry if processed properly.

Shifting the piece after a slightly closer analysis of its quality, Kasumi adds it to her bag and begins to rub her hands along the surface once again aiming to find another.

ID# 136727 results: Loot: 18+3=21, Success!

1*T1 Materials Obtained!

Total T1 Materials: 5

Edited by Kasumi

With Quinn seeming to relax Setsuna finds herself roaring back to reality, realizing she had been staring with an unannounced feeling she wasn't too familiar with. Breaking her self away from the lock in the direction of the pair, her eyes becoming her own once more looks up to the treeline and dives up into them. A quick tap of her feet along the trunk of the tree until her hands reach a branch and she spins her frame around it before launching higher into the canopy. Sliding around through the pillars of wood with leaves falling down in her shifts, not intending to be hidden but move quickly as the trail of debris keeps her position in the overhang known. Moving along quickly, half to make up time wasted and others to avoid what she was just lost in Setsuna comes to a small bolt of fabric amongst some sort of run-down building. Shaking her head to keep focused and shake this feeling in her chest, Setsuna adds it to her bag and finds herself back to safety. 

ID# 136728 results: Loot: 13+2=15, Success!

1*T1 Materials Obtained!

Total T1 Materials: 2

Edited by Setsuna

"I'm sure, after all, Its exactly what I intended from the beginning." Raidou said to Quinn from his seated position, for this was in fact the reason he frequently gathered directly outside the walls of Tolbana village. It would be easier to gather in the garden located on this floor, but Raidou and by extension Firm Anima always took a moment of every day to gather here and assist others in their endeavors. "It's all yours, I am eager the kind of good you could do with what you have there," Raidou said taking note of what she'd pulled and deemed it should have been enough to finalize her journey. Standing from where he sat and taking his place back from whence he came, Raidou was glad that things were set right and Quinn was able to succeed what she had come here to do.

Leaning down at the patch he was working within silence, content with the way things had turned out Raidou took back to the peace that was picking herbs that composed his sanctuary: The one thing that he focused on.

ID# 136729 results: Loot: 1+5=6, Failure!

Edited by Raidou

Quinn did not understand why or how Raidou worked, even as well getting to understand why he was so kind to her was a bit hard to grab compared to what other people did. It was clear that Quinn was not really keen on this newfound attention. Normally she would get her attention from her job or parents. "I'm S-Sorry... I g-guess I can't of m-made you give away t-these good i-items," Quinn said low and soft to Raidou she was trying to blame herself for being greedy and was willing to give the items to him as well. Why... WHY did he do that, I did nothing to make me earn it, I should give it back really I should give it back right now, Quinn thought opening the menu.

Walking over to Raidou Quinn made a bow right in front of him "S-Sorry, Please have them back!" Quinn said as she sends him a trade request. She was waiting for her menu to update as she was still holding her head low as she looked at her own menu waiting for him to accept it. It was really something to gain help out of nowhere without even asking for it, as well that this care about someone her age seemed to be even dumber and stupid.

Trying her best to remain focused on the small crags of stonework she'd aim to deal with a sliding of her hands over its smoothed surface that reflected the sunlight back as it beat upon its surface. Not seeming to find a stop to work on removal, Kasumi finds herself distracted as Quinn moves to Raidou's side and begins to speak. The words were difficult to make out, and Kasumi found herself staring trying to see what was being spoken. Shaking her head and trying to keep set on what she was doing and let Raidou handle that which Firm Anima had damaged, but she found herself interested and unable to find anything in her divide of attention.

Kneeling down to break line of sight with the pair, Kasumi begins scouring the lower half of the rock while trying to advert her interests back to what she was intended to be here for, but it was a fruitless endeavor. 

ID# 136809 results: Loot: 1+3=Failure!

Edited by Kasumi

Stranger still Setsuna having just pocketed the cable and aimed to move on to another, took notice of Quinn actually approaching Raidou in a complete 180 of the prior events. Setsuna couldn't help to look on as the girl seemed to speak, standing over Raidou as he worked the same as always. "What, did you do?" Setsuna whispered to the winds, trying to understand how the events had come to this and what Raidou may have said to bring about such a change. Trying to return herself to the assignment she was given, she couldn't help herself as curiosity preyed upon her mind enough that she found herself fixated on the pair from her perch in the canopy of trees. Silverish blue eyes laser-focused on them from the treetops, her silver hair carried with the increased winds as she watches on in silent infatuation for what was to transpire next.

ID# 136810 results: Loot: 2+2

Edited by Setsuna

Raidou lingered on the patch under him, sifting his hands over the small clutter of colors as none of them speak to him. "Seems the place is rather devoid of..." Raidou whispers to himself before Quinn cuts him off with a bit more broken speech in her thickened french preying on her tongue. "They are your's Quinn, I would be glad if you would use them. Take the boons I've given you and keep yourself safe and always prepared. A small act such as this can change one's world can it not, I hope that in giving you these I have positively altered your journey." Raidou said with a few soft phrases, keeping his responses diffused of any misinterpretation and slightly subdued to remove her uncomfortability to the best of his abilities. Raidou knew what it was like...

"I only wish whats best for you, like those before you, you deserve such kindness as did I." Raidou spoke looking to her with a mild grin on his face with shut eyes, as he declines her trade request.

ID# 136812 results: Craft: 8 Loot: 4+5=9, Failed!

Edited by Raidou

It was really not getting Quinn that someone as nice could be just this guy, to be sure most people did care for her but it was mostly because of her looks. As soon as the menu showed up with a decline Quinn looked up from her bow and she seemed to be upset quite a bit by it. She never went back on things like this but why did this guy want to make sure Quinn kept the items. "B-But... I d-did nothing," Quinn said soft and quiet as her voice trailed off a bit as she was still clearly in a small panic not at any point of pure calmness. Looking her up and down now you could clearly see Quinn was not comfortable at all with this and it was out of her nature that she got helped like this.

With the quest done and really no way on repaying Raidou Quinn turned her look to the ground being clearly upset and very uncomfortable at this point. "I s-should go b-back to t-the town... M-My quest is .... is done," Quinn said quiet and soft having a few hiccups here and there in her words. She opened her menu and if someone looked at it it was clear what quest she was doing at this moment. On one side Quinn could not wait to play with the music mechanic while on the other hand she also wanted to get out of here RIGHT ABOUT NOW!

Quinn was notably flustered, it was clear that processing what Raidou had done for her was not something she was entirely comfortable with accepting. The sentiment was nice to be sure, but Raidou found that what was provided would suit her better than him and his group and wished her to keep what was given. "You should go back, and if you would wish to seek to repay me. Do what I have to others, finish your quest and use it what you create to aid them. I believe it is not in what you have done but what you will do." Raidou said with another few softened phrases, as the others sat idly by locked on the discussion between them.

Returning his gaze to the floor underneath him, his eyes softly dancing around along the ground as he poked and prodded the pile of hues. "I believe in you Quinn, the one thing you can do is prove my decision was a wise one. If you should ever need me again, I am always here at the crack of dawn." Raidou decrees as he tears free a small lime green herb from where it lay, possibly to create another one of those happy little failed potions.

ID# 136816 results: Loot: 14+5=19, Success!

1*T1 Materials Obtained

Total T1 Materials: 3

Edited by Raidou