[SP-01] <<Earning A Living>>

"What do you want- Oh you want to learn how to be a cook! Yay! I love teaching adventures, follow me! Hurry, come on, we don't have all day," the young women chirped as she grabbed Cordelia's hand, leading her into the kitchen. 

She only came here to look at food, but she guessed that was okay, too. 

"Now I hope you know I'm very serious about this, so I must show you how exactly to cook it. Follow my every step and you'll be one of the best cooks there are, but not better than me." 

"Okay."

Cordelia watched as the woman start to scramble around, looking quite a bit frantic before she turned back to her. "Sorry about this, this never happens, but the cooks have officially ran dry of materials. Go get me five more ingredients, then I will know you want to be a cook just like your dear Maggie here."

"Okay."

[EQUIPPED GLOVES OF CAERUS]

[CONSUMED SUPER LUCKY HOTDOG: 3 LD]

A brightened sky with a burning solar of glowing orange claiming its place among the blue overhead, Setsuna taking to the outskirts of Tolbana village. From the branches of a tree hung loosely in an active scan of her surroundings with her eyes darting about looking for a simple material to use in her craft: webs, string, twine and the like. It was early enough to still have the materials lay where they spawn, but the constant migration of the nodes was a bother. Setsuna couldn't seem to locate anything of worth among the canopy and foliage. Hopping from her raised position with a light foot with a slight disbursement of the dust underfoot with a bit of free falling leaves she keeps her head in the game. "Damned worthless..." A soft whisper under her breath in quiet disgust at the time she had wasted, fruitless as if the cardinal had robbed her directly.

ID# 136616 results: Loot: 8+3=11, Failure

Spoiler

Setsuna, Creature of the Mist:

Level: 5

HP: 100/100

EN: 10/10

Damage: 3

Evasion: 3

Accuracy: 1

Equipment:

Weapon: Devil's Tongue (T1/Rare) +1 Damage, +1 Accuracy

Armor: Web Retrieving Gloves (T1/Uncommon/Clothing) +1 Loot Dice

Misc: Silver Covetous Serpent (T1/Rare/Trinket) +2 Loot Dice

Skills:

1H Curved Sword: Rank 1

Disguise [Extra]: +1 Evasion until next turn, 3 turn cool down

Battle Ready Inventory:

Cold Fabric Kunoichi Wear (T1/Perfect/LA) +3 Evasion

Edited by Setsuna

Cordelia stretched her arms above her head as she headed out towards the forest. There's got to be some kind of materials there that can be used for cooking. . . right? 

Yeah, sure.

She sighed to herself. What was she even going to make as a cook? She definitely knew she wasn't going to make hotdogs like Oscar was, as much as she loved the man to death, she knew that it wasn't her job to be selling hotdogs left and right. Though, she did want to help him with the load. Even though it was barely noticeable, she knew he was overworking himself to death preparing for the next boss raid. She has to help somehow. What kind of girlfriend would she be if she couldn't even help her boyfriend with things like cooking?

Who knows, maybe she'll even steal his monopoly--

Heh, no. Not yet, anyway. She'll get there,

ID: 136617
LD: 7+6=13, Fail

A continued outward ring as Setsuna pressed through, combing the area for aught of use in her profession at the behest of him. A glimmer danced on her peripheral the familiar sight of sunlight striking a hung web. Shifting herself as she sprung around the wooden pillar, attaching her feet to its trunk before jettisoning herself forward. Latching on just underneath where it was, Setsuna spun around the protruding branch before halting herself above it. It was a web alright, the strong tendrils of cable stuck to the wood with that same adhesive. Retracting a small blade after adjusting the treated gloves as to keep it from attaching to her skin, she cuts it down before twirling the knife to lump it up in a ball. Pulling a small sheet of fabric from her satchel she covers it as to stop it from sticking on the inside of her bag.

Finishing the collection Setsuna looks down to see a girl with white hair just beneath her.

ID# 136618 results: Loot: 16+3=19, Success!

1*T1 Materials Obtained!

Edited by Setsuna

Cordelia hummed to herself. Cooking had actually sounded exciting to her! Everytime Oscar cooked in front of her, it had always looked so fascinating! Course, it probably was way easier than it would be to cook in real life. 

She had rarely ever cooked, and even when she did, it was the simplest of meals. . . maybe owning some sort of shop was a good idea! Life skills, people, life skills! 

Cordelia looked around. There weren't. . . many things to cook with. Sad.

The sound of metal clashing with wood made her ears perk. Mobs? Players? Possibly a really stupid NPC? She looked up, assuming that was where the sound was coming from, only to be met with a pair of blue eyes.

"What the fu-" She muttered, cutting herself off when she realized it was just a kid. She crossed her arms and tilted her head. "Aren't you a little bit too young to be out here alone?" 

ID: 136619
LD: 9+6=15, Success

1/5 Materials Gathered

A soft hum flowed from the girl underneath her, Setsuna choosing to pay her no mind and leave her be. She had no interest in the devices of others like Raidou seemed to due so freely. The girl seemed to take notice of her, looking her squarely in the face while she attempted to scan around for more resources to claim. Her eyes were a pinkish hue, reminding her slightly of Meina's. Breaking the locking of vision between the two of them, estranged by the interaction. Cordelia began to question her motives, calling her a child which she no longer considered herself one after what she had witnessed. Turning away from Cordelia and retracting herself further up into the canopy she was taking a vantage in, a soft whisper from within spoken with spite "Mind your own business." Making her way up in the network of twisting wood, Setsuna skips along to the next in suit not letting the player rob her of time.

ID# 136622 results: Loot: 7+3=10, Failure!

Edited by Setsuna

Cordelia deadpanned. She could barely make out the words in the girl's sentence by how quiet she was, which, holy [doo-doo], was quieter than a mouse itself. 

She pursed her lips as she followed after the sound, knowing full well that she wouldn't be able to catch up to her by going on a tree. "H-hey, wait a miute! Don't you have some kind of guardian or something?" She fretted, thinking that this could possibly be one of the orphanage kids that Solei had spoken so fondly of. Cordelia didn't recognize her, but she doubted that she knew any of the kids that Solei cared for. Even though Solei was a bit of a child, she doubted that he would've let one of his kids go loose, especially out of a safe zone.

"And isn't it a bit too dangerous to be jumping in trees like that?" She called out, her brows furrowing.

ID: 136625
LD: 6+6=12, Fail

Reaching up for the bits of cord hanging from the branches she'd weave into linen later, the girl underneath her speaking up at her with a sound of pity or worry in her voice. Setsuna wasn't sure which she heard but was sure she didn't like either.

"Why do you care?" Setsuna spoke down with a bit more gusto this time around, this girl didn't seem to take a hint. "I don't have a guardian, I have a leader and that is all I have." Setsuna continued with venom, not enjoying the nosiness of the girl below her. Almost all of what she had here, had before here was gone and now it was just this drive to fulfill her promises. Her attention focused on Cordelia pretty heavily now, halfway between the two trees she was latched between. On the girl's hip, Setsuna saw it clear as day. With a branch bending slightly as she clasped it, Setsuna drops down from the canopy and peers deeply at the hilt as the leaves drop down around her head. It was the weapon she couldn't seem to draw, Setsuna was sure of it.

ID# 136627 results: Loot: 13+3, Success!

1*T1 Materials Obtained!

Total T1 Materials: 2

Edited by Setsuna

Cordelia deadpanned again. Well, she guessed that puberty did affect all. 

She pursed her lip. Maybe this is why she didn't like teenagers. So moody. So edgy. Tut tut. 

"Well, do they know you're doing this tree climbing kind of thing?" She asked, frowning. Whoever was keep tabs on this girl was seriously doing a bad job with it. Like, seriously a bad job. "Heck, maybe I should call up, Solei," she muttered under her breath as her teeth chattered on her nails.  He knew how to deal with kids right? Probably better than whoever the hell was looking after this girl. She opened her HUD, her finger hovering over the menu before she paused.

Ack, but he had too many kids to deal with anyway. Should she really be adding another one to the plate? But it was his job to take care of kids, right? So it wouldn't really be adding to his plate. . . would it?

ID: 136628
LD: 8+6=14, Fail

A calm and displaced look painted on Cordelia's face that matched what Setsuna commonly projected "They respect my decisions to do so, as should you. It is a tool to draw me from prying eyes like your own." Setsuna expressed with her attention focused on the handle of the weapon attached to Cordelia's hip in closer inspections as the words flowed from her mouth in a rapid dismissal of what she was saying. The words that came from the girl seemed to distort and become gibberish as Setsuna begins to ignore them, the weapon was in fact the same as the one she had attained in the destruction of her Gemini, The same she could not draw for some reason.

Trying once again to draw the blade as Cordelia began to flourish her hands and open her HUD as Setsuna instinctually came to find her hand resting on its handle before she mustered the courage with half spiteful seeming words as the question did not flow easily "How did you learn to wield that blade?"

#136730 Loot: 7+3=10, Failure!

Edited by Setsuna

She desperately wanted to say that she was an actual kid and that kid decisions weren't usually the best ones but she decided against it. The girl seemed pissed at her already, no need to add more to than there already is.

"How did you learn to wield that blade?"

Cordelia's face registered as blank for a quick second before she tilted her head. "You mean my katana?" She asked, her brows furrowing. Perhaps information hadn't made it to this girl about how to acquire the katana skill. Maybe it was because she was a kid. 

She crossed her arms. "I can tell you if you come down here and talk to me like a normal person," she said bluntly. She supposed that if this girl wasn't going to cooperate with her like a normal child would, she should be treated like an adult. So treated like an adult she will! 

ID: 136830
LD: 8+6=14, Fail

Dropping down from where she was affixed, in the network of branches that comprised the top of the pillar of wood. In her wake a collection of descending leaves that seemed to dance about the air as they broke from where they were attached. A soft landing with her fall, displacing her weight and momentum in a ring of puffed dust. "Fine..." Setsuna spoke to Cordelia, now beneath her noticeably shorter than the girl in front of her. Taking to a stand and shooting a piercing glare to Cordelia firmly, Setsuna drops another few words from her tongue "Better? now tell me, as it sits no matter how hard I try..." as the words fall flat. Taking her hand to the hilt of the weapon she could not draw Setsuna tries to pull it free to no prevail, as a form of show and tell to prove her point as it will not free itself from the sheath she placed it in after the only time she's swung it.

ID# 136831 results:

Loot: 20+3=23, Success!

1*T1 Materials Obtained!

Total T1 Materials: 3

Edited by Setsuna

Cordelia's gaze looked down at her in slight surprise. She was much smaller than Cordelia had originally thought she was. 

Brushing off her surprise, she examined her as she tried --and failed-- to pull out her katana from its sheath. "Odd. I've never really seen that happen before. Even without the weapon skill, you should be able to pull it out," she muttered under her breath. She gave the girl a quizicall frown. "Why on Earth do you have a katana without the skill, anyway?"

"Anyway, you're supposed to train with a katana first to be able to wield it correctly. . . though, I suppose that will be a problem with you, won't it?" She asked, much more to herself than to the girl before she shrugged. "I'm not really sure how you can do it on your own, but I can always try to help you if you want it."

ID: 136832
LD: 4+6=10, Fail

"It happened when I sheathed it, I can not begin to understand why." Setsuna spoke coldly to Cordelia, seeming a bit ill content but this was just the manner of speech commonplace to her. Retracting the blade from her side, just below where the curved blade sat Setsuna looked over the basic looking blade of a black sheath with a simple iron handle. Shifting her attention back to Cordelia in a furthered dialog "I used this blade to slay my reflection on floor 6, it was wielding it and I used this to remove its head. It aimed to claim my life, and twisted the memories I hold dear into perversion."

Then Cordelia brought up that she would be willing to teach her to use it. Setsuna's mind hung on the idea, her trust was ill but she wanted to use this weapon as it seemed some unseen force had provided her with it as if fate found it to her hands. Swallowing her pride and reluctance, Setsuna makes a decision and responds in her familiar chilled tone "What would you have me do?"

ID# 136834 results: Loot: 4+3=7, Failure!

Edited by Setsuna

“Ah, the Gemini quest,” Cordelia murmured, her eyes having a far off look engraved in them as her thoughts travelled back to when she did that quest.

“You don’t want to leave, do you?”

She shuddered, ridding herself from the thought. “I don’t blame you. I’ve seen first hand what those things can do,” she mumbled, giving the girl a small and reassuring smile. Cordelia has barely made it out of that quest sane, she wondered what kind of [doo-doo] this girl must have been feeling when she had encountered her double.

She cracked a small smile as the girl— although, reluctantly— accepted her offer. “Well, I won’t be able to help you right as of now since I’m currently on a quest. . . But. . .” She trailed off, going back to her memories. 

Obtaining her katana skill wasn’t an easy one. She chuckled to herself absentmindedly. Oscar really didn’t give her any mercy that day, did he? Of course she had just rejected him a few days prior to that so many è she deserved it.

”I’ll see what I can come up with,” Cordelia said, snapping back the land of reality. She opened her menu and sent the girl a friend request. “After I finish this quest, I’ll give you a heads up on where we should meet, which will be most likely in the next few days.”

ID: 136835
LD: 9+6=15, Success
2/5 Materials Gathered

It appeared that Cordelia had a similar experience to Setsuna during the darkened clouds of Floor 6. "My hands are still torn up from what I had to do." Setsuna thought out loud as she stared deeply into the small lacerations that still claimed her fingertips. Her attentions shift away from her hands, as Cordelia seems to be fiddling with her menu.

Flipping her wrist to the side, her left dragging her HUD open as a notification sound plays at Cordelia dropping an invite to her. "If you are willing to teach me, who am I to refuse such an offer. I accept." Setsuna looked on to Cordelia through her menu, tapping the accept on her friends request. Her eyes catch the names of the deceased, her stomach churns and in silence with a bit of hesitation manages to convince herself to close the menu.

"Simply call, and I will come. I will not waste your time if you do not waste mine." A soft whisper from the child, a mix of pain and possibility clouding her mind.

ID# 136836 results: Loot: 1+3=4, Failure!

Edited by Setsuna

"I'm sure it was a dark time for everyone," she murmured, her eyes downcasting before shaking her head. "The past is in the past. I recommend to not worry about it anymore." She sighed, biting on her lip. Doppelganger Cordelia was not a nice thing to go against. . . twice.  

"Great, it's always good to have another person using a katana. Its single-target capabilities are amazing but AoE. . ? Not so much," she chuckled. "Actually, I'm pretty sure it has one of the worst AoEs in the game. . . bummer." She shrugged. "I can assure that I won't be going easy on your training, though," she winked, giving the girl a small smile. 

She gave the girls a thumbs up. "What are you doing around here anyway?" She asked, tilting her head. "It's not everyday you see you see a kid jumping from tree to tree. . . I think."
ID: 136984
LD: 16, Success

3/5 Materials Gathered

"I wish I could so easily forsake my past, but its burned inside my eyelids." Setsuna remarked with an image of her friends and the pale reflection with yellow eyes staring at her under the crash of lightning firing through her mind in a flash of the same. "I am not sure what you mean, I've yet to use it. I am sure the strengths and weaknesses will become apparent in time." Setsuna told while staring down at the immovable blade strapped to her side.

Cordelia told her the training would be difficult, and Setsuna did not perceive it would be. "I would not have you go easy on me, If I wish to use the weapon properly I'd have you hold nothing back. Do let my age or size discourage you from taking me seriously, this blade may have given to me by the system and with It I intend to slit its throat."

The words fell from her lips like venom, toxic and aggressive with intention to lay waste to those that would oppose her. A change of subject, from Cordelia upon which Setsuna speaks in explanation drawing her hair out of her face around her ear. "I am out here, at the behest of the leader I have discussed before. I am to keep my stock up, he has tasked me with tailoring given I had..." With a pause of where the profession was attained. "Completed but had not used the profession until now, so the stock had run dry long ago. Now it serves a purpose."

ID# 136985 results: Loot: 11+3=14, Failure

Edited by Setsuna

"Poetic one, aren't you?' She murmured under her breath sarcastically. 

"Alright, if that's what you want," she shrugged. She honestly hoped that she wouldn't accidentally kill her. Perhaps it was better to not use Haunted Verdict on her, especially since she never knew when her Holy enhancement could proc. She still had Bloody Howl in her inventory right? She opened her inventory and scrolled. Ah, right. There it was. She was surprised she had never given it away.

"Kind of harsh tasking a little kid like that. He sounds lazy," she drawled, scratching her chin. "Well, I'm doing a quest to get my own profession right. I want to help out my boyfriend with preparing buffs for the frontlines," she murmured, letting out a small sigh. "I'm afraid he's overworking himself making all of that stuff It's not healthy to be tasked with making buffs for all of the frontlines," Cordelia mumbled under her breath as she shook her head.

ID: 136986
LD: 15, Success

4/5 Mats Collected

Setsuna remarked with a calm tone in her voice "I see, I hope I can rely on your tutelage." as she combs her hair with her fingers, after discovering a small collection of twigs had found themselves trapped within the strands with attempts to remove what had nestled within.

"You do not understand, I would not expect you to." Setsuna said coolly, in her experience the boy was working harder than any of them. Without his actions, they had no direction and was always at the foot of a table writing feverishly and planning in excess. The girl she was speaking to could be pardoned, however, as she had no way of knowing what her guild leader was up to and had to take it at only the information she was given. "Then I do him justice in being here now, he would wish I aid you. Is there anything you need assistance." Setsuna mentions a bit reluctant, as she would much rather be focused on her first task before starting another.

"Sometimes I wonder if the boy in red wishes to just the same, through his actions not words."

ID# 136987 results: Loot: 14+3=17, Success!

1*T1 Materials Obtained!

Total T1 Materials: 4

Edited by Setsuna