PP-F3 <<Treant Rivalries>> 'Stupid Elves'

Mari had to wonder what on earth was with the woman's wording, serreptitious? Why did people have to be so poetic when fighting, just jab and stab - no need for theatrics. Still, Mari wouldn't outwardly say anything. Just as she questioned this, there was no doubt that others would question her literally throwing her friend at a baby dragon.

When push came to shove, Yuki managed to shine through with her Sword Art - inflicting an AoE on the elves. Sure, it did little damage but that's not what mattered here, what mattered right now was getting her out of her rut - oh, and out of dangers way...That'd be good too. 

Mari pivoted as her dagger flashed; her preferred move against the Elves activating. <<Accel Raid>>  She quickly took care of the nearest soldier - he fell down with a gurgle. "See, Dagger is useful for one on one, but when there's any more than a single enemy - then that's when it gets troublesome."

"Fro yna oui yddylgehk ic?"  The Elf asked.  Mari blinked, she knew a lot of mobs and NPCs talked, and she was half expecting one of them to talk eventually, but this was a language she didn't understand. 

"Erm...because ya'll are dicks? You cut down everything around you, and I just don't like your faces."  It wasn't hard to guess what he was saying. It had to be something along the lines of why are you attacking me? Who are you? What did I Do to deserve this?

The same ol' same ol'

Mari shrugged and turned to Yuki. "Think you can tank another one of his hits?"

@Zajcica

MARI STATS  HP: 1090/1090  | Energy: 99/106
DAM: 11 | EVA 3  | MIT 43 | ACC 4 | 

YUKI STATS:  HP:  80/80   ENERGY 8/8
DAM: 4  | EVA 0  | MIT 27  | ACC 2

Accel Raid (9 Energy) - A rapid flurry of thrusts from the dagger finished by one reverse slash at high speeds.
11 x 11 = 121- 30 =91 

ID:136905    BD:6 + 4=  SUCCESS 

ELVISH SOLDIER 4   64/65
ELVISH SOLDIER 5  64/65

Notes:
Name: Elvish Soldier -  
HP: 65  - MIT: 30  -  Damage Per hit: 15

Edited by Mari

Yuki laughed when Mari asked if she could tank another one of the elf's attacks. If he didn't hit her, there wasn't much in the question; if he did, he would do more damage to himself than her. Being a tank meant controlling the battlefield for your allies. She was beginning to see that power firsthand. 

"Yatte mina yo." Yuki taunted, laughing in her Japanese. The elf couldn't understand her speech just as much as she couldn't understand his, but he was sure from the tone that she was making fun of him. He took his blade again and attempted to stab her. She shield caught the edge, sliding it off to the side with no problem. 

"Kantan Sugiru." She looked over at Mari, still with the serious face she wore from the last attack, but more laid back. "Well, it would literally be a waste of my energy to attack him at this point. Go ahead and do the honor, Mari-chan."

@Mari

Spoiler

MARI STATS  HP: 1090/1090  | Energy: 99/106

YUKI STATS:  HP:  80/80   ENERGY 5/8

Yuki did not attack.

ID#136914 MD = 4

ELVISH SOLDIER 4   64/65
ELVISH SOLDIER 5  64/65

Notes:

Edited by Zajcica

Yuki defended against the elfs attack, but she didn't retaliate - stating that it would be a waste to do so. Mari didn't really agree- Yuki didn't need to use a sword art, and the practice could have done her some good - but Yuki had already been upset by a few things Mari said, she didn't want to add fuel to the self depreciation fire. Instead Mari turned to the elf and with her dagger glowing, she released the <<Accel Raid>> Sword Art against it. Striking the man multiple times in his torso.

The elf fell backward, exploding into data before his limp body even hit the floor. That meant there was only one left till the commander, then there was the king.

"The last one is probably further up the path, protecting their commander." Mari said as she kicked at the ground where the elf soldier would have landed. "Although I wouldn't really call killing an honor, that's just me nitpicking words." She looked up to Yuki and gave her a lopsided grin. "I'm a sour ass that way." 

She turned on her heel and gestured for Yuki to follow. "Right. Well, this is the only path forward so lets keep going. We'll hopefully run into another soon. It's interesting that they gave them a language - tis a shame we don't understand it."  Mari didn't  get the reasoning behind it, but she had to admit she appreciated the idea of it. And it may be a little entitled of her to expect to just know what the elf was saying, for all she knew, linguistics was an unlockable skill in the game

@Zajcica

MARI STATS  HP: 1090/1090  | Energy: 90/106

Accel Raid (9 Energy) - A rapid flurry of thrusts from the dagger finished by one reverse slash at high speeds.
11 x 11 = 121- 30 =91 

ID:136983   BD:8 + 4=12  SUCCESS  

ELVISH SOLDIER 4   64/65
ELVISH SOLDIER 5  64/65

Notes:

Edited by Mari

Yuki returned the white blade back to its scabbard. The elf fell over. limp to his death and exploded back into binary. She hadn't cared too much about the elves appearing human or even speaking to her directly. In the end, everything in this entire word was really just that, fake. Ones and zeros of stranded code. Mari's voice brought her back to reality.

"I wonder just how in depth the language is. It sounded weirder than even some European languages I've seen written." She says forgetting that her own language isn't even written phonetically. "Just keep leading the way Mari-chan. I'll continue to do my best." She said as the two continued down the path. It was strange how open to her surroundings she was now. In real life she would never have to be this alert and, all things considered, she didn't necessarily have to right now either. A feeling was eating at her neck that Mari was testing her, or watching her, to make sure she could handle herself. Was she trying to make sure that Yuki was ready to begin handling herself so that once she found herself in threat, she would be prepared? 

" Nee, Mari-chan? You said earlier that you were a bad teacher. I refuse to accept that. I've learned so much from you already, so thank you."

@Mari

Edited by Zajcica

Mari decided to open up her HUD she started to scroll through her items. "Mmm...hang on...." She paused as she selected a few of her potions. "These may help a little. I'm an alchemist, so these have been sitting in my shop for ages. No one visits me - I'm honestly considering changing my profession to something more...useful to me, like a cook - that way, even if no one visits me at least I have some sort of food. Right?" She said with a tilt of her head and a mirthless laugh. "Anyway, I don't feel the need for them; so you may as well have a couple - use them up - they're useful for the lower level quests and in general." It may help Yuki with her confidence a bit - knowing she could knock back a potion that'd increase her strength, sometimes that single base damage did all the difference, and they really meant very little to Mari, even after giving her that amount -she had enough to tire herself over.

Yuki began to talk about languages and how in depth the games languages were. Mari tapped her lip. "Hmm...well...many games previously have had a variety of languages made just for the game. I always admired that. I couldn't ever imagine creating an entire thing, with scripts, phonetics, meanings, sentence structure and grammar - it's just too much. So ya gotta admire that sorta thing even if it seems pointless."   The path began to grow more narrow ; as the cleaved path began to give way to a road less traveled. At least the time spent away from battle once again allowed the girls to regenerate their health and energy.  

"Why not use one of those potions now? Then give the next elf enemy another hit?" Mari suggested. 

It was then that Yuki mentioned that Mari wasn't a bad teacher - that she'd learnt so much. "What?" Mari asked, a little louder than intended. "What on earth do you think I've taught you?" She asked incredulously. 

@Zajcica

Mari has given Zajcica:
T1 Damage Potion | +1 Damage (ID#134121)
T1 Damage Potion | +1 Damage (ID#134121)
T1 Damage Potion | +1 Damage  (ID#134119)
T1 Damage Potion | +1 Damage  (ID#134119)
(note, these are duplicates as they were extras from a strong roll)

"A-Arigatou..." She said taking one of the potions and downing.

Yuki gasped slight'y as Mari brought up the topic of cooking. A passion that her ginger-haired companion had yet to see from her glinted in her eye.

"I absolutely love to cook!" She exclaimed with a glint in her eye. "When I first started my transformation, my mother taught me how to cook! She knew how much I loved bentos so she taught me how to prepare them. After that, I couldn't help but ask her to teach me how make more extravagant foods. I spent two years learning recipes with her as I went to college, probably the best bonding me and my mother have had-!" She hushed up when she realized she was making quite the scene. Not to mention that she was starting to feel upset, thinking about her mother and how much she missed her.

"Sorry! I didn't mean to go on a rant like that. You can learn how to cook as a skill in the game? How did I not know this? I wanna learn that skill for sure!" As for Mari's final question, Yuki elected to ignore it.

@Mari

These enemies seemed fairly evenly spaced apart; once again Mari's health and energy had managed to regenerate. She doubted it would occur that way again though. With the commander and king to go; Mari assumed they'd be in very close proximity with one another.

"You do?" Mari asked as Yuki became excited about cooking, a faint smile danced across Mari's lips as she listened to the excited woman talk about how supportive her mother had been, and how she'd create lunchboxes. "That's very nice to hear." Mari said warmly. "I remember my mum did the same..." she continued, voice far off as it became lost in nostalgia. "At a very early age, probably around 10 my mum tried to get me to learn how to cook, I'd have to pick a meal, and work out the ingredients myself, and then cook it. She taught me every step of the way, and helped right me when I was wrong. Thanks to that, I'm pretty good with a kitchen knife." Mari gave a small snort. "I can even cut an onion without crying."

Mari went to answer Yuki's question about the cooking profession but was interrupted.

A single guard; taller than the others they had encountered stood in their path. His long Two handed spear already drawn. "Hud yhudran cdab vindran! E fuh'd mad oui yddylg uin gehk oui vemdro risyhc!"

There it was again; that strange gravelly language Mari sighed as she pulled out her dagger. "I'll take care of this one -" Mari slowly approached the Elf; he swung to attack her but she ducked underneath his strike - it was wide and high - so it left his lower torso completely exposed. Her dagger flashed with the <<Accel Raid>> Skill and she defeated him with a flurry of thrusts, he chocked - falling to his knees.

"Uuin gehk...femm tacdnuo oui."

Then, with those final course words he exploded into pixelated data.

"Chatty one, wasn't he?" Mari asked as she glanced over her shoulder at Yuki.

@Zajcica

MARI STATS  HP: 1090/1090  | Energy: 97/106

11 x 11 = 121- 30 =91 

ID:137092 BD8  + 4=   SUCCESS   

ELVISH SOLDIER 6   65/65
Notes:

Edited by Mari

Yuki watched the final soldier they would have to kill explode in to data bits. Only the few boss-types to kill now. This quest was taking a bit longer than the other ones she had done. Now that the interruption was out of the way, she insisted on continuing the conversation.

"I can't say I boast that kind of prowess, but I make some really good rice and noodles, I love making Onigiri, as well, and filling them with mochi!" All this food talk was making the girl hungry, even though they never actually got hungry. She smiled happily to Mari, "When I get the chance I want to learn the cooking skill and make Japanese meals for everyone! I'll give you a special deal on meals for helping me out so much![/color] 

The paladin's enthusiasm shone more radiant than her pink hair, or her smile. She continued to follow behind Mari, she wasn't sure how hard the upcoming enemies would hit her for, which made her worry a bit, but she trusted that Mari would save her if she got into trouble.

@Mari

Just the commander and the king left now...Mari would easily make short work of them. But she didn't want Yuki feeling like she was being forced out of the fight. Especially since she had used one of the potions to increase her attack.

"You....fill rice balls with... little glutinous rice balls?"" Maria asked, a little confused at the concoction. She hadn't tried it, so couldn't exactly judge it too harshly. "I can't say I've ever had something like that before. Or seen it before but hey - a lotta people make strange concoctions and people go nuts for it." Mari gave Yuki a wry smile. "I mean, you even have chocolate covered bacon these days."

Yuki was like an excited schoolgirl, gushing about her first crush. Glee danced like stars in her wide and excitable eyes. "So you're going to take the cooking profession?" Mari asked. "I don't see many of them around - so I think it'd be a good market. You ahh...don't have to give me a good deal yanno - just having something to eat would be enough for me."

They continued down the path - which was now all but non existent- climbing over fallen trees and logs that were once Treants - the two continued forward. "So with this commander, did you want to try attacking first, if you do - I can bum rush hum before he attacks and generate the most hate - if I don't kill him first. It'd be good practice for you yeh?"

@Zajcica

Yuki laughed at Mari's reaction to her own little creation. Her mother had thought it was unnecessary as well, but it was just what Yuki enjoyed. Well, that along with the standard stuff that someone would put in Onigiri, like sakura denbu.

"Hey, don't knock it until you try it. It sounds excessive but I swear you'll fall in love the moment that you try it." She insisted on selling her product. Though, her sell was short when Mari brought up the next enemy. She did drink one of Mari's potions, and maybe now with her improved base attack, she could deal some reasonable damage. "I will give it a go! Maybe I'll be able to deal some reasonable damage to something and do more than a single point of damage!"

She eagerly pulled out her sword. Almost as if it was a call to battle, the Elvish Commander fell from one of the high tree branches, landing in front of the two.

"Oui dfu ryja paah duu silr uv y hiecyhla. E femm aht oui rana." The hulking elf said in some benign tongue Yuki couldn't begin to comprehend. The sword she wielded glowed pink and she slashed through the air and hit only air. The elf's axe sundered past her armor, dealing a single point of damage to her and causing her thorns to damage it.

"Uh, whoops. I missed."

@Mari

image.png.a1ca2349a49268a19f2a7dd5a0ed7a86.png

MARI STATS  HP: 1090/1090  | Energy: 106/106

YUKI STATS:  HP:  79/80   ENERGY 5/8

Snake Bite missed. Thorns deals 18 damage

Notes:
Name: Elvish Commander HP: 82/100 MIT: 55 Damage Per hit: 20

Edited by Zajcica

Mari flashed her teeth with a grin. "Heheh... I may not knock it but I will certainly judge it." Mari mused in a jesting tone. It seemed she was slowly, slowly opening up and not being so guarded around Yuki. Her shoulders relaxed as they walked. Mari was pleased with Yuki as the exuberant girl offered to attack. Despite the pittance of damage she was doing, she wasn't letting it stop her.  It was invigorating to see. "Good." Mari said. "Keep that sort of attitude up and I'm sure you'll do well."

The Elvish commander jumped from the trees - something Mari wasn't expecting; he landed several feet in front of herself and Yuki - sprouting more of that strange language - so far, all that Mari could deduce was that 'Oui' probably meant 'You'  but that was a wild guess at best. Yuki charged in - and tried to slash, but hit naught but thin air as the Commander ducked under her blade and drew a large heaving axe into Yuki. To the pinkettes credit, she veered - and managed to deflect most the damage as the Axe landed in her armour.

"Cilr fayghacc femm hajan tavayd uin knayd gehk"

Well, Now was as good a time as any -  Mari activated her charge skill then her strongest attack - <<Eternal Cyclone>>  She dashed forward and pivoted on her foot. Around and around she went, each slash cutting into the Elven Commanders armour before it broke away, revealing a hairless chest - then, that too was slashed. Till finally he fell. Dead. 

Mari sighed. "Phew - If I didn't use that I don't think I'd have killed him, but if not that, the bleed damage would have."

She shifted her gaze to Yuki. "Well, ready to finish this?"

@Zajcica

MARI STATS  HP: 1090/1090  | Energy: 86/106

YUKI STATS:  HP:  79/80   ENERGY5/8

[x13] Eternal Cyclone (11 Energy) - The user holds their dagger in a reverse-grip, and then spins wildly at high speeds, becoming a bladed whirlwind that strikes the target repeatedly.
(11 +1 Crit)  x 13 = 156- 55=101

ID:137110 BD9  + 4=   SUCCESS   

Elvish Commander HP: /100  MIT: 55 Damage Per hit: 20

Edited by Mari

"Tch," The paladin snickered, "How many more times are you going to ask me if I'm ready? By now you should realize that I'm ready for anything! Nothing can stop me, I'm immovable!" The blinding smile grew across her face once more. She could see the fortifications of a camp ahead, she was sure this is where the boss would spawn if she approached the camp. Even now she wasn't scared. Even if she was alone she could easily destroy the boss if given the time. Thorns would eventually kill it, but with Mari, had never felt so confident in her life.

"Yoshi! No more waiting around! I can't get stronger just standing here now can I!" She howled as she charged forward, the boss didn't waste it's time spawning. It spoke more drivel, but she just ignored it. The pink glow of her sword reflected off her armor. The only thing she would reach is the air around the king, but even still she kept up that smile.

"Naze o matte idesuka?!" She yelled, watching the elf pull his two handed blade from the scabbard and bringing it down over the girls head and dug the blade into her shoulder. Again, only a single point of damage. She couldn't hold in her outburst as she watched her health bar tick for effectively nothing.

"Hahaha! Oi, oi! That's the best a king can do?! Pretty pathetic, and here I was worrying that I was the one who was weak!"

@Mari

image.png.10692eda363eb6a417dd183c558725df.png

MARI STATS  HP: 1090/1090  | Energy: 106/106

YUKI STATS:  HP:  79/80   ENERGY 2/8

Snake Bite missed, again.

Notes:
Elvish King HP: 132/150 MIT: 75 Damage Per hit: 25 (-18HP from thorns)

Edited by Zajcica

Mari shrugged. "Because things can change - you may feel ready now, but in a few moments you may loose that gusto. I'm just keeping tabs. I feel its the right thing to do." She chuckled with a small shake of her head. "I guess I can stop since you're so gun-ho though." 

The two slowly moved up the path; it spread out to a large camp - there were large piles of Treant carcasses strewn all around - no doubt to act as a deterrence to any who slowly meander in. The center had a large bonfire; its flames licking high above the treetops. "It's akin to burning the flesh of the enemy." Mari mused. "See, this is why I didn't wanna side with the elves."

Yuki charged ahead; straight through the middle of the camp; the Elf King stood tall and proud amongst the burning ash of his enemies.  "Fryd yna oui tuehk rana?"  He asked, but Yuki ignored it completely. She yelled out something akin to 'what are you waiting for!' But Mari wasn't too sure if she was correct or not ; she went to strike, but in her exuberance completely misssed. 

Mari made a mental note to talk to her about tactics at a later point, right now she was having fun - and that fun shouldn't be sullied.
 She was laughing, taunting the king as she practically danced around him. Right...Mari wouldn't spoil that fun. But she would take down the king

Mari activated her charge skill then ducked down as she went to attack The King; he was ready though; he shoved Yuki unceremoniously out the way. "Kad uid uv so fyo oui vmeddanehk ehcald!"   He had used Yuki, shoving her toward Mari.  This caused Mari to misstep, swinging and missing the Elf King. Mari swore under her breath. She had completely missed. It was rare, but frustrating. Mari grit her teeth. Bloody bastard.

@Zajcica

MARI STATS  HP: 1090/1090  | Energy: 84/106

YUKI STATS:  HP:  79/80   ENERGY 5/8

[x13] Eternal Cyclone (11 Energy) - The user holds their dagger in a reverse-grip, and then spins wildly at high speeds, becoming a bladed whirlwind that strikes the target repeatedly.
(11 +5 charge)  x 13 = 156- 75=81

ID: 137112  BD 2-1 +4 =5  MISS  

Elvish King HP:132/150   MIT : 75 Damage Per hit: 25 

Edited by Mari

Yuki was ready for the attack, but not the absolute impact. The hulking elf launched her back a few meters into a makeshift building that the elves were using to store gear. She broke through the wooden wall, splinters littered her armor, then stood back up and jumped through the hole.

"At least this one as oopmf to his hits! I'll be ready for the next attack king!" She picked her white blade up off the ground and readied it once more. She didn't have the energy to use another sword art but that's fine. She ran forward between Mari and the king to see his next attack stopped in its tracks. His blade swung fast through the air, gashing Yuki across her chest, but like usual, she wasn't bothered by the minuscule damage she took. She raised her own blade in retaliation, slashing him across his chest, mirroring the amount of offensive damage he'd done to him. Her thorns made this combat pretty one sided, however. 

"Your turn Mari-chan." The pink paladin gave her comrade that big smile she was used to seeing by now.

@Mari

image.png.f6e95e7af707d597b3832c42a8755219.png

MARI STATS  HP: 1090/1090  | Energy: 84/106

Yuki dealt 1 damage with a standard attack, and 18 with thorns.

Notes:
Elvish King HP: 113/150 MIT: 75 Damage Per hit: 25 (-19HP)

Edited by Zajcica

Mari watched as the Elf King swung his large blade at Yuki - of course Yuki had attacked first, and generated the hate in the first place - and since Mari had failed to deal more damage to him - the Elf King was still aiming for the tank. "Well at least this is good tank practice for ya, right?" Mari asked. Her eyes followed Yuki as she was flung  back into the tree. Mari wasn't too concerned - Yuki's health bar barely shifted. "Tanking isn't just about generating hate, its like...taking a hit so dunno what got you so twisted up before. You're doing fine to me."

Welp, it was her turn now. Mari attacked the Elf King again; her dagger flashing white hot like the blazing sun across the desert plains - She had enough. This b**th ass high and mighty Elf King had to go. With her Sword Art charged Mari attacked the Elf King, spinning around over and over again as her blade slashed through the kings defenses - It dipped into the yellow - edging on the red. One more hit, just one more hit and the damn thing would be dead.

@Zajcica

1090/1090  | Energy: 84/106

(11 )  x 13 = 143- 75=68

ID:137144   BD 5 +4 =9  

Elvish King HP:  45/150 MIT : 75 Damage Per hit: 25 

Edited by Mari

The pink paladin was pretty surprised when she saw the king survive one of Mari's attacks. No one could strong enough to one-shot ever enemy they encounter, but it was still the first time she had seen something survive Mari's attacks. Nevertheless, it would be dead soon. Yuki steeled herself and tried to activate a sword art, but her energy reserves were too low. A simple attack would suffice for now.

Her blade coursed through the air, way too wide to hit anything. She couldn't believe she had just missed so awfully, like she wasn't even really aiming at anything. Her feet fell out from under her and she crashed into the ground with a loud thud. The elf kings boot met her stomach, sending her into the air. While she was suspended, the king swung his sword into her like a baseball bat. The pinkette dashed through the air and was launched through the another one of the buildings.

Curse her clumsiness.

@Mari

Spoiler

image.png.d9600384cfeec55c4d4c3ade2491b0a1.png

YUKI STATS:  HP:  79/80   ENERGY 1/8
DAM: 4  | EVA 0  | MIT 27  | ACC 2 | THR: 18

Attack missed. Thorns damage 18.

Elvish King HP:  28/150 MIT : 75 Damage Per hit: 25 

Edited by Zajcica

Yuki managed to quickly pick herself up and try to attack the Elf King again - but her swings were still too wide - causing her to miss and instead be attacked. The thorns of her armour had cut a considerable chunk of health out of the Elf King, leaving Mari very little to cut off. She didn't need to use her most powerful Sword Art, but - she did anyway. She flipped her dagger so she held it in a reverse grip and attacked the Elf King - spinning round and round  as she activated the <<Eternal Cyclone>> with each spin the King took a step back until he exploded into data.

The Elf King was defeated. "Finally..." Mari said as she ran a hand through her fringe, he took a few hits -but had finally managed to go down. At least the quest went by relatively smoothly. Without too much hiccups. Sure, she had missed - but that was a part of fighting. Mari bent down to pick up the <<Woodland Armour>> That had spawned for her - "Hmmm..." She really didn't see much use in keeping it - so she'd give it to her companion. 

Mari walked up to Yuki who had crashed into a small tent. The tent had crumbled beneath her. "Well, at least you had something to break your fall, right?" Mari asked as she reached a hand up to grab Yuki's. She pulled the Pinkette up to a standing position. "You Kinda charged right in there eh? Feelin' ok?" Mari asked as she opened up her menu to hand over the spoils of battle.

"Here, as promised - I really have no need for it."

@Zajcica

-Mari Gives Zajcica:
<<Woodland Armor>>. This item has (3) charges and may not be refilled. This item does stack and is bound to the player. When used, Woodland Armor gives you (15 x Player's Tier) Mitigation for a single thread.

(11 )  x 13 = 143- 75=68

ID:137208   BD 2+4 =6 SUCCESS 

Elvish King HP:  0/150 MIT : 75 Damage Per hit: 25 

Edited by Mari

Yuki shook her head loose of the dizziness that plagued her vision. It took her a few moments to get her head in the right place and make an understanding of what Mari was saying. She smiled to her companion.

"I'm a bit dizzy from all that being flung around, but I'll be okay." She said watching her hp regenerate back to full already. "I understand that I'm not the best fighter, but I'm still having fun with it while I know I'm safe. I've relied most entirely on my gear, but I'm sure most people at my level do."

She held her hand out to except the gift for the quest that Mari apparently had no use for. She read the item description and pocketed it for herself. She could absolutely use it later on a tough quest.

"Arigatou." She said with a bow. "Well, now that the quest is finished what do we do? Will you be heading out? If so I hope we get to quest more in the future. And if I have my shop set up later, you should come and visit!"

@Mari

Edited by Zajcica

"Yeh...being thrown around will do that to ya. But at least you can say you went in guns blazing." Yuki said she had to rely on her gear, "And? Everyone does - a great player isn't just levels and numbers. It's how they use their gear. It's how they plan - what items they bring - hell, a level 2 could stand tall against a mob thrice their level if they have the right equipment, knowledge and items. It's all about how you use what you got." 

Mari noticed a message from Macradon, 'Huh..." She must have gotten it when they were fighting the Elf King.  Mari opened it and started to read it. "Yeh...I have to go meet up with someone now. It's actually the insane idiot who wants me to be a teacher." Mari snorted. "I still don't think that'll happen, but we'll see, you've given me a bit to think about in regards to that.

Mari paused. "So yeh, I'll be heading out - but if you need help or advice I can try to help. I'm not sure how good I'll be." Mari said, thinking about how she had upset Yuki a few times earlier that day. "But still..." Mari approached Yuki and placed a hand on either one of her shoulders. "You did good today, you're a strong woman Yuki. Don't forget that, K?"  Mari offered Yuki another small smile, she wasn't sure how that came across. Was that awkward? It probably was... But it was better than 'Bye' and just buggering off without another word.

Which...is what Mari usually tended to do. Mari let go of Yuki and gave her a final wave before moving back toward the Boss Room that would lead to the higher floors. It was time to slay some dragons.

@Zajcica

Yuki smiled back at Mari. It was clear that she had been relying a lot on her equipment, but so was Mari in the same regard. It wasn't really fair to consider herself weak just because she relied on something that wasn't her own skill. Soon she would become strong and not just take aggro for Mari, soon she could become equal to Mari and aid her with tougher quests. It wouldn't be long before she was tanking for real.

"I promise that next time we quest, I'll take it more seriously and not just rush into battle without some strategy." She explained. "I hope we get back to questing soon, Mari-chan."

Mari's comment about her being a strong woman made her smile even wider. She waved a goodbye, watching her ginger haired friend walk through the boss room teleporter. She herself would be heading back to city on this floor to rest. She turned and exited the way she came.

Spoiler

Rewards

1. 2 SP + 2 for two full pages
  2. 750 Col (Awarded to each player)
  3. Woodland Armor - Mari's, Given to Zajcica