[PP-F7] <<Case of Wurms>> Wurming a way into friendship?!

<<Case of Wurms>>

Life walked leisurely through the streets of nimbus, floors sevens main district for players and NPC quest givers and merchants. His arm resting casually on the hilt of his katana as he made his way into a tavern. He was on a mission to find some more level appropriate quests for himself since he had completed pretty much all the low level quests with as many inexperienced players as he could find recently. The tavern smelt like oakwood and beer, the sounds of a crackling fireplace just off in the background.

Life walked up to the innkeeper and asked the usual. "Excuse me sir. I was wondering if there have been any rumors about, or perhaps some kind of work available for an adventurer?" The NPC looked up at him with a blank expression as it cleaned the inside of a jug. "Does this look like that kind of establishment to you, sir." Life blinked, never having that kind of attitude before from an NPC. "Errr, what?" The man sighed and pointed towards his green crystal, signalling that he was in fact a player, not an NPC. "Ohhh..." Life felt slightly embarrassed having completely mistaken the man for an NPC. Life laughed at himself for a few seconds while the bartender groaned as if it were the usual. 

"Sorry I don't usually make that mistake I just assume every bartender I walk into is an NPC." Life said as he slid onto the bar stool. "Listen I'm just looking for quests on this floor. Help a fellow player out?" Life said politely while holding out his hands. The player across him rolled his eyes. "Right, well I'll give it to you if you just get out of my tavern. There's a re spawning boss in the town of rig just south of here that will give you some exp the first time you kill it for the town nearby. It's not that tough, pretty easy actually. But the experience is decent." Life slid back off the bar stool. "Very well then. I'll take it and go. Thanks for the help, maybe I'll come back and buy a drink some time." He said playfully as he walked out. 

Spoiler

Stats
Level: 27 Health: 540 Energy: 54 Damage: 14 Evasion: 3 Accuracy: 3 Mitigation: 12

Equipped: Lunar Eclipse - Fate (+6 Damage) Unmei No Uragiri (Accuracy +3) Yami Tenno Yukata (+3 Evasion)
All equips from: http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/19029-equipment-for-life/?tab=comments#comment-599050

Inventory:
8 Healing Potions (+50HP)

Skills: 

• Rank 1 Curved Sword
  • Rank 5 katana
  • Rank 3 Light Armour
  • Survival

@Mari 

Edited by Life

"Hmmm....level 57....so only a few more till I hit 60...that was my goal before the boss fight..." Mari said quietly to herself as she walked, her HUD was up and she was looking through the systems and skills. "Let's see...I've just maxed out Battle Healing. Next would be to focus on damage for Kohaku - that way I can use those items from the Cerberus to make my dagger itno a bleed/bleed burn/burn without removing the optimum damage from it."  Mari wasn't really too focused on levels, if someone were to ask her - she'd say it didn't matter, and that she didn't care. Next she'd need to grab some more items.... Cordelia....well thank f**k she opened up her noodle shop - so Mari could eat again, not only that but eat decent food. Mari rested a hand on her stomach and sighed. She had a bowl of Shoyu with her name on it... in fact...

Mari paused as she found a nice spot to sit and rest; a large smooth boulder that sat beneath a tree. Perfect, really. Mari detoured to there and sat upon the rock. There she took out the 'Super Sight Shoyu Ramen' that Cord had made in her store. It was just as fresh as it would be if she were to sit and eat it at Cordelia's store; steam wafted up and hit Mari with the sweet smell of umami and pork. Mari picked up a pair of bamboo chopsticks and started to shovel the food into her face.

When was the last time I even ate?

A quest popped up in front of her <<Cause of Wurms>> Mari blinked and pressed accept - absently reading over it as she ate. Strange...someone nearby must have activated the quest...oh well, her gain. She'd take care of it after she ate.

Super Sight Shoyu Ramen consumed: + 1 ACC

@Life

General
Level: 57 | HP: 1170  |Energy: 114

STATS
DAM: 11 | EVA 3  | MIT 43 | ACC 4 | 

SKILLS
Rank 5 Weapon (+5 DMG)
-Weapon Mod: Precision (+1 ACC)
Rank 5 Charge (+5 Damage -1 ACC)
Charge Mod BULL RUSH: Successful charge stuns target 1 turn
Rank 5 Light Armor (+25 MIT)
SURVIVAL
Rank 5 Battle Healing (5% of total health rounded down start of each turn)

EQUIPPED
Name: 
Kusanagi | Item Type: Dagger | Tier 2
Enhancements: 
Bleed 2 | Damage 2
'Bleed Damage of 24 for 2 turns on a roll of 8-10'

Name: Beacon Necklace | Item Type: Pendant | Tier 2
Enhancements
  +3 ACC 

Name: 
Infernal Shadow | Item Type: Light Armour | Tier 3
Enhancements: 
 +2 Eva | +1 Flame Aura
'Effect: Prevent (6 per slot * Tier) damage per slot from successful attacks against you. Successful non-critical attacks against you deal (5 per slot * Tier) unmitigated burn damage to the attacking enemy.

Life continued out of nimbus through the south gate as instructed, the town of rig shouldn't be too far in that direction. The landscape of the floor wasn't anything too remarkable, just a bunch of grass and rocks with steep inclines and jagged footpaths. It was quite annoying to navigate through more than it was scenic, unlike most of the other floors. After a few hurdles of rough terrain Life was now on a more pleasant path laid out by paved dirt and rubble. Guess its not scorching heat or freezing cold. He thought to himself, there wasn't much to complain about or ride home to.

Life kept on until he saw an orange haze in the distance sitting on a nice spot on top of a smooth boulder under a tree. Surely, it couldn't be another run in with Mari? It wasn't like he didn't want to see her, things were just very difficult between them. In fact he did plan on giving her a lecture the next time he saw her, though he wasn't sure how well she'd take it. 

As he drew closer towards the figure it began to become clearer, and low and behold it was exactly who he thought it was. Life picked up the pace in his step, closing the distance between them. He raised his arm waving over to her. "Well hello again Mari, fancy seeing you here." He repeated the all too familiar phrase. Life's attention was immediately turned towards her noodles as the smell wafted his nose. "Those smell delicious. Promise I'm not stalking you, must be fate." Life took a seat on the boulder next to her, resting his legs. Hopefully she didn't mind his friendly intrusion on her lunch.

@Mari

Edited by Life

"Hmm?"

Mari finished her last mouthful with a long slurp. She chewed slowly and silently as she looked up at Life. Him....again. Disturbing her lovely seat upon this nice flat rock underneath a tree. The rock itself was nice, firm - warmed by the heat of the afternoon sun, yet sheltered by the cool breeze the shade of the tree provided. What a lovely spot, here on the rock under the tree.

Mari finally
swallowed her meal. "Mmm, you know..." Mari said as she pointed the chopsticks toward him. "I really hate the term fate, and how you keep using it." She sighed as she watched the chopsticks disintegrate in her hands, then the bowl that was resting in her lap. Stupid and strange game mechanics. "I'll never get used to that..." Mari muttered as she looked at her hand, opening and closing it.

"It's not really fate. We're both attempting to regain our levels after being away for so long - we both clearly had the same idea. Start at the lower floor quests and do everything as we work our way up. So yeh Life, logically- we'd be bumping into each other a lot." Mari stood up and wiped her mouth with the back of her hand.  Her buttocks missed the cozy warm caress of the giant rock that sat under the tree.  "It's not fate. It's just logic. So, I take it you're here for that wurm quest?"

@Life

Life played with locks of hair which dangled beside his jawline, tangling his finger through it as he listened to her little rebuttal. "Fate isn't always illogical ya'know. Things happen for a reason one way or another, maybe our reunion under this nice spot on a smooth rock under a tree wasn't for any reason we chose ourselves. In fact the very reason in which we did sit in this lovely spot was all lead up to by events out of our control, none of us chose to be trapped in this death game after all." Life raised an eyebrow to her, knowing he had a valid point in that regard. 

Life often wasn't something you could control. It was wild and constantly changing. You would never truly be able to say the everything In life happened because you deemed it to. There was an order in things perhaps, either that or chaos. But the idea of fate was something much more comforting than being simply held against the whims of others.

He slid off the rock tilting his head to the side a bit in acknowledgement for her statement too "But yes I'm here for the wurm quest." He put it simply. "I don't suppose you'd wanna tag team it up again?" Life sent her a part request. This boss couldn't to be too much more difficult than the ones they'd faced before. "I'd worry about the difficulty of the boss but with our teamwork I doubt I need to."

@Mari

"Seriously?" Mari asked as she shifted her eyes to him.  Was he always like this? Having to have the last say on things? Mari drew in a deep breath. Biting her tongue, willing herself to ignore his ramblings about fate. But he kept going....Mari sighed. "I. Just. Said. I hate. The. Term. Fate." Mari enunciated each word as she stepped up to him. Slowly and surely, to get the point across.  Sure the two could prattle on about fate and what it is and isn't, but Mari really didn't feel like it - not after the hell she has been through. Not after the hell he put her through. "Fate my f**king ass." Mari mumbled under her breath as she turned her back on him. She figured the entire words she used went straight over his head.

Things happen for one reason or another?

Right - so he tortured her for a reason? He took a sick satisfaction in watching her suffer? He had successfully convinced her that she was a monster? Was all that fate according to his goddamn grandiose words? And what of the death of her daughter? Was that fate?

Nah.

Mari hated the term. She was trying to be polite and brush the thing off, but he just had to push. Maybe h was doing it on purpose - Maybe this was his way of trying to drive her insane again. Wurm his way back under her defences under falsehoods. What next? A speech about how she had to embrace her destiny as a murderer?

The party request popped up in front of her, and Mari really, really didn't want to accept it - not after his rant. Still - she'd show him. She'd show him she was better than all that. Mari lifted her finger and pressed accept. "It's not too difficult - I could probably one shot it, or get very close to doing so, especially if I use a damage crystal or potion. I specialize more in DoT which is great against bosses, but not so great against small fry like this."

@Life

Life's eyes darted to the left and right when she began to snap at him, rather dazed by her response. He went silent as she continued, it seemed fate was a bit of a touchy term for her. All things considered he felt that it was probably fair. After all, who really would like accepting the notion that nothing they did mattered and they were simply on the receiving end of whatever would be dealt to them. Would searching for the reason why really be of interest anyway? Perhaps it was the wrong time and place to banter about philosophy. "Well alright then, guess I'll scratch fate off the menu." Life said light-heatedly.  

It seemed whenever he approached her with a jovial tone she was quick to shut him down. I guess I deserve that much.

Life took a deep breath letting it go and walked a few steps ahead as she continued to talk. "All I've got on me are a bunch of health potions, I could always make an opening for you and let you finish it. It almost worked out that way against that crocodile boss dude we went up against last time. Either that or you can lead, I don't mind either way." He was pretty carefree all things considered, with Mari in his party there wasn't really much that could go wrong. Life yawned and stretched before looking back. "Alright lets get going then. Shouldn't be too much further south down this path." 

@Mari

Life seemed dejected - again when Mari kinda...maybe...sorta... tore into him about the mechanics of fate. She sighed, brusing her hair out of her face. "Look. I don't mean to be so prickly and standoffish - I really don't. There are just certain subjects that really kinda peeve me off - and that's one of them." Mari tugged on her scarf - pulling it away from her neck - smoothing out the ends of it as they walked. "And it's hard yanno...I want this friendship to work but whenever I look at you, I'm just reminded of everything. But I'm...I am trying."

"That ramen I ate - it's a Shoyu  that increases your accuracy. This wurm thing moves fast - unexpectedly so - and can jump up on us at any moment once we hit the spawn zone. So I figure it'd work out in my favour."  Mari wished she had pockets, she'd shove her hands in them then. She never knew what to do with them whilst she talked to others. "How about  I charge in and attack it, on the off chance I don't kill it or miss - you follow through."

Mari took out her dagger, fiddling with it as they walked. She ran a finger along the crimson red blade - it may have been a drop from a floor boss - but by the current standards, it wasn't exactly the best weapon around. Still, it was hers. "I really need to stock up on health potions myself."

@Life

Mari seemed apologetic, though he knew she didn't have to be. It seemed despite everything she still did want to make their friendship work, he couldn't blame her for any of her behavior towards him. He felt as though he still had a lot of explaining to do, and a lot more work ahead of him if he wanted to make things right. "If you want to have it when it shows up I've got no objections." Life almost added that he liked watching her kill things, but knew that would sound terribly wrong considering the past. "If you need them I could lend you mine, though they're not particularly that powerful, only fifty hit points a piece."

As they continued to walk Life wondering if it'd be the right time to get something off his chest, or if after the boss would be more appropriate. Life sighed, its not like this boss would last too long anyway, if Mari hit it he probably wouldn't have a chance to draw his sword. "Hey I... need to say something.." He paused trying to gather the right words. "I don't know if you knew, but the A.I that was manipulating me all those years ago... I found its source. A console deep in a dungeon, similar to the one we were in when... things got really messed up. I destroyed it. Even though its over, I feel so guilty about my own weakness. My inability to protect you or control my actions. It will haunt me every day, sometimes It whispers in my dreams, taunting me, but I've come to terms with the fact that its my own guilty conscious..." Life paused, a tear rolling down the side of his face opposite to Mari. "I try to be strong and act as though everything's fine. When I'm just trying to cover my shame. I know its hard for you, because if its this hard for me, I can't imagine what you feel." 

@Mari

Edited by Life

"Yeh, I'll just charge up and attack it - Course with the shifting ground I may still miss - in that case you can attack but then you'd be generating the hate and it'd attack you." Mari scratched her cheek. "If I'm being honest, I'd rather it attack me."  She ran a thumb underneath the leather harness that was strapped around her chest. "This thing has Flame Aura - and will burn it if it tries to hurt me. I've also probably got more mitigation than you, and whilst I'm not happy with you. I'd rather not have you hurt too badly."  Mari offered him a wry smile. "That'd be my job, not the job of some mob."

Mari shook her head at his offer of a health potion, "Nah, I appreciate the offer but you'd need them more than I, 'sides I am an alchemist. I can just make my own...err...when I get more materials."

The converation shifted; they had paused in their trek as Life stopped. His voice heavy with an emotion Mari could not pick. "The what now?" Mari asked. AI? What the hell was he on about? He seemed to be trying to explain something. She hadn't ever heard of some sort of AI manipulating another player - she doubted anything would have that much power. "So...you're just gonna blame the [censored] you did to me on some sort of..." Mari rose her hands with finger quotes. "AI?" She scoffed. "No offence - actually, yeh. Offense. But that's a load of bullsh*t." Mari said as she turned on her heel, jabbing him in the chest with her index finger. "You're gonna tell me that the hell you put me through was due to you being puppeteered by some outside source? I call bull. Even if there was some sort of thing whispering sh*t in your head. YOUR actions are still YOUR actions. You coulda told them no but you didn't. Don't insult me. I've owned up to my past actions. I'm taking the heat and repurcussions of them - the least you can do is the same f**king thing."

@Life

Life knew this was the kind of reaction he'd face, which is why he had just taken the blame in the first place. Life tried to speak but it felt as though a lump in his throat took his words away. He swallowed hard, his voice strained. "I, I know. It is my fault. You're right. I take full responsibility for my actions I didn't have to do any of what I did, but I did it anyway. I guess.. I.." Life stammered. He thought she would have noticed something off. "I guess I must have just been more screwed out of my mind than I thought. When I was hurting you.. attacking you. I could have sworn remembering a little girl hitting you in my place... I think my mind has just come up with a bunch of defense mechanisms to deflect the blame. It was one of the things I had the most difficulty coming to grips with... none of it was made up in my head, It was all me." Life stopped, wondering if he should even be saying all this, she had already forgiven him, why push? Maybe he felt that he wanted his friend to understand him better, to help him deal with his guilt. But that wasn't something he could ask his victim for, what was he thinking? 

The truth was even though he boasted about spending two years reflecting, he still hadn't dealt with his own deflections. His ramblings about fate, just a way to rationalise what happened. Maybe the truth was that fate didn't exist, and that everything he did was in the name of chaos, a result of his actions, his poor judgement, his weakness. He didn't want to take anymore backwards steps. He had to accept it. 
"Even if there was an A.I and It wasn't just my messed up mind, you're right. I was in control and it's my fault, I just wanted to get that off my chest, I don't want it to consume me anymore." 

@Mari

"You know I tried." Mari said, turning away from him. "Maybe I should blame myself too, I kept on thinking to myself 'this isn't the Life I know, this isn't little blackbird'  maybe he was having a bad day, maybe he just needs someone to vent his frustrations on but..." Mari felt her chest tighten. "But...more and more I began to realize that that was who you were then. The cruel interactions overshadowed the good ones, and I figured - maybe I was wrong - maybe that sadistic part of you was actually who you were...despite that..." Mari grimaced. "Despite that I do honestly believe you wanna change, and I won't get in the way of that."  She turned her back on him and continued to walk. "You know I won't even open up to others about whats happened? It weighs  so heavily on me, but I'm afraid that if I did - it'd just hinder your own healing process."

"Self Sacrifice is the path to redemption, but you still need to look after yourself first, because if you die, or give away everything to the point you have nothing to work with... the number of people you can help is 0."

'Sorry Baldur, I guess I just can't help myself...' Mari thought to herself. Baldur had warned her; in his own calming way - that if she continued to give everything, she'd have nothing left...but - she already had nothing. So, she kept on pushing her own pain down for the sake of others. Its all she could do. Hell, even admitting that much to Life - Mari felt may have overstepped the line. She didn't think he needed more guilt, even if she was furious with him.

"Just....Just stop..." Mari said, clearly tired of the conversation. "I don't have the energy to keep being angry. You have it off your chest now, right? Do you feel better now?"

@Life

Life stayed silent as she began to walk again, he followed slowly behind. Even after all that she was still considerate of him to bottling everything up. This isn't fair at all for you... I vented everything out and put it all back on your shoulders.. yet you haven't told a soul and continue to look out for me. How selfish can I continue to be? What is wrong with me? Even the fact she was already thinking of him and willing to take the aggro of the boss was testament to her willingness to keep making things work, to look out for him. Life held the side of his stomach, gripping tightly at his skin. He had to do better now, no more excuses.

"Thank you Mari. For everything. You're a good person, and I hope you believe that." 

It still bothered him that she didn't believe she had anything to go back to outside of the game, or that she thought her life was worth less than others. But he felt she had enough of his antics for now, and didn't want to bring up another heavy discussion. They were here on a quest after all. Life rested his hand back on his katana and picked up his pace so that he could catch up with Mari. "It shouldn't be too much further now. Once we get near the town it'll attack us on sight. If you're still ok with taking it on first I'll have your back in case something goes wrong." 

@Mari

"Thank you Mari. For everything. You're a good person, and I hope you believe that." 

Mari shook her head. "No... I'm not, good people don't kill others." She offered Life a faint smile. "I appreciate the thought though."

"There!" Mari called out, pointing toward a ripple in the loose ground. "That's where its gonna pop up." Mari dashed forward - flipping her dagger into a reverse grip. Just as she neared the ripple the sand creature burst forth, roaring. Screaming out a warbled battle cry as it struck forward, ready to devour Mari.

SNAP

It's Jaws shut over the tiny redheaded woman, and she disappeared from sight. It's glassy blue eyes shifted to Life as its body rumbled with what sounded like a chuckle, almost as if it was taunting Life - but Mari, she was fine - she pivoted on her foot and slashed the inside of the mobs mouth. Amphis Serpens screamed as it recoiled, shaking wildly to and fro. <Bleed> appeared above its head. "That's what you get for tryna eat me you stupid sh*t!" Mari spat as she kicked at the sand. Amphis Serpens hissed and began to move around Mari in a circular fashion.

It's health was already so low, realistically both Mari and Life could walk away and it'd die from the bleed damage.

@Life

ID:138200  BD:7 BLEED ACTIVATED
11+5 Charge= 16 x 11=208-70=138

[2]< Mari >
     1170/1170 HP |  11 DMG |  43 MIT | 5 ACC-1 | 3 EVA-17114/114 NRG

< AMPHIS SERPENS>         37/175 HP | 45 MIT | 70 DMG    BLEED -24 2/2 Turns

Life watched as the boss immediately sprung from the ground and attempted to swallow Mari whole. That was much more abrupt than i thought it was gonna be. Life quickly grabbed at his Katana hilt, he said he'd get her back and he meant it. Just as he began to move forward to the serpent a flurry of strikes erupted from the beasts maw, being forced to let her go. Life smirked "Nice one." The boss now circled Mari, probably in some kind of attempt to constrict her, but that wouldn't fly. Life watched as the serpent circled and watched for the moment its head would face him.

He kicked off the sand and dashed forward brandishing his cobalt steel blade as its head now was coming past Life. Mari had weakened it significantly already, this next attack would be fatal. "That's as far as you go!" Life lifted his katana above his head as he moved and brought it straight down on the serpents nape, severing its head off clean before it could make another rotation. It's now lifeless body shot out to the side due to its momentum, and hovered over the sand as it traveled, its body dissipating before being able to hit the ground. He probably could have left it to bleed out and die, but he didn't want any risk of it harming Mari. 

Life returned his blade into his scabbard, another boss made quick work of by their duo party. "Easy enough." Life jested, these bosses had been rather disappointing since he returned, perhaps he wasn't as weak as he thought. Though, he was yet to explore the higher floors yet. Probably better not get too cocky. 

ID: 138211 BD:10 (Natural)
Damage: 14+2=16*7= 112

Party - 
Life: 540/540 HP | 14 DMG | 12MIT | 2 ACC (3-1) | 2 EVA (3-1) | 47/54 EN
Mari: 
1170/1170 HP |  11 DMG |  43 MIT | 5 ACC-1 | 3 EVA-1  98/114 NRG

< AMPHIS SERPENS>        

0/175 HP (112-45= 67 Damage) | 45 MIT | 70 DMG    BLEED -24 2/2 Turns

@Mari

Edited by Life

Mari expected to finish off the Wurm; she expected Life to hang back and wait for it to die - because that was easier, and at least he wouldn't be in danger if he had done that. Instead; he had charged forward - finishing it off.  Mari pulled hair back out of her face as she sheathed her dagger, safely at her side. "Well, that's that then. At least I don't have to experience the inside of its damn mouth again." She half joked. "Seriously - I'm glad Wurms don't drool. The last thing I need is to be covered in that." Mari sighed. as she crossed her arms over her chest. "I...miss showers." Whilst no one really had the need to shower it was the action. The normalcy it held. The relaxation. Things Mari couldn't really experience.

Mari shifted her gaze around the sandy area.
"Honestly...didn't expect something like this on a mountainous floor - its not surprising that it spawns here. Expanse, wide, open spaces...perfect for it really...c'mon - lets head back to the forest before it spawns again."

Mari wasn't really sure what else she should or even could say to him. Things were so very strained right now.

@Life

Life nodded in agreement as she fussed about the wurm. "It definitely would have been a dick move by Kayaba to just make a boss that slobbered all over you as soon as you showed up." Though her next statement made him wonder for a moment. "You have plumbing in your house on floor four don't you?" Life joked and followed her as she gestured for them to start heading toward the forest. "Actually, now that I think about it, I don't think I've showered in two years. Good thing I can't stink or I'd be gross as hell right now." Life laughed at himself for a few seconds before letting out a sigh of almost contentedness.

As the quest clocked in its completion he watched his experience pool over to a level up, he was making good progress toward his goal. "I think If I keep going like this I could probably rejoin the front lines pretty soon. Though I don't exactly know just how powerful the current players there are, once I get around that level I should probably start asking for their experiences." Upon saying that Life realised that she probably had been on the front lines after him too. "Hey, you joined floor bosses after the hydra right? What was it like?" 

@Mari

Mari shrugged, "I don't think Kayaba really cares about what is and isn't considered a dick move - he trapped us all in here - he's letting people die daily. So yeh, a boss slobbering on you? That's nothing really. Like there are giant dogs on the higher floors, I can guarantee they'd slobber over you."

"Errr...." Mari shifted her gaze away. "No, I don't have any plumbing, I don't even have a bed or a room. All I could afford was a single living room - even then I don't really spend much time there..."  She didn't continue the sentence, she didn't really feel like explaining to Life that she felt like she didn't deserve the home - and that more often than not she had tried to avoid the place because it felt almost a little too normal. She had done too much to deserve that... and a big part of her hangups was how Life had treated her...he didn't need to hear that, not when he was trying hard. "You don't stink, at least not physically at least." Mari tried to jest, but it was evident there were underlining things in her tone - words and emotions she wouldn't say.

"Frontliners..." RIght...she was going to be rejoining them soon, she ad met some of them - but not everyone. "I think the strongest are around level 88...so if you wanted to rejoin I'd recommended being around level 50 to 60, at the bare minimum."

Mari winced as he asked her about the bosses after the Hydra. "I...I single handedly found the Floor 10 and Floor 11 bosses...The Azure brigade denounced any help for the Floor 10 boss - the Orochi. Because I was the one in charge, it was their way of trying to give me and anyone who wanted to help me a death sentence. Still, I led a small group of people to the floor, and defeated the boss with no losses...I didn't do anything after that..." Mari rubbed her arm gingerly.  "They forced me out, Zel and a few others were after my head - told me if I were to step foot into a boss battle they'd kill me - that if I was anywhere they'd kill me."

@Life

Life smirked at her small jokes, though he could tell she meant some of it partly. Also, no bed or plumbing? Didn't seem like a very comfortable home, though he should probably keep that opinion to himself. Level 50-60 at least for the front lines right now huh... That's more than double my current level. I've got a lot of work to do.. Life drifted in thought for a moment before tuning back in to listen about her experience on the front line. "Wow... I didn't realize it got that bad for you. Also didn't realise Zelrius was such a dick... errr, not that I can really point fingers. I had a few experiences with him, didn't seem that bad from them. Though I'm glad you're still alive then. That dagger must have been a boss drop from one of those floor bosses then, right. It's pretty neat." Life did notice it earlier, though he didn't comment on it. A high damage weapon that also did high bleed seemed pretty good, though from his experience bleed weapons usually did less damage. It must have been a special item. He also found it pretty impressive she found two boss floors on her own, that takes some dedication. 

Life wondered if Zelrius was still alive, or any of the other front liners who made it through the hydra fight. To be honest thinking about it was still painful for him, but it was one of the things he had learnt to accept and move on from. The two made it into the shade of the forest, finding shelter from the sun under some trees, from here they could part ways one way close to the bosses floor for Mari, and the other direction the teleporter for Life. "I've got a long ways to go, and plenty more exp to grind before I can make it back there... I'll catch up to you some day Mari, and when I do I'll have your back. You can be sure of that." Nothing shall forestall my return. 

@Mari

Edited by Life

"Yeh, it was pretty bad." Mari said quietly. Life mentioned that he didn't realize that Zel was a bad person. "Yeh...funny about that..." Mari muttered. "Seems to be a trend, be a sh*t to Mari and nice to everyone else." Mari began counting absently on her hand. "Lessie, we have you, Zel, Lowenthal...just off the top of my head that is. But hey, maybe I'm a liar - maybe its all in my head." Mari said bitterly. It was meant to be a joke, but it sure as hell didn't sound like one.  "Maybe It'd be better if I bit back, then maybe all those rumours about me would be true for once."

Not that Mari actually had the heart to do so. She knew there ware people who would probably never like her, and that...would have to be okay. Mari didn't really plan on surviving forever here. She sighed and shook her head. "I'm doing it again....aren't I..." She said quietly. Things were beginning to bubble up again, and it was hard...so very hard to keep them bottled up. But, even though her chest ached, and it felt like someone was strangling her from within Mari offered Life a smile.

"You'll get there fairly quickly - I managed to gain close to twenty levels these past few months." She could tell he was getting ready to leave, and she had no qaulms with that. She needed to sort out her head anyway.

"Just keep doing those quests - it'll pile up rather quickly I think." She offered him with another wave. "Sorry. I'll try not to be so bitter next time."

@Life