Spoiler

ID# 139356 results: Craft: 6 [1 Material found] Loot: 19+8=27 [8 Eggs found]

Total Loot:

Eggs: 56
Col: 4,800
Materials: 19
Perfect Weapons: [139268a] [139268b]
Perfect Consumables: [139268c]

Shield's features were taut as he contemplated his response to that last question. "I-" he began, but then closed his mouth and shifted his position uncomfortably. "I haven't decided. I know I'm needed," he added, almost apologetically. "However, after the falling out from before, I don't know if my presence actually attending battles would be more of a help or a hindrance." His weight shifted uncomfortably on his makeshift stone stool, though it was not the seat itself that was uncomfortable. "I would like to help out... Baldur spoke of his efforts to mentor the up and coming players who hope to join the front lines. I was a member in a guild with similar aims, though poor execution. I feel I learned enough of what not to do from that time watching leadership that I might be able to be of help there without causing disturbances or... further schisms."

To his relief, his meanderings were interrupted by a pull at the end of his line. It was a weak fish, and he fought it to shore with ease, though its bounty of eggs was plentiful. He snatched it up from the shore and stored it away with the others, pleased so far with his progress. "I'm well on my way to meeting that first goal. This trip alone is about one fifth of that marker."

Edited by Shield
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mari exhaled. Somewhat relieved that he didn't question her...shall we say flowery depiction of Baldur. That'd be an awkward one to explain. "I think it simple really." Mari said as she threw out her line. "Do you want to return? Don't think about if you're needed or not, or how it'll affect some dillweeds who can't get their heads straight."

Mari paused as she watched the float; trying to figure the best way to word things. Mari wasn't eloquent like Baldur, nor rambunctiously positive like Macradon. "If you're hesitating because you think you'll upset someone throw that to the wind - Hypocritical for me to say that. I have the same concerns...but I want to return, so I am. I have the confidence that people have my back. The people that matter anyway." Mari shrugged as she slowly reeled in her line after having felt a tug.

"I've been told it's a little...complicated on the frontlines but I'm just gonna go in there and do my best, at the end of the day - that's all any of us can do. But if you're not sure you wanna do it, well, no offense but you'll be useless if you're flaffing about out there."

Mari turned to Shield after placing the pittance of eggs she collected away. "For what its worth, and yeh, I get its not much - I'll throw one of those eggs at anyone who tries to cause some sort of issue with you. You've been nice, and patient with me - I value that." Mari flashed shield a smile that broke the usual dreary freckled facade she wore. "I'll make sure the egg is all old and soggy too - just for good measure."

Mari took a moment to count the eggs that she had. "Hmm, I think I still need around 400 eggs - I was aiming for about 500, so I'll be here a while - but at least this spot is kinda nice..." Mari said as she held out her hand. The twinkling lights from the flourescent mushrooms, and from the scattered light, fractured from the crystals above - they danced across her pale skin as she tilted her hand two and fro.  "It's almost a romantic spot really.'

@Shield

ROLL: 139361  CD: 11  LD: 4
4 Mats 2 eggies agian

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
-54 Eggie Weggies
-19 T3 Materials

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

ID# 139424 results: Craft: 11 [4 Materials found] Loot: 2+8=10 [Multipurpose housing bonus used] 10+1=11 [6 Eggs found]

Total Loot:

Eggs: 62
Materials: 23

"Well, not sorry to say, I'm taken," he said, giving an amused snort as evidence that he knew she was not trying to make a pass at him. "No, but it is a good spot. It's very rare that others are here, so in my isolation, it was a good spot to come and clear my head." At the mention of how nice the spot was, it decided to reward Shield with another catch, but this one was more than he had anticipated. It bent his pole and he had to use his entire body's concerted efforts to stop it pulling him in, and then to eventually turn the tides and fight it back to shore. The fish was easily twice the size of the other thins he had encountered thus far, and plenty of eggs to boot.

Once he had recovered and returned to his seat after being drug about, he took a deep breath. "It's not that I'm concerned about other being pissy," he continued, picking up the conversation where Mari had left it. "People can have their bad attitudes as long as we're all working together. The issue is if my presence would further divide the front lines. When one player created dissent among the general consensus of the front lines, and when her group later created pandemonium in a labyrinth guardian battle, I called her out at the subsequent boss raid meeting. The meeting... was in shambles by the end. Everyone was angry. One player attempted to pummel me with her fists... and it just so happens that the player I called out and the one who tried to beat me were the remaining tank and healer. If they leave, we're going to be in a worse position than we are now."

He inspected his rod and his line, making sure it had survived the battle with the last fish. "I do want to return," he said, his dark eyes no longer focused on his rod or tackle. "But what matters most to me is we get out of here as soon as possible. If my presence would be an impediment or cause more chaos, then that is the wrong decision. I think..." his gaze lifted to the lake, though still clearly unfocused. "I think attending the next meeting might be the test of that. Just to see what happens."

Edited by Shield

"Pffft. Sorry to say, but I like someone else." Mari said. Barely realizing the words that had come from her mouth - nor how easily the admission had been. If Macradon had heard her say that, he'd be proud. If Mari realized she said that, she'd be mortified.

"I like quiet places like this." Mari said as she fiddled with her rod, haphazardly tying another lure to it before tossing it back into the river- she hadn't been quite so successful the last few times so she found herself caring less about this attempt. "I have a place on the forth floor I go to think and to play my violin -" She paused and laughed softly as she turned to Shield. "Would you believe Baldur thought my music was the ambient background music of the floor..." Mari stiffled another giggle. "You shoulda seen the look on his face when he realized it was a player."

Mari stopped as Shield struggled with his catch, she shifted - ready to help and grasp his long rod if she had to - but it semed that Shield was well versed when it came to handling his rod. Men like him - rugged and stalwart, it wasn't surprising that he had it under control. Mari sighed as she tilted her neck, cracking it.

"Well, you have your answer now don't you." Mari said. "Come to the meeting. I dunno when it is, but I know it'll probably be soon - I'll be there, so will Mac, and Baldur."

Mari felt a tug on her rod; it wasn't as impressive as Shields, and whilst she had the experience, her handling wasn't as strong - nor her grip as tight - so when Mari reeled in her catch, it was nothing more than a few eggs, a material and a tiny, sad, limp fish.  Mari grimaced as she stared at her 'bounty'

"Ugh- you know that offer to throw an egg is still on the table." She said with a grumble as she put away her catch. "I'm not good with words or anything like that, but I'm sure i could hit someone to cause a distraction at least. Who needs to pummel with fists when we have moist chocolate?"

@Shield

ROLL: 139425  CD: 9  LD: 5
3 Materials 2 eggies

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
-56 Eggie Weggies
-21 T3 Materials

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

ID# 139426 results: Craft: 2 [0 Materials found] [0 Eggs found]

Eggs: 62
Materials: 23

In the pit of his stomach, Shield could feel the knot of tension and apprehension begin to uncoil itself somewhat. Having made a decision was helpful. It was at least one fewer things to worry about. He was not looking forward to the results of said decision, but he would cross that bridge when he got to it. "Well, not that I know you or have a right to intrude on your business, but since that's more or less all that we've been doing on this trip, I figure what's the harm in butting in further," he said with a chuckle. "If you've got your eye on someone, you might have some rough times ahead. Relationships work best when you keep an even keel. And from your past accounts and from the time we've spent you're..." Shield knew the next part could be taken as an insult, but he allowed himself to chortle a little, which he hoped would communicate otherwise. "Well, you're a bit of a mess. An endearing mess, but still a mess."

A wry little smile turned up at the corner of his lips. "Now if the person you had in mind say... had a strong warmth to their presence, with a smile that can wash away your turbulent tidal waves... that might be a good balancing factor," he said, widening his smirk and giving a gentle elbow to her ribs. "But, hey, that's none of my business, right?"

Edited by Shield

Shield called her an endearing mess. Mari gave Shield a sheepish grin. "Aha - that's - putting it lightly." Mari scratched the back of her head. "I'm...a bit more of a mess than that. I'm only just recently thinkin' I may not be so-" She paused - the words Life had used to describe her...debased, tarnished. A monster. "So..." Her words were failing her, Mari wasn't really good at complimenting herself. "I'm human at least." Mari said with a small nod. She couldn't exactly say she was good, nice, fair - attractive, none of those things. But ,she could very much say she was human.

"I'm not gonna act on anything." Mari said as she pulled her line in. Her shoulders sunk, Mari had little self worth. She slowly picked the eggs of the rod. "It's...complicated - I'm probably not really on their mind and I don't feel like I'm the best person to be in a relationship with, nor would I be good in one right now." Mari doubted she was even on Baldur's radar. Let alone anything else. She was only just trying to work out why she felt the way she did about him.

Shield simply offered her a smirk, elbowng her with a gentle nudge as he spoke, words sly and cunning.

Mari bristled, shoulders tensing as she dropped her rod, she shuffled- turning her entire form to him as her small hands balled up into fists. Cheeks flushed. "Who told you? Was it Macradon!?" He was the only person who knew, right?  "I'm gonna shove his face into so many lemons."  Mari mumbled to herself as she made squishing motions with her hands.

Somewhere deep in the cavern; she thought she heard Mac sneeze.

@Shield

ROLL:139429  CD: 9  LD: 5
3 materials 2 eggies

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
-58 Eggie Weggies
-24 T3 Materials

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

ID# 139433 results: Craft: 5 [1 Material found] Loot: 3+8=11 [6 Eggs found]

Eggs: 68
Materials: 24

"Pppppft!" Shield laughed through a loud raspberry, not having expected such a reaction. Then again, considering he had just called Mari out on her tempestuous nature, perhaps he should have. "I haven't spoken to Macradon in years, and I literally have never spoken to anyone about you before," he wiped the corner of his eye, returning his hands to his fishing rod as it gave signs of another tiny nibble. "If you want your affections to remain hidden, you're going to have to do a better job of hiding them when you speak. The whole cavern practically went into soft focus and sparkle filters when you started talking about him." He hauled out another tiny fish with far too many eggs for its size and stored it and its contents away.

"You needn't worry," he said, laying a hand on her shoulder. "The entirety of this conversation is in confidence. I won't tell ~Senpai~ about your feelings." He tried and failed to contain another smirk and gave her shoulder a pat before breaking contact. "Maybe it's not the best time," he said, turning her words over in his mind. "Doesn't mean it's a bad time to get to know him. Who knows? Maybe a little stability from someone strong-willed like him might be the push you need to be ready for all that."

Edited by Shield

Shields laugh was loud, the kind of laugh where you threw your head back and your entire body shook. Mari's small brows furrowed.  Lips pursed in a mixture of frustration and embarrassment. She had been the one to tell him. Was it that obvious? "You need to get your eyes checked." Mari said as she picked up her rod and hastily tied a lure to it before throwing a line out. Mari straightened herself with a little wiggle of her butt on the ground - keeping her back straight she huffed.

Mari didn't really have any other words to say to him about - well her way of speaking, she wasn't as quick witted as she liked to think she was. "You know I keep a lotta things close. I Guess I didn't realize what I was saying came off that way." She huffed again. "You're the one who was so affectionately talking about him to start with. If anything I wouldn't be surprised if you wanted to make goo-goo eyes at him. You wouldn't be the first I've seen." Mari said, thinking back on how Macradon and Baldur were practically in each others arms during the Gatekeeper of Fire quest.

Mari relaxed when he said she didn't need to worry, feeling the warmth of his hand on her shoulder. "I appreciate-really!?" She said, bristling like a cat who had demanded tummy pats only to immediately decide no.  She would have insulted him then, if not for her rod which bent down- Mari scrambled to tighten her grip, pulling up the line with haste - a large black bass sat on the end of it, several large eggs stuck to its scales. Mari began picking them off.

"I wanna get to know him...honestly I thought about messaging him to join me for this event - yanno, no fighting just fishing and conversation. But I unno..." Mari shook her head. "Honestly, I'm not sure if what I feel is anything more than simple infatuation - I mean... have you seen his clavicles?" She took the fish and used it to prod Shield in the chest. "He's not the type to fish for compliments either. IF anything I'd think he'd get uncomfortable with it." She jested before throwing the fish back into the river.

@Shield

ROLL:139434 cd: 9  ld: 20
3 mats 8 eggies

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
-66 Eggie Weggies
-26 T3 Materials

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

ID# 139435 results: Craft: 11 [4 Materials found] Loot: 14+8=22 [8 Eggs found]

Eggs: 76
Materials: 28

"Oh, Baldur would never turn you down for a fishing trip," Shield said, waving his hand in the air to dismiss the thought. "He'll adventure about anywhere with anyone. You'll have lots and lots of opportunities to get to know him."

At that moment, his line bent almost all the way to the water, and he had to jump up out of his seat to keep hold of it. That wasn't enough, however, as the fish on the other end threatened to pull him into the water, even despite having the Stonewall skill mod equipped. He strained, digging in his heels hard and plopping his backside onto the stone floor of the cavern to lower his center of gravity. Little by little, he gained control, using the moments when the fish turned to and fro to reel in slack, forcing it nearer and nearer. Finally, with one last heave and a push from his legs, the fish was launched from the water, landing with a hard slap on the stone bank and flipping around like a bucking horse. Finally, like all those before it, it seized and fell still.

Standing up, Shield stepped over to his catch, picking it up by the tail. "In any case, I say go for it," Shield added, turning to face Mari with the fish extended in his hand. "He's a hell of a catch."

Edited by Shield

Mari snorted as she began to affix another lure to her line - normally one wouldn't have to do such things, but hey Aincrad- the action was almost second nature to her now. "Yeh - it's pretty easy to imagine him leaning up against a tree or somethin' as he's asleep with rod in hand or something." She said with a friendly smile. "Maybe I'll message him and see." Somehow, despite their earlier heavy conversation - Shield had managed to put her in lighter spirits.

"Whoa, watch out!" Mari said as she had to shield her face from the cascade of water. "Geez - I'm glad we're not in competition. You'd be the winner by far with a catch like that - what is that? A Sturgeon?" Mari asked as she tried to peer at his catch to get a closer look at it. Mari had fished a fair bit back in the real world, sometimes even taking the boat out along the coastal waters of where she lived. "It's a shame these are all just for the egg event - I haven't had a decently cooked fish in a long time."

Mari's own line tugged down hard and as she was leaning over Shields fish, she was almost thrown into the river,  one foot went into the waters as she struggled to pull the fish back up, up, up over her head and onto the bank bam right next to Shields. Hers were covered in a plethora of eggs. Mari couldn't help but laugh.

"Yeh, maybe that's why I feel hook line and sinker."  Mari said with a snort.

@Shield

ROLL:139481  CD: 4 LD: 16
8 Eggies

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
-74 Eggie Weggies
-26 T3 Materials

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

ID# 139486 results: Craft: 1 [nothin]

"It looks like something serious but..." Shield extended the fish and flicked the skin of it with his other hand. It jiggled furiously, the entire fish rippling like jell-o. "I feel like the event is mocking me, because it's given me nothing but gummy fish full of chocolate eggs. Next thing, it'll forcibly slap a pair of bunny ears and buck teeth on me." He banished the fish to his inventory and set his line to cast again, baiting the hook and then winding up, sending his next throw well past the deeper portion to the other end of the lake.

The ripples that ran out from the landing hook and bobber were, unfortunately, the only disturbance to be had in the water. Shield watched and waited, but nothing seemed to come of that spot, at least not in the timing of a typical cast in the game. He reeled in part way and let his bobber sit in the new location, sighing and taking a seat again. "Wouldn't be the first time I've been humiliated in this game for the sake of a holiday. Dear lord, the Valentine's event a few years ago was mortifying. And let's not forget the spectacle that was my wedding..."

Edited by Shield

Mari laughed. "No - please don't talk about bunny ears - Macradon forced a set on me recently - I don't think I'd ever live it down." Mari quickly glanced around the cavern, almost worried that talking about it would summon him, causing him to come and throw another set of ears on her before literally hopping away, she held up her hand in a mock whisper. "He's like that Bloody Mary thing; say it too many times and it'll come true."

With one hand on her fishing rod; she used her other to flick open her HUD; taking Shields advice. "Why? What happened at your wedding?" Mari asked. Before she could fully write it, her rod twinged - and Mari pulled up a few more eggs, the fish - gone. But hey, at least she had eggs.

To: @Baldur
Subject: EggSelent Fishing

Hey, so there is this Easter Event - where we gotta collect a bunch of eggs. I was hoping to get some for dungeons - and you do owe me a dungeon. Want to join me for some fishing and I'll consider the debt paid?

-Mari

"Well..." Mari said as she closed her HUD - "Message sent." She didn't say anything about how her heart felt like it was going to leap out her chest and through her throat. Or that it had been harder to send that message than others she'd sent in the past. It was nothing more than a request to hang out. No insidious dealings, not fancy trappings, just good ol' fishing.

"So....how many do you have now?" Mari asked. "I think I counted close to 80 for myself."

@Shield

ROLL:139487  CD:3  LD:7
4 Eggs

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
-78 Eggie Weggies
-26 T3 Materials

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

ID# 139488 results: Craft: 2 [nope]

"See? Not so hard, was it?" Shield said, resisting the urge to clap her on the shoulder again, considering how well that went last time. "In all seriousness though, no, it probably wasn't easy, but still, good on you."

Shield tossed out his line once more, trying to find a tactful way to address the question regarding his wedding. "The bad thing about it was... people showed up. And they treated it like an actual wedding!His face fell into his free hand and he slowly shook his head. "It was a marriage of convenience... to my friend... for housing bonuses..." Shield shuddered remembering the whole affair, how his at-the-time familiar, Norbert, the snapping turtle, had been dressed up as the ring bearer but had done nothing but gape his jaws and hiss at anyone who came near and snap at people who tried to touch him. "Messages went out, and what was supposed to be a small gathering to give the front liners food bonuses for the upcoming boss raid turned into a public disaster of untold proportions!"

The bobber out in the water did just that - bob - and seemed to be doing nothing else. He wound in his line. "I'm probably close to that myself. I would like to get up at least to a round hundred before packing it in."

Edited by Shield

"Hey, I mean..." Mari said - wanting to chastise him. But he wasn't being snide- Shield was being sincere, Mari couldn't really retort nor nitpick that now could she? "I guess it was a little harder than the regular messages I send - but I have a tendency to overthink and get lost in my own mind. Honestly - I'm not looking for anything, really. I just..." Mari sighed. What did she want?

"It'd nice to just have a close friend like him." Mari said as she threw her line out again.

Mari listened to Shield as he talked about his wedding, sounded pretty similar to the Valentines Gala that had recently taken place - it ended up being a bit of a disaster. Granted, she was no better- she was stealing strawberries. "Sounds about right." Mari said as she felt a tug on her line. "People...kinda let loose at those sorta things - I guess its all that pent up frustration we all carry." She reeled her line in and blinked. It was like one of those magician tricks, where one kept pulling more and more handkerchiefs from their sleeve, but it was eggs from water instead. "Well Damn...this will put me close to 90."

Mari grabbed her 'catch' and placed them into her inventory. "Yeh, I'm wanting at least one hundred - but honestly - I have nothing better to do." She gave Shield a smirk. "And I suppose the company isn't too bad."

@Shield

ROLL:139490  CD: 4 LD: 17
8 eggies

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
-86 Eggie Weggies
-26 T3 Materials

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

ID# 139496 results: Craft: 12,  Loot: 9+8=17 [Chest found] [8 Eggs found]

Eggs: 84

It was hard to argue about something for which he could give no proper frame of reference. In his last attempt to give perspective, he added, "All I'm saying is that we were supposed to have a very small group to embarrass ourselves in front of, and instead, everyone we knew showed up. If we're comparing it to a V-Day soiree, then imagine if all of the guests had shown up just to pay attention to you." Shield raised not one, but both of his eyebrows for emphasis. "It was not what I had bargained for to say the very least."

Shield looked with envy at the haul that Mari proceeded to pull out of the water. That is until he went to pull his own line back in and found that he had snagged on something. "Oh dear..." He pulled again and felt the telltale drag against the lake floor that told him he had hooked a chest. "Looks like we have another winner." He forewent the process of reeling it in and instead decided to put the burden on his legs, using his rod as a handle and walking backwards to drag the chest with him all the way up onto the shore. "I'm actually pretty surprised we haven't found more of these..."

Edited by Shield

"Ahh...yeh...." Mari trailed off. "I'd...hate to have that kinda attention on me. I'd prefer something small and quiet rather than some big ass extravaganza. Hell..." Mari glanced down to her line. "Give me a warm cup of tea with the person I love - that'd be ideal for me. I Don't need fancy trinkets or anything of the sort..." Mari blinked as she quickly glanced back at Shield. "N-not to dismiss a gathering liek that of course, to each their own. Course it sounds like you would've preferred something similar."

Mari felt like Shield knew way too much about her, more than she was comfortable with to say the least; so she tried to pry for a little more information on him. "So - who is the lucky person to snag Mr- slapped -in-the-face with a gummy fish?"

As Shield reeled in his catch Mari did the same; although the difference was vast. "Ah, a chest!" She said as she pointed at the sodden wet heap in his lap. "Is that lucky or not in this situation?" Mari shuffled closer to get a chance to see what was inside. "Normally yeh...you'd think we'd have more of these- they're good for materials right?"

Speaking of....

"I'm thinking I should really get back into crafting...maybe some decent items for the upcoming boss raid - I've been avoiding it for a long time. But with these extra materials, I could help in another way..." Mari said thoughtfully. It'd be nice to help in other ways - rather than just being another DoT/DPS fighter.   "Sometimes..." Mari began as she wound the fishing line around another lure - "I wonder if I went the right direction with my Dot... I wonder if it'd be worth it to respec my entire build to help out more. I feel...kinda useless being one of the only dagger users."

@Shield

ROLL:139514 CD: 7 LD: 5
2 eggs 2 materials

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
-88 Eggie Weggies
-28 T3 Materials

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

ID# 139518 results: Loot: 1+7=8

[1-3] = A <<Mimic>>
[4-7] = 1200 Col, 2 materials, 2 uncommon consumables
[8-11] = 1800 Col, 3 materials, 2 rare consumables
[12-15] = 2400 Col, 5 materials, rare weapon, 2 rare consumables
[16-20] = 3600 Col, 8 materials, perfect armor/shield, 2 rare consumables
[21-23] = 4800 Col, 10 materials, 2 perfect weapon, perfect consumable
[24-25] = 6000 Col, 12 materials, perfect weapon, perfect armor/shield, 2 perfect consumables

Eggs: 84
Col: 6,600
Materials: 31
Rare Consumables [
139518a] [139518b]

"That is a difficult question to answer," Shield said, kneeling down to apply yet another golden key to the lock. "Are you asking who my marriage of convenience was to, or are you asking about the person by whom I am 'taken,' as I mentioned earlier after that heavy-handed attempt to hit on me?" Shield wore a smirk as he checked the contents display for the chest and immediately frowned.

"Junk," he said, tapping the button to empty the chest into his inventory and extending a rather rude finger to the shards of the container as it burst like a slain mob. "Well, most of the time, it's good for me. As a tank/merchant who's more or less gotten his gear as far as it can go, getting unidentified loot is the closest thing I get to a rush anymore from grinding. But when it's..." his nose crumpled in disgust. "Rare quality consumables... the odds of it being even worth identifying is laughable. I just sell it off as quick and cheap as I can manage." He turned back to the lake and wound up, launching his line as far as he could and watching it plop down into the water.

Edited by Shield

Well, that was disappointing. It didn't look like the chest contained all that much. Mari must have been lucky, most the chests, if not all that she had opened had a large haul of Col, materials and items. This one had...well... Mari shook her head and gave Shield a small few pats on his back. "There, there. Maybe next time."

Her own quick dip into the lake with her rod was about as successful as his chest; with a pittance of eggs being pulled forth. It seemed that luck was not on their side today.  "You said you were a merchant yeh - is it a hard business? I only know of the one and whilst she seems to do well -she doesn't get much foot traffic."

"Both." Mari said. Trying to hide her surprise at the fact that he had some sort of marriage of convenience. She had heard of such things before; two people marrying each other purely for the benefits of fighting together - and the shared inventory. "I wanna hear about this person who has taken your heart and swept you away like the strong currents of a mountain river." Mari said dramatically as she sighed in a purposefully wistful manner - and the one who has captured you in a binding law of forbidden love.

@Shield

ROLL:139519 CD: 4 LD: 5
2 Eggies

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
-90 Eggie Weggies
-28 T3 Materials

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

ID# 139520 results: Craft: 11 [4 Materials found] Loot: 10+8=18 [8 Eggs found]

Eggs: 92
Col: 6,600
Materials: 35
Rare Consumables [
139518a] [139518b]

"Well, I suppose we'll go in chronological order," he said, trying to find the best way to sum up two very long stories. "First, there was Beat. He and I knew each other from another game in which we were leaders of rival guilds." He threw his line, reeling it in absentmindedly and repeating the process as he recounted the past. "We were polar opposites in builds, me full defense, him a glass cannon. The Unstoppable Force and the Immovable Object, they called us. Eventually, we maxed out our skill trees and ended up in constant stalemates, so when SAO came out, we decided we'd settle our rivalry in a new world." His hook came back empty once again, and he tossed it back. "And we all know what happened day one. Beat and I did not get along, but we respected each other as competent gamers, so we knew we were safe bets for traveling companionship. In the end, one of the things we were missing were the bonuses of marriage items, so..." He threw up his hands in a shrug, as if to say, 'who wouldn't do the same?'

His pole left his hands and he fumbled for it in midair, barely able to keep it from being wrenched free again. "Sunnuva-" His bole bent forward, bending from one side to the other as yet another powerful fish battled with him. He wound in slack, little by little, until finally he had landed his quarry, breathing out a heavy sigh of relief. "Fishing can be a rough gig."

Edited by Shield

Just as Shield had finished junking the items from his chest; and the two were resolute in their doubt that any more would fish up Mari's rod bent right down, and almost fell from her hands. She scrambled to try and pull it up. A merciless game of tug of war - Mari was thrown to her stomach and dragged along the ground, her hands, then arms dipping into the water as she was being dragged under. Luckily she found footing, an anchor in the form of a protruding rock she was able to hook her feet then legs around as she hauled up her loot.

"PHew..." Mari pulled herself up off the ground, covered in dirt - hair a mess, but Mari was never one to care about those things. "Well, what where you sayin' about us not getting many of these?" Mari asked with a light slap on the chest.

She leaned on the chest; watching him struggle with a large catch as he told his tale of him and beat. "don't you mean POLE-ar opposites." Mari said with an amused grin as she gestured to his fishing pole. "To be honest, the way you were talkin' I just assumed you hooked two people. I ain't one to judge a relationship like that. So, what about the other?"

@Shield

ROLL:139527 CD: 12   LD: 16
8 eggies TREASURE CHEST

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
-98 Eggie Weggies
-28 T3 Materials

Edited by Mari