[PP-F21-E3] <<Natures Treasure>> Fishy tales

"Ahh but wouldn't teleportation crystals drop us smack bang in the middle of a town?" Mari hummed in thought, "Mmm If only we could teleport to our houses...that'd be much easier, Oikawa has a house on the 21st floor so I'd be able to hitch a ride with him up that high. Saves the walking. Although...at least its good exercise."

Mari grinned at him. "I have a teleportation crystal already; I can buy one if I need, thanks for the offer. I really appreciate it but we should be okay."  She had to do a double take when he said he had 70 eggs. "Wait... you have...what? All together or just now? Because damn...I've only hit about 30 of them, I have a long, long way to go if I wanna get EVERYTHING from those stange NPCs." Mari said with a grin as she pulled up a few eggs of her own.

"See!" She gestured to her line. "Two! Only two!"

@Macradon

ID: 140180  CD:3  LD:2
2 Eggies

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
32 Eggies
12 x T3 Material
2,100 Col
1 x T3 Rare Weapon [139998]
2 x Rare Consumable [13998],[13998-1]

Edited by Mari

He shook his head “I think teleportation crystal would be able to get someone to any settlement, safe zone or not, so it could be a worthwhile shot if investigated upon.” he said “If you say so, I’ll gladly walk with you guys up the floors, so no problemo there.” he replied with a smile and continued his small fishing endeavor. He looked over at Mari, a bit confused by her question “Uhhh … just now. I have about 122 in total right now …” he said and looked over at her and nodded “I still haven’t thought of what I wanted from those guys .. guess I’ll spend some time fishing and thinking … I hope I can get this multitasking nailed.” he said and paused “But to be honest, I’ve never been good at multitasking, sometimes I struggle to stand up and breathe at the same time.” he said deadpan but quickly turned to a snicker. Pulling up his line, Macradon added yet another bunch of eggs to his collection.

@Mari

ID: 140281
CD: 4 -> Eggs Found
LD: 15+5+3=23 -> 8 Eggs Found!

Macradon's Loot
13 T3 Materials
78 Chocolate Eggs

"I still wish they teleported us to our house or shop - even if I had to pay the extra." Mari said as she threw her line back out. "I'd have my shop halfway up, so I at least have some sort of waypoint. And I'd exploit my dear sweet friends and teleport to their homes with them if I needed." She said with a cheeky grin. The conversation shifted to how many eggs they had grabbed thus far. Her grin disappaered and was replaced with one of disdain as she remembered her pittance of a colletion.

"I'ma shove all these damn eggs into those boys grubby hands so i can nab those stamps and maps." She muttered with determination, in the same vein she pulled up a neat half dozen eggs. "Hah. This'll show them!" 

"Well..." Mari said as she pulled up another half dozen eggs. "At least I got a decent amount of Col and Materials." She gave Macradon a small and sheepish grin. "I've been trying to craft more stuff for the frontlines. I figure...I may even move my shop from the 10th floor, any good ideas as to where?"

@Macradon

ID:140285  CD: 7  LD:14
6 eggs 2 materials

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
38 Eggies
14 x T3 Material
2,100 Col

Edited by Mari

He nodded “That would make them much more convenient, but maybe it was just a design choice, making fast traveling less as accessible and convenient so people would be stuck looking at the scenery everywhere.” he commented. But when the discussion about their amounts of eggs got up, Mari got less eager to talk and was a bit more depressed about the issue, like she wasn’t doing that great at all. 

He noticed Mari saying something, speaking for herself, not high enough for him to properly get what was going on, but he was sure that it didn’t seem like any nice things she thought about this ordeal with all these eggs. Listening to what she asked him, Macradon would ponder “I don’t think floor position really does anything, I don’t think it matters, as long as your shop is accessible, that’s probably enough for it to be appreciated.” he replied while pulling up literally nothing from the water.

@Mari

ID: 140311
CD: 1 _> Nothing Found

Macradon's Loot
13 T3 Materials
78 Chocolate Eggs

"Maybe." Mari said to him. "But I guess there's very little I can do about it, I shouldn't complain - I am marked as an orange player..." She paused as she threw her rod into the water an watched. "With...good reason." Mari shrugged.  "I just think it'd be great to be able to teleport to your shop or house, nice halfway point right there!" She said with a big grin. It'd be so much easier to be able to do that, it'd be nice...but Mari had to face facts, she'd be stuck trekking up and down the floors till she was able to remove her orange Crystal, and Mari wasn't sure she should ever really remove it. It wouldn't be fair to others. "OOff.." Mari said with a frown as she pulled up nothing more than two eggs. "Well, that's a poor haul. OH well. I'm gettin' there...at least I got what, half of what you have?" Mari said with a laugh.

ID:140434  CD: 10  LD:1
3 Materials 2 eggies

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
40 Eggies
17 x T3 Material
2,100 Col

Edited by Mari

He nodded “What a quality of life change that would make, it would be so nice and convenient for us to teleport everywhere.” he said, but that was wishful thinking, Kayaba probably didn’t want this world to be that joyful after all. He nodded once again “It’ll be nice when we’re all done with this stupid charade of egg hunting, but since it seems to be a limited time event, I guess we just have to grind our asses off until the event is over.” he said with a chuckle and shrugged his shoulders. While Mari reeled up a good amount of chocolate eggs, Macradon got half a dozen. “Damn, looks like you’re picking up the pace over there!” he commented with a smile, was it finally a competition between them? He would cast out his line again and hope for the best, he already had a good amount of chocolate eggs now, but he could always use more.

@Mari

ID: 140451 
CD: 3 -> Eggs Found!
LD: 3+5+3=11 -> 6 Eggs!

Macradon's Loot
13 T3 Materials
84 Chocolate Eggs

"I don't mind the egg hunting actually..." Mari said as she cast out her line again. "It's...given me time to sorta relax a bit more. We're always fighting when we hang out - so its nice to just...take a moment and talk casually like this. Although..." Mari grimaced as she reeled her line in, pulling up another group of eggs. "I feel like I'd be very happy if I never saw another pastel coloured egg again in my life...this is..this is nuts..." She turned to him, a wry grin spreading across her face.

"Hey, so these are meant to be actual chocolate - I don't care for sweets but, dare you to try one." Mari picked her eggs off her fishing line. "Sadly, these are locked to our characters, otherwise I'd give you one of mine, but you're so far ahead right? So how about it? Ya gonna eat mushy wet chocolate eggs?"

He wouldn't...

Right?

Right?

@Macradon

ID:141173 CD: 3 LD: 7
4 eggs

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
44 Eggies
17 x T3 Material
2,100 Col

Edited by Mari

He shrugged while nodding “I get that, it’s a very relaxing way of getting through the day, I don’t really mind it that much, I just … feel like I should be moving more, but that might just be because I’m used to farming monsters instead of taking it casual and slow like this.” he replied and thought about how this journey was … so comfortable. He looked over at Mari and it seemed like she had a stupid idea in mind which Macradon was eager to listen to.

“Uhm …” he said and took out one of his chocolate eggs and gave it a gander “It’s a good question, you never really know much about these event drops …” he said and analyzed the chocolate egg from every angle he could. “It’s a tempting thought … but for science …” he said and took a deep breath. He paused for a few second but eventually went in for a quick snappy bit, trying to get a good chunk of it.

As his teeth sunk into the outside of the eggsterior of the shell, Macradon's teeth would be stopped by a membrane, hard and study, but still crumbling under his jaws, like tinfoil. Retrieving the egg from within his bite, Macradon would peel off the thin layer of tin to reveal the chocolatey treat inside ... which was hollow "What the heck." he said as he looked at the shell thick chocolate egg "This is a scam, why not just solid eggs? Why did they have to be hollow chocolate eggs!" he said and lifted the egg above his head ready to smash it into the ground, but instead of doing that, he slowly brought it down to a reasonable height and began picking at the chocolate flakes he nicked off the shell like chocolate. "It's not bad, not as soggy as one could expect, perhaps the foil sealed it in?" he said while munching on some rather sweet chocolate "Want some, if you can?" he said and reached out the crumbling egg to Mari.

@Mari

ID: 141174
CD: 4 -> Eggs Found!
LD: 5+5+3=13 -> 6 Eggs!

-1 egg eaten

Macradon's Loot
13 T3 Materials
89 Chocolate Eggs

"Sometimes our minds get so used to the constant movement and rush of things like that. So we feel guilty or wrong for taking those breaks, but I think we all need them. Especially now. We can't go into the boss fight all stressed out and jittery, right?" Mari said as she cast out her line. She thought the whole egg eating thing was over. There was no real way that Macradon would actually eat one.

Her head snapped to Macradon when he cried out for science. "Wait! What are you-" Her eyes widened as his jaws opened wide and he bit into the egg.
He actually did it, he actually bit that damn egg. Mari tried to hold in her laughter when she saw his face. She knew the feeling of teeth on tinfoil...and it was not a pleasant experience. "Hahaha Mac!...you just ate an egg you fished out of a dirty river and your only gripe is that it's hollow!?" Mari was still luaghing as she turned her head to her own rod - reeling in her own eggs. "Naw..." Mari said as she pulled up her less than ideal bundle of eggs from the water. "Luck just isn't with me today, is it?"

Macradon offered her the crumbling, dripping, and soggy chocolate treat. Asking if she wanted some. "Mmm...I think - I think I'm good thanks. I don't really eat that much chocolate." She said as she gently pushed his hand to his chest. "It's all yours, you enjoy it."

@Macradon

ID:14152  CD: 5 LD: 6
1 material 4 eggs

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
48 Eggies
18 x T3 Material
2,100 Col

Edited by Mari

It was true, doing too much of one thing repeatedly puts one into a mental cycle that feels weird to break, like something evolutionary was good for having a repeated cycle feel like the correct way of living. At what point in time would that have been the case, or was that just the case through all human history? Macradon shook off those philosophical questions and focused on the egg in front of him.

He was furious, of course the only thing wrong about this was the amount of chocolate the egg yielded, all other variables like the cleanliness of the water, the circumstance of that the egg was found in said water, and that it was covered in tin foil, it had no value to him, only the chocolate yield “Of course that’s my only gripe! Why would I care about dirty water or whatever the egg had been in, I wanted a chocolate egg, not a chocolate shell!” he exclaimed now mad at the amount of chocolate he could eat.

He shrugged his shoulders and gobbled down the last few shards, which wasn’t that much, of chocolate down his throat like a turkey drowning in the rain. Casting out his fishing line and reeling it in, Macradon was just as unlucky as Mari had said, not that lucky.

@Mari

ID: 141488 
CD: 2 -> Whiff

Macradon's Loot
13 T3 Materials
89 Chocolate Eggs

Mari always enjoyed Macradon's company, he had this...air about him, a lighthearted one that always lifted her spirits. Without realizing it he had dragged her back up from lingering despair more times than she could count. He was so indignant, so outraged  by the fact that the egg was hollow, all Mari could do was shake her head and laugh as she cast out her line.  "How about this? After the event I'll find you a giant ass chocolate egg, as big as your head." Mari started. "And I'll make sure its solid chocolate, You'll break your teeth biting into it. Like the sound of that?"

Mari cast out her line and wriggled, her butt feeling a little sore from sitting down so long. "I'll even make it all swirly - some milk, dark, and white all marbled together." Mari wasn't sure if it'd appeal to him, she was just adding to the conversation. She reeled in her line to detach four eggs from the end of her hook. "Or I guess you could break into those three  boys shop, their storeroom and eat all the eggs they've accumulated for yourself. If that's possible that is."

@Macradon

ID:141827  CD: 3 LD: 10
4 eggies

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
52 Eggies
18 x T3 Material
2,100 Col

Edited by Mari

He quickly shifted his face up towards Mari at the mention of not just a solid chocolate egg, a solid chocolate egg at the size of his head “Sold!” he exclaimed “That’s exactly just what I want, all that I need! Broken teeth” he said with confidence in his voice, truly a treasure to behold when it were to be presented.

Listening to Mari describing the egg, Macradon could not but just think of eating it like a predator eating an unsuspecting prey’s egg, or even just a chicken eating its own egg because cannibalism is in in the animal kingdom. “A heist for their hollow chocolate eggs?” he said as he contemplated the idea.

“Don’t say that … now I’m considering it …” he said and cast out his line to reel in a good clutch of eggs again. It was dangerous for the two to be together, their ideas were chaotic as chaos could be … mindless as idiot could be.

@Mari

ID: 141938 
LD: 8+5+3=16 -> 8 Eggs

Macradon's Loot
13 T3 Materials
97 Chocolate Eggs

Mari made a mental note to ensure she did just that - get Macradon an egg, a solid milk chocolate egg. It was the least she could do for him, they've been through hell and high waters together. And if it weren't for him, she wouldn't be anywhere near as social as she was today. "Sure Mac, as your faithful friend I'll be sure to make sure you have all the broken teeth!"

"Pfft...ahahahaha." Mari laughed at Macradon, pausing in her fishing attempts for the time being. "Oh gosh...Mac!" She cried out. "P-please don't actually do that. You don't have to agree to every stupid thing that comes out of my mouth. It was a joke! A Joke!" She reiterated. "You'll be running from the law if you actually try to steal their hoarde of eggs. And what's the luck that you'd get a bunch of I unno, white chocolate ones?"

Mari fiddled with her line. "Hmm, I'm wondering if we should take a break soon, we've been going at it pretty hard, haven't we?"

@Macradon

ID:142136  CD:2 
Sad

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
52 Eggies
18 x T3 Material
2,100 Col

Edited by Mari

He nodded with a broad smile “True friends I can depend upon are sure to break my teeth at least once, gotta be.” he said and cast out his line into the waters again “I enjoy your company, more than I’ve enjoyed many others, if anything you’re at least one if not the best friend that I have, I relate to you on different ways than I do with the others, it’s this kind of kinship that really drives me to help you as much as I can.” he said and reeled in the line.

Macradon nearly dry heaved as Mari mentioned the chocolate that should not be named “N-not the white! I hate the white!” he said and shuddered in the thoughts “I don’t think I want to eat anymore of these eggs …” he said and reeled up half a dozen “If any of them were white … it’s Russian roulette, but worse, I gotta live through that experience.” he said and chortled. As he stashed his eggs away he nodded at Mari “Yeah, we should probably take a break soon … I’m getting a good egg stash as well.” he said and finished his tally.

@Mari

ID: 142172
CD: 9 -> Eggs Found, 3 T3 Materials!
LD: 6+5+3=14 -> 6 Eggs

Macradon's Loot
13 T3 Materials
103 Chocolate Eggs

"Pfft. I'd say what would you do without me, but I'd say not break your teeth." Mari said with a laugh as she cast out her line again. The sinker fell into the river with  a loud 'plop' the sound was kinda satisfying. Macradon started to talk about their friendship and Mari fell quiet. Her eyes on the river before them. "You...really think that?" Mari asked as she tightened her grip on the rod. "I...you know I feel the same, right?" She asked as she turned to him. "You mean a lot to me. I do feel like I act more childish around you, but I feel like - that's sorta what I need. My life is nothing but angst and sh*t lately. Its nice to be able to joke around with someone. Knowing they'll sit and listen if you I them to." Mari said.

She quickly turned her attention back to the river as she managed to fish up another six eggs. She put them away. "You know, I don't mind white hot chocolate- or using it to bake with, but eating it? Eargh, too sweet. Heck I even think a lot of milk chocolate is too sweet. I'm a dark chocolate kinda girl."

@Macradon

ID:142338  CD:4  LD:15
6 eggies

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
58 Eggies
18 x T3 Material
2,100 Col

Edited by Mari

Glancing over at Mari, Macradon cast out his line again and nodded “Yeah, feels like I depend on you, feels like I can safely be more vulnerable around you, like a good friend.” he “I think it’s because we’re so close that we can act the way we do around each other, we feel safe … at least I do.” he said and looked back up at Mari. He reeled his line back up with a small batch of chocolate eggs again. “I think milk chocolate is a fine place for me, but not too much of it … I like to just go back and forward from milk to dark chocolate, but I love nuts in both of ‘em.” he commented, adding to the chocolate preferences. With the eggs he had gathered now, Macradon pondered if it was time to take a break so he could just cash in the different eggs for rewards.

@Mari

ID: 142359
LD: 4+5+3=12 -> 6 Eggs

Macradon's Loot
13 T3 Materials
109 Chocolate Eggs

Mari cast out her line, humming softly as she heard that satisfying plop once again. IF she had the ability to lean back, she would. "Maan...if there is ever another event like this. We need chairs." Mari said. "Nice, comfortable, portable chairs. Hell, even cushions. All this sitting on rocks...isn't exactly comfortable, is it?"

Mari started to reel in her line, quicker and quicker, the 'reeeeee' of the line whirring. She already knew she'd come up empty. So there was little reason to be hopeful. She had been here for...quite a long time now, Maybe both her and Macradon had taken all the eggs there were to take in this area?

"HMmm.." Mari mused as she scratched her chin. "I think we've fished this area dry, you havin' any luck over there?" She asked as she turned to him. "As for nuts, well - I guess if its Macadamia I'd love it. I don't like almonds, do you have any idea how BAD they are for the bees!?

@Macradon

ID:142658 CD 2
No eggs

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
58 Eggies
18 x T3 Material
2,100 Col

Edited by Mari

He chuckled at Mari’s small fit about the comfort of the area and the event as a whole “Yeah … we need something to stay put on … rocks really aren’t that iddeal for sitting on over a prolonged amount of time .. that I must admit.” he said and sighed and rolled back onto the rocky surface to relax “Fishing is also taking its toll … it’s getting boring.” he said and took a short break.

He sat back up and cast out his line and slowly reeled in the hook to see if anything was biting on, but it didn’t seem like there was anything biting. He tried to do variety in how fast and slow he did his fishing and reeling, but even with that it didn’t seem like it was making any difference “Yeah … I think we’ve emptied this body of water.” he said and stood back up “I’m not getting anything from the stream anymore.” he said and packed up his stuff.

ID: 142818
CD: 2 -> Whiff.

Mari put her rod away with a flourish. "Yeh, I think we're done here for now, if neither of us are getting anything then I think we've trawled through everything this section of the river has to offer."  She pushed herself off the ground, rubbing her butt. "Oh man, I think my lower half fell asleep." She said, her legs felt a little wobbly. Mari took a few steps on the spot as she tried to get some blood flow back into her legs. "You wouldn't think that'd be a problem here, but hey...realism and all that jazz."

Mari gave Macradon a grin, he said fishing was boring - but Mari didn't mind it at all. "Well, I might actually continue, I hear there's a really stunning waterfall a little further down - I might check it out and go for a little longer. Still, it's been really great to just relax with you like this." 

Mari gave Macradon a pat on the shoulder. "After the event I'll organize for you to eat a giant ass egg, and break all your teeth." She said with a grin. "We should do the special dungeon together too. if we do - we can pool our eggs together and it'll be cheaper."

@Macradon

He stretched his now stiff body that had just sat down over a rather long period of time just fishing, it was hard to stand firmly, it was like his legs were asleep but not actually, they were just a bit wobbly after sitting down. He would shake his limbs as he listened to Mari “rEaLiSm” he replied with a chuckle “Sometimes more real than I’d like it to.” he added and sighed.

“It’s not that I don’t enjoy it … but I guess this adrenaline junkie doesn’t get fishing this way.” he commented “And I enjoyed being with you as well.” he said with a smile and stretched his back “Mhm, let’s do that, I want to break my teeth and kill bunnies, the perfect easter.” he said with a grin and began to walk off back towards the main settlement “We’ll stay in touch!” he said as he walked away.

Thread completed
Acquired
3 SP to Mari and Macradon
2500 Col to Mari
400 Col to Macradon
18 x T3 Material to Mari
13 x T3 Materials to Macradon
58 Chocolate Eggs to Mari
109 Chocolate Eggs to Macradon

Mari's Unidentified: