[E3][SP-F16] The Swashbuckling Buccaneer

Spoiler

Oikawa: HP: 1,330/1,330 | EN : 130/130 | DMG : 19 | MIT: 49 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 | SR: +5 (3/3 EN)

ID# 140734

CD: 2 [+2 Eggs Found!]

LD: 15 [+1 Tier 3 Material Found!]

Loot:

Spoiler

Materials: 10 Tier 3

Other: +1 Unidentified Perfect Armor [140460a] | +2 Unidentified Rare Tier 3 Consumables [140460b] [140460c]

Col: 3,150

Eggs: 22

Collecting two more eggs nestled together at the base of the tree next to him, Oikawa fixed his cloak before emerging from the treeline. Dark eyes centered on him as the lady in blue met his gaze. "So you're the one who has been killing all my men huh?" The brunette knew the question was rhetorical but decided to entertain her nonetheless. "Yes and so what?" he retorted. Brandishing a smug look, he defiantly planted his spear and continued. "You took that of which does not belong to you and you have the audacity to try and kill me. You efforts are laughable to say the least." The woman began to fume. "AMIR!!! Come handle this brat so we can make haste before dawn."

"Fine," echoed a booming voice as a hulking figure emerged from the central tent. "Will you quiet down Jessamine. The boss is already in a mood today." Turning towards Oikawa the giant man grinned. "I'll take you on boy." Oikawa's eyes widened. "Boy? Tch. I'm not your boy," he muttered before letting the shadows swallow him.

"Jessamine, where did he go ?"

Edited by Oikawa
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

Oikawa: HP1,330/1,330 | EN : 117/130 | DMG : 19 | MIT: 49 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 | SR: +5 (-13 EN)

ID: 140881 BD: Auto-Hit (4+3-2+Trickster) [Dimension Stampede: 19 x 15 = 285 - 60 = 225 / 2 = 113][Trickster Activated][Bleed Activated][Paralytic Venom (Offense) Activated][Rested 1/2]

CD: 9 [Recovery Activated]

LD: 10 (5+5) [Stealth Rating]

Boatswain Amir: HP: 251/400 | DMG : 125 | MIT: 60 | EVA: 2 [PAR][BLD 1/2] (-113 HP)(-36 Bleed)

ID: 140xxx MD: x [PAR]

SD: 9 [Not Detected]

The Boatswain duo frantically looked around. Neither able to make a trace of the brunette that was before them only moments ago. From the darkness Oikawa's blade glowed. The familiar purple hue enveloping him as his passive skill activated. With an attack from the shadows, not only could he not miss, but all his status effects would trigger at once. Not only ensuring that he'd incapacitate the man for a moment but also allowing him to kill him with as little resistance as possible. Circling them, Oikawa focused on Amir since he challenged him first. With little hesitation, Oikawa erupted from the darkness. He plunged his blade into the Boatswain four times before the man could even react; ending the assault with a somersault dropkick to the head. Though his damage output was halved, the attack wore on him rather quickly as the familiar signs of bleed and paralysis took effect. "Now that I have your attention, boy. Hear these words. You lot never stood a chance to begin with."

Edited by Oikawa
Spoiler

Oikawa: HP1,330/1,330 | EN : 105/130 | DMG : 19 | MIT: 49 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 | SR: +5 (-12 EN)

ID: 140882 BD: 7 (4+3) [Dimension Stampede: 19 x 15 = 285 - 60 = 225][Rested 2/2][Vanish Activated]

CD: 9 [Recovery Activated]

Boatswain Amir: HP: 0/400 | DMG : 125 | MIT: 60 | EVA: 2 [BLD 2/2] (-225 HP)(-36 Bleed) DEAD

ID: 140xxx MD: x 

Jessamine stared in horror as her fellow Boatswain was knocked unconscious in seconds. "H-How dare you. You-u little b-brat!" she exclaimed. "Amir! Get up! Kill this boy so we can be on our way, less I have to do everything myself." The man seemingly came to, but yet again he would feel the blows from Oikawa's spear, as he activate yet another [Dimension Stampede]. The spear racked the man's frame. Four new puncture wounds appearing on his torso as he staggered back from the attack. However, the most astounding part, was that his health points had already managed to dip below zero. For only moments he reached out towards Jessamine before dissolving into polygons. "AMIRRR!!!" she yelled out. Before glancing to the brunette. Oikawa simply smirked and dissolved into the shadows once more with [Vanish]. "You're next," was all he whispered before disappearing into the dark backdrop of the campsite.

Edited by Oikawa
Spoiler

Oikawa: HP1,330/1,330 | EN : 89/130 | DMG : 19 | MIT: 49 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 | SR: +5 (-16 EN)

ID: 140883 BD: Auto-Hit (4+3-2+Trickster) [Dimension Stampede: 19 x 15 = 285 - 50 = 235 / 2 = 118][Trickster Activated][Bleed Activated][Paralytic Venom (Offense) Activated]

CD: 2 [Recovery Not Activated]

LD: 17 (12+5) [Stealth Rating]

Boatswain Jessamine: HP: 246/400 | DMG : 125 | MIT: 60 | ACC: 2 [PAR][BLD 1/2] (-118 HP)(-36 Bleed)

ID: 140xxx MD: x [PAR]

SD: 9 [Not Detected]

Much like before, Oikawa had managed to vanish into thin air. The crisp tendrils of night keeping him hidden from the remaining Boatswain's searching eyes. Unfortunately for her, Mob's weren't known for having [Night Vision] and given his build, he was way more equipped to attack from the shadows than she was to deal with it. Oikawa now began to understand Hikoru's fascination with a stealth build. The auto-hit status trigger was very useful though he could imagine how much more damage he could have dealt if he had gone the assassin route of the mod. Stepping from the shadows once more, he managed to impale Jessamine from behind. Several stabs riddled her spine, rendering her immobile as the statuses began to take effect. "Y-you're a coward," she spat as the paralysis consumed the rest of her ability to talk. The bleed status slowing ticking away her health with little regard to her defenses. Not that they were good to begin with. The dark man only shrugged before raising his glowing blade once more. "And you're the one that's dead/ Imagine that."

Edited by Oikawa
Spoiler

Oikawa: HP1,330/1,330 | EN : 77/130 | DMG : 19 | MIT: 49 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 | SR: +5 (-12 EN)

ID: 140890 BD: 6 (3+3) [Imperial Southern Cross: 19 x 14 = 266 - 50 = 216]

CD: 8 [Recovery Activated]

Boatswain Jessamine: HP: 0/400 | DMG : 125 | MIT: 60 | ACC: 2 [BLD 2/2] (-216 HP)(-36 Bleed) DEAD

ID: 140xxx MD: x 

Oikawa meant no true ill will to these pirates, however what they had done to that poor sailor could not go unpunished. Thought it was just a quest and nothing to get worked up about, Oikawa felt that this could be the start of adding to his purpose. His redemption. He needed to take small steps in showing Aincrad here is more than the man that slayed his best friend. He is more than a killer. The irony of it being, he had to kill things in the process. Luckily, they were engineered by Cardinal and not more human beings. Jessamine eyes widened as he approached. She knew what was to come next and only chose to accept her fate as Oikawa thrust his spear into her depleting the rest of her health. As she burst into polygons Oikawa motioned for King to come out. "Scour the site for more eggs. We can collect whatever they have before taking on the Captain. my health is fine, but I don't want to accidentally over-exert my energy if I don't have too." Nodding the cub set off to look for more eggs. "I may even have to fish for some on the way back if time permits," he thought.

Edited by Oikawa
Spoiler

ID: 141135 | CD: 8 [+3 Eggs Found!] | LD: 7 [+0 Tier 3 Material Found!]

Materials: 10 Tier 3

Other: +1 Unidentified Perfect Armor [140460a] | +2 Unidentified Rare Tier 3 Consumables [140460b] [140460c]

Eggs: 25

Pawing the ground, King began sniffing the middle of the campgrounds. Several dozen barrels and chests lay about. Though most of them were filled with useless items like clothes and weapons that he knew Oikawa couldn't use. Doing some searching of his own, Oikawa peered into several tents. Observing them one by one for any evidence of eggs or other worthwhile loot. Not finding much, the brunette nearly tripped over a cloth bag laying at the end of the tent. Picking it up, he loosened the drawstrings holding it together and peered inside. Much to his surprise, he emptied the contents to find three eggs sitting among the random clothes the bag held. Collecting them, he searched the area over for King. The cub had to be close by, but couldn't see him in his direct line of sight. "Hopefully he didn't go too far," he thought. Just as he was about to peek into the next tent, he kicked an ore laying around as well. "Hmm, materials too? This quest is bountiful."

Edited by Oikawa
Spoiler

ID: 141142 | CD: 7 [+3 Eggs Found!] | LD: 13 [+0 Tier 3 Material Found!]

Eggs: 28

Oikawa hefted the eggs and continued his search. Parading the next tent, he realized that it may have belonged to the Boatswains as it was a lot more elegant and put together than the rest. A few oil lamps line the sides of the tent, illuminating the beds the and chests that lay inside. There even seemed to be a makeshift cabinet or dressing room. "I wonder if they were...together? Like intimately..." He wondered if the NPCs could have intimate relationships. But given how scripted the previous dialogue sounded he dismissed the thought altogether. Shaking his head, he continued to search around the room for anything of value. Not seeing much, he spotted a black chest in the back of the tent. With his interest piqued, he unlatched the chest and grinned at the sign of the perfectly intact eggs. "Either the RNG in this game is something else or even pirates were getting in on the Easter egg hunt."

Edited by Oikawa
Spoiler

ID: 141163 | CD: 12 [+4 Eggs Found!] | LD: 16 [+1 Tier 3 Material Found!]

Materials: 11 Tier 3

Col: 3,150

Eggs: 32

Spotting four more eggs in the box next to the chest, Oikawa made haste in collecting them and headed back out to check on King. Suddenly a resounding crack echoed through out the campsite. Dashing out of the tent, Oikawa spotted a hulking figure holding something white in his hands. Retrieving his spear, Oikawa's golden eyes glowed with annoyance as he realized the man was holding his familiar, King. "Stop right ere' boy," commanded the captain of the stolen ship. His vitals toggling into as Oikawa came to a halt. Planting his staff, Oikawa retorted defiantly. "You have have about three seconds to gently place my familiar on the ground and I won't kill you right away." Burlock smirked. Beady eyes scanned the brunette over before tossing the cub over his back and drawing his blade. "What're yer gonna do about it?" Oikawa's initial reaction would've been to go check on the cub, but he knew the antics were to make him do something stupid as his familiar wouldn't sustain damage from that.

Edited by Oikawa
Spoiler

Oikawa: HP1,330/1,330 | EN : 128/130 | DMG : 19 | MIT: 49 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 | SR: +5 (-2 EN)

ID: 141165 BD: 4 (3+3-2) [Dimension Stampede: 19 x 15 = 285 - 80 = 205][Rested 1/2] [Light Momentum Activated] MISS

CD: 5 [Recovery Not Activated]

Burlock, the Quartermaster: HP: 600/600 | DMG : 165 | MIT: 80 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2

ID: 141166 BD: 4 (2+2) MISS

Rolling over, the frosted cub eyes began to glow. Oikawa nodded at king's resolve and gripped his spear tighter. "It's a shame your crew perished to me and me alone. I can only imagine your fate would be the same." Burlock merely cackled at his declaration. "It seems yere mistaken me fer someone who care's boy. I am much more than my old crew." Roaring out the captain charged at Oikawa. Instinctively, Oikawa raised his spear to defend the blow. His brute strength and speed far outclassed any of the pirates he had slain already. "Tch. You may not be your crew, but your fate will be the same nonetheless Burlock." Deflecting the blow, Oikawa backed up a few paces to put space between them. "I suppose I will actually need to try this time around." Dropping his stance lower, the brunette began to glow. "Bring it on then boy," the captain challenged.

Edited by Oikawa
Spoiler

Oikawa: HP1,114/1,330 | EN : 113/130 | DMG : 19 | MIT: 49 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 | SR: +5 (-216 HP)(+1 EN)(-16 EN)

ID: 141321 BD: 10 (7+3+2-2) [Charged Dimension Stampede: 19 + 5 = 24 x 15 = 360 - 80 = 280][Rested 2/2]

CD: 3 [Recovery Not Activated]

Burlock, the Quartermaster: HP: 320/600 | DMG : 165 | MIT: 80 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 (-280 HP)

ID: 141322 BD: 12 (10+2) CRIT! [Attack: 165 + 100 = 265 - 49 = 216]

CD: 7

With little hesitation, he did just as the captain asked. Launching forward, Oikawa propelled himself with unprecedented speed. The blur of white and red a mere flicker in the darkened backdrop. Closing the gap between them, Oikawa unleashed four charged up stabs right into Burlock's chest. Staggering the quartermaster gritted his teeth. "Is that all yer got adventurer? I'm disappointed." Grasping the brunette by his collar, Burlock bucked his head forward, crashing into Oikawa's before sending him tumbling with a ferocious front kick. Surprised more than anything, Oikawa picked himself up. "Its been a while since I've actually been struck by something that nearly took my HP out of the thousand range. I'd applaud you Burlock, but the praise would be for nothing since your death is imminent." Glancing to Burlock's vitals, Oikawa sighed. "Of course he can't be stunned or paralyzed. That would be too easy wouldn't it? Guess he'll have to die the old fashioned way."

Edited by Oikawa
Spoiler

Oikawa: HP974/1,330 | EN : 97/130 | DMG : 19 | MIT: 49 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 | SR: +5 [PSN 1/2](-116 HP)(-24 Poison)(+1 EN)(-17 EN)

ID: 141324 BD: 11 (9+3-2) [Critical Dimension Stampede: 19 + 1 = 20 x 15 = 300 - 80 = 220][Clean Activated][Flame Aura Activated] CRIT!

CD: 3 [Recovery Not Activated]

Burlock, the Quartermaster: HP: 44/600 | DMG : 165 | MIT: 80 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 [BLD 1/2](-220 HP)(-36 Bleed)(-20 Burn)

ID: 141327 BD: 8 (6+2) [Attack: 165 - 49 = 116]

CD: 11 [Black Spot Activated]

This time Burlock had made the first move. The captain lunging at the brunette with a quickness he hadn't seen from a quest boss in a long while. "Makes sense as to why we clashed at first. His moves are just as quick as my own. Which isn't good given this is only floor sixteen. I have a long ways to go before I'm viable on the frontlines again. That's for sure." His thoughts were brought to a sudden halt as the impact from Burlock's blow sent him careening back again. However, the punch it packed before was definitely missing. Wiping what should've been blood from his lip, Oikawa's spear sparked into the familiar crimson aura of [Dimension Stampede]. In an instant he was upon Burlock, his spear chunking away at his health yet again and this time leaving a parting gift both offensively and defensively as the fire and blood drop icons took effect. Stepping back, he pointed his blade at the Captain. "You will die slow. Either succumb to bleed or my flames, either way this ship is coming back with me."

Edited by Oikawa
Spoiler

Oikawa: HP950/1,330 | EN : 96/130 | DMG : 19 | MIT: 49 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 0 | SR: +5 [PSN 2/2](-24 Poison)(+1 EN)(-5 EN)(+3 EN)

ID: 141410 BD: 9 (8+3-2) [Revolve Arts: 19 x 5 = 95 - 80 = 15]

CD: 8 [Recovery Activated]

Burlock, the Quartermaster: HP: 0/600 | DMG : 165 | MIT: 80 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 [BLD 2/2](-15 HP)(-36 Bleed) DEAD

Not taking his fate seriously, Burlock rose up to attack the brunette. Not having it, Oikawa swatted away his weakened attempt at an attack and twirled his spear behind his back. It then began to glow purple. The aura crackling to life before vanishing in an instant. The blade rested just past Burlock's back, piercing his torso from the front. Polygons confetti'd signifying that the captain had been vanquished and the ship began to glow signifying the end of the quest for the most part. King scampered to Oikawa as they approached the dock to board the massive vessel. Luckily for him the ship navigated itself once they meandered to the stern. Seeing nothing better to do than wait for them to get back to the sailor, Oikawa took out his rod and tossed the line over the side. "Might as well gather some more eggs off the ever so generous fish," he mused.

Edited by Oikawa
Spoiler

ID: 141574 | CD: 4 [+0 Tier 3 Material Found!] | LD: 11 (8+3) [+6 Eggs Found!]  Void due to item equip

Eggs: 32

Re-equipping his [Gate of Babylon: +3 LD], Oikawa sat back and waited for the fish to come. His mind filled with thoughts of what to do after this quest. Remembering the old watering hole behind the cavern wall back on floor twenty-one, Oikawa rubbed his chin at the thought of maybe getting some egg farming done there. "I mean it is on my home floor and should be relatively quiet. Not to many people frequent twenty-one these days anyway. I might also be able to figure what I can do next." The memory of Zelrius' last breath replaying over again in his head. The one aspect he wished he could change about himself. His one true regret forever haunting him. "Why? Why me? Why you Zelrius? Why did you have to a be such a d*ck? Why did I have to be the one to take her wretched potion? No one deserved what happened that day. No one."

[Equips Gate of Babylon: +3 LD]

Edited by Oikawa
Spoiler

ID: 141575 | CD: 10 [+3 Tier 3 Material Found!] | LD: 17 (14+3) [+8 Eggs Found!]

Materials: 13 Tier 3

Eggs: 40

He wasn't as excited for the eggs anymore. But he still had a goal to reach. Wiping the newly formed tears from his eyes, focused on the task at hand and let his thoughts dissolve. King laid his head on the railing. The cub sighing at the brunette's wallowing. "Oh shut up," joked Oikawa. "You were only there in spirit, you can't be the one to uplift me." He was wrong of course. King was precisely the reason the brunette was even up attempting his redemption. Constantly nudging him and pushing him to get up and rejoin the light with the rest of the players. Sitting here feeling sorry for himself wouldn't bring Zelrius back. Not that anything could but preserving his memory and making peace with his mistake wasn't going to happen either if he continued to lay around in the darkness waiting for the game to be beaten. Steeling himself, he cast his line back out. The bobber almost immediately dipping under as it broke the surface. Reeling it back in quickly, he managed to haul in three more materials and a whopping eight more eggs.

Edited by Oikawa
Spoiler

ID: 141615 | CD: 9 [+3 Tier 3 Material Found!] | LD: 5 (2+3) [+2 Eggs Found!]

Materials: 16 Tier 3

Eggs: 42

Wind tussled the brown locks overhanging the brunette's amber eyes. The gentle breeze reminding him of the calm before the storm in a sense. He usually wasn't one to fall for the idea of premonitions but the feeling was usually unshakable when you had it. Sometime soon, something is going to happen that's gonna shake up whatever direction the frontlines are heading. He couldn't quite place his finger on it but he didn't like the shuddering feeling that came with thinking about it. Locating his bobber in the darkening waves, Oikawa tugged on the line to give the fish something to think about instead. King yawned out, boredom was not a pretty color on him and Oikawa wasn't sure what to do to entertain his loyal familiar. "Do you miss the old days King? The days of adventuring with Calrex, Ariel, Jomei and the like? The people that helped shaped me into what was once the 'Faint' ?" The cub only nodded. A conversation wasn't expected nor did Oikawa need it to understand the cub's feelings. "Me too", he agreed sheepishly before reeling in a rather disappointing two eggs and three materials.

Edited by Oikawa
Spoiler

ID: 141663 | CD: 7 [+2 Tier 3 Material Found!] | LD: 16 (13+3) [+8 Eggs Found!]

Materials: 18 Tier 3

Eggs: 50

Throwing the thin but strengthened thread back into splashing waves, Oikawa looked out into the distance. The dock was beginning to float into view, but it was clear they still had quite a bit of time before they would dock. "I wonder where Kiru is. Or Kotori even... It's been so long since seeing either I barely remember their faces anymore." Brief flashes of the two women filled his mind. One was his first love. A loving caring girl who didn't want to be known as just the Faint's girlfriend but rather her own person who could hold her own. Despite her intentions and effort however, that ideal was swallowed up and Oikawa began to wonder if his own light had dimmed hers. "Did she leave because of me?"  The thought did not put him at ease. Not in the least bit. Reeling in his line he accounted for another eight eggs and two more materials.

Edited by Oikawa
Spoiler

ID: 141708 | CD: 2 [+0 Tier 3 Material Found!] | LD: 14 (11+3) [+0 Eggs Found!]

Eggs: 50

"If that is the case, could that be why Kiru left too? Did I smother her too much? Did I drive her away?" His head was pounding. The self-deprecation was beginning to take hold again. His thoughts began to consume him. "I've never been good enough. Always doing too much and too little all the same. The people I care for most always suffer at my expense. And for what? What does one gain from a friendship with someone like me? What do I bring to the table aside from death and misery?" He was trembling,. His welling with tears again as he narrowly managed to keep from dropping his rod into the ocean. King eyed him worriedly. The cub had seen him like this before but the episodes were getting worse. The brunette was self destructive when left to his own thoughts and the cub barely managed to keep him sane as is. His resolve had grown, but the effects of being really began to tear at the frontliner. Nudging him, King nuzzled the youth's leg to try and remind him that he was here.

Edited by Oikawa
Spoiler

ID: 141754 | CD: 3 [+0 Tier 3 Material Found!] | LD: 8 (5+3) [+4 Eggs Found!]

Eggs: 54

Looking down through the droplets lining his lids, Oikawa managed a small grin at the cub's attempt to cheer him up. The gesture was little, but the effect was profound. "I'm sorry King. I know feeling as of late are very different from the master you agreed to follow way back then. I'm not perfect but we both know that and the fact that you've stuck by me through it all is something I should never take for granted." King purred before directing his gaze to the bobber suddenly dipping beneath the waves. Wiping the tears from his eyes, he tightened his grip on the rod before yanking the string and fish from the ocean. Collecting the eggs from it, Oikawa tossed the scaled creature back into the lapping waves before sending his line after. "Ahh, we are approaching the dock King. Let's prepare to depart." Nodding, the cub scrambled to the edge to await docking.

Edited by Oikawa
Spoiler

ID: 141760 | CD: 3 [+0 Tier 3 Material Found!] | LD: 18 (15+3) [+8 Eggs Found!]

Eggs: 62

As the boat began to reach the dock, Oikawa searched the waters for one last catch. "Come you stinking fish, I just need a few more eggs. Give them to me!" As if on cue, his line began to sporadically bounce about. Steeling himself against the railing, the brunette managed to plant his feet into the side of the ship and began trying to reel the catch in. The fish put up a valiant fight. tugging this way and that and nearly sending Oikawa overboard. However, the creature was suddenly removed from the ocean's grasp with a loud plop as it landed on the deck. Dissolving into polygons shortly after, eight eggs remained in its place. Collecting them, Oikawa quickly put away his rod as the ship was making contact with the dock. Anchoring itself, Oikawa and King departed the vessel and met with the sailor.

"You got er' back?"

"Did you expect anything less," retorted the brunette.

Edited by Oikawa

"I guess I shouldn't have," explained the sailor. Coming from the other end of the dock the uncle appeared. "You actually managed to get this nitwit's boat back. Well I'll be," exclaimed the older gentleman. Rummaging through his bag, the sailor drafted a menu for the brunette. "Congratulations Oikawa on completing my quest and ending my plight. Your work is greatly appreciated." Nodding, Oikawa accepted his thanks and the prompt before him. "I guess I'll be off then," murmured the brunette. "Try not to get your boat stolen again sailor," Oikawa stated as he began to head off back towards home. He had a little trek to get to floor twenty-one, but the idea of resting kept him going. He didn't realize it earlier but he was exhausted. "Maybe after a good night's rest, I can get some fishing done tomorrow. I need to get my egg count up anyhow I have gear to fix and an image to redeem."

Edited by Oikawa