[E3|F1|PP]Tanking<Training Your Friend>

The paladin tried her best to steel herself as the giant boar. Several other boars had surrounded her, so she needed to take her eyes off the big one. Hopefully her timing would Aki would be perfect or she might actually take some hefty damage here. As each boar approached, she continued to parry them off to the side and kick them away from her to make some space.

More freaking riddles. God they kept getting harder. She was quiet for several seconds, shaving off blows from boars with waning reactions. A few getting through and damaging her.

"I...I have no idea..." She said as she heard the next weary, caw from Aki. She turned and jammed her spear into the boars head. Whether it was intent on killing the thing, Shield couldn't tell. She pulled back and took up her defensive stance again. The boars HP meter dipped into the red from that attack, but it didn't die. "I... can't go much longer..." 

image.thumb.png.d894531035046f4de6af8979e616d3b0.png

CD: 11 success 
3/3 Trained!

Edited by Zajcica
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

Searching for Eggs - ID# 142179 results: Craft: 8 [5 Eggs found] Loot: 19+8=27 [1 Material found]

Total Loot:

Eggs: 92
Materials: 14

There came a roar that echoed across the badlands, and all of the boars snapped their eyes away from Yuki. They glared, and although they were paused, hesitating in the face of the new sound, there was still a set of heavy footfalls. Shield vaulted the mother boar, landing with a heavy thud in the center beside yuki. "Come on, you damn bacon bits! Pick on someone else!" He slapped his sword against the face of his shield, the manticore's eyes on the face of the shield flaring a bright red which stoked the boars into a frenzy. Shield lowered himself, raising his shield arm, practically vanishing behind the barrier.

The boars answered the call, charging into the center and ramming their tusks into Shield. In an instant, the air was full of the shards of slain boar, each falling to the experienced tank's thorns. Shield straightened up, taking a deep breath and turning to Yuki. "The answer was 'a coffin.'" He laid a heavy hand on Yuki's shoulder. "Come on. Call Aki, and let's get out of here." He gestured with his head back the direction they came from and started walking.

"You did good," Shield said, giving a slow nod of his shaggy head. "I will say a lot of days on the front line don't feel like that." He paused for a moment. "Some of them do. But," he went on, lowering his voice to a more even tone, "you showed you have a lot of potential. You're not where you need to be, but I'm confident you will be someday. There's no room for pride or poetry. I mean... you know what they say about pride." He raised his head and shaded his eyes, looking forward towards the horizon. "Pride goeth before the fall."

He spotted one last Easter basket along the way and picked it up, tapping the outside of it and selecting its menu option to be stored away. It disappeared and he dusted off his hands. "Aki is going to be an asset to you. So are the players you work with. You will need to be able to manage them all, especially if you're healing them and defending them. Even though you'll be saving their lives almost constantly, remember that it's your job to do so, and accept that responsibility with humility." With that, he led her back to the Town of Beginnings.

[QUEST REWARDS]

[Shield]

4 SP [2 pages, 1 Covid Bonus, 1 Quest]
400 Col
92 Eggs
14 T1 Materials

[Yuki]

4 SP [2 pages, 1 Covid Bonus, 1 Quest]
400 Col

Edited by Shield