[F1|PP]I Practiced the Blade...[Secret Medicine]

The raven-haired, soon-to-be, katana user found herself on the first floor of Aincrad. The beautiful meadows of the floor and humid temperature of summer made her sweat. She hated the hot weather of this floor. Hopefully there would be better floors that weren't so hot in the summer to live on in the future. 

She decided to try a quest on her own today. Secret Medicine of the forest. All the enemies should have an awful time hitting her since she got the armor that makes her much more evasive. It would mean she could take her time dwindling the plants down and continue her practice with a katana until she unlocked the skill. On top of that, the bonus of getting experience at the end was nice. She needed more levels if she wanted to become stronger after all. 

She approached the area where the Nepents were supposed to spawn and checked her inventory making sure that her katana was equipped as the primary weapon instead of the scimitar she was using.

@Baldur

Spoiler

General
Level: 4 | HP:  80/80 | Energy: 8/8 

Stats
DMG: 3 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 1 

Skills
R1 Curved Sword

Equipment(In use)
Murasame ε: Bleed 2, Damage 1
Deep Red Tie: Recovery 2, ACC 1
Leather Overcoat: EVA 3

Consumables
The Matriarch's Stinger: 1 DMG

Edited by Shay

Baldur watched from a hill a short ways back as a new player came to challenge the Nepents. He and Shield had spoken about trying to see what new players were going to set foot outside of the Town of Beginnings, and so Baldur decided to watch over one of the first quests players take, and the one Baldur's own mentor had found him. <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>> was that quest. He could still remember his first encounter with Lessa as she leveled the massive two handed sword at his face. The thought of a player taking a nap in such a dangerous area bewildered him at the time.

Shaking his head, Baldur sent the memories to the back of his mind as he refocused his steel blue eyes on the young black haired woman below. She seemed to have a curved blade on her hip. Could she be going for the katana? There's no other reason to take up the curved sword and not use a shield.

He thought about going down there to introduce himself, but he thought he should give her some space for a moment. If he approached her, it may be seen as threatening, and he didn't want her to become territorial over her quest hunting ground.

Maybe I'll wait and see if she needs any help with the Nepents.

He would let her start the fight, and if it looked like she was going to get overwhelmed, then he would jump in and save her.

@Shay

Baldur:

Spoiler

» Baldur, The Gaijin Samurai vWKwiqS.png

• Modified HP:
  • Modified EN:
  • Modified MIT:
  • Modified ACC:
  • Modified DMG:
  • Modified EVA:
  • Battle Heal:
  • Search:
  • Temp Buff:
  • Temp Buff:
  • Temp Buff:
  • Temp Buff:
  • Temp Buff:

» Base Stats

• Base HP: 1370
  • Base EN: 134
  • Base MIT: 79
  • Base ACC: 3 (4 and does not automatically miss on 1s with Warden's Fury)
  • Base DMG: 19 (with fighting familiar)
  • Muramasa Base DMG: 22 (No bonus from familiar)
  • Base EVA: 3
  • Battle Heal: 54 HP
  • Search: +0

» Items Equipped:

• Warden's Fury - Absolute Accuracy/2 Paralyze
  • OR Muramasa - +12 Damage
  • Montsuki haori - 54 DMG MIT/+1 EVASION
  • Emerald Teardrop - +2 ACC/+1 EVASION
  • Hammerspace Backpack (HB) +1 BR item (allows stacks up to 7)

» Battle-Ready Inventory:

• Medium Damage Potion x7 | Rare T2 Item | +2 Damage
  • Basic Teleportation Crystal x1 | Good Item | Teleports player to the Town of Beginnings
  • Max Mass HP Recovery Crystal x7 | Perfect T2 Item | +30*Target Tier (30/60/90)
  • Max T2 HP Recovery Crystal II x5 | Perfect T2 Item | +180 HP
  • Safeguard Potion x3 | Perfect Tier 1 | Safeguard
  • HB: Max Vitality Snack x2 | Rare Tier 2 | Grants +12 Energy
  • EWL: Medium Antidote Potion x1 | Rare Tier 2 | Immune to negative status effects for 2 turns
  • EWL: Muramasa or Warden's Fury
  • EWL:
  • SC:

» Skills:

• Searching | Rank 0/5 | +0 Bonus to LD, +0 to Stealth Detect
  • Battle Healing | 4 Rank | While in combat, recover 1% per rank (45HP) at the beginning of your turn
  • Charge | 5 ranks | +1 base damage per rank (+5 damage) once per opponent per combat
  • One Handed Curved Sword | Rank 1/5 | Novice
  • Katana | Rank 5/5 | Grand Master
  • Light Armor | 5 Rank | +25 Mitigation
  • Concentration | No Ranks | Gain +1 BD for a single attack | 5 Turn Cooldown
  • Familiar Mastery: Fighter |  3 Ranks | +9 base damage (Does not stack with equipment)
  • Survival | Purchased |  Increases out of combat health regen to (15xTier) 45 per post
  • Extended Weight Limit | Purchased | Increases Battle Ready Inventory by 3
  • Parry | Purchased | 3 Turn Cooldown | 5 Energy | Reduces incoming damage by 50%
  • Quick Change | Purchased | Swap Equipment as a free action | 3 Turn Cooldown
  • Fishing | Purchased | Fish for equipment and gain prestige among old men

» Mods:

• Athletics: +1 DMG +30 HP
  • Katana Precision: +1 to Accuracy
  • Katana Ferocity: +1 damage on katana sword arts
  • Sprint & Acrobatics: +1 Evasion
  • Finesse: Rank 3 | -3 Energy cost to sword arts

» Housing Bonuses:

• Rested: -1 EN on first 2 uses
  • Tasty: Turns 2 food into feast for 4
  • Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread 1/month
  • Filling: Add 1 extra tier 1 slot to food
  • Item Stash: +1 BR item slot
  • Relaxed: OOC regen 5*tier, recover EN out of combat after 2 turns in lieu of 3
  • Angler: +1 Mat when fishing

Edited by Baldur

Dammit all! She had forgotten to pick up the katana from the maker! With a heavy sigh the girl looked down at the curved weapon she carried. Looks like she'll be fighting the Nepents with that weapon. The girl drew the weapon and approached the spawn of Nepents. Ready to fight, four of them spawned in at the same time and surrounded the girl almost instantly. She showed now fear though, only looking to survey the area and find which how should approach this combat.

The weapon in her hand glowed with a menacing red, like that of crimson blood, and wounded nothing really but the air. The girl let out a despised, "tch." As she missed, even with the newly acquired buff to her weapon. The vines of the Nepent's all lashed at her at once. She was fast though, a blur of raven-coloured hair and red eyes weaving through the attacks. Until one, at least, hit her leaving a red mark upon her exposed thigh. A peak of her health bar ensured to her that she wouldn't be taking any significant damage from these things.

@Baldur

image.thumb.png.9498366d1c3682aa857769d3016a5b79.png
image.thumb.png.fbe46134b6176818ddbf23d0ac1746e0.png

Shay 76/80 -4 8/8 -2+2(Rec 2 CD: 12= +2 Energy)

Nepent 1 7/7
Nepent 2 7/7
Nepent 3 7/7
Nepent 4 7/7

Edited by Shay

As Baldur watched, the girl seemed to aggro more than her fair share of Nepents. They were a pain in the ass a lower levels, not necessarily because of the damage, but because of the energy required to kill them all. Low level players tended to not have much in the way of energy or accuracy, and that would make the fight drag on, even if it wasn't necessarily dangerous. He started down the hill, but he watched her, she seemed to move quickly through the flurry of blows, only taking a hit from one that hardly moved her health bar.

So she's not too low level, if that's all it did.

He didn't need to race to her aid quite like he had worried, but still made his way there. She took swipes at them with her curved sword, but didn't seem to land anything. Still, the stress of being so out numbered when you were still new to fighting could be overwhelming. As the samurai came down to the noirette was fighting the Nepents, the wind caught his blue and white haori, whipping it behind him and causing the white flames along the hem to seem to dance. At Baldur's hip were two katana, one black and blood red, and the other white and gold. The Samurai, who was a gaijin, also wore bits of armor the color of sunset. Not enough to be heavy and restrict his movements, but definitely enough to add decent protection.

"Konbanwa" He called out to her, "Would you like a hand with these? This quest can be a bit annoying."

He decided being respectful and asking if she wanted his help was better than just swooping in and killing them all, seeing as he hadn't been asked for help, and she wasn't in danger of dying.

The quiet woman was about to make her second attack when she was interrupted by the samurai behind her. She turned her head to meet his gaze continued her callous-looking expression. Though it seemed that gaze was unintentionally cold, and more of just a natural look for her. Her voice was quiet but firm.

"Konbanwa." Her black dress flowed slightly in the wind. "I would not be opposed to aid. Though, I don't feel as if it was necessarily warranted." She was reserved and confident. Baldur could probably feel the regal/superior air that she gave off.

With that out of the way, she continued to fight as if Baldur wasn't there. She charged in quickly, her blade brandished in red, and laid massive damage onto the first of the four nepents. It fell over lifeless and dissolved into blue polygons. The remaining of the plant monsters didn't take to kindly to her maiming of their partner and attempted to retaliate. Attempted being the keyword. She weaved and dodged through every vine that tried to lash her. Not a single scratch was left on her.

image.thumb.png.c34e333934c3bcfc5fbbd77cd79bc208.png

Shay 76/80 -4 6/8 -2

Nepent 1 0/7 ((3+2)*2)+12=-22 DEAD
Nepent 2 7/7
Nepent 3 7/7
Nepent 4 7/7

Edited by Shay

"I can see that, you have it quite well in hand. They can just be a bit obnoxious."

Baldur made a production out of slowly drawing his katana, letting her go about her battle. She move through the attacks of her enemies like a pro. It would probably take a critical hit to land on her, and she wasn't going to give them that chance. Unfortunately,s he seemed to only be able to fight them one at a time. It could just be so time consuming, and if she didn't get the right special mob spawn, then she'd have to do this all over again until she got the drop she needed. Once Baldur had the sword out he just walked forward slowly, up to the nearest Nepent, and without much skill or flare, poked it with his sword. He didn't activate a sword art, and the idea of missing didn't seem to enter into his mind.

And with the single poke, the Nepent died.

"I've done this quest in the past, and it took me quite a few rounds to defeat them all and get what I needed. Having to recharge my energy between every battle just got annoying. So rather than you needing my help, I just feel like I can help you speed things along. Though I don't want to steel your practice fighting either, or take any exp away from you."

The gaijin samurai gave her a long-suffering smile that said I know you can handle this on your own, and you look like you want to be left alone, but I'm trying to help. Though if that was communicated was unknown to Baldur.

As the Nepent shattered from his non-combat art poke, shards of glowing polygons rained down around them.

"I am Baldur, by the way. What's your name?"

ID#141966 BD: 1+4+1 =6 (hit)
*Absolute Accuracy allows Baldur to hit on a Nat 1
Basic Attack = 18 Damage Dealt

Shay 76/80 -4 6/8 -2
Baldur HP1370/1370 | EN: 129/130 | MIT: 79 | DMG: 19 | Absolute ACC: 4 | EVA: 3 | BH: 54 | Conc (0/3) | Parry (2/2) | QChange (3/3)

Nepent 1 0/7 ((3+2)*2)+12=-22 DEAD
Nepent 2 7/7 -19
Nepent 3 7/7
Nepent 4 7/7

Edited by Baldur

The raven-haired girl weaved past another onslaught of vines, cutting a few of them in half as she approached her target. The pseudo-katana in her hand donned it crimson hue again and sliced the third Nepent completely in half. As it exploded into the code of blue, she turned back to Baldur. A very short smile reached her lips.

"I apologize," The smile faded as she spoke. It looks like she was just uncomfortable doing that as Baldur was feeling about it. I have difficult time handling social situations like this. If I came off as rude or cold, it was not meant in ill will, only inexperience." The way she had recited those words sounds like she's used them often.

The remaining monster felt no need to stop its assault even with it's buddies taken down. It's vines lashed out to reach the young woman, who simply side stepped and ducked through each of them. She was even amazed with her ability to dodge. It was as if the system of SAO was guiding her body, allowing her to move like she never could in the real world.

@Baldur

image.thumb.png.da0fdf4dda0e8e918ce238f4a76a464c.png

Shay 76/80 -4 6/8 -2
Baldur HP1370/1370 | EN: 129/130 | MIT: 79 | DMG: 19 | Absolute ACC: 4 | EVA: 3 | BH: 54 | Conc (0/3) | Parry (2/2) | QChange (3/3)

Nepent 3 0/7 ((3+2)*2)+12=-22 Dead
Nepent 4 7/7

Edited by Shay

Baldur watched as the girl had it in hand. He had to remind himself, it wasn't necessarily this batch that was the problem, but when you got to the 6th one, you would be glad for company and for help. He walked almost lazily over to the next one, and hacked it in half with a single basic attack from his sword. The final Nepent shattered, and he gave the young woman a pleasant smile.

"No need for apologies, there's just certain nicitest and protocols to follow and I didn't want to make a bad first impression."

He gave her a friendly smile and then continued. "Oh and Sorry, I didn't catch your name. I'm called Baldur. Oh, and the big one should be spawning right about now too."

Baldur turned, just in time to see a larger Nepent appear with a flow bud on the top of its head.

"Hopefully this will be the one you need, and the quest will be short. If it doesn't, we'll have to aggro another group of regular Nepents before we can try again."

She was wielding a Wakizashi. She must be going for Katana then. Her styling seemed somewhat familiar too, but if anything it just meant she was closer to his style, than to the largely western-centric appearance of most of the other players.

"Are you working on unlocking the katana?"

@Shay

ID#142167 BD: 3+4=(hit)
Basic Attack = 18 Damage Dealt

Shay 76/80 -4 6/8 -2
Baldur | HP1370/1370 | EN: 129/130 | MIT: 79 | DMG: 19 | Absolute ACC: 4 | EVA: 3 | BH: 54 | Conc (1/3) | Parry (2/2) | QChange (3/3)

Nepent 4 7/7 -18 Damage

Edited by Baldur

Shay watched the next Nepent spawn and decided to leave it be for a moment and let her stamina recharge in case she would need to take a few shots at it. She sheathed her weapon and returned another shy smile to Baldur.

"You got some power behind your attacks. You didn't even use a sword art, rather impressive. You must be a pretty high level then." She said eyeing him up and down like she was trying to get an estimate for his exact level.

"Is it that obvious?" She asked knowing that it was. Anyone using a one handed weapon would easily turn to filling their empty hand with a shield. That was unless you were using a curved sword without one. "Yeah, the katana is the weapon I wish to master. I took a couple kendo lessons as a kid so I was guessing that it would be the most useful weapon for me."

She went quiet momentarily, to wait the reciprocating response from Baldur, before remembering he asked her a question. "Oh, my username is Shay."

Edited by Shay

The subtle sounds of combat bled through the floors of floor 1 amidst a journey to procure just a few more textiles to continue her progress in steady steps forward. Setsuna could not help but check the source, her vision from the treeline in the area surrounding the fray with a show of promise between a female who seemed to be exerting quite the level of skill. A male to her side to which at first the words came back muffled but as Setsuna pressed in closer it turned to clarity.

"Are you working on unlocking the katana?"

Her blues eyes shift to the blade being carted around by the girl, and to a familiar sight a curved sword not unlike the one she had used prior to her own gain of the very same weapon skill in question. From her concealment she listens intently for an answer, recalling the blade she had received from the guild smith that had not suited her and had yet to find an honest owner.

"Yeah, the katana is the weapon I wish to master."

Ears peaked up to the fact, removing the weapon from her inventory and glancing down the sheathed blade with an echoing promise skittering through her mind as an affirmation for what she must do.

"Aid those you can, even if you know not their name."

A course of action became instantly clear, a quick check of the monikers above both their heads showed green so she felt no danger. Walking free from the brush with a draw of the blade produces an almost silvered edge that punches sunlight through its surroundings in a reflection of steel. "Then I suppose this will be of some use." she spoke with a cool and withdrawn tone, the sheath in her off-hand with it being almost dragged to her side. Appearing sinisterly she flourishes the point before dropping it back to its sheath before transposing the weapon around in a presentation of the handle to the unknown in an offering to aid her journey.

Shay looked at the blade that was being offered to her. The raven haired woman looked to the girl with confusion wondering why she would give away a weapon they were carrying. She still took it in her hand and realized that it was a perfect weapon.

"You're just going to give me-?" She looked up to see the blue haired woman running off in the distance. Her crimson eyes turned back to Baldur and gave him a shrug. With that all said and done, she switched out the wakizashi for the much longer katana gave it a few swings to get used to the weapons weight. It also suited her taste aesthetically.

"Well, that was kind of odd, but the whole point of doing this quest was to learn how to use a Katana, do that's much more helpful than she could have known. Alright. You ready to fight the boss then? It shouldn't be too difficult, but my damage is a bit weaker since I don't have any points int Katana yet."

@Baldur

Spoiler

Shay switched from Curved Sword to Katana

When Baldur heard the rustling in the brush of someone attempting to sneak up on them, he whirled about, ready to draw his sword once more, but instead stopped himself mid draw, a foot of the brilliant steel reflecting sunlight when he saw it was another player, and this one also not being particularly high level. She carried a katana, and seemed to offer it up to Shay without any form of introduction or explanation. And before he could process what was going on, she was gone again.

"The katana is the weapon I wish to master." Baldur said, and then looked around the glenn to see if another small girl would show up to deliver him a sword.

"I guess it only words for you." He gave a slight chuckle and seemed to visibly relax after a moment.

He glanced around, and he could spot the top of the Nepent varient coming to find them.

"Alright, here it comes. I don't have a way to not one shot the creature, but I think it's better for the drop for  you to be the last hit. Loan me that wakizashi you're not using anymore."

Baldur held out his hand for her other sword. Now that she was using the katana, if he used her blade, he might be able to help without stealing the last hit she needed for her drop.

Edited by Baldur

The crimson eyed assassin handed her old blade over to the gaijin and looked over at the higher level Nepent that had spawned and started making it's way over to them. Her expression hardened while she was getting her body back into the groove of the fight. A firm two hands on her weapon gripped the blade tightly. It weighed slightly more, but enough to throw her off. The length was much better, which was most of the reason for the change in feeling.

With a final nod to Baldur, she took her step forward and worked her way into a run, dodging vine attacks from different angles with every few steps. The nimbleness she felt was all the system guiding her, though she wished she could brag about it all being pure skill. She tried to activate a sword art, but none would work. Katana was not the same skill as Curved sword, so it made sense. Though, that threw her off and her blade came up just too short of hitting her target. She side stepped out of the Nepent's range and waited for Baldur to make his move.

image.thumb.png.017434b7e64beecac1cfc44750f7780e.png

Shay 76/80 -4 | 8/8 -1+2
Baldur | HP1370/1370 | EN: 129/130 | MIT: 79 | DMG: 19 | Absolute ACC: 4 | EVA: 3 | BH: 54 | Conc (1/3) | Parry (2/2) | QChange (3/3)

Nepent V.: 15/15 | MIT 5 | DMG: 10

Edited by Shay

Baldur hefted Shay's sword in his hand as if testing its balance for a moment before he looked up and saw her engage in the fight.

"Alright, here we go!"

Baldur rushed into the fight after Shay, dodging through the flurry of vine whips and root snaring attacks, and then almost tripped over his own feet. What even are the one hand curved sword attacks anyways? He took a moment, but the monster seemed focused on Shay. Baldur stretched with his memory to try and remember any of them. But there was one manuver that was similar to katana, so moved into the pre-motion and activated <<Rage Blow>> one of the first and most basic sword arts. He zipped through the air the rest of the way and landed a double hit blow on the Nepent, and managed to activate the bleed effect of Shay's attack, as well as drawing aggro on the mob.

"I got it, not finish it off if you can!"

And then the Nepent Varient shattered into thousands of little glowing shards of light that seemed to defy gravity for a moment before they disappeared.

"Oops, sorry. I meant to let you get the finishing blow. Looks like we'll have to start over. I'll be more careful next time." Baldur said with a hesitant laugh and putting one hand on the back of his head to show his chagrin.

ID# BD: 8+3=11 (hit)
Rage Blow: 1 (base) + 9 (familiar) +1 (Rank) = 11 DMG x2 = 22 DMG -5 MIT = 17 DMG Dealt + Bleed
ID#142836 LD: 5 (no quest item found)

Shay 76/80 -4 | 8/8 -1+2
Baldur | HP1370/1370 | EN: 128/130 | MIT: 79 | DMG: 11 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3 | BH: 54 | Conc (1/3) | Parry (2/2) | QChange (3/3) | Bleed 2 | -2 EN, +1 EN

Nepent V.: 0/15 | MIT 5 | DMG: 10  17 DMG dealt

Edited by Baldur

Shay watched as the disgusting Nepent exploded back into data. Blue polygons littered the area around where it died. Shay was disappointed that she wasn't able to get the killing blow on it, but it didn't matter who got the kill as long as they got the item drop. Unfortunately, it was made to be difficult to get so it would take another try. Another group of Nepent's spawned and Shay got right back into the fight, electing to ignore Baldur's comments about messing up.

Her blade flashed like blood again, she charged through swinging vines to slam her blade into the Nepent body. She stood on top of the being until it disappeared into polygons from the bleed and softly landed back in the grass on her feet. She turned her head over to Baldur to check one what he was doing.

"Then was just continue to kill them until they give me what I want." She said plainly as she planned her next attack.

image.thumb.png.accf3ab4ac692aa618fd984cfdb00535.png

Shay 76/80 6/8
Baldur HP1370/1370 | EN: 129/130 | MIT: 79 | DMG: 19 | Absolute ACC: 4 | EVA: 3 | BH: 54 | Conc (0/3) | Parry (2/2) | QChange (3/3)

Nepent 1 0/7 1+12=-13 DEAD
Nepent 2 7/7
Nepent 3 7/7
Nepent 4 7/7

Edited by Shay

Baldur smiled as Shay one-shot another Nepent, but he would provide for her now the help that he had promised. He took shay's sword, and stabbed it into the ground, crouching as he did so with his hand on <<Warden's Fury>>. For a moment, energy hummed in the air and the sword crackled with energy. At just the moment when the Nepents had grown just close enough, Baldur launched into the air, spinning gracefully as he activated the sword art <<Tsumuji Garuma>>, the white light of his sword art erupted from the saya as Baldur drew the sword, cut once in a continuous arc that pierced all three remaining Nepents, and was surrounded by a shower of light as they all fell.

Or so Baldur thought. As the lights resolved around him, he saw one was left standing.

"Tsk." He would have to change his trinket out. He hated missing.

"I left one for you." Baldur said with a grin that spoke volumes. He was enjoying himself. This was not a fight to the death for either of them, and the loss of that stress freed him from a burden.

ID#143846 BD 1 vs Nepent 2 (miss) MD: 1 (miss)
ID#143847 BD 5 vs Nepent 3 - 19 Damage 
ID#143848 BD 6 vs Nepent 4 - 19 Damage

Shay 76/80 6/8
Baldur HP1370/1370 | EN: 129/130 | MIT: 79 | DMG: 19 | Absolute ACC: 4 | EVA: 3 | BH: 54 | Conc (0/3) | Parry (2/2) | QChange (3/3) -1 EN, +1 EN

Nepent 1 0/7 1+12=-13 DEAD
Nepent 2 7/7
Nepent 3 7/7
Nepent 4 7/7

Edited by Baldur

The Nepents collapsed in front of her before exploding into the blue polygons once more, except for one. It was barely missed by Baldur's fury. No matter, Shay had a weapon to kill as well, so if she kept getting lucky and letting the bleed do it's work. They would be done here soon. 

The rave-haired woman grabbed hold of her Katana's hilt and rushed the next Nepent, decisively swinging the blade in it's path. Her luck seemed to be running dry now though, seeing as how she missed this attack pretty much entirely. The Nepent retaliated, swinging its long vines at Shay who was just too agile to hit. Her evasion armor was really paying off here. They system seemed to force a player with evasion to just move out of the way. It felt natural, but also like she was being guided.

"Let's finish this last one and move on then."

image.thumb.png.635924ed3245449a448f5a4c516480a4.png

Shay 76/80 5/8
Baldur HP1370/1370 | EN: 128/130 | MIT: 79 | DMG: 19 | Absolute ACC: 4 | EVA: 3 | BH: 54 | Conc (0/3) | Parry (2/2) | QChange (3/3)

Nepent 2 7/7

Edited by Shay

Baldur looked at the surprising Nepent with a bit of annoyance. He was enjoying this fight, but he didn't like missing. His steel blue eyes narrowed at the sight of the Nepent and the cursor appeared above it, indicating it as the target of his next sword art. With a flash, Baldur's sword flickered, leaving an X of white light hovering in the air for a moment, before it shattered into pieces as well.

"Well, at least that's done. Still, let me land the first hit on the Nepent boss so that I can not get the killing blow, then I'll support you while you finish it off. If you do any damage to it I fear I might kill it."

Glancing around, he looked at her health bar. It was just barely not full. She was doing fine. Perhaps if she ran out of energy fighting the boss Nepent she might have an issue, but at this point, they were in no danger what-so-ever... other than for a grind.

"You ready for our second attempt?"

ID#143856 BD: 10 (crit) (19 base +2 crit = 21x2 Han Ei = 42 damage

Shay 76/80 5/8
Baldur HP1370/1370 | EN: 128/130 | MIT: 79 | DMG: 19 | Absolute ACC: 4 | EVA: 3 | BH: 54 | Conc (2/3) | Parry (2/2) | QChange (1/3) -1 EN, +1 EN

Nepent 2 7/7

Edited by Baldur

Shay sheathed her weapon for now and nodded at the katana user. She stood back and waited for the boss to spawn again, letting Baldur take the lead and get the first shot on it. The she would swoop in and steal the kill credit, but that's what she needed so that she could get the drop. She would kill them as many times as she needed to get the stupid item, but hopefully it wouldn't take too long. She wanted to finish the beginner's quests before she hit level fifteen so she could still get the experience from it.

This was already getting kind of boring to be honest. When she got stronger, she would just destroy everything that got in her way. That is, after all what a damage build was supposed to do. She'll prove to herself that she can do something useful for the people of Aincrad.

@Baldur

Baldur waited with baited breath for the Nepent Varient to spawn, and when it did, he was quick on the move. He rushed forward, leaping high into the air and over it to avoid the lashing vine whips of arms, and landed behind it, thrusting behind himself with the sword and stabbing it. He felt the rumble response of a critical hit as he withdrew his sword and tumbled away. Once out of range of the vines, Baldur turned back to look at it, it's health bar going down... down... down...

And then stopped, with so little left, that Baldur couldn't tell it had HP left, other than the fact that it didn't shatter into pieces.

Perfect.

"I totally meant to do that." Baldur said, pointing at the Nepent with his sword as it turned to face him, preparing to attack the gaijin Samurai.

"Finish it off! You got this!"

ID#144055 BD: 9 (Crit)
18 (Base) +1 (Crit) = 19 RAW - 5 MIT = 14 DMG Dealt

Shay 76/80 6/8
Baldur HP1370/1370 | EN: 128/130 | MIT: 79 | DMG: 19 | Absolute ACC: 4 | EVA: 3 | BH: 54 | Conc (2/3) | Parry (2/2) | QChange (1/3) -1 EN, +1 EN

Nepent V.: 1/15 | MIT 5 | DMG: 10

Edited by Baldur