[E3] [F22 - PP] <<Witch of the West>> Shield & Mari

Spoiler

Searching for Chest - ID# 142657 results: Loot: 12+8=20 [Chest found]

Eggs: 6
Materials: 2

"Well, how about this then?" Shield said, already too far into merchant mode to be dissuaded. "I will offer you twenty five tier three materials for the first potion and ten more for each one after if we continue to grind through these little missions. It's worth at least that much value to me, and if you want a little more, I'd be happy to accommodate you." He was just beginning to compile a transfer transaction when his earring blazed to life, throwing incandescence along the trail like a light bulb. Shield glanced around, eager to find the source of such a potent response from his loot finding trinket.

Off to the right of the trail a good twenty paces was a particularly thick and overgrown tree, its roots bulging up out of the ground and reaching out in all directions. There at its base was a large wooden treasure chest, completely overtaken by the vast root system. Shield rushed over, summoning one of his old axes from his inventory and hacking away at the tangle of woody tentacles, severing them one at a time with a few swift chops.

Edited by Shield

"Well, you drive a hard bargain there Shield." Mari said in a joking tone as she went to open her HUD, ready for the incoming trade. She really would have given it to him for free -despite everything Mari saw him as a friend. Or at least, he was fast becoming one to her. "I still have a bit of a backlog of materials for now, so I won't be greedy. In the future though I may need to renegotiate." Mari added.  It was then, that Shield's earring flashed brightly. He immediately veered to the right. Distracted.

Mari hid a smile beneath her scarf as she bought it up to cover her lower face. Seeing a fully grown and gruff man like that become so easily distracted was...she wasn't sure how to put it, a mix of humorous and endearing.  Mari followed him at a leisurely pace as he pulled out his axe, hacking away at the vines.

"Ooh, lucky find." She said as she knelt down beside him. "Although, with you- I'm sure its not so much luck, but skill."

@Shield

Spoiler

Opening Chest - ID# 142659 results: Loot: 4+7=11 [Activating Multipurpose Housing Bonus] 11+1=12

[12-15] = 2200 Col, 5 T3 materials, rare weapon, 2 rare consumables

Transferring 25 T3 Materials to Mari

Eggs: 6
Materials: 7
Rare Weapons: [142659a]
Rare Consumables: [142659b] [142659c]

"I don't know," Shield said. "I am a firm believer that luck favors the well prepared, and I am always prepared to find loot." Shield knelt down and held out one of his Golden Keys. The item was consumed, and the chest popped open, like clockwork. The display for the chest's contents was summoned into view, and as Shield read through it, he sighed. "Well, at least there is gear inside this time. I don't know if there was a patch released recently, but finding worthwhile loot has become increasingly difficult while searching chests."

He collected the items and returned to his transfer window, sending Mari the agreed upon materials. "And I believe that's a deal settled. Let's head back and recollect ourselves. Say, this time tomorrow to repeat the quest?" He made his way back through the dark part of the forest, watching as the trees became more pleasant to look upon and more inviting. "Not an awful little outing."

[QUEST REWARDS]

[Shield]

2 SP [1 Page, 1 Covid Bonus]
6 Eggs
2,400 Col
7 T3 Materials
Rare T3 Weapons

[142659a]
Rare T3 Consumables
[142659b] [142659c]
2 +1 CD Consumables [Mari traded hers through RP above]

[Mari]