f7da7691f1b0771778d9076154a45421.png

Rewards:

Each participant receives:

• 3 Additional SP
  • (+1) CD Consumable

Objectives:

• Must defeat 4 Flying Monkeys
  • Must defeat 1 Elite Flying Monkey per player
  • Must defeat The Witch (unless every participant has already defeated The Witch previously)

Summary:
Deep past the Forest of Memories stands The Castle of the Witch. Rumors have spread around the town about a woman was seen walking around the floor's peaceful meadows and lake's edges, collecting ingredients for her sinister experiments. A few players that have had the misfortune of encountering the woman claim to have heard her spout threats of a terrible curse that she plans to unleash upon the otherwise peaceful floor of Aincrad. On more than one occasion, the main settlement of Coral has seen the shadow of winged beasts raiding their storerooms in the dead of night and stealing supplies and fleeing without a trace before any of the villagers could manage to catch them in the act. The two have said to be connected, and lately the villagers have started asking players if they might be able to find the witch in her castle and put a stop to whatever foul experiments she's running.

Trekking past the edge of the forest, you first see nothing out of the ordinary, but then you hear it. The sounds of wings flapping, and suddenly monkeys surround you. This quest is almost starting to sound like a childhood fairy tale you might have heard of. The monkeys stand in the way of the darkened brick of the castle that awaits you, the sinister glow of black fire flickering from torches affixed to the wall.

Those who have already felled the wicked witch once before will no longer find her brewing potions in the solitude of her castle, but after defeating the winged monkeys that still loyally defend it players will find that the vials they could have sworn were empty before have been mysteriously refilled.

Monster Stats:

K-wCbrin33wxyZGc2Fx3NnLxei9V5os70JzIPTBk

• <<Flying Monkey>>
    • 150 HP
    • 70 DMG (35 minimum)
    • 20 MIT

• <<Elite Flying Monkey>>
    • 220 HP
    • 90 DMG (45 minimum)
    • 35 MIT

93a193dac7a696bda186457ae2b45a12.png

• <<The Witch>>
    • 700 HP 
    • 100 DMG (minimum 50)
    • 70 MIT
  • Potion of Fireball:  On a natural MD 9 she throws a vial of swirling flames at the player's feet, engulfing them in fire. Deals 120 AoE damage, and applies burn to the target(s) dealing 24 burn damage per turn for 2 turns.
  • Poisoned Dagger: On a natural MD 10 she lands a critical hit on the player that has dealt the most damage to her. That player is paralyzed for one turn and poisoned, taking 16 damage per turn for 3 turns.
  • Unnatural Swiftness: At 200 HP and below, she drinks a potion to grant her +1 evasion for the rest of the fight.

Requirements:

• At least one [1] Page (20 or more posts)

Event

Spoiler

Chocolate Eggs may be found via looting slain mobs on a LD9+
CD1-3: 2 Eggs
CD4-6: 3 Eggs
CD7-9: 5 Eggs
CD10-12: 6 Eggs

Chocolate Eggs may be found via gathering on a LD6+
CD1-3: 1 Egg
CD4-6: 2 Eggs
CD7-9: 3 Eggs
CD11-12: 4 Eggs

If gathering with Full Energy (LD6+ still required):
CD1-3: 2 Eggs
CD4-6: 3 Eggs
CD7-9: 5 Eggs
CD10-12: 6 Eggs

Chocolate Eggs may be found via fishing on a CD3+
LD1-5: 2 Eggs
LD6-10: 4 Eggs
LD11-15: 6 Eggs
LD16-20: 8 Eggs
Chocolate Eggs are a bonus drop and will be obtained in addition to any other items.

Shield

Spoiler

» Shield, The Immovable Object

• Modified HP:
  • Modified EN:
  • Modified MIT:
  • Modified ACC:
  • Modified DMG:
  • Modified EVA:
  • Battle Heal:
  • Search:
  • Modified THN: +30
  • Temp Buff:
  • Temp Buff:

» Base Stats

• Base HP: 1770
  • Base EN: 168
  • Base MIT: 169
  • Base ACC: 0
  • Base DMG: 2
  • Base EVA: -1
  • Battle Heal: 85 HP
  • Search: +5

» Items Equipped:

• Manticore Mask - T3 Perfect Shield - Flame Aura I / Taunt / Mitigation I
  • Stinging Nettle - T3 Perfect Heavy Armor - Envenom (Defensive) I / Thorns II
  • Blessed Greaves - T3 Demonic Heavy Armor - Mitigation II / Holy Blessing II
  • Wedding Ring [+18 Mitigation]
  • Hammerspace Backpack (HB) +1 BR item (allows stacks up to 7)

» Battle-Ready Inventory:

• Golden  Keys x7 | Unique Item | +2 Search on Chests
  • Golden  Keys x3 | Unique Item | +2 Search on Chests
  • Basic Teleportation Crystal x4 | Good Item | Teleports player to the Town of Beginnings
  • Safeguard Potion x3 | Perfect Tier 1 | Safeguard

» Skills:

• Searching | 5 Ranks | +5 Bonus to LD, +0 to Stealth Detect
  • Battle Healing | 5 Ranks | While in combat, recover 1% per rank (85HP) at the beginning of your turn
  • First Aid | 5 Ranks | +4% HP per rank (+20% HP) on Post Action
  • Picking | Purchased | +3 LD when opening chests
  • Heavy Armor | 5 Rank | +35 Mitigation
  • Energize | Purchased |  Restore 8 EN to target
  • Block | 5 Ranks | +25 Mitigation
  • Howl | Purchased | +2 Hate against each opponent (up to 4)
  • Fighting Spirit | Purchased | +1 Hate when using Howl or Focused Howl
  • Parry | Purchased 3 Turn Cooldown | 5 Energy | Reduces incoming damage by 50%
  • Fishing | Purchased | Fish for equipment and gain prestige among old men

» Extra Skills:

• Concentration | No Ranks | Gain +1 BD for a single attack | 5 Turn Cooldown
  • Familiar Mastery: Healer |  3 Ranks | +135 HP (Does not require post action)
  • Martial Arts | 1 Rank | +1 Base Damage per slot with Unarmed Weapons
  • Meditation | Purchased | Recover an additional 15 EN on Post Action | 3 Turn Cooldown
  • Survival | Purchased |  Increases out of combat health regen to (15xTier) 45 per post

» Mods:

• Athletics: +1 DMG +30 HP
  • Focused Howl: +4 Hate against single target on Post Action
  • Dismantling: +2 LD when opening chests
  • Stone Wall: +Gain 10 MIT and 45 HP from heavy armor. Reduces DOT by 25%. -1 to Evasion.
  • Justified RiposteA successful Parry also stuns the target for 1 turn. | 3 Turn Cool Down
  • Vengeful RiposteA successful Parry returns 50% of DMG back to your opponent - mitigatable. | 3 Turn Cool Down

Using Consumable: Immolation Potion +2

Shield had once spent ungodly amounts of time grinding crafting consumables on the twenty second floor. It was most definitely a part of his success as a merchant. Some enhancements were just harder to spot than others on unidentified gear, and any boost he could get was well worth the effort. As he strolled through the familiar forest, fog began to roll out between the bare roots and trunks of the twisted trees. He waded through it, the wisps cover him up to his waist. As he walked, he uncorked a potion, watching as the spines of his armor took on a thin but intense red glowing aura. It had been a very long time since he was fully buffed up to deal his maximum defensive damage. It felt good.

Off in the distance, he heard the faint hooting and screeching of flying monkeys. It was not his fight. They had a nasty habit of missing his thorns altogether, either with precision or conversely with wild, inaccurate swings that missed him altogether. Unstrapping the Manticore Mask from his back, he trudged onward through the trees and the mist, preparing himself for a long grind through irritating,m taunting enemies. "God, I wish it was easier to find other players who need these crafting items..."

@Mari

Edited by Shield

Mari was a little surprised to see the message from Shield, surprised - but not upset. Sure he gained immense enjoyment  from watching her squirm - but Shield was quickly becoming a close acquaintance to Mari. He was someone she felt she could confide in, someone who understood part of where she had come from, most of all - he was a father. He could relate to her in a way not many were able to.

So when he had asked her to 'quickly run through some quests' she accepted. This lead her up to the 22nd floor, a surprisingly short walk from the 21st. 

"Hey Shield~" Mari said with a small wave as they approached the foot of the hill in which the Witch of the West resided. "I hear you want to quickly farm a few quest items." She gave him a rather lavish bow. "Well, you're welcome. I'll join you." She rose again and opened up her HUD. "I gotta just grab a potion real quick." She picked up one of the damage potions she crafted and doused her blade with it. "I still think I should respec into something a little stronger. Any weapon ideas?" She jested. "Ah - I also have a few other items if you want to bump up your accuracy or evasion for the fight?"

@Shield

+2 Damage -139973 used
Super Sight and Speed Shoyu Ramen: +2 ACC, +1 EVA -consumed

Spoiler

General
Level: 62 | HP: 1270  |Energy: 124

STATS

DAM: 14+2 | EVA 3+1  | MIT 43 | ACC 4+2 | 

SKILLS
Rank 5 Weapon (+5 DMG)
-Weapon Mod: Precision (+1 ACC)
Rank 5 Charge (+5 Damage -1 ACC)
Charge Mod BULL RUSH: Successful charge stuns target 1 turn
Rank 5 Light Armor (+25 MIT)
SURVIVAL
Rank 5 Battle Healing (5% of total health rounded down start of each turn)
Familiar Mastery Expert - +1 (*Tier) Damage - +9 Damage

EQUIPPED
Name: 
Kusanagi | Item Type: Dagger | Tier 2
Enhancements: 
Bleed 2 | Burn 2
'Bleed Damage of 24 for 2 turns on a roll of 8-10'
'Burn Damage' of 24 for 2 turns on a roll of 8-10 - Unmitigated

Name: Beacon Necklace | Item Type: Pendant | Tier 2
Enhancements
  +3 ACC 

Name: 
Infernal Shadow | Item Type: Light Armour | Tier 3
Enhancements: 
 +2 Eva | +1 Flame Aura
'Effect: Prevent (6 per slot * Tier) damage per slot from successful attacks against you. Successful non-critical attacks against you deal (5 per slot * Tier) unmitigated burn damage to the attacking enemy.

Passive: [N/A]

Action: Howl vs Flying Monkeys [-7 EN - Housing Bonus - EN Cost Reduction 2/3 remaining]

Shield [H:4/4/4/4] - HP: 1770/1770 | EN: 161/168 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 0 | LD: 5 | BH: 85 | HB: 48 | THN: 99 | ENV: 18/4
Mari    [H:0/0/0/0] - 

<<Flying Monkey 1>> HP: 150/150 | DMG 70 (35 min) | MIT: 20

Shield took her jests and snorted. "If you're going AoE and do anything but two-handed axes, or if you're going single target and don't do two-handed spears, you're wrong," he retorted, taking her jest at face value and spinning it right back at her. "I don't attack when I fight. You'll see," he answered, scanning the skies. He stopped in his tracks, looking up into the black that peeked out between the naked branches overhead. Softly, the sound of flapping began to emerge over the calls of the monkeys. "Here they come."

He raised his shield, taking in a lung full of air. As he did so, the eyes of the Manticore Mask, its gleaming face raised to defend the stalwart tank, flashed red in the darkness. As a troop of four monkeys swooped out of the sky, dodging between limbs, Shield waited. They were ten feet. Five feet. And then, he unleashed the power of his lungs. "WAKE UP, YOU PALTRY PRIMATES! YOU'RE DEALING WITH THE TOUGHEST STONE WALL IN AINCRAD AND THE BEST OLD-SCHOOL DPS! YOU'RE OUTCLASSED BY A MILE!" The force of his air sent the monkeys into a blind panic, the four figures swooping aimlessly about, buffeted by the wind from the howling tank.

Edited by Shield

"I guess...now is a bad time to mention I can't do any AoE, like, at all? Guess I am doing it wrong, quite wrong." Mari said to Shield with a sheepish grin. She really...really should look at changing up her weapon of choice - but her dagger was a strong demonic with two Unique enhancements and she wasn't quite ready to let that go, maybe once she did the dungeon drops from the Easter event- she may reconsider it.

Despite her lack of AoE - Mari had charged forward- activating two skills at once, her charge skill, and her <<Eternal Cyclone>> Sword Art - using a nearby rock as a springboard Mari lept into the air and threw herself onto one of the flying Monkeys, tearing into it over and over again with her dagger till it shattered as it landed on the ground beneath her. Mari stood and wiped her brow. "Phew. One down." She was surprised at how quickly it had  gone down. Usually, she had more trouble with these sort of things.

@Shield

Spoiler

ID: 141845 BD:  5-1+7=HIT    Action: Charged Eternal Cyclone  16+5=21x13= 273 - 20= 253

Shield [H:4/4/4/4] - HP: 1665/1770 | EN: 160/168 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 0 | LD: 5 | BH: 85 | HB: 48 | THN: 99 | ENV: 18/4
Mari    [H:0/0/0/0] - HP 
1270/1270  | EN: 113/124 | DMG: 16 | MIT: 43 | EVA:4 | ACC: 7  | BH: 63 | BRN: 15 | BLEED: 24

<<Flying Monkey 1>> HP:0/150 | DMG 70 (35 min) | MIT: 20
<<Flying Monkey 2>> HP: 150/150 | DMG 70 (35 min) | MIT: 20
<<Flying Monkey 3>> HP: 150/150 | DMG 70 (35 min) | MIT: 20
<<Flying Monkey 4>> HP: 51/150 | DMG 70 (35 min) | MIT: 20 -99 THORNS

Flying Monkey 2  ID:141846 MOB:10 CRIT

Flying Monkey 3 ID: 141847  MOB:10 CRIT
Flying Monkey 4 ID: 141848  MOB: 7

Edited by Mari

Passive: [+1 EN] Battle Healing [+85 HP] Holy Blessing [+48 HP]

Action: Parry - Vengeful Riposte [-4 EN - Housing Bonus - EN Cost Reduction 1/3 remaining]

Shield [H:4/4/4/4] - HP: 1770/1770 | EN: 159/168 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 0 | LD: 5 | BH: 85 | HB: 48 | THN: 99 | ENV: 18/4
Mari    [H:0/0/0/0] - HP 
1270/1270  | EN: 113/124 | DMG: 16 | MIT: 43 | EVA:4 | ACC: 7  | BH: 63 | BRN: 15 | BLEED: 24

<<Flying Monkey 2>> HP: 150/150 | DMG 70 (35 min) | MIT: 20 [ENV - 18 dmg 4/4 remaining]
<<Flying Monkey 3>> HP: 150/150 | DMG 70 (35 min) | MIT: 20 [ENV - 18 dmg 4/4 remaining]
<<Flying Monkey 4>> HP: 51/150 | DMG 70 (35 min) | MIT: 20

"You want to start keeping track of our kills?" Shield joked, giving her a little smirk as he sat back on his heels. He drew out his sword, normally a useless relic of the traditions of 'sword and board' tanking to him, but with the use of his Parry skill, now somewhat useful again. "You leave that weak one to my thorns. If you can one-shot them, then focus on the ones at full health, and I'll handle any clean-up as needed!"

Shield was not sad to see the flying monstrosities drop. They were a nuisance, to say the leas.t, and his time farming this quest was beginning to mount. Granted, soling it meant he for sure would not have to face the witch, but it was still tiresome thorns-farming such loud an obnoxious enemies. Those that remained were angry and confused, watching as Shield's health regenerated immediately, while their comrade who had successfully struck him was more than half-way dead. "It is satisfying watching how confused they get," he mused aloud, managing the slightest of satisfied smirks despite the headache from all of the noise.

Edited by Shield

Mari rolled her eyes at Shields comment, "Oh please. Not everything has to be a competition." She chided with a lop sided grin. "Sides, I don't think I should trust any more competitions from you - what would the looser get this time hmm?" 

Mari flipped her dagger, holding it in a reverse grip. "Be a dear Shield, and add another to my kill count, hmm?" She asked as she dashed off, activating both her charge skill and her <<Eternal Cyclone>> Sword Art. Mari ducked under the Monkey as it tried ot dive into Shield - she grabbed its tail and pulled it backward- pivoting on her heel to strike it over and over till it exploded in her hands. Mari gave Shield a satisfied grin. Small fry like these? Easy. 

The fourth monkey tried to attack Shield, but exploded on his thorny armour. Mari covered her mouth as she held in a fit of laughter. That...was amusing to see. "Suppose we should add one to your tally too, hmm?"

@Shield

ID: 142137  BD: 2 +7-1= 8 HIT

Charged Eternal Cyclone > Flying Monkey 2 
16+5=21x13= 273 - 20= 253

Shield [H:4/4/4/4] - HP: 1770/1770 | EN: 159/168 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 0 | LD: 5 | BH: 85 | HB: 48 | THN: 99 | ENV: 18/4
1270/1270  | EN: 102/124 | DMG: 16 | MIT: 43 | EVA:4 | ACC: 7  | BH: 63 | BRN: 15 | BLEED: 24

<<Flying Monkey 2>> HP: 0/150 | DMG 70 (35 min) | MIT: 20
<<Flying Monkey 3>> HP: 132/150 | DMG 70 (35 min) | MIT: 20 [ENV - 18 dmg 3/4 remaining]
<<Flying Monkey 4>> HP0/150 | DMG 70 (35 min) | MIT: 20

Flying Monkey 3  ID: 142138 MOB: 3 MISS
Flying Monkey 4  ID:  142139  MOB: 8 HIT

Edited by Mari

Passive: [+1 EN] Battle Healing [+85 HP] Holy Blessing [+48 HP] Cool Downs [Parry - 0/1] [Justified Riposte - 2/3]

Action: Energize > Mari [Shield: -9 EN - Housing Bonus - EN Cost Reduction 0/3 remaining, Mari: +8 EN]

Shield [H:4/4/4/4] - HP: 1770/1770 | EN: 151/168 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 0 | LD: 5 | BH: 85 | HB: 48 | THN: 99 | ENV: 18/4
1270/1270  | EN: 112/124 | DMG: 16 | MIT: 43 | EVA:4 | ACC: 7  | BH: 63 | BRN: 15 | BLEED: 24

<<Flying Monkey 3>> HP: 132/150 | DMG 70 (35 min) | MIT: 20 [ENV - 18 dmg 3/4 remaining]

Shield gave Mari an offended look. "What's this? I thought not everything was a competition! Seems like some people only like keeping score when they're in the lead, hmmmm?" He returned his blade to a neutral stance, his Parry skill wasted on the monkey that was practically dead anyways. "I suppose I'll be charitable and do my job as support, despite you being so insufferably self-serving. Typical DPS." He gave Mari a smirk, extending his palm which began to gather pale blue light. A ball of energy took shape in his palm, and with a flick of the forearm, he sent it to Mari, refilling a good chunk of her missing energy bar.

"Finish these scrubs up, and from there, all we have left are a few elite monkeys and the witch herself!" he crowed, relieved to be making quicker work of them than when he relied on his thorns alone. "I often just charge the witch and take her on with the elites before they have a chance to come find us. You down with that?" The Manticore Mask gazed out menacingly from Shield's off hand. The remaining monkey kept shooting the taunting face on his shield death glares, screeching with anger at the death of his troop mates.

Mari batted her eyelashes at Shield. "Aww, what's this? you're willingly admitting that lil' ol' Mari is in the lead?" Mari asked. "Alas, my heart is taken by another." She said as she stepped forward two feet, offering him a fake swoon as she passed. Instead of falling Mari turned, and flipped her dagger - once again charging - and activating her <<Eternal Cyclone>> Sword Art.

The chattering monkey had no hope - she had practically tackled it to the ground and it disintegrated beneath her. "That's 3-1 tank." Mari said as she pushed herself up off the ground, dusting herself off. "So, I take it you do this quest often?" Mari asked Shield. It sounded like he had. "You wanted to farm it a few times, right? Exactly how many times is a few times?"  Part of her wished she had a different weapon, if she had a strong AoE she'd be able to wipe them out twice as quickly, but she kept that tidbit to herself. For now, she was enjoying her time with Shield.

"You're the seasoned warrior - I'll take your lead." Mari said with a grin.

@Shield

ID: 142166 BD: 10 HIT
Charged Eternal Cyclone > Flying Monkey 2 
16+5=21x13= 273 - 20= 253

Shield [H:4/4/4/4] - HP: 1770/1770 | EN: 151/168 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 0 | LD: 5 | BH: 85 | HB: 48 | THN: 99 | ENV: 18/4
1270/1270  | EN: 93/124 | DMG: 16 | MIT: 43 | EVA:4 | ACC: 7  | BH: 63 | BRN: 15 | BLEED: 24

<<Flying Monkey 3>> HP: 0/150 | DMG 70 (35 min) | MIT: 20

Edited by Mari

Passive: [+1 EN] Battle Healing [+85 HP] Holy Blessing [+48 HP] Cool Downs [Parry - 0/1] [Justified Riposte - 2/3]

Action: Howls vs. Witch / Elite Flying Monkeys [-10 EN]

Shield [H:4/4/4] - HP: 1770/1770 | EN: 151/168 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 0 | LD: 5 | BH: 85 | HB: 48 | THN: 99 | ENV: 18/4
Mari    [H:0/0/0] - HP 
1270/1270  | EN: 93/124 | DMG: 16 | MIT: 43 | EVA:4 | ACC: 7  | BH: 63 | BRN: 15 | BLEED: 24

<<Elite Flying Monkey 1>> HP: 220/220 HP | DMG: 90 [45 min] | MIT: 35
<<Elite Flying Monkey 2>> HP: 220/220 HP | DMG: 90 [45 min] | MIT: 35

<<The Witch>> HP700/700 | DMG: 100 [50 min] | MIT: 70

Spoiler
  • Potion of Fireball:  MD 9 [120 AoE + Burn 24/2 turns]
  • Poisoned Dagger: MD 10 [Targets player that has dealt the most damage to her. PAR 1 Turn, PSN 16/3 turns]
  • Unnatural Swiftness: 201 > HP [+1 evasion for the rest of the fight]

Shield gave a nod, disregarding the teasing. "A lot,"  he answered to the first question.

"A lot," he answered to the second question.

With that, he took a skip step and broke into a sprint, carrying his heavy armor as though it was made of tissue paper. He was on the war path, rushing off to the next encounter, dodging around trees, shouldering into the door to the tower and splintering it, and then rushing up the steps. At the top of the long, spiraling staircase, Shield ducked his head and threw his shoulder into the trap door, forcing it up off its hinges. Planting one hand on the floor, he hoisted himself through and pulled himself up onto his feet.

Though winded, he quickly filled his lungs and bellowed, "I'M BACK, B*TCHES!"

The witch stood at her cauldron, stirring menacingly, and cackling, "I'll get you, my pretties! And your-" She froze as she took a proper look at Shield. "Oh, not you again!"

Mari snorted when he simply replied with 'a lot'.  "I'm impressed." She said. "Not many have the sheer will to do things over and over like that - I Like to think I'm pretty determined but even I would get sick of doing quests like that, especially alone." She glanced down at her dagger. "Especially with my dagger." Now however, was not the time to be complaining about her build choice. "IF you ever want someone to run it through with again, let me know." Mari said as they made their way into the castle, then into the next room.

Shield used howl, in a rather interesting way; It seemed the witch also recognized him. Mari didn't have time for jokes or quips right now. Instead she activated her charge skill, and her <<Eternal Cyclone>> There was only two Elite Monkeys, Mari would knock them out whilst Shield distracted them. The thorns wold take care of the rest.

She ducked under the first Monkey and much like before she turned on her foot and grabbed its tail, she pulled on it as she attacked its back. It burst into crystalized shards in the air. One down. One to go.  The Monkey swooped down and attacked Shield - then the Witch quickly followed.

"I'm SO SICK OF SEEING YOUR FACE!" She cried out toward Shield as she pulled out her dagger - and swiped him. Mari noted the two status ailments that popped up over Shield.

"Err - should I do something about that, or just go kill that last monkey?"

@Shield

Spoiler

ID: 142241   BD: 3 + 7= 10-1  HIT
Charged Eternal Cyclone > Elite Flying Monkey 1
16+5=21x13= 273 - 35= 238

Shield [H:4/4/4] - HP: 1675/1770 | EN: 151/168 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 0 | LD: 5 | BH: 85 | HB: 48 | THN: 99 | ENV: 18/4  POISONED -16 3/3

Mari    [H:0/0/0] - HP 1270/1270  | EN: 83/124 | DMG: 16 | MIT: 43 | EVA:4 | ACC: 7  | BH: 63 | BRN: 15 | BLEED: 24

<<Elite Flying Monkey 1>> HP 0/220 HP | DMG: 90 [45 min] | MIT: 35
<<Elite Flying Monkey 2>> HP: 220/220 HP | DMG: 90 [45 min] | MIT: 35  

<<The Witch>> HP: 700/700 | DMG: 100 [50 min] | MIT: 70

Elite Monkey 2 ID:142242  MOB: 9 HIT
Witch:  ID 142243   MOB 10  HIT

Edited by Mari

Passive: [+1 EN] Battle Healing [+85 HP] Holy Blessing [+48 HP] Cool Downs [Justified Riposte - 1/3]

Action: Paralyzed! - [0/1 turns]

Shield [H:4/4/4] - HP: 1754/1770 | EN: 152/168 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 0 | LD: 5 | BH: 85 | HB: 48 | THN: 99 | ENV: 18/4  [PSN -16 dmg 2/3 remaning]
Mari    [H:0/0/0] - HP 1270/1270  | EN: 83/124 | DMG: 16 | MIT: 43 | EVA:4 | ACC: 7  | BH: 63 | BRN: 15 | BLEED: 24

<<Elite Flying Monkey 1>> HP 0/220 HP | DMG: 90 [45 min] | MIT: 35
<<Elite Flying Monkey 2>> HP: 220/220 HP | DMG: 90 [45 min] | MIT: 35 - [ENV - 18 dmg 4/4 remaining]

<<The Witch>> HP: 700/700 | DMG: 100 [50 min] | MIT: 70 - [ENV - 18 dmg 4/4 remaining]

Shield felt his spine go stiff as the familiar prick of the dagger stuck into him. He overbalanced and sprawled onto the floor, his skeletal muscles all now limp and unresponsive. He was never shocked by it anymore, but the feeling was no more pleasant. He watched in his HUD as the status quickly ticked down. Mari had taken out one of the monkeys, but the real threat so far had managed without any consequence. With his face down in the paving stones, he could not see the witch's face, but he knew she was gloating.

"Wwwtch... fwwwrst...." he managed, the words barely dribbling out of his limp mouth. He knew that the monkey could very likely be dead or very close to it by the time the witch hit zero health. She was always just a little more frustrating to kill with her AoE effects and her stupid paralysis. That, and she still had a transformation once she dipped low enough. Hopefully, they would be able to manage to drop her past that point all the way to zero without gaining any of the benefits in time to use them.

I suppose I should stop being frustrated by this, but that witch doesn't deserve the satisfaction.

"Wwwtch... fwwwrst..."

Welp, even with him sprawled out on the floor, struggling to talk - Mari was able to understand him. Mari stepped over him and paused to turn and give him two firm pats on his back. "No worries tank, I'l whittle down that health some." She knew she wouldn't be able to kill the witch with a single strike, but she'd be able to deal some proportion of damage.  Mari turned to the witch and narrowed her gaze.

The Witch simply laughed, a shrill and high cackle that echoed in the small chamber that surrounded them. Was she mocking Mari? It didn't matter. If Mari's attack was successful, the witch would be having a taste of her own medicine. Mari ducked under the Witch as she went to attack Shield - she screeched as she drew back from his unnmoving body, his thorns had activated- taking a nice clean sliver of health off her. As she was yowling and yelling profanities at Shield Mari turned, using her charged <<Eternal Cyclone>> She began to tear into the Witches back, over and over.

The witch turned to Mari, and pointed a finger at her, but any words that were to come from the wicked witches lips failed as she faltered, falling onto one knee then the other. 

"Doesn't feel all that good, does it?" Mari asked with a tilt of her head.

@Shield

Spoiler

Action:   ID: 142340  BD: 4 + 7=11-1 HIT
16+5=21x13= 273 - 70=203 STUNNED

Shield [H:4/4/4] - HP: 1754/1770 | EN: 152/168 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 0 | LD: 5 | BH: 85 | HB: 48 | THN: 99 | ENV: 18/4  [PSN -16 dmg 2/3 remaning]
Mari    [H:0/0/0] - HP 1270/1270  | EN: 83/124 | DMG: 16 | MIT: 43 | EVA:4 | ACC: 7  | BH: 63 | BRN: 15 | BLEED: 24

<<Elite Flying Monkey 2>> HP: 184/220 HP | DMG: 90 [45 min] | MIT: 35 - [ENV - 18 dmg 3/4 remaining]

<<The Witch>> HP: 380/700 | DMG: 100 [50 min] | MIT: 70 - [ENV - 18 dmg 3/4 remaining] [STUNNED 1/1 remaining] -203 hit -18 env - 99 thorns

Elite Flying Monkey  ID: 142341  MOB: 3 Miss
Witch ID: 142342 MOB: 8 HIT

Edited by Mari

Passive: [+1 EN] Battle Healing [+85 HP] Holy Blessing [+48 HP] Cool Downs [Justified Riposte - 1/3]

Action: Parry - Vengeful Riposte [-5 EN]

Shield [H:4/4/4] - HP: 1754/1770 | EN: 149/168 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 0 | LD: 5 | BH: 85 | HB: 48 | THN: 99 | ENV: 18/4  [PSN -16 dmg 1/3 remaning]
Mari    [H:0/0/0] - HP 1270/1270  | EN: 73/124 | DMG: 16 | MIT: 43 | EVA:4 | ACC: 7  | BH: 63 | BRN: 15 | BLEED: 24

<<Elite Flying Monkey 2>> HP: 184/220 HP | DMG: 90 [45 min] | MIT: 35 - [ENV - 18 dmg 3/4 remaining]

<<The Witch>> HP: 380/700 | DMG: 100 [50 min] | MIT: 70 - [ENV - 18 dmg 3/4 remaining] [STUNNED 1/1 remaining]

With a heaving gasp, Shield pushed himself upright, finally able to get a proper breath. "Man, being stunned sucks!" He planted his foot and rose up to his full height, slapping his sword against the face of his shield with a clang and turning his eyes back onto the witch. "Mari, I appreciate you having my back. Just remember that battlefield control abilities like Stun usually sacrifices damage. I'm built to be hit. You focus on hitting the biggest thing in the room and leave the small-fries to me." Was it a little rude to be telling a grown woman how to perform her role in the fight? Maybe so. However, in hindsight, he should have talked to Mari about how his tanking works long before they ever got into a fight. "It's my fault for not saying something sooner. Sorry about that, but-" he pointed at his health gauge, which was continually filling up to full, dipping a hair from the poison effect, and then immediately refilling, "I can take the hits."

He gave her a little nudge with his elbow before sinking into a defensive stance, both his shield and his blade bared for the incoming attack. "You ready?" The witch lay face down on the ground, grumbling as loudly as she struggled against her status effect. 

"Stunning is just a little cherry on top when I successfully hit something with my charge ability." Mari corrected. "I Grabbed the mod to do that - charging is the only way I can amp up my dagger attack - unfortunately its a one time only deal." Mari flipped her dagger around in a reverse grip. "But I appreciate the advice - I'm ready." The Witch was still groaning on the floor as Mari attacked, albeit a little awkwardly - attacking a foe when they're down...even Mari felt a little dirty for doing that. The witch groaned then finally stood, screeching obsenities at both Mari and Shield she pointed to Shield.

"Attack my pretty! ATTACK!"  The Monkey flew down to swipe at Shield, and in doing so screeched as it reeled away- "Damn, you gotta tell me how your thorns are so powerful." Mari mused as she watched the monkeys health dip down.

Her eyes then flicked over to the witch. "Oh." She realized what she had done. Mari grinned as she gestured to the Witch with a nod. "There we go, bleeding and burning."

@Shield

Action: Eternal Cyclone > Witch 16 x 13 = 208 - 50 = 158
ID:142567  BD: 8 HIT  BLEED activate BURN activate

Shield [H:4/4/4] - HP: 1738/1770 | EN: 149/168 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 0 | LD: 5 | BH: 85 | HB: 48 | THN: 99 | ENV: 18/4 
Mari    [H:0/0/0] - HP 1270/1270  | EN: 73/124 | DMG: 16 | MIT: 43 | EVA:4 | ACC: 7  | BH: 63 | BRN: 15 | BLEED: 24

<<Elite Flying Monkey 2>> HP: 67/220 HP | DMG: 90 [45 min] | MIT: 35 - [ENV - 18 dmg 2/4 remaining] -99 THRN

<<The Witch>> HP: 204/700 | DMG: 100 [50 min] | MIT: 70 - [ENV - 18 dmg 2/4 remaining] [BURN -15 2/2  BLEED -24 2/2] -158 Attack - 18 env

Elite Monkey: 142568 MOB: 6 HIT
Witch: 142569 4+1= MISS

Edited by Mari

Passive: [+1 EN] Battle Healing [+85 HP] Holy Blessing [+48 HP] Cool Downs [Justified Riposte - 0/3] [Parry - 0/1] [Vengeful Riposte - 2/3]

Action: None

Shield [H:4/4/4] - HP: 1756/1770 | EN: 149/168 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 0 | LD: 5 | BH: 85 | HB: 48 | THN: 99 | ENV: 18/4 [PSN -16 dmg 0/3 remaning]
Mari    [H:0/0/2] - HP 1270/1270  | EN: 73/124 | DMG: 16 | MIT: 43 | EVA:4 | ACC: 7  | BH: 63 | BRN: 15 | BLEED: 24

<<Elite Flying Monkey 2>> HP: 57/220 HP | DMG: 90 [45 min] | MIT: 35 - [ENV - 18 dmg 2/4 remaining] -99 THRN

<<The Witch>> HP: 204/700 | DMG: 100 [50 min] | MIT: 70 - [ENV - 18 dmg 2/4 remaining] [BURN -15 2/2  BLEED -24 2/2] -158 Attack - 18 env

Spoiler
  • Potion of Fireball:  MD 9 [120 AoE + Burn 24/2 turns]
  • Poisoned Dagger: MD 10 [Targets player that has dealt the most damage to her. PAR 1 Turn, PSN 16/3 turns]
  • Unnatural Swiftness: 201 > HP [+1 evasion for the rest of the fight]

"The secret to the damage is that it's not just thorns," Shield replied over the hooting and angry cackling of their quickly dying opponents. "There's an Immolation Potion and some Flame Aura coating those Thorns that pack a lot of extra punch." He held his shield up, the manticore's face on its surface wreathed in a very faint red glow. "To that end, I know it's unorthodox, but disabling Bull Rush when I'm tanking is probably our optimal move. That said," he pointed towards the witch. "This time around, it may have worked out in our favor. If you can land one more hit, she's going to drop without ever getting to make use of her second form. That's some pretty spectacular timing."

With that, Shield turned his attention back to their opponents and got a much clearer idea of why they were both hooting and cackling so angrily respectively. The both of them were continually being drained of health, both of them pumped full of venom, and the witch herself also bleeding and on fire. Shield's Parry was not yet ready to reuse, and Mari was not in need of healing, nor was she in danger of being short on damage or energy for the remainder of the quest. Shield merely took a moment to scratch his chin and enjoy the sight before him of their flailing and shrieking opponents. "You know... it's the little things."

"If you take enjoyment out of your enemies cackling and writhing whilst they're on fire then...sure It's the little things." Mari said as she slapped Shield on the shoulder. "A little masochistic maybe, but I won't judge you too harshly for that." She said with a grin. "Right, next time, next time. I'll be sure to disable it. I kinda...forget its even there most the time honestly." Mari said with a shrug.  When Shield explained the potions she gave a small nod. "I see, I see - I have Flame Aura on my harness, and a few of those potions in my inventory, although I've yet to use them. I should really start using some of the sh*t in my inventory."

Mari turned to the witch, her health steadily dropping as all the status effects stacked ontop of one another. "I guess..." She tilted her head to the side. "Seeing the DoT in action like this, is a little satisfying, makes me feel like my choices weren't a complete loss."

Mari activated her <<Eternal Cyclone>> Ability and with a few quick twirls, finished off the Witch; she screamed something about cursing Shield in the fierey depths of hell. Mari snorted. She glanced to Shield just in time to see the flying Elite Monkey bounce off his armour and shatter into data. "Well, what a world, what a world." Mari mused as she bent down to pick up the items - one each for them. "Oh...I see now." Mari said as she chucked one to Shield.

"Increases CD, so, this can be used in identifying things? If so...I see why you'd want them."

@Shield

Spoiler

Roll ID:142640  BD 9 crit HIT
Elite Monkey ID: 142641 MOB: 7 HIT

Eternal Cyclone > Witch 16 x 13 = 208 - 50 = 158

Shield [H:4/4/4] - HP: 1721/1770 | EN: 149/168 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | ACC: 0 | LD: 5 | BH: 85 | HB: 48 | THN: 99 | ENV: 18/4 [PSN -16 dmg 0/3 remaning]
Mari    [H:0/0/2] - HP 1270/1270  | EN: 63/124 | DMG: 16 | MIT: 43 | EVA:4 | ACC: 7  | BH: 63 | BRN: 15 | BLEED: 24

<<Elite Flying Monkey 2>> HP: 0/220 HP | DMG: 90 [45 min] | MIT: 35 - [ENV - 18 dmg 2/4 remaining] -99 THORNS

<<The Witch>> HP: 0/700 | DMG: 100 [50 min] | MIT: 70 - [ENV - 18 dmg 1/4 remaining] [BURN -15 1/2  BLEED -24 1/2] -158 Attack - 18 env -15 burn -24 bleed - 158 HIT

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

Energy Regeneration [1/2 Posts Remaining]

Non-Rolled Actions:

Swapping Gear:

-Stinging Nettle
+Seeking Aura

Rolled Action: Searching for Eggs - ID# 142651 results: Craft: 8 [3 Eggs found] Loot: 12+8=20 [1 Material found]

Eggs: 3
Materials: 1

"Indeed," Shield said, accepting his potion from the spoils. "And in all honesty, I am going to have mountains of unidentified gear to go through after the event. Already, in addition to whatever drops from the dungeon, I'm looking at around a hundred and fifty pieces of individual gear that I will be identifying, not including anyone else's. If you're willing to part with it, I will pay you handsomely for your potion from this quest as well. I'd even make the addendum that if you sell it to me, I will still use it to help identify your items, so you would still get the benefits of it, even if not in your own crafts."

At that, Shield dismissed his spined Stinging Nettle armor and tapped his ear to summon out his small silver and gold hoop earring, Seeking Aura. "Either way, let's head back. We can discuss your feelings on the way."

As he descended the spiral steps that skirted the walls of the witch's tower, Shield's earring lit, occasionally illuminating the path downward. Looking around for the cause, he spotted individual Easter eggs sitting in the crook of the torch brackets that lined the walls. He plucked them each from their spot, the last of which rather than an egg simply being a bundle of marshmallow chicks. "I will not be glad to stop gathering, but I suppose I will be relieved when this doesn't constitute the majority of my days anymore..."

Edited by Shield

"Ahh What an astute man." Mari said with a grin. It felt nice to be able to talk to him casually, when he wasn't trying to rile her up. "I was just about to propose something similar - I was about to say, I'd like you to identify my drops from the dungeon - I'd give you my CD item to do so - and I'd pay you the cost of the identification. You gotta make col somehow. But if you want to as you say....pay me handsomely for something I would have given to you - I won't say no."

They made it outside the tower now, the skies above were grey - heavy with the threat of oncoming rain - Mari inhaled deeply, she loved the smell before a oncoming storm, the electricity in the air. Her eyes shifted to his earring, curious about it - must be something to do with looting? It'd make sense, as they walked her assumptions were proven right - as he managed to find a set of eggs. "So, how many more times ya gonna go after the witch? You just going to turn on your heel and walk back up there again when she respawns?"

Mari did not need to discuss her feelings along the way.

@Shield

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

Energy Regeneration [0/2 Posts Remaining]

Searching for Eggs - ID# 142653 results: Craft: 9 [3 Eggs found] Loot: 11+8=19 [1 Material found]

Eggs: 6
Materials: 2

"Oh, don't be ridiculous," Shield said, dismissing the idea of taking the potion for free. "It's a valuable item. When all is said and done, I will likely need ten more potions, not including these, just to cover my own gear. I will be returning as many times as possible to achieve that goal. I don't identify my own items without the boost." He summoned up a transfer window. "What would be more valuable to you? Unidentified potions, or crafting materials?"

Even as he entered into one-sided negotiations with a player who was planning to give valuable unique items away, Shield's earring continued to periodically light, casting its golden glow on the path ahead of them as they made their way from the tower back through the twisted woods of the twenty second floor. Each time, it seemed to only indicate the presence of an egg or some kind of Easter candy treat. However, he was keeping his eyes peeled for more valuable finds as well. He had found his fair share of treasure chests among the gnarly roots of these trees.

Edited by Shield

"I'm not being ridiculous!" Mari retorted. "That took us, what? An hour? I'd be more than willing to go back up there today to grab another item like that. It's not like its a hard battle. It may be a valuable item, but its an easy one to acquire. It's also one I don't particularly find a use for right now. My alchemy crafting is coming along nicely - I've managed to craft a bunch of damage and mass heal potions, and amassing antidotes for the upcoming boss fights. So I really don't need it. What am I gonna do? Hoard it away?" She shook her head. Mari didn't see the need of keeping something for herself if she didn't have a real need for it. Even if it was valuable.

He asked her what would be more valuable to her, and Mari blinked. "Oh- w-well. Materials of course. If I had unidentified potions, I'd just be bringing them to you. Course - that may be what you wanted, no?" She added with a smile.

@Shield