[PP-F9] <<Guardian of Fire>> Cerberoast

The second hound was dealt with, Crozeph kept his momentum and moved forward again. He had to keep his distance where Yuki can still reach him, one wrong move and the Cerberus might try to bite his head off in range. Crozeph made his movements clean and precise and as soon as he saw that the length of his blade can reach the hound, he slashed at it's side. The hound's HP went down considerably now they just have to deal with it and they can proceed to kill Cerberus. The hound felt Crozeph's attack, it was quick and the red gash indicated that he landed a clean blow. "Now things are starting to er... brighten up" he said.

Crozeph quickly moved back into their formation when he saw the hound flinch "just one more, and we're done with these annoying hounds" he told Yuki. Crozeph took a deep breath, keeping his guard up as the battle continues inside the cavern.

• ID: 144420
  • BD: 9 critical
  • Crozeph dealt 10 base + 1 critical = 11 damage to Hell Hound 

Spoiler

[0/0/0]Crozeph

• HP: 450/450 I Energy: 30/42 I MIT: 8 I ACC: 2 I EVA: 4 I DMG: 10 I +2 probiotics

[1/1/1]Yuki 

• HP: 467/525 I Energy: 23/48 I MIT: 76 I ACC: 0 I EVA: 0

Mobs

• Hell Hound 1  [0/30]
  • Hell Hound 2  [0/30]
  • Hell Hound 3  [19/30]
  • MD 9 = 75 MD 10 =100 DMG: 50

@Zajcica

Edited by Crozeph
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yuki watched Crow slice open the side of the hell hound pretty precisely. He was surgical with a blade when his attacks actually connected with something. Wonder if that came from him being a kendo student. No reason to be thinking about something like that though. She stepped forward onto the enemy and lashed her lance at the pup in front of her. All the lance was able to catch, however, was air. It flew through the air uselessly with a pink stripe. She at least had gotten it's attention.

Finally the hound would make it's attack. It rushed at her, but the Paladin simply parried the attack away from her with the girls shield bashing into it's face. It was knocked off to the side away from her. During all this fight, her health bar would take hit from the heat. It was annoyingly hot, and she wanted to leave already.

image.thumb.png.6e1a0fd09d2c7d4596dae0c32e504265.png

image.thumb.png.7934c892628f7a4aa3d7f7d8e84ab0f4.png

[0/0/0]Crozeph

• HP: 450/450 I Energy: 30/42 I MIT: 8 I ACC: 2 I EVA: 4 I DMG: 10 I +2 probiotics

[1/1/1]Yuki 

• HP: 457/525 (-10) I Energy: 23/48 I MIT: 76 I ACC: 0 I EVA: 0

Mobs

• Hell Hound 1  [0/30]
  • Hell Hound 2  [0/30]
  • Hell Hound 3  [19/30]
Edited by Zajcica

Yuki's parries have been effective and even if the hound gets to deal damage, Yuki can return some to make up for it. It was an impressive idea for Crozeph but he is different, he can deal damage in one go. Crozeph moved out of their defensive position to land a blow on the last Hell Hound standing between them and the Cerberus. The hound must've been focusing too much on Yuki and that was a disadvantage for Crozeph. His eyes were glued to the Hell Hound as he moves in clearly, he practiced a lot in footwork and it's paying off right now that they need it the most. 

He raised his katana and made a downward slash to the hound's neck. It wasn't dealing damage much but they're making progress better than earlier. The hound yelped as it got hit by the blade. Crozeph moved back, the formation is still not broken and it seems that they are one step away from the quest boss, they just have to endure the heat until then.

• ID: 144532
  • Crozeph dealt 10 base + 1 critical = 11 damage to Hell Hound 3

Spoiler

[0/0/0]Crozeph

[1/1/1]Yuki 

• HP: 457/525 I Energy: 23/48 I MIT: 76 I ACC: 0 I EVA: 0

Mobs

• Hell Hound 1  [0/30]
  • Hell Hound 2  [0/30]
  • Hell Hound 3  [8/30]

@Zajcica

Edited by Crozeph

Yuki got in front of Crozeph as he stepped behind her to make sure the Hound didn't nip in the heels or anything. He still hadn't taken any damage from either the mobs or the cavern, which put her heart at ease. If there's one thing she hates to see, it's someone getting hurt over her. The girl assessed the hounds state and realized that she could finish this fight if she just landed a weak sword art. It wouldn't cost that much more than making a simple attack so why not. 

Her spear turned pink again, lunging forward to strike her target. Again it went straight into the rocky foundation of Inferno Cavern, resounding a giant crash through the walls. The hell hound reacted with its own attack, which the paladin parried off once again. When this one was dead, she would charge the Cerberus head on before it could summon anymore whelps to fight them, or else she won't last long enough.

@Crozeph

image.thumb.png.d0fba4f5407c306b7b3bbe1f1225594e.png

[0/0/0]Crozeph

[1/1/1]Yuki 

• HP: 457/525 I Energy: 21/48 (-2) I MIT: 76 I ACC: 0 I EVA: 0

Mobs

• Hell Hound 3  [8/30]
Edited by Zajcica

The attacks they're trying to dish out are missing again and Crozeph didn't like it. He moved forward, ready to attack the hound again. It was the remaining enemy and it should've been dealt with "the HP is low enough for one final attack" Crozeph swung his sword in a horizontal manner aiming at the hound's jaw. The blade reached it but the hounds moved back, dodging Crozeph's katana by a few inches. It was frustrating and the heat of the area is not helping either. Crozeph kept his eyes at the hound as he slowly moved back to Yuki's area of defense, he couldn't afford to get hit with how squishy he is to their attacks. 

he kept his katana raised as he finally moved back, he wiped the sweat on his forehead with the sleeve of his haori and remained behind her "it gets annoying but we can still go on, that one hound is getting on my nerves though"  Crozeph told Yuki. The fight continues but they haven't killed the Cerberus yet, Crozeph kept his eyes on the hound "I better make sure it hits next time" he thought as he controls his breathing.

• ID: 144710
  • BD: 2 + 2 = 4 fail

Spoiler

[0/0/0]Crozeph

[1/1/1]Yuki 

• HP: 457/525 I Energy: 21/48 (-2) I MIT: 76 I ACC: 0 I EVA: 0

Mobs

• Hell Hound 3  [8/30]

@Zajcica

Edited by Crozeph

Yuki groaned. It was so close to dying and she was really starting to get annoyed with the heat of this Cavern and the Cerberus being such a wussy behind his minions. Shield's voice resounded through her head: "This isn't your weapon. This is." Using her head and her armor was he biggest advantage winning fights because her weapon would not make up for her failures. However, they would easily lose this fight if they didn't start to hit something. She opened her menu quickly and switched out her shield, Icewall, for La Black Luna. It increased her chance to hit by 30%, if she continued to miss with this on, they two of them would surely die to the Cerberus.

Just as she had gotten the trinket attached to her side, the hell hound jumped through her menu and latched on to her arm. No shield protected the blow, and she watched her health drop much more severely than before. No time to waste. She threw the hound to the ground and brandished her spear again.

image.thumb.png.f4ced5da0223e9c77a0078a520e9ed75.png

[0/0/2]Crozeph

[1/1/3]Yuki 

• HP: 436/525 (75-49=21) I Energy: 22/48 (+1) I MIT: 76-27=49 I ACC: 3 I EVA: 0
    Switching from Icewall Shield to La Black Luna(ACC 3)

Mobs

• Hell Hound 3  [8/30]
Edited by Zajcica

"I'll make up for that Yuki" he told her as he eyed the Hell Hound. Crozeph had to deal with it now or Yuki will get more damage from the environment, he placed his sword back in it's sheathe and dashed forward towards the hound. Crozeph's speed has been fast and with his blade hidden he might just have a chance to inflict damage to this annoying Hell Hound. The Hell Hound wasn't caught off guard as it followed Crozeph's movement but with his the sword's length hidden, the hound wasn't able to tell how far to dodge or where to move. Crozeph reached the Hell Hound and unsheathe his katana as fast as he can. The blade slice the hound in half. Its HP was already too low and Crozeph's blow was too sudden. Crozeph himself was amazed, he sucked at quick draw when he was taught Batto Jutsu but it seems his practice the past few weeks had paid off

Crozeph jumped back to Yuki as soon as the last hound shattered. He also sheathed his katana but kept his hand on the hilt while his eyes are on the Cerberus. No more hounds just him and Yuki against the Cerberus "this is it Yuki, Cerberus might be coming down" he told her. Now is where the real battle begins.

• ID: 144715
  • Crozeph dealt 10 base + 1 critical = 11 damage to Hell Hound 3

Spoiler

[0/0/2]Crozeph

[1/1/3]Yuki 

• HP: 436/525 (75-49=21) I Energy: 22/48 (+1) I MIT: 76-27=49 I ACC: 3 I EVA: 0

Mobs

• Hell Hound 3  [/30]

@Zajcica

Edited by Crozeph

Yuki wasted no time as soon as the last hound was dead. She charged past Crozeph before taking even a second thought on it. The Cerberus looked like it was planning to summon more lackeys to do it's work for it and she was not dealing with another round of mobs to slowly die to this heat. The girl's lance turned pink once more and she let out an angry battle cry, slashing the bladed part of her long lance through each one of the heads with ease. The center and right side head fell limp as soon as the bleed kicked in.

The remaining head wailed in pain as the blade killed both it's other heads. Yuki stood defiant, but without a shield, she was unable to protect herself from what came next. The last head reached down and nearly ate her. It latched on to her digital body swung her around a bit and threw back at her ally. Her health dropped by nearly a fifth while she screamed in pain. She laid against the rocks for a moment while trying to regain her senses.

image.thumb.png.0d508e5f88aca4680af8267afe4c9a9b.png

[0/0/0]Crozeph

[3/3/3]Yuki 

• HP: 346/525 (80+10) I Energy: 22/48 (+1) I MIT: 76-27=49 I ACC: 3 I EVA: 0 | BURNING: 10 DMG NEXT TURN

Mobs

• Cerberus Head Left 12/30 HP 
  • Cerberus Head Center 0/30 HP
  • Cerberus Head Right 0/30 HP
    DMG = 80+10 burn on next turn
    Unmitigated damage on MD 9-10
Edited by Zajcica

Yuki's attack was too much to handle on Crozeph's eyes. Two of the heads of Cerberus is already dead with one head barely holding up the body. Crozeph dashed forward as he saw Yuki finished her attack. He had his sword in it's sheathe and as he reached Cerberus and drew his blade but the Cerberus moved its head making his blade hit the dead one. 'Damn it! of all times to miss" Crozeph jumped too high to reach the head and as he landed back on the ground he rolled away slamming himself to a rock. Crozeph quickly stood up and dusted himself. The heat of the rock where he landed seared but his HP remained intact.

Crozeph stood up coughing but he seemed fine, it must've been the fake signal of the gear. Now it's all up to Yuki to finish the head off, if not he'll try again until they see that Cerberus is completely defeated. 

• ID: 144726
  • BD: 2 +2 = 4 fail
Spoiler

[0/0/0]Crozeph

[3/3/3]Yuki 

• HP: 346/525 (80+10) I Energy: 22/48 (+1) I MIT: 76-27=49 I ACC: 3 I EVA: 0 | BURNING: 10 DMG NEXT TURN

Mobs

• Cerberus Head Left 12/30 HP 
  • Cerberus Head Center 0/30 HP
  • Cerberus Head Right 0/30 HP
    DMG = 80+10 burn on next turn

@Zajcica

Edited by Crozeph

Yuki was took a few seconds to stand back up. She couldn't be laying on the ground at a time like this. The fight wasn't over, rest was for the victorious and what not. She pulled herself up and charged her lance with it's pink aura one more time. She wouldn't miss this. Zooming past the boy was a pink stripe of speed. If she dropped the shield, Yuki could move much faster, so it was another benefit. 

The pink lance jammed into the remaining with a leaping blow, toppling the three headed beast onto its side. Slowly, it built up the distortion and then exploded into blue data. Yuki landed on her feet and turned to Crozeph. "Crow, we need to leave now before I pass out from heat stroke." She said, leading the boy out of the cavern. Once they were in the cooler, even though 'cooler' only meant 'less hot'. area she started to open her menu to take off her armor.

image.thumb.png.06f7f735efec10cb6e276db1ef47709f.png

(I forgot to state the attack was Maiming Blows please don't kill me staff member who reads this)

[0/0/0]Crozeph

[3/3/3]Yuki 

• HP: 326/525 (10+10) I Energy: 22/48 (+1) I MIT: 76-27=49 I ACC: 3+1 I EVA: 0

Mobs

• Cerberus Head Left 0/30 HP 
  • DMG = 80+10 burn on next turn

Edited by Zajcica

Crozeph saw Yuki kill Cerberus or the remaining head alive. Finally they can get out of the cavern. Crozeph did his best to run as fast as he could. It was ironic because his vision was fuzzy yet his HP was full. Crozeph followed her out of the cavern as Cerberus shattered. He paid little attention if there ever was a loot drop from it, he only wanted to get out of the place and get some fresh air. For some reason Yuki was faster than him despite him having the agile build. "This is a psychological b******t that I can never understand" he said. It must be it, all of the things he's feeling right now is psychological but why? Crozeph brushed his eyes and tried his best to keep up "I forgot why I took the survival skill, I'm weak to these kinds of places."

A few minutes went by and they finally outside. Crozeph felt the less hot air move and it's done, they've accomplished the quest objective. Crozeph smile it was a short journey but he had his fun and he met a new tank. The dizziness is still there, Crozeph can't shake off the feeling. Crozeph stretched out his hand to Yuki "hey, can you help me with-" Crozeph blacked out and suddenly dropped face down on the ground. 

@Zajcica

Yuki took moment to remove her armor and weapon from her inventory and watched Crow collapse to the ground. Her health was half and she dying of the heat. She was worried for him, but it looked like her job wasn't done yet. When Crozeph fell to the ground, she picked him up and placed him on her back. They continued down the path back to the safe zone, only it would take two days to do so. This was a long week just for a single quest.

Night had fallen quickly, and Crow was still passed out on her back. Yuki was getting tired and if they didn't find somewhere to stay, she was going to pass out. Her health was back at full by now, thankfully, but it wouldn't matter if they both were unconscious out in the open like this. when Crozeph finally started coming to, Yuki greeted him weakly. She was back in her yukata. "H-Hey...I'm glad...you're okay..." And with those last words the girl fell to the ground on her face with the boy on her back.

@Crozeph

Edited by Zajcica

Crozeph felt pain on his forehead as he begins to wake up. He was already half-awake when he heard Yuki's voice and then he felt a searing pain his head. Crozeph opened his eyes and found himself on the ground and what's worse Yuki is under him "what the- hey! are you all right?"  he pulled himself together and looked around and the safe zone is just a few feet away. "She carried me back to the safe zone?" he thought. Crozeph stood on his knee and carried Yuki in his arms. Crozeph tried to ignore the glances that people gave him inside Vulcan town. Yuki must've passed out from carrying him on her back, Crozeph went in the only inn he knows on Vulcan Town and looking for a room where he can give Yuki a proper rest. The glances of people were giving Crozeph a hard time speaking, its as if they think he did something bad to a girl. "Y-yes a room please, my friend passed out just outside the settlement" he told the receptionist. 

Crozeph manage to get a room and gently placed Yuki in bed and covered her with a blanket, he placed his hand on her forehead "nothing to worry about, at least it's not that hot in here" he thought. Crozeph pulled the only chair in the room and placed it near a wall. He sat on it and rested his head on a wall "that fight was unexpectedly long, not quite the plan I had in mind" Crozeph crossed his arms inside the sleeves of his haori and stared at the ceiling. He's waiting for Yuki to wake up and thank her for carrying him to a safe zone.

It took maybe another hour, but Yuki let out a painful groan as she rolled around in the bed. Wait, a bed? Did Crozeph carry her back to the city and head off? She opened her eyes and rolled over to meet eyes with the boy who was currently resting his head against the wall. The bed creaked under her as she sat up in the covers.

"N-Ne... daijo- Are you alright? You passed out in front of the cavern and I had to carry you back. It felt like hours. You were out for a long time." She mentioned, looking like she was barely awake. She was usually a slow one to wake up so she still looked pretty drowsy. "Th-Thank you for carrying me all the way back... You're a good friend Crow. I don't think I've a had someone care about me that much in so long..." She was too tired to even understand the words coming from her mouth.

@Crozeph

Crozeph shifted his eyes to Yuki as he heard her voice. "I'm fine and you have my thanks for that," he told her "it must've been hard carrying me for two days back here, you can rest a little bit more" Crozeph pulled down his hair and fixed it back into a ponytail again, it was irritating at his nape so always had to pull it back up. "Do you want something to eat? I know you can cook well but we can try to eat something here but I don't know what kind of food would a settlement surrounded by volcanoes can offer" he added. Crozeph stood up and placed his hand on his shoulder, it was aching a little from the travel but the good things is they're both fine. 

Crozeph made a soft laugh at what Yuki told him, it seems she's still drowsy from her sleep but who can blame her? she did most of the job during the quest "it's fine really, you did most of the job on Cerberus" he told her. Crozeph had been thinking about how he can be more effective on tanks but his plan is still not well thought out. "So what would it be, girl from a small town? rest a bit more or get something to eat?" he asked her smiling.

@Zajcica

Yuki took a moment to think on the question. She was still pretty wore out after the longest, heaviest walk of her life. She felt like she could barely lift her legs if she wanted. After the moment was up, the girl laid back into the bed and covered up.

"If we rest up... we can go to floor 22 and I'll treat you to another free meal... for you know, making sure I made it to safety. Else you want to continuing eating just bread?" The girl made some room on the bed. She was pretty lean for a lady, but she only took up about a third of the space on the mattress. There was enough room to find another person between the both of them so maybe he wouldn't feel awkward about it. Secretly, she wouldn't mind at all if he joined her in the bed, as long as he didn't do anything weird.

@Crozeph

The mention of food was enough for Crozeph to agree with her. He would be able to eat something delicious again. Crozeph walked towards the bed and sat on the floor, his back resting on the side of it. Crozeph didn't want to look creepy for her. He opened his HUD and accessed his inventory "you got the loot right?" he asked her "the one Cerberus drops, I didn't have it and I just realized a while ago that it goes to the one who dealt the killing blow" he added. It would be upsetting if they didn't get the drop, all the heat and frustration and they get nothing. Crozeph then remembered something before the got into battle earlier "hey you told me that we'll do something after the fight with Cerberus, are we going somewhere" he asked but then he remembered Yuki telling him that they'll go to her shop to eat "oh right you told me already we're going to eat at Floor 22"  he said.

Crozeph yawned for a second, now that he remembers it, they never had a proper rest in the duration of the quest and taking a rest seemed the best option they can do right now.

@Zajcica

Yuki laid quietly as Crozeph talked to her. She was already really tired and didn't have much to say right now. Though, she wouldn't ignore his question. She opened her menu really quick and looked for an item. Sure enough, there it was. Another consumable.

"I do have it. It's a potion like most quests give. You can have it if you want, I can always go to Zandra or Mari for specific potions so it doesn't bother me." The girl said shutting her menu and rolling onto her back to get comfortable. "I'll give it to you in the morning... Also, you're not going to sleep like that, are you? Lay in the bed. I don't mind as long as you stay on your side..."

...Did she really just say that out loud? What the hell were the estrogen supplements doing to her brain? Was it simply because everyone here saw her as a girl so it was easier to feel like one?

@Crozeph

Crozeph stood up and sat on the bed "thanks for that, I don't really know where I can use the item but it'll be useful someday." Crozeph took off his sword and his haori. Yuki has already given him permission. He lied down on the bed but didn't use the blanket "if I ever get to your side you can just flip the blanket and I'll roll back to mine" he told her. Crozeph always had this carefree attitude, he didn't bother who it was as long as people allow him to do so. It's not like Yuki will kill him in his sleep, Crozeph can trust her and he's fine with just that. Crozeph used his haori as his blanket, it was the only one he can use. 

He has been sleep deprived the past few weeks because of how uncomfortable his shop is and now was one of those rare times he actually slept in a bed. He could feel his eyes getting heavier. Crozeph tried his best, the bed was too comfortable and it made him feel sleepy quick "I lost track of what time is it so..." Crozeph closed his eyes "... goodnight Yuki" he told her.

@Zajcica

Yuki listened as Crozeph slowly passed into sleep. She could barely keep her eyes open but she was able to get one last sentence out before drifting off. "Good night Crow." And with that the paladin slowly lulled into a rest. She snored quietly from the deprivation. The digital body was more resilient than the one on the outside, but even still Yuki could barely keep herself from straight up passing out. 

Though she stayed on her side of the bed for most of the time, Yuki eventually rolled over in the bed and rested her head against the boy's back. If she were to wake up in this position, she would nearly have a heart attack but at this point, the paladin was numb to it. The endeavor that she had just went through had been enough for one person to weather over a whole year and her body just moved on its own. This would be a weird thing to wake up to...

@Crozeph