[PP|02]<<Long Live the Queen>>Stingers..

The red head found herself finally teleporting to a higher floor than what she was used to. This was her first time leaving the second floor, so she was nervous. Video games were definitely not her forte and she didn't expect to start being a master at them right away just because it was a life or death situation. She needed help from a higher level player who can help her figure out how to play it correctly, which is exactly what she was doing here today. A woman named Mari would be waiting near the quest area, she would have to make it there herself with her basic equipment, but it wasn't far.

When she arrived she found the woman waiting exactly where they said to meet. She waved at her nervously as she approached the orange cursor player. She was a criminal in some way, is what that meant. Though, the woman on the board vouched for her, so she needed to suck up her fears and take any help she could get.

"H-Hi there. I'm the one from the Player Request Board, Shye. You can just call me Chelsea if you want, though. Going by these username handles are kind of weird for me." She admitted, offering to shake the orange player's hand.

Spoiler

General
Level: 1 | HP:  20/20 | Energy: 2/2

Stats
DMG: 1 | EVA: 0 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 

Skills
First Aid | R1

Equipment(In use)
Vanity Dagger
Vanity L. Armor

Mari saw a brightly coloured girl approach. It looked like she was making a bee-line straight toward Mari. So this was probably the other person who responded to her player request board offer. Two back to back people asking for help. Not that Mari minded, she
did put it up - it was just...interesting. The timing of everything. She just agreed to be a pillar in a guild with some of her closest allies in the game - she was close to hitting the higher level thresholds - and now this?  There must be something strange in the air.

Mari stood up, dusting herself off. "Shye." Mari confirmed as she shook the other girls hand. "I get that you'd prefer to use your real name, but your screen name protects you. You should really hold your real name close to you." Mari said as she let go of Shye's hand. Mari tapped her chest to illustrate the point. "Ah. Sorry." Mari quickly said, realizing she was not even a minute into their encounter and was already lecturing the poor girl about safety.

"I'm Mari, is this one of your first quests? Do you have any questions before we get going?" Mari offered. "I'd be able to one hit ko this boss - but I don't want to do that without discussing things with you first."

Spoiler

General
Level: 66 | HP: 1350  |Energy: 132

STATS

DAM: 16 | EVA 3  | MIT 43 | ACC 4 | 

BATTLE COPY

Mari    [H:0/0/0] - HP 1350/1350  | EN: 132/132 | DMG: 16 | MIT: 43 | EVA:3 | ACC: 4  | BH: 67 | BRN: 24 |BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 |

SKILLS
Rank 5 Weapon (+5 DMG)
-Weapon Mod: Precision (+1 ACC)
Rank 5 Charge (+5 Damage -1 ACC)
Charge Mod BULL RUSH: Successful charge stuns target 1 turn
Rank 5 Light Armor (+25 MIT)
Light Armor Mod Athletics -  Gain +1 base damage and +30 HP when wearing light armor
SURVIVAL
Rank 5 Battle Healing (5% of total health rounded down start of each turn)
Familiar Mastery Expert - +1 (*Tier) Damage - +9 Damage

EQUIPPED
Name: 
Kusanagi | Item Type: Dagger | Tier 2
Enhancements: 
Bleed 2 | Burn 2
'Bleed Damage of 24 for 2 turns on a roll of 8-10'
'Burn Damage' of 24 for 2 turns on a roll of 8-10 - Unmitigated

Name: Beacon Necklace | Item Type: Pendant | Tier 2
Enhancements
  +3 ACC 

Name: 
Infernal Shadow | Item Type: Light Armour | Tier 3
Enhancements: 
 +2 Eva | +1 Flame Aura
'Effect: Prevent (6 per slot * Tier) damage per slot from successful attacks against you. Successful non-critical attacks against you deal (5 per slot * Tier) unmitigated burn damage to the attacking enemy.

@Shye

Edited by Mari

The red-head, the lower leveled one, offered her a smile while they shook hands. She didn't want to draw attention to Mari, but she couldn't help but look up at the orange crystal that floated above her head. The girl on the forum had mentioned not to judge anyone off that. Orange cursors meant someone had committed a crime, and Chelsea had remember the Monument that sat in the center of town. Mari was a name that appeared on there several times, which meant this girl had killed more than one real person here in the game. The thought shook her to the core, but then she realized she was spacing out and she needed to answer Mari's question.

"I have quested with a pink-haired girl. She was a 'tank' player as you guys call them. She pulled out a small booklet, one that players can get from the information brokers in the town of beginnings. "Their jobs are to control the battlefield so that damage players can defeat things. And then there are players like me that stand in the back and do healing to keep others alive? When I first entered the game, it had me buy a skill and I guess I bought a healing spell of some kind or something." The girl fumbled through the booklet like she had never touched a video game in her life. She also had no apparent weapon on her.

@Mari

Edited by Shye

Mari watched patiently as Shye pulled out a book - mulling over the information. Mari couldn't blame her, she herself liked to have something physical to flip through. It helped organize her thoughts rather than looking at a semi transparent HUD. Mari didn't want to push things too much with the girl, she seemed...flighty. Understandably so - the sheer difference in levels between them - and her orange crystal.

"Okay, so this isn't your first quest." Mari affirmed. "So I won't need to go over the basics of combat. You're saying you want to be a healer build?" Mari questioned a she gestured for Shye to follow. "Not many people go that route - much like a tank - it's a support class and relies on having others in your party, still it's something that is in short supply and well needed -you'll be popular." They were now walking through a field of flowers, their various colours tickling Mari's bare legs as they passed.  "Got a lotta information in that there book of yours, don't ya?" Mari asked.

@Shye

Shye walked next to Mari as they spoke. She seemed less than enthused when Mari mentioned that she would be swooned over for her skills. She had gotten First Aid when the game first started because she though it was required to buy something. First Aid seemed like it would be useful, then she found out she couldn't use it on herself.

"I-I will be popular? I don't know about that. I've never touched a video game in my life so I don't even know what should be happening when we do this quest. I assume I'll just stay back and heal you if you need it?" She flipped through her little booklet again to see if there was anything on that in there. She reached into a pocket in her skirt and pulled out a set of needles that she had hidden away.  I don't really have a weapon either... but these could work like a dagger... I guess?"

She didn't seem very sure of herself, but she still wanted to do what she could to learn how to survive and get out of this hell.

@Mari

Maybe Mari should have been more...literal with her words. "Well..." Mari began. "Not exactly like 'high school' popular. I mean - you'd..." She paused, trying to word this correctly. Damn, this was a little hard and frustrating. "You'd be useful in battle if you chose to go for a first aid or healer build. When I say 'popular' it was a joke, to say you'd be sought after because you would be useful."   Shye was beyond flighty - Mari felt like if she so much as breathed the wrong way the woman would flit away like a hummingbird.

So she was another person who hadnt' touched a video game?  How do all these people even manage to get trapped in a game like SAO. "Really? Your first one?" Mari shook her head, "Well, its a hell of a first one, isn't it?" She joked. "Still - at least you have skills. I have battle healing, and I'll be able to destroy that thing in a single hit. So don't stress too much just watch."

Mari eyed Shye incredulously. "A set of needles? As a dagger!? No offense kid, but that's kinda stupid. You wouldn't be able to hold them properly to execute half the sword arts. I'm a dagger user myself. Some of the skills require you to grip the handle a certain way - have the blade angled a certain way - what you have there is just a set of oversized needles."

Mari doubted their use in combat. "You should really stay back and not use something like that."

@Shye

Shye shrank a bit as Mari scolded her for trying to use a set of needles as a weapon, and to be fair, it was completely stupid. She didn't have any idea what she was doing, which was why she was sticking with healing. It was simple: She uses abilities to make sure others don't die.

"I-I'm sorry... I don't even want to fight like that..." Her voice got quiet and nervous. "The reason I'm here is because I decided to calibrate the helmet thingie for my brother. He was the one who meant to play it. He know's that I get scared easily so it was a bit of a prank. I couldn't log out of the game after he switched it on."

It felt so stupid to explain her predicament, but it was true. She had never touched a video game until now. Shye was probably making her name too true at this point, being tense and timid the closer they got to the bosses area.

@Mari

"Shye you can't shrink back when someone says something like that." Mari said in a stern tone. "I wasn't raising my voice, I wasn't yelling - if you get scared or jumpy at someone saying needles are stupid then - and I mean this in the nicest way possible - but then you're gonna have a really, really hard time out here." Mari stopped and swiveled to face the bright haired girl. "We're about to face a giant bee, whose stinger is about the size of your torso - you sure youre okay with that."

Mari paused when she explained how she came into the game. "What? But..." Mari shook her head. "I guess your brother didn't tell you that there is no way for you to calibrate something for his body and vision. Heck even old school VR had to be re-calibrated constantly..." Mari bit her tongue - she was about to say that he didn't sound like a very nice brother, but that wasn't her place. "Look, regardless of how you got here -you're here now and you got a few choices in front of ya. One, you can walk back to town, and live peacefully- no one would fault you for it. Or two- you can pick yourself back up, and not shrink back at the slightest of things, and watch me kill a giant ass bee."

@Shye

Shye thought on that for a minute. She could easily just return to town, but what if her help would save people while they tried to get her out of here? She took a moment to calm herself with a few breathing technique and looked Mari directly in the eyes.

"I don't know how to play these games, but if stick with something simple like healing, I could help tons of people make it to what you guys are calling 'The front lines' I think, and they could help us all escape this nightmare more quickly, right? I know this puts me in the line of fire, and that it's dangerous for me to do this, but I don't want to sit around and be useless when someone could use skills that I have invested in." Shye breathed a bit off beat, but Mari was right. She needed to learn how to survive and not be the wimp that she was.

"I'll stand back and watch then. I know you would probably be fine without my help, but if you get hurt, don't hesitate to call me for healing!" Her tone changed slightly, she threw Mari a slight grin and stood back, letting her do her work.

@Mari

Mari thought that the girl was just about to high tail it back to town. Not that she'd blame her - but the way she hesitated and how her eyes kept shifting back and forth. It was a very real possibility. Mari could see the signs of Shye calming herself down, the way her eyes closed and how her chest rose and feel with deep and steady breaths. Good. So she was staying.

"Do you want my honest opinion?" Mari asked, then gave it anyway. "I think before focusing on something like the frontlines you need to focus on your mindset and experience. You said it yourself, you don't know how to play. The frontlines are far too dangerous for you right now. Find people who are willing to teach you, and to help you along the way."  Mari offered Shye a smile. "Lucky for you I know a crazy man who is trying to build up a school to do just that. His name is Macradon."

Mari gestured for Shye to follow. "There is no shame in sitting around, nor is it useless- but I admire your courage to want to contribute. C'mon let's head to the spawning area."

@Shye

Shye followed behind her leader, making sure that she stuck close in case anything thought of ambushing them. She didn't want to be caught of guard and it be the end of her journey so soon. The thought of actually being on the front lines did frighten her to no end. If she was a lot stronger maybe she wouldn't be as scared, but Mari was right. She needed to hone herself as a player before she could think that big. Focus on getting through the game as a newbie and learn the most that she can so she can survive.

"You said I should find some people to help me learn things about the game. Could I ask you to do that for me?" She was still quiet even after that bold display. "I have bought the skill but as far as I could find, there is no tutorial on how to activate it. Do you know how to do that? I don't want to screw it up at a crucial moment when someone could need it desperately or they'll die..."

@Mari

"Me?" Mari asked as she glanced over her shoulder at Shye - why were so many people relying on her lately? Even with her orange crystal? Even though they were complete strangers? "I dunno, I mean..." Mari scratched the back of her head as she shifted her attention forward. "I don't have any skills in First Aid. Sure, I plan on picking it up soon - but my main build is around DoT - I could probably help you with that confidence issue - but I'm blunt- and harsh. I ain't gonna beat around the bush or play nice because you shrink back. If you're fine with that then yeh, I can help." 

Mari stopped in a field of flowers- holding out her arm to signal Shye to keep behind her. "So, short answer - no I don't know how to do that - I'd recommend using it at a time where its not crucial, get some practice in. Now, stay behind me - it'll appear just over that hill there in a few moments. This here is the spawn area now there are players here it'll activate the quest."

@Shye

Shye quietly thought about the things Mari had been saying. A timid shell really did form around her, and she wished she could do more about it, but so easily was she nerved by stress and fear. It was difficult enough to get this feeling of dread just from leaving the safe zone out of her mind so she could continue walking forward. Mari was as blunt as she said, however, Chelsea could tell it wasn't because she didn't care. Well, maybe she didn't entirely but it felt like the kind of scolding you get from a mother or a teacher. It's always with good reason. Well, she was still a kid so maybe she deserved to be scolded.

Chelsea bumped into the orange players arm while in her thought. It was about to spawn. She wondered if she should take shelter or just stand a little back. Would Mari call her a scaredy-cat if she hid behind a tree or something? The girl went back a bit outside of the field of flowers when she wasn't too close, but still close enough to heal Mari if she got hurt by something.

"G-Good luck!

@Mari

A loud droning buzz vibrated the very air around them. Mari turned to Shay and placed a hand on her shoulder, gently pushing her back two strides. "Just to be safe." Mari said. She really wasn't a fan of having someone who could die instantly with an attack there. There was a very off chance that Mari could miss - and whilst she'd still have the hate - it was always better to be safe than sorry. 

Mari turned back to the sound of the buzzing, just in time to see the Queen bee appear over the horizon. Mari didn't bother activating her charge - no point in loosing the extra accuracy for an overkill. Instead she simple activated her strongest Sword Art - the <<Eternal Cyclone>> Mari sprang forth, flowers beneath her discarding their petals in a flurry of colour at her feet.  

In a swift move of various flurried strikes the Bee fell down, dead into the field of flowers. Mari turned her back on it as it burst into  a storm of red data. "C'mon Shye, come grab your prize." Mari said as she reached down to pick up her own <<Matriarch's Stinger>>   "These are useful - they increase your damage." Mari said to her. "It's good to have some on hand. Be it potions, crystals, or items like this."

@Shye

ID: 145703 BD: 4+4=8 HIT
Eternal Cyclone - 16 X 13=208 
 [H:0/0/0] - HP 1350/1350  | EN: 132/132 | DMG: 16 | MIT: 43 | EVA:3 | ACC: 4  | BH: 67 | BRN: 24 |BLEED: 24 | FLAME AURA: 15 |
QUEEN BEE:  HP: 0/50  DMG: 20

Edited by Mari

Chelsea watched the flurry of blades chop the bee to pieces. It exploded it into nothing, and Shye couldn'y help but let out an audible "Whoa." As Mari sheathed her dagger. She snapped out of it when Mari's voice reached to her. The redhead walked over to the drop item and picked it up off the ground. It was a vial of poison of something that her high-leveled friend her said would increase her damage, but she was really all that interested in something like that. However, she would keep it on her nevertheless. She looked up at Mari's health bar to make sure that she was alright.

"Y-You didn't take any damage or anything did you? It didn't look like you got hit, but I'm still having a tough time following combat." She admitted, moving the vial of poison that she was holding onto into her inventory. "I want to be useful, so if you're hurt, let me heal you."

@Mari

"No damage taken." Mari confirmed. "Even if I had, my battle healing would have taken care of it instantly - that's another skill you should look at getting in the future, but only when you're ready." Mari suggested. "I get you want to be a full support class - and if you really insist on having me help you. I suppose I can look into that for you...so I can give you a list of skills or somethin - but for now I'd reccomend stocking up on potions, crystals, and food buffs - things that can not only help yourself but others too." 

Mari crossed her arms, assessing Shye - she needed work. A lot of work. "You know - I'm starting a guild with some others, we're looking for a healer to build up. But you'd really need to work on that confidence of yours too. We can help the best we can, but we also can't hold your hand every step of the way."

@Shye

A guild? She wasn't even level 2 yet, how was she supposed to contribute to a guild? Also, she had already seen the quest for earning a profession and decided to go for Alchemist because of the benefits of healers.

"R-Right! I already knew that I would want to stock on potions, that's why I've already decided that I will be getting the Alchemist profession! I remember this book saying they could make potions that healed allies and gave buffs to tanks and damage players. I will get working on that as soon as possible!" She said a little enthusiastically. 

She went back to the topic of guilds. "I'm lacking in a lot right now, I know... B-But, like I said, I don't intend on sitting in the city anymore waiting around like a coward when people could use help that I can give! That would haunt me to the end of my life even if I made it out of this game in the first place..." The girl looked at her shoes. "I-I'll do my best, but I'm sorry if I disappoint you all..."

@Mari

"Alchemy could work." Mari said thoughtfully. She was an alchemist herself, she also knew of several others. "It's a popular profession so it's one where you'd easily find others who could teach you, but in saying that - if you are going support. performers are rare and in high demand...mmm..." Mari's eyes  glanced up and down Shyes form. "I'm not sure that'd be a profession that'd suit you though." Mari said honestly, perhaps a bit harsh - but she couldn't imagine Shye being confident enough to craft such things. 

"An alchemist is a safe profession." Mari said, ending the discussion on that. She wasn't going to try and push Shye to do any particular profession, regardless of how crowded the market was, everyone needed to choose their own path - and as she said, she'd be able to use her own. "I'm not telling you to join right now, it's probably too early for you to." Mari offered. "It's just food for thought. You're wanting to improve yourself - that's the core belief of the guild, helping people like you. There is no way you could really disappoint any of us." Mari tapped her lip. "Hmm, unless I guess you ate all the food at a meeting, I think Oikawa would be a little sad with that." Mari joked. Though the delivery fell flat.

@Shye

Shye shook her head, questioning the performer profession. She was sure something like that was out of her league. Even if they system helped her, she would be much more happy with making alchemical potions. She could make them like perfumes and stuff!

"Alchemy will definitely suit me much better than Performer. I don't have any idea how to play any instruments or sing. Don't have the courage for something like that." She said, seeing that Mari probably bit her tongue a bit trying to save Shye from hurt feelings. Now that she was getting some experience, she could be helpful. Maybe this is mutual gain for the both of them.

"Thank you Mari, I'll get a little bit stronger and apply for the guild. What's the guild's name, or soon to be name? And don't worry, I don't take much to fill up, more food for everyone else." She giggle a bit to that, even though she had no idea who this 'Oikawa' person was.

@Mari

"Oh." Mari realized her error in talking about the guild, but not mentioning the name. "Err..." She scratched her cheek, feeling a tad awkward at the mention of it; it felt weird to say - not because of its name but the heavy realization that came with it. The knowledge that Mari was not only in a guild - but one of its founding members. It's leaders. It was a mighty feat for someone like her. "Jacobs Ladder." The name fell from her lips like a heavy downpour. Powerful. Meaningful. 

"Come on, I"ll lead you back to the safe zone." Mari said with a gesture. Shye nodded and began to follow. Shye took Mari's awkward joke in stride; adding to it - about how she ate very little. Despite the light conversation, and that there was no need for one to reply, Mari replied anyway. 

"Oikawa is another leader - or, Pillar. He may seem a little rude but..." Mari paused as her eyes traveled up toward the sky, watching the clouds slowly roll across the ocean of blue. "He's very kind. Attentive. He's not afraid to say things. So, don't let his marker fool you." Mari said as she pointed up at her own. "He only has it because he got rid of a very bad person - but that person was also his friend. So please don't judge him too harshly for it."

Mari stopped as they neared the safe zone. "Well, I can't go any further." Mari gave Shye a wave goodbye. "Good luck." And with that, Mari had turned and left.