[SP-F19] Pseudo-Odyssey II - Unrequited and Relentless Feelings A Crow Can't Understand

A katana with a blood-red sharp edge glimmered as the moonlight bathed on it. Crozeph is trying to look for something in a ridiculous place, it must be the moon driving him to be a lunatic. he grinned and looked at the grass. It was a wide field with Setarias growing abundantly. The moonlight shone brighter and the field was captivated by its light. Crozeph's eyes gleamed as he stared at the tall grass before him "your sacrifice won't be in vain because if I do find a treasure chest, I'll be putting it to good use" he said. Crozeph moved his sword swiftly, not making a single sound as he cuts the grass mercilessly. Every area that was cleared would be dug up by Crozeph using his katana and every time it struck something, Crozeph hoped it was a chest but to no avail it was all rocks.

He continued, never giving up until his brain tells him that he's an idiot. Crozeph slashed the grass and stabbed the ground with extreme prejudice as if the field had wronged him. He dug up a few times until he touches a rock. Crozeph made the seventh hole and as he felt his breath heavy he stabbed the ground once again, hoping to find something just this time.

• ID: 146016
  • LD: 14 + 3 = 17 treasure chest found!

Crozeph pulled the chest out of the ground and lied down beside it. It was a tiring experience but all those pain and frustrations washed away now that he held a treasure chest beside him "what a day" he told himself. He stood up and as he looked at the chest a familiar voice was heard from a distance "hey Crozeph! are you digging graves again?" James asked him. Carmilla followed behind him as they walked, they seemed to be fine and their dinner was good based on what he saw "this time I got one" Crozeph placed his feet on the treasure chest and made a smug face to James "whoa! looks like you did get one" he uttered.

Edited by Crozeph
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The three of them sat on the grass with the treasure chest in the center "I'm going to open this chest with this..." Crozeph opened his inventory and took out a silver key. The chest was not as intricate as what he found on floor six. It looked more like a time capsule, only with a keyhole in it. Carmilla was curious and James was more excited than Crozeph "man I can't wait what kind of items are inside this thing" he said with his eyes staring at the chest like it's some kind of precious gem. "Don't get your hopes up, some treasure chest just ha more resources than the standard loot that we get" he told James. Crozeph used the silver key and slipped it inside the keyhole. The lock kept on clicking as Crozeph twisted the key left and right. Carmilla bit her lip in suspense while James kept his eyes on what Crozeph is doing. The raven-haired player kept on moving the key and after a few seconds there was a loud click and the chest slowly opened revealing its contents

• ID: 146021
  • LD: 17 + 1 silver key = 18 chest opened
  • obtained the following items:
  • 2,850 col I x1 T2 Perfect armor/shield I x2 T2 rare consumables I x8 T2 materials

James was amazed by the contents "it lives up to its name as a treasure chest" he said. Carmilla smiled, it was a good moment of suspense for her "I rarely get to see a chest being opened, Grey and the others always has dibs on the contents that I only get my share of col" she told them. Crozeph placed the contents inside his inventory "well what a piece of s**t" he uttered with disgust "team effort, team rewards" he added. Crozeph and the two made their way back to the settlement, he's bone-tired already and a good sleep is what he needs.

Edited by Crozeph

Morning

"I can't believe we're back in material gathering again" James muttered like a disappointed. The golden sun shone brightly in the grassy fields again, the bulls roam about and birds chirped like they're trying to tune their sounds into a beautiful musical piece. James was with Crozeph again despite what the raven-haired player told them last night and in that night also, James finally knew Carmilla's true feelings "I can't believe she's in love with me also" he said as they searched for materials. Crozeph, however, was silent the whole time, he would mutter something as he looked for materials and it seems that he is lost in his own thought "he must be thinking of a good plan, I feel bad that he got dragged into this situation but at the same time I feel thankful that he managed to get us two back together even if we are still in this wretched party" James heard it from Carmilla herself and it looked like she was in pain also about their current situation. 

"Ever tried to kill someone?" Crozeph asked him all of a sudden. James' eyes widened as he looked at Crozeph, for a moment he was like a cold-blooded murderer and it made James feel uneasy. "See? that's called intimidation and it worked on you" Crozeph told him. James gave a breath of relief "don't scare me like that, it felt like I was gonna be killed"  his hands were sweating from what just happened. Crozeph returned from his material searching as soon as he said it "Carmilla endure intimidation for a long time from what I can see plus there's something that is bugging me...: he picked up something under the bush "what kind of life did you two lived before this hell" he asked James. The boy's eyes went sad at the question and it seems that Crozeph figured out what the situation is after all "tell me and I'll tell you what I have deduced so far."

• ID: 146038
  • LD: 19 found something
  • x1 T2 mats found
Edited by Crozeph

James stood behind Crozeph, the katana user asked him what their life was before they were trapped inside the game. It was a common thing to ask between players, talking about what happened and what their hobbies are can be a great stress relief. James didn't know what to say first, their life wasn't some kind of tragedy but he and Carmilla had a fair share of the unfair world. "we're just ordinary teenagers who like to play tabletop RPG games, it was our only joy. I started to like Carmilla when we entered high school, she wasn't popular but being a competent person would warrant attention. She's always cheerful whenever we are able to finish something, be it a D&D session or our assignments, she always liked the feeling accomplishment that at times it was insatiable" James smiled as he reminisced their memories. "I realized that if I help accomplish things that would make her happy and when she's happy so do I. Before we knew it we were already one of the finest students, she was so happy that she told me that we should go to the same university after we graduate. Carmilla always told me that I was part of her success and she wanted to have more." 

James and Crozeph felt the cool breeze again but as James told his story, Crozeph continued on his material-gathering "Carmilla enjoyed accomplishments while you enjoy seeing her happy, some nice relationship you got there" he said. "She does, she told me that it gave her a purpose and that I gave her strength, I feel just by hearing it" he told him. Crozeph turned around "but not everything goes so well with life right?" he told James. Crozeph patted his shoulder "continue, I'm getting into something about her" he added before turning back to where he was searching before.

• ID: 146170
  • LD: 20 material found
  • x1 T2 material 
Edited by Crozeph

Crozeph was right, no matter how accomplished they were, there are things that won't go well in life. James bit his lip in anger, it was a memory that pushed Carmilla into a corner but he had to tell Crozeph so he can figure out what to do. "We were sophomores before we entered this game and the year before that Carmilla was already known to others as a top student. For some reason, she was accused of cheating on our midterms and was suspended. There was no evidence but she was accused so I did some digging and it turns out, one teacher had a relationship with a student just so she can remain as the top. Imagine being threatened by someone who just wants to do well in her studies that ou had to fabricate evidences." Crozeph continued searching and listening to James "so what happened next?" he asked. James clenched his fist "I exposed the teacher and the student without revealing myself, Carmilla was forgiven and our classmates asked for her forgiveness but it was already too late, she was scared of them already. I tried to persuade her to go to school again but something else happened after the teacher was exposed. Carmilla was assaulted by the two and it caused trauma to her. I remained by her side but she was scared, just raise your voice and she'd cower in fear" James added.

"For some reason, Carmilla took a liking to this VR MMORPG and while I didn't stop her, it made feel uneasy so I joined her here and it was one of the best decisions I made. Carmilla and I stuck together until she felt strong enough. That sword of her was a drop from a powerful monster we two fought, that's why she won't let go of it." James watched as Crozeph continued "I still need to confirm my deductions but I seem to know a good deal of your problem" Crozeph told him as he dug beneath a tree searching for materials.

• ID: 146225
  • LD: 4 + 3 = 7 no materials found
Edited by Crozeph

"Hearing Carmilla suffering from a trauma of being overpowered is new to me since I saw that she can handle herself so what do you mean by her trauma?" Crozeph asked James as he is quite confused by it "Carmilla managed to gain a little courage as we leveled up a few times plus that sword of hers. A few weeks after getting trapped in here, she was already fine in terms of socializing with people" he told Crozeph who nodded as he heard James. It made a little sense to him, Carmilla might still feel fear but as long as she can see James around she's fine.

"The first thing we need to know is why the role swapping was suddenly butchered like you told me" he said as he looks for materials "you're knowledgeable in RPGs right? level can be your value or worth inside a game so giving up leveling is an absurd idea." It weirded out Crozeph when he heard it from James, it was unnatural "to be honest with you, it was a plan to hold you back" he knew that holding back someone who buffs Carmilla was a good way to weaken the girl. "As soon as the level gap widened you can't join dungeons and remember when Carmilla said she doesn't get to see treasure chests opened?" he said as he pointed his finger up while holding some kind of dirt on the other "it was a subtle plan to weaken you both and he started with you because he thought that you and Carmilla are unstoppable together" he added.

It all didn't make sense to James and it made him feel frustrated "does he like Carmilla that much? why can't he play fair and square with me for Carmi-" Crozeph shook his head "I'm gonna stop you right there, Carmilla chooses who she wants and not because some guy won her" he told him. "Now back to the analysis, why would Grey resort to such lengths just to separate you both and nerfed Carmilla's guardian which is you?" he asked. Crozeph smashed the clump of dirt on the ground hoping a material might come out of it.

• ID: 46308
  • LD: 9 no materials found
Edited by Crozeph

"If grey doesn't like you there's a simpler way to get rid of you but he didn't. He knew Carmilla would leave without you here" he said as he kicks the clump he smashed earlier. While it is true that Grey doesn't' like James, there are simpler ways that won't affect the other players. Crozeph has been thinking of it for a while and tried his best to arrive at more logical conclusions. "Think of it this way, Carmilla said she was being protected like a princess which she is not used to due to you handling the support while she fights. You, on the other hand, suffered from a really painful level gap because some stupid players decided to not swap which makes it a bit harder for you to do now. She said she doesn't see Grey opens a chest, she just gets her share." Crozeph continued to dig on the ground looking for materials "Carmilla told me that she shares her trinkets and anything except..." Crozeph pointed at James who realized something "except her sword!" James uttered.

James clenched his fist in anger "why!? he could've just taken it! why would Grey do it!" he was flaming in anger "if I remember correctly, when a player dies, their equips are destroyed and since Grey doesn't want to lose his precious target he protects her until he can get his hands on it" Crozeph replied. "This brings me to the next problem, if Carmilla can fight well then why are you two not leaving the group? she can fight her way out if you ask me but Grey trapped someone she loves and she knows that the person cannot fight back" Crozeph pointed at James again as he explains the situation "because I'm low-leveled I can't fight back? so Carmilla is..." Crozeph snapped his fingers "being blackmailed and if she fights you die and there's also one thing that you didn't notice" Crozeph scratched his head as he searched for materials "does Carmilla always wear those black gloves?" he asked James who realized it again "no she doesn't when it's just the two of us, what about it."

Crozeph sighed as he dug continuously as he heard James ask "for Grey to cement his blackmail method he did something that Carmilla would never do, get married" he said. James' eyes widened, anger swept away and overpowered his emotions "I'm going to get Carmilla!" he said. Crozeph had to say it again "then you'll die, Carmilla breaks and her sword goes to Grey, that's mission accomplished kiddo" he told him. James stood frozen, it was a terrible thing to happen and he didn't notice. "The gloves are to cover the wedding ring so you wouldn't see because if you do she knows you'll go and confront Grey which isn't a good idea. Married players share inventory right? somehow her sword doesn't leave her equips obviously so Grey couldn't get his hands or her sword and if she tries to divorce..." Crozeph stood up "you die also."

• ID: 146405
  • LD: 14 + 3 = 17 material found
  • x1 T2 material found
Edited by Crozeph

James was pacing all over the place, he as worried of Carmilla's safety "tell me Crozeph with your so-called deductions, is she safe? and how much time do we have?" he asked him. Crozeph stood up and stopped his materials gathering. His plan was still incomplete but the objective was clear to him and he had to tell James about it no matter how scary the truth is "if my analysis is correct, she still had time until the dungeon that Grey was talking about, assuming it is a dungeon and not just some area with powerful monsters" he told James as he dusted off dirt from his hand "our goal is to intercept the group and take Carmilla but for that to happen we need to use some diversion because the two of us would be killed if they attack us all" he walked towards the grassland again "we're placing a tracker on Carmilla and follow them while you, on the other hand, will practice what I've taught you. It won't make you invincible but it raises your chance of survival, that is all I need for this to work" he said as he looked towards the open area.

James felt a little relief at Crozeph's plan but he was still plagued by the fear of any of them would put their lives in danger "let's kill some fallen and get some better gear for yourself" Crozeph was already good with his items but even he has to prepare himself for the battle. James moved further into the grassland and unsheathed his shortsword "so where do we begin?" he asked Crozeph "follow me" the raven-haired player replied and they began darting off the ruins ahead.

Crozeph and James stood in front of a ruin, the placed loomed over them. There were cracks on the walls and foundation which made James feel uneasy "don't worry, the place isn't grassy so it won't slow you down but..." Crozeph kicked the sand "too much movement will cause for you to slip" he added. James swallowed hard, it was training and Crozeph wanted James to be prepared for what may happen. As they stood before the ruin, the sands began to shift and the Forgotten were revealed. "These bastards are scary" James said as he raised his sword. Crozeph looked at them and saw only husks of their existence. "Watch out for the teeth they might use it to bite, know the reach of their weapons and dodge while you can. We're not as hard as Grey but we have the basics to make up for it" he told James as he places his left hand on the hilt of his katana.

• ID: 146439
  • BD: 5 fail I MD: 1 fail
  • Savvy activated [+1 BD on next roll]

Spoiler

Crozeph 

• HP: 440/440 I Energy: 42/44 I ACC: 0 I EVA: 2 I MIT: 8 I +1 Savvy I DMG: 10

Forgotten Swordsman

• HP: 240/240 I DMG: 72 I ACC: 0 I EVA: 0 I MIT: 0

The swordsman to Crozeph left raised its sword to strike Crozeph with an overhead attack. Crozeph moved back and dodge the attack. James has engaged in a battle too. Both of them were using the footwork that Crozeph taught and was doing well. Crozeph unsheathed his sword and tried to hack away at the swordsman but the Forgotten moved back also "just like the infected swordsman, this one has skills" he thought. Crozeph lowered his sword, he'll be needing more than Batto Jutsu to kill the swordsman.

Edited by Crozeph
  • ID: 146440
  • BD: 10 critical I MD: 1 fail
  • Crozeph dealt 10 base + 2 critical x8 Haku Senpu = 96 damage to Forgotten Swordsman

Spoiler

Crozeph 

• HP: 440/440 I Energy: 34/44 I ACC: 0 I EVA: 2 I MIT: 8 I +1 Savvy I DMG: 10

Forgotten Swordsman

• HP: 144/240 I DMG: 72 I ACC: 0 I EVA: 0 I MIT: 0

The swordsman moved back at Crozeph's first attempt but the player dashed forward as soon as he lowered his katana. Their eyes gleamed as the sunlight passed through the cracks of the ruin. Crozeph wanted to set the pace of the fight and finish it so he can help James. The mobs were thin but underestimating a monster because of their advantage in number is absurd. Crozeph made an upward slash and followed it by multiple slices at the body of the Forgotten. The monster screamed and made a half-sword swing at Crozeph. The attack didn't hit as Crozeph quickly shifted his feet 3 meters away from the fallen swordsman.

"That half-sword technique is dangerous" he thought as he kept his eyes on the opponent. James seems to be doing fine with chipping away from the enemy health bar with his light attacks "he's really knowledgeable on this" Crozeph thought. He raised his sword up to his chest, a stance he used when aiming at the head or neck of his opponents.

Edited by Crozeph
  • ID: 146451
  • BD: 1 + 1 Savvy = 2 fail I MD: 9
  • Forgotten Swordsman dealt 72 + 1 critical - 8 MIT = 65 damage to Crozeph

Spoiler

Crozeph 

• HP: 375/440 I Energy: 32/44 I ACC: 0 I EVA: 2 I MIT: 8 I +1 Savvy I DMG: 10

Forgotten Swordsman

The swordsman ran towards Crozeph with a different stance of attack, its eyes were glued to him as if it's seeking vengeance. Crozeph began to move as he dodges the swings of the swordsman. Every swing had a considerable power and Crozeph knew that he wouldn't be able to dodge all of it. He moved his sword and tried to deflect one swing. He was successful but all of a sudden the swordsman took it's hand of the sword and landed a strong punch at Crozeph's face. It was unexpected for Crozeph and a solid hit to his cheek sent him rolling back until his slam on a rock. The swordsman picked up its sword and started to walk towards the player who is still trying to catch his breath.

James saw the attack but he quickly kept his eyes back to his opponent. "S**t! Crozeph was caught off guard by the punch, I have to watch out for this one too" he said as he tries to deflect the sword of the one facing him.

Edited by Crozeph
  • ID:146455
  • BD: 1 fail I MD: 4 - 2 EVA = 2 fail
  • Crozeph gained 8 health = 375 + 8 = 383/440
  • Savvy activated [+1 BD: on next roll]

Spoiler

Crozeph 

• HP: 383/440 I Energy: 30/44 I ACC: 0 I EVA: 2 I MIT: 8 I +1 Savvy I DMG: 10

Forgotten Swordsman

Crozeph tasted dust on his lips, he was sucker-punched by a swordsman. It was unexpected so he receives the full force of it, he stood up and dusted his yukata. The swordsman jumped forward and made a huge swing of its sword at Crozeph. A horizontal motion was easy to dodge for Crozeph, he rolled away as soon as he saw the attack. He still felt pain on his cheeks and if it wasn't a game he would probably be knocked out cold, the pain wasn't enough to distract him but his HP went down fast "damn this squishy build" he thought.

The swordsman made another swing again but Crozeph dodged the attack quite fast. Crozeph tried to slash at its neck but the swordsman is also nimble enough to dodge Crozeph's attack "I guess I have to move closer" he thought. James was also catching his breath, it was the first time for them to take on humanoid monsters to practice his footwork but Crozeph didn't mind, he looked like he is having enough fun on fighting.

Edited by Crozeph
  • ID: 146456
  • BD: 9 critical I MD: 7 - 2 EVA = 5 fail
  • Crozeph gained 8 health [Battle Healing] 383 + 8 = 391/440
  • Crozeph dealt 10 base + 1 critical x8 Haku Senpu = 88 damage to Forgotten Swordsman

Spoiler

Crozeph 

• HP: 391/440 I Energy: 32/44 I ACC: 0 I EVA: 2 I MIT: 8 I +1 Savvy I DMG: 10

Forgotten Swordsman

• HP: 56/240 I DMG: 72 I ACC: 0 I EVA: 0 I MIT: 0

Crozeph and the swordsman moved in at the same time, it was a battle of who's more cunning, Crozeph or a program. Crozeph's katana slammed at the sword of the Forgotten "now he's going to..." Crozeph was trying to test if the swordsman would try to punch him again as the distance is near. The swordsman's eyes gleamed and Crozeph saw it take its hand off the sword. Crozeph grinned as if he found a really good opportunity, he moved back and lowered his sword. In an instant, several slices were received by the swordsman. The attacks were relentless that the swordsman couldn't fight back, Crozeph was pushing his speed to the top of his stats. The swordsman had no choice but to moved back.

Crozeph kept his katana leveled to his chest as soon as the swordsman tried to gain some distance "punches them when near and overwhelms them with wide swings when far, nice strategy" Crozeph thought as he kept his eyes on his opponent.

Edited by Crozeph
  • ID: 146457
  • BD: 8 + 1  = 9 success I MD: 3 - 2 EVA = fail
  • Crozeph gained 8 health [Battle Healing] 391 + 8 = 399/440
  • Crozeph dealt 10 base x7 Zekkai = 70 damage to Forgotten Swordsman

Spoiler

Crozeph 

• HP: 399/440 I Energy: 32/44 I ACC: 0 I EVA: 2 I MIT: 8 I +1 Savvy I DMG: 10

Forgotten Swordsman

• HP: 0/240 I DMG: 72 I ACC: 0 I EVA: 0 I MIT: 0

Crozeph walked towards the swordsman, it was close to dying as it received Crozeph's attack earlier. The Forgotten Swordsman grumbled and gnashed its obsidian-like teeth in anger. Crozeph was the opposite, his eyes were cold with its azure color. James saw it too as the one he faced was also defeated, Crozeph was trying to intimidate the swordsman "he always had that stare in his eyes like his enemies were nothing but trash" he thought. 

The swordsman lunged towards Crozeph, another horizontal swing to the player. Crozeph dashed forward and unleashed his sword art right at the neck of the swordsman. Its head flew up as the katana sunk into the flesh on its neck. A merciless kill in James' eyes, Crozeph sheathed his sword as the swordsman shattered into fragments. James walked towards him "now we're making progress, so what you go from the monster?" he asked Crozeph waited and a few seconds later a window appeared in from of them and revealed Crozeph's loots.

• ID: 146458
  • LD: 7 + 3 = 10 I CD: 3
  • obtained the following: 
  • x4 T2 materials
  • 720 col
  • x1 T2 uncommon consumable
Edited by Crozeph

James leaned back on a foundation of the ruins after he saw Crozeph's loot "man that wasn't enough for me if you ask" he told him. Crozeph sheathed his katana slowly and shrugged his shoulders after "at least we get to have one" he replied. Crozeph looked at the expanse of the area, it was like a lost civilization to him. Crozeph looked around and saw the foundations and ceiling "these are like what you see in Greece or Rome" he said. James nodded his head "maybe, I'm not much of an outdoor person Carmilla and I enjoyed tabletop games along with other enthusiasts" James stood up and dusted his coat "where to now?" he asked.

"Good thing you had wonderful hobbies" he said as they began to walk out of the area "the best one I ever had is play video games" he added. James laughed "well I can see that you're quite good at it" Crozeph shook his head "I'm just on par with most, you see the flaw of my build right?" Crozeph always wanted to be agile but his build also has a problem of taking in so much damage "if we ever get to fight Grey, I'll be sent flying if I got hit" he told him. James looked down as they walked "yeah if you're right about him he might have some nice items along with the others on his side" he said with anger in his voice. "not everyone with good items can be strong, you and Carmilla survived through teamwork, the sword was just a bonus" he told him as they continue to walk outside the ruins,

NIGHT

Crozeph and James went into the tavern where Grey's group stay. It wasn't large but for Crozeph it can hold up to fifty people at once. A two-story tavern with lamps to light inside and a fireplace where anyone can relax after a long day of adventuring. Crozeph took a table and sat alone, he was not in the mood of socializing with Grey and his group. Before he took his seat he told Grey of how long will James join him as it seemed unfitting to hold back a player by material gathering only. The other members fell silent when they heard Crozeph "James and I fought some mobs when gathering, he's decent why don't you take him with you on grinding for levels. Team him up with Carmilla since they've fine-tuned their skills that it should work together" he told him. Grey was silent too and it caused an awkward atmosphere at their table "inform me until when so I can make plans for myself whether to train him or we just gather materials" he added.

Crozeph sighed as he waited for his ale and meat that he ordered "I can only spend so much in this place until I run out of money to buy equipments" he thought. Crozeph shuffled on his inventory "some armor and materials. There are consumables but I don't know how i can identify them for my escape plan" he thought. As he continue to wait a person sat on his table. A man with features of a bully yet charming at the same time. His blonde hair and chestnut eyes tell Crozeph that this guy likes to power trip "you seem to be full of yourself Crozeph" he told him. Crozeph looked back at him with his dead-serious eyes and that quickly made Grey uncomfortable "of course, I prefer it than being an a**hat of a leader" he replied.

"Chosa warned me about how you say things out of hand" Grey was starting to dislike him more and he's more pissed of by how Crozeph seemed unfazed by it "yeah she's not lying, maybe you should get back and warm your seat there before you hear another one" Crozeph leaned back to his chair and slid his arms inside his sleeves. Grey laughed as if he was provoking him "you really like to talk big Crow, someone might shoot you out of the sky so you better be careful" he mockingly called him by his moniker but Crozeph was disinterested with things "bow and arrows don't work here so I'm staying up" Crozeph replied. Grey was angrier by how Crozeph replies to him but before he could slam his gauntlet on the table, an NPC gave Crozeph his order to which Crozeph was thankful.

"If James being with you is a bother you can just leave him be here on us" Grey had to blurt out what he was there for and Crozeph didn't like it when someone disturbs him while eating. He set his fork and knife down and crossed his fingers as he rests his elbows on the table "I'm not an irresponsible person like you when it comes to others. James was placed in my care by a nitwit like you and I don't plan to leave him until you say so with good reasons..." Crozeph's blue eyes pierced through Grey "I mean I would do that..." Crozeph gave him a grin "... if I am a pathetic being who wants someone to be weak and leave them to die" he added. Grey bolted up of his seat, Crozeph's eyes still looking at his "did I say a nonsensical thing?" he asked him, and as he took a bite of his roasted meat he looked at Grey again "I think not."

Carmilla approached the table with James beside her, the atmosphere inside the tavern was getting intense as their attention was caught by Grey's sudden movement. Crozeph resumed his meal as Grey stood up. "Is everything all right?" Carmilla asked. Grey couldn't answer and add to that Crozeph looked at him and smiled "yeah you looked like you heard something terrible and true at the same time" he said. Grey clenched his fist as Crozeph kept on egging him, he was furious but further reactions will put him in a more complicated situation. 

James stepped in between them "look if this is about earlier I'm fine with Crozeph leaving, it's not like I can't handle myself. I can join you on leveling up and..." all of a sudden James was pushed by Grey, James fell on another table hitting his head and Carmilla quickly helped him get up. "Shut your mouth twig, I decide what I want to do with everyone in my group"  Grey uttered as he glared at Crozeph. "Bingo" Crozeph thought as he took another bite of his meal "that's cute and all, does your group know that you want things to go your way like you said?" he said as he twirls the fork between his fingers. Grey's companions looked at him with disgust as if they saw a different person. Others began to walk out of the tavern with a quick look of disgust to Grey before heading out. Grey's eyes were full of rage "this guy single-handedly turned others from me" he thought. Grey turned his attention to Carmilla "you know what happens when you walk out of here too right Carmilla?" he told her as she held James in her arms. Carmilla's hands began shaking and Crozeph saw it proving his deduction 'intimidation" he thought.

Crozeph ate his meal happily like a kid in a picnic and it made Grey angrier than he thought he would be. He returned to their table and sat down infuriated, Carmilla and James sat on Crozeph's table as Carmilla helps him from the pain. Out of the eight members of the group only five remains with Carmilla and James included. "well, it looks like your team is short on manpower" he told the two.

Crozeph found himself sitting on a bench in a garden again, his HUD was opened and a message has been sent to someone. The place was still lively and Crozeph just finished his meal and walked out of the tavern. The situation earlier didn't improve as Grey was still furious. Crozeph remembered how he caught Carmilla off guard, how he sent her the word "married" and it broke her secret as to why she wore gloves that covered her whole hand. "A bit complicated but I managed to figure it out, now I gotta figure out how to freakin save them both," he thought. He had been waiting for an hour after sending the message to someone and anytime soon that person will arrive and Crozeph's going to make things way harder.

"I guess I got the right person for the job" a voice beside him was heard. A girl with brown hair and eyes sat beside him, she has no weapon and wearing lighter clothes which seemed normal considering they're inside a safe zone "I agreed that I'd help you on your whim but I didn't expect it to be this..." Crozeph pulled her ear "... Chosa" he said as he with annoyance. The girl flailed her arm and tried to break free from Crozeph "I-I was worried about them, I knew those two from one of our tabletop sessions and they're great people" she told him "can you be less worried about people sometimes?" he was annoyed by it but Chosa for some reason figured how to make Crozeph do something "I also didn't know that it would be this bad, if it makes you feel better I'll help you from here on out" Chosa looked down and scratched her head "I'm really sorry if I dragged you into this mess, I mean Grey was nice from the start so we didn't notice the greediness he had" she added. Crozeph shook his head "I don't buy that b******t about being nice, every male is a wolf and you just have to know if they're the patient kind or the impatient bastards" he told her. "Does that mean you and James can be considered a wolf too?"  she asked as they continued the conversation "yes, one day I'll bite you till you cry and as for James, the only one he'll hunt is Carmilla" he added.

Crozeph and Chosa find themselves in a forest near the settlement, it was weird for Chosa but with how she placed Crozeph in a situation he can't turn a blind eye, she just wanted to make it up for him.  "So we're going to look for a treasure chest here?" she asked him to which Crozeph nodded as a reply. Chosa placed her arm on his shoulder  "you know I only meet you a few times but I always get this feeling that you're a dependable person, you just need someone to push you to be one" she uttered as she walked towards a tree "I'm not some pushover you can just use for doing these kinds of things" it annoyed Crozeph but he kept a calm expression on his face. Chosa was right, ever since she and Yuki were there, he was always pushed to be dependable. He hated it because he himself isn't sure how long he can be one and the only thing he's good at is staying out of the way for others. "No! not like that Crow, I just thought that you can do the things that I want to do yet I can't with my capabilities" she uttered as she looked at him in the eyes "it's kind of funny, you can help but you don't want to because reasons and here I am wanting to help but I can't because of my reasons also." 

"It's not a troublesome thing really but I don't understand..." Crozeph's blue and weary eyes gazed at the moon "They could've just fought their way out of Grey's clutches, risky but isn't that how things go with the person you love?" he asked her. Chosa smiled at what she heard, a boy struggling to understand a thing about the James and Carmilla "well there are times that you are willing to give up what you have just so the one you love remains"  she replied, "in the case of those two as you told me, Carmilla gave up her freedom just so James would remain alive and she kept the sword that would remind her of what the two of them achieved." Crozeph shook his head in disbelief "things could've been better if they..." Chosa placed a finger on Crozeph's lips "there are logical things that one who is in love wouldn't be able to perceive, they just feel and forgot to think" she told him. Crozeph bit her finger which made Chosa flinch "this is why I don't put interests on things like that"  he uttered as if it was a bad thing. Chosa laughed at what she heard "and that is why you can never understand what it is to love someone on that level, maybe someday but I doubt you can anytime soon."