[F21-PP] Convenient Looting (Nature's Treasure)

Waking up early in the morning Sam figures the best way to get better at the gathering is with practice and training. Thinking of the spot that Raidou showed her she looks around Eruda's shop and realized that she was not there. Figuring that she had already left for the day, she kinda wanders where she headed off at 5:30 in the morning but knows that Eruda can handle herself. Sam gathering what little she had and heads out the door. Sam makes haste toward the warp gate in the beginning city intending to go to the newfound gathering spot. Stepping onto the teleporter saying "Floor 21" as her cells start to rearrange themselves. Feet flat on floor 21, Sam quickly starts walking with a small yawn that manages to escape her face toward the small cave hoping that Raidou would be okay with her utilizing his spot for materials that she knows that she will need later. 

Spoiler

Sam - The Red Rose:

Level: 6

HP: 120/120

EN: 12/12

Weapon: 

Armor: 

Misc: Silver Band - Farore's Wind: +3 Loot Dice

Damage: 1

Evasion: 0

Loot Dice: +3

Skills:

Edited by Sam

An early morning beckons an early harvest, a routine schedule that brought him to the alcoved garden to which he frequented on the daily. A meal was settling in his stomach while he trailed away from the town of Tolbana on floor 21, a methodical tear from the quest board with hurried feet past the dim light in myriad color to a still barren city. Outside the walls leading through the yellowed fog that stings the lungs despite slight exposure. Raidou leans down and slides within, taking a quick gander about the circumference looking at what lay dormant and ripe for the picking through the blue and red light provided. The garden seemed in a flourish with an easy perusal producing the very same quantity he had come to expect from this place, removal of his robe to begin the procedure to which he had become accustomed Raidou prepares for the gained yield as per usual.

Consumed Hazelnut Cookie Rounds (+2 Loot Dice) 

Spoiler

Raidou, The Red Wanderer:

Level: 37

HP: 740/740

En: 74/74

Weapon: The Black Star - Genesis [1HSS] (T1/Perfect): Paralyze 1 (9-10), Taunt (+1 Hatred from Attacks/Howls, +2 on Focused), Vampiric [Offensive] 1 (Recover 10% of Total HP on 9-10)

Misc: Onyx Spectacles [Trinket] (T1/Perfect): +3 Loot Dice

Misc: Red Wanderer's Robe [Light] (T1/Perfect): +3 Evasion

Skills:

1 Handed Straight Sword: Rank 3

Parry: Obtained

Gatherer: Obtained

Searching: Rank 5 (GM) (+5 Loot Dice on Non Combat Gathering)

Concentration [Extra]: +1 Accuracy on next attack, 3 turn cool down

Battle Ready Inventory:

Auric Sol  [1HSS] (T2/Perfect): +6 Base Damage

Self-Heal Recovery Potion*4

Teleport Crystal*2

Swordsman's Gauntlet [Heavy] (T2/Perfect): +54 Damage Mitigation

The yellow fog starts to arise around Sam as she almost forgot that it was there from last time. Covering her entire face besides her eyes she catches a small glimpse of red move past her and then disappears into the hole. A smile forms under her arm as she quickly runs the rest of the way, sliding into the slit through the rocks. Seeing Raidou standing there examining the lot she walks next to him doing the same. Without looking directed at him as her eyes glance across the potential loot she says "Do you mind if I join you today?" Sam wait for some form of answer before she starts the valued hunt because she doesn't want to get in Raidou way or invade the space that he found. Sam walks a few feet forward and looks back at Raidou with a raise of her brow waiting for the okay to proceed.

A few footfalls and the sound of shimming show an entrant he had not expected, the girl from before known as Sam seemed to have returned. A question answered: "Not at all" Raidou remarked in a short and sweet response with his section set with the final corner pulled straight to cast the reddened square where he intends to pile upon his yield. Hurried hands begin to traverse what was littered about the ground, a patch of bright orange with a pungent citrus scent. Tangerine Dream is the name, useful in crafting pheromones and to a lesser degree perfumes and the like. With little effort, they begin to pile up on his right, in a growing mass as glimmers of gold with a brush of the hand give away those worth picking and transporting home. To this end, Raidou paid care to not damage them upon removal, lest he hurt his own stock.

ID# 145866 results: Craft: 10, Loot: 10+[5/3/2]=20, Success!

[Gatherer Activated!] +3 Bonus Materials

5*T3 Materials Obtained!

Total T3 Materials: 5

Edited by Raidou

With a small nod of acknowledgment, Sam turns to the caves inning and finds herself a small patch of green herbs herself. Being careful not to step on the others that Raidou was observing, Sam makes her way to it. Crouching down and using what she had learned before she looks very carefully at the different shades of green. Her hand raised upon each fiber given she tries to figure out the good from the useless. With little effort a small glow from each that was ripened. Sam gently picks and places each in her satchel that was apparent to her eyes. Seeing the worth in each, she smiles as she knew that she was starting to get a hang of determining one from the other. Once she could find all she could she gets to her feet and moves to the other side of the same patch to see if she missed any.

ID# 145874 results: Loot: 17+3=20 Success

2*T3 Materials Obtained!

Total T3 Materials: 2

Edited by Sam

A growing mass to his side with each pluck of the plant matter rooted through stone and dust underneath him, a scatter of stone sent away with each extraction. A tap of the removed unit on his thigh kicks loose the dirt that is clung to its network produced for obtaining nutrition from its environment. These very same Raidou shifts about and piles together for the move to his robe, as the patch's count begins to dwindle down in number. The smell seemed to have sunk into the pores on his hands, causing his hands to become slightly adhesive and very strong. But there was more to claim and Raidou was not one to leave things incomplete if he could help it, and to this end, his hands continued in constant movement creating a rhythmic break of roots as if a song sung for the nomad who made a second home in this grotto.

ID# 145876 results: Craft: 3, Loot: 20+[5/3/2]=30, Success!

[Gatherer Activated!] +1 Bonus Materials

3*T3 Materials Obtained!

Total T3 Materials: 8

Edited by Raidou

Sam attempt to continue with the herbs but some of them would give way. It seemed that some were stuck and hard to pull out from the root. "Why are you guys being such a..." Sam says quietly trying to break some loose. She manages to pick one put it crumbles in her grasp. "Okay, apparently these are not pickable anymore." Sam gets to her feet with a huff. Glancing around the cave she finds Raidou and his hands at rhythmic pace with no flaws in his movement. Sam smiles saying "You never cease to amaze me Raidou. You're so fluent in this" as she watches him so calm and collected. A small sigh comes from her mouth before she begins scanning the cavern for more potential materials she could gather. Something catches her eyes in the distance through the dim light. Sam makes her way that way hoping that she would have better luck.

ID# 146041 results: Loot: 2+3=5 Fail

0*T3 Materials Obtained!

Total T3 Materials: 2 

Edited by Sam

"It comes with patience, time, and effort. I find solace here and as such it helps me focus my thoughts to a fine point." Raidou explains "Plans are formed and refined through a sea of green." Spoken as he pulls free the final few plants that were left for him to claim. Taking a raise and steps to the stream of water near the entrance Raidou rinses his hands within it, wanting to remove the stink that had punched into his skin and remove the sticky feeling from them. "You gave up too easily, sometimes an aggressive approach..." Raidou speaks as he removes the green plant "Isn't what is required but rather a focused one. Take away emotion and allow reason to control your actions." Placing the successive harvest in Sam's hand Raidou moves on, for he had plenty of plants but the lesson was worth the time he had spent.

Raidou hands Sam 1*T3 Material

ID# 146054 results: Craft: 5, Loot: 9+[5/3/2]=19, Success!

3*T3 Materials Obtained!

Total T3 Materials: 10

Edited by Raidou

Raidou explains and walks to her placing a green herb in her hands. "I guess I will have to take a better worth of my time to find more then. You're too smart for your own good." Sam places the fiber with the others in her satchel and glances at the crate that she found just a moment ago. Taking her knife out she scans the crate for a hole to push her dagger into. Eventually, she finds such a place and sticks her dagger to it, Sam pops the lid off with ease. Withing there was a bunch of junk but a bolt of thread was the most noticeable at the moment that was sitting against the sides of the confinement. Sam picks it up and places it into her bag making sure not to ruin the herbs. Hearing what Raidou told her she continues to dig through this box for more loot that would serve of use to her new friend Eruda.

ID# 146126 results: Loot: 10+3=13 Success 

1*T3 Materials Obtained!

1*T3 Materials Obtained from Raidou

Total T3 Materials: 4

Edited by Sam

A lesson imparted from the nomad with the transfer of a single piece of material as a tangible source of such, Raidou moves on to the next in sequence. To a wall of metal with veins of blood red fired about it in a network, withdrawing his blade from its scabbard. A heavy cleave downward knocks free what lay within in shards of stone jagged and sharp. A flourish and inspection of the sword to no found damage, Raidou sheathes it and begins to peruse what had fallen. Some lay inert but a few seem rich in the mineral and to these few a care to cordon them from the rest. "I still have so much to learn." Raidou whispers with honesty, to most he seemed the trove of information but the opposite was true. There was more that beckoned to be written and understood, a fact he was certain would give them all the edge to survive.

ID# 146223 results: Craft: 12, Loot: 20+[5/3/2]=30, Success!

5*T3 Materials Obtained!

Total T3 Materials: 15

Edited by Raidou

Sam scrabbles the items within the potential materials. "If we are speaking the truth, everyone here in this world has more to learn as well. Even the higher players that think they are all-knowing, in my opinion, know nothing more than what they've only accomplished." Sam carefully but restlessly digs through old rusted rags trying her hardest to find anything more in this crate. "There has to be something in here" saying kind of muffled for she had her head inside the large crate with her hands moving everything around finding nothing. Standing upright again with her hair covering her face, she moves it away brushing it back with her hand with a small huff of breath. Turning to Raidou "All I'm trying to say is until you have experienced what others have, you really don't have a clue. You take your time to learn things about everything and everyone that no one else would even attempt. Soon you will really know everything and for that be a better person because of it," saying this with a smile, Sam turns back to the large container "Okay you" she says as she sticks her head back in scrambling everything in it trying to find anything of value not wanting to give up just yet.

ID# 146227 results: Loot: 2+3=5 Failure!

0*T3 Materials Obtained!

Total T3 Materials: 4

Edited by Sam

A persistent picking through the wreckage he had wrought, adding a few more units of worth to the small forming pile of blood red metals. The sheer number was progressing along swimmingly as the minutes he was spending paled when compared to the haul he was retrieving. "Hardly, it is impossible to know everything. There will always be more to learn, to experience and to understand." Raidou remarks while digging through the stones, his back to the girl while he is knelt down. A simple notion but one carried close to Raidou's chest, all aspects required tinkering and processing before it was relevant but most things even those that were seen as trivial had some worth and some value. Grabbing an arm full of the ore up and moving it to his robe, Raidou clears some space to work as there was still more to do and much more to accomplish.

ID# 146234 results: Craft: 8, Loot: 9+[5/3/2]=19, Success!

[Gatherer Activated!] +2 Bonus Materials

4*T3 Materials Obtained!

Total T3 Materials: 19

Edited by Raidou

Head comes out of the crate just in time to hear Raidou's words. "I should have known that because I self-taught everything I know but even then I feel like I know nothing..." word fall a bit as she thinks of everything that she would miss and has missed since being here. "Being so young, I have never known such value to life until it was taken away right underneath my feet. Being a gamer kinda sucks because it took me away from other feelings that I severally lack like love. I know that I like girls but I have never found the right one to have those emotions with." Turning back to the crate with a frown painted on her face she digs through the rubbish a bit more before finding a spoil of silk. Picking it up and placing it in her bag she starts looking for another source to carve from. 

ID# 146240 results: Loot: 9+3=12 Success!

1*T3 Materials Obtained!

Edited by Sam

A shift of the ore as he recovers the last that lay available to do so, picking them up and moving them to the others upon his tapestry of red. Raidou looks on about the interior with another type now scratched from his mental list. This brought about another and his sights find his quarry in the shape of jewels along the back wall, as usual, drawing his sword and taking to the surface. Jamming the point of the blade into the first he had set his sight upon, a light pink gemstone encased in the cool grey stone around it. Debris falls loose at the impact with sparks, as the weapon digs in like a scalpel, Raidou using both arms to shove it in inches deeper before wriggling it about in an attempt to pluck it lose. Eventually, it gives and pops free, colliding to the stone with a reverberating impact. A phrase left unhalted as Raidou knew not what to say.

ID# 146251 results: Craft: 12, Loot: 7+[5/3/2]=17, Success!

5*T3 Materials Obtained!

Total T3 Materials: 24

Edited by Raidou
  • 2 weeks later...

Raidou silence says it all. Not having any words for her as she watches him gather a few more material. "I'm sorry to offload like that. It's just something that's been on my mind. Usually, I have no problems focusing, but this game..." Sams words fall to nothing. Shifting through the remainder of the bottom of the crate and finding nothing more. Getting to her feet, she glances at Raidou who was gathering. Sam searches around the area to find more material of value but can't seem to pinpoint anything. "Eruda was trying to teach me how to push everything out of my mind, to focus on what was important. I just can't stop thinking about everything and it's so frustrating to know that this stupid game is causing me to think of everything that I wouldn't normally think about. It..scares me...I think I am scared of what might happen in the future," She says and she looks to something shinning against the wall in the distance.

ID# 149920 results: Loot: 3+3=6 Failure!

0*T3 Materials Obtained!

Edited by Sam

"A simple notion, is to focus only on what you can change. Fear can be controlled, as can the threat of that which you fear." Raidou remarks as he finally founds the words he was seeking in the materials as he was harvesting. Moving about what he had retrieved to his robe as the gemstones were making a solid footing precarious. "This is why I do what I am, security is a hard thing to build when death is on the horizon. If you let that fear control you then you will end your life here, by taking steps to put it beside you and rely on those around you for safety in numbers. Firm Anima is the embodiment of that very ideal, to support not only each other but offer a hand to those who just need that small glimmer of 'We can survive this, we can win this fight and go home.' By standing together, we have more than a fighting chance." his attention still focused on a fine point to the stone with his sword in constant motion, as they were in fact the first step to this very end.

ID# 149924 results: Craft: 11, Loot: 11+[5/3/2]=21, Success!

5*T3 Materials Obtained!

Total T3 Materials: 29

Edited by Raidou

Sam sees the ore on the wall but her mind was blank of what she was doing. She brushes her hand across the ore trying to observe the content but can't seem to focus on such a thing. "How can I entrust my life in the hands of people that hate me. I have done nothing but made mistakes while working with your group. Even though Eruda is letting me stay at her shop right now, I don't even think she is 100% on my side either." Her mind goes darting to Setsuna specifically. "I know trust is a big thing in a group like yours but how can I get them to trust or even like me..." Sam looks at the rock with a blank expression. She was finding it very hard to focus with everything on her mind. "How can I make them like me...It took me years to get my friends to accept me but now..." Sam stares at the ore on the wall trying to organize her thoughts.

ID# 149925 results: Loot: 4+3=7 Failure

0*T3 Materials Obtained!

Edited by Sam

Raidou was taken back by the response, he wasn't sure they even enjoyed his company but it was his guiding hand that was the reason they stayed around. Well excluding Kasumi and possibly Eruda. "I believe, if they like you is not important. What is important is that you are in this together, you have common ground even if they don't see it. We are all trapped here, it would be foolish to attempt to stand alone when so many share your situation. You outnumber your enemies and have the tools at your disposal to offset the balance and build an advantage to which they cannot respond. Exploit it and survive, that is all that is important. If they like you afterward is nothing more than an inconvenience." Raidou spoke with a firm stance on the subject that was present in his voice, the sounds of falling gemstone adding to the anthem with a clash of sound with each falling to the rough stone floor.

ID# 149929 results: Craft: 9, Loot: 3+[5/3/2]=13, Success!

[Gatherer Activated!] +2 Bonus Materials

3*T3 Materials Obtained!

Total T3 Materials: 32

Edited by Raidou

Listening to these words Sam was amazed by what he thought. Sam takes her dagger out knowing that he was right. They did have that uncommon and nothing else really matters as long as they all got out safely. Sam uses the hilt of her weapon to bash against this ore with multiple repeated hits trying the break free whatever this rock had to offer. Raidou's words gave Sam some relief, enough to focus on the task at hand. Eventually, jagged rocks and blue minerals filled the ground beneath her. Sam kneels down to collect the materials that seemed most valuable. "Your right. If I think of more end game and not the in-betweens then I will get much further. I can't be stressing on whether or not people like more just that they can and will actually work with me. I will focus on that and see where that gets me." Sam scrambles through the rubble and picks up a few that look more potent than the others.  

ID# 149930 results: Loot: 14+3=17 Success!

2*T3 Materials Obtained!

Total T3 Materials: 7

Edited by Sam

With the final few and a point taken across Sam understood what he was getting at which was a fine conclusion to the day given his yield. "I have more to attend to today if you have anything you need to get off your mind you know where to find me, Sam. Do not let that fear control you, you will always have a place amongst the group even if they do not like the fact. They need to learn to work together if they wish to have any hope of getting out of this mess. To this end, they will learn or will stay in a village until those who can save them. I will not allow them to be blinded by their own devices and get themselves killed. Even if it means I have to tie them down myself." Raidou remarks dropping the final pieces of jewels into his bag before he takes his leave with a raised hand.

ID# 149931 results: Craft: 3, Loot: 7+[5/3/2]=17, Success!

3*T3 Materials Obtained!

Total T3 Materials: 35

Edited by Raidou