[SP-F6] <<Deforestation>> Green's Inferno

Crozeph could feel his consciousness fading as he placed his hand on his side "damn that tiger" he thought. He took a step but soon enough he fell on his knees, Jeca quickly ran to his side and caught him by the shoulder before he could fall face down on the ground "are you going to be okay? she asked. She helped Crozeph lean on a tree and took out a vial of health potion give that to the wounded not me, I have enough regen to endure this. Just give me a couple of minutes" he told her. Jeca nodded and made her way to the group of warriors. 

Crozeph took a deep breath and leaned his head to the tree, Jeca tended to the wounded with what little supplies she had. Crozeph didn't have any except for some food he bought from the settlement "I've got to stock up on some nice meals from Yuki" he thought as he remained still. Soon his regeneration will bring him back to top shape and ready to take on Byakko if the creature ever reveals itself to them sooner.

Crozeph stood up after a few minutes and tried to move around. It seems the damage has already healed and he can make himself useful if there's another attack "we should set a camp somewhere, the wounded how are they?" he asked Jeca. "The potions I brought are effective, it should help them stand up soon but I doubt they'd be ready to fight with us" she replied. Crozepg turned his head and looked at the thick and lush forest before them "that won't be necessary, the two of us will take it on" he said. Jeca bit her lip in annoyance "I hate how you're being an authoritarian at times, the head of their tribe told us they'd be with us and now you're acting like they're useless?" she said. Crozeph didn't reply but rather took off into the forest. "Hey dip***t where are you going? did I hit your ego?" she yelled at him.

Crozeph sat by the edge of the cliff and gazed at the forest. Jeca followed him in anger "if you're going to tell me that they're useless then maybe you should quit on doing this" she told him. Crozeph kept himself calm, he was misunderstood. He didn't want any of the women to get killed, one had already died because they were caught of guard and the second one wounded two warriors and Jeca. The girl turned around and made her way back to the women "what an a**hole" she said. Crozeph kept his gaze at the forest below "smoke coming out, it's near and might me making its way back to the area it burned earlier" he though. Smoke came out from the forest below and it was obvious that it was caused by Byakko.

Edited by Crozeph

The women set up camp with Jeca but Crozeph remained seated on the edge of the cliff, it wasn't going to be a dark soon but they figured that Crozeph was right. Maybe if they could rest for more they can regain their usual strength. Jeca was quiet but her anger can be clearly seen on her face. One of the women placed her hand or Jeca's shoulder "he wasn't being mean to us. If you think about it he's got a point. We've been ambushed twice by wild animals, he's clearly upset that we've been caught off-guard twice" she told Jeca. It was probably the reason why he was starting to get annoying, he is annoyed himself. Jeca sighed, it was indeed frustrating to have been ambushed twice.

Crozeph stood up as he saw the smoke grow thicker "it's going to make its move" he thought. The smoke went higher that even the women saw it too "it is Byakko" one of them exclaimed. Jeca stood up and saw Crozeph jump off the cliff "he's taking on it alone!?" she muttered. One of the women pushed her "help him or he'll be burned to death" she said. Jeca Jeca picked up her axe and began chasing Crozeph down the cliff.

A circle of flames burst out of the forest and the amazons saw it, a true horror in their eyes. The forest that they cherish being reduced slowly by this beast that roamed the floor. Flames went upwards with smoke, deforestation has begun and the only thing that might stop it is if the beast is slain. Jeca landed on the ground safely but a few minutes earlier she saw Crozeph rolling like a bale of hay. "He didn't have the acrobatic skills but still he jumped without hesitation" she thought. Jeca remembered the words of the woman earlier, Crozeph was only trying to mitigate the casualties in their point of view. Jeca turned red in embarrassment as she ran chasing after Crozeph "I guess I said some terrible things to him" she thought.

• ID: 148017
  • BD: 6 success I MD: 10 critical success
  • Crozeph dealt 12 base x15 San Ge = 180 - 40 MIT = 140 damage to Byakko
  • Byakko dealt 30 base - 8 MIT = 22 damage to Crozeph
  • Crozeph suffers 30 burn damage [10 MD roll]

Spoiler

Crozeph

• HP: 440/500 I EN: 35/50 I DMG: 12 I ACC: 0 I EVA: 2 I MIT: 8 I +2 Savvy I +1 Bleed I +2 Regen [receives 30 burn damage per turn]

Byakko

• HP: 10/150 I DMG: 60 I ACC: 0 I EVA: 0 I MIT: 40 I inflicts half damage as burn on a roll of 9 or 10 

Crozeph dashed towards the location his speed almost fanning the flames. "so that's how he does it, it launches an AoE attack" he thought. Crozeph unsheathed his sword and began his attack. Crozeph executed his sword art and landed multiple attacks to Byakko. The beast was caught off guard but it was ready to return the favor. Crozeph made a downward vertical chop as Byakko turned around. The beast opened its mouth and breath fire to Crozeph. The player's speed wasn't enough to dodge the widespread flame Byakko emitted. 

Crozeph slammed to a burned tree as the attack hit him. He could feel is right hand burning as if the flames seeped into is skin. "Well I guess I'll burn" he thought as he tries to shrug off the burning sensation.

Edited by Crozeph
  • ID: 148018
  • BD: 8 success I MD: 8 - 2 EVA = 6 success
  • Crozeph gained 8 health [Battle Healing] 440 + 8 = 448/500
  • Crozeph gained 20 health [Regen] 448 + 20 = 468/500
  • Crozeph dealt 12 x11 Iai = 132 - 40 MIT = 92 damage to Byakko
  • Byakko Dealt 60 - 8 MIT = 52 damage to Crozeph
  • Crozeph suffered 30 burn damage 

Spoiler

Crozeph

• HP: 386/500 I EN: 24/50 I DMG: 12 I ACC: 0 I EVA: 2 I MIT: 8 I +2 Savvy I +1 Bleed I +2 Regen [receives 30 burn damage per turn]

Byakko

• HP: 0/150 I DMG: 60 I ACC: 0 I EVA: 0 I MIT: 40 I inflicts half damage as burn on a roll of 9 or 10 

Byakko dashed forward ramming Crozeph through a couple of trees before swatting him away with its claw. The rave-haired player felt his HP drop fast and with the burn damage adding up, it was a miracle that he still has above half of his health. Crozeph stood up and tried to control his breathing, he placed his katana back to its sheathe and assumed a stance, a Batto Jutsu stance. Byakko let out a roar and ran towards Crozeph, another attack would make the player weak and ready for the kill.

Crozeph took a deep breath and ignored the burning feeling on his right hand, he gripped the hilt of his katana and drew out the blade. It was a fast strike and it went through the body of Byakko as the beast's momentum sent it to its doom. The flaming tiger went past Crozeph and fell down, The crash was so strong Crozeph was pushed forward making him land on the ground face first. Jeca saw it how his last strike finished off Byakko "so this is what Chosa is telling me" she thought.

Edited by Crozeph

Thick smoke, burning sensations, fire everywhere, and his right shoulder to arm burning. Crozeph tried to gather his thoughts, A minute ago he was trying to kill Byakko, and while he was doing that he got hit by a surge of flame as its breath. He can only remember that he took a deep breath before doing Iai, a Batto Jutsu technique. Crozeph felt a burning feeling on his back like he's being dragged on the ground like a rag. Crozeph turned his head and saw Jeca dragging him with her one hand and holding her ax with the other. She was pulling him away from the forest fire that was flaring before him, the place where Byakko fired its fire as if it wanted Crozeph to be well done.

"This is getting old Crozeph, carrying you that is" she told him. Crozeph didn't move, he let Jeca drag her back to safety. The forest fire didn't spread and as Crozeph tried to process what happened, it would seem that the breath of fire he received from Byakko made him pass out but his muscles memory quickly choose the skills he had been practicing. "I guess practice did save me this time," he thought. 

• Crozeph obtained x1 Tiger Rage potion

NIGHT FALLS ON KRYCIM

Crozeph and Jeca stood in front of the tribe leader and expressing her gratitude to the two for finishing off Byakko "I knew it was the right choice to employ the help of the players" she said. She turned her gaze towards Crozeph who Jeca told them was the slayer of Byakko "I've heard how you killed the beast fast enough to not let the fire spread wider, though I must say that your bravery to take on that fire from the beast's attack was close to stupidity so it..." Crozeph raised his hand "to be honest I can't remember jack s*** of what happened after it turned its head and went all spicy taco on my face so it wasn't stupidity I was caugh..." Jeca poke his side with her elbow "well he may be erratic at times but Crozeph will always look out for the welfare of others while doing it in the most unconvincing method" she told the tribe leader. 

The two stepped out of the hut and began making their way to a bridge "it was a compliment if you ask me" she told him as she rests her arms and back leaning on the bridge. 'It didn't sound like one to me" he replied. Jeca gave an amused laugh "I get why Chosa is all about how you are a pain in the a** when it comes to sharing your plans" she saw how Crozeph defeated a huge flaming beast, he wasn't strong enough to go on a power trip but he sure used all the basic tactics he could think of. "I just don't like some plans going bad. If I ever devise any it would just be an add-on to the master plan"  he wanted to get the thought inside Jeca, that he isn't a full-fledged team player, he's just an accessory that at times becomes the main. 

"Well I guess this is goodbye, for now, I hope I could join you again on some quest, and also I need to tell you this..." Jeca moved closer to him "I like boys who can go hard" she told him. Crozeph took a step back and gave Jeca a deadpan stare "eat s*** and die"  he uttered with no hesitation. Jeca made puppy laugh as she heard him "that's what I like about you Crow, you don't let yourself be caught off guard when it comes to things like this" Jeca waved her hand and began walking towards a tavern "now if you'll excuse me, I have a guy to take on as a boyfriend" she added. Crozeph didn't waste any time and looked for the teleportation portal "women and their machinations, they don't stand a chance against my defense" he thought. Crozeph then suddenly remembered his best friend and Yuki giving him food, Chosa, and her altruistic tendencies towards him, and Mari's gentle and caring nature whenever he visits her. 

He stood in from of the portal and thought hard for a second "w-well I guess some exceptions can be made" he said before stepping inside the portal. Another quest done and some materials for him to use and items to identify. With this, Crozeph is ready to change his profession.